LA Weight Loss - Summer Meltdown

View Full Version : Summer Meltdown

zambejaly5
05-10-2007, 10:17 PM
This is the 5 week Summer Meltdown that my COD is doing. I noticed the one she gave me says for Red. I am assuming that if you are on something else you would alter it accordingly. days 3 thru 6 on the TakeOff weeks have all the exchanges that the red plan has in a day but incorporates the jetstart and the slimdown.

Summer Meltdown – RED

Lose up to 2 sizes and up to 20 lbs. by summer

Week One
Day 1 and 2 (see TakeOff instructions for Protien and Veggies)
• Breakfast 8 oz. Take off Juice and ½ LA Lite Bar
• Mid Morning 8 oz. Take off Juice and ½ LA Lite Bar
• Lunch 3 oz. Protein and unlimited Veggies
• Mid Afternoon 8 oz. Take off Juice and ½ LA Lite Bar
• Dinner 3 oz. Protein and unlimited Veggies
• Evening 8 oz. Take off Juice and ½ LA Lite Bar

Day 3 thru 6
• Breakfast Jetstart – ½ Protein – 1 Starch
• Mid Morning LA Lite Bar and Fruit
• Lunch SlimDown and 2 Vegetables
• Mid Afternoon LA Lite Bar and Fruit
• Dinner 1 Protein, 2 Vegetables, 1 Starch, 1 Fat

Day 7
Follow Regular Plan

Week Two Follow Regular Plan
Week Three Repeat TakeOff Week
Week Four Follow Regular Plan
Week Five Repeat TakeOff Week

JerseyMadchen
05-10-2007, 10:25 PM
Hmm, sounds like torture!

slim n trim
05-10-2007, 10:26 PM
thanks for the info Lettie.

I think I might just give this a try. I seem to have kind of stalled again in the loss dept. so maybe this is the kick start I need to get it going.

Thanks for sharing.

slim n trim
05-10-2007, 10:29 PM
yea, it does sound a little like torture -

i think if i can get thru day 1 and 2, i might be alright.

Joni135
05-10-2007, 11:56 PM
Thanks for posting. Jetstart (actually any cold coffee drink) is the turnoff for me, but I could easily substitute regular food for that meal.........I'll have to ponder this....5 weeks........hmmmmmm??????

curlmama
05-11-2007, 12:06 AM
The thought of losing 2 dress sizes sounds worth it to me. I think I will give this a try starting Monday!

curlmama
05-11-2007, 12:22 AM
Is there a substitution for jetstart?

sar66
05-11-2007, 06:37 AM
What is jet start??

zambejaly5
05-11-2007, 07:34 AM
Jetstart tastes like the store bought Starbucks Frappaccino, and really I have compared the two and the Frappaccino lite has the exact same Calories, protein, sodium, fat, etc, as the jetstart, I know someone suggested substituting the EAS AdvantEDGE drink, but really it is way higher in Protein and quite a bit lower in calories, so they don't really match. Although I know the higher protein would be better it doesn't taste as good as the Jetstart, which tastes exactly like a Frappaccino..... to me..... I am not sure yet if I will go with the Jetstart or try to substitute

JerseyMadchen
05-11-2007, 09:46 AM
2 Dress sizes does seem worth it. I'll have to think about it. THose TO days are absolute torture! I hate it! It's always worth the ~5 lbs I lose out of it though..

slim n trim
05-11-2007, 01:29 PM
I assume that with this you can still substitute the juice for the grapefruits, oranges or canteloupe???

Also - I think that I read for the slimdown - can sub in the slimfast shakes - does that sound right?

curlmama
05-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Yes, I already sub Slimfast Optima or High Protein for the Slimdown. The diet Frappaccino doesn't have any fiber or vitamins/minerals and the Jetstart does. I think I will just purchase the Jetstart this time.

wtbthin
05-14-2007, 10:02 PM
Where is the Dairy on the take off week?

mlmagic
05-14-2007, 10:44 PM
2 Dress sizes does seem worth it. I'll have to think about it. THose TO days are absolute torture! I hate it! It's always worth the ~5 lbs I lose out of it though..

Me too Amy, I am on TO for 2 days right now, wrapping up day one this evening, I am so hungry, I just keep drinking water, water, water...:mad:
I will love the scale (I hope) come Wed. though!

LittleBlueCat
05-14-2007, 11:16 PM
Where is the Dairy on the take off week?

Well... there is NO dairy on the Take Off, and the TO is for 2 days, not a whole week... No dairy, no fruits, no starch, no fun..... As Cassie said: TO stands for Torture Oneself!

wtbthin
05-15-2007, 08:59 AM
days 3-6 there are starches. But how would you adjust this for the green plan? I get 2 proteins, 2 S, 1 Dairy, 2 Veggies & 2 Fruits.
I really want to give this a try!!!

LittleBlueCat
05-15-2007, 09:34 AM
If you read Lettie's post again, you'll see that the week of the TO consist of 2 day TO, and the rest is following your regular plan using SlimDown & JetStarts. If you do the Slim Down/Slim Fast, they count as 1S & 1P. The JetStart counts as 1D & 1F. So on the days you are having Slim Down and JetStarts, you will have 1P, 1S, 2 V & 1 Fr left to consume. Does that make sense? I'm no expert. I am just explaining of how I read Lettie's post...

wtbthin
05-15-2007, 10:53 AM
Yes, That does make sense now. I didn't know that the Jetstart counted as
1D & 1F-that is where I think I was getting confused. Thanks for explaining it to me!!

merem
05-15-2007, 11:55 AM
Is there a substitution for jetstart?

I am going to substitute a Slim-Fast Optima drink for the Jet Start. Here are the info on each. I like the taste of both drinks but I am a coffee lover. If you don't like the coffee taste you could substitute another slim-fast flavor.

Slim-Fast Optima
Cappuccino Delight
325mL (11oz)

180 calories
6g total fat
2g sat fat
0g transfat
0.5g polyunsaturated fat
3.5g monounsaturated fat
5mg cholesterol
200mg sodium
600mg potassium
25g total carbohydrate
5g dietary fiber
18g sugars
10g protein

LA Weightloss
JETSTART NUTRITIONAL ENERGY BEVERAGE
FRENCH ROAST 236ml (8oz)

Calories 150
Total Fat 3g
Saturated fat 2g
Trans fat 0g
Cholesterol 15mg
Sodium 180mg
Potassium 450mg
Total Carbohydrate 26g
Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugars 20g
Protein 8g

Jetstart does have a higher percentage of these vitamins compared to Slim-Fast Optima Cappuccino Delight:
Thiamin
Riboflavin
Niacin
Vitamin B6
Vitamin B12
Biotin
Panthonic acid
I guess that's why it's labeled "energy beverage."

merem
05-15-2007, 11:57 AM
Lettie,
Thank you so much for posting the information on the summer meltdown. It is just what I needed.

LittleBlueCat
05-15-2007, 11:57 AM
Jet Start counts as 1D & 1FR.

I think I dropped the R on the FR.....

And you're welcome! :hug:

Oh, and I'm not sure of JetStart substitute... I did notice at Walmart and Kroger's they have a breakfast drink that looked like the packinging of the JetStart, but I haven't had the chance of comparing them...

zambejaly5
05-15-2007, 12:21 PM
no problem,
I am on day 2 of the melt down. down, 2 lbs already but was up so it just put me back where I should be, 209.6 I hope to get further with this second day of TO and then hit the meltdown portion.

off to work!

monster66
05-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Okay then....just erased all of what I wrote somehow!! I am doing a summer meltdown too using subs for the TO and SD. I have 6 weeks til my beach trip and I really need to melt something before I put on a bathing suit!!

zambejaly5
05-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Okay then....just erased all of what I wrote somehow!! I am doing a summer meltdown too using subs for the TO and SD. I have 6 weeks til my beach trip and I really need to melt something before I put on a bathing suit!!

oooooh yummy! Subway Subs or homemade........

:rofl: hee hee

Boo'sMom
05-27-2007, 10:21 PM
EAS—Myoplex Lite
Cappucino

calories 170
fat 2
Cholesterol 10
Sodium 390
Potassium 200
Carbohydrate 20
Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugars 1
Protein 20

Has anyone tried the EAS? I like the numbers--except the sodium everything else looks good.

twheelz
05-28-2007, 10:15 PM
What can I substitute the JetStart with?? I cant find Starbucks Frapp LITE...just regular...I will keep looking but I need to come up with a plan B....the EAS...is that what was just posted seems so high in protein....HELP!

Boo'sMom
05-28-2007, 10:47 PM
Yes--on the EAS--my walmart only had the Myoplex Lite in choc. fudge and vanilla but the numbers are the same as those posted above. Except the choc. fudge I bought had the same potassium as the jetstart. The downfall is the sodium, but the upside (and enough for me) is the sugar and protein. I won't try the EAS until Thursday, so it may taste like ick--I'll keep you posted.

You can also sub a dairy and a fruit for the Jetstart (I am pretty sure)--which is definitely my plan B.

zambejaly5
05-29-2007, 08:51 AM
I think the EAS tastes like ick. it is too protein shake-ish for me. nothing like the jetstart.

Boo'sMom
05-29-2007, 10:22 AM
great--now I haven't even tried them and want to return them! I'll make a decision today since I can always do yogurt and fruit in the mornings. Otherwise I will put them in the freezer and chug them really cold like we did way back when we tried the Metabolife shakes--barf!

zambejaly5
05-29-2007, 11:38 AM
well don't mean to turn you off on them before you even try. but I bought one four pack two weeks ago and never did finish them. I am going for the dairy and fruit smoothie.

Boo'sMom
05-29-2007, 02:10 PM
the smoothie sounds good--I will give them a try then go from there. There are still 2 more weeks of the jetstart portion. Live and learn huh?

smjezzy
05-31-2007, 01:14 PM
bumping thread

smjezzy
05-31-2007, 01:29 PM
OK Lettie - sorry to be a nitwit but I think I am going to try this now that I've read it I just have some questions.

TO - I don't do the TO juice due to sugar so can I do the grapefruit thing? If so I dont' really remember what the rules for that were. I'm guessing that instead of 8oz to juice it would be 1/2 grapefruit? Was it 2 grapefruit a day or 1, I don't remember. If it's 1 a day then it would be 1/2 grapefruit each sitting.

I actually have 3 jetstarts sitting in the fridge so I'll just use those and then get some slim fast drinks.

And could you give us an update on your progress to date. How long have you been on it now and what's your weight loss so far?

smjezzy
06-02-2007, 04:28 PM
Is anyone here today? I want to start this tomorrow but I have questions before I hit the grocery store. This says follow TO instructions for veggies which are limited but these instructions say unlimited veggies. Are there specific veggies to use for this? I guess the question is really can I eat whatever veggies I want in whatever amount I need?

Debbie367
06-02-2007, 05:30 PM
There should be a TO list in you plan booklet, if you have one. I can't remember the list off the top of my head but I know they are all green veggies. Here are a few I remember:
Broccoli
Green Beans
Cuccumber
Asparagus
Lettuce

Hope this helps!

smjezzy
06-02-2007, 05:55 PM
found it, thanks!

slim n trim
06-03-2007, 01:49 AM
[QUOTE=merem;1695681]I am going to substitute a Slim-Fast Optima drink for the Jet Start. Here are the info on each. I like the taste of both drinks but I am a coffee lover. If you don't like the coffee taste you could substitute another slim-fast flavor.
I am confused about this.

my understanding is that you can sub a slimfast for the slimdowns and it is counted as a protein and starch, and the jetstarts count as a dairy and fruit.
So ..... that being said, slimfast is not comparable to the jetstart, but is for the slimdowns ..... right?

Merem - can you clarify?

Can anybody clarify this for me?

Boo'sMom
06-03-2007, 03:50 PM
Karen--from what I understand (although I have no idea the reasoning behind it) the Jetstart equates to a Dairy and a Fruit. I used the EAS Myoplex Lite because it was comparable to the Jetstart--except more protein and less sugar. I thought about subbing yogurt and a fruit next time but I can't beat the 20 g. protein for long term hunger suppressant.

hdsqrl
06-04-2007, 11:00 AM
After my second TO of the Meltdown, I'm down to 171.5, w00t! :D Need to go update my July 4th ticker! I'm a slow loser, so I don't expect this number to change a whole lot in the next couple of weeks, but if I can keep it from going up, I'll be a happy girl! :D

smjezzy
06-04-2007, 12:17 PM
megan - what does that translate to in weight lost on TO?

hdsqrl
06-04-2007, 12:46 PM
For this go around it was just about 2.5 pounds, which is pretty average for me. The most I've lost on a TO is 4 pounds, but I usually end up gaining one of those pounds back. I ate badly on Friday, and did TO on Sat/Sun, so I think if I'd stuck to plan on Friday, I might have lost more this time. Ehh, it is what it is, I guess. I'm just glad that I'm getting closer to the 160's at last! :D

smjezzy
06-04-2007, 12:49 PM
2.5 is great. Keep up the good work

emmysmom
06-04-2007, 08:12 PM
Great job, Megan!!

JerseyMadchen
06-13-2007, 11:30 AM
So, has anyone suceeded on this yet? I really want to do this, but does it work? Any one see any results??

Thanks!

