Old 05-03-2007, 10:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/138/121

Height: 5'4"

Default Turbo Jam- the best DVD to get

Hello everyone!

I have been hearing such good things about Turbo Jam, and I think I am going to fork out the money and get myself a DVD. I don't want to get the entire set from their website because it is so expensive- so I am looking on ebay to buy an individual DVD. I need some suggestions on which one(s) to buy.

Even though I have never done Turbo Jam before, I feel like I can bypass the introduction DVD. (I jumped right into advanced Tae Bo without doing instruction videos, so I figure I can do the same here.) I want something that can REALLY work me hard and burn lots of calories. I love the 55 minute Tae Bo workouts because I get so sweaty and breathless- and I can see a difference in my body. I want to switch things up a bit with the Turbo Jam though.

So which DVDs are best for a really hard workout?
Any suggestions you can give would be appreciated!
Thanks!!
pumpkinjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:49 AM   #2  

I love TurboSculpt. It's a pretty awesome workout!
I think it's only on the DVD that the intro stuff comes on.... I think it's called 5 Rockin' Workouts, which includes the Learn and Burn, CardioParty, TurboSculpt, 20 minute workout, and something else (Ab burner maybe?). That's the only one I know and I love it!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/138/121

Height: 5'4"

Do you think it is tougher/a better workout than Tae Bo?
pumpkinjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:52 PM   #4  
one sexy science teacher

S/C/G: 231/194/130

Height: 5'5"

from personal experience (I own the entire set) you want to get "Learn and Burn" first. It goes through all the moves, teaches them at a slower pace than rushing into the dance routines. It also has several workouts all on the same DVD.

I find turbo jam more motivating than TaeBo ever was. Charlene is a riot and the music is fun. You have the 'pumped up' option too, where the music is blasting and you don't hear as much of the instructions (save that for after you know the moves a little)

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
haeyu14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:55 PM   #5  
one sexy science teacher

S/C/G: 231/194/130

Height: 5'5"

okay, I just re-read your first post. If you're wanting advanced, go "Advanced Cardio Workout (or maybe it's Cardio Dance Party)" I have been using turbo jam for over a year and I can't keep up with it. (see what happens when I don't read for understanding (as I tell my 5th graders on a daily basis)... lol
haeyu14 is offline   Reply With Quote