Support Groups - 1 lb Down and Plenty More to Go - MAY '07

meowee
05-02-2007, 07:17 PM
:welcome3: to ~ One LB. Down and Plenty More To GO!

Old friends and New friends,

This thread is open to any and all ladies who have more than a "few" pounds to lose. We all know that if it's more than a "few" that it's gonna take sometime to get rid of it. And when you're in a certain place in your life for a while it's great to have some friends around that know exactly how you feel and know exactly what you're going through. Having support via family and friends is great and certainly a welcomed thought, but sometimes they just don't get it. We'll help encourage you through the down times, discourage you when the dieting alter ego wants to take over and then encourage you some more! Just jump in and make yourself at home. Let's try to live, love and laugh our "weigh" through this!

RRVMMM
05-03-2007, 10:36 AM
Good morning ladies. Just another quick fly by for me. I have been terribly swampped here lately and my computer has also been acting up. It doesn't always let me on the net these days. Of course this is my computer at work, not home, I never have time to get on the computer at home. We just found out yesterday that this computer needs a new hard drive so maybe soon I will be able to get on here without having to worry about freezing up.

Well the scales are at 223 so I am loosing last weekends water weight just hoping I dont gain more this weekend. I really would love to get past this plateau and for 3 weeks now I have stayed on track and worked my hindend off trying to get to the teens. Keep fingers corssed.

Check back soon.

anajjana
05-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies!!!!

I hope all is well with you all. This year is just rolling on by! My cruise is getting closer and closer. I've really got to get it in gear and get these last 20lbs off. Even is I cant get 20 off by the cruise I need to get at least 10lbs off.

The weather down here is wet, wet, wet!!! We are having some really bad storms!! I've been trying to stay busy and keep my mind off the ex. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not, but I'm trying.

I hope you ladies have a wonderful day!!!

meowee
05-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Just quick :wave: from me today . . .

I was out and about for around 4 hours today and then I spent a couple of hours trying to read this afternoon. My eyes are both aching and I'm so tired I can hardly keep them open, anyway.

My vision is so much better now that my glasses are next to useless. I can't read with them or without them -- my arms must have shrunk during the surgery, I guess. :dizzy: But I really need them for driving and distance vision, but the prescription is actually too strong and gives me a headache. :dizzy: I have to wait 3 to 4 weeks (until the second eye is deemed completely healed) before I can go to the optometrist to get new ones. Nothing works really well for looking at the computer either -- although it is easier than trying to read a book or magazine. Oh wow, something tells me this will be a long, long, month. ;)

Anyway, gang . . . I hope everybody keeps things moving and shaking and I will at least try to stop in for a quick hello again tomorrow . . . see you then. :carrot:

GainingWeightInLa
05-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Hi ladies. Hope everyone's having a Happy Friday and had a wonderful week!

My back is still thrown out. I have a two door vehicle, so I guess when I went to put my 2 yr old in her carseat, I twisted wrong (while holding 25 lbs out in front of me at arm's length). It has caused me some pure misery this week, I'll tell ya!! I consider myself to have a pretty high pain tolerance (have been told I do by several people...especially during childbirth!!), but his has nearly made me cry and lose my mind!!! It's a tiny tap better today....hopefully it'll be much better tomorrow. My daughter has graduated to getting in her carseat by herself now. DUH....why didn't I have that kinda sense before Monday?? I guess since working out, I've felt kinda Wonder Woman-ish, like "Okay, I'm in shape now...I can do anything!" Guess what?? I'm no where near wonder woman! lolol And I have quite a long way to go before I'm "in shape." Guess I learned this entire lesson the extremely hard way, huh?

Yesterday was my first on target day in a while. I've had several things working against me. First the bronchitis I had for 2 weeks (no working out, plus didn't watch what I ate), TOM happened during bronchitis, then my back (definitly no work outs since this has happened! Remember, I'm not Wonder Woman!! hehe), plus I went grocery shopping last night because I'd not been since I got really sick with bronchitis (oh about 3 weeks), so I had nothing healthy to eat or snack on. Haven't felt like going to WW meetings...have missed two meetings, so h aven't been to a meeting in 3 weeks! The only good thing in all of this is that my stomach has been upset (probably from too much Advil), so alot of what I've eaten has gone straight thru me (sorry if TMI!!). I'm not even daring the scales, though. I know it can't be good.

Well, that's my last three weeks in a nutshell. This chair is killing my back, so I'm off. Have a great weekend everyone. I'm sure I may be back later today.

Diana

meowee
05-04-2007, 06:28 PM
Hi gang . . . :hug:

Eye is still causing a pain both literally and figuratively . . . stupid weather isn't helping either . . . cold and rainy today and expected to continue for most of the weekend. Finally predicting some warmth for next Monday and Tuesday . . boy, I hope they are right. :?:

Kittens are still eating me alive . . . but they are so darn cute . . . it's hard not to laugh, even when they are bad. :D

You take care of the back problem, Wonder Woman . . . you'll be back to fighting crime really soon. . . :hug:

Not much else going on for me . . . hope everybody has a great moving and shaking evening planned . . . will be looking forward to seeing you all really soon . . . :carrot:

anajjana
05-06-2007, 08:26 PM
Good Evening Ladies!!!

The scales were finally back at 192 this morning and my prom dress fits perfectly again!! You can see my collar bones in my new pic!!! If you look closely, of course.

Just a quick update!!

Have a great night!!

jelynn
05-06-2007, 09:12 PM
Gosh Diana and Linda- I hope you are both feeling better and back to your old selves very soon!! I know I often take for granted my health. Hugs to you both!!

Jana- you are looking goooood! WTG! Love the new picture.

Well, I am a week into being back at it and feeling strong. Just had a good 5.6 lb loss this week and have even stayed OP all weekend! Just watching portions really. We walked about 2 miles this afternoon as a family- granted it was slow, but even my younger kids did it. They only needed carried for a short while- so it looks like we've finally outgrown the strollers- yay! It was a gorgeous day here today and we were walking around a lake so there was lots of distractions for them (dogs, rollerbladers, ducks, bridges etc).

Came home and grilled steak for fajitas. They were excellent if I do say so myself. :p Went heavy on the veggies and only had one.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Tina, where are you?? I know there have been a few of us being scarce. I'm going to do better at posting-- I hope everyone else will too.
Here's to a great week!

GainingWeightInLa
05-07-2007, 09:25 AM
Hi, ladies. Well, back is MUCH better. Still some pain, but it's 90% better. YIPPEE! Hubby and I are "back on the wagon" beginning today. We've not stuck really to anything for close to a month, I guess. I'm sure I'm up a few lbs, but it won't take long to get them back off and begin a fresh new journey. Hopefully the time off has done me some good. I'm ready to start back. This eating normally is a drag...really. I don't feel nearly as good.

We had a pretty tragic day yesterday. We went to the lake (bayou, actually). For years there's been this huge 2-3 inch diameter rope hanging from a tree that everyone and their mama has swung from and let go into the water. My hubby used to do it when he was a teen and he's 34 now. We had some friends and their kids with us yesterday out boating and decided to stop, let the kids swim and let the kids and hubbys swing from the rope. There were already some teens we didn't know there swinging. Just as soon as we drove up (we weren't even all out of the boat), this one teen guy was taking his turn. Well, there's a platform about 25 feet up in the air that someone nailed to a tree for people to stand on the begin swinging...just for a longer and more fun swing. He was swinging from up there. (I know everyone knows what I'm about to say). Just as he came down where all his weight was on the rope, it BROKE! He landed first on his back on top of a cypress knee that was sticking up outta the ground about 4 inches. He then hit his head on some stumps. It didn't knock him unconcsious, but we heard bones break and he couldn't get up. We ended up calling paramedics and having to go to the boat launch and pick them up in the boat and bring them to this guy...they hauled him off with a neck brace on a gourney/hard board thing. The hospital won't give us any information about him, so we don't know his condition. It was horrible. Needless to say, no one else swang from the rope. We just went and did the very same thing just a couple of weeks ago. If my 34 yr old hubby had taken that fall, it'd have either done permanent damage or killed him, I'm sure.
I'll bbl. Time to take son to school.
Have a great day everyone!

Losing4another
05-07-2007, 10:11 AM
Hi ladies is it okay to jump in here? I have wayyyy more than a few pounds to lose that is for sure. What plan are you all on ? I'm some what on weight watchers but getting myself to stick to writing everything down is hard. I don't have a food scale either...I guess on the weight and I feel like I'm not doing it right once I start guessing. I just try to eat the same amounts of food as I did when I first started weight watchers and did write everything down. Trying to eat healthier as well just for better health. I have all my goals in my siggy. Trying to keep them small but my main goal is to get into ONEderland.

You all have been busy losing weight...would you all mind sharing how your losing and more importantly keeping it off ? Looking forward to getting know you all

meowee
05-07-2007, 05:17 PM
:carrot: Hi gang . . . :hug:

Good to see you EMILY . . . :hug: Glad to hear you ar back in the swing, Chickie.

Wow JANA . . . :hug: Collarbones are great . . . in fact everything about the new picture is beautiful.

Oh DIANA . . . :hug: Isn't it awful when something so fun goes so wrong. Really glad to hear you are on track, though.

Hi there LOSING. . . :hug: Of course you are welcome to join us . . . We love new people . . . hope we'll be seeing lots less of you, lots more often;) now that you've found us.

Personally, I have to write everything down or it's like I never ate it. :o That is a definite no-no for me because I'm diabetic and need to know details of what is going into my system so I can regulate my insulin and other meds. All those meds also make it really difficult for me to lose weight, but I just keep reminding myself that it was the tortoise that finally won the race. This has been a bad year so far, because I'm just recovering from my 3rd minor surgery and I keep getting knocked off course a little each time. I pretty much just try to eat within the CDA (Canadian Diabetes Association) guidelines, so I'm afraid I'm not too much help to you. :D

Anyway, gang . . . afraid I'm not having a great day . . . my vacuum cleaner, refrigerator, and stove have all decided to develop problems . . . think I've got the vacuum figured out and the replacement part is ordered . . . the stove I can live with for the time being . . . the refrigerator (that doesn't refrigerate things); well I don't even want to think about that -- naturally it will be the most expensive to replace out of the three. :mad:

Oh well :( , don't ask me what the connection is, but this morning helped me make up my mind to delay the hysterectomy -- probably just one more layer of stress I didn't want. So I have rescheduled for September 20 and I'm definitely looking forward to having nothing nasty on my plate this Summer.

MY BGL is still higher than I'd like, but it is fairly stable throughout the day now. I am definitely still retaining water from the IV . . . I can see it trying to hide out in my ankles. I'm staying away from the scale until the 23rd in the hopes that things will be back in balance by then.

Cats and kittens are fine -- crazy but adorable -- did you know that three kittens means 132 little 'instruments of torture' that they sink into me at will? --- 3 x 18 claws, plus 3 x 26 teeth --- all as sharp as little needles. Hope I survive their kittenhood. :lol: Aren't you all glad you've got me to keep you up-to-date on all this fascinating mathematical stuff? :rofl:

Well. . . guess I'd better get moving along since I've definitely done enough blathering for now. Hope everybody is having a great moving and shaking kind of day wherever and whatever . . . hope we will be seeing you again really soon . . . keep on doing the good stuff, ladies . . .

Losing4another
05-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Thanks Meow for the welcome:hug: You have kittens? Awww! Did you have a cat that had kittens to get three at once? My daughter has a stray cat we are nursing back to health. He was in a big fight... had a major infection from that fight. He had to have surgery to clean everything out. Hes had his shots and goes back for booster shots then we can FINALLY get him fixed. Not sure how long I (or him) can take with him being locked in the bathroom. A little less than two weeks to go :eek:

I wish i could get in the habit of writing everything down again...need to just buy a scale and then I will have no reason as to why I'm not writing everything down. Would be helpful when planning to eat out too.

I'm with you meow
My car decided to have it's own problems as well :lol: This morning I was running late getting my daughter to the bus stop and the car wouldn't start. Of course we miss the bus...My husband had to tell me what to do over the phone and it did finally work the second time. Now I think I need break pads it's noisy when I brake. My vaccuum cleaner wasn't working right for a while but I think it was just the filter..replaced it and it seems to be okay. My refrigerator has been wanting to die for years BUT i will not let it...:lol: will come down to buying one when we really have to and it actually does blow ;) My dishwasher is not washing so I don't know why I put them in there just to have to hand wash them again. My water pump is leaking and needs to be replaced....hmmm I need to stop thinking about what needs to be replaced this is getting stressful :stress:
Looking forward to meeting the other ladies here :goodvibes
Lorra

meowee
05-07-2007, 06:34 PM
Hi again LORRA . . . go take a look at this page (from our April chat thread) . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108796&page=7 . . . about 4th post down the page . . . as you can see, I had a very weak moment.

Wow . . . sounds like you are having even more fun than I am. BTW, why is poor 'fight-boy' confined to the bathroom? Do you have other pets?

jtammy
05-07-2007, 11:14 PM
Hi ladies,

Jana, You are doing so well. I see those collarbones. Donít you love Ďem! Keep up the good work.

Linda, Iím glad to see you back already. Just the thought of a stitch in the eye sends shivers down my spine. I would think your body really needs a break from all of the stresses of surgeries (even minor surgeries are stressful). Delaying the hysterectomy sounds like a good idea right now. Get through the summer first. Doesnít it seem like appliances always tend to break at once? We have that kind of luck too.

Emily, What a wonderful weight loss you had this week. It sounds like you are back on strong! Iím going to try my best to do better at posting in the future too. I have good intentions (like many of us, Iím sure) but sometimes life just takes over.

Diana, what an awful thing to have happened yesterday. Have you heard anything else about the young man?

Losing4another, welcome! I calorie count, with mostly whole foods, limited sugars, high fructose corn syrup, and white flours. I use fitday.com to keep track of my calories. Once I got used to it, I feel like Iím not complete for the day until I log all of my food. Not everyone uses a food scale, but I find that I need to weigh my food every couple of weeks, or my eyes start deceiving me. I just have a little cheapo that I bought at Wal-Mart for about $7.00, but it does the trick. Just curious, who the ďanotherĒ is that youíre losing for,

Iíve been doing okay. My exercise has been a little off track on a daily basis, but then I spend 12 Ė 15 hours a week doing yard work, so I thought maybe it would even out. However, I do feel better when I exercise every morning, so I keep trying to get back into my morning exercise. The scale keeps fluctuating between 201 and 198, so I really havenít felt like celebrating hitting onederland. It feels like a hollow victory when the scale keeps bouncing all around. Once I get far enough past 200, I hope to feel more successful and happier about itÖ.

Hello to everyone else! Hope to see you all posting again soon.

meowee
05-08-2007, 10:09 AM

So glad to see you, TAMMY . . . :hug: You are one of our most inspiring members, you know. Don't you worry, onederland will stick. Just keep doing the good stuff. If this stuff was easy, 3FC wouldn't have almost 70,000 members and none of us would ever have met each other. :D

Well, mostly SSDD in my world . . . refrigerator is sort of holding it's own. I mostly emptied the freezer section (put it in the big freezer downstairs) and the frig part is holding within safe temperature limits; but I imagine it's on it's last legs. The silly part for the vacuum is $80 - so I certainly hope it is the answer. Everything else about the stove seems okay so I'll just live with it for a bit while I start shopping for new appliances. Bought those 2 window A/C units yesterday and now have to get in touch with Reg (my local handy-man type) to come and install them. Good timing - temp is supposed to go to 28C (82F) today - that will spur everybody into a buying frenzy and within a week there won't be an A/C for sale anywhere in town. :D

The menagerie is fine . . . actually, Muttley and I had a little chat and he decided he'd rather be called Freckle . . . so now, my usual alliterative habit is back in sync . . . Frickle, Frackle, Freckle . . . or Frick, Frack, Freck for short (Yes, I am definitely a Shreck fan . . . can hardly wait to see the third movie . . . :dizzy: . . . that's me -- 64, going on 6.4. :lol:

Well, guess I'd better do my rounds and see if any horribly exciting things have been happening overnight in the 3FC world. Keep things moving and shaking everybody . . . see you soon . . . :carrot:

Losing4another
05-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Tammy~ When counting calories how do you know how many calories are in food that do not have labels? I tried fitday before and I don't remember it telling what the calories count was just where the calories were coming from fat sugar ect... I will have to take a look again. I had a cheap food scale before and it hit the fllor one day and broke the weight maker. I have a postal scale I could use...don't want to get it all dirty though. Next time I'm at walmart i'm just going to break down and buy one. You lost 148 !!! Your awesome :D Your so close to your goal. You have to have a huge reward for yourself when you do hit that lowest goal ??? Just wondering how many times have you got to go out and buy all new clothes? I'm looking forward to doing that part :lol: The another in my name is another child. My husband and I want another child and i want to lose 49 pounds before getting pregnant.....no let me take credit for the little i have lost 45.5 pounds to lose before another child ;)

Linda~ Those kitten are really cute. I remember wanting that breed of cat before but I always have my handsful with the mutts... most of the time right on my door step. I don't even have to go looking for a new cat.. they usually find me first. I have him in the bathroom because hes a unfixed tom cat and I don't want him spraying on anything in the house. I do have other animals. I have four other cats and a dog. Three cats we actually picked out and decided to keep. They were kittens from our first cat that had kittens TWICE. First litter we kept two kittens she was supposed to go and get fixed and somehow got out again and before we could do anything about it we had litter number 2 on the way. The thought was not to keep any from the second litter but my daughter had other plans. So we kept one from the second litter. Their mother passed away :( They are all older now... 9 yrs old. The other two are strays. Fight boy that is in my bathroom kept coming around here beaten up and this last time really bad. I tried to find someone to relocate him but all the no kill shelters are full. While nursing him back to health my daughter has pretty much taken him over. Once fixed we are hoping he will stay out of fights. Hes lived outside all his life so keeping him in the house has not been easy that is for sure. The other stray I decided I'm going to fix him too once I get Mr fight (his name is Milo) boy all taken care of. The other one is more wild ...hopefully he lets me take him to get fixed :eek: My dog was bought from a breeder. Shes an American pit bull. My husband wanted one all his life and his mom was always scared of the breed. She let him have one for a short time but then made him get rid of it. With all the kitty's that pretty much take care of themselves I wanted a dog...I wasn't sold on any one breed so my husband finally got his breed of choice. Shes a wonderful dog. Nothing what the media has them out to be. She is a big baby and acts like a baby too... i've treated her like one all her life. I do one day want to buy a english bull dog. Not anytime soon though we have a high enough vet bill already.
Sorry to hear about all those sugeries you've had to go thru:hug: I think waiting for the other is a good idea. You need more time to heal inbetween. You have your handful anyhow with three kittens.

jelynn
05-09-2007, 01:09 AM
Good day today- stayed on track (good thing since it is only Tuesday lol). Got up early and did my t-tapp and Dance Dance Revolution. Tomorrow I'll run on the treadmill.
Had Chinese for lunch, but stuck with mostly veggies and was sharing with my 2 little kids and they were starving so I didn't really get that much to eat anyway. I'll have to remember to bring them next time!

Losing4another- welcome! Losing weight for a pregnancy is great motivation! Good luck :D

Linda- sorry about all the broken appliances...isn't that just life? So unfair. Hope your eyes are getting better!

Well, I'm off to watch TV for a little while. Morning comes pretty early around here.

meowee
05-09-2007, 08:50 AM
Hi gang . . . good morning to all . . . :hug:

Just not feeling very talkative this morning for some reason . . . :?:

Have a great day everybody . . . see you later . . . :carrot:

RRVMMM
05-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Hey ladies, how is everyone? Scales are hangin around 223-225 for me and not wanting to drop below that. However I haven't gotten outdoors for any exercise for 2 weeks. It has been raining here for 2 weeks straight, we have got about 15 inches of rain. UGH......... Its supposed to stop in the next couple of days so I can then get back out and get some exercise.

jelynn
05-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Aww, Linda...:hug: Hugs if you need them and have a great day!

Robbin...that blasted plateau!! At least you aren't gaining (like I did, lol)- hang in there. Hope that rain stops!!!

I have 40 minutes planned for me and Mr. Treadmill today and at least a mile - mile and a half walk tonight when I take my kids to soccer (track around the field they play on). So it will be an exercise day! Just had some (natural) peanut butter toast and I'll have a banana before I run. Now to figure out something yummy for lunch and dinner. I'm not so great at planning ahead.

I'll check in later- hope everyone has a good day.

anajjana
05-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies!!!

I guess I'm pretty much maintaining between 192-193 because on my good days that's what the scales shows. I still need to get 15 more pounds off before the cruise, but I'm loving where I'm at now. It's been raining quite a bit lately so I have not been able to walk much, but I'm doing good.

:welcome: Losing4another & Emily, the ladies in this thread are wonderful!!!! I would not be where I am today without them. Robbin, Linda, Diana, Tina and Tammy, just to name a few. When I felt like venting and quiting I came here and they gave me the words I needed to hear to keep going. These ladies are great, keep in touch and it will happen!!!

Have a great day!!!:flow1:

Losing4another
05-10-2007, 09:29 AM
Jana~ thanks I do like it here already

Jelynn- nice meeting you too

Yesterday I had a bad day. I was over seeing the scale not move so I let myself get out of control and stayed that way all day yesterday. Got what I asked for and the scale did move UP a pound not what I was wanting to see but I got my wish it did move. Today is a new day and hopfully I can recover without 245 being the stuck number for the rest of the week.

GainingWeightInLa
05-10-2007, 02:27 PM
Losing4Another, don't feel bad. I've pretty much had an outta control last 3 weeks. :( I've been so bad I haven't even braved the scales in about a week. Dunno what I'm gonna do at this point. I'm not at the giving up point....but I'm not at the jump back in there point yet. Burn out, maybe? I dunno. Don't let one day turn into three weeks is what I'm trying to say, I guess.

Diana

jelynn
05-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Don't let one day turn into three weeks is what I'm trying to say, I guess.

Diana

Or 4-5 months:o It's not too late Diana...just jump right back into the saddle and re-commit. It's SO HARD when life throws us these curve balls (ie. bronchitis and hurt back)- but you definitely needed the "time off" so to speak. I'm still kicking myself for not getting right back into it after the Holidays!! I just lost all this weight, LOL!

Jana- thanks for the welcome:hug: -- I was here months ago though so already know how wonderful these ladies are :) (guess I was taking a little hiatus when you joined up here). You are doing great!! I hope you can get the 15 lbs you want off before your cruise. When are you going?

Losing4another- everyday is a new day!! Hope you are having a better one today.

Well, I had an extremely active day yesterday. 2.75 mi on the treadmill (mostly running) and then 2 miles on the track at soccer. My body is screaming for a rest day today so I'm just doing laundry and cleaning house :lol: I plan to do some of my t-tapp stretches later.
Looking forward to watching Grey's Anatomy tonight in a clean house!

meowee
05-10-2007, 06:32 PM
Hi Gang . . . :hug:

Wow, I have had one of those super busy days - the kind that just seem to disappear in the ;) of an eye - started at 7:30 this morning and I've only just gotten stopped for a bit. Had my guy in to install the 2 A/C units and then my friend LouLou and I got busy doing some cleaning type stuff and one thing just kept leading to another, and to another, and to another. I did manage to eat properly and well, I guess all the furniture pushing and shoving, and the throwing and tossing out stuff will count as exercise. :D A miracle has not occured with the refrigerator, so guess I'll break down and call Sears for a repair in the morning. :(

ROBBIN . . . :hug: . . . Ugh all that rain . . . I can handle a day of rain, but when it starts to stretch out, I begin to get really depressed, dull and listless just like the days look.

EMILY . . . :hug: . . . Good going with the exercise . . . and don't forget that 'just' laundry and housework help keep the metabolism purring along, too.

JANA . . . :hug: . . . Sorry about your rain too. Good luck with the goal for another 15 by cruise time . . . but you look great right now, you know.

LOSING . . . :hug: . . . Don't you worry, we all have days like that. As has been said, just try to keep them from turning into weeks, or months. All you can do is your best.

Okay, chickies . . . hope you each have a moving and shaking evening planned . . . see you soon . . . :carrot:

ELEM-PGF
05-11-2007, 08:01 AM
Hey gang!!! JUst a quick pop in for me right now! Glad to see some new faces and lots of regulars too!! I am struggling a little again, i am avoiding the scale to try to keep my focus on something other than the numbers and it does feel good to not feel like that little thing that sits on the floor rules my life! Did have big NSV, I bought size XL scrub pants and 2X shirts, just to give you some perspective when i started my 4x stuff was getting tight! So i was pretty proud. Of course I have had several comments about I need to loose weight from patients that i see but i am chalking it up to them not knowing where i started and dimentia!!!!

Gotta run time to get Amelia up. I pray all of you have a fabulous day and find the motivation to make the right choices! Remember Rome wasn't built in a day!

meowee
05-11-2007, 05:39 PM

Just a quick zip through, I'm afraid. It has been another busy (and expensive) day. The Sears service man came early this afternoon -- fixed the stove (the one I cared the least about) -- told me he could fix the refrigerator (a leak in the cooling system) but it would be about $400. So I went out and spent $850 for a new one instead. It will be delivered tomorrow. Other than that, I'm just tired. . . and broke. :mad:

Still eating OP but no formal exercise worth discussing. Hopefully things will settle back into a normal, less expensive rut really soon. :)

Hope you all have a great evening planned . . . see you soon . . . :carrot:

meowee
05-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Hi there, everybody . . . :wave:

Just a zipping through again . . . Wanted to let you know that I have refrigeration and, as the Martha would say, "It's a good thing". Hopefully my life will be back to boring normal again really soon and I'll have more time for on-line gossip. :D

In the meantime, keep things moving and shaking, gang . . . :carrot:

meowee
05-13-2007, 08:05 AM
:woo: Happy Mother's Day :celebrate:

RRVMMM
05-14-2007, 05:21 PM
Don't even want to let everyone know what the scales said today, just know it was not good and I totally blame it on my mother in law because I had to do something to keep from telling her how I felt on Sunday so I kept my mouth full of food.

Hope everyone had a good Mothers Day.

meowee
05-15-2007, 09:33 AM
Hi everybody . . . :wave: . . . sorry, but I'm just rushing through again . . . hopefully I'll get back to chat later. Meantime, have a great day . . . :hug:

anajjana
05-15-2007, 10:11 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!!

Happy Belated Mother's Day to all the mother's!!!

The scales are pretty much stuck at 192 but I will beat this this week. I got my walking in yesterday and I plan to get it in everyday the rest of the week. Things are getting a little rough, but I'm hanging in there.

Have a Great Day!!!

GainingWeightInLa
05-15-2007, 10:35 AM
Hi everyone. I've been gone for forever...and have not done well in my absence. :( Back is still giving me a bit of trouble, but I think I'm using it more of an excuse now. I think I'm about to snap myself out of it, though. I was going to start afresh yesterday, but while I was out grocery shopping, my blood sugar dropped (I'm not diabetic, but my sugar does drop occasionally)....so I headed straight to Sonic! Then we went to Wendy's last night for supper. :( It could've been a worse day....it' could've been WAY better. Today's a new day.

Glad to see everyone's still hanging in there. Hope everyone has a good day.

Oh, by the way...the guy I told everyone about that fell 25' out of the tree....found out just yesterday that he's FINE! He had a really, REALLY bad bruised shoulder. If you'd have seen it happen, you'd know it was a complete miracle!! God was there that day....NO DOUBT! You had to be there.

Diana

jelynn
05-15-2007, 11:47 AM
Wow Diana- I'm so glad that man is OK!! What a blessing. And here's to recomitting!! We *all* have to do that every so often.

Jana- good job on the walking and best of luck beating 192! lol

Robbin- sounds like your Mother's Day wasn't the best...hope it's behind you and things are ok now. I love my mil...it's my fil I'd have to stuff my face for, lol.

Hi Linda! Hope things are good out your way today!

Well, I started a t-tapp challenge with my sisters so I am doing a "bootcamp" where I do the total body workout several days in a row. I've committed to 5, but would love to get to 10 or more (no more than 14). I'd been doing the shorter workout for a few weeks, but it's been months since doing the full and I was sore this morning!! But I'm determined to see what it can do for me so I'll do this bootcamp and then every other day for next couple months. Hopefully I've shrunk a size or 2 in that time! We'll see.

My 2 year old daughter woke with her hand about twice the normal size. She had put a hair-band around her wrist (a pretty tight one) and had cut off the circulation. I feel awful...she even came to me about 4:30 to go pee and I didn't turn the lights on. It's still a little swollen, but she says it doesn't hurt anymore. Guess I'll be checking her wrists more often! Ack.

Well, hope everyone is having a great week so far. I've already had 40 oz of water this morning and my oatmeal with some natural peanut butter added in. I find the pb in there helps to keep me fuller longer. And it's yummy!
Have a great day! :wave:

meowee
05-16-2007, 09:55 AM
Oh Phooey . . . Afraid I have to apologize for another quick :wave: again this morning.

Sears sent the wrong part for my vacuum (even though I gave them the model, serial, and oart numbers when I ordered it). They tell me that is all they have with that number and it won't fit my machine. So, guess I'm off to the nearest vacuum repair centre (two towns away) to see what they can do for me, even though I've had a not perfect experience with their work in the past. Only other alternative would seem to be another new appliance and this vacuum is only three years old and was not a cheapie to begin with -- talk about planned obsolesence. :mad:

To top things off . . . we have a snow warning . . . SNOW????? on the 16th of May?????
Anyway . . . keep things moving and shaking, gang . . . hope to see you later . . . :carrot:

jelynn
05-16-2007, 10:16 AM
Snow LInda?! Now that's a bummer. Not unheard of here either, but we are getting to 27 today- woot! I think vacuums (cheapies anyway) aren't supposed to live more than 2-3 years. Total conspiracy!!

Well, I ended up with a bit too much pizza last night for dinner, but otherwise it was a perfect day. I've already been up and t-tapped and had tons-o-water. I am going to enjoy the sunshine with my little kids today- already have a playdate planned with friends at the park.

Have a great OP day all!

anajjana
05-16-2007, 12:43 PM
Good Morning Ladies!!!

I looks like our thread is losing some of it's members. Well I'm still here!!! The scales were at 190 this morning!!!! I told you I would beat that 192!!! I'm still having a very stressful week. I'll make it through. Off to change my ticker!

Have a Great Day!!!

jelynn
05-16-2007, 12:56 PM
Yay Jana!! :cp: :cp:

GainingWeightInLa
05-16-2007, 01:35 PM
Jana, I'm just a hop, skip and jump down the road from ya in NW Louisiana...send me some of your "doin' good" so I can see the scales go downward!! Please, I'm beggin' ya!!!! Great job, by the way. :)

Well, yesterday was a success....first one I've had of those in a while...quite a while. I kinda feel almost back into my groove...almost. Gotta get back to Curves to be totally back into my groove. May go this evening...maybe. I'm on point so far today. I had 4 points for Breakfast. Yippee! No clue what's for lunch yet. I have a few options. Hopefully I'll take a wise one.

I'm having SIL problems....I told everyone back around April 22 that I was. Things aren't any better...in fact, I suggested counseling for the two of us yesterday. Hopefully she'll take me up on it. I know I have some things I need to change (don't we all!!), but boy is it ever easy to spot the things she needs to change!! Some things are just blatantly obvious....to most folks, I suppose. Anyway, hopefully there'll be some resolution in counseling...otherwise, hubby and I are calling 13 years of tension and strife ENOUGH. We're ready to be done with the relationship (it's actually his brother and sister-in-law) if nothing's going to be resolved and quick. Anyone had a similar situation? I'd love to hear some happy-ending stories....perhaps it'll give me a bit of hope. I'm pretty hopeless where they're concerned these days. :(

I'm going to clean my pig sty up a bit more. How DOES it get like this?? LOL

Be good everyone!
Diana

GainingWeightInLa
05-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Okay ladies...I know I just posted, but I'm back with a bit of disturbing news. Everyone knows I've been having back pain lately, right? Well, in the last several days it's felt like something swollen on my right side...kidney or ovary (sorry if TMI). My rings also are fitting tighter than normal so I was seriously expecting a gain. I've actually lost more weight....I'm worried that something's wrong now. I'm not changing ticker....but I'm between 24 and 25 lbs lost.

Losing4another
05-16-2007, 05:34 PM
Hi ladies,

I'm still here and didn't fall of track to badly. Some things happend on Mother's day that kept me stuffing in the food until yesterday. I'm back and hope to keep it that way. I'm not looking forward to the next holiday. I have NO self control.

Diana- My husband is having the same problems with his sister. Them to fight like cats and dogs. I do agree with some of his issues with her but they never seem to get along very long. I'm hoping they will one day get over it....that is if they can stop seeing who can hurt who the most. Good luck
Have you made an appt to see the Doctor? Hope everything is okay

Jana~ Way to go :exercise: Wow 38 pounds gone forever :cheer:

meowee
05-16-2007, 06:05 PM
Well . . . I'm back with some good news and some bad news . . .

The bad . . . Actually I'm very angry with Sears . . . no problem taking back the agitator assembly but they will not refrund the $6 shipping charge . . . Not my fault they shipped the wrong one. :mad:

The good . . . The powermate is now at Scotia Vacuums awaiting delivery and installation of the new (correct) agitator (direct from manufacturer, not from Sears - although it is a Kenmore product?) . . . same price as from Sears, but no delivery charge and the clips are metal and cannot melt if it clogs again (original problem). Also they were kind enough to lend me another powermate to use while mine is waiting . . . so tomorrow I can get rid of some of the accumulation of cat hair. Things will look a little funny - my vacuum is black; the loaner attachment is blue - but, somehow, I don't think the carpets will care. :D

Hope you all have a good evening . . . see you tomorrow . . . :carrot:

GainingWeightInLa
05-16-2007, 06:49 PM
Okay, I may have an answer to my pain and swelling....TOM showed up today. lol I feel kinda stupid although it certainly doesn't explain the weight loss. My husband said he thinks I'm just not eating as much as I think I am...and even though we're probably not watching how much we eat, we're still eating pretty healthy for us stuff. I've probably freaked out over nothing....if I am, it's very COOL to have lost weight unintentionally. I have to say that this is a first for me. lolol I'm not quite as worried as I was....still not totally at ease....still probably need to go see the dreaded gynecologist. :( I guess I've put it off just about as long as I need to.

Losing4Another, we have so honestly tried with bro and sis in law. I don't know what else to do. We've actually gone to great lengths just to hide things from them (things that we've bought, places we've traveled to, etc) just because they get jealous so easily...we honestly don't want them to feel badly, but we're not willing to just stop living for the sake of their feelings, either. Everytime we get something they don't have or go somewhere they can't necessarily afford to go, when they do eventually find out about it, they spew such hatred about us ("They're rubbing everyone's noses in it!" and such as that) behind our backs....and of course it always makes its way back to us. It's just very frustrating....especially when we're willing to work our butts off to have what we have and they want everything handed to them (or else it's "not fair.") She (sil) used to "have something over me" and she attempted to rub it in my face as often as she could. She has the extraordinary ability to...er...um....reproduce! She has three (two unexpected) children. I had two miscarriages and thought I couldn't have children. When I did go on to have my own children, it only go worse. She became very jealous of the attention my children receive from the shared grandparents. (Her children are biracial...she's hispanic and my husband and his brother are caucasian). My MIL and FIL are very old school and didn't approve of their marriage. And yes, I believe my children are treated differently...but NOT because of race! I truly believe that. They (BIL and SIL and the kids) do not bathe regularly, their home reaks of urine and feces and is crawling with roaches. All the kids are quite overweight because they're allowed to eat (for example) whole packages of weiners at one sitting, or whatever else they want. At family functions, if whatever's being served is not "something her kids will eat" then she brings them a seperate meal. She bad mouths me to my face (downgrading remarks like, "OMG! What did you DO to your hair??"). It's just a very bad situation. See my irritation? LOLOL

Anyway, didn't mean to ramble. I'm having dinner guests....I better get off here! Have a great evening, everyone!

Diana

meowee
05-17-2007, 10:28 AM
Well . . . here it is morning again . . . :hug: But definitely not one of the better ones. :(

We got it after all . . . not just the snow, but rain, then freezing rain, then hail, then snow, and now back to rain . . . roads aren't too bad, but my front and back porches are just covered in ice . . . other than that, nothing much is going on around here . . . but then, who needs more than that. :mad: Ain't Spring grand.

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned. See you all later, gang . . . :carrot:

anajjana
05-18-2007, 12:22 PM
Good Morning Ladies!!!

Well I finally did it!!!! Even though I didn't walk but one day this week I changed up my eating and saw 189 on the scale yesterday morning and this morning!!!! Even though I still look the same, it feels GREAT to see that on the scale!!!

I hope all of you have a GREAT start to your weekend!!!

meowee
05-18-2007, 12:42 PM
:bravo: JANA . . . :hug:

Well, this is Victoria Day weekend in Canada . . . the usual time for everybody to open the cottage and get the spring garden planted. That won't be happening in Atlantic Canada for sure. Nothing but dull, cold, and rainy weather predicted for the whole long weekend -- at least yesterday's snow has melted away again.

Anyway, Chickies hope each of you has a great moving and shaking day planned . . . see you all later . . . :carrot:

jelynn
05-18-2007, 09:38 PM
Diana- hope your loss was a "real" one and not due to something weird and medical...sounds like it was though so I'll congratulate you, lol. :cp:
Sorry you have such stress with your sil-- sounds dreadful!! Sounds like they are the ones with the problems for sure.

Jana- WTG on more weight gone forever!! You are doing awesome, girl! :cp:

Linda- sorry you are having crappy weather for the 3 day weekend! It's nice here, but not as warm as earlier in the week and they are saying we probably won't get the rain they predicted before. Are you going to do anything fun? Or just try to stay warm, lol.
We went out to eat as a family tonight at Moxies...I wanted to do a day trip tomorrow or Monday, but with gas prices so insanely high I don't know. Maybe we'll call it good with a matinee and picnic or meal out.

Well, I've done 5 days in a row of my t-tapp bootcamp. It's a killer workout so I'm pretty proud of myself for perservering through the pain. I was pretty sore on days 2 and 3. I *think* I'm going for 10 in a row and then will go to every other day. If I feel really ambitious I'll do 14. Pretty sure I've lost some inches though already :)

have a great weekend everyone!

meowee
05-19-2007, 03:32 PM

Sorry that I'm not feeling very chatty today. It's still raining and very cold around here . . . gets depressing really quickly. :( Not much else going on in my life either. Hopefully the weather and my mood will pick up again soon.

Have a great moving and shaking kind of day, everybody, and I'll see you again soon . . . :carrot:

GainingWeightInLa
05-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Wow, ladies. Everyone must be very busy....or totally off target. I hope everyone's just really busy. Where is everyone?

I'm back to feeling puney again. Tummy still giving me trouble. I'm thinking I'm going to have to totally quit taking Ibuprofen, although I'm not completely convinced that's where my upset tummy's coming from. Maybe it'll look good on the scales, though?? Haven't checked.

Hope everyone's having a good day. Hope everyone has a wonderful week full of God's blessings!

Diana

anajjana
05-21-2007, 12:54 PM
Good Morning Ladies!!!

Well I'm still holding on at 189. I'm taking bread back out this week so I'm going to try and see if I can see 185 this week. Ya'll think I can do it?? I sure hope so!

I have a new male friend in my life. He came over my house and we played a video game and watched a movie. It felt weird to have fun with someone of the opposite sex that was not my ex. It has been so loooooooong since I had FUN period. I had a great time yesterday!! He and I are just friends and nothing more because he has a girlfriend. We used to date briefly for about 9mths in 2005 right before I met my ex but nothing ever came of it. I actually kinda stopped dating him to be with my ex. BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!! He's sweet and we have fun 2gether.

I hope all you ladies have a wonderful day!!!

meowee
05-21-2007, 06:42 PM

Yesterday, I discovered my water heater had decided to start leaking. Try not to have semi-major disasters in a small town on a holiday weekend . . . wow - hope I find my plumber tomorrow; and hope he can fit my water heater into the morning or at least give me a definite time (because I have a previously scheduled appointment at 1:00). :^:

Today, one of my ex-employees (pre-my-retirement) was at work (even though it is a holiday) and was whining for help, so that kept me rather busy . . . at least it took my mind off the plumbing problems. :mad:

Have a good moving and shaking evening everybody . . . see you soon.:carrot:

jelynn
05-21-2007, 08:45 PM
I'm here! Today was a rainy holiday...not much fun. My dh took 3 of the kids to the movies, but oldest ds didn't want to go so I stayed here with him... read and had a hot bath. It was nice.
Still going strong with my t-tapp bootcamp. Today was day 8 and I will go for 2 more days, then take 2 days off and then continue with that every other day. On my off days I think I will get back on my treadmill. I'm feeling really good though.
Just fed the kids Mac-n-Cheese and I think dh and I will get vietnamese take-out to enjoy for the season finale of 24.
Let's all commit to a great OP week! Take care.

jelynn
05-23-2007, 03:35 PM
I finished my t-tapp bootcamp this morning- YAY ME! 10 days!! You aren't supposed to measure for until after your 2 days of resting due to swollen muscles, but I snuck a peak yesterday and added up 8.5 inches gone! 1.5 ea from my waist and hips and a a half inch from each arm, upper thigh, calf etc. I'm very happy about it and my pants are definitely feeling looser. Now to keep up the momentum. Starting Saturday I will go to every other day for the next 4-5 weeks and then re-evaluate.

Just had lunch...kids wanted McDonalds and I probably would have given in, but I was babysitting a friend's little girl so needed to be home. I bought some of those kippered seafood snacks awhile back, but have been too afraid to try them until today. They are actually quite good! Even my little Erin loved them. High in the good omega 6 fats and protein. I'm trying to eat more in line with Nourishing Traditions or "real" food.

Anyway, hope everyone is having a good day and hope I haven't been abandoned here! lol

meowee
05-23-2007, 06:20 PM
Hi gang . . . :wave: . . . :hug:

Just a quick little hello to everybody. Don't know where the day has gotten to. At least nothing else has broken down today (at least not that I've discovered yet :o ). Went to the optometrist and ordered new glasses today . . .yippee . . . soon I should be able to see properly again. Another yippee . . . Finally got weighed after my 4 week abstinence and got to move my ticker 3.2 pounds further east. :D

Have a great evening, gang . . . keep things moving and shaking and I'll see you again really soon . . . :carrot:

jtammy
05-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Hi ladies, I am so hopelessly far behind, I hope you don't mind if I pick up right here.... I've been lurking and reading, just haven't taken time to post.

I've been floundering lately on my exercise but after reading about Emily's 10 day bootcamp, I've gotten re-motivated about getting back on track with exercise. This is day 3 of exercising, I think I'll use Emily's 10 day example as my goal. Hope you don't mind if I copy you Emily, but you are good inspiration for me right now. :)

Jana, You are doing so well! Girl you are just flying through the lbs. Congrats and I love your new avatar. You are such a cutie! I'm glad to see you getting your spirit back regarding the new guy. ;)

Linda, Congrats for getting to a new decade! You are very dedicated and I'm so happy you got to move it so far over. :) Wow you have really had the luck with your appliances lately. Did you have to replace your water heater?

Hi Diana and Losing4another. So glad to see you both here.

The last couple of weeks have not been so great for me. There have been several social situations that have made it hard to stay on track. I actually got back up to 201 a few days ago, but the scales are slowly retreating. They are back to 197 and I've been on track for the last several days, so I hope to be back to ticker by the weekend. I know I didn't actually gain that much, but the sodium and water sure reek havoc on the scales.

I have been enjoying the results of weight loss a lot lately, and it has been on my mind so much. I have sooooo much more energy since losing weight. It has really been almost amazing to myself. DH and I are working outside in the yard and garden for at least 15-20 hours a week, and it feels great! Last week, I had a stressful day at work, mainly sitting at my desk, trying to handle a problem at work. As soon as I got home, I changed clothes and went straight outside and worked in the yard for a couple of hours. All the stress was gone by the time I went back in. This weekend DH and I spent the morning clearing a fence line at our house, then DS and I went up to my Dad's house to plant his garden for him. I could never have done that in the past, as it was a full day from 8 am til 8 pm. DD and I went for a five mile bike ride this afternoon. These are all things that I wouldn't have had the energy to do two years ago. As much as I enjoy the smaller clothes and the compliments and the increase in my own self-esteem, I appreciate the increased energy so much more.

Talk to you all later!

meowee
05-24-2007, 09:36 AM
Good Morning . . . :wave:

Life is good . . . the sun is shining this morning . . . although it is still a little too cold to be considered seasonal . . . 10C/50F . . . but it is a start and it's supposed to continue moving in the proper direction this week.

Other than that, things are ticking along at about a normal speed . . . no more appliance malfunctions (:crossed:) -- although I'm definitely not looking forward to getting the bill for the installation of the new WH (think the plumber was afraid I'd pass out on the spot if he told me what he was charging so I have to wait to get the bill in the mail.

