Old 05-02-2007, 03:20 PM   #1  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Default Some days ...EASY, and others SO HARD!!!

For the last few days I have been SO HUNGRY! It has been really hard not to eat and eat and eat! Other days like today I eat what I have planned and could care less about eating anything extra! I find it to be really weird how changable I am like that. My activity level has been pretty much the same, and I have been on an even keel emotion-wise. Just seems SO strange to me!

Anyone else struggle with this?

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:29 PM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh yeah. Without a doubt. I wish I could pinpoint the cause, but there's just no rhyme or reason.

There are days when you could put ANYthing right in front of me and I could care less and then other days where the cardboard box from my cereal is starting to look good. Those days where I want to eat everything in sight are definetly more difficult. I hate um in fact. But they're bound to happen. When I am feeling that way, I try to make good choices. Because IF I'm truly hungry, well then I'm gonna eat. BUT it doesn't take a lot to fill me up. A couple of extra strawberries, a little dry cereal, some baby carrots and that kind of stuff. Yup, they haven't been planned and will take me over my calorie allotment, but such is life. It's times like those that I have to muster up lots of strength and remind myself just how important and just how badly I want to be a healthy weight.

Cheryl, no one ever said this was gonna be easy - worth it, yes - easy, no.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:43 PM   #3  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I am there with you girl!

My only strategy is to recognize bad days and try to eat around them! For instance, if I am starving, I plan a high volume meal so I can eat A LOT of it. For instance, I make a taco salad with turkey meat and a lot of lettuce, tomato, black beans, salsa, avocado, etc so that my plate is nearly bursting with goodness and I can eat it all without feeling bad.

Conversely, if I'm having a good day, I might indulge in something that I know I would usually overeat on - like pizza. I know I have the willpower today to say no to more than a slice or two and then I won't have the craving on a day that I'm starving.

Anyway, I hope that helps.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Yes, I am definitely hungrier on some days, I figure it all balances out.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I hate those days too. I try to have a couple of extra snacks planned in just in case—usually protein and that has helped me immensely.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

I've been hungrier the past few days, too! Especially in the evening. I've been looking over my calorie disbursement and found no clues. However, I did add 5 minutes to my eliptical workout...going from 35 to 40....maybe that has a little to do with it? It doesn't seem like enough addition to make me so hungry but I can't find another reason! Needless to say, I've been in bed by 9:00 because I don't want to sit up and be hungry! hahaha
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:22 PM   #7  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Cheryl,

Yes, I do have those days...usually it is two to three days in a row. I really think mine has something to do with hormone fluctuations. Sometimes, I'm not real careful about applying my hormones at the same time of day or I may forget a dose altogether. I've noticed that I'm can be much hungrier on those days. I've also noticed that I'm much hungrier on days when I'm tired and did not get a good nights sleep. But, I've heard that sleep also has an impact on hormones...so, all seems to come back to the same thing for me.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Could that TOM be coming? That's typically what happens to me. About a week before I get uncontrolable urges to eat everything. I have a hollow leg so to speak and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. When something pops in my head, I have to have it, even if I have "good" foods close at hand. For the longest time I didn't realize what was going on, then I started tracking my "hungry" days, and sure enough 1 to 1 1/2 weeks before I am an uncontrolable maniac. And then, nothing. I don't want anything extra, from my plan. When it ends, is different. It's not always when I start. It could be a few days before, or that day...but it's always ends BEFORE I actually start. Weird I know...but you might want to start tracking your "hungry" days.
Dyanm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

hmmm, interesting, Dyan. I'm about 1 week out right now.....
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:53 PM   #10  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Yep, Diane.....hormone fluctuations. We're just balls of wacky out-of-control hormones! Don't you just love being a woman.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:20 PM   #11  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

I went through this the past couple of days. I'm back to normal now. But I do not try to fight it. I eat. I don't feel bad as long as my choices are healthy. Yes, the adventures of womanhood.
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:06 PM   #12  
Ilerjo

S/C/G: 268/191/146

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up I thought it was just me!

I hadnt been on the site for a few weeks,computer was in shop for up-grade.When I read about these ladies having days of wanting to eat everything I just couldnt believe.I just knew I was the only one.I LOVE this site.Now I know things I thought was just a stuggle for me isnt!My biggest eating has been ice cream.I guess because I can get it thru the lap-band with NO problem.As much as I want.So,I see now it will pass,I just need make better choices for those "Pig Out" times.Thanks to EVERYONE!!!!!! It really helps me so much to know its not something I'm doing wrong or beat myself up as I have for the last 30+ years when I would fail at sticking to a Life change.I'm sending out a BIG IlerJo HUG to all!!!!!!!!
IlerJo is offline   Reply With Quote