JerseyMadchen
06-13-2007, 11:34 AM
I printed out something called the "results menu" awhile back, it was in a post on here, just can't remember. Any thoughts on that one too? Which should I do?

smjezzy
06-13-2007, 11:39 AM
I started on 6/4 doing the summer meltdown. After week one I was down 5 lbs. I am on day three of week 2 (regular plan) and have put 1 lb back on. Total lost 4 lbs so far.

emmysmom
06-13-2007, 11:53 AM
I started on 6/3 and as of today, I am down 5.2 pounds.

JerseyMadchen
06-13-2007, 12:15 PM
Ok, looks like I have my answer! I am so mad. I went to the OB/GYN yesterday and she told me to cut back on the carbs. There were all kinds of obscenities running through my head at that time... I was like, p*ss on you! I'm on a diet and have lost 10 pounds in a month, so suck on that! Ugh.

A woman I work with used to go to her and doesn't anymore because of her attitude. She's muslim, and if she finds out you're having pre-marital sex she becomes really nasty with people. When she was asking all of her questions, she asked if I was single... I thought she meant MARRIAGE single, so I said yes. She had already asked me what I used to protection... anyways, after she found out I am "single", she totally changed her attitude. I felt like saying, wait! I have a BF, we're planning on getting married someday... I don't sleep around. Then I decided against it... I don't have to defend myself to her! I went home very depressed.

I went there to go back on the BC. I am trying Yaz. I have extreme PMS, so the marketing technique worked on me... they suckered me in. Anyone hear anything on this either way?

Boo'sMom
06-13-2007, 12:44 PM
Jersey--how rude of her--i realize they are entitled to their opinion as people but they can't bring it to work--especially in this field! I just read an article about womens healthcare and how we aren't getting the care we need/deserve because of the new "morality clauses" the doctors are allowed--if they have a problem with a "lifestyle" then they should have to disclose that BEFORE the appointment--some women were not even able to get an RX for BC because the Dr. was Catholic and it was against her beliefs. Not right. Okay--off my soapbox. I am also quite taken with the YAZ ads. let me know what you think about them. I go back in October and thought I'd talk to my gyn. then. I want the surgery to just burn the pipes so I don't have periods anymore!! My old gyn. said you have to have "problems" to get to have it--bummer.

JerseyMadchen
06-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Well, I was a little worried, I asked her if it was an anti-depressant or anything like that... she said no. She said birth control (pills) or any type will help with the mood swings, cramping, etc. She said it's a marketing gimmic, the whole PMMD thing... So, I am trying it. I'll definitely let you know!

Boo'sMom
06-13-2007, 01:09 PM
Now I am anxious to ask mine if she thinks it's valid or if it's a gimmick--because I know my moodiness is REAL!!

JerseyMadchen
06-13-2007, 01:14 PM
Same here! I am a MONSTER when I PMS. And like the commercial says, it DOES interfere with my relationships. I get in constant fights with my BF, and my siblings and mom know to just totally avoid me when it's happening.

I can't control it either, I have tried. So, time to get proactive and try this!

Boo'sMom
06-13-2007, 03:28 PM
Can't wait to hear how it works for you--I hope GREAT! I totally understand--I am a bear and i don't even like me.

amylou7777
06-13-2007, 03:57 PM
Hey Jersey, I had the same problem you are having with the moodiness. I switched BC brands three times and nothing worked...my Dr finally said it was either going on prozac or getting an IUD. I picked the IUD bc it seemed so easy! It definitely hurt the first day but now I don't even know its there. She also told me that I have a better chance of getting preggers with my tubes tied than I do with the IUD!! I'd say my PMS went from an 11 to a 4. I still get irritable every now and then but nothing compared to the old days...just ask my bf! You DEFINITELY need to switch obgyns. Mine is sooo nice and thinks that sexual health is just as important as everyday health concerns. She is very supportive so I find myself telling her everything, which ultimately helps me to get everything I need! Good luck!

JerseyMadchen
06-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Thanks Amy! I am definitely in the process of looking for a new one. THe only issue I have with the IUD is when I want to have a baby. Isn't it a five year thing? That'swhat I heard... I am not planning on getting pregnant any time soon, but not being able to at all kind of worries me...

emmysmom
06-13-2007, 05:09 PM
Jersey - I had an IUD prior to pregnancy. It's good for 5 years. If you want to get pregnant, they just remove it and you're good to start trying!

amylou7777
06-13-2007, 10:02 PM
Yep! Pretty easy! Best of luck!

emmysmom
07-03-2007, 02:11 PM
Just bumping this up...