Old 05-06-2007, 03:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261

Height: 5'3

Lightbulb New to this type of thing

Hello All
I am a 35 yr married mother of 2. 12 year daughter and 5 year old daughter. I am now just learning that much of my 100 lbs I have to loose are from stress from married life and being a mom. As well as the many jobs I have had.

If anyone has any ideas that will help me on my journey to lose weight. One of my biggest obstacles is eating! I want to eat what ever I want and think I should be allowed to however we all know where this will put me~

Any suggestions would be great~

Thanks
Skinnier wanna be
pawskiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 03:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Would it help to make a comparison to spending? I want to buy whatever I want, whenever I want and I feel I should be allowed to. But...I know that I can't buy everything I want. For me, eating is the same thing. I have a daily budget (calories) and I can't go over, just like my monthly budget for finance. The other thing I do is make sure I really really like everything I'm eating, I found healthy food I liked just as much as the high fat/high sugar counterparts.

Basically, I love to eat. I love food and eating, I had to come up with something that fulfilled that need. Now, I eat every 2 hours - always something I like and I look forward to eating. It definitely works for me.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 03:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Hi paws. It's great that you found it here! I think over time, as you read and post, things will start to click with you. You'll see what other people are doing, what's working for them, new things to try, etc. Glory is right...you just need to change the way you approach food. What your new approach will be is an exciting thing to discover!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261

Height: 5'3

Thanks for the positive feedback Glory and Tricia. Its great to know there are other people in similar situations. My sister is member on this website as well and has found great encourage from other members. Glory I would like to know about how you lost the weight I will check your website though.

Talk soon.

http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wY87suW/
pawskiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:52 PM   #5  
Velvet Goddess

S/C/G: 297/250/126

Height: 5'6"

Hi there Paws, believe me I know your pain. I love food and love to eat and I live with a man who eats enough for two people, so it's tough to see him eat so much and not be able to do that too, but like Glory says you have to stick to your budget. I find excellent low fat alternatives to favorite foods and enjoy them, and treat myself on occasion. If you cook, one of the best things you can do is buy Cooking Light magazine. Their recipes are awesome, and you can't even tell they're healthy for you.

Just take it one day at a time, and you'll be on your way before you know it.
VelvetCyberpunk is offline   Reply With Quote