Old 05-07-2007, 08:44 AM   #1  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Unhappy My second time here...

hi everyone, I was here I guess a year ago and am back.I posted on the intro board a little of my story, but will repost some here. This is actually my third time on the 3 fat chick board, but the second time here the 100lb club.
Weight has always been a problem. for me, I came to the site a few years ago to loose 60 lbs, but never lost and wasn't comitted enough to stay. Last year I came back because I knew I needed to lose weight. Food had become my friend after being uproated from Louisiana to N.c. because of Hurricane Katrina. I have no real friends here, or family. So food became my friend. I ate, and it was easy being a SAHM. My husband uses our car for work, so I am home bound most of the day(there is no park in walking distance), and my kids are in school , so it is just me and food. Last year I was 269 when I began my journey and actually went down to 250, but things I planned went down hill and I turned to food. I left my free weights gather dust, along with my exercise mat and weighted ball. I bought a Elliptical machine with my tax refund last year and it was used as a statue.
These past months that I let everything slide, I began to love cooking and baking, my clothes got tighter, and I was tired more and more. My feet became swollen and my thighs rubbed together so much I got sores.
I guess I decided to stop this downhill spiral when I had to look for size 26 pants. 3 weeks ago I began the change. I have stopped all junk food, desserts( except for the occasional dark chocolate or fat free frozen yogurt), no fried food, sunday morning Krispy kremes and biscuits. I am eating much better and have worked my exercise routine up to 35 minutes , 5 days a week. I am able to do 16 minutes on the ellipitical, when I tried last year I could only do 2-3 minutes. My clothes are looser, my feet are back to normal, and I bought a scale yesterday which made me feel horrible. I thought I was maybe 256 or something( trying to deny the truth), I was 280 last night, this morning I am about 277-79 . I feel horrible. I am obese. I am so scared. How do I fight this. My husband is naturally slim, and eats and eats. He doesn't stop me from eating and says " you have to eat". My son is going down the same path he is 17 and wears a size 38 pants( he is 5' 11"), and just eats and eats. My daughter is 9 and weighs 135 lbs( she is 5 '2"). I just don't know how to keep this up. How do I not stop exercising, or eating right? Please the suggestions would be great. Because everytime I start trying to get healthier I stop and just gain more and more weight. Help. tia
Cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/238/145

Height: 5'8

Hello Kitty,
Your post really touched me. As a military wife I know what it is like to be uprooted time and time again with no friends and nothing to do (we havent been blessed with children). My husband is very athletic - he is an avid runner, road biker and even races Mountain bikes. He is 6'1 and is 185lbs. lol

As far as advice, I am still in the fight myself. I motivate myself with things like Celebrity fit club (silly I know, but they are losing like us). My biggest motivator has been being treated for depression. I just feel beter and actually care about me for once. I want to get up off the couch, I want to be out tehre running alongside my hubby. I am tired of not being in family photos because I feel too fat. I guess you could say I am sick and tired of being like this. I hit rock bottom a few months ago and am clawing my way out. You can too!

I am Fat Smashing.. thats the program I am on... was thinking about joining WW in a month or two as well. But who knows, so far Fat Smashing is working for me. I feel so much better I cant tell you.. I have alot to lose but eating healthy only makes me want to continue to eat healthier. (which I think is a better viscious circle to be in)

Good luck to you and keep fighting girl!
x Victoria x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:37 AM   #3  
having Senior Moments

S/C/G: 265/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

hi ladies - This is my third time here. This time I'm determined to succeed. I'm in my 60's and being overweight since my late 20's has taken its toll on my health. Stuff I will never get back. Now I'm at the point of stopping things before they gets worse.

I hear you both about moving and having no friends. I was a military brat and a military wife. I can't even remember how many times I have moved in my life. I think that's why sometimes I fear change, because it was so traumatic to me in the past. But change I must, so I'm back. This board was a great source of encouragement and love and support in the past, so I'm back for more. Good luck to you both.
soiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:04 PM   #4  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:54 PM   #5  

Cheryl,

Welcome back! This is about my third time here, so I'm hoping three times is the charm! It must be so difficult to have lost everything and having to move to a new place where you don't know anyone-I can't even imagine!

Just coming back here is your first step. It sounds like you have a great home gym all ready-just dust everything off and start again.

Your kids will learn by your healthy examples It's not too late for them!

Hugs,
Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 292/?/150

Height: 5ft6in

I second the fact that it's not too late to be a healthy role model for your kids! My oldest 2 are 14 and 13. They have completely changed their life right along with me. Funny thing is not because I told them to or made them, just by watching me. They have both lost weight and are active participants with me at my local YMCA.

On that note, I highly recommend checking out your local Y (if there is one) a family membership is reasonable and they have a policy of not turning people away due to financial hardships (scholarships). I haven't found just a gym, but a whole community of new friends. I know with the 1 car situation it could be difficult, but you just have to be more creative. There are activities there for everyone in the family.

Stay here and keep posting. It really helps.
Shellyknits is offline   Reply With Quote