Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chitchat #251.

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chitchat #251.

Marti
05-08-2007, 11:36 PM
Hello and :welcome2: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support :grouphug: and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting.:gossip: So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome. :yes:

Jane
05-09-2007, 08:53 AM
Hi ladies,

I couldn't sleep, so I got up and went to Walmart before 5:00 this morning. They were stocking the shelves, and it was tricky to get around, but I did like the peace and quiet of the early morning.

Today I'm making a casserole to send to Terry's and his family. Gina's family has been helping out, too, and so has Mary. Also going to get my laundry done, and clean the baths. It's supposed to be hot and humid today - blech. I don't mind "hot" but don't like "humid", lol.

Pink Jane - you're doing great - keep it up!

Sue - those hostas sell fast around here! You may still be able to get one at a large nursery. Btw, they don't seem to get nearly as big as the old fashioned ones, just so you'll know. YAY for getting the bike ride in.

Cristina - I think it's really neat that your and your friends are doing the Walk to Iraq. Gives exercise a whole new outlook, doesn't it?

Marti - how's the house coming along?

Sassy - I agree that size discrimination is out there and running wild. If it were race, religion, handicap, age, or sex discrimination, we'd have a law to protect us. I guess some (not all) people feel our size is something most of us could do something about, and mislabel us as lazy, inadequate and/or lacking intelligence. Regardless, I feel your pain.

Jodi - hope you're having a good day.

A big hello to everyone else! :wave:

Have a great day!

Jane
05-09-2007, 10:54 AM
(Edited out)

onmyown
05-09-2007, 11:27 AM
Jane ~ Jackson is absolutely adorable! :) Love the BIG picture! haha! The bigger the better!
Sassy ~ ignore the ignorant! :) Just concentrate on your small successes and know that you are in the right place. We are here for you! Take it hour by hour.

Ladies...Well, I don't have a lot of time here. I wanted to share something I did yesterday. I was behind on my personal goal so I wanted to boost it. So I did a JUICE FAST. I have done them many times before. But not for years. Well, you're not suppose to have anything but the juice and water. So I didn't have my usual diet cokes. And my head throbbed. I might have to have a diet coke today just to help my head. But I was down 2.5 pounds from yesterday on it. I just like it because it gives me a boost and helps clean out anything toxic in my system. It's a cleansing thing. But it's hard and I don't expect others to follow it. For me tho it was good. haha! But my head...ohhh...makes me realize how dependent I am on caffeine. shucks. I hate being dependent on anything. haha...

OK...Have a great day girls! I'll talk to you all tomarrow.

Tina

Sassy_Chick
05-09-2007, 12:54 PM
Thanks Jane.

Yeah a lot of people think its acceptable to treat people who are larger in size like crap and we shouldn't complain about it. It also irritates me when people who are not of a larger size think that its "no big deal". Well if it happened to you, then yes it would be a big deal.

Like you said if I were discriminated against my sex, race, or if I had a disability, then I have laws on my side. It just really really irks me how people think its acceptable.

Well it just keeps getting better. I guess the apt. complex decided today to jackhammer all of the sidewalks. Luckily we don't have to work tonight, or I'd be complaining. I wonder how they would like it if I went and jackhammered under their bedroom window at 4 am.

DH took FIL to the dr. FIL has to have another test done. Also FIL's sisters and brother-in-law are coming into town on Friday from Tennessee, FIL wanted DH to take off of work to take them to this international grocery store we have here. DH is like um I can't take off work on that short of notice. I understand that its family and all, but um we can't help that we work weekends and nights. If they um I don't know maybe would have planned this ahead of time, then yeah DH could have gotten off of work. It just irks me how everybody just assumes that we can just take off of work like its nothing. We have to battle for every night we do get off. I mean if it was an emergency or something, then yeah he'd take off, but its not.

Anyways, guess I am just majorly grumpy from oh I dunno getting woke up by a huge jackhammer going right under my bedroom window.

Have a Nice Day.

BTW: Jane, Jackson is adorable. :)

:hug:

FrouFrou
05-09-2007, 02:01 PM
Hi ladies...

JANE...Jackson is soooooo cute!

SASSY...I hear ya...your day sounded like the beginning of mine. These darn construction workers have no respect for anyone. I was up at 6:30 this morning with blaring music. To top it off, later on when I was leaving the cement truck was washing his truck out in our yard. I know it's just dirt but come on. Umm, yes they heard from me. Aplologized and cleaned up their mess. I don't know why people are this way. But...4 a.m. :yikes: There are ordinances and if I were you I would have called the police. And about people being mean and insenstive of others size...I am with ya there. I don't think it matters about your size, race, etc. I just don't understand people being so mean now days period. Hope FIL is fine.

Took DD to the womens center to have her breast checked again after getting onto the guys next door, ugh. Trying to get some laundry done now and going to try and get a walk in. Not sure if that will happen or not. I have to go pick up our dining room table at about 2:30 then later on the family is headed to Olive Garden for dinner. Not often that we all do dinner together and I feel bad that Josh isn't here to. Anyway, after trying to nurse a headache now. Sometimes I just want to scream, and then runaway, lol.

Hope everyone is having a GREAT day!

PinkSands
05-09-2007, 09:03 PM
Good Evening Ladies:wave:

Another beautiful day here, no rain and in the 80's....was a quiet day around here...the boy is off tomorrow so no taxi service required LOL....Hubby called he's on his way to Atlanta once again...I've been getting up early and doing weights and some aerobics, Hip Hop Abs and then my treadmill in the evening, everything hurts LOL but it's a good pain at least...well just wanted to check in gonna cook a chicken breast for my dinner and then see what's on the tube...Have a Good Evening All.

Jane - OMG Jackson is Gorgeous!!! Congrats again

Sassy - Hang in there

Pink Jane

Sassy_Chick
05-09-2007, 09:41 PM
SASSY...I hear ya...your day sounded like the beginning of mine. These darn construction workers have no respect for anyone. I was up at 6:30 this morning with blaring music. To top it off, later on when I was leaving the cement truck was washing his truck out in our yard. I know it's just dirt but come on. Umm, yes they heard from me. Aplologized and cleaned up their mess. I don't know why people are this way. But...4 a.m. :yikes: There are ordinances and if I were you I would have called the police. And about people being mean and insenstive of others size...I am with ya there. I don't think it matters about your size, race, etc. I just don't understand people being so mean now days period. Hope FIL is fine.

Took DD to the womens center to have her breast checked again after getting onto the guys next door, ugh. Trying to get some laundry done now and going to try and get a walk in. Not sure if that will happen or not. I have to go pick up our dining room table at about 2:30 then later on the family is headed to Olive Garden for dinner. Not often that we all do dinner together and I feel bad that Josh isn't here to. Anyway, after trying to nurse a headache now. Sometimes I just want to scream, and then runaway, lol.

Hope everyone is having a GREAT day!

Thanks, well they weren't here jack-hammering at 4 a.m., that was my "example" of how it would be for "Day Shift" people. When we sleep during the day, nobody gives a darn. I understand that we are in the minority and that they have to do it during the day, but it still makes it tough. I'm just glad we are off tonight. I'm glad you said something to your workers. I didn't have a choice as like I said, we are in the minority. I always told hub, "Wouldn't it be nice to have a 3rd shift community??" You know where they don't do things like that until at least later in the afternoon. lol. I guess they really couldn't but it was a nice thought. lol.

I think everybody should be treated with respect, no matter what and it just really irks me that size discrimination is so "accepted".

I hope your headache goes away and that you enjoyed your dinner with your family! Hey if you runaway, can I come with ya? lol.

Big :hug:

Sassy_Chick
05-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Sassy - Hang in there

Pink Jane

TY.

Sassy_Chick
05-09-2007, 09:43 PM
Sassy ~ ignore the ignorant! :) Just concentrate on your small successes and know that you are in the right place. We are here for you! Take it hour by hour.

Tina

TY Tina! I didn't see your message until now, I was kinda "out of it" earlier today! lol. :hug:

suetalks
05-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Jane- Oh My Gosh..that picture is wonderful, so adorable...so real I can almost smell that baby scent. I wanna hold him..... How have all the "grand" girls taken to having a baby boy in the family? I bet they can't wait to show him all the neat things about grandma's house. :)

Sassy- Sorry that you have had jackhammering and insensitive remarks....life sucks some days. Like you I can't believe people can be so rude.

Tina- I can't believe you can lose 2 or 3 pounds so quickly...takes me forever to lose a pound. I don't think I could do the fast.

Pink Jane- You are continuing to amaze me. Keep up the good work.

Cristina- Maybe those guys thought you wanted a cement yard....ha. Well...it would keep down the weeds. :) Talk about rude people.

I had a nice day with my DD, Mom and ex IL's. It was DD's birthday. She was actually born on Mother's Day 42 years ago. Ugh...how old does that make me? Anyway we went to the neatest greenhoouses and to lunch there at a tea room. Was fun.
I got a few groceries this afternoon and then fixed dinner. DH and I walked 2 miles. Watched Idol...and that was my day.
Food continues to be a rough one for me, but I am doing better. I actually lost a pound. (couldn't resist weighing this morning)
We finally got a nice steady rain for a couple hours and the plants all appreciated that.

Have a good Thurs. ladies.

sz2atheart
05-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Happy Thursday Ladies!!

Jane--Wow, 5 a.m. at Wally World. We don't have any 24hr Walmarts. They are finally building a Walmart Superstore not far from me and hopefully it will be open 24 hr. Jackson is beautiful!! You must be so proud!!

Sue--I love hostas and have a few but the moles seem to love them more.

Tina--LA Weightloss wants you to do a fruit juice thing the first 48 hr. But they give you very minimun food intake with it. It does work. I think it mostly cleans you out, losing several pounds and really gives your morale a boost. Congrats on the 30 lbs!!

Sassy--I hear ya hun!! People can be jerks! I have to work tonight and tomorrow night and will probably have to turn the air on to block out the outside noise.

Cristina--Good luck on the miles. Josh will be so proud. I see you are looking at sprinklers. We have an irrigation system in our yard and it's the next best thing to sliced bread.

Jodi--Feeling better?

Mindee--How's the family?

Marti--All moved in?

Hello to all that I missed!! I have had a very busy hectic week. I had a wonderful time at the beach last weekend. Spent too muck $$ and, of course, ate too much. Did a $300 impulse buy on two wall hangings for my dining room. Was attempting to replace the last of dh's ex-wife (there is still a little of her literaly hanging around. lol!) I brought them home and immediately took down the old and hung these up and my heart sank. Although the colors were perfect, they were a little too contemporary for the room. After looking at dh's "I told you so" look, I decided to re-do the entire room. I'm going to replace the curtains, paint and paper under the chairrail and replace the fabric on the dining chairs. I probably should just sell the wall hangings on e-bay!!! Would be cheaper!!

I also had a funeral to go to yesterday. My Aunt/Godmother. She was 79 and in very poor health. On a better note, it was great to see my cousins and finally exchange e-mail address and catch up. We had a great reception after the funeral with no tears and only happy reunions.

I have to go now and return wall paper books, pick up some annuals at home depot and hit the grocery store before going to work tonight. I have finally decided to join WW this monday!! Can't seem to control my sweet tooth and need to start being accountable. Myrtle beach vacation is only 8 weeks away!!

onmyown
05-10-2007, 03:23 PM
Tammy...yeah I needed that boost to motivate me further...i'm sure it's mostly water but it looks good...haha! I actually went down a total of 3.5 from it. Back on food today...whoop whoop. And I shopped for a new pr of jeans yesterday my current pair are...baggy...whoop whoop..so I got a size 10....CAN YOU FREAKIN' BELIEVE IT? I couldn't ... :)

FrouFrou
05-10-2007, 04:14 PM
Just a quick HI for now :wave:

Busy day but wanted to stop by and say HI.

Will have more time tomorrow to post.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

onmyown
05-10-2007, 05:35 PM
JUST FOR YOU GUYS>>>

Before and NOW...more to come!!!! (after I get closer to my goal) :) haha! The before one was the REASON I did this in the first place...scary stuff!!!!
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/togosmerced05/IMG_5049.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/togosmerced05/IMG_6598-1.jpg

PinkSands
05-10-2007, 09:33 PM

Doin a quick check in tonite during a commerical LOL CSI is on!!!...Hope everyone had a Great Day...was a quiet day around here again except for my bones creakin while I was exercising LOL...Hubby is on his way to Chicago...well CSI is back on so off I go...Have a Good Evening All.

Pink Jane

suetalks
05-10-2007, 10:14 PM
My night for tv also. Grey's and ER. Hope you all had a good day.
I took Mom and Baby for Baby to get a haircut..lol. Did the ironing..ugh!
Got in a 2 mile walk, but know I need to ramp it up a bit....soon.
Good Friday all.....

Sassy_Chick
05-10-2007, 10:43 PM
You all are doing great..........wish I was. :cry:

At least with me not feeling well, I don't eat that much.......

Have a Great One and Keep up the good work.

Jane
05-11-2007, 09:02 AM
Hello ladies,

Tina - OMG! What a difference - you're doing great.

Cristina - I won't be able to be on the computer much this weekend, if at all, so I wanted to say:

:gift::cp::balloons: Happy Birthday, Cristina!:balloons::cp::gift:

To all of the Jaded Ladies, I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day either as a mama, or as a daughter celebrating with your mama, or both. :hug:

onmyown
05-11-2007, 10:07 AM
Jane...thanks!! That first picture is a mess but it was a great motivation to take action. ;P
Sassy...hey hon..what can I do for you? What's going on? Are you on a program right now? Let me know if there is anything that I can do or say to help you feel better or to get motivated. :) Just do things for YOU and don't worry about what other people say or do around you. You need to think about numero uno. I know this because I was putting myself last for so long and it got me nooooowhere. And now I feel better about myself and this all in only 3 months pretty much. So we can move mountains when we get motivated. You just have to say I'm going to do this for me right now...not tomarrow not in the next week...NOW..right this second. And just start making those small changes or big ones...just hafta do it. OK? Let me know if you need anything!
Oops..Christina...HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARLING! :)

Tina

FrouFrou
05-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Hello ladies, and a HAPPY FRIDAY to YOU!

TINA...WOW! I am impressed! You look GREAT! What a difference...you are a totally new woman! I like your hair. :woohoo: Keep on truckin' missy! I printed out your pictures to put on a poster I made that motivates me to keep moving. WTG :carrot: Thank you fo rthe BD wishes.

JANE...you too, thank you for the BD wishes. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

SASSY...:hug: :hug: lots of hugs to you missy. And, ditto what Tina said. We are here for you so please remember that. :hug: :hug:

SUE...WTG on your walking. :carrot: I need a haircut!

TAMMY...yeah, I agree! We didn't have sprinklers in the last house and I told DH this one we will! It was a pain in the booty to water the last yard and I am not going thru that again, lol. Lots of exercise though, lol. Hey, at least buying the paintings you get a new room out of it, lol! Sorry to hear about your Aunt.

MINDEE...how are those babies?

PINKJANE...I must say, I was a little lost with CSI last night. I watch My Name is Earl and The Office before CSI and they both were 40 mns long so missed the very beginning of CSI.

HI to everyone else :wave:

Not a lot going on. Today was supposed to be a relaxing day but not. Had to run some errands and get some balloons for V. Washed my car, rather had it washed and then planted some things in the front between the boxwoods. It's a ground cover with purple flowers that I love. Can't do much with the rest of the yard yet, but this side part next to the walkway is almost done. I'm getting itchy to do things, lol. Bought some carpet roses yesterday as well. They are soooo pretty. Now to figure out where they will go, lol. Anyway, gotta do my walk and some laundry. Going to go ahead and wish you lovely ladies a wonderful weekend since I won't be on the computer at all. Have a very busy weekend planned with Saturday being the busiest, so...

A very HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to you!

Sassy_Chick
05-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Hey Tina & Cristina, thanks a lot. I shouldn't have read this at work, it got me all teary eyed. lol.

I think its just mainly a lot going on right now with my in-laws health, esp. my fil, and now my health, I got the results back from the ultrasound, well partially. DH called and spoke with the nurse, she didn't go into detail. I will find out more at my appt. But so far I know I have Cysts, which I know is a common thing for my disease: PCOS. But I think once I get "ME" back in "working" order once again, I think that will help a bunch. ;) My appetite has decreased tremendously though. DH even asked me this morning when going home, are you sure your okay and not hungry, you didn't eat a lot at dinner. But I just was not hungry! :woohoo: It actually felt good to say that! Okay I guess I should have eaten something, a piece of fruit, yogurt, something, but I just was not hungry. I instead drank 16 oz of water, I was just so thirsty! I have noticed that lately that is about all I've been wanting lately: water. :)

I did get me some oatmeal to eat so at least that is something healthy to have in the AM when I get home from work. (if I am hungry that is) I just think once things "calm down" a bit that I will be able to do more. Also my mom is coming up to stay with us for a few days and she said she would help me and maybe we can take walks together. (we used to do that ALL the time when I lived back "home")

I think mostly I need someone to encourage me and not put me down, as the putting down part does not work for me, it just makes me want to give up and eat.

Well I guess that is all, thanks again, you gals are great!

Tina: I will PM you my email addy if you want to email me personally, etc! Let me know if you also would like to exchange home addresses, if you would like to exchange cards, etc. (I love sending and receiving cards!)

Cristina -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! So sorry I forgot and didn't get to send you a card! :doh: I can't seem to remember anything anymore!!!!! I hope you had a great day!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to you ALL -- SO I don't forget! lol.

suetalks
05-11-2007, 10:20 PM
:balloons:

Cristina... :bday2you:

Jaded Ladies.... have a :sunny: week-end and a
HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY.

suetalks
05-11-2007, 10:23 PM
Not feeling tip top here ... I started walking and got less than a mile when I felt sooo sick.
Didn't do much today..weeding, cleaning the birdbath and filling the feeders.
Cleaned some inside too. Nothing going on tomorrow either, but will do some cooking for a Sunday family get together. (hope to goodness I feel better)

sz2atheart
05-12-2007, 12:30 AM
Happy Birthday Cristina!! :celebrate:

Tina--Wow!! You look great!! What an inspiration to us all!! Keep up the good work :bravo:

Sassy--Sweetie, keep your chin up. It will get better. I know how you feel when someone puts you down. Criticism can put a real damper on one's mood but praise will do wonders.

Sue--Hope you are not getting sick for mother's day weekend :(

I'm at work right now doing my dreaded night shift but wanted to wish everyone a Wonderful Mother's Day!!

FED up
05-12-2007, 10:42 AM
Hello Everyone!

Things have been so busy around here. I've been busy at work and busy with my children's school activities. I try to chaperone on each field trip my kids have, so I've been to many in the past month....end of year trips. Yesterday the 5th and 6th graders visited Islands of Adventure in Orlando.

Losing wt is still the main goal of myself and my 2 daughters. They are looking so GOOD! Both of them have been getting so many compliments from family and friends. It really helps boost their confidence and desire to keep going--especially for my 6th grader--she has always been chubby, and now her friends and teachers are telling her how small she is becoming! But the best and most important thing is, how much healthier our lifestyle is becoming!
We're still going to Curves - for them it's 3 nights a week, and for me 4 or 5 days.

Well, I'm going to take some time to catch up on my reading here, and I want to wish everyone a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Marti
05-12-2007, 11:55 AM
Morning Ladies!! :wave:

Been totally enjoying our Spring weather and tending to our yard, making it pretty. Not a lot of time to spend on the computer.

Today Jhanai & I will be hanging out at my sister's place....gonna get myself a haircut. Desperately needing one.

Cristina--Happy Birthday!!!!! :celebrate: :bday2you:

Tina--GREAT photos! You look fantastic. Very inspiring. I hope you've posted them in the goal photo gallery area!

I need to get off the computer for awhile....I'll be back later tonight to do individuals for the rest of ya!

Hugs!

Katiecat
05-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Just popping in to say hi :wave: We are leaving for Disney World tonight :yay: millions of things left to do...

Working half time has been challenging, arm gets very sore by mid-morning. I have another follow up appt with my surgeon when I get back from vacation.

I am so seldom here now, that there are so many new names and faces -- :welcome2: Welcome to all the newer Jaded Ladies!

Cristina, :bday2: :celebrate: :woo: hope you have a great birthday!

Sassy, hang in there, hon. If you've been feeling really down and have no appetite, you are doing the right thing to try to pick healthy things when you DO feel like eating :cp: Oatmeal is really good for you, and lots of water, of course -- good choices :yes: I had a friend w/PCOS, and I know it was rough on her. Take care of yourself, hope you start feeling better soon. :hug:

Sue, sorry to read you've been sick, too :( Doesn't sound like you "didn't do much" -- weeding and cleaning the birdbath, cleaning inside...try to get some rest, and hope you feel better soon, too :getwell:

Tina -- these are the first posts I've seen from you (shows you how long it's been since I've logged on here! :rofl:) But it looks like you are doing great, from those before and after shots -- you look slimmer, of course, but also happier, healthier, and YOUNGER! :bravo: Great inspiration and encouragement for all of us!

I have a friend at work I haven't seen for months (since I've been off with this injury). She's always been a short kinda chunky gal, and when I came back, holy toledo! She doesn't even look like the same person! Very trim, fit, wearing really flattering clothes...I asked what she was doing, and she said all she did was start working out at the gym at work regularly -- trying to watch what she eats somewhat, but the exercise is what really paid off :lifter: :ebike: :woops: :exercise:

My goal at Disney World is to not gain any weight. I know we will have treats and indulgent food, but we will be walking a LOT and drinking a LOT of water. And I will try to make wise choices on the menus, but I'm not going to worry about it too much for this week. :D

By the time I get back, you'll be pages and pages ahead, I'm sure, so I'll try to catch up then...hello to all the other JL's out there :D

PinkSands
05-12-2007, 09:06 PM

Just did my 60 on the treadmill and thought I would check in...gorgeous day today...Hubby just called he's on his way to Michigan then to Wisconsin...nothing much goin on around here...gonna make a turkey taco salad for my dinner, then watch a movie...Have a Great Evening All.

Happy Mother's Day

Tina - Your doing Awesome and looking gorgeous! I see where your daughter gets her looks.

Sassy - Keep smilin :)

Cristina - Happy Birthday:woo: ( I so want Grissom and Lady Heather to get together LOL)

Sue - Hope your feeling better

Katiecat - Take me with you!!!! I am so jealous!!! LOL I have to wait till Sept for our next visit to the House of the Mouse, Have a Great time!!!!

Pink Jane

Sassy_Chick
05-12-2007, 09:14 PM
Hi Ladies. :wave:

I want to say from the bottom of my heart, Thank You All for your kind words and support. :grouphug: I know its not easy reading about how "miserable" I am day in and day out. I am going to really make an effort to stay positive, because that will help me, as well. ;)

Today I was very very stupid. But I learned something: listen to my body, it is honestly rejecting bad things and won't let me over eat anymore. Which is a good thing! :carrot: I want to seriously go shopping for some healthy snacks to have here at work, instead of hitting the *horror music* vending machine.

So here is too a new and more positive approach to life. *clink*

Again, thanks a lot, you ladies rock!

suetalks
05-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Hi ladies...Yes, I am feeling better. Thank you all for your concern.
I did some grocery shopping first thing this a.m. Getting ready for company tomorrow. Came home and cooked a roast for bar-b-que beef and made some cole slaw. Did a little yard work, but not much. :)
I rode the bike 2 miles tonight and walked just 3/10 of a mile. Then did a little of the Oz workout. I ate pretty well today.....cut off time for food was 6:30. I am trying to cut out snacks again. That seemed to do the trick for getting me started last month. *fingers crossed*

Have a good Sunday and Happy Mom's Day all....

Marti
05-12-2007, 11:50 PM
Hello Ladies!! :wave:

Sorry I haven't been around as much, just been pretty occupied w/the yard and enjoying the weather. I have come to love working on the yard and making it look pretty!:D Today Jhanai & I went w/my sister to one of the Nurseries. Got a lot of plants and some climbing flowers, Clamatis & Wisteria's. (not sure if I'm spelling those right!)Anyway, lets see if I can quickly get up to speed here!

Jane--How is the grandbaby?? I bet you can't wait to have a grandma's day w/him when he gets older. How is Gina doing now after having him? My house is pretty much the way I'm going to leave it. I think the office room is the only room that needs to be worked on.....but it was like that at the other place too!!:o

Tina--I've heard of the juice fast diet. Not one to want to ever try it but who knows. You're looking great, and I'm glad you shared your photos. You should feel proud. We ought to bring back up our photo thread. Probably too old. But maybe I'll start a "Before, During, & After" photo thread. That's if anyone else would like to share.

Sassy--Working nights is hard when you're trying to get some sleep and the rest of the world goes about their day. Make it hard and understandable when we become grumpy. Listening to our bodies is something I'm continually trying to do. I'm so stubborn and hate to do it at times, but you know.......it's smarter than my brain! I'll toast to your "positive approach" to life! **clink** :cheers: And I also wanted to agree w/what the others have already said....we're here for you, so if you need anything just give us a holler and we'll do what we can to help, encourage, support and cheer you on. That's the great thing about this place....you find wonderful friends! :grouphug:

Sue--Glad to hear that you're feeling better. So tell me, what is the OZ workout? While I was at my sisters I saw her books "You on a diet" and I forgot to glance through them. Been wanting to do that, but got distracted. I need to cut out snacks too.....I think I need to start buying veggie snacks. I love them, just don't tend to buy them.

Tammy--Sorry to hear about your aunt. It's sad when it takes a funeral to see family you haven't seen in awhile isn't it? There were cousins I hadn't seen in YEARS when my grandma passed away. Myrtle beach......so should I start packing now? :D

Cristina--Hope you're having a wonderful birthday. AND a wonderful romantic Anniversary! Hope you're having the time of your life and if you can.......share w/us what you did! ;)

PinkJane--I was just checking out your ticker....you have done an outstanding job so far w/losing almost 50lbs!! How inspiring! I read about all your exercising and want to do some too! Keep up the great work, you're going to reach goal in no time!

Judy--Awww....what a great thing for your DD's to get compliments. At that age it's a great self esteem booster! I started walking my DD around our neighborhood. We get to check out the area and get exercise and on top of that....do some talking. Mother/Daughter bonding....wonder if she's caught on yet?? :lol:

MaryKate--Ooooohhhh.,.....I'm jealous. I want to go to Disney World someday. Don't know if I'll ever make it that far....but I should since my sister lives in Florida and is only 20mins from it! I should at least go visit her sometime!

Hello to all the other girls out there!! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

Ok....this took much longer than anticipated so I better get moving. You have a great night!!

Marti
05-13-2007, 12:14 PM
:hug: Happy Mother's Day!!! :hug:

Sassy_Chick
05-13-2007, 07:30 PM
Well I am proud of me! :D I listened to my body and only ate when I was hungry, truely and honestly HUNGRY! :carrot: I know there will be days/nights that I slip, but I know I can get back up and dust myself off and start again! If I need extra "inspiration" or just a kick in the behind, I can come here and ask for it. ;)

I hope you all had a really great Mother's Day! I talked w/ my mom online lastnight and before work this afternoon. She has a new Beau, I feel like I have a teenager rather than a mother! lol. Its really cute! lol. She comes up in about a week and I can't wait! :D

It is a positively GORGEOUS DAY outside! Too bad I am "trapped" inside this office building! lol. Oh well after tonight I'm off for 3 nights! Then after I work my 40 hrs next weekend, I will be off the week of the 21st-25th and spending time with my mom! :D DH also got off and today our coworker said he would come in and work for DH on Friday (25th) so DH can be off and spend time with my mom and me too! :D :D :D :dance: :celebrate:

Again I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the inspiration you all have given me and I do appologize for being so miserable before, I know that is no fun to read at all!

Have a Great Evening!

onmyown
05-14-2007, 09:32 AM
Hey girls...if you all can go over quickly and give Brit a vote...that'd be nice! Her site had been down for a long time but it's up again and I'm trying to secure her position to go into the second round. ;)

http://216.117.193.21/modeling/profile.asp?SmashBox_ProfileID=1254194

It's MONDAY!!! Let's start the week off good. I kinda ate off yesterday. But it could've been WAY worse. :P I did eat popcorn at the movies last night. I'm slightly up on my digital but nothing to freak out over. haha!

I gotta go get the kids moving now...schoooool!

Jane
05-14-2007, 09:36 AM
A quick Good Morning to you ladies. The weekend went by too fast, and here it is another Monday. I had a great day yesterday and hope you did, too. I went off program a little too much, but am right back OP today, with my food list in place.

My plans for the day are to get the laundry done, do some cleaning, then later I'll be getting a shot of cortisone in my foot. Youch!

Have a great day. :hug:

FrouFrou
05-14-2007, 01:49 PM
Hello Ladies...

MARTI...glad you are enjoying your new home, and...working in the yard.

JANE...thank you for the beautiful BD card...it is really nice :thanks:

SASSY...good for you missy for listening to your body! And...glad your mom is going to help you. :carrot: :hug:

JUDY...kids can be so mean so I am glad that your DD's are getting compliments on their weight loss. Nothing better than hearing you look good!

MARYKATE...hope you guys have a GREAT vacation at DW! Okay, so that is a dumb thing to say, of course you are going to have a great time, lol! Sorry your arm is still a bother.

PINKJANE...I would love to see Grissom with anyone but who he is with, or was with. :shrug: I do not like that woman...they make a funny couple.

SUE...glad you are feeling better. BBQ beef and cole slaw sounds delicious.

Hi everyone else! :wave:

Thank you ladies for the birthday wishes! :thanks: Hope everyone had a nice Mothers Day.

Today is WI and I am happy to say I am down 1.8 pounds. Think I will do a ticker factory thingy since it shows the 1/2 and such.

Had a terrible weekend! :( My back went out Saturday morning, early and the whole weekend was shot! Better today but still walking around like the hunchback of Notre Dame, lol. We are supposed to have a yard sale this weekend and I think that is out. Wasn't able to go to the storage shed and get things out. V said I could sit in the truck as he got stuff out but what about when we got home? So thinking the yard sale will have to wait for another day. Going to see how I am Thursday and see if I can manage it alone, well, me and DD. V has to work. Anyway...it's put a halt to my exercise too, bummer :( Just when I was getting a good start. DD was right, it will take me 30 years to get to Iraq and back, lol!

Take care ladies and enjoy your day! :hug: :hug:

suetalks
05-14-2007, 10:20 PM
Oh Cristina..I hope your back is improving. Nothing worse than that. Hope you had a wonderful BD...in spite of the bad back.

Jane...Glad you had a nice Sunday. Don't feel too bad, I am sure most of us ate something we shouldn't have. I know I had cake....two days in a row. Yikes.

Tina...You have done soooo well. Love your avatar photo. Yes, I will go vote...

Marti...The OZ workout is just a 20 minute exercise routine in the book. Starts with some stretching and has a little yoga and is pretty easy. I am trying to do it 3 times a week, but actually could and should do it daily.

Sassy...Sounds like you are taking control of your feelings/actions. It isn't easy...but we can do it gal! Have fun with your Mom.

Judy, MaryKate, Pink Jane...Hello, glad you are well and hope you had a nice Mother's Day.

My Sunday was nice. Both of my CA kids called in the morning. DS was in a talkative mood...DD is always in a talkative mood. LOL
DD who lives here and her family came for dinner, which was really nice. She was born on Mother's Day...but it didn't fall on it this year. I didn't walk yesterday and you know I over-ate.
So, today I managed to ride the bike 3 miles. I have plans to get it up to 4 miles by the week-end. I really enjoy it more than walking...since DH walks slower than I like to walk and it is frustrating to try to walk with him. I miss my walking buddy from the other neighborhood. (but I do like to walk with DH if I just want to stroll and talk)
I did laundry and changed beds today. We planted a new rose bush and 25 bulbs. Mulched a new area out front with a burning bush and bulbs. Yard is looking nice, but I keep waiting for things to GROW. :) We have to re-do some areas of grass and have some top soil being delivered Thurs. More shoveling!
WI today and I was still down the 1 pound from mid week...which I thought I would gain back over the week-end. That is only 7 pounds total...but I am shooting for 10 SOON.
DH went to the Dr. last week and he had lost 5 pounds..without even trying. Grrrrrr.

Okay ladies...gotta scoot. Tomorrow is another day...keep up the good work and I will try to also.

sz2atheart
05-14-2007, 10:37 PM
Just a quickie here!!

I went to my first WW meeting today!! Yikes...I have to lose 14 lbs to get to my 10% goal. Gotta change the ticker!! DH got a little sarcastic with me with a "So, what are you going to do different this time?" I blasted him, right in from of my DD. I told him that every time he has said that in the past that it made me more determined to prove him wrong and then when I failed, it just make me feel worse. Well this time, I am doing it totally for myself, with or without his encouragement. My DD got up and gave me a big hug and said that she believed in me, made DH feel like crap and he was pretty much quiet for the rest of the night. I would love to get my sis to join me and might ask her in a few weeks. She is probably about 275 lbs and just broke up with her FOB (father of baby, otherwise known as the sp**m donor) and could really use a little boost in her self esteem. Well wish me luck on my first day of counting points tomorrow! It's a little late and I'm heading to bed to read. I'll do personals later.

Cristina--hope your back feels better!

Where's Mindee???

onmyown
05-15-2007, 02:00 PM
Yeah Where did Mindee go?

Well, I've been prone to cheat since mothers day. I thought it was my day and I went off a little and yesterday same thing...so hopefull today I can straighten up my act. I got upset and went back to my old defense mechanism...the ol' why and who am I doing this for (after dh went off and was all in a bad mood) :P So I talked myself into eating something not so good. I so badly want to get into the 160's. I'm close. So I don't know what it's going to take to get back into it. I just hadn't tasted certain things for so long and started going on a taste test. :P

Tina:?:

I'll do personals later....I have to go run some errands. T

FrouFrou
05-15-2007, 03:35 PM
Hello All...

TINA & TAMMY...sorry your hubby's were being meanies. :hug:

TINA...I know you will get back on track...you are doing great and I know you will be in the 160's in no time at all!

TAMMY...glad DD was there for you. Maybe you can get your sis to join with you soon. And good luck with WW! You'll do GREAT!

SUE...MEN! lol V loses without trying too! You are doing great with your walking and biking so keep it up! Hey, my BD falls on MD every 4 years and should be next year. V's falls on Easter every few years, and my first DH's fell on Thanksgiving every four years. Always made the days more special. BD was nice in spite of the back. Your yard is sounding pretty. We still can't even get anything done. The well guy said it would take a good 2 weeks to even get in the back to do that, and the tree guy can't get in the back. Just when it gets nice and dries out some it rains again. We had some storms this morning so it's wet again and the weeds are taking over! :yikes: We did manage to plan some things though. Can't finish the bed across the front because we have to leave the side open so the trucks can get back there. And V planted a maple yesterday...took most of the evening. We bought a good size one rather than a little one. Most of the other will be just small, baby trees. Again, can't do much more than what we have done until the patio is in, the well and those trees cut down in the back. They are some kind of hedge tree with big thorns and are on the property line. They have to come down so we can put in the sprinklers, sod and the fence...whooo, lot of work. You;ll have to share some pictures of your yard.

You know, I too was wondering and thinking about Mindee. Where are ya missy? Hoping all is well with you. I know you are busy with three little ones.

JANE...how is Gina, Terry & little Jackson doing? Bet Terry is one proud poppa!

Hi to everyone else :wave:

I really hate not being able to do much of anything. Trying to take it as easy as possible so I don't make my back worse. Not getting much done around the house but have managed to keep up with the laundry. Really disappointed that I can't walk or exercise. :(

Hope everyone is having a good day! :hug:

PinkSands
05-15-2007, 08:23 PM

I tried to check in last nite but kept getting a database error...was 90 here yesterday and today I am freezing LOL I think we might have hit 65 today...Hubby is on his way to Detroit, he is thrilled to say the least LOL...just did my 60 on the treadmill and now I am gonna cook a chicken breast and watch Deadliest Catch...Have a Good Evening All.

Pink Jane

Marti
05-16-2007, 12:12 AM
Hi gals!!

This is just a fly by as I need to get dinner done and then get a walk in and some other stuff. Why does the day have to end when you have so much to do??

Got our garden started. It's a small one but we have one!! :D

Ok...must get.

I will chat more about everything when I have more time.

Hugs!:hug:

Jane
05-16-2007, 09:07 AM
Hello ladies,

Mary Kate - ooooohhhhh, I wish I was with you in WDW!!! 9 1/2 more months until I'll be there.... Tell us all about it when you get back!

Sue - what kind of bulbs did you plant? And yes, men lose so much faster than women that it truly isn't fair!

Sassy - yep, you can always come here for inspiration, and we'll all help you stay OP.

Tammy - good luck with starting WW today. I think you'll do very well with it. And I'm sorry what your DH said to you - you'll just have to show him a thing or two, right? What gets me is that you aren't very overweight in the first place!

Tina - are you back on track today? It's dangerous to get those ol' taste buds all worked up, isn't it? I'm rooting for you!

Cristina - yw for the card. So sorry about your back, and hope it's better today. About the weeds, I use Preen and you wouldn't believe the difference! It has to be sprinkled when there are no weeds, since it only prevents more from coming up. But it works for about 3 months, and I like that. So when you get the weeds out, maybe you could use that.

PinkJane - the temps dropped here yesterday, too. We had high winds, and dust blew like crazy. Towns to the north and south had tornadic winds, so I'm counting my blessings.

Marti - what did you plant in your garden so far?

Hello to Jodi, Vann, Judith, Jen, Mindee and everyone else reading this. :wave:

Well ladies, I did it! I bought an elliptical machine, and it's about to kill me, lol. Actually, I don't get very far on it each time yet, but my goal is to increase the steps I take each time I use it.

My Steel Magnolias meeting is today, and I'm looking forward to that. I'm doing well OP, and hope you are, too.

Toodles!

FrouFrou
05-16-2007, 02:03 PM
Hiya Ladies...

JANE...thanks for the tip! I will have to remember that. Have a nice time at your meeting. I'm jealous...I have been wanting an elliptical for a while...maybe for Christmas.

PINKJANE...good job on your 60 mns.! :carrot:

MARTI... you are right...seems we never have enough time in the day.

Hi everyone else! :wave:

Nothing much going on. Had some errands to run...went to Bed, Bath & Beyond and pick up some Wedding Day scented candles. It's almost the only place that has any left and when they are gone, they are gone. Didn't find any placemats that I liked so went to Target. Decided on some plain black ones...looks nice on the new table and with the black in the valances. Felt good to get out and walk a little. May be doing the yard sale Saturday after all...feeling much better, just need to be careful. I figure Monday I will be able to get back to my walking and exercise, woohoo! Anywho...that's about all I have.

Have a good day ladies!

PinkSands
05-16-2007, 08:36 PM

It was a beautiful day but cool maybe 68 again, I had to put a sweater on this morning LOL...I weighed this morning and am down another pound...Hubby called and he has a load from Michigan to Iowa, it doesn't deliver till Monday so he will get to come home this weekend...I got our plane tickets and reserved our room and got the tickets to the Not So Scary Halloween Party today, so the countdown is on LOL, Hubby about cried when I said it was 116 days till we go LOL but it'll go fast it always does...well I am off to cook some turkey for dinner and watch a movie...Have a Good Evening All.

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is 116 days away!

suetalks
05-16-2007, 11:02 PM
Evening ladies...It is downright chilly here too. Sweatshirt weather again. I ran errands this morning and did some housework. (still working on that walk in closet, arranging things and un-packing some pictures, etc.) Picked up sticks and things the wind had blown our way...brrrr.
Tried to ride the bike tonight and the wind was fierce. Had almost gone 1 mile when the chain broke...so that ended that. I will be walking until we can get it fixed...if it is fixable.
I had forgotten to measure since the scales were not moving, so did that today. I am glad I did since it gave me a new boost...had lost 2 1/2 inches on my waist and 2 on my abdomen. I can see a difference in my legs, but didn't measure those when I started. Wish I had. I am sure I can get those scales to move by Mon. *hoping*

Jane- I planted 25 wind flower (anemone) bulbs. I have never seen them before, but thought they looked nice on the package. :) Various colors.

Pink Jane- Yay on your planned trip. Time will go quickly. How did you fix your turkey? Hope it was yummy. I have turkey on my list for the store tomorrow.

Cristina- (alias Froufrou??) Glad you are going to be able to get back to your exercise soon. Have good luck on the sale....I shall never have another one. LOL

I went to the co-op for a product that is like Preen and DH put it on the areas tonight. Hoping it works well and we don't have to weed. The builder had recommended it and Jane mentioning Preen got me going for it. I had been weeding something every day it seemed. I know it will take some time to get rid of the weeds that are already starting to grow...but might not have so many in the future. (or for 3 months :) ) We are getting a load of topsoil tomorrow and doing some re-seeding of the yard. I hope it fills in quickly.
My carpet roses are blooming as is the rose bush I got for Mother's Day. The peonies didn't bloom, but I had been warned that they might not this year. :( I am such a novice at this stuff. We had vegetable gardens before basically.

Okay...sorry to not finish individuals, but I am pooped. Have a good Thurs. everyone.

Marti
05-17-2007, 01:53 AM
Evening girls! :wave:

This week is half over! Only 2 days left and the weekend is here! Ok, let's see if I can catch up some....

Sassy--Hurray for listening to your body!! :cp: That is one thing that is hard to overcome for me....eating only when I'm truly hungry. So I think it's great that you did!! Yeah Sassy!

Tammy--Good luck w/WW! You'll do great. My ex was a terrible supporter. Never knew what to tell me. At my heaviest he told me that I "needed to do something and stick with, but we all know how that works." That upset me and I ended up losing 40lbs or more. So....just know that you have our support and we'll cheer you on for every 10% goal you reach until you reach your final goal. We're proud of you no matter what!! :hug:

Tina--Dont worry...you'll get to the 160's in no time. Sometime we just have to have our "day". Sorry hubby was in a bad mood. Especially around mothers day.....can't he wait for Father's day to be moody?? Anyway, keep up the good work, I just know you'll be reaching your goal soon.

Cristina--Hmmm.....FrouFrou, where did that come from? I thought we had a newbie on our hands! :) So sorry to hear about your back! Hubby was having some back issues and finally he went to his chiropractor. He's doing much better. I told him to stop waiting so long to go! Congrats on the weightloss!! Fantastic. I forgot to WI on Monday.....maybe in my head I didn't want to??? Anyway, I will step on the darn thing next Monday.

Jane--James did the planting in our garden. I will be the weed plucker! :lol: We planted tomatoes, lettuce, watermelon, acorn squash, artichokes and brussel sprouts. Talk about a strange variety!! I didn't go w/him when he bought the plants, so I'm not sure why he chose what he chose. But hey.....I should have plenty of salad in the next months!

PinkJane--90's?! Wow...that's too hot for me...and what a drastic change the next day. Hurray for the scale going down!! You know, we watch the deadliest catch here too. I'm not sure what it is about the show, but I sit glued to the tv when it's on.

Sue--I don't think I've ever heard of Preen. May have to look around. I was counting the rose bushes around this house the other day....we have 7 or 8 bushes around the house. I had no idea. I'm looking forward to seeing them bloom. The other house there was a rose bush that I had pruned and taken care of...it was a "Joseph's coat" variety...it was gorgeous when it bloomed. Landlord said I could take it, but I ran out of time to dig it up. James said he drove by it the other day and it's just glowing!!

Hello to all the other gals. Well, I think I need to take the dogs out to do their "thing" and then put myself to bed. I'm getting a little sleepy.

You all have a great night!

Marti
05-17-2007, 01:56 AM
You know what...we're so close to the end that I might as well start a new thread before I go to bed......

So....see ya at 252!