LA Weight Loss - Exercise while on T.O.

View Full Version : Exercise while on T.O.

wtbthin
05-14-2007, 09:21 PM
Does anyone know if it is ok to do exercise while doing the limited Take off? I was planning on starting tomorrow and doing 30 mins on the eliptical? Any suggestions?

mnauer
05-14-2007, 09:40 PM
I don't know if it's "OK" to exercise during take off, but I do a shorter work out during these two days. I think 30 mins at a low intensity on your eliptical should be fine if you feel strong enough. I just got off mine and feel great. I think it helps me stay calm and focused.

mlmagic
05-14-2007, 10:51 PM
I do exercise, but lightly, as I can get kinda headache/little dizzyish sometimes on TO, so I let those days be mellow and get extra sleep/rest.:)

LittleBlueCat
05-14-2007, 10:53 PM
Take Off never stopped me from my daily 2 mile walk on my lunch hour. It is the time for me to get away, and walk my stress away. Take Off or not. But I do make sure I save 1/2 of a LA Lite to have before the walk so I don't get too hungry or weak. Then when I get back from the walk, I eat my miserable portion of food...

Dan2112
05-15-2007, 10:57 AM
I've always kind of thought that you should take it easy while on TO, in that if you do too much, your body, already somewhat starved for food, goes into "starvation mode" and starts conserving all the stuff you're trying to flush out during the two days.

When I do TO, I usually just walk, but I have to admit I've really let my exercising go out the window lately.. I really need to start stepping it up..

LittleBlueCat
05-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Dan, that's all I do, is walk, during TO or not. Do you really think I should skip my daily walk during the 2 day TO?? The walk is usually what keeps my mind off the food :D

Dan2112
05-15-2007, 12:52 PM
No.. I think you're fine with sticking with the walking.. Walking is about as low impact as you can get but still get a decent cardio workout. My COD was more concerned with treadmilling at a fast pace or doing heavy weights...

sar66
05-15-2007, 01:06 PM
I agree with Dan walking is the best but especially when on TO as you could faint if you over do it!! But dont forget the water - its vital!

UK Sarah