Weight Loss Support - Goal for End of May

View Full Version : Goal for End of May

Alta
05-10-2007, 09:25 AM
My goal for the end of this month is to get rid of 9 lbs. I figure if I get rid of 3 lbs a week, I'll be 184 by the end of May. (I've gained all my weight from last year plus a few more). So now I have to work really hard at this so I dont go back to my old habits.

I cant wait to be in the 160's again. I feel so much better when I do and I can get into my clothes without popping the seams and the zippers.:o

I am on Jenny Craig and exercising every day to accomplish my goal.

I am looking for a weight buddy so that we can interact. This forum can be lonely sometimes since no ones responds to your posts.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slider-but8/lb/0/43/6/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

seranab
05-10-2007, 09:39 AM
Hmm I may try and get off 9 pounds as well. It's a fair amount but it's achievable! Good luck... and keep going!!!!

rockinrobin
05-10-2007, 10:21 AM
3 lbs a week? For 3 weeks straight? I really, really think you might be setting yourself up for disappointment. That is a TOUGH goal to achieve.

Perhaps you'd rathter just look at it as what can you accomplish come the end of May about changing your eating and exercise habits. And bring those good habits with you into June, and then July and then the rest of your life. Those 9 lbs WILL come off, with more to follow.

Regardless of what you weigh come the end of May, if you stay on plan you will definitely be on your way to achieving your goals. Good luck to you. :)

JayEll
05-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Hey Alta!

I felt really good when I got into the 160s again! :carrot:

You'll always get some replies if you post a question in Support--especially if you are having problems.

I agree with rockinrobin--3 pounds a week is steep. So, if you want to keep it as a goal, OK, but please don't be disappointed if you only lose 2 pounds a week. That would still be a LOSS, and that would be good! :D

Exercise and better food habits are the way to go!

Jay

FitMomEB
05-10-2007, 11:01 AM
I would like to get down to 88 something kg by the end of the month. That's also about 9 pounds. So this should be a 9-pound month for most of us :)

LisaMarie71
05-10-2007, 11:53 AM
3 pounds a week is HUGE, really, so I agree that that's quite ambitious. I think I'm going to set myself a little May mini-goal, however, just to push myself a little. I'm going to say that I want to be at 180 on May 31. I'm 187 now, up a pound from last week, but I'm hoping my foot will heal soon and when I start running again the pounds will start to come off.

Gamerchick
05-10-2007, 03:20 PM
My goal for the end of May is to have all 40 miles walked, and to have my tight pants feel looser.

That would make me happy :D

LookingForHope
05-10-2007, 03:26 PM
By the end of May, I would like to be 229. That would seem like a giant leap but it's 7 pounds. So I have 21 days to lose 7 pounds (owww, math...), is one pound every three days. It's taken me 70 days to lose 25 pounds so that's (where's the calculator...) so that's been one-third of a pound a day. If I plug that into the formula (it's a good thing I don't teach math...)! Anyway, I'm willing to try! :):D

pinupdreams
05-10-2007, 03:49 PM
im aiming at 220 or even better 219 by the end of may so lets keep those fingers crossed. best of luck to all of you.

RoyalAthena
05-10-2007, 04:14 PM
Ok. Here goes! I will attempt to lose 5 pounds. 6 lbs would be GREAT because then I would be in my 60's! :carrot:

Short Term Goal:
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-steps/slider-runningman/lb/330/250/275.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

JayEll
05-10-2007, 06:53 PM
OK! Everyone who posts with a goal, come back to this thread at the end of May and report in!

Jay

707Goddess
05-10-2007, 07:02 PM
Im in for 6 lbs i think it's doable no better yet 7 lbs so i can be in the 170's

punchi
05-10-2007, 07:05 PM
My goal is to be abble to control myself and no binge as been happening often. My anxiety is no well same with my depression so i hope to improve and then and get control again of my life and my weight

Alta
05-10-2007, 11:36 PM
Thanks for all the replies.. That was very encoureging. Please come back and post when you have a chance and lets motivate each other.

Actually made a mistake in the math. If I get rid of 9 lbs., I'll be at 178 since I am now 187. But yesterday and the day before I ate these baked chips jalapeno style from Trader Joes that were so delicious and I dipped them in a hummus dip and this morning I saw a 2 lbs weight gain. Must have been the sodium. It wasnt a lot of chips because they come in a small bag...but it did have an effect on the scale...Better not buy anything that is not on my Jenny Craig list. Anyway, I have continued to follow the plan as indicated and have been walking uphill and downhill for 1 hour and went to the gym last night to do a few minutes of spinning and then some weights. So guys....please tell me that I am doing ok and that it was only the sodium.

No, I will not be dissappointed if I dont get rid of the 9 lbs this month..but will be dissapointed if I get off my plan because I know that if I get off the plan..I WILL NOT REACH MY GOAL OF 150 and I will have lost all the money on Jenny Craig.

LisaMarie71
05-26-2007, 11:49 AM
I'm bumping this thread so we can check our progress on the end-of-May goals. How are we doing? I weighed in at 180 this morning, which was my goal, but it's not "official" yet because Tuesday is my weigh-in day.

Alta
05-28-2007, 05:56 AM
I will post my weight at the end of the month..but this weekend was kind of hard because of my birthday and also Memorial Holiday. I went to a bbq yesterday and had just the ribs, lots of water, and raw vegetables. I ate quite a lot of ribs..lets see 6 or 7 short ribs but after that..I didnt eat anything else. I have been walking a lot and the last time I weighed in at 184. I initially started at 193 in early April so thats pretty good for a month. I just need to keep that up each month. If I got rid of 9 lbs or even 7 next month. I would be around 175. which is ok for now. I just need to be consistant.. I think thats what we should be aiming form. It is doesnt sound too encouraging to be working so hard at this...but with time we will see the results which may actually be better in the long run because it took a while to get there. So lets see..in April I was in the 90's, May I was in the 80's, in July in the 70's and August in the 60's and then September in the 50's.

JayEll
05-28-2007, 06:43 AM
Hey Alta,

I don't know much about Jenny Craig--do they have a maintenance plan or maintenance training? I hope so.

Jay

lumifan4ever
05-29-2007, 09:47 AM
well, i didn't join this thread early on...but i have been trying to lose 10 pounds for some time, and today, i have almost made goal. technically, today, i'm at 9 pounds but it will probably be up a pound again soon. (i haven't eaten anything much yet today). but i always say, if my scale says it, it must be!!

seranab
05-29-2007, 10:14 AM
Hey guys,
Yup I didn't reach my 9 pounds goal (I didnt really expect to but having that number hovering over my head makes me stay on point). I've lost 3 or 4 pounds (I cant remember what I was when I said I would do the May challenge) *YAAAAAAAY* and finally kicked the plateau. I've been having exams and have been sitting on my butt non stop for three weeks so I wasn't even expecting to lose 1 pound let alone 3 or 4. I've got one last exam on Thursday which is on American Literature so after that I'm free. It was strange though, I had my exam on Friday... the stress of that gone and I've dropped an extra pound and down to 193. Hopefully with this exam over I'll be able to focus my energies towards my weightloss.

rubberlegs
05-29-2007, 03:39 PM
I lost 10 lbs this month. :carrot:

Next month my goal will be 5. After the first month, my weight loss slows considerably, and at least I know I can do 5. ;)

seranab
05-30-2007, 07:11 AM
Wow Rubber legs that is a fantastic achievement!!! I wish you luck on your next five!!

wisher
05-30-2007, 08:49 AM
Well I didn't reach my goal of 199 by the end of may, I know there's a 1 day left but I doubt I'll go down 2 pounds in 1 day, lol! But I did lose 9 lbs. so I'm happy! My next mini goal is to be 195 by the end of june!

lumifan4ever
05-30-2007, 08:56 AM
Okay...well i'm counting my weightloss at 161. i saw it on the scale again this morning, so i'm keeping it. It is about time to post our june goals. I think in june i hope to lose 6 pounds. I don't want to go higher than that because i'm really lucky if i lose one pound a week, so 6 is a bit of a stretch for me anyways. so 6 pounds down would put me at 155. I would be happy with that. I haven't been 155 in 8 years, right before i got pregnant with my 2nd child back in 1998.

seranab
05-30-2007, 11:18 AM
Hmmm You know what lumifan I'm going to be less courageous than you and HOPE and WORK for 5 pounds! Hopefully... hopefully....hopefully.... god willing.... I should.... should.... be 5 pounds down. That would put me at 187 hopefully...hopefully....hopefully. Lol, can you tell i'm hopefull?

lumifan4ever
05-30-2007, 02:29 PM
I can tell you are very hopefull!! lol. That's good. 5 pounds is a very reasonable, do-able goal. I know you can make it!! Good luck!!

seranab
05-30-2007, 05:04 PM
You tooooo!!

LookingForHope
06-03-2007, 12:05 PM
At the time I wrote my goal, I thought there was no way. But I did it!!

LisaMarie71
06-03-2007, 12:35 PM
At the time I wrote my goal, I thought there was no way. But I did it!!

Wow! Congratulations!! :carrot:

Alta
06-11-2007, 04:00 PM
I was able to lose 10.2 lbs by the end of May. I am trying to lose another 10 lbs by the end of July. Probably lose about 5 lbs each month at the rate I am going. I havent been following the JC plan that well..but I have been exercising a lot. Hopefully when I weigh in this Friday I'll be at 180 lbs. Will work really hard this week to reach that goal.