Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 03:23 PM   #1  
Just gotta do it!

S/C/G: 251.2/246.8/156

Height: 5'7

Question Reps in the Morning??

So I've hit the point where I start incorporating exercising into the program. I'm a member at 24hour fitness and exercise here and there and when I'm on a good stint a couple times throughout the week, but this time it's NEW me and I've read that you get more out of exercising if you do so in the morning. I'm not a morning person at all, but if exercising in the morning will benefit me more than I'll buck up and do it. My question is if exercising in the morning, do you have something small to eat before the workout and if so what do you usually eat? Is it okay to have your breakfast right after. Any successes out there once you switched to working out in the morning? Thanks!
Old 05-04-2007, 03:50 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Your best benefit for exercise is a time where you will do it.

Some research says that working out in the morning is better cuz it gets your metabolism up but other research says it doesn't matter.

I find when I exercise in the morning I am 1) more likely to stay OP and 2) more alert duing the day.

I have a friend if she exercises in the evening she can't sleep well.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:10 PM   #3  
banned

i fully agree w kelly! the only advantage i see to mornings is getting it out of the way period. other than that theres no others.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:25 PM   #4  

Agreed, the best time to exercise is when it works for you.

Some people can eat before working out and some can't. The only way to find out whether you can is to try.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:37 PM   #5  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

I find I eat either a yogurt or a banana or an apple with peanut butter before I run. If I don't eat it makes me feel sick.
good luck
Old 05-05-2007, 10:04 AM   #6  
Cowboy Up Chick

OH and I missed the eating part. I don't eat before I do morning workouts cuz it makes me sick but I do eat about 60 minutes (neverless than 45 minutes) from when I work out. If you eat right after your body when it is in the 'fat burning' phase it will burn what you eat and will not burn the fat stores.
Closed Thread