Old 05-05-2007, 08:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 167/156.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Do you gain weight after take off?

I have noticed that each day for about 3 days after I do TO that I gain 1/2 lb. a day. Then it pretty much stays the same the rest of the week. Then When I do TO again I lose about 4 to 5 lbs. and the process begins again. Does this happen to anyone else? This happens even when I stay POP. Any tips or is this normal. I'm in my 6th week.
Thanks!
cmroberson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 202.8/173.8/124

Height: 5'5

I would say try to stay away from the added sodium the first couple of days: example: lean cuisines, and try, although very hard to stick to lower calorie choices for proteins as well. From my experience, it is just water weight and with hot lemon water and stayin op will go away. Also you should avoid beef for at least the next 3-5 days. But once the 3-5 window is up, you can go back to enjoying higher sodium/op stuff.
buffystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 05:53 PM   #3  

I talked with another friend who is a TOTAL LAWL success, and she said the same thing. The didn't think I was losing fast enough, so they put me on the 8 week plan. So every other week I am doing TO. She said she figured it was water weight coming back once I started eating POP again. I hadn't really thought of that. But I think that putting the carbs back in does it. But I just can't go totally without them. But I will take your advice and I appreciate your input!
Old 05-05-2007, 11:10 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8

If you are doing it every two weeks it should minimize your gain. The first three days after TO you want to drink at least 12 glasses of water each day, refrain from all frozen meals and fast food. Use high fiberous starches and make sure to include some protein in your breakfast. It also helps to wait until the second or third day after do add back in vegetarian protein (like pb) if that's one you usually use.
AndreaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:26 PM   #5  

GREAT advice. Man, 12 glasses of water sounds like a lot, but I am willing to do it if it means NOT gaining those 1 1/2 lbs! ALL advice is wanted. I appreciate the ideas and the motivation.