Carb Counters - Weekly Chat 5/14 - 5/20

View Full Version : Weekly Chat 5/14 - 5/20

jaesueray
05-14-2007, 05:53 AM
Morning all....and i even got the date right!:carrot: :carrot:

Did a little extra cooking on the grill yesterday...pork chops and chicken, and i am ready for the next few days...made a container of cole slaw as well. I am gonna concentrate on this day and making it on plan for the next 24 hours...wish me luck

had a great mothers day....babysat my grandson sat nite and got a nice hanging planter from my DD2 with some cute purple flowers, lantana i think, on sunday. got a happy mothers day call from my armyson stationed in alaska, we chat online a lot, but its always nice to hear his voice..
DD1 had to work, but she is moving back here from athens this friday. her and her finace want to live around here...so i will get caught up with her then.

Today i will:
-eat my on plan meals, pork chops and coleslaw for lunch not sure about brekfast
-drink at least 32 oz of water
-take vitamin
-look online for a pedometer so i can measure how much i walk a day, 10,000 steps is supposed to be some sort of benchmark, right?,,,think i read that somewhere..

well, think i will stop at four "to dos" for today

everyone have a great day!!
Jae

jane8760
05-14-2007, 09:17 AM
Good morning

Jae: Sounds like you had a nice mothers day. When you make your cole slaw are you using Splenda or do you use regular sugar? My recipe doesn't call for much sugar...so just curious how strick you are being. I love cole slaw :D

Well I need to cry to the group this morning. I am not a mother but BOY DO I HAVE ONE! You see my mother is an alchoholic. After my dad (drinking buddy #1) passed away she seemed to get a handle on it and I was ok with her having a glass of wine now and then. She is 81....and if that is as good as I get for now then I will deal with it. But...once in a while she goes a bit too much and yesterday when I walked into my brother's house it was so obvious she was smashed! I asked him how long she had been there...he said only about 5 minutes. So that only means one thing....she was drinking earlier at home. I can deal with her when she gets a little stupid as I like to call it but when she is discustingly drunk I cannot tolerate it. So I talked to my brothers that were there...they choose to ignore it. Well I don't....but I held out as long as I could....about 3 hours. Then when I heard her on the phone with son #3...and she could barely put 2 words together that was it. I got her in the kitchen and asked her "how much had she had before she got here" she gave me the usual "I haven't had anything" OH PLEASE!

Well.......she then went back into the porch sat down with a puss on her face and wouldn't talk to me. I got up and said fine.....whatever. She asked my oldest brother to take her home but son #2 drove her home instead. Those of us that were left there talked about it and they all seemed to agree. They were kidding me about going into business "Professional Party Ruiner". But when my brother came back after driving her home he looked none too happy. I am sure he had to deal with the crying and ranting all the way to her house. Well too bad!!!!!!!!!! I have had to put up with it for most of my life while they all buried their head in the sand!

So today will be interesting....usually I will get the call (at work mind you) and she will tell me how awful I am and how I ruined her mother's day. I will tell her that SHE ruined her mothers day not me. I will remind her again how freakin drunk she was. It will end up with her hanging up then calling back later to yell some more..then hanging up...and calling again. OR.....it could go this way....I will get the cold shoulder for a few days....aaaahhhhh the piece and quite. Then she will give in and call me with that chilly voice. I know the drill but I don't play her game anymore.

But now tell me why I feel bad! I don't feel bad that my mother was drunk...I am pissed about that. I just want to smack her sometimes. I hope my brothers aren't all upset with me. It's about time they had to deal with it...I would gladly pass on the job of watching her.

I am so sorry to go on and on about this this morning......but I am sitting at my desk trying to get my head wrapped around work today and it isn't going well so far. I needed a place to vent.

lady_adnerb
05-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Jae: Great plan!! One day at a time..and baby steps! Glad you had a good Mother's Day!

Jane: I'm sorry you had to go through what you did! Your brothers have no reason to be ticked at you!

Well, I screwed up this weekend. A few pieces of pizza on Saturday and then a couple jelly beans, then baked beans and 2 buns on Sunday. ARGH! Well, I look at it this way---it could have been WAYYY worse (after the pizza I was ready to binge on junk). So today the weekend is over and I'm going to be back on track!! The thing that annoys me is...Saturday morning the scale was DOWN 2 pounds from my ticker. Now explain why I do that to myself all the time (mess things up and have to start over).

RobinW
05-14-2007, 10:48 AM
Good Morning

I hope everyone mom had a nice mothers day :)

Well, Im back op, and Im going to give it 100% effort! Ive gotten right out of hand, and its time to get the control back.

Yesterday we spent the day at niagara falls, it was a beautiful day...I took some pictures and they are in my blog if you want to have a look. Im not sure how much walking we did, but Im sure it wasnt enough to cancell out the supper we had a zebbs after :lol:

Brenda~ :wave:

Jane~ Im sorry to hear about your day yesterday, and I understand how the "boys" dont get it...they arent the care takers and expect the sisters and moms to carry the burden. In all honesty you lasted alot longer than I would have. My mil was very much like your mom, her and I had words many many times...my last words with her caused her to write my husband out of her will. Nice eh?! Lets just say I didnt like my mil, or how she treated her family. My advice would be to bite your tongue and leave as soon as you can.....I do wish I had in hindsight. But then again, Im not one to be walked on. I hope your feeling better about this :hug: Dont let it bother you too much.

Have a great op day ladies.

lilybelle
05-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Jae, WTG on having your plan all laid out. I too am refocusing (again) this morning.

Jane, sorry you had all that to deal with. Hugs. We can't choose our family, I tell myself that all the time. Hope this all blows over soon and she leaves you alone about it. It is so hard to see family being self-destructive or in denial. You have nothing to feel guilty about. Hopefully she'll sober up and feel some of that guilt.

Brenda, it doesn't sound like you did too awfully bad. I went over a little this weekend too. But, today is a brand new day and the chance to get it right. I also had 2 slices of pizza on Sat. (DD's Birthday) and a cupcake. Could have been worse. Before, I'd have eaten half a pizza and several cupcakes. This is life and special occasions are going to happen. Even having more control than we previously would have is a Victory.

Hi Robin, Niagara Falls that sounds like a wonderful day.

jaesueray
05-15-2007, 06:00 AM
Morning to my girlies!!

I did 98% on plan yesterday....and i accept that, for today.

Had a difficult meeting yesterday with my boss and one of my employees, she threatened to retire last week. she has always been difficult to work with and it was a lesson in politics to witness how my boss interacted with her. being a supervisor for the past year has been a lesson in all types of interactions. it has been very good for me in lots of ways to learn how to confront people, how to logically solve problems, how to organize, and i am still learning....

jane - for my coleslaw i make a dressing out of mustard, mayo, apple cider vinegar and splenda. its very good. I had a alcoholic father so i know what you mean. my whole life i felt like i was the crazy one, when in fact everyone else was living in a false world of lies, justification and pain. that being said, i had to finally detach myself from them so they couldnt hurt me anymore, they are what they are and i am living a wonderful life full of love and peace.

ladya - dont be too hard on yourself, you realized it before it got totally out of control. yay on the two pounds!

robin - a fresh start is a great place to begin, i do it every day:D nigara falls must have been wonderful!

lillybelle - i like what you said "Even having more control than we previously would have is a Victory" it is so true. this is a journey we have undertaken and success often comes in small steps...

Have a great day all!!!

Jae:hug: :hug:

Nikki128
05-15-2007, 08:00 AM
Morning everyone-

I lost you yesterday. I forgot it was new thread day lol. I'm still doing pretty good on induction and seeing a loss but TOM should be here any minute. So I am not watching the scale to much.

I have a scale question I got 2 reaings from my scale today. I was weighing where I normally do and for some reason the lighting was off and I was having a hard time seeing the reading. So I moved the scale into the hall. The hall is a solid tile floor whereas my room < my normal weighing spot> has a soft stick tile. Anyway on the solid tile the scale had a different reading. Which would you consider more accurate?

Nikki

beach bum
05-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Just a short note to let you know I'm still here,but we're having so many problems with is vista. I couldn't get into the 3 Fat Chicks site, yesterday. It would crash all day long.I'm surprised that I got into it this morning. Our Mac was suppose to be yesterday,but now the man in the store told us that Fed Ex should arrive today.

Hope to post to you gals regularly by Wednesday Morning.Until than take care,

Hugs :) BB

jane8760
05-15-2007, 08:53 AM
Good morning

Nikki: I am sorry but I have to laugh. I have this vision of us weighing ourselves with one hand behind our back then the left foot up just so we can get the reading we want. I am known to hold onto the side of the counter until the scale says what I want....then I let go! :D

But seriously.....why don't you just wait and weigh yourself tomorrow if that would make you feel better. My old scale HATED to be moved. My new digital scale isn't very nice to me either!

Thank you all for your support yesterday. I really appreciate it. I got the cold shoulder from my mom yesterday...no phone call. I did see her number on my caller id yesterday at around 4:30....she knows I am not home. She was probably going to leave me a nastygram! LOL.....well we shall see what today brings. But I am holding firm. I did nothing wrong. She is the one that should be embarassed not me. If my brothers choose to be peeved that I started something then so be it.
I really wished the stork had a better navigation system when he dropped me off!

Doing great on program. The only thing different this time around is a bit of fruit. We shall see what my weigh in says on Friday....with one hand tied behind my back and my watch off and my charm bracelet off and..........

jane8760
05-15-2007, 08:56 AM
BB: you were posting at the same time as me! My DH and I recently had a new computer built and the guy who did it for us set it up with XP but gave us a coupon for $100 off Vista when we wanted to get it....but he said "please don't get it" Had to laugh.

lilybelle
05-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Nikki, I try to keep my scale in the same spot, on hard tile. But, if mine reads unusually low, I'll sometimes notice that my feet weren't properly on it, Dang it.

BB, sorry about the computer mess up. Hope it's fixed quickly.

jane, Yep that stork dropped me at the wrong house too. LOL.

I worked 3 hrs. yesterday weeding my garden with a hoe. My back and shoulders and thighs are now sore. That is definitely some hard work. My plants all looking great and I can't wait to have fresh veggies. OMG, my squash made tons, we'll be eating squash everyday.

Nikki128
05-15-2007, 11:54 AM
Thanks lily. Its not exceptionally low but showing a 2 lb loss. It is possible. I will weigh tomorow for my offical weekly weigh in.

Nikki

Puncezilla
05-15-2007, 12:55 PM
My scale doesn't like to be moved either if I pick it up and put it back down in the very same spot I will get a different reading (as much as 4-5lbs) and it is a brand new digital, and not a realy cheap one either.

I'm getting realy frusterated as my scale has not move in over a week I realy dont get it. I havent been great with the water, but still would expect to see something. I still have so much to lose it's hard not to get depressed and give up.

RobinW
05-15-2007, 06:16 PM
Alright, well Im here. It has been a really really poopy day! I wont retype it all, if your interested, its in my blog.

I will say tho, that the stress got to me yesterday, but of course Im still not back on track. Tomorrow is another day right? :crazy:

lilybelle
05-15-2007, 11:55 PM
Hi Robin, sorry you've had a bad day. Hope tomorrow is a lot better for you.

jaesueray
05-16-2007, 05:59 AM
Morning all!!

Still not 100 per cent on plan but i ate very healthy for 98% of the day.Brekfast was a leftover pork chop, lunch was okra, coleslaw and chicken breast, dinner was fish and dreamfields mac and cheese. we wont mention the cookies i had later, but all in all a pretty good day.
went by the groc store on the way home to pick up my fish. i find that i like to get fish when i hungry for it rather than buy it frozen. i got some plain full fat yogourt to strain for yocheese, it getting warm here most mornings so i wanted something cold for brekfast. think i will blend up a brekfast shake for this morning tho, i got some egg beaters to use in my shakes to add protein, wasnt sure about the raw egg thing.

Niki - i would go with my normal weighing spot, just for consistancy sake.

BBum - glad you could log back in here today, its so frustrating when things go wrong with the computer!

jane - so sorry for what you are going thru with your mom, dont let them upset you, they were wrong, not you!:hug:

lillybelle - i soooo jealous that you are already getting squash! so cool. my garden is going to be the bomb too, everything is growing like a foot a day it seems...

punce - i know how it feels...but dont get depressed, i try to remember how much better i feel and let that be my victory for the moment...but i know its hard, hang in there!

robin - glad you are here! sharing with the group always makes me feel better and gets me back on track:hug:

Have a great day all!!!!

Jae

jane8760
05-16-2007, 08:16 AM
Morning all!

I can't believe I ate the whole thing!!!!!!!!!! DH and I had to go to sign the papers for a remortgage on condo and he decides that after we would go out to eat. He picks an italian restaurant. I like the salad and LOVE the chicken parm. I can deal with no pasta...but bread is hard. But believe it or not I didn't have a single piece of bread! :carrot: But I ate both pieces of chicken! *faint* The only bad part was the breading....but I suppose I could have done worse. I must have been hungry because I ate both pieces...usually I bring half home.

Today for lunch I brought a piece of grilled chicken with sliced tomato and some cheese on top. I will put it in the toaster oven at work to melt the cheese. Sounds like a repeat of last night! LOL Dinner will probably be a salad. I have a lot to do tonight. My SIL asked me to embroider the names of her latest 2 granchildren on the family christening dress. This always freaks me out...what if I make a mistake! I didn't keep the design I did for her first granchild so I have to start from scratch. I figure this will take me all night so DH is on his own for dinner.

I am seeing a difference already...my rings fit better. Eating 2 pieces of chicken parm last night will not help the scale this week I am noticing other non scale changes.

Have a great day all.
Jane

Nikki128
05-16-2007, 08:19 AM
Jane- Good for you on noticing what makes you lose/ gain and noticing nsv.

I am just finishing week 1 of induction< atkins>. I lost 2 this week. I am kind of disappointed because yesterday the scale showed a 4 lb loss. I am due for my TOM any minute though. I also had whi cream instead of a tny amount of coolwhip on my sf jello last night.I think that might have affected my weight to. I only eat the jello coolwhip thing about 1 time a week.

Nikki

jane8760
05-16-2007, 08:24 AM
Nikki: If there is one thing I have learned through all of this is that scale can mess with your head if you let it. If you had a 4 pound loss yesterday then you probably HAD A 4 POUND LOSS. The 2 up today could be from anything. I can weigh myself before I get in the shower and be down....get out of the shower and I am up. What....did my body absorb the water and cause me to gain?

When I did Atkins a couple of years ago and did the induction I only lost 2 pounds. I was disappointed too. But after that I consistently lost.
I am hoping my "modified" version will work this time too.

beach bum
05-16-2007, 08:35 AM
Hi Ladies:)

Still have the old vista and hope I don't crash while typing this post. We now suppose to get our Mac tomorrow. Manger at the store told us he forgot to send our order in.

Well,other than computer problems,gained what I loss on the egg diet. I don't know where I heading for with low carbing.Its so frustrating when you do everything RIGHT and have nothing to show for it.Not going to change my ticker until Saturday W-I ,as I have 3 more days to lose something of what I gained.

Going back to the induction as see what happens. Where can a get a good and reliable carb counter??????????? I don't understand the Atkins one,with .4 or .5c in the amount column.

Didn't have a change to read all the post, but whoever lost this week BIG CONGRATS:congrat: and whoever gained all I can give you is my Cyper :hug: Hugs.

lady_adnerb
05-16-2007, 10:16 AM
I can't type much today. Arm is bothering me again. I'm SO sick of this! I'm eating OP, WI sucked (but expected it), I've got to drink more water, exercise and STAY OP during the weekends. Other than that. Nothing new here. :hug: to you all

lilybelle
05-16-2007, 12:28 PM
Hi everyone.

Not much new around here. Storms continue and I need to get the grass mowed again.

I'm staying on plan with my food and exercise. Wt. is consistent with 1 lb. over goal. This last lb. is sure stubborn and doesn't want to leave.

pacemomof4
05-16-2007, 06:19 PM
Hey all!!! My mom is here from Texas and we have been busy, busy. I have not been sticking with plan at all. I haven't gained, but haven't lost either. Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I haven't been online in almost 2 wks!! I hope everyone had a great Mothers day!!!! Take care and I will talk to you all soon. Have a great weekend!!!! *hugs* -Paula

RobinW
05-16-2007, 07:46 PM
:wave: not 100% but Im not ashamed of my eating either. Been at the store all day tearing up moldy carpet :( We first thought a month would be enough time to get ready, well we are running out of May very quick :lol:

lilybelle
05-17-2007, 02:05 AM
Hi Paula, glad you could check in.

Robin, sorry to hear you are having such a stressful time.

I worked my butt off this evening mowing and cleaning the yard. (Dang dogs love to tear stuff up, LOL).

BB, hope you get your new computer soon.

Brenda, Hi and I hope your arm feels better soon.

jaesueray
05-17-2007, 05:34 AM
Hey all!

We finally got some rain!:carrot: :carrot: and its nice and cool this morning.

There was a big cook out and pic nic at work...we wont talk about what i ate, so im just moving on....

I went online and had a box of goodies sent to my daughter, it was her first mothers day and i wanted to get her something special. i got her a bracelet with a cameo charm with a mother and baby on it, so cute. i also got her a couple sets of mixing bowls, she mixes cakes in her dutch oven, lol.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

beach bum
05-17-2007, 08:28 AM
Hi Ladies :)

Sorry I to make this fast as the choir is singing for the Ascension Thursday 9 AM Mass at church. Still waiting for our new computer. Should be delivered to the shop today. Thanks for all your encouragement that those pounds will be off again. You're wishes came true, I dropped the two this morning. Hope that I drop some more,by W-I.

Hope to see you guys soon with my new Mac. computer.

RobinW
05-17-2007, 09:23 AM
hubby spent an hour last night over at the store with bleach, spritzing all the mold on the floor. Hopefully today we will see a huge improvement.

I'll try to check in later today.

jane8760
05-17-2007, 10:15 AM
Good morning.....

Seeing more non-scale victories! I put on a shirt this morning that I was unable to button a while back...felt good! Scale is still moving slowly but I don't mind. Tomorrow is weigh in. I won't be around tomorrow though to report. I am going to a scrapbook convention in NH with my best friend. We do this every year. We have a blast. We get to the convention around 11.....do a once around of the vendors...then another go round to buy....then maybe one more time to go to a specific booth. Then we go to Chili's for lunch and margarita's! :cheers:

Feeling wicked tired this morning...didn't sleep well. Have to go shopping tonight for a wedding shower gift for this weekend then home....DH is out at a meeting tonight so I can relax when I get home. Hopefully I get some sleep....will need it for tomorrow!

Robin: I am probably late coming in on this story...but....what store? Are you opening your own business?

BB: Wow 2 pounds! Awesome. :cheer:

Jae: What a nice mom...maybe the stork was supposed to drop me at YOUR house!

:wave: to all

lilybelle
05-17-2007, 12:16 PM
Hi ladies,

Robin, I hope the bleach helps the floors.

Jane, WTG on the NSV and have fun at the convention.

Jae, that was so thoughtful of you doing something special for your DD's very first Mother's Day. I'll have to remember that when my DD has her first Mothers Day.

BB, Hi.

My plan for today is to weed my flower beds and around all the hedges. Plus a tiny bit of mowing left to do.

Puncezilla
05-17-2007, 12:58 PM
Paula, Hi Glad your having a good time with your mom, and don't feel bad about going Off plan, at least your not gaining and will be able to get right back on track when shes gone.

Jane , :cloud9: gotta love those nsv's. The scap book covention sounds like fun (as do the margaritas). I wonder if its posible to make a low carb margarita? that would be awesome. Have a great time!

Jae, Way to go moving on, no need to dwell on any little oops's.
Verry sweet of you to send your DD a package for her first mothers day.

Hi BB, Hope you get your new computor soon. I think I will buy a mac next time too.

Brenda, Hope you feel better soon, Everything sucks when you dont feel well.:hug:

Robin, Good luck with your new store, It sounds like it's keeping you extra buisy.

Lily, Your yard must be very nice, with all the work you have been putting into it. Do you have a very large yard?

:yay: Well it finaly happened, the scale moved. After almost two weeks of nothing, yesterday it drops 3 lbs over night. I thought it might be wrong so I wieghed myself again this morning and it stayed down. So now I'm only 6 lbs away from being under 200. I will have to find a good way to celebrate when I reach 195 which is sort of a mini goal for me.

I hope you all have a great day!

lilybelle
05-17-2007, 01:51 PM
Puncezilla, WTG on the 3 lbs. that is awesome.

We do have 1.5 acres that we mow and a 35 acre pasture that my DH brushhogs. I do most all the yard upkeep. DH works too much to expect him to keep it done. I love to garden and plant flowers and hedges. Since I stay at home all the time it gives me stuff to do outdoors. DH usually does the weedeating. I have some little 80 yr. old neighbors and they keep their yard so beautiful. I figure if they can get out there and do it, so can I. LOL, I don't want to look like a slacker.

Puncezilla
05-17-2007, 03:14 PM
Wow Lily you realy do have a big yard! Right now I live in the city But I would love to move onto an acherage someday. I grew up on a farm. I also love gardening I have Quite a few perenials, but I have to do my yard work little bits at a time becouse it hurts my hands (I get excema) even with gloves.
But nothing tasts as good as homegrown veggies.

RobinW
05-17-2007, 05:27 PM
BB~ yup, we have been running our business for the last 4 yrs from our house. But we are now running out of house :lol: The store is literally right around the corner. Its time to move into a seperate space. Ive got pictures and happenings posted in my blog if you want to go take a look.

Ive spent all afternoon, on my hands and knees with a scrub brush, bleach and detergent scrubbing the back room. I must say, it looks 80% better!!! Only 80% because I can still see some spots that are really bad, but no matter what I do, they just wont come up. So......thats as good as its going to get. I gave everything one more spritz of bleach, I'll let it dry, then I'll get the vacuum out and get up everything I managed to scrub loose and didnt get picked up with the rag. Then we should be ready to paint the floor.

Eating....isnt 100%, but its not too bad. Im getting plenty of activity tho!

lilybelle
05-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Robin, I use Mean Green (from the dollar store) on my floors. It works great. Plus, it's cheap. A lot of people swear by Oxyclean, but I didn't have as good of luck with it.

I spent another 3 hrs. outside today in my garden and mowing the rest of my yard. We have had so much rain that the weeds take over really quickly. My hands are sore from pulling all those sticky-type weeds from along the garden fence. I don't know where I put my gardening gloves. Uggggh.. It seems like my hoe has became my life partner at least through this garden season. LOL. I noticed that my thighs are again sore from doing so much bending.

RobinW
05-17-2007, 10:21 PM
Thanks Lily, but these arent floors to be saved. They are very very old hardwood, with water damage and glue left on the floor.......they are a mess. But I can stand them now :lol:

coffeeaddict
05-18-2007, 02:27 AM
hey everyone I hope you don't mind if I join the conversations.
nikki128: I live in an old house the the floors aren't level any where I weigh myself in 4 different directions and average it it can be up to 10lbs different in any direction. But I agree you have to go with the original place to get an accurate account if you move it you don't know what the scale would have said a month ago in that same spot.
Prunce: I got stuck for over 3 weeks at about 20 lbs it really sucked to but you must be persistant and find your motivation.

jaesueray
05-18-2007, 05:42 AM
Morning all!! TGIF....

I am so ready for the weekend....although i may do a quick in and out at work on sat..my people are working a short shift and i always like to put in an appearance.

My cats are so funny....just looking at them sprawled out on the floor makes me laugh:)

Did good with my food yesterday...and my water...feeling good about that!

Have a good day all!!

jane8760
05-18-2007, 08:46 AM
Good morning all....don't have much time...on my way to the scrapbook convention! YIPPEEE

But wanted to report...down to 182.4 WOOOHOOOO:carrot:

Have a great day all. :wave:

jabunney
05-18-2007, 09:08 AM
Hello I am new to this and thought that I would try to add a message here to. My name is Jamie and I have just started or shall I say restarted this Low carb living again Sunday May 13th Today is Friday, and I have lost 10.6 lbs *(GOSH)* that is awesome for me! BUT let me say, before I started this again i had been on a round of Prednizone and gained a bit real quick after some allergic reaction that I had. I know that this isn't going to continue at this pace but man RIGHT NOW, I am feeling a bit on the giddy side but scared to! I haven't cheated yet this week, well that is not true I had a little alcohol the other night but I still lost so hopefully I am staying on the right track! I would love to make new friends so please feel free to message me or whatever you do on here while I try and figure this all out!!!

Thanks guys!
Jamie :)

Puncezilla
05-18-2007, 12:49 PM
Hi Wendy, Thanks for the encouragement. And welcome to our chat.:D

Jae, I have cats too, they are so cute and goofy they always make me smile.
Way to go with the food and water.

Jane, congrats on the loss. Have a nice time.

Welcome Jamie, :wave: 10.6 lbs is awesome! It will likely slow down a little after the first week or so, but it sounds like you are on the right track. Keep posting and let us know how things go, we have a wonderful supportive group here.

Arkansas Kel
05-18-2007, 01:23 PM
HEY, good to see new faces. Great health to you all!

I am making a "prodigal dieter" return. Lost nearly 30 lbs - yee haw - went off program from about 3 weeks. Life just got in the way and I lost my resolve. Was sick with pneumonia for 2 of them. DH had old friend in from Iraq - so much eating out between hacking fits. DH's terminally ill uncle and more family in - so seeing them between class and work. Chemistry final - did I mention I got an A in my class on top of all this? Working as a med surg nurse between hacking fits, visits and class. And so much more.

Now, the dust has settled, my tomato plants I've paid almost no attention to have little buds of tomatoes popping out, my coughing has subsided, family and friends have gone on to their next stops, and I've put 11 lbs back on!

OK, Back OP now. I did it yesterday. I'm doing it today. Dropped 1 lb and got my hair cut. I have a lot of hair, so maybe partly hair wt dropped - haha.
Thought the hair cut would boost me up some. Needed the boost.

I am doing a net 20 carbs per day for now. I want the 10 lbs to go and get back to where I left off. Maybe after that I will re-evaluate. So I have a "minigoal" of 206 set. I'm not resetting my ticker. I want to keep it to remind me for now!

lilybelle
05-18-2007, 01:27 PM
Hi everyone and welcome to our chat.

I am finally back below my wt. goal. Yippee. I'll remember how hard that extra 5 lbs. was to take off, next time I want to cheat. LOL.

Jamie, big Congrat' on the 10.6 lbs. WTG. I definitely know how Prednisone can really cause wt. gain. I'm still on it and have been on it for 4 yrs. (gained 50 lbs. during the first 3 yrs. and I finally took the wt. off). Low carb is really the only way to lose wt. when on that dang med. I will be on prednisone for the rest of my liver due to my liver disease. Yuck.

Jae, I had to laugh at your cats. Our cat likes to play hide and seek in the rows of my garden. He is so funny.

Robin, I'm glad you are getting those floors more manageable.

beach bum
05-18-2007, 02:01 PM

I 'm UP,on our new Mac Computer. Gee!! what a difference from Microsoft Internet Explorer. The mini mac is as bigs as a child's lunch box,with lots to learn,but I think its worth having it,instead of the :devil: VISTA:devil:

Went on the scale this morning and :carrot:Maintained :carrot: after losing the two pounds on Wed. Have some kind of infection in my digestion tact. Take the new Dannon Activiva yogurt that they are advertising on the T.V.Hope it works.

Puncezilla=Computer:comp:is up,I'm I glad that I can correspond with you guys again. Big congrats:cheer: on your 3 lb weight loss That awesome.You'll be down in now time.

Jane=Congrats :cheers:on your weight loss also.

Wow!!! Lots of loses this week. Hope we all have a great next week. Have a great weekend ladies

jabunney
05-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Man today I am feeling kinda crappy after my high of loosing the 10.6lbs
I haven't cheated or anything I am just super dooper tired, and just feeling like I can't do any work this afternoon here at work. Thank goodness it is FRIDAY, I think I am going to try and take a nap, when I get home although my son is going on a date, and I offically feel OLD... Anywho... thanks for all the posts and I gues the recognition, makes me feel loved...

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, and I might be on later...

Ta ta for now...:dust:

lilybelle
05-18-2007, 04:00 PM
BB, so glad to see you have your computer back up.

jabunny, hope you get to feeling better. My son just turned 21, that sure made me feel old.

Arkansas Kel
05-18-2007, 06:11 PM
Still OP so far. I got some bad fatigue going on though. Was supposed to go see my granny today - didn't. Needed to do laundry today. I didn't. I think my arthritis is flared up - my allergies just finished. Either can cause the fatigue. I don't usually have it with my low carbing. It's bad though. Well, gotta get my dragging tail to work for the night.

Arkie Kel

beach bum
05-19-2007, 08:36 AM
Good Morning ladies:)

Its feels great being able to post again. Feeling a lot better than I have this past week with the low tact infection.

Going to bake some Atkins Revolution Rolls and muffins that I found on a low carb web site. Need something sweet for breakfast instead of egg every morning. The weather is the greatest rain & dampness all weekend so I going to rest by relaxing by the fire and reading a good book.

Jamie-I must of miss your post with all the computer:comp: problems I had. Welcome :welcome2: to the thread and Atkins web site. Big congrats :cheers:on your 10.7 weight loss that a awesome loss. you really started low carbing on Mothers Day, that fantastic ,I would have waited until the next day.You lost a lot of weight the body needs are rest.Try to take it easy over this weekend and do rest,if you feel tired.

CoffeeAddict-Welcome :welcome3: to board,Gee I missed a lot when off the :comp: computer. I know about scales not being balanced,as I went though a lot of them from dial to diginal and now we have a waist high doctor scale and thats the most accurate.

Kel-Congrats on the 30 lbs and I'm :sorry: sorry to hear you had pneumonia,that will take a tole out of you. Now that your back OP I sure you'll lost the 10 pounds where you left off. If fatigue is setting in the best thing is to rest over this weekend.

Lily-Happy to hear that you reached you goal again. You are my inspiration,you did so well on this low carbing. I know that last 20 lbs are hard to lose also. Somehow life always get in the way and and the diet is blown.In my case it was my 40th Wedding Anniversary Cruise to Hawaii cost me a 10 weight gain.Lost 9 of it,now I'm working my way down to goal. Need :dust:

Have a great day

Arkansas Kel
05-19-2007, 10:10 AM
Had a crazy bad night. Only a person working a geriatric psych unit could grasp the extent. We had two extreme geriatric psych patients that ran us ragged, and I don't work on Geri Psych! Had one throwing urinals and more at us. To make a long story short, in spite of his best efforts I came home urine free. In spite of it all, I did stay OP! That was some bad stress. I was really ready for a good case of "I deserve it syndrome." Beyond flying urine and being cursed, what more would it take to deserve the hershey bar from the snack machine? Well, I resisted. I did it. I came home OP and free of urine (and without hitting anyone!).

Glad to see everyone doing well.

Puncezilla
05-19-2007, 12:43 PM
BB, Good to see you'r up and running on the internet again, I'ts damp and rainy here too, makes me want to go back to bed. Enjoy you'r relaxing weekend.

Kel, Great job staying OP with all that stress.

I'm still op. Had a dream that I was eating chocolate and cupcakes.:hun:
I hope everyone else is having a good weekend.

nasus40
05-19-2007, 02:16 PM
Kel worked in a dementia unit and I sure do understand where you are coming from. Had the thrown urinals and pinches and bruises where they should not be. Good job avoiding the give in to the stress.

Hello again to all (been gone for quite a time here,) but am going to be back full time for a short time till I get back to work. and back full time into the diet. (I do PPLP wich is similar to atkins) Most of you I do not remember and a few of you I do. So starting diet slowly and just jumping in with the posting and exercise.

RobinW
05-19-2007, 02:25 PM
:wave: Hiya Sue, welcome back :)

lilybelle
05-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Hi everyone. Kel and Sue it's good to see the two of you back with us.

Well, we made it through SD's graduation last night and DH's XW behaved herself, so all went well.

I'm feeling really sluggish, so I'm off to take a quick nap.

jabunney
05-21-2007, 08:29 AM
Well,
After my 10.6 lbs lost I gained 1.6 over the weekend and I don't even know how except that I didn't drink as much water as I do at work. We were super busy and i didn't cheat not even once, we got pizza for the kids, and I took the toppings off like I have normally done and put it on a salad, and another thng I am having a harder time getting into ketosis??? Bought the strips and it is just pink I used to be able to get it dark dark... So today, I am eating eggs and trying to get back to what I did when I did this a few years ago. I had a few more sodas, *(diet)* then I would have this weekend so maybe that is it... Does anyone know if your vitamins might cause you not to get into ketosis??? I forgot to take those on Sunday to.

Oh well I am done ranting... I am not giving up, Hope everyone had an AWESOME weekend!!! :hug:

jabunney
05-21-2007, 08:40 AM
Hey BB thanks for the advise, I didn't get on the computer at all this weekend and just saw your post. I should have read it earlier... I was just weird feeling yesterday, Tired and just sluggish not knowing what was wrong with me. And then I gained 1.6 lbs back! I didn't cheat at all... I am still here and tooting along though just really tired this morning and frustrated. I knew it was going to slow down but I didn't want to gain, and I can't seem to really get into ketosis for some reason. I bought those strips and can't get them dark red like I have a few years ago when I was on this... Any suggestions :?:

beach bum
05-21-2007, 12:32 PM

The sun is shining,and we are going to take advantage,as we haven't seen the sun since Thursday, by doing some walking before we go to Wal-Marts.

This is the 2ns week that I'm on Fosamax and no problems[side effect].So I guess I will stay with this medicine.

Jamie-I wish I could give you advice about the Ketos strips as I don't use them.Maybe you eating hidden carbs,and not even know it, That caused you to gain,that happens to me a lots of times.Heres a hidden carb calculator web site that you could use.
http://www.lowcarb.ca/recipes.html. Hope that helps.

Puncizilla-It rained all weekend and finally we saw the sun. Have to get use to this new Mac, comparing to the PC theres so much to learn.

Have a great day

jabunney
05-21-2007, 01:13 PM
I am thinking that since I started this that I have never eaten so much and still lost weight ever in my life... I think that the sugar free candy with the 3 net carbs might have done it or that I didn't eat very much this weekend, or drank my water... I will see tomorrow when I do my *BN* (bare naked) weigh in. Only do it in the mornings :) But also I read in my book no more then 3 cups of salad a day!!! Might be it to that is all I had this weekend... Hope everyone is doing well not to many people online this morning... Thanks BB for the link I am checking it out now... tata for now!
Jamie :dust: :grouphug:

Puncezilla
05-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Hi Jamie, sorry about your gain , I'm sure it will be gone again right away. probably a combination of the lack of water and the artificial sweeteners. I don't know about the strips either, I'v never used them.

Hi BB, Glad you are doing well on the Fosamax.

Hi everyone else Have a good day!

Does anyone use flax meal or ground flax? I bought some and the bag says, 4gr of fiber, 4gr of carbs per 2 tbs, so no net carbs right? but when I put it in fitday it says 27carbs , 11 gr fiber for 1/2 cup. ? Am I missing something? Should I go with the bag or fitday? Any help would be apreciated.

lilybelle
05-21-2007, 04:46 PM
jabunney, I found that the SF candy would cause me to stall or gain when I was doing Atkins, even though the package shows very few carbs.

I went and checked my garden and now I have little tomatoes on my plants. Yippee. I can see that I am having rewards now for all my hard work. Plus, tons of baby squash and everything is so bloomed out.

My eating wasn't perfect this weekend, but I got in lots of outdoor activity/exercise and my wt. held steady at 144 lbs. So , I'm happy.

nasus40
05-21-2007, 04:56 PM
I have used flax meal and well I go by the bag. I only use a few tsp at a time so even if there were more carbs i would consider them good carbs as it is all fiber.

Jamie Weight gain can be caused by many things including lack of water the body senses a drought and holds on to the water hard and thus causing a gain. if 1 gallon of water is 7 lbs then 8 oz is almost 1 lb. so think of that. Think of the fact that you also have not eaten much and the body will hold on weight if it senses not enough calories. what about TOM???

I too am a scale fanatic but I refuse to be ruled by the scale. Since kicking the exercise up a few notches (although I have not been eating good I have not been that bad) I have gained 6 lbs. (in about 2 weeks) BUT I am not complaining as I have gained muscle. I just have not lost the fat to go with it. if i was exercising and watching the food i would have seen a smaller gain but a gain the same.

nasus40
05-21-2007, 05:32 PM
I know I could have edited the last post but I am so excited that I needed to start a new one. I am starting a new job the 4th. Yes i am a bit scared but more scared of not working. I do hope that these next two weeks will get me into the groove that I do not do what I did last time. I will have to try hard to keep OP most of the time (I will be on the road all the time) and must keep the exercise up, I know they have YM's at Syracuse so If I have to visit one on my lunch I can do that. I do preferr to do it early in the morning and not have to worry if I have my shampoo/conditioner or clean undies.

lilybelle
05-22-2007, 12:30 AM
Nasus, congrat's on the new job. I hope you love it.

Tonite, I finally got back on the elliptical after I did my gardening. My thighs are sore now. LOL.

RobinW
05-22-2007, 08:45 AM
Congratulations Sue!! What are you going to be doing in your new job?

Arkansas Kel
05-22-2007, 09:20 AM
Congrats NASUS - new jobs are exciting. Could use that myself.

Go Lilly - I'm jealous - I want an eliptical trainer!

For the "why is my wt going up" question - could be if you started to exercise more you put on muscle. Could be you haven't had a Bowel movement in awhile (who said that - that's gross). Could be you weighed at a different time of day - I do same time of day every time - naked first thing in the afternoon (when I get up) after I pee. Heck, I even get my contacts in to keep from weighing my glasses. (Is that obsessive?)

I've also found if I eat too much low carb junk food (sugar free goodies and such) my wt stalls sometimes. And at that time of month sometimes I go up instead of down but quickly drop after "Aunt Gertie" goes home again.

I saw on Regis and Kelly where Kelly said she weighs naked - only after she pees - and then pops off her pony tail holder - doesn't want the added wt of a pony tail holder! HA - and she's skinny!

Still OP, got OP plans for this week! Gotta go - starting my time off for the week. Got some R&R to hurry up and get started :)

beach bum
05-22-2007, 09:23 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Nothing new on the Cape,just going to hang around and get my laundry washed.Its one of those lazy days for me. Don't know why,unless its for the lack of sleep for a couple of nights thats bringing in this melancholy mood.

Jamie-I hope you had a good W-I today.You're welcome, where ever I can help,as we all in this boat together. I eating more veggies that 3 cups a day. That the only thing I have besides protein for all three meals.

Punezilla-I use flax meal for recipes for pancakes, pizza crusts and when ever a recipe call for flour.The recipes call for no more than 1/2 c.as the recipes are from the low carb recipe boards.I'd go by the bag,the flaxmeal I use is Bob Redmill Products.Thanks I 'm glad as the other medicine I had terrible heart burn,that I had to stop taking it.

Lily-Thats great about your tomato plants. I still have to wait until the beginning of June before I can think about putting my plants in the ground. Up here in Cape Cod we still could get frost.

Nasus-Congrats on your new job,and sending you :dust: that your traveling won't hurt your weight loss success.

Have to go, have a great morning

jabunney
05-22-2007, 09:42 AM
Well first off Congratulations Nasus on the new job! I just started one but still looking for a better one as I just setteled for the first one so I could still have money coming in. Anywho...

Ok Found out why I might have gained, as one person put it Ms. Gertie came to visit, late yesterday... AGAIN, but today I am down 1.4 so I am happy still can't seem to get the strips dark but I am cutting out the SF candy. *(boo hoo)* That seemed to be my saving grace. Now I have a ruber band on my wrist and pop it when I want some candy... *(that's obsesive)sp??

Also last night made some of these, parmasean crackers, oh man were they good with some homemade guacamole... Had about 3 TBLS but man it was good with the crunch!

Well time for work, already today I have had 1 bite of my chicken salad that I made for lunch, 5:30 am, my "diet orange soda", currentyly, and my eggs with sausage, and cheese at 8:15. Going to fill my 2 liter jug of water up and see if I can down 2 of those again today... Yesterday that was 4 liters of just water plus crystal lite, and a couple "diet soda" I drink a lot!!! :o

:s:Well hats off to you guys, hope that each and everyone of you have a GREAT day! Look forward to reading many posts today! :dizzy:

Jamie :wave:

jane8760
05-22-2007, 12:07 PM
Hi everyone...sorry I didn't get a chance to post anything yesterday...busy at work.

And speaking of work...very long story won't post it all.......but this job really bites and I like what I do :( New supervisor.....same old jerk....new manager....same old lies.

So.....even under this stress yesterday I wasn't too bad. Went to the vending machine and was all set to get some chips...but bought peanuts instead...very proud of me. BUT when I got home last night I had a nice salad with chicken....and suddenly I was alone in the kitchen doing the dishes when I started eating everything in site! A weight watchers chocolate cake and some backed chips! *faint* what was that all about!

Today back on track....find that I am eating constantly in the am. After lunch I could care less...in fact most days lately I don't want lunch. Strange.

Jamie: Don't worry...we all have those ups and downs. When I first did Atkins I couldn't get into ketosis no matter how good I was. But I still lost 30 pounds.

BB: Everytime you post I am jeleous...you are down the Cape. I am in MA also. My parents had a home in Pocasset when I was little. I have fond memories of it. Congrats on the new computer and welcome back!

Kel: I am laughing at the Regis and Kelly thing...I too tend to take off everything I possibly can....watch, bracelet...you name it!

lilybelle: Oh I am jeleous of the elliptical too.....we almost got one this year. But the tax return wasn't as big as we hoped. So I hoof it outdoors!

:wave: to all...back to work I go

lilybelle
05-22-2007, 12:09 PM
My wt. really can fluctuate quite a lot if I eat anything salty. I bounce between 142-147 and I don't worry much if I stay in that range. It seems to be where my natural wt. range is at.

Last night I went to Walmart and bought stakes for my tomato plants and put them in the ground. I planted a row of okra and got my strawberry patch ready to plant. I bought Cantaloupe to plant but need to first pull my potatoes to have enough room. Next yr. I will expand the size of my garden as I'm finding that I really enjoy doing this and it gives me lots of exercise.

BB, I imagine it's still a lot cooler where you are at. We are mostly 90 degree temps now. So, it's great time to plant the warmer weather stuff.

I am managing to stay OP now, which is good.

jane, you just reminded me to call my tax lady. I talked with IRS the other day and they claim they never got my tax form. I was due a small refund. This makes 3 consecutive yrs. that they say they didn't get my tax form. I'm beginning to think it's the tax preparer's fault as she E-files it everytime. Then I end up refiling it and get my refund in Oct. or Nov. each yr. DH and I file separately and there has never been a problem with his not getting there on time. It's a conspiracy, I just know it is. LOL.

jabunney
05-23-2007, 12:29 PM
:dizzy: Good morning.. Almost afternoon...
Well today I am down only .4 but I was bad last night. I had a little *(not so little) to drink about 4 of these new Mike's Cranberry hard lemonaid, Lite... I had never seen the lite before and they were yummy and then I realized that I had 4 of them... Oh well.
So I went to the DR yesterday and my doctor is checking my thyroid, and I had thought I felt a lump in my left boob and Dr confirmed, so I am kinda scared. I went to the extreme last night and just kept thinking the worst. My poor boyfriend... Anyway trying not to get to worked up about it again and just deal with it as it comes...:?:

Well hope all of you have a Fabo day!
jamie:p

beach bum
05-23-2007, 01:20 PM

Didn't have a chance to post this morning as I was watching the 2 final episodes of 24. On the web.

Its Wednesday and W-I is only two day away,don't know if I going to lose as the scale it upward with morning.

Jamie-Does the rubber band around your writing working. I need to something to stop my mindless eating,that not in my journal. Happy :)the scale is moving down SAD:( to hear about your lump.Hope that everything will work out.

Jane-Sorry:sorry: to hear about the sabotage in the kitchen. I find if I don't eat even protein I start eating everything in sight also.Started have 4 0z of protein[meats,chicken & fish] but now I find that I have to up the oz to 6-8 in oder to be satisfied. We love:love: the Cape,thats why we retired up here. I'm originally from NY.,and every time I go down to visit with my DD I 'm so happy:carrot: to see the Welcome to Cape Cod sign again.

Lily-Salt is my problem with weight gain also. My doctor to me we carve salt more than sweets :candy: being on a low carb diet. In two weeks we will get our tomato plants and I'm going to try to plant some herbs as well.

jabunney
05-23-2007, 02:43 PM
Hey there,
Good afternoon people!
Hey BB yes, the rubberband around my wrist seems to be working, I pop myself when I want a S/F candy, I still have eaten some but not like the whole bag anymore. Maybe like 3-4 pieces a day.

Jane, I can definately understand the kitchen thing, I have counted many a times doing that. I now have deviled eggs, homemade chicken salad, and lots of cheese in fridge, *(Thanks to my BF that went on a cheese ben for me... He bought me every kind of cheese available...

and Lily, the salt... Problem for me is I want sweets after the salty... Yummo!!! I don't know about that one...

No plans for dinner and that isn't good... I have no idea what to make. Oh well, Any suggestions?

Back to work for now!;)
ja

lilybelle
05-23-2007, 02:55 PM
Hi everyone, I cleared out 2 old flower beds that are at the back of my property to plant my strawberries and cantaloupes in. OMG, it was hard work. There was an old rock wall around the beds, that had crumbled. I know that I must have moved at least 200 lbs. of rocks. I was picking them up and throwing them in a pile about 20 feet away. It reminded me of my old high school days when I threw the shotput and discus. LOL. I pulled up tons of old flower buds and weeds. (even poison ivy, which I'm luckily not allergic to). I really overdid it. My arms, back and shoulders are so sore that I'm now taking ibuprofen to calm the muscle aches. I don't know why, but once I start a project, I don't want to stop til I'm done. Tonite, I plan to get the fruit planted, mow around the new garden area and then pick all those rocks up again and put them on a trailer for DH to haul off. By tomorrow, I'll probably be so sore that I won't be able to move for a few days. LOL.

My MIL was laughing at how much squash I planted. She said she usually only plants 4 squash plants and has plenty all summer. I planted 3 ROWS , so at least 75 plants. LOL, we are going to have squash with every meal. I'm going to give lots to my neighbors and send lots to work with DH to give to his co-workers. (Every single plant has 10-15 baby squash on it now, LOL). This is my first garden, so I didn't know how much to plant.

lady_adnerb
05-23-2007, 03:46 PM
Sorry I've been MIA. Arm is still the same--and new stuff (always) adding on top of that. So haven't been online. WI was good this morning but I'm afraid to change the ticker as I don't know if it'll STAY down this time. Been doing good eating wise--just not water (or exercise) wise. Other than that, I'm still around :wave: everyone!!!

Puncezilla
05-23-2007, 05:20 PM
Wow Lily, you are ambitious, just don't hurt yourself. 3 rows of squash should feed the whole nighborhood and then some.

Brenda , I noticed you have been MIA, Glad you are still here.

Jamie, Sorry to hear about your visit to the Dr, I hope everything will be OK. Good Idea with the rubber band.

BB , The Cape sounds so nice. I bought the bobs red mill also, but have only made pancakes sofar. Of course I had to eat them all, I have a hard time with portion controle with things like that. Where did you find the pizza crust recipe?

Hi Jane, Way to go avoiding the chips. As for the other stuff, nobodys perfect. I know its hard when you have a stressful job.

I'm down another lb today. So-far so-good.
We sold our truck so we have to go find something new (to-us) So i m of to go look at some. I hope everyone has a good day. By-by for now.

beach bum
05-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Hi Puncezilla:) I can't find the website where I found the Pizza but this is a copy of the recipe from the site.

L/C Pizza Crust

1/4 c flaxmeal
1/4 tsp Baking power
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp onion salt
1 pack splenda
1 TB Italian seasonings
1 TB grated parm cheese
1 egg
2 tsp water

Mix dry ingredients than add egg & water. Spray a dinner plate with Pam & spread mixture onto the plate.[will be the size of a "personal pizza"]

Micro wave for 1 minute and 40 seconds. on High

Slide off plate into a sprayed frying pan brown both sides on High. Place your ingredients for the topping on top of crust Than Bake at 350F in oven until the cheese melts. Cut into 4th & enjoy.

3 carbs for one pizza crust you have to add the carbs for your toppings.

Hi Jamie,Thanks for the rubber band idea, going to use it in the evenings when I tempted while watching T.V.

Have a great evening

lilybelle
05-23-2007, 11:17 PM
Hi ladies, I spent another 2.5 hrs. working in the yard. I got my cantaloupe all planted. DH helped me a little while this evening and he moved the rocks that I wanted moved this time. Yippee. I am so darn sore that I can barely move. My energy spurt is decreasing. I need to take it easy now for a few days.

carolr3639
05-24-2007, 09:38 AM
Lily, do you plant cantaloupe from seeds or plants? We have such short growing season that it's hard to grow melon. We got an eliptical and I really like it.

lilybelle
05-24-2007, 10:15 AM
carol, I planted cantaloupe seeds. We really have long summers, usually all the way up til October.

Arkansas Kel
05-24-2007, 10:50 AM
Lilly - send squash!!! I have little tiny garden - did not plant squash. Did you know there is a national "sneak a zucchini onto your neighbor's porch" night? There is. Must be another abundant squash. You could sneak yellow squash instead.

I was such a good girl. Have dropped several pounds from my regain off. Last night, oh last night. WEnt to movie. Was running behind. Had a few minutes to eat on the way. Ate McD. Ate the little cheeseburger and small fry with diet coke (did I mention time was short?). Got to movie. Thought that would hold me, smelled popcorn (my personal crack if it's at the theater). Ate popcorn. I did restrain myself somewhat. I ate 1/2 the bag with help of DH (he always steps in to save me - haha).

Today, WI - only up 0.5 lbs - not that bad - probably the salt. Back OP - doing great damage control today. I had eaten very LC earlier yesterday so I think I'll coast by that iceberg ok without sinking.

Mikes cranberry lemonade lite!!! OMG, I buy the Mike's light plain lemonade and it rocks. Sounds great. Will look for them. Of course I drink about one alcoholic drink per week. But those Mike's light are great - I could see how that could happen!

jabunney
05-24-2007, 11:56 AM
Wow Lily, that is a lot of work - I have always wanted to do a garden and remember my grandma always growing lots of stuff, but I just don't have the time, and I can't even keep plants alive in my house... I love squash too!! *he he he* But all kidding aside, think about the muscles that you worked :)

Hey Brenda! Welcome back, Haven't seen you oln here but I am new... So it is good to meet ya, Can you say it like that>>>???

Hey Jane - something that I have found is these parmasean chips that I make when the boys break out the chips and dip and they are crunchy and full of flavor and really work for me... Just buy some "shredded parm" and put them in piles on a sprayed cookie sheet, i put some different spice on them sometimes, but I make a big batch then put them in a ziplock and they keep for a while... *(Something to try)* ;)

BB - Thanks for that pizza idea... Yummo! I am going to have to try that! I LOVE PIZZA!!! and those "turkey pepperoni's are AWESOME! I like them better then the regular...

Puncezilla - Great job on your next lb... I am at a stuck point, haven't gained or lost! But haven't gone to the bathroom in a few days... Drank a few cups of tea, so hoping it will kick in soon!

As for me! Ok I can share this here Last night i took some pictures for my guy, because Sunday is our 1 year annivasary. I am not real comfortable with the way that I look but they are tastefully done, and My friend took them and she said they were awesome! So hopefully he will like them to... I also got a new thing to wear for that night! I am excited!!!!
My B/N WI today is the same as yesterday, EXACTLY! I knew that I would slow down from last week, the first 11 lbs fell off quick! Darnit!

Oh well I still haven't cheated.... That is the main thing right!

Ok off to work! you all have an AWESOME DAY!

jabunney
05-24-2007, 12:12 PM
Hey ther Arkansas Kel
Yea, The new "mikes" AWESOME!!! I guess I like to drink! Not really but ha ha never mind I will leave that alone!.
Wow, I wouldn't be able to stop if I had the Micky D's I love to order a hambuger happy meal with a large Orange drink... it just makes me happy happy... It has been almost 2 weeks for me and I haven't cheated once. I really want to start dropping this weight, and I know that I am not alone, It is just so dang frustrating when you finally get to that point when "IT IS TIME"!!!

oK WELLL - just wanted to say thanks to you as well as I didn't go to page 6.
It is the acknowledgment we all like I think about this site that keeps us going!!! If I left anyone out Forgive me please!!! ;)

lilybelle
05-24-2007, 01:33 PM
Kel, I wish I could send you some squash, LOL, I know I will have way too much of it. I planted all yellow squash because I don't like zucchini. I just came in from weeding again. I now have little peas . I accidentally hoed up 2 of my potatoes and they are about 2" round. I'll be able to pull all them up soon and then have room to plant my watermelon. Yummy. I love Watermelon. Gardening is very rewarding, but very time consuming. I have been working 2-4 hrs. a day most every day, but I keep thinking of more stuff that I want to plant. LOL. I consider all my gardening as my exercise most days. After all, using a hoe several hrs. a day is hard work.

Kel, I'm horrible about movie popcorn. I just can't resist it. Me and DD usually share a medium tub of it. I just accept now that I'm gonna eat it if I go to a movie and try to eat a lower cal. dinner to make up for it. McD's, I can live without. Yesterday, I made chicken and dumplins (which I usually just bake me some chicken and leave them alone), but I did eat 1 bowl this time. I was too tired to cook me anything separately. I put all my food in Fitday and still only had 1200 cal's yesterday, so not bad at all.

Puncezilla
05-24-2007, 01:51 PM
BB, Thanks, I definately will try the pizza, It's one of the things I miss the most.

Lily, What kind of squash did you plant? I used to grow spagetti squash, but havent tried any other kinds. I use fitday and they don't list very many kinds of squash on there, just summer sqash? What is summer squash? the ones we get in the store are usualy butter nut or accorn, and I can't seem to find a carb count for them. If anyone knows please let me know.

Kel, I cant believe they have a "sneek a zuckini onto your nighbors porch night" that's hilarious! I also have a weekness for movie popcorn, it always tastes better. They probably do sneek a litle crack in to hook us. I'm sure your one evening off wont hurt you.

Jamie, Get some fiber girl! I take those psylium fiber capsules. A few tbs of the flax meal helps too. I hope you have a great aniversary with your special guy. My DH doesn't realy belive in celebrating anything, Not B-days, Valentines, aniversaries, I always buy myself something. If I want to do anything special I have to plan it and make him do it.
Mikes lite do sound good, how many carbs?

Hi , Brenda, Carol, Jane, everybody, I hope you'r all having a great day.

I'm still op. My soup was ok, but pretty salty so I'm up .5 this morning. not worried as I'm sure it's just a little extra water.

Puncezilla
05-24-2007, 01:56 PM
Hey Lily, you sneeked in while I was typing ( I'm pretty slow) I can't belive you have potatoes that big already! I would love to live in that kind of climate.

jabunney
05-24-2007, 03:46 PM
Puncezilla - Thanks I will try the psylium fiber capsules. or the flax meal does that have Carbs? AND the New mikes "cranberry have 4 or 6" net carbs.. Can't remember... And taste just as good as the regular...

Man lilly - I am so jealous that you 1 have the time to garden like that and two that it works for you! J/K... I love fresh veggies, there is just something about a fresh tomatoe... :) I think my dogs would destroy it if I didn't kill it from not watering it but I might try something small... I think it could be fun... So since I saw that you are seeing how many calories, you are taking in, are you doing low fat to???

I am still "OP" *(on plan)*??? What is DH *(dumb husband)* ha ha ha... Sorry I am in a weird mood, I am getting ready to leave work, So I can't wait today for some reason.

I to am a sucker for Movie popcorn... Crack probably... that is to funny... I don't even like popcorn usually??? Hummm....

beach bum
05-24-2007, 04:37 PM

Was going to walk along the beach:beach: but it was to windy to stay.So tonight I going to do some upper arm lifts and some leg lefts also.

Doesn't look to good for tomorrows w-i. Can't figure my carb balance,I'm I eating enough or less carbs. I vary from day to day sometimes as low as 20 or up to 32 grams. Whats going to happen to my weight when On Memorial Day I'm planing to have 47 grams at our BBQ?????????

Lily-Then only way I know how to sooth a aching body is to take along bubble bath. Or use as hot cold patch like the product hot & icy. Both basil,oregano & parsley to add to my veggie garden when the frost is gone.

Kel-Congrats on you weight loss,you are a good gal. Sorry about the .5 gain,don't sweat it ,its from the sodium in the popcorn.

Jamie-Happy 1st Anniversary. The pizza is easy to make,and its tasty too,for a low carb meal. I make them periodically.

Puncezilla-Your welcome the pizza is tasty to me it is.You might have to get use to the crust,but that the flax meal that you taste.Going to try the same recipe with soy flour and see what happens.

Have a great day

Puncezilla
05-24-2007, 04:41 PM
Flax does have some carbs. This is the label from the flax meal I have, Normaly if you add the fiber (4gr)and sugars (3gr) you get total carbs. But this has 4 gr total carbs? It doesn't add up. So I'm a little confused.
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 2 Tbsp (13gr)
Amount per Serving
Calories 60 Calories from Fat 40
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 4.5g 7%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 0mg 0%
Potassium 0mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 4g 1%
Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
Sugars 3g
Protein 3g 6.

Puncezilla
05-24-2007, 04:51 PM
What is DH *(dumb husband)* ha ha ha..
In this case yes.

BB, I'v tried soy flour for cooking before but did'nt like the taste. But I do like the taste of the flax.

lilybelle
05-25-2007, 11:38 AM
Hi everyone,

I spent my day working outside yesterday, as usual. I got all the holes filled in that my dogs had dug. Cleared a new plot and went ahead and planted my watermelon. I again weeded around my garden. Worked at least 4.5 hrs.

Puncezilla, I planted the yellow summer squash.

Good news is , I'm down 2 lbs. again. I know it's from the several hrs. daily of yard work. Eating has been pretty dang good lately.

I was so disappointed to find that all the strawberry plants have already been sold for this year. So, I didn't want all my hard work of clearing that big rock flower bed to go to waste. I bought little cherry tomato, jalapeno and cucumber plants to put there. (which I will plant today).

I've first gotta go buy groceries and take DD to Dr. She has a bad upper respiratory infection and just can't seem to quit throwing up. Her shortness of breath is getting worse. I took her to Dr. 2 days ago and they started her on antibiotics , but she is worse now. That amoxicillin definitely isn't working, so I'm gonna see if they will put her on Zithromax. It usually works best for her.

jabunney
05-25-2007, 02:43 PM
Hey Puncezilla

Hey on this with the low carb aren't you suppose to subtract the Fiber to get the "Net Grams" of what the carbs really are because on all the Atkins, stuff that I have gotten that is what they say "due to the Feds"
And thanks for the code for DH!!! :)

Puncezilla
05-25-2007, 04:26 PM
Hi Everyone. How's everyone doing? Best of luck for your holliday weekend.

Hi Lilly, I hope your DD is feeling better soon.:hug: Congrats on the 2lbs .

Jamie, Yes you should subtract the fiber from the total carbs to get usable carbs (or net carbs), The fiber and sugar should equal total Carbs. I think there may be an error on the packageing. I looked the flax up on several carb counters and it does have some usable carbs. This one seems to be a good one http://www.carb-counter.org/
DH can also be Dear husband, Darn husband, Doodie head:dizzy: , depending on the mood he.. he.. (not usualy the first one for me)

I'm doing oK. Going to go do some more vehicle shopping. We can't decide between a car or an SUV. Cars obviously better for gass milage, but we get a LOT of snow in the winter so SUV would be better for that. I'm a little stressed over it, I don't like to spend so much money, and were buying used so it's hard to find something nice for a resonable price. And we already sold the truck so I realy need something to drive.

lilybelle
05-25-2007, 08:36 PM
I'm back now from taking Lacy to the Dr. She has a respiratory infection, wheezing , shortness of breath and constant vomiting. They put her on Zithromax, Phenergan and a Medrol Dose Pack. This Dr. sent all her labs to OK. City to her pediatric gastroenterologist. I'm awaiting a reply to see when she can be seen there for an EGD. This Dr. feels her hiatal hernia repair has been all stretched out and she needs surgery again to fix it. Her vomiting is so bad now, that all of her electolytes are out of whack. I'm very worried about her and afraid she'll end up in the hospital again very soon.

I've been with sick Lacy all day at the Dr. and pharmacy and lab center. So, I didn't get groceries bought. I made chili for dinner since that was about all I had available to cook. I already feel fat and bloated after eating it.

myyear07
05-26-2007, 05:15 AM
Hi Lilibelle,
Sorry to 'butt in' to the thread, just wanted to say your weight loss story was very very inspiring to read (i've read it several times over!). I have about 85 lbs to lose and have lost the first 10 already :-).
I started low carb but found the initial phase too restictive (it also lead me to a bit of a carb binge yesterday bla.....) altho I lost good weight on it... I'm now doing it the 'softer' way and adding a little bit of fruit and a small amount of fibre-rich carb every day. I've dusted myself off and started again today after the bad afternoon I had yesterday and THAT is the point where I used to stop and just think 'oh well I've blown it' and fall back into my old ways.
Now I'm not planning too many falls off the wagon, if I do that I'll never lose the weight lol!
So I just wanted to say your story and all the other lovely ladies and gentlemen on all the diets all over the boards have given me lots and lots of hope as I used to think I will never ever be able to lose 85 lbs!
Good to see you've kept all the weight off Lilibelle and you're doing well. It can be done!

Hope you all have a lovely day

love from the UK (where it's raining, again.....)
xxxx

lilybelle
05-26-2007, 11:50 AM
myyear, thank you so much. You can do it too. It really just takes persistence. If you fall off the wagon, just get right back on. I also used WAY more fruit than others while doing Atkins and it didn't keep me from losing the wt. The added "extra" that I ate in grains was Oats while I did Atkins. I just got too tired of eating eggs everyday. I think a lot of my success came from the patience and persistence. Sure, I had my falls, but I never gave up (and still don't ). I just accepted that I had about 90 lbs. to lose and that I was gonna lose it if it took me forever. I really didn't have a timetable. I looked at it as "it really doesn't matter if I'm thin next year, I'll most certainly be Thinner than I am right now". This is what worked for me. I accepted than on Holidays and such that I wouldn't stay 100% on program and no sense in beating myself up about it. I accepted that on family b-days that I'd have a piece of cake (sometimes more than one). Looking back, I think I stayed 100% OP about 80% of the time. That is still 80 times better than I would have done without a plan, so it worked for me.

I wish you the very best of success with your plan.

pacemomof4
05-26-2007, 06:13 PM
Hey guys!!! Well like I said last week, or maybe the week before, I am still not back on track yet. I haven't been going too terribly crazy, but I could be doing lots better than I am. I intend to go full force on Monday. Lilly, hope your dd is doing ok. I hate to hear that she has been sick. I will be praying for you and your family. Hope everyone has a great Memorial day weekend.

nasus40
05-26-2007, 06:44 PM
MMM the Pizza sounds delish! I will have to try that.

New job - i will be working for a home care company here in Upstate. St. joseph's I am really excited. I have been spending as much time in my garden as possible (weeding and weeding some more very overgrown and planting flowers.) and doing pilaties and weights at the Y. seems like I should have tons of time to get on line and support my friends but goodness, when you get going time flies. cheat? yes I have, bad bad bad. but I have been better until I made this cake. 6 hours to make it. what a fun job. I will see if I can post it. My BIL a SIL Live down state and last year at this time there was a flood and they almost lost their house their new floors and everything had to be gutted. they have rebuilt and are having a flood party. and well I made a cake. i was going to do their house and have water all around it but DH said to do a arc, and well I did and it came out great!! now to get it to their house. 4 cake mixes and 3 bags of sugar and almost a lb of butter and crisco. She said almost 100 people will be there so I can not wait.

Ok I found it. Oh I do not know how to do it.

Well when I figure it out i will post some pictures of DD2 who went to the Nat. guard. All in her outfit. she looks like a scared waif!

well It seems like you guys did good this week. for staying OP and love the parmisan chips I will definately like that one.

nasus40
05-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Did it come on?? the Cake one is the cake obviously the other one Is DD2 in her camo with a gun. it is bigger than her!

Hey it worked!! but the one of DD2 is not the best one I will see if a different one is better

jabunney
05-29-2007, 09:56 AM
Good morning all!

Well this weekend was pretty good for me, I stayed OP all weekend, except I had a few drinks, on Sunday at a party. I haven't lost or gained again and I am really starting to get frustrated... I am still at the exact same spot for like 6 days. hummmm, I think that I am going to start walking a little more with my son and maybe the dogs to. Just seems like not enough time.

Lilybelle ~ Oh man I am so sorry that you are dealing with health issues, I am assuming that is your child, *(daughter)*? not sure with all the acronyms, but I am trying. I will definately keep you in my thoughts and prayers. My son had surgery for hernia stuff when he was very young and it was not easy on me...
By the way I don't know how to view your "story" and your pics??? Sorry still kinda the newbie!!! :)

Puncezilla ~ Thanks for the carb counter, That is very helpful. The car hunting thing must suck but just keep your chin up and think about when you are driving around town in "your new car/SUV"... How exciting! I know it is easier said then done but I have been working on just staying in the moment and when things become to much for me I think of where I will be. Just joined this other website that sends me little notes from the universe, with positive affirmation kind of things, Check it out if you would like.. http://www.tut.com

myyear07 ~ Hi there! Well sounds like you have a plan... I am fairly new to the low carbing thing to and have lost a total of 12lbs since Mothers day which is when I started. I have only cheated on s couple of drinks now and then but other then that, I have stayed OP. I really miss fruit as I grew up in Hawaii and I moved here about 5 years ago. But as I saw with Lily, I keep thinking that I want to look better, and see since "right now" I feel ready I am going to stick with it. I know that my W/L (weightloss) has slowed down so I don't really know what to do at this point. I always do better while I am at work then I do at home on the weekend. I can't seem to get my water in while I am at home because we are always on the go... Please keep me posted... I am here most weekdays! Good luck whatever you decide :)

pacemomof4 ~ Hi there! Just wanted to say I understand how hard it is to get back on track... Just remember why you started and maybe that will give you that extra motivation you need;) Just a thought... Hope that you have a GREAT day!

nasus40 ~ WOW that cake is awesome!!! I cant even get my two layer cakes to come out right most of the time:) And on another note I tried this and it was awesome with the parmesan receipe, do like I made before then I took them out of the oven and flipped thm onto a small bowl turned upside down, and then used that for my salad bowl and then for some taco meat... Oh it was yummy and something new...

Well I need to get back to work, I sure hope that I didn't miss anyone. Just ate my eggs w/ sausage, and hoping that this week I can knock down a few pounds, the first 10 were so easy??? Good luck guys and have a GREAT Tuesday!

Jamie:hug:

myyear07
05-29-2007, 10:31 AM
Hi Jamie, thanks for ur reply...
I can't do the no fruit thing lol, I did it in my first week and whoa! i had the worst constipation ever! even tho I'd eaten tons of veg! So... anyway I've adapted the plan to my needs basically adding a few fruits and one good serving of wholegrain whatever a day. That's helped tremendously in the bowel department haha!
I've always had trouble with my water intake (I hate water...) but since I've started I've basically made up a 2 litre bottle of sugar free cordial (bit like ur crystal light stuff) and put it in the kitchen and everytime I'm in there I force myself to drink a few gulps..
I've still to get my backside in gear regarding exercise... I have an ex bike sat in my kitchen... but it rarely gets used lol. I do however walk my dogs twice a day so thats better than nothing altho I know if I want this weight loss to speed up I need to get serious about exercising!
Anyway keep us all posted!

myyear07
05-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Lily
I hope your daughter is getting better!!
Take care,

xx

jabunney
05-29-2007, 10:40 AM
Myyear07 ~
Yea I have this 2 liter jug at work that I drink most days 2 of them a day some days I only get like 1 and a half, but I try plus I drink Crystal lite, and a few diet sodas... I drink a lot I guess.. But the constipation thing... Yea this last weeek I had a really hard time with that. I just went and got some exlax yesterday because I just felt like I was going to EXPLODE!!! TMI I know but, I think we all have that issue at some point.

Well keep up the good work and keep me posted. I might have to add some fruit and I definately need more veggies...

Have a GREAT day! :)