Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies #20

View Full Version : Home of the Loozing Floozies #20

4myloves
05-08-2007, 01:29 PM
Welcome to McSkinney's Loozing Floozies!

We're a group dedicated to motivating each other through our daily diet/exercise/life struggles and just "being here" for one another!

Anyone is welcome to join us in our conversations--the more the merrier!

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

ShelleyM
05-09-2007, 05:57 AM
Gayle-I hope Carol comes back also. She has had a rough time. I miss her. I also miss Ramona and some of the others. I heard from Ramona awhile back. At least we have our Sherry and Doni back!! The devastation is horrible in your state. I'm so sorry. We are smoky here from all the fires. We couldn't let the kids out for recess yesterday at school because of the smoke.

Cheryl-Thanks for starting the new thread. You always come through when Sherry is busy!

Sherry
05-09-2007, 11:53 AM
Hello :wave:

Gayle,
That damage was unreal! My heart goes out to all the families that have lost everything. I guess we should all feel fortune about what we do have.

Shelley,
Thanks for the compliment.It's great to be back too.:) How's your Mom & Dad? Did they get the mold taken care of? When is your last day? Mine is the 25th!! I can't wait!! HOO-WOO!! :carrot:

I can't address everyone right now. I had the CT test done this morning and don't feel good. My arm is still bleeding bad from the IV. Hopefully I'll have good results.

I lost another lb. Sunday when I weighed. 26 lbs. so far! It's going wonderful this time.I'm doing WW on my own BUT I'm going to my Doctor every 4 weeks for weigh-in. (I weigh here weekly though). It's helping me knowing that I have to go see her. I'm on a high dosage of b/p meds and she wants to take me down to a lower dose soon since my weight & b/p has dropped a lot.

Have a good day. Going to lay down then go check out Goodwill and see if I can find some jeans that will fit. I'm off work today.

HUGS!!

Cheryl....Thanks for starting a new thread. It's been crazy for me. My life is starting to slow down now because both MIL & FIL are home and their kids are taking turns staying with them 24/7. Wayne doesn't go back until Sunday night then he'll stay for a week at nights when he gets off his regular job.

4myloves
05-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Hey lovely ladies!

I'm not sure if any of y'all already do this, but I do and I love it!!

Are you tired of banner ads or popups distracting you when you browse the forum? Ads pay for your usage, but not all members like them. Based on member feedback, we are now offering ad-free forum usage for a small subscription fee.

Subscribers to the Ad-Free Forum will browse faster because they don't have to wait on the ads to load. Reading the posts is easier because the page is wider and there are no distractions. Subscribers may lose up to 5% more body fat than non-subscribers (your results may vary ).

If you wish to subscribe, go to your User CP and scroll down to the Paid Subscriptions option on the left.

We appreciate your support

Suzanne 3FC

It helps to offset some of the cost of running the web-site AND you get the added bonus of being able to surf a lot faster!

Cheryl

DeterminedLisa
05-09-2007, 09:54 PM
I just clicked the photos of the tornado destruction and -- OH MY GOD --
I had no idea. Here in Singapore, we don't hear much about the
weather in the USA unless it reaches the status of Hurricane Katrina.
I can't believe how out of touch I am. Even being in the same
state as devastation like that must be traumatic. How can you
reassure yourself not to panic every time there's another alarm.
Best wishes to Gayle.

Sherry, a million congratulations on your weight loss, on needing new
jeans, and most of all on improving your health so much. That's
really inspiring. Also, it's inspiring that you're doing it at the same
time as so many other complications in life, the medical testing
procedures, the situation with the in-laws, and everything. That's
been a weakness for me in the past, namely thinking that weight
control will wait until after I deal with the most recent curveball
that life throws at me.

As for the paid subscription, I like it too. All the half-dressed Barbie doll
models on my screen were really bothering me.

I had a rough day yesterday at the grocery store, but I'm hanging in
there and getting through another day.

Lisa

ShelleyM
05-10-2007, 05:42 AM
Sherry-Wow! 26 lbs is fantastic! Our kid's last day is May 24, the teachers will leave the 25th, so yay for me! The kids are horrible right now, though. It's the last couple of weeks school frenzy, and they are forgetting they are still in school. My parents got an estimate. It will cost $10,000.00 to repair, and they are still fighting with the condo association to see who will pay. My mom would rather live with the mold than spend that kind of money. I can't blame her.

4myloves
05-10-2007, 11:01 AM
Hey everyone!

Lisa, I didn't realize you lived in Singapore. Can I visit? :)

Sherry--you're doing such a great job with your WL, especially with all the stress you've been under lately. I'm so proud of you!!

Shelley--I'm sure you're ready for school to be out. Will you be working your summer job this year? That mold can be tough, but I can't blame your mom for not wanting to spend 10K to get it taken care of. Didn't they just move into that place a short time ago? If the mold problem has existed for awhile and wasn't disclosed to them when they bought the condo they could have grounds for a lawsuit. I'd check into that. Mold may grow overnight, but not to the extent of what they're experiencing--chances are that's been a problem there for a while.

Gayle--those pictures were wild and SCARY!!

I made an A in my class. I was worried because I made a B on the paper and it was one of only three assignments. All's well that ends well, though :) I'm trying to decide if I want to take a summer class. I'd love to, and I know the prof is a great one, but $$ is an issue. I'm really trying to pay off some of my credit card debt (I owe $25,000+) and the only way I can pay it DOWN is to not make any new charges. That's a lot harder than it sounds :(

I'm sorry I've not been around much lately--work has been a b****. I've been dealing with a tough client. It's got to get better, though, right?

Anyway,

I do think of you all every day (even the ones I didn't say hi to in this post).

Cheryl.

Sherry
05-13-2007, 09:46 AM
:flow1: :flow1:Happy Mother's Day!!!:flow1: :flow1: I hope you have a wonderful & well pampered day!!!

We are going to go visit Mom in KY and then get to MIL house by 5:00 for a cook-out.

Lost another lb. this morning!!

Lisa...That was so sweet what you said to me. Yes...It's so hard to lose, especially when you a zillion things going on in your life. But I was so determined this time and it's paying off!! Next time you go to the store, go full!! You can do it!!! I wished I weigh what you do! :)

Cheryl....Congrats on the "A"!!!! You are one smart cookie!! :hug: Thanks for starting the new thread!

Got to get dressed. Have a great day ALL. Love you bunches...

SuzyMc
05-13-2007, 09:54 AM
Happy Mother's Day everyone! No real celebrations going on here today...just doing some yard work and then Tim and I will probably go out to dinner later. We're staying close to home because grandbaby #3 is due to arrive any day!

Sherry
05-13-2007, 10:01 AM
Gayle,
I am so, so sorry. We have been friends and posting here for so many years and I have never forgotten your Birthday. I have really goofed this year. When I got done posting a few minutes ago, I was thinking that you had a birthday coming up any day now.When I checked it was the 3rd!!!! PLEASE forgive me!!! I feel just aweful about it. I bet you were wondering why no one said anything. Bless your heart! I hope it was a special day for you but if I remember correctly, it was during the storms.So if you'll forgive me, I'll make it up to you next year! I love you Gayle!!! :hug:

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!! :bday2you: :celebrate:

DeterminedLisa
05-14-2007, 12:04 AM
SuzyMc - Best wishes for the expected grandchild!

Cheryl - Singapore is a great place to visit, and I like living here too.
Good luck with your credit card debt. If you can't afford the course
this time, there's next year and the year after that. Taking time
to get your education gives you more chance to digest what they're teaching
and to absorb the implications and see connections to other topics.
I guess what I mean is -- a delay isn't necessarily a loss.

Sherry - Thanks for the kind words. If it changes anything, I've been a
lot heavier in the past, but I scaled my ticker according to my recent
high. I try not to think about my heavier past very often because that
wasn't "the real me."

Sherry, how was the mother's day cook-out?
Did anybody get stuck at an all-you-can-eat buffet for mother's day?
How do you handle your eating during events like that?

We had reservations at a buffet restaurant but we canceled and
went to a restaurant that puts the calories of its dishes on its menu.
That helped!

Lisa

ShelleyM
05-14-2007, 05:29 AM
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, DEAREST GAYLE!!!!!:cheers: :bday2you: :hb: :woo: :celebrate: :bday2: :gift: :balloons:

ShelleyM
05-14-2007, 05:30 AM
Gayle-I am so, so, so sorry I missed your birthday. I never check the list enough. Sherry, thank you so much for reminding me.

Sherry
05-15-2007, 07:13 AM
Where is everyone???? Come out where ever you are!! :wave:I hope you are all ok. I'm still waiting for my test results. Hopefully I'll hear from it today.

Have a great day..Got to get ready for work.

Hugs...

Lynneye
05-15-2007, 07:27 AM
With the end of the school year, I am swamped. Plus I am getting ready to teach three summer classes, so very little time. Today, Rob's Mom is having surgery, so getting ready to head down for that. She is having hip replacement. Busy few weeks for us!

I do hope everyone is doing well here! I try to read everyday, if I can, to know how everyone is!

SuzyMc
05-15-2007, 10:55 AM
Gayle ~ Happy belated birthday! I hope it was wonderful!

We're busy here with regular work, yard work (we have 3 yards to take care of this year), parents and grandkids, so not a lot of free time for us right now.

We're still waiting for the new grandbaby, so I'm on call to watch the girls while DIL is in the hospital.

I'm planning on a girls day out with a few friends tomorrow, so hopefully the baby will hold off so I can go...I really need a "fun" day!

I hope everyone is well...I guess we are all busy with family and summer type work right now.

ShelleyM
05-16-2007, 05:43 AM
Sherry-I'm here and feeling very fat. I really need to get myself in gear again. Let us know the results of the test.

coles
05-16-2007, 07:31 AM
I'm here too! Just really busy these days, working and trying to get everything done at home. I planted my gardens the other day so hope we don't get frost.
Have a great day everyone!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_15.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk042YYCA)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZNxmk042YYCA (http://*********************************************************=ZSzeb097_ZNxmk042YYCA&utm_id=7925)

4myloves
05-16-2007, 02:28 PM
Shelley, Debi, Sherry and Janice!!

I'm so glad that y'all are checking in! I'm getting a tad worried about our little group here :dunno: I know everyone is busy, but it scares me when we're as slow as we've been lately. I notice even the newbies are scarce :wave: LISA--stick with us--we'll pick up again!!!

I've been working in two counties for the past couple of months. I think I told y'all, but I don't remember right now. Anyway, I quit weighing when I went down there and I finally weighed again on Saturday--my weight had jumped to 284!!!!! I have NEVER weighed that much!! That really hit me because that's just 16 very small pounds away from 300--and I just can't imagine myself weighing that much! So I went to Wal-Mart on Sunday and bought a bunch of Slim-Fast products and have been following their meal plan, which is:

1 meal replacement,
1 combination meal--which is a meal replacement with 250 or so calories worth of "real" food--,
4 slim fast (or other) snacks which are less than 150 calories each, a "sensible meal" at night
and 5 fruits & veggies spattered throughout the day

I save two of the slim-fast snacks for as soon as I get off work because that's when I tend to do my most destructive eating (years of training).

When I weighed on Monday, the 1st day I started I was down to 281 because I basically didn't eat anything on Sunday. Today when I weighed I was down to 276. Thank GOD!

Mom and I are going to Branson this week-end (leaving on Sunday and coming back next Wednesday) and I'm going to actually TRY to continue to lose weight while I'm there. It'll be a real challenge, but I'm TIRED of being this FAT. I'm going to actually pack a "lunch bag" for each day we'll be gone and, I hate this for Momma, only eat out once or twice. Sunday morning I'd like to weigh in at 274 and Thursday morning I'd like to weigh in at 273 (or less, but one pound will definately work!).

Sorry to ramble on and on, but I needed to share with my chickies. I need the support I know y'all will offer me.

Love you all.

4myloves
05-16-2007, 02:31 PM
Oh, I meant to say, with this Slim-fast plan, my calories are averaging out to between 1,800 and 2,100-2,200, depending on what I eat for lunch. I haven't felt hungry yet, which was my problem on the "old" slim-fast plan, which was shake/shake/sensible meal.

coles
05-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Yea! Cheryl - you are doing great. You have to do whatever plan works for you. I think we are doing a lot of different plans, but the goal is the same. I think you are wise to pre-plan your meals. I find it hard to stick to any eating plan unless I know what I will eat each day.
My over-eating time is between 8 and 10 at night.

gdeann
05-16-2007, 09:26 PM
Cheryl, your plan sounds fine to me. GREAT JOB!

Don't worry about the birthday girls...I hate to be reminded how old I am!!! LOL! I had a anniversary too...11 years!

Busy, busy here....I had a client pass and the family had me do her hair, now working with the funeral home to see about doing hair if the regular stylist can't make it. Everyone i mention it to, gets the creeps, but it didn't boher me at all...I must be weird...

Liz is now engaged! Great kid, I'm happy with it. Never thought I would say that...
Looking at mid-March for a wedding, they know they will need to deal with chances of blizzards, ice storms, power outages...BUT, they are young and in love! LOL!!!

Had a niece get married this past weekend. It was an outdoor wedding and things went great other then the delay from the musical ice cream truck trying to sell and going not once, but twice around the crowd!! LOL! I was the wedding coodinator, so I was trilled things went off without a hitch!

Where is our sweet Dee???

Doni???

So with everyone I guess, wishing you all well!

4myloves
05-17-2007, 10:07 AM
It was an outdoor wedding and things went great other then the delay from the musical ice cream truck trying to sell and going not once, but twice around the crowd!! LOL! :lol:

SuzyMc
05-17-2007, 08:40 PM
I'm a grandma again! Isabel was born yesterday (May 16th) just before noon and weighed in at 8 lbs. 7 oz. and was 20 inches long. Mommy and baby are doing just fine and daddy and the girls are so proud of her that they are about ready to pop! :)

DeterminedLisa
05-18-2007, 02:42 AM
Congratulations on the birth of Isabel!

Deann, I'm not sure why some people are creeped out about death
and some people aren't, but you can be sure plenty of people aren't.
It's really great you can use your skills to show respect and make
a special contribution when somebody has died. It's good the
funeral home has found you.

I can't fathom the day when my kids grow up and get engaged,
so I'll just keep my head in the sand about that for a few more
years. (they're little.)

Cheryl - it's really exciting and inspiring to hear about your new
plan and about all that sudden weight that just melted off you,
and about your plans to keep up the loss while you're away, and
your meal replacement options and everything. Being tired of
being fat is the best motivation in the world, and motivation (plus
time) is all you need. YAY!!!!! You've got a major non-scale victory
already.

I'm doing well. I'm gradually shifting my eating plan to fewer
carbohydrates, although not ultra low-carb. It's been feeling better.
I guess I have a mini-withdrawal after every meal with significant
carbs, so even though low-carb isn't my first choice in terms of nutritional
philosophy, I'm going with it for now on the basis of how it makes
me feel. My current rule is, a meal or snack can have fruit OR milk/dairy
OR a quarter serving of grain/starch. It's not as extreme as it seems
over the course of a day because I have many meals and snacks.
But in some ways it's more extreme because I'm still keeping everything
very low-fat. Hardly any diets are both low-carb and low-fat.
Vegetables are about the only thing I can have in unlimited quantities.
I guess that's about right, seeing as how this is supposed to be a
weight loss diet. :)

I'll let you know if I continue to be happy with the switch to low-carb.

Determined,
Lisa

ShelleyM
05-18-2007, 05:54 AM
Gayle-Of course you are weird! We all know it!!:) Just kidding, of course! Congratulations to Liz! How exciting. Now you have to plan your own daughter's wedding!!

Cheryl-Yay on staying OP!

Suzy-Congratulations on Isabel! How many does that make, Grandma?

Janice-My overeating is like yours and Cheryl's--except I start after work and never stop!

coles
05-18-2007, 07:02 AM
Congratulations Grandma Suzy!!
Lisa - I do well on low carb too. I was doing low carb for five weeks and then tried to switch to WW. Having a hard time sticking to program. I think its the carbs that make me crave. I'm considering going back on Low carb. I just seem to have more control of my eating. I don't think its the healthiest choice but neither is being overweight.
Gayle - God bless you. I think its wonderful that you are giving the folks a nice hairdo for the journey home.

DeterminedLisa
05-20-2007, 11:02 PM
Janice,
When you do low-carb, what is your plan? Calories or Atkins or
south-beach or do you have your own personal style of doing it?
I'm still glad I switched to low-carb, but I think I need to add either
more fat or more protein. Also, I'm having trouble with regularity,
which is very rare for me. Since I'm already eating a zillion
vegetables a day and drinking water constantly, I think it means
something less obvious is out of balance.
Lisa

ShelleyM
05-21-2007, 05:38 AM
Lisa-Would you post a sample day's plan? I need something to get me off this sugar whirlwind I've been on lately.

Carol101
05-21-2007, 08:48 AM
Hello all.

I have arrived. It is time I came back from the dark hole I have been in for the last few years. Maybe with the help of my dear friends here I can get my life back on track.

Those of you who know me saw me lose 55 lbs with all of their help and support. Sad to say, I have found it all back! It is time for me to dispose of that poundage once and for all.

So hello to all my friends both new and old. I know you are all great people and I hope to be able to support you in your lives as well as be a friend to all. Please take me back into the fold as either a past friend or a new one and lets kick some butt at this weight loss thing!!!

gdeann
05-21-2007, 09:00 AM
Carol, THRILLED to see you back here!

ShelleyM
05-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Carol-Welcome back!!!! We've missed you very much! I'm glad you decided to come and not only get motivated, but motivate us!

coles
05-21-2007, 06:15 PM
YEAH CAROL - glad you are back. We missed you. I know what you mean about losing and then regaining - seems to be my theme song.
Lisa - I follow mostly Atkins but have been trying to switch to WW. Not working too good - I am going back to Low Carb.

Sherry
05-21-2007, 07:19 PM
{{{{{{ HUGS }}}}}} CAROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug: I'm sooooooooo happy you're back!!!! I've missed you so much!!! I'm looking forward to talking again! You sure made my day!! :) LOVE YOU!!!!

dscrosbywife
05-22-2007, 01:06 AM
Yeah I'm down 2 more lbs. I'm doing so much better than I thought I would. Whenever I had tried to lose weight in the past it was always with this new diet or that new pill. I'm so glad I finally came to my senses and decided to do it right this time. I'm confident that I'll get to my goal weight and stay there. Thanks for the continuing support!!

My Plan-

No more than 1600 low-fat cals. a day

30 mins cardio Mon - Fri

20 mins strengh training 3 times a week

2 mile walk 7 days a week

SuzyMc
05-22-2007, 01:58 AM
Welcome back Carol and welcome to dscrosbywife!

I'm sorry to be mia, but it's been crazy around here the past few days. I'm spending weekends helping my mom with my dad, plus it's grass cutting season again and I have two other yards to take care of plus my own, and now there's a new grandbaby besides! The good thing is that there is no time to over eat, but we have been eating out a lot, so I don't think I've really cut that many calories. I do need to see about doing meals in the crockpot on days when I can't be home instead of eating out so much.

It seems like there are a lot of mia's! I guess everyone is just busy with school winding up and summer coming on. How is everyone doing?

Lynneye
05-22-2007, 06:37 AM
I have also been mia lately. With school ending, summer school starting and then my mom having surgery and Rob's mom having surgery, I don't have time for anything. Rob's mom has had a few setbacks, but now seems like she is on the mend. We have had to make a few rush trips down to the hospital, she had some heart palpitations and other problems. Looks like she will have her gall bladder removed as soon as she is done with rehab from the hip replacement.
Of course, with school ending, and summer school starting, I am trying to find time to get things done and other things prepared. Like Suzy, we are eating out all the time, and that isn't really helping the diet all that much. Also eating in the hospital cafeteria, you would think would be healthy, but it is hard to find anything healthy there!

Sherry
05-22-2007, 06:54 AM
Debbi....I know how you feel!! I can't wait until school is out!! So much stress just closing out the school. My last day is Friday and it can't get here soon enough!!
Prayers to Rob's Mom :angel:

WELCOME Dscrobywife!! Nice to have you here!!

Will post again later...got to get ready for work..... Hello to all :wave:

Also...Down another lb. this week!! CONGRATS TO ALL LOSERS THIS WEEK!!!!! :cp: :cp:

Carol101
05-22-2007, 07:45 AM
Congratulations to all the Losers this week!!! Hurray for each lb lost. :carrot:

I am trying to decide what plan to jump on and run with but for now I am just watching what I am eating a bit closer. I am trying just to eat healthier. What plan is everyone else on?

I will post more later as I have to get to work but I am glad to be back in the fold of all you wonderful people!! :hug:

Have a great weight loss day everyone!!!!

coles
05-22-2007, 08:43 AM
Carol - what plan did you follow before?
Congratulations to all the losers out there.
I was going to switch to Low carb again but am going to try to get back on WW this week. Sugar is the enemy!

Lynneye
05-22-2007, 08:49 PM
More bad news here. Rob's Mom is going in tomorrow to have the gall stones removed. This is putting her getting to rehab off a few more days. Hope she is able to rehab enough to go back home! I am getting worried about it now.

Good news, I lost a pound this week at my weigh in at WW.

I am reading all posts but just no time to reply to everyone. I am thinking of everyone! Hopefully things will calm down here someday!

Carol101
05-22-2007, 09:46 PM
I just got in the house from mowing grass, so I thought I would leave a quick note. I think I did pretty well today. I usually eat whether I am hungry or not and all the wrong things. I tried to make good choices today, plus I actually got hungry before the next meal time. That means I didn't overeat. Chalk one up on the road to greatness.

Janice: Great job on another pound lost!!! The last time I lost weight, I just counted calories and tried to eat right.

Hope everyone else had a great day!!! See you all tomorrow.

Hugs to all!!

DeterminedLisa
05-23-2007, 01:29 AM
Carol, it's a pleasure to "meet" you and I look forward to getting to
know you better. We share a similar burden.

Lisa-Would you post a sample day's plan? I need something to get me off this sugar whirlwind I've been on lately.

Shelley,
The foundation of my current plan is 3 cups a day of skim milk, 6 oz
per day of lean meat, and lots of vegetables. For my vegetables,
I'll have anything except potato, corn, or peas. Sweet potato,
beans, and squashes are OK.

breakfast
12 oz skim milk
large plate of vegetables
(e.g., 1.5 cups of stir-fried carrot, broccoli, red pepper, mushroom)

brunch
big bowl of asian soup
broth with chunks of firm tofu, vegetables, and a fishball dumpling

lunch
chicken breast
large plate of vegetables (string beans stir-fried)

afternoon snack
raw veggie sticks dipped in hommous.

dinner
12 oz skim milk
zucchini, butternut squash, onion, tomato mixed with fresh
grated parmesean and baked

Lisa

coles
05-24-2007, 08:28 AM
Sure is slow around here. Where is everyone??
We are having wonderful weather, warm and sunny. I have been in the pool a lot although it isn't as warm as I would like it.
I have switched back to WW and have been on program for two days now. I find once I make it through a week on any program I am good for a while.
It is nice that all of you folks that work in the schools get the summer off. It must make all the hard work worthwhile.

4myloves
05-24-2007, 11:05 AM
CAROL'S HOME!!!!!

Yea!!! We missed you so much!!!!!!!!

Doni is also back posting some!

Where, oh where, are Ramona, Vicki and Debbie?

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

4myloves
05-24-2007, 11:06 AM
And, :welcome:, :welcome2:, :welcome3:

DSCROSBYWIFE

ShelleyM
05-24-2007, 05:56 PM
Congratulations to all the losers! Sorry I have been MIA, but today was the last day of school for the kids. Teacher's last day is tomorrow. We are having the entire school carpeted and tiled over the summer, so there is tons of packing up to do. The teachers all have to get their stuff off the floors and we have to get everything in the office off the floor. I have a couple of workshops to go to also, so it will be a busy summer at school.

Lisa-Your meals look very healthy, almost like WW Core.

Debbi-Prayers to your in-laws.

Cheryl-Wouldn't it be great to hear from Ramona, Vicki and Debbie?

Doni-Where are you?

Hi Gayle, Carol, Suzy, Sherry, Janice, Dee and everyone else!

DeterminedLisa
05-24-2007, 10:22 PM
I was doing some diet-related reading this morning and stumbled on a
web site that had an interesting statistic that I wanted to share. This
web site also included some biochemistry of metabolism that I know (100%
certain) has mistakes, but that doesn't mean the statistics
are wrong. Here's the quote:

Weight loss in all diets is water and/or fat. Weight gain with calorie
deprivation is water retention. Water retention in the face of calorie
deprivation causes 57% of dieters to quit their diets. They all expect
large weight losses every week, but when they gain, they freak out
and exclaim, “The diet doesn’t work.”

Interesting! 57% percent of us get badly derailed by water gains.
I'll keep that in mind, because my TOM is starting today.

Determined,
Lisa

Sherry
05-25-2007, 06:50 AM
Good Morning :wave:
Today is my last day at school!!!! :) I'm looking forward to the summer! The kids last day was yesterday. When I get off today, We are heading out camping until Monday.Debbie & her family are already there.They got there yesterday. She called and said our cabin was beautiful and the long deck sits over looking the lake! Can't wait!
Everyone have a wonderful weekend.Have fun & be safe.
Love to all...
Sher

4myloves
05-25-2007, 12:02 PM
Please STOP!!

A new thread has been started!

Join us on Home of the Loozing Floozies #21!!!!! :D