Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 05-10-2007, 03:11 PM   #1  
Shar

S/C/G: 280/149/140

Default Long time no see

Hi all! I'm sorry I kinda fell off the face of the earth for a while. After having a complete rivison in Aug I had to go back under for surgery #12 in early Sept. All the dry heaving I was having finally became a problem and it ripped all the muscular layer stiches out.... PAINFUL!! anyway. Things were going pretty well until mid Dec. I had had this reoccuring pain in my left shoulder area... The dr's finally agreed it was nerve damage from all the surgeries in my abdomen. (there is this nerve in your diaphram that connects to your shoulder.. if it get's damaged or irritated it will hurt in your shoulder...) ANYWAY Dec 15 (my b--day) I am adimtted back into the hosiptal due to my coughing up blood... not just bloddy mucus, BLOOD> Ends up I have e-coli penumonia (sp) and after coughing all that junk up for a week... guess what? NO MORE PAIN in my shoulder. The abcess in my lung was pushing down on the diaphram irritating the above said nerve causing my pain for the previous 6 months. Don't ask my why they never saw any signs of the abcess in the hundreds of ct scans and GI series' I have had done. ANyway... I went back to work mid January, after being gone for 10 months. In April I went in for my re-eval/check up. I was doing pretty good but it was very painful after eating, and my belly would bulge in the upper portion giving me what looked like two additional breast! Dr. H told me that my stomach was one large (huge) hernia. I went in and had an open incision done (again) for surger #13 to repair the hernia (they put in a gortex patch) and to have my scar tissue removed again. So I'm going back to see the dr next week and hopefully will be going back to work in a week or so. Things look good from his point of view. I still have some issues eating. Most days I'm okay, but there are times when I have to run to the ladies room and get sick in the middle of a meal... and it's been 9 mos since my revision. I've lost a total of 140 lbs and it's been fluctuating about 5 lbs either way for the past few months. I'm hoping I can actually start to do exercises besides walking to help with some more weight loss, or just to keep me steady. Loose skin isn't a HUGE issue with me, but I have some. In January after DH goes outta the country for a trip (he's in the AF if you didn't know) we're gonna try to get pregnant again. So I'm hoping after finding out whether or not we can have a baby (one of my main goals in having the surgery done) I'll have surgery to remove what extra skin I do have.
I'm sorry for not being to social these past few months. I've been having a hard time trying to get back into life again after being so absent for the past year.

God bless you all!!
~Sharmel

Before 30 March 2006

After 29 April 2007

Last edited by USAFwife; 05-10-2007 at 03:20 PM. Reason: to add photos:
USAFwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 03:24 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Sharmel,
I followed your story before and I'm glad to see you are back. You are also a cute little thing. I wish you much luck.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:12 PM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back! You have been through the surgery wringer, for sure! Here's hoping for your next baby!
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:28 AM   #4  
RNY 3/1/06

Height: 5'2" and shrinking

Sharmel,
It is so good to hear from you again. You are looking good girl!!! Isn't it fun to be able to wear those smaller clothes. You and Hubs have both been in my prayers for a long time. We had surgery about the same time (only once for me) & I also am flucuating a couple pounds one way or another. I am good with that though--It sure beats the way my life used to be. I have a little loose skin, but I'm older than you so I've decided old ladies sag.

While you hubby is gone, are you going to stay where you are or go somewhere else? I think I remember that he had just been transferred there shortly before your surgery. My daughter stayed where she was when my son-in-law was overseas (he was army).
Loodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:28 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

WELCOME HOME !!!!

Its so good to hear from you again and woweeee girlie, you are teeeny !!! you look amazing. Congratulations on all your wl.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:05 AM   #6  
hara hachi bu

Shar, you look excellent. I'm sorry to hear about all the complications you've had. Welcome back!
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

Great to see you back - you look awesome!! You have certainly had a hard road, hopefully you have reached the end of the surgeries!!!
kfs151 is offline   Reply With Quote