South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 07:01 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thirsty Thursday Chat - May 10

For some reason I'm thirsty this morning - maybe because I had a Ruthie Special Stir-fry at the LH last night? Chef Ron may have used the regular soy sauce instead of the low salt. So today will be a water glugging day.

We are going to have temps in the mid 80's today which is too hot too soon for me. I'm a real 60s and 70s girl in more ways than temperature. I am meeting friend Mel for lunch in trendy Merrickville so need to get out some summer clothes that aren't workout or garden wear! It'll need to be long sleeved too as my poor arms are a mess from black fly bites. Damned things!

Later today, if it's not too hot and buggy, I have to mark out my veggie garden for tilling and also paint some boards to go up on the front porch when Kevin replaces the roof on Saturday.

What's happening on your stretch of the strand today? Sit and chat a bit.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning!
It's supposed to get into the 80s here, too. The guys are going to be tearing up and replacing the street in front of our house today, after all that damage from the water main breaks, so I'm going to have to keep the windows closed all day. I only have to work 1/2 day today, as Cindy is taking the girls with her to NJ after lunch to look at new sidesaddles for them. Devon Horse Show is at the end of this month, and both girls compete in it. BTW, little Maggie took the 2nd place trophy in the Paperchase last Sunday! Hurray, Maggie!
I plan to do some gardening after I get home, we expanded our perrenial bed in the front yard, so that means I get to buy more plants for it. Supper will be easy, I just made Chicken Divan and it's in the oven now, all I'll have to do is reheat it and make a salad with it tonight.
Well, I'd better gulp down some breakfast and get going, today's my turn to take the girls to school.
See you all later, and enjoy the day!
Old 05-10-2007, 07:37 AM   #3  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Morning, all. Our high is supposed to be in the low 80's today as well. I love this time of year. If it could be 62-88 all the time, I'd be in heaven. I have no clue what's in store for today. Being out of the office in the middle of the week always screws me up.

I'd better get socks and shoes on the girls so we can get out of here. Have a good day, everyone!!
Old 05-10-2007, 08:01 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Hovering around 85 here today. (that's "cool" for here in May...the heat blast will get here soon I'm sure) I can only do yard work very early in the morning or very late in the evening and am glad school will be out at the end of the month so I can play in the mornings. I avoid the sun like the plague..and I used to be a big sun worshiper when I was younger. I spend a fortune on face stuff and don't want to waste those bucks with sun damage.

Have a lot of running to do today after school..Mother's day gifts to buy etc.
My husband doesn't know it, but he is buying me a fine little mp3 player today for Mother's Day. I'm sure he'll appreciate me doing his shopping for him. I have some leftover meatloaf from yesterday, so don't have to rush home after school to start cooking. Got lots of work to do when I get home though, so not much playing time at all for me.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:16 AM   #5  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Good Morning

It's a beautiful day here in Ohio. Even more so because I have the day off. I need to run a few errans after I send the kids off to school. Yesterday I bought some tomato plates and flowers at the local farmers market. Just I'll be potting those today.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Stinger
Old 05-10-2007, 08:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Hello -

A quick run through for me. It is beautiful - it rained before I woke up and everything looks clean, but the sun is shining and it should be in the 70's today.

I finally fit in a workout this morning after two days and lots of off plan food. It felt so good and can already feel that it will be a better day. I will be busy though. I have joked I have "a project a day" this week - they are big, but they only get focused on the day they will be over. One way to get through the week. I just keep reminding myself that in two weeks the "kids" will be gone, it will be quiet, and I will be able to breathe again!

Enjoy a great day!
Ally
Old 05-10-2007, 09:41 AM   #7  

Good morning! A beautiful day in store here as well. I have some things to take care of around the house and some errands for my son's birthday this weekend. But first, some breakfast. I'm thinking of a ricotta pancake w/fresh strawberries, V8 and coffee.
I have a walk planned with a friend this afternoon -- I'm loving these outdoor walks! Have a great day!
Old 05-10-2007, 10:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 147/130/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! We are supposed to be low 80s too!!! I think I may have to sneak out of work early

I have good news! My husband tested his blood pressure last night, right before we started SB he was pre-hypertensive and last night his numbers were all normal!!!!!!!

And my good news, I tried on some pants I hadn't worn in a couple years, and they fit perfect!!!!!

Happy Thursday!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2007, 10:13 AM   #9  

That's fantastic news, amberj! Congratulations!!!!
Old 05-10-2007, 10:19 AM   #10  

It's 80's today and rain. We've gotten quite a bit of rain lately so maybe the drought won't be so bad this summer. Last year's Twilight Camp we had huge cracks in the dirt. I think that will be fine.

I had our last Pack Committee meeting for the school year last night. I just need to type of the minutes and email them out. And make signs for the Pack meeting last week. Our new cubmaster has great ideas for the boy's crossover. I spent quite a bit of time yesterday of preparing for Twilight Camp. I'll meet with the district guys tonight and hopefully we can settle which company to use for the port-a-potties. The one we used last year is by far the cheapest bid but they forgot to bill us and this year's budget can't afford to pay for last year's too. I've got to call on storage PODs today but at least I found that the park ranger will let us lock up the golf cart every night at his secure area so we won't need a bigger POD.

Tonight is the last district Roundtable of the school year. It's a potluck and I'm bringing a crockpot of Cajun turkey sausage and beans. Healthy and good. We need to really get a lot of packs registered for camp tonight. I also need to run by the recreation center to pick up our contract for camp and the store to get stuff for our Scout Show booth for this weekend. And my contact lenses are in! I'm not sure when I'll have time to get them. Everything is slowly falling into place. We picked up another staff member last night when she called to ask if her 11 year old daughter could volunteer at camp and we replied that state rules require that her daughter can only staff if she is with her. Sounds like they will both be good.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:48 AM   #11  
New Kid on the Beach

S/C/G: 232/222/139

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone!
Today looks to be a really nice day here, too, although our weather won't be nearly as warm. I think the high is supposed to be 65. Ruthxxx, I'd happily trade our 65 for your mid-80s if I could!
I have a session this morning and a lot of office work to do this afternoon, so it will be a busy day! I need to get moving on breakfast and get this day started!
Old 05-10-2007, 11:50 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 272/245/170

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Ladies!!

Well, got home from work yesterday and was HUNGRY, really for the first time since I have been sick. Had some celery with hummus, a bowl of chicken soup, and some chili with a little cheese a bit later on. Talk about stuffed. Was going out to see a friend's gig downtown and needed to find jeans. Figured, hey what about those, I haven't tried them on in about 6 months, and back them I couldn't get them over my hips. Guess what?? They fit perfectly..YAY! Was very happy about that. I didn't do that bad at the bar, a few small glasses of red wine, and only 3 little sips of my friend's beer.

This morning had a couple of eggs, and some coffee (not to mention some advil..hahaha). All set up at work, good healthy lunch and snacks. Tonight I am meeting up with some friends I haven't seen in a while and we are going to a bbq place, figure I will have some chicken and a side salad or something to that effect. I love being able to go to any restaurant and stay on program, big perk!

I am looking forward to this weekend, I will be going to visit a friend of mine in her home town for a BBQ she is hosting and I haven't seen her in months. Was supposed to see her last Friday in town, but I got sick and had to miss it. Talked to my Mom yesterday, as they just got back from their trip, gave her an early Mother's Day gift, let her know how much I was down since she bought me the book. She told me it was the best Mother's Day gift ever!

Carey
Old 05-10-2007, 01:21 PM   #13  

It's Bloody Hot and that's the weather report from Nerth Caroliner! Sorry no check in yesterday and late today... been running to and fro to doctors...I had my ear tubes removed finally and a check up for DH and a dentist appt, and a health screening for PAD, carotid artery check, osteoporosis check Glad everybuddy is doing good and seeing some positive health benefits, NSVs and pounds melting away!
Old 05-10-2007, 02:36 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey how's everybody doing?

Busy day here. Me and the staff were going through papers blacking out social security #s because of a new state law and ended up getting a little giggly from the fumes. We decided to take a break from it this afternoon.

It's 77* here and sunny. Perfect after that bit of rain we got yesterday. The grass in the front yard has started sprouting and we're thinking about spreading seed in the back since the ground is so nice and soft. I also need to amend the soil around my rose bushes and do a little pruning. That will make for a nice evening.

Woke up this morning after a wonderful sleep and had a great 3-mile walk. That's 9 miles for the week so far. More than I thought I could do at this point. It makes me feel great! Well, I have some renditions to research, so I'd better get to it. 1/2 a day for me at work tomorrow, so I need to get some things done! Have a great day!
Old 05-10-2007, 06:06 PM   #15  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

*#&@! carrot cake. Hrumph! That's all I have to say about that. The rest of the day has been really good. I just have to figure out something "good" for dinner. Thinking beans would be a good start.

Mom called me at noon and freaked me out. She never calls me at work! Thankfully, nothing's wrong...they want to bring my piano and sofa down this weekend. Yay!! I've been waiting YEARS to get that piano. The sofa I bought from my cousin back in November. They've both been sitting in the garage at my grandma's old house (it's on the market) at the old homeplace.

Wow! The wind just picked up and the temperature has dropped about 10º in the last 15 minutes. It's going to be another stormy night. Hopefully nothing too bad. They're talking more about floods than tornadoes.
Closed Thread