Kittens are being . . . kittens . . . Most of the time they manage to truck down to the kitty litter just like the big cats but every once in a while they (well, mostly Frickle) get 'confused'. This morning I caught her peeing on the couch :yikes:. Gave it a good vinegar spray after scrubbing it . . . hope that works to erase the 'memory'.

So glad you are enjoying all your new found (and well-earned) "Vim and Vigor", TAMMY . . . go girl go . . . :hug:

Nothing exciting on my agenda for today. Kittens have to go to the vet for their second round of shots this afternoon and I do hope to get some sewing done. Keep things moving and shaking, gang . . . see you soon . . . :carrot:

meowee
05-25-2007, 06:00 PM
Hi gang . . . :wave:

Hope all the 'Yankees' have a great Memorial Day Weekend -- with better weather than we 'Canuks' had for Victoria Day (well, some of us, anyway).

Keep things moving and shaking . . . see you later . . . :carrot:

jtammy
05-25-2007, 10:44 PM
Hi everyone,

Day 4 of exercise feels good. Saturday's are my usual rest day (only from exercise - I'm going nonstop doing everything else on Saturday's) so tomorrow will be a real challenge.

Linda, if the vinegar doesn't work, try "urine-off". It is the only thing I have found that really works but it does! We got a new cat last summer and the disruption caused our old cat to pee in the corner of the living room, repeatedly. We ended up tearing out the old carpet (it was very old anyway) and airing it out for a few weeks, using the urine off. It removed the smell completely and since we had new carpet layed in that room, the cats have stayed in their litter box.

Hope everyone has a good, on plan weekend. Weekends are always more challenging.

anajjana
05-26-2007, 10:56 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!!

Well I didn't see 184 but I did see 188 this morning which is good because I've been struggling lately. I HAVE NOT been off-plan but it has been harder then ever to stay on-plan.

Thanks for the compliment Tammy. Luv you ladies lots!!!

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!!!

meowee
05-28-2007, 09:48 AM
Hi there . . . :wave:

Sorry I've been missing the past couple of days, but I've had an incredibly awful migraine. I'm sure it's the stress of my appliance-gremlin filled May and all that has entailed (along with the kitten-related things, of course). Our weather has taken another turn for rainy and cooler again too. :(

Congratulations Jana . . . Keep doing the good stuff, girl and the rewards will follow. :hug:

Thanks, Tammy . . . I picked up some cheap uphostery vinyl and made a quickie throw for the couch . . . seems to be working so far. I've been wanting some new stuff in the family room anyway, so maybe this will be a good excuse . . . but I'll wait for a few months just to be on the safe side. ;)

Big . . . :hug: . . . for everybody else. Hope all you Yanks have some great BBQ plans for today . . . keep it moving and shaking, gang . . . See you soon . . . :carrot:

jelynn
05-28-2007, 12:54 PM
Good Monday Morning everyone-- rainy day here. I've stayed OP pretty well. I need to get my workout in today- needed to sleep in this morning, but I have nothing going on today so no biggee.

Jana- you're doing great- keep it up!

Tammy- how goes the bootcamp. Makes it easy when you give yourself no choice, eh? lol

Linda- hope you're feeling better today!

Well, I'd best get at it. Always plenty to do to catch up on Mondays...

jtammy
05-28-2007, 08:18 PM
Hi everyone, Hope all of you had a great Monday, and a nice Holiday for those of us in the US. We didn't do anything interesting for the holiday. DH had to work, so I let each of the kids have a friend over. So after having 4 teens here all day, I'm ready for a break. :) Actually they are all good kids, but it will be nice when the 2 extra go home.

Emily, I've done pretty well on my exercise program. I didn't do any intentional exercise on Saturday, although spur of the moment, I decided to paint my bathroom. According to fitday, painting is pretty good exercise and it took at least 3 hours to do it, so I'm considering that my Saturday exercise. I did exercise Sunday and today. Are you still t-tapping?

Jana, I think 188 is fantastic, I can't wait to see it. You're doing great. Where is your cruise to by the way?

Linda, I hope your migraine is gone. You didn't miss much on the board, since the read only status of the board kept everyone from posting. I sure missed reading the new posts for those two days.

No downward movement of the scale in almost 3 weeks. I am practically green with envy :yes: of those people who lose weight every week. I haven't been like that in almost a year. It took 11 months to lose the first 100 pounds, and it has taken almost 10 months to lose the next 50. I would love to be at goal by September, since that is my two year anniversary, but it's looking highly unlikely.

meowee
05-29-2007, 12:46 PM
Remember the tortoise . . . remember the tortoise . . . remember the tortoise . . . :hug:

Hi everybody . . . :wave: Have a great moving and shaking day . . . see you later . . . :carrot:

meowee
05-30-2007, 05:11 PM
Hi gang . . . :wave:

Bye gang . . . see you later . . . :carrot:

meowee
05-31-2007, 10:39 AM
Hi again . . . :hug:

Where is everybody???? I'm talking to myself in here. :D

Have a good one wherever and whatever you are up to . . . :carrot:

jelynn
05-31-2007, 11:53 AM
Hi Linda! :wave: LOL

I'm hanging in- having a decent week. Still t-tapping and Tuesday was a running day which surprised me so much! Since focusing on the t-tapp I had to take a break from the treadmill. Well, imagine my surprise that I could run over a mile without stopping on Tuesday!!! Just proves that t-tapp is aerobic an d conditioning as well. It had been 3 weeks+ since running and I was no wear near running for 15ish minutes (yes, I'm slow lol) without stopping. CLoser to 4 and then 7 minutes then walking for a minute. Anyway I was happy :D
Eating is decent...water good. Pants are looser. Life is good.

Check in people!

jtammy
05-31-2007, 11:39 PM
Hey Linda, Just to let you know you're not talking to yourself. I'm listening (just wasn't talking back) ;), still doing the tortoise crawl.

Emily, Keep running. I'm impressed! I'm still trying to run 1/4 mile without stopping. Sad isn't it.

Crazy hectic day at work. Worked late, got home about 8:30 and still hadn't eaten dinner. I finally ate dinner and am at less than 1300 calories. I'm too tired to eat anything else (too full right now anyway).

I'm watching a new TV show right now on Discovery Health called "Healthy Decadence" - low fat/low calorie recipes. Come of the recipes sound good, but I have to watch my carbs a little closer than the host of the show does. So far, her recipes have been low fat, but quite high on white carbs (rice, pasta, flour). Not sure if that is typical or not. I need some new suggestions for things to cook.

Take care everyone.

meowee
06-01-2007, 09:23 AM
Good Morning . . . :hug:

Just started a new thread for June and here's the link . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1715803#post1715803 . . . hope to see you all over there . . .

Keep things moving and shaking, gang . . . later . . . :carrot: