Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 06:00 PM   #1  

Default SuperFoods???

Okay, I have several questions.

First of all are there very many people who have done well with superfoods. Yes, I need to lose alot of weight but what are the pros of this eating plan. Have you lost weight? Do you feel better? What else has it done for you? More energy? Are you sick less often? Is it easy to stick to?

And of course the most important question of all: What kind of dark chocolate is healthiest for you?

Thank you so much for your information. I greatly appreciate each one of you.

Amy
280/265
Old 05-05-2007, 06:53 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

You might want to check out the Whole Foods forum here at 3FC. It is dedicated to those that concentrate on eating Whole foods

Here is a link to that forum -
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=209

You still need to watch your portions because even healthy food can have a lot of calories. I used to have a lot of stomach problems but since eating whole foods, I no longer do.

Also, eating superfoods or whole foods can easily fit into any diet plan. You can count calories, you can do weight watchers, etc.

Dark chocolate still has calories but one benefit of eating dark chocolate is that it is rich and you don't need a lot. I look for 70% cacao minimum and try for 85%. I used to eat a piece of dark chocolate every day but then my weight loss was stalled so I cut that out.

Last edited by nelie; 05-05-2007 at 07:07 PM.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

Hello, I don't really consider Superfoods a diet plan. It is a way of life. I eat healthy and exercise and feel the best I've felt for 20 years. I also count calories. I do not eat dark chocolate because it is a trigger food for me.
I do include about 10 superfoods everyday from different areas.
For example a lunch will be a large salad with romaine, spinach, carrots, orange bell pepper, salmon, some sort of beans, onions, tomatoes, nuts with a olive oil & vinegar dressing. I usually also have green tea or light soy milk.
I eat between 1300 -1400 calories a day and you can see I continue to lose weight. Everyone is different of what they like to eat but I will never go back to the junk I ate. I do not miss it one little bit. I would miss all the great healthy foods I've discovered.
Closed Thread