Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-09-2007, 02:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/132-Hit Goal on 12/21/06

Default 6 Binge-Free Days

Hi everyone,

I just needed to post that I have gone 6 full days without a binge and am doing well on day 7 -- sounds like a commercial that's running on TV right now !!!

It has taken me literally months to figure out the causes for my binges, and while emotional eating is a HUGE component, that is easier for me to manage then the binging that seemed to happen for no reason.

So, I started reading and reading and reading and trying variations in my diet to figure out what my triggers are that lead to a binge.

And the result is ...... sweet foods that do not contain protein trigger binges.

I usually have a protein bar or protein shake for snacks and I do not have binge issues with those.

The problem is if I eat something like a Skinny Cow, a meal replacement bar or one of the 100 calorie packs of snacks, within 10 minutes I am inhaling whatever I can find in the kitchen.

The lesson for me is that when I have a snack, it has to have at least 5 grams of protein for me to not go into binge mode.

I am interested to hear what others have experienced as well !!!
chrissyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 05:35 PM   #2  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyk View Post
The problem is if I eat something like a Skinny Cow, a meal replacement bar or one of the 100 calorie packs of snacks, within 10 minutes I am inhaling whatever I can find in the kitchen.
Ahhh, me too!

Congrats on learning what works for you though. And, CONGRATS for the 6 days! It is a great step in the right direction.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 06:15 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5

on the binge free days. It's awesome that you can identify your triggers and steer clear. I see more weight loss in your future . I know that I am an emotional eater and sugar of any sort will set off a binge.
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

That's interesting. I've often wondered about those "for no reason whatsoever" binges. I know sugar is a trigger for me, but I can eat it in some forms/contexts, no problem. I'm going to pay more attention to what I eat WITH the sugar - I think you might be on to something.
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote