Old 05-05-2007, 08:26 AM   #1  

Default Shopping on the way Down

Hi Ladies, I just have to share my shopping experience from yesterday hoping someone out there can relate. I've really kicked up my workouts and been consistent with my eating plan and I'm down 11lbs in the past month. I've been working on weight loss for a while, but this time what it takes to actually be successful has finally started to click for me. For about a year I hovered in the 240's and I officially got to 239lbs as of yesterday. I felt pretty good about that and was proud of my commitment and hard work.

So I went shopping yesterday to buy a few new things for the warmer weather, and was absolutely disgusted with my body. I have a lot of cellulite on my thighs and I just couldn't believe this was my body. When I'm working out I feel so strong and motivated to go forward, but yesterday I really felt fat. I've always been one of those people to do whatever I wanted regardless of my size, so I had several points in my life when I didn't think I was as big as I was, serious denial. But for some reason yesterday, I just really connected with how far I have to go to get to the body I want and need to be more comfortable and confident in who I am.

Has anyone else experienced this?
lola06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:25 AM   #2  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

I did, yesterday when I was looking in the mirror as I stepped out of the shower. But try not to focus on how far you have to go. Look at how far you've come. 11 pounds in a month is awesome! I'm sure you feel healthier and stronger, just like I do. Confidence comes from within.

My favorite big-girl role model is Mo'nique (actress and commedienne). She is awesome! She is so beautiful and confident, and that must be tough especially in Hollywood. Just focus on what you've acheived so far, and what you will continue to do. Your body will change in time.
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:03 AM   #3  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm with you on this. I get to exercising and eating right and I'm on top of the world... beautiful, sexy, and looking good... in my mind. Then one of those darn mirrors shows me reality and it can be discouraging. But, there isn't any other way to change that view except by keeping at it.

But, yes, I know what you mean.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:05 PM   #4  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

No only if we can make that belly disappear
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 04:50 PM   #5  

I've felt the exact same way before and, frankly, it was very diappointing (not to mention frustrating). I put a lot of thought into the matter and realized my problem was that I had a very specific idea of what the payoff for all of my hard work should/would be. The bottom line is that I was being horribly unrealistic. I am 38 years old, have had several pregnancies, and abused my body with terrible eating habits and staying overweight for years. I'm not getting my 18 year old body back no matter how hard I work. Period. Believe me, that was a tough pill to swallow. But, in the end, accepting that fact really helped me focus on what I CAN improve and set more reasonable expectations for myself and my body. I finally appreciate what I have and can honestly say that I think I'm going to really like what I end up with...even if it isn't close to what I originally had in mind!
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 05:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/145/115

Height: 5foot2

hey everybodys like that, dont worry when you lose weight somethings gonna go downhill its just a fact of life. at least your not as bad as me i actually refused to look in a mirror for like a week once because i just didn't wanna be reminded of how i look, no woman is ever perfectly happy with there body (and if they say they are they're lying)
mascara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:12 PM   #7  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

Same for me....I look in the mirror and see a lot of stuff hanging and I think what is all this skin gonna look like later. I have noticed it more lately becuase summer season is almost here I assume. However the only people who really see me like this are BF and the lucky few at the beach. I figure after the weight is all gone I will work on what to do with this body image. Working out is really good and hopefully will keep some of the sag at bay but I know there might be some plastic surgery involved later on.
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote