South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 08:56 AM   #1  
Michael Ann 1973

Exclamation That's It! I'm Done Forever!!!

It's true...I am done!

I am done living by my past habits and attitudes. Last night at Weight Watchers we started talking and it really became apparent to me that of the 5 people in attendance, we all are so battered and bruised by past weight loss failures.

I lost 2 1/2 pounds at weigh in and I was the only one that lost last night. Needless to say, I did not disclose my loss because everyone was so bummed out.

One lady is getting married in June and she has been gaining weight--not losing. She got blood work back and found out that she had an extreme B12 deficiency and extremely elevated cortisol. Her Mom actually said to her, "You need to postpone your wedding, because you don't want to get married looking like you do..." She was so angry and hurt and I really can't blame her at all. How mean and evil!

We all shared our stories of childhood issues with Mom's, friends, and ourselves. Our leader asked us if we believed that we could reach goal and I raised my hand, but the majority did not. One lady, our University Librarian, said that that was the one thing in her life that she didn't have control over and she was so ashamed by it. She just didn't know how to overcome the weakness.

I felt so sad and discouraged, but then I said that that was absolutely unacceptable to me. When I was diagnosed in October with insulin resistence and given medication that was the key that unlocked my door. Call it the placebo effect or whatever you want to, but since that day in October I have been losing weight and I haven't looked back. That has been 7 months now...I have never stuck to anything this long.

I also quit drinking and I am going to quit smoking too. I told the girls last night that I wasn't doing all this merely to look great--I am doing it live!

So That's It! I am Done Forever!!!

Done failing and done convincing myself that I will fail.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:02 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Wow, good for you. We need to remember that this road to weight loss is not just about looking good on the outside but on the inside as well. It is about being healthy and happy. A big pat on the back to you. Keep up the good work.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:09 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Sunny,

I am so very happy for you! Many of us start Southbeach with the sole intention of looking better. We often forget the awesome health benefits to following this plan. I also have insulin resistance and Southbeach is the first plan in a looooong time that has worked for me. I am also a former 1 1/2 pack a day smoker. I quit on October 19, 2005..a red letter day! I am here for you to offer my support and encouragement. Please free to PM me at any time.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:46 AM   #4  
Liz

S/C/G: 307/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

Awesome! Way to stay motivted. I feel exactly like you do. I'm tired of failing. I'm tired of being fat. I will not give up!! I'm also insulin resistant and a 10 cigarrette a day smoker... I want to quit too, but I'm trying to conquer one vice at a time....
Old 05-02-2007, 09:48 AM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

What your mind is telling you, your body will follow... The right mindset is 99% of the battle..and I think you've won it!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 10:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

SunnyBunny!
Old 05-02-2007, 10:12 AM   #7  
On The Beach!

Brava! What an up-lifting post! Thanks!!
Old 05-02-2007, 10:32 AM   #8  
Tired of being fat

S/C/G: 278

Height: 5'3

Talking Wtg!

I think it's your time to shine girl

That's exactly what happened to me.. Getting a call from my doctors office saying my doctor wanted me to make an appt to see me about my high BP which I've NEVER had except during pregnancy, I thought, ok this is what I needed to kick my butt into getting on track.. I got angry for giving up on myself before, and am now using that anger to drop this weight..

You should be PROUD!! I'm proud of you
Old 05-02-2007, 11:10 AM   #9  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Thanks for sharing your story and congratulations. I also have PCOS and had tried in the past to lose wt. and would get so frustrated when the lbs. wouldn't come off. I'm now on med's for this and the wt. came off. Your attitude is great and I know you can do it.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:27 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm 68 and just decided two weeks ago that I'm done forever! I'm no longer dieting but eating the South Beach way AND working out for the first time in my life!

I'm glad you had your wake-up call at an early age.

This is a very inspiring post! Thank you so much for sharing.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:55 PM   #11  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Sunnybunny you ROCK!

Jay
Old 05-02-2007, 04:17 PM   #12  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

SunnyBunny

What a great post. Glad to hear your positive attitude. What a blessing for your health too.

The benifits that I have noticed since october is that my feet and ankles don't hurt after I stand all day at work anymore. No longer do I have to come home from work and lay on the couch until the pain in my legs goes away. Instead I go work out!

Hopefully you will be an inspiration to your friends at weight watchers.

Thanks for posting,

Stinger
Old 05-02-2007, 06:25 PM   #13  

I'm on my third day of SB and what a day it is. I'm hungry, tired and just want to go home and go back to my bad habits.

Thanks for your post. You've given me inspiration to get through the rest of my day. I'm going to eat my carrots and drink some water and be a good girl. Because I too don't want to fail again.

Thanks
Old 05-02-2007, 06:38 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

miamore, to the Beach!
I'm glad you decided to hang in there, remember, the 3rd day is usually the hardest, and you're almost over it! But instead of eating your carrots, how about trading them in for some raw broccoli or red bell peppers until you reach Phase 2? Carrots should be avoided in Phase 1 because of the sugar content, it may trigger cravings.
Closed Thread