Old 05-08-2007, 08:59 PM   #1  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

Default Calling all number crunchers and seasoned cal counters

I know that no one can really tell me for sure, because everyone is different and I will just have to see what the scale says.. yadda yaa.. but (lol) I need some help maybe justifying going over my max cal count today.

The range I am trying to stay in is 1200-1550 cals. Today.. I had 1792 ( yowza) well.. I went to the gym and I did an hour of cardio.. 45 mins of VIGOROUS, shirt soaked in sweat, sweat dripping from my nose type cardio, machine says 605 cals burned. Then I did 15 mins of pretty moderate treadmill on a 5% incline, machine says 96 cals burned.

Now.. I am a 25 yo 5'4 female and a fluctuate between 164-160 these days.. and I have been packing this week and cleaning so my daily activity as been ANYTHING but sedentary, but.. according to fitday, with my stats ( at a desk job that I quit) I burn 2200 cals a day w.o any intentional exercise. So.. having said that.. I can still find comfort that I created a deficit today right? Please help.. me figure out this hooplahh. If I dont hit goal by July 4th. Im getting an effin' trainer lol.

Good news is.. the job I got is PHYSICAL work in a warehouse, 12 hour shifts 3 days a week... Its gonna kick my arse, but Im gonna love the calorie burn in the 9,000 degree environment. They are giving me a forklift too Be afraid
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:02 PM   #2  
Is on an Infinite Cut

Forgot to mention I also did some lifting as well.. oh yeah.. and I have been going over ALOT this week, they highest I have seen was 2400 but, ya know.. I had mexican, and it was good lol. So thats the only reason I was *trying* to keep the rest of the week kosher to kinda make up.. yeah well.. Ive had the munchies and I - DONT- KNOW- WHY. Its the week AFTER TOM dang it. I could understand if it was right before!
Old 05-09-2007, 08:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Calorie counters on exercise equipment like treadmills, bikes, etc. are inaccurate, and so are the calorie counters that tell you how many calories you burn each day/how many calories you should eat each day.

Every person is different, and they are guestimates only-so you can't really accurately figure your exact calorie deficit, or how many calories you burn during a workout. One person may lose on 1400 a day and 30 min. of treadmill a day, and the woman next to her won't. She might eat 1500 a day, but do an hour workout each day.

All you can basically do, is play with your calories and WHAT you are eating, and intensify your workouts when they become to easy as you get fitter (increase weights, speed, etc.).

It is all unique to the individual.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 147/130/130

Height: 5'4"

I have been using this calculator:

http://www.ahealthyme.com/topic/calneed

you can put in your weight, height, age, activity level and if you are trying to lose, maintain, or gain.

It has been very helpful for me to get an idea of where I should be...I am sure to go in and change my weight as I lose since I will need fewer calories. I try to keep my calories in a range between a light to moderate activity level, since that is probably what I am at.
amberj002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:05 AM   #5  
Is on an Infinite Cut

Thanks amber.. I put mine on moderate too because the light was 20-45 min of exercise 3 times a week, and I get 1 hour to 1.5 hours everyday but Sunday Then I get about 30-45. So according to that I am good for yesterday. Today is a brand new day so I am going to get back on track!

I am moving this weekend so a friend of mine wants to go have lunch today.. I was up all night looking for places I could go and not kill my cals for the day.. lol Chilis, and Olive Garden are the only two I could find with volume on less than 500 cals! Yowza.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:16 AM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I really try and keep my exercise and my eating separate. I really don't trust fitday or any other site for telling me exactly how many calories I burn. I eat what I eat and I burn what I burn. Nothing has one to do with the other. If one day I go over my calorie allotment I don't get too crazed, well maybe just a little. I really don't try to get in any extra exercise because of it. Just like on days when I get in A LOT of exercise - I don't eat any more then I normally would. It all evens out in the end.

Readytoshed, I wouldn't worry about going over your calories by a few hundred calories one day. It'll even out over the course of the week. Good luck to you with your move!

Last edited by rockinrobin; 05-09-2007 at 11:13 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:22 AM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Well... You did ask for feedback...

It sounds to me like you are looking for justification for eating off of your plan. I'm not going to give it to you! 2400 cals... Oh, yes? But it was really good... Oh, yes? Well, Mexican food is always really good, and so is Olive Garden, etc. etc.

The question is, are you on a weight loss program or not? Are you going to stay with it no matter what?

I don't mean to sound harsh--we all face challenging times now and then, and it doesn't mean you are a "bad person" if you need to take time off from your program. But if that's what you're doing, admit it--rather than trying to say it's kinda sorta OK because I did this and did that...

See what I mean? I'd like to see you hang in there and not run yourself ragged at the same time!

Cheers!
Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 05-09-2007 at 02:53 PM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:42 AM   #8  
Is on an Infinite Cut

lol.. funny. I didnt mean to sound like I did more exercise or that I exercised harder because of what I ate. I always exercise very hard.. hence the word .. WORKout lol. Im a very active person really... its just been the last week or so has killed me because everyone wants to say their good byes over dinner and/or cocktails.. lol. Just for me to face the number is progress. I figure though because I have been so busy and I have stepped up my exercise ( only because it was getting too easy) that Im not going to suffer a gain, which I shouldnt because though I have eatten alot of calories, im not so stuffed I could die or anything. Thats like today was roughly 1650-1700 too but here I am JUST finishing my last minute packing, and im hungry, geniunely hungry ( yesterday I just had munchies lol) but Im not gonna eat. Im going to go to sleep and just wait until in the morning. yay me
Old 05-10-2007, 08:04 AM   #9  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Wow, LOOK how close you are to your goal! You've been doing really well, so hang in there! The move will be DONE and then things will even out a bit...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote