LA Weight Loss - Congratulations to Juliemarie and Josie!!

emmysmom
05-02-2007, 11:19 AM
I thought we'd put all of our excitement on one easy-to-find thread for the new mommy!!:hug:

emmysmom
05-02-2007, 11:20 AM
Juliemarie - I can't even express how happy I am for you. I've watched your videos (many times) and it's just sooooo overwhelming. Congratulations on being a mommy!!!!! You have an absolutely adorable baby girl. And THANK YOU for allowing us to share this incredible journey with you. I'll be looking forward to all the cute stories you'll have in the months and years to come:hug:

JLem311
05-02-2007, 11:28 AM
so happy and excited for you! you already look so comfortable with her! you're going to be a wonderful mom!

MomOfThreeTeens
05-02-2007, 11:30 AM
I cant view the blog at work but I'll be jumping on when I get home to see the new baby girl and her proud mommy!! Congratulations JulieMarie!

LittleBlueCat
05-02-2007, 11:34 AM
How exciting!! Congratulations JM!! :cloud9: Josie is simply adorable :love:

zambejaly5
05-02-2007, 11:41 AM
:hug: :hug: :hug:

there was a pregnant smiley but nothing for a new baby, but lots of hugs anyway!!!!

zambejaly5
05-02-2007, 11:43 AM
just so it is easy to get to from here.

Julie's Blog:

http://vietnam-adoption-journey.blogspot.com/

smjezzy
05-02-2007, 11:47 AM
Copied from the Losers and Friends site.............

What a nice thing to wake up to this morning. I'm a bit depressed today so seeing these happy posts helped take some of my edge off.

JM - I just can't even tell you how happy I am for you. She is adorable and I can't imagine how happy you must be right now. The video brought a tear to my eye...or seven... Such an exciting and emotional time for you. Be strong though, no dog. It's not on the plan, VERY high in fat, dairy and starch. Give Josie a big hug for us. She's a lucky little girl.

Katie - The avatar is beautiful. Like JM this was a very exciting and happy time for you. You looked beautiful and I wish you a lifetime of happiness.

Mama Nicole
05-02-2007, 11:58 AM
JM......I said some stuff in the losers thread.....but I wanted to also share with you that my little boys watched your videos about 50 times with me this morning. They just loved the one of you and Josie and your mom giggling. They kept saying, "again, again....". Your baby is adorable.....and so are you :)
XOXO

hdsqrl
05-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Like Kim, I can't see them at work either, but for sure will when I get home. I'm SO happy for you both!!!

mamato2girls
05-02-2007, 12:41 PM
JM, I am so happy for you....MAMA!! Josie is such a cutie, and the videos made me cry. She has the cutest giggle.

Joni135
05-02-2007, 12:52 PM
I agree with Nicole and her boys......I just kept playing the "giggle" video over and over. and looking at her cute outfits. The internet is a wonderful tool! Too cute for words.

Angie
05-02-2007, 01:16 PM
I can't wait to read all you'll be learning about her. Likes, dislikes...new favourite things...it's so exciting. Congratulations new Mommy!

Repo girl
05-02-2007, 02:09 PM
JM- I still remember when you mentioned that you had considered adopting, and a lot of us on 3FC urged you to go for it, and now, here you are, a mommy! I said it then and I will say it now, you are going to be a fantastic mom. Congrats to you and Josie!

bizlawchik
05-02-2007, 03:07 PM
JM- I still remember when you mentioned that you had considered adopting, and a lot of us on 3FC urged you to go for it, and now, here you are, a mommy! I said it then and I will say it now, you are going to be a fantastic mom. Congrats to you and Josie!

I was just thinking about that too! I can't see the video at work, but I can't wait to get home and see it.

:congrat:

hkychik
05-02-2007, 03:40 PM
JM - she is awesome. Congrats to you, and to little Josie too.

dawn78
05-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Juliemarie, congratulations! She’s absolutely precious and she’s one lucky little girl because you’ll make a great mother. I bet you just have to pinch yourself to realize this is more than just a dream. Thank you for sharing your journey with us and I’m really looking forward to the next chapters! Have a safe trip home.

Kristi
05-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Julie - I, too, can remember when you first started talking about adopting and now you're a mommy! I'm so happy for you and she is an absolute doll. Enjoy your time in Vietnam and have a safe trip home. I'll be looking forward to hearing all about her in the coming months. My youngest is just a few months older than Josie so maybe once you're home and settled we could get them together to play. Have fun with your daughter!!

marzbe
05-02-2007, 05:15 PM
She's adorable JM!

JennAPeach
05-02-2007, 06:31 PM
You guys look great together - she is a DOLL!

Congrats, JM. I watched with tears in my eyes as you held your daughter. She's a blessing. I'm very happy for you.

juliemarie
05-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Thank you guys! She really is so amazing-and doing so well. Although-she had a lot of trouble sleeping last nite. She was so tired-but kept waking up once we finally got her to sleep. Not sure what the issue is-too hot, too cold, tummy troubles . . .Definately quite the adjustment for the both of us. She really loves mom too. She always wants to make sure she knows where each of us is.

Repo girl
05-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Good to hear from you! She is really in for a big adjustment, isn't she? Well, and you, of course! Hopefully she will sleep better tonight, after having another day to bond and get more comfortable. Enjoy!

JennAPeach
05-02-2007, 06:45 PM
Her sleep will calm down once she settles into a routine. My daughter still has times where she wakes in the middle of the night (at 15 mo).

Also, she's around one year old, right? So, she could be teething her molars, which might cause fusiness and irritability. She's reaching a lot of milestones and is dealing with a great deal of change. The best thing to do to help her sleep is to establish a consistent bedtime routine. We do a bath, massage, jammies, book, bottle and a few minutes rocking and softly singing, then it's bedtime. You don't have to do all of that, but just figure out a routine that works for you and follow it every night, so Josie knows what to expect. Good luck!!

juliemarie
05-02-2007, 06:49 PM
Yeah-I think you're right about a routine-hopefully we can settle into one within a couple of days.

zambejaly5
05-02-2007, 08:27 PM
with all the changes she is going through she may be looking for security too, when she wakes up she may just be double checking, "do I have a momma, is she still here?" every time you respond it reassures her that "oh yes this is mommy. it will come faster than you would think, when ever my kids went through a clingy stage or a stage where they were looking for reassurance I would just tell myself someday I will want to smother them with lovin's and they will be away at college. My oldest will be 18 next year...... where did the time go!!! hold on to ever second. they are all precious

Mama Nicole
05-02-2007, 08:50 PM
Well, if you want any other unwanted parenting advice......here ya go.......just hold her and love her all the time. I am with Lettie......I spoiled the daylights out of my babies........but only with love. I think a routine is wonderful and very helpful......and I use one for sure....now......but my youngest DS was clingy and a pain, and didn't want to let me go EVER........and I just held him all the time, rocked or nursed him to sleep (which all the experts will tell you that that is bad), and often napped with him......and now, at 2 1/2, he is sooo incredibly independant. The thing is..........you just have to do what your intincts tell you to. I know before you had a baby, you knew what everyone else should do with theirs (well, as least I did), and that is what is known as the mothering instinct. We all have it.......the problem usually resides with learning how to listen to it. I bet you guys are just exhausted by this point. Lettie is right.......she will adjust much quicker than you do. I am sure you are wonderful with her......she is so lucky :)

bella mia
05-02-2007, 10:42 PM
Just signed in and wanted to say Congratulations to you and Josie! She is beautiful and you can tell how much you love her. Children are the best gift that God can ever give us. You will and are an awesome mom, just be yourself and the rest will fall into place.

MM07
05-03-2007, 12:48 AM
Many congratulations to you and your beautilful baby girl! What a wonderful momma you are. I watched your video's and the one of you holding her is so precious. I totally cried, she's a very lucky little girl! What a wonderful journey you have embarked on, they truely are little angels. Congrats again!

zambejaly5
05-03-2007, 09:37 AM
Got to go see the blog today guys!!! its official! JM has pictures of the signing!

Congrats Julie and Josie,

I LOVE THE PICTURE OF JOSIE WITH THE BIG GRIN!!! IT SAYS IT ALL

emmysmom
05-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the update, Lettie...ever updated picture and video that I see of her and Josie just brings tears to my eyes...I'm so excited for her! And what an adorable smile Josie has...she looks as happy as mommy...definitely a match made in heaven:cloud9:

Joni135
05-03-2007, 11:49 AM
Tina - I'm right there with you. I actually find myself checking Julie's blog before checking with 3FC....I loved today's pictures....they have matching colors on....and they both look glowing!

Here's what her blog says about the signing, but the pictures are priceless!
She needs to include Gramma in one of the pics!!!

This morning I applied for Josie's passport and in the afternoon we had the Giving and Receiving ceremony at the Dept of Justice. We signed a book and some paperwork and had to assure them that we would care for our children as if they were biological children and provide updates and pictures for the next 18 years.

Mama Nicole
05-03-2007, 03:48 PM
I check her blog constantly too...........Josie is just a little miracle :)

Debbie367
05-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Of course JM's blog is now on my "Favorites" list. Josie looks so happy and JM is glowing from head to toe...such a beautiful and touching story and to think...we were all a part of it...even in some small way.

Joni135
05-04-2007, 07:06 AM
from Julie

I've been so concerned about making sure I get new pics and video up of Josie, I really haven't told you much about her.

She's covered in mosquito or some type of bug bites and skin rashes. They don't seem to bother her-she isn't itchy or anything that I can tell. We've been greasing her up in Aquaphor and putting a medicated cream on the bad ones. Looks like they are getting better. This is really common in children from the orphanges, and Josie was in the orphanage the whole time. We haven't gone there yet-I'm hearing it's not great. They said Josie was not thriving there. We're not sure what she weighs-we think about 14 pounds. She's got long legs though in comparison. We've got her in 9 mo clothing-though some 6 mo onesies also fit fine. Her legs completely stretch out the 9 mo sleepers-but they have plenty of room around. She's already eating quite a bit-I think she'll put on quite a bit of weight before we even bring her home.

She's started crawling yesterday-not sure she even realized what she was doing. She wasn't getting around too much the first day-but now if we put something she wants out of her reach-she'll start crawling to it. Her legs are not all that strong-but she's trying to pull herself up. She can stand and hold onto the couch pretty good-but I can't really let go of her for too long. She can pick things up pretty good with her hands. I'm not real good at knowing where children should be developmentally, but I'd guess she's a couple months behind. But -I bet she's going to catch up really quick. If not-they recommend early intervention right away. She has a peds appointment right away after we get home-and I'm sure we'll go over all that.

She has really taken to both Mom and me. She constantly checks to make sure she knows where we are. She's begun reaching for us to be picked up-and of course you've seen her smile. And laugh. She's really very happy and content. The only issue we've had is with sleeping. We can't get her to nap for very long-and at nite she wakes up after a couple of hours and it takes hours to get her back asleep. She doesn't really cry much during all of this-she's obviously tired, but she wants to play and be held. Held while standing/walking/swaying to be precise. She loves to be held and touched. So-thank God mom's here-we're tag-teaming at nite so we can get some sleep.

Crazy weather today-it's like a monsOon out there. I was going to go shopping for a stroller and more baby toys, but I'm going to hold off for a bit.

emmysmom
05-04-2007, 10:07 AM
Her blog in in my Favorites, too...isn't it great to experience this with her?! I can just feel the mommy/daughter love just by reading her blogs...it's just amazing:)

Joni135
05-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Julie's posted a little video of Josie. I think they wanted her to sing and dance, but she wasn't up for it. Keep trying Julie!!

Repo girl
05-07-2007, 09:03 AM
Oh, that video is so sweet. I love hearing JM say, "You wanna come to mama?" I wonder if it still feels weird to her to be called momma? I remember when my oldest was born, my family was referring to me as mommy. It seemed so weird. I still feel really weird when people call me Mrs. Weaver. No, no, that is my MIL, not me! Anyway, how darling.

Joni135
05-07-2007, 09:23 PM
There's another update that shows Julie, Josie and Grandma.....I guess Josie is teething and hasn't been sleeping too well. Welcome to motherhood!!

juliemarie
05-07-2007, 10:50 PM
Joni-because of your comment on the blog-you are my mom's new favorite person!

emmysmom
05-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Hi Juliemarie!!! I am soooo loving reading your blog...you are just glowing, mommy:)

juliemarie
05-08-2007, 10:10 AM
Hey Tina! I guess all the glowing is distracting you from the circles under my eyes! I don't thinks I've ever felt this tired before. And frustrated-Josie flat out doesn't want to sleep. The process of putting her down for naps and for the night takes hours each day. The teething didn't help. Good thing she's so darn cute and sweet otherwise. Stubborn though.

I need to go to bed. We finally got josie down-only took about an hour. I'm about ready to pass out at the computer.

emmysmom
05-08-2007, 10:16 AM
Just wait until she gets back home to her beautiful bedroom. Once you are in a routine and stable environment, she'll start to sleep better. If not, you learn to live on very sleep.:) My DD was up quite a few times last night because she was having bad dreams...not sure what triggered that. Josie is a cutie, though...and stubborn?...like her mommy already?...just kidding:)

juliemarie
05-08-2007, 10:25 AM
heh-you're not the first person to say that . . .

emmysmom
05-08-2007, 10:26 AM
Okay, step away from the computer and go TAKE A NAP!!!!!!

juliemarie
05-08-2007, 10:30 AM
*salutes* yes ma'am!

see-there was half a can of coke light left (that's diet coke to you westerners), and I couldn't let it go to waste. Especially since we've also got some malibu rum . . . .

emmysmom
05-08-2007, 10:34 AM
mmmmmm....can't blame you there :cheers:

Joni135
05-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Personally I think I'd give the rum to Josie in hopes that she would sleep better!

emmysmom
05-08-2007, 11:16 AM
If she has luck like mine, she would give the rum to Josie and it would keep her awake:dizzy:

hdsqrl
05-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Well, it looks like you're already in full-blown mommy-hood, at least. :) My DD wouldn't sleep more than an hour at a time for the first YEAR. I was a walking zombie, but eventually she DID learn to sleep longer and I found myself again. It may seem like the no-sleeping goes on forEVER, JM, but I promise that you'll survive this period somehow! :hug:

Repo girl
05-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Hey guys, there is a bunch of new video and some pics of their trip to Josie's orphanage. JM does a lot of talking in them, what a cute laugh she has!

Joni135
05-10-2007, 08:29 PM
I watched all the videos and after about the fifth one I started crying because I'm just a crybaby. In all honesty, the orphanage and nannies are a lot easier to watch than a lof of the American Idol Gives Back footage...
and Josie's going to love her room in Oregon!!

Repo girl
05-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Notice how when people walked past the babies cribs, they did not hold their arms up to be picked up? That made me feel bad. The nannies seemed really affectionate with the kids though, that was really nice.

juliemarie
05-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Joni/Katie-It was sad. It didn't hit me until we got back in the taxi to go home-and I just started crying. I don't know if those older children will ever be adopted. And I don't know what happens to them if they don't. I'm afraid to ask.

It only took Josie a couple of days to start reaching for me to be picked up. In the last couple of days she's come up with a name for me-sounds like Enya. Not sure if that's her version of mama or "that woman who keeps trying to make me sleep!" I'm still working on the mama though.

Everything's going really quickly here and I could have Josie's visa next week. I probably will have it no later than wednesday. Just waiting on the call from the embassy. It will be nice to get home so I can really establish a routine with her-hard to do in a hotel.

Joni135
05-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Julie - I always used to think in terms of the worst case scenario and realized it wasn't good for my well being....so now in bad situations, I make up happily ever after endings. Yes, I live in lala land (no drugs needed). You have done such a wonderful thing and each post you make does open my eyes a little wider. I know I'm not in a position to adopt, but the Big Sister program is certainly something I need to look into.

Oh, and the name Enya.....that's her way of reminding you of the healthy eating lifestyle that awaits you when you get home.... enya can't have salt; enya can't have the chocolate bar; enya can't have the the frozen margarita...

Keeping my toes and fingers crossed for Josie's visa and, hopefully, an earlier trip home.

Repo girl
05-11-2007, 12:01 AM
Oh, I hope the visa comes through quickly. I can only imagine how anxious you must be to take her to her home, put her bed in her crib, introduce her to the kitties, etc. Also, I suppose that the rest of your fam is dying to hold her too!

zambejaly5
05-11-2007, 07:08 AM
it will be nice to have you home, even though you come on here from there, it still feels like you are gone sort of. we can't wait to get you back and to see pic's of our Josie in her cute room!

Debbie367
05-11-2007, 07:24 AM
JM - Thank you for keeping us all updated on Josie. I love to check your blog and to see if you've posted on the board. I am sure once you get little miss Josie home she will slip right on in to her routine.

I can't even think about those poor little angels in the orphanage. When I read your blog about them sitting on the beds pushed together my heart just melted. I wanted to fly over and pick them all up!

Enya - reminds me of the singer...her music is so calming and relaxing. That must be how Josie feels with her Mama...like she is home.

Be safe and good luck with the Visa! We can't wait to see Josie at home in her new beautiful room.

Oh and I LOVE the grandma picture!! She has that grandma glow....very proud of her new granddaughter!

xoxoxoxo
debbie

Debbie367
05-12-2007, 05:57 PM
JM - Love the new pics you posted on the blog!! Josie is stylish :D

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well! I hope you have a speedy recovery, for everyone's sake! LOL

Joni135
05-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Josie is stylish indeed. I love the little bathing suit...too cute.

Mama Nicole
05-13-2007, 09:25 AM
For Mother's Day, I wish you long long naps, and a great night's sleep, and your cold to go away. Like Joni.........I tend to dream big, but that is my wish for you.

I love to spend time with my kids, but sometimes, on Mother's Day.......I get the day off (well, as off as I can take it). I don't leave the house or anything (although a few years I have left for the day)......but the kids or DH or my mother kind of do as many of my chores and responsibilites as possible......and I kind of get to relax and just play or hang out. It is nice. I used to feel quilty........like I had to make this wonderful day all about the kids and DH.......but now, I actually let them take care of me for a day.......it's pretty nice.

I hope you all get to come home soon. You will feel so much more confident and relaxed at home with your little baby girl.
XOXO

juliemarie
05-13-2007, 09:53 AM
Hi All-I'm starting to feel better-actually I think it has something to do with the air conditioning cuz I always feel better outside. That makes sense for the throat part-but not the body aches. This morning I was having trouble lifting her as both my arms and legs wanted to give out.

Josie slept less than 9 hours in a 24 hour period. That's not normal is it? She slept about 8 hours and took 2 30min naps. I haven't slept well since we got her-I think she has bad dreams and I wake up at every whimper. Mom has been great-yesterday she made me nap twice while she watched Josie.

Tonite-it only took 15 minutes of wrestling to get her down. Maybe that's my mother's day present:D

I am looking forward to getting home and getting in a routine with her. I think she's making up for lost time with all this needy behavior. It's not like she's ever had this much attention before.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you too! Pretty amazing to be part of the club now. Hopefully I will soon figure out how to use the bathroom, shower, and eat without Josie throwing a fit!

Joni135
05-13-2007, 11:27 AM
Happy Mother's Day Julie!!!! (and to your mom too!)
Hope whatever is making you achy goes away really soon.
Julie - I know NOTHING about how to deal with your situations...the only thing I remember my sister's doctor telling her was no kid every died from crying!! He told my sister to "Take your shower, shut the door, turn the radio up, and let that child cry away....she will survive..." I'm sure there are some moms out here that will give you much better advice....and the reassurance that she will "grow out of it~"

Repo girl
05-13-2007, 11:42 AM
Happy Mother's Day JM!

Joni135
05-15-2007, 11:00 AM
update on Julie's blog:
Well-we had our second interview at the embassy today and will get Josie's visa tomorrow. We've changed our flight out of here (again!) and are leaving the 21st-arriving in Portland on the 22nd.

Mom and I are starting to get better-we feel better when we go out-so we think the air conditioning is making us sick. Then again-a cold or something is not inconcievable with the lack of sleep and stress going on right now.

Josie's doing great-slept 10.5 hours straight the other nite, and 8.5 last nite. And the last couple of nites I've put her in the crib awake and she cries a little of and on-but gets herself to sleep. Cool! Still doesn't really want to nap in the room-she keeps falling asleep in weird places-the highchair in the restaurant, in the snugli, the lounge chair by the pool . . .

We did some shopping today and hope to hit the museum of ethnology tomorrow.

smjezzy
05-15-2007, 11:39 AM
Julie you'll get used to it fairly quickly. Relax and enjoy. Hope you feel better soon. I know you'll perk up when you get home and are back in familiar surroundings.

Angie
05-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Julie -- I bet you're feeling crap because of the change in your sleeping schedule. I remember feeling like a bus hit me in the weeks after Cameron arrived. As for sleeping, there are big differences between each baby, but on baby center the general rule of thumb for a 9 month old (is that about where Josie is?) is 11-14 hours sleep per night, plus naps twice a day for 1-2 hours. So anywhere from 12-16 hours a day. She may just be a little over stimulated too; as you mentioned, she's getting a lot more attention now than she used to. For Cameron the answer lay in establishing a routine, which is tough until you are back on home ground, but I think it helps the baby understand that's it's time to relax. Ours goes something like this:

6:45 - Bath
7:00 - Dry off, and put on jammies
7:00 - Read a story with mommy while drinking a bottle
7:15-7:30 Go to bed

We practiced the rule of letting him cry for 5 minutes, then coming in to reassure him, then leaving again and returning 5 minutes later. Some people add 5 minutes each time, but I coudl barely stand to wait out just 5 minutes. It worked well for us. I had to go in about 8 times the first night, and only 4 the second night, and by night 3 it was only twice.

The key for sleeping through the night seems to be creating the same conditions under which the baby fell asleep in the first place. So, for example, if you rock the baby to sleep (which I did for the first 8-9 months!), then it's not surprising that he can't soothe himself back to sleep when he wakes through the night...he wants to be cuddled to sleep again...or to drink a bottle till he falls asleep again. Once we started putting him in, after he finished his bottle, drowsy, that worked for us. It didn't totally stop the night wakings, but it helped reduce them by about half.

Sorry to go on so long, you'll have to figure out what works best for you and Josie, but I wanted to offer this as an option for you. I hope you get some sleep soon!

BTW, if you check out babycenter.com they have a section on sleep for each age group.

Angie
05-15-2007, 01:03 PM
Oh, shoot I was a little late with all my unsolicited sleep advice. I just read Joni's post, and see she's sleeping better already. Great news!

Joni135
05-15-2007, 03:07 PM
Angie - I'm sure Julie welcomes all advice...what Josie is doing today won't necessarily be what she's doing tomorrow....I actually got a little drowsy reading Cameron's routine.....kids don't know how lucky they've got it!

To those that haven't read it, Julie will be home in Oregon in one week!!

Mama Nicole
05-15-2007, 03:15 PM
I still suck in as much parenting advice as I can. I am sure JM does as well. You get really good at picking out what feels right for you. The only advice I ever had a problem with was those rude people who acted as if I was doing things flat out WRONG, like my EMIL. She always gives her little ideas in a real condescending way.......and she is just plain old mean. Anywhoo, JM won't have to worry about an EMIL, but really, even strangers will try to give you advice, and it's not always in a friendly fashion. Oh well. You get thick skin when you are a mommy. :) I just can't wait to hear all of the stories when JM gets home!!!!

juliemarie
05-15-2007, 04:54 PM
Heh-it's about 4 am and I'm out here waiting for Josie to go back to sleep. (please, please go back to sleep). She's not really crying-more like protesting a bit every minute or so. The gaps get longer and longer and I think she'll be asleep soon. But I can't go back in there and go to bed until she's completely asleep.

Yeah-I definately feel hit by a bus sometimes. I was falling asleep at the computer last nite while updating the blog at like 8pm or so. So-when she woke up at 3:30 I was like, no way, not again . . Yesterday she got up at 4 for good.

Ooh-it's been at least 2 minutes now-not a peep. fingers crossed.

And I definately appreciate all the advice-I can't wait to get home and really establish a routine. Hopefully she likes the glider rocker, cuz pacing back and forth with her is for the birds.

Oh-and she'll be 11 months tomorrow . . .

Joni135
05-17-2007, 04:27 PM
So Julie - is Josie's one year birthday on June 16th? Are you going to Chuck-e-Cheese???

juliemarie
05-17-2007, 05:38 PM
Ha! June 17th actually. She's be baptized that day also. And it's father's day . . . .So, we'll have one big celebration!

emmysmom
05-22-2007, 10:36 AM
WELCOME HOME JULIEMARIE AND JOSIE!!!!

:cheer2: :cheer: :woo: :sunny: :cheer2: :cheer: :woo: :sunny: :cheer2: :cheer: :woo: :sunny: :cheer2: :cheer: :woo: :sunny:

Mama Nicole
05-22-2007, 11:21 AM
yeah, what she said......... :)

Angie
05-22-2007, 11:32 AM
WELCOME BACK!!

Repo girl
05-22-2007, 06:46 PM
Welcome back ladies!

Mama Nicole
05-22-2007, 09:17 PM
and still trying to get over the rabbit baby food.......ewww!

mamato2girls
05-22-2007, 09:32 PM
I know you're so glad to be home! Can't wait to see pics of Josie in her new home. And I'm with Nicole on the rabbit baby food. Yucky!!

Joni135
05-22-2007, 10:49 PM
Julie, Josie, and Grandma - welcome home! Hope Josie handled her first plane ride well! Looking foward to an update when time permits.

Barb316
05-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Julie,
Josie is beautiful. You look so happy. I am so happy for you both!

marzbe
05-23-2007, 07:49 PM
Welcome Back! :woo: :celebrate: :woo:

Now how are the cats handling their dethroning?

Mama Nicole
05-24-2007, 03:48 PM
JM.........I am sure you are so busy with Josie and introducing her to all of her new family members and friends........just know we are all thinking of you, and you don't know how much I wish I could run over on any average weekday and say, "ok, I"m here for 2 hours.......go take a bath.....and here are some earplugs." I hope your mom is able to help you lots in these first few weeks home. My mom always tried real hard to help me out the first couple of weeks after we brought a new baby home.

juliemarie
05-26-2007, 01:54 PM
Hey Guys! This will probably be short-I'm currently distracting Josie with something that I probably shouldn't let her have so I can type a couple of minutes . . . she doesn't like me on the computer unless she's on my lap trying to destroy it.

Anyway-we survived the trip home-there were several hours of pure ****. I was awake for aver 50 hours-and then had to deal with Josie at nite. My SIL stayed a couple of days (mom went home) and took over the first nite because I couldn't even stand up or pick her up at one point. Since then-I've dealt with her at nite. Which means she sleeps for 2 hours and just as I'm going to bed-she wakes up and stays up for hours-either playing or screaming.

She's been really crany-on the edge of a meltdown for the last 2 days. SIL left last nite so I'm on my own. Haven't had a shower yet-I need to bring up the saucer we got for the bathroom-but can't figure out how to do it while she's awake. She's so tired-she only slept for 5 hours. I may just plop her in the crib and go for it.

Grr-she's losing it and my mail is all over the floor. I'm taking a shower-pray she falls asleep while i'm in there.

I'll be back-

julie

zambejaly5
05-26-2007, 07:43 PM
I know it is controversial but I was a huge believer of sleeping with my kids. when they were next to me the slept 10 times better. I didn't do it with my first and fought bed time and staying asleep a lot. but with my other 4. I just let them snuggle. they slept through the night much faster and if they did wake up in the night they would just lay next to me in the dark and fall asleep faster.

I hope you enjoyed your shower........ there again. take it with her if she doesn't want to part from you.

and remember you can't "spoil" a baby by giving it too much love and attention. you spoil teenagers buy giving too many gifts....

she has a lot of attention to make up for.

Angie
05-27-2007, 07:46 PM
Great advice Libby! I held Cameron all the time, despite all the warnings that I would spoil him, but it worked for us and I loved it (especially knowing that one day he won't want to cuddle anymore) and relished every moment. I would have had him sleeping with us, simply because I love it, and as you said, they just go back to sleep more easily it seems. The only reason I didn't do that was because DH was pretty set against it (guess why? lol).

Julie -- I feel for you so much right now! How about a baby einstein dvd in her saucer while you take a 10 minute shower? We bought a portable dvd player (aka LIFESAVER) and it bought us 10-20 minute boughts of sanity in airports, while in the bathroom, or in the car....best investment ever. I know you can't let them watch too much, but if you save it for those times, it really works.