Mini-Goals - I jogged for 10 minutes! Without stopping!

reji
05-11-2007, 04:42 PM
This morning, I went to take a little walk/slow jog around a lake that's near my house. Usually, I'm only able to jog for a few minutes before I have to start walking again (I've got bad knees). Today, it was almost easy to jog for 10 minutes before I took a walking break. Woo hoo!

Of course, I think I pulled a muscle on my last little bit of jogging this morning, but I'm going to concentrate on those first ten minutes! :D

GatorgalstuckinGA
05-11-2007, 04:50 PM
woohoo..congrats. Keep up the good work. BTW if you are interested in getting in shape via running or want to run a 5k there's a really great program called the Couch to 5k. this web site explains it...i did it last time i lost weight and it really did seem to work. http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

keep up the good work

RidiculouslyAddicted
05-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Woo hoo! Congrats!! I'm only at about 4 or 5 minutes myself, so I know how awesome that must feel!

maeminglea
05-11-2007, 06:33 PM
Congrats!! When I started trying to jog I could only go 3 min. I've done 10 min. twice now and I really didn't think I could. It does feel like an accomplishment.

wateraddict
05-11-2007, 06:47 PM
thats great!

Holdensmom
05-11-2007, 06:47 PM
That's awesome. I was huffing and puffing last night after 2 minutes. You are my hero.

TammyD
05-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Congratulations! I haven't been brave enough to even try jogging yet other than going to my mailbox. The last time I seriously lost alot of weight I was jogging almost every night and the weight seemed to just fall off.

smisen
05-13-2007, 07:43 PM
That's more than I can do! Congratulations on your hard work - that's awesome :)

FresnoBeeDude
05-14-2007, 05:51 AM
I am somewhat jealous. Believe it or not, I have periodic dreams of me just jogging. This is one of my goals. Also, I had a friend who just left for bootcamp, and he was bragging about the pushups he an do. I told him, when we meet again, I hope to be down to my ideal weight, and would love to challenge him to a pushup contest.

It will be a while before I can do either, but I am so determined to get there

reji
05-14-2007, 05:39 PM
Thank you all, and congratulations to all of you who are running, too. It may be hard now, but we'll get there!

Romeos Girly
05-14-2007, 06:25 PM
Congratulations! You will be running miles in no time!

onthetee
05-15-2007, 06:30 PM
woohoo..congrats. Keep up the good work. BTW if you are interested in getting in shape via running or want to run a 5k there's a really great program called the Couch to 5k. this web site explains it...i did it last time i lost weight and it really did seem to work. http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

keep up the good work

I just started the Cool Running program yesterday! I have been doing the elliptical at the gym for nearly six months, and this was a good addition to that. I did not feel like my lungs were imploding.

Congrats, Reji. That is awesome.

healthytoad
05-16-2007, 10:10 AM
wow! great victory! I can barely get past 60 second intervals :) you are rockin!