Old 05-07-2007, 08:27 PM   #1  

Default just finished a great book-fiction

I just finished the book "Miss Invisible" by Laura Jensen Walker. The main character is a single, 29 year old plus sized woman. She is in a job where her boss treats her like crap, and she has no self confidence because of her dominating father and bad luck with romance. The book chronicles her journey where she meets another plus sized woman who is very confident and outgoing, and brings her out of her shell, and gets her to stop only dressing in black and staying in the background.

I loved this story-it wasn't about weight loss, it was about accepting yourself, using your best assets, learning to love to exercise and move on with your life.

The book is "Christian lit" but not heavy handed. I'm Jewish, and the religious references could be applied to any faith because of the positive messages.

Enjoy!
sherry

I ordered it from Amazon, but I've seen it at Barnes and Noble.
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:04 PM   #2  
Losin It For GOOD!

Sounds Great! I always love finding out about new books from other people who've read them. Lately I've been on a Dean Koontz kick - I need to get back to a good ole chick-book and out of the land of death!
BA99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote