South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 09:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Salad dressings

What are the rules for Salad dressing choices? (I thought I already posted this)
Old 05-01-2007, 10:22 PM   #2  
On The Beach!

This is from SBD site, What to Eat - Phase 1 section:

Salad Dressing - 2 TBS. Use those that contain 3 grams of sugar or less per 2 TBS. Best choices contain canola or olive oil. Low carb salad dressings may also be used if they meet these guidelines.

HTH!
Old 05-01-2007, 11:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 206/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Thanks a bunch!
Old 05-02-2007, 03:36 AM   #4  

personally I love plain good olive oil drizzled over with a bit of kosher salt. it is so good in its simplicity and really brings out the flavor of the greens. Hopefully this is okay for SB, but I'm pretty sure it is since there's no sugar and there's no processing. it's probably higher in fat, but it's all good fat.

Today I made a great Asian style dressing with rice wine vinegar, natural peanut butter, and fresh ginger. it was a real treat on a salad with spinach and chicken.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:01 AM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I HATE "diet" salad dressing..it just tastes gross to me. There is a brand I get called "litehouse" (I don't think it's promoted as "lite" but not sure) They have a bunch of varieties that have 2 sugars that are very yummy.

I'm one of those people who likes a lot of dressing, so I got some that ztrim stuff to make it go a little further for creamy dressings and I add a little olive oil or more vinegar or some white cooking wine to my "oily" dressings.

On a side note, there is a local company here that makes the most amazing salad dressing. My absolute favorite is "Creole Tomato" (it really doesn't taste much like tomotos, more like a mildly spicey super fantastic ranch) It has NO sugar in it at all. It comes refridgerated, so I'm sure it will be a bit pricey to have it shipped overnight, but as a treat I would think it would be worth the price. http://www.cousinsproducts.com
Old 05-02-2007, 05:02 PM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Old bay seasoning is good on salads
also since I'm not a huge dressing fan I do Cottage cheese or Shredded cheese or Salsa for an Added Veggie bonus!
Old 05-02-2007, 05:33 PM   #7  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

The Southbeach cookbooks have some great recipes for salad dressings. Most are made with extra-virgin olