Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 05-12-2007, 10:44 PM   #1  
~~Joanne~~

S/C/G: 178/151/150

Height: 5'3

Default Eliptical or Treadmill

My husband is going to let me get eathier an eliptical treadmill for Mothers DAy..which one gives you the best work out? lol.
wateraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 11:13 PM   #2  
it's always something

I love the treadmill, but Jennifer prefers the elliptical

Can you go to a sporting goods store or a gym and try out both to see which you think you'll prefer?

Btw, you have a very sweet hubby
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 12:03 AM   #3  

I agree with Suzanne. It is a big investment so it is definately worth doing a demo on both.

For me, hands down I would choose the treadmill! For some weirdo reason, I cant even do five minutes on the elliptical yet I can do an hour of the cardio treadmill.

I am happy for you!!!! That is a great mother's day present!!!!!

ibbasquish
ibbasquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

When we were looking, I really didn't want an elliptical... I couldn't use one at all. Now my needs have changed and I love the elliptical and wish we had gotten one. At least we've gotten several good years from the treadmill.

I think it depends on what you think you'll like! Trying them out sounds like a good plan. After all, the exercise equipment that becomes a coat rack is NOT the right choice...
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 05:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 235/230/150

Height: 5'5"

It's funny Ibbasquish...I have the same problem...I can do cardio on a treadmill just fine, but doing cardio on an elliptical exhausts me within minutes. I thought it was just me.

I can also report that an elliptical hurts my knees, where a treadmill does not. For me at least, I think that a treadmill conforms to my body's natural rhythm of motion, and an elliptical doesn't.

To the original poster: As others have wisely cautioned -- be sure to try before you buy! You may find that you prefer the gentle bobbing motion of an eliptical more than the rather one-dimensional treadmill experience.

Cheers,
~ G.

Gwyn11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:54 PM   #6  
~~Joanne~~

S/C/G: 178/151/150

Height: 5'3

Well, I got an eliptical..I really like it!
wateraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:17 AM   #7  
Proud Mommy

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5 ' 3

I had the same problem a year or so ago.I could do the treadmill on a 10 incline, 3.6 speed,but couldnt do more then 1 minute on the eliptical.Probally about 2 months ago,i said I gotta do this,and started with 5 minutes,then worked myself up to 15 then half an hour.I was so proud of myself!Now I do 15-20 minutes on the tread,and 10 - 15 minutes on the eliptical.I try to change it up so my body doesnt get used to one exercise and then I will plateau.
snapplegirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote