Old 05-08-2007, 04:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/257/150

Height: 5'10"

Smile New Bird from Texas

Hi everyone! Newbie from Texas here!

My journey started yesterday at 260lbs! I made up my mind to lose weight two weeks ago when my 19 month old daughter dashed out in to the street. I can honestly say that I have never run that fast in my life. Not even when I was a child. BUT...I would have ran twice as fast had I not been carrying 110 extra pounds around!! By the grace of God she was not hurt but it makes me sick to think that I couldn't have caught her if a car would have been coming.

At 260lbs I can still barely move. My knees hurt constantly and I get winded going up a single flight of stairs. I am a lover of food and a binge eater extraordinaire!!! Ah Thank You! I could and have been living off of hamburgers, chocolate and soda Soda SoDa SODA for the past 19 months. I don't even want to talk about my love of the glazed donut.

My Manager, God love him, is paying for my membership at the gym that is downstairs from our office. WOOHOO!!! I'll begin going 5 days a week and start at just 20 minutes a day. I'm trying to eat well. God help me am I trying!!! It's hard. The cravings are overwhelming. And to think that almost 3 years ago I kicked a 17 year smoking habit cold turkey and have never looked back.

I'm here looking for help...support...understanding, etc and will most certainly give back 10 fold.

To a healthier life for us all!!!
Jenn
tsinitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:54 PM   #2  
Can't Doesn't Exist

S/C/G: 285/270/175

Height: 5'8"

HOORAY for another Texan!

We are almost the same weight, and although I'm most likely younger than you judging by the fact that you have a 19 month old daughter, I definitely know how you feel.

I also struggle with binge eating, and sometimes I find myself eating mindlessly even though I KNOW I am NOT hungry! It's so frustrating, but I'm doing it one little pound at a time, and it's worth every bit of effort I have to put into it.

You can do this! If I can do it, anyone can do it, and you're already taking the first steps on this journey. I'm here for you, and so is everyone else!
Astrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:56 PM   #3  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! Glad you're on board with us! You have found a wonderful, supportive group of people who are here to cheer you on, help you out in tough times, and be there when needed.

My mantra continues to be "read often, post often". You'll love it.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:58 PM   #4  
someday, we all hope!

S/C/G: 253/185/145

Height: 5'7"

WELCOME to our friendly, supportive group of weight-loss buddies!
You're already off to a flying start, with your manager onside, and the brand-new, close-by gym membership! It's amazing how our kids can so inspire us to be the best we can be, isn't it?

Good luck (although you've got the ingredients for success) on this journey!
becoming wisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:23 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hey Jenn, welcome to 3FC and the 100lb club. Wow, that's so scary about your daughter. Thank G-d she's okay.

I was in the same exact boat as you not too long ago. Horrible knees, winded easily, binge eater and all that stuff. I never, ever thought that I could turn it around, but one day I had just decided it was enough. And the rest is history, still got a long way to go but I'm working on it. I'd have to agree with you that it is hard at first. But after the first few weeks or so it gets much easier. I found that by eating really healthy foods and elminating all my binge foods (wow that's a lot of stuff) that the cravings practically ceased. Some days are harder then others, but I have found that the rewards outweigh the sacrfices - by A LOT. Good luck!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:15 PM   #6  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Welcome
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:17 PM   #7  
Its all about choices

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Welcome Jenn. You've found a wonderful place to be.
You seem to be doubly blessed ~ Your daughter is safe and your boss is helping you too! How nice it must be to have a gym in the same building where you work! I'm probably quite a bit older than you (my youngest is 9), but my weight is in the same neighborhood. I quit smoking cold turkey about 9 and a half years ago. Quitting junk food cold turkey hasn't been the easiest, but it is worth it!
NickiB68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:21 PM   #8  
Dieting Diva

Another Big Howdy from a fellow Texan.
You can do this. The gym membership sounds fantasic! It's in your building, it's free and you don't even need a sitter. The older that little one gets the faster you will have to run.
Get rid of the Soda, forget about honey BBQ'ed anything or enchiladas for a while. We are lucky that in about a month watermelon will be coming in and then there is "Pecos" cantalupes. Make yourself a couple of salads and put them in the fridge for those " gotta get a burger moments". It's cheaper than the McD's salads.
No more Krispy Kremes ok ?
If you can stop the smokes- you can kick this also. Try to find a niche and hang on !
Good luck Jenn- we'll be looking for you !
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:45 PM   #9  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to the forum Jenn! I look forward to seeing more posts from you.
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:06 PM   #10  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Talking Welcome

Welcome to the group. I know what you are talking about binge eating, but my weakness is chocolate, chips, and ice cream. I don't drink much soda, except for maybe twice a year I will go on a cherry coke binge and drink 4 cans a day( I have stopped this because I have noticed that drinking soda gives me an upset stomach and trouble sleeping). Lucky you with the gym membership, I was given a membership to our local ymca last year and really am sad it ended. I cant afford the membership there for my family,but when it ended I was sad. At first when I started going to their gym I felt so embarrassed being the biggest one there. I loved the weight machines and treadmill, I ended up buying a elliptical( which I just started using 3 wks ago).
So my advice is enjoy the gym, it is great. I do not belong to any program just watch my calories, what I eat and exercise. Good luck and again Welcome
Cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:16 PM   #11  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Jenn!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:06 PM   #12  
Chubby vegan :\

Height: 5'9"

Sounds like you are READY! You've come to the right place. I think many of us can relate to your story. There are so many inspiring success stories here, not to mention the incredible support.
Christine in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:46 PM   #13  
having Senior Moments

S/C/G: 265/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Jenn - you are certainly not alone in your habits and fears. All the others are guessing you are younger that them, but I know I'm older than most of you. I have 5 grands, and youngest is 7 (not telling how old the oldest is because she makes me sound so OLD).

Looking forward to getting to know you.
soiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:57 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 257/257/150

Height: 5'10"

You are ALL so lovely! Thank you for the encouragement.

For the record, I'm 32. *coughcough* Our daughter came to us later in life. My Mother thought she would never be a grandmother. She prayed hard and prayed every day. My brother and his wife had two 10 months apart in 2004 and my sweetie was born in 2005. I told my Mom "God listens Mom. Maybe next time you could ask once and leave it at that??!!"

Strength to all on this Wednesday morning!

Jenn
tsinitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:39 AM   #15  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Hello and welcome!!! You're gonna love it here!!!! Moving your ticker is addicting!!!!! Good luck in your journey and post often!!!
Jan
Janny O is offline   Reply With Quote