Old 05-13-2007, 07:10 AM   #1  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Question My scale broke, need recommendations....

I bought a scale last weekend after not having one for a few years, and when my husband , my DD and I weighed ourselves it seemed kind of high, but now the scale went down, I weigh 140, my husband 100, and my daughter 80. So we know it is broken. I am going to try and return it, and buy a new one. It is a healthometer, any suggestions would be great on a scale that is not going to give me problems. Tia Cheryl
ps Happy Mother's day!!!
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:48 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Perhaps it has a bad battery.

I have a Tanita digital scale that measures weight and body fat% as well as water %. It measures in 2 tenths of a pound increments. You can also store your info in there for up to 4 people. I find it quite accurate and am very, very happy with it.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:06 AM   #3  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

After much searching I have found that the Health-O-Meter scale is reliable and accurate. I have checked it through my work, the hospital, my doctors office and such and the numbers are dead on. ^-^ They also have a variety of features that I love- BMI counter, goal counter, fat percentage, water percentage etc etc. They are also inexpensive.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:08 AM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I really love my Weight Watchers Conair digital scale. I got it for $30 at Costco but I saw a similar one at BB&B the other day for slightly higher.

Oh and it also stores data for up to 4 people although I don't use that feature. I know full well how much I weigh
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:13 AM   #5  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I'll second the recommendation of the Tanita digital. I have the Jenny Craig model, and it was worth the investment. It's been accurate and reliable since I purchased it last year. I don't use the tracking feature that often on mine, but when I'm really discouraged it is kind of nice to be able to push a button and see just how far you've come.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:49 AM   #6  
cals. in v. cals. out

S/C/G: 157/151/130

Height: 5'6

I have the LifeSource® ProFIT™ Precision Health & Fitness Scale. I got it for $88.49 at costco online. That included shipping and handling. It seems like a lot but I had a cheaper one that was so ridiculously inaccurate that it defeated the purpose of weighing yourself b/c you couldn't trust the reading. I have no regrets about it. It weighs you to the tenth of a pound. You can weigh yourself in the morning after evacuating your bladder and then have a few glasses of water and weigh again and it will be reflected in you weight. I heart precision.
This is what the website says about it's features:
*Modern, sleek hi-tech design
* Large one-inch LCD character height
* Superior accuracy
* 31 measurement memory
* Target weight function
* Body Mass Index (BMI)
* Simple, one button control
* Weight: approximately 4.85 pounds
* Three year warranty

The LifeSource® ProFIT™ UC-321 is a personal health scale with advanced features. This scale is extremely useful for those trying to improve their health by managing their weight more carefully. It is equally beneficial for diabetics and athletes who need to closely monitor and control their body weight within a certain range. This scale includes precise weight measurements, sleek low profile, target weight setting, memory function and body mass index (BMI) calculation. It combines the latest technology in a sleek, modern design.

Capacity & Measurement
The ProFIT™ UC-321 has a maximum capacity of 350 pounds. It measures weight to the tenth of a pound. The scale is so accurate that you can weigh yourself, get off the scale and drink a glass of water, weigh yourself again and actually see the difference immediately.

Low Profile
Low profile refers to the height of the scale. With the ProFIT™ UC-321measuring less than one and a half inches thick, you are able to step on and off the scale easily with minimal effort - a nice feature for those who have difficulty lifting their legs.

Target Weight Setting
The ProFIT™ UC-321 makes it easy for a person to tell how close they are to their desired weight with its target weight function. Just set up the scale for target weighing and the UC-321 does the rest. It will let you know if you are over your target weight, under your target weight or right on target - with just the flip of a switch!

Memory
You can store up to 31 readings in memory and recall the stored values by pressing a button to review your weight history and progress.

Body Mass Index
Body Mass Index (BMI) takes into consideration an adult's weight-to-height ratio to determine if a person is at the ideal weight. The ProFIT™ UC-321 will automatically calculate your BMI for you, after you have input your height data.

Extended Battery Operation
The ProFIT™ UC-321 requires 4 type AA batteries (included), which should last approximately 2,000 weight measurements.
nomorefatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:09 AM   #7  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

I agree with Robin - maybe it's a bad battery or else you just got a lemon. I have a Healthometer and it's been the best scale I've ever had. On my old scales I could weigh, then jump back on a weigh again only to get a totally different weight each time. My Healthometer scale doesn't let me get away with that! I know that the Healthometer was fairly inexpensive which is why I bought it (I'm cheap! ) so I'd be tempted to try exchanging it for another one first unless I could find another type around the same price.
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 12:12 PM   #8  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Post Thanks for the recommendations..

I returned the broken( it was a healthometer? something close to that), and bought a different one and this time digital that measures body fat. I will weigh myself tomorrow and maybe the numbers might be lower? lol I can hope. Thanks again for all the help I appreciate it. Cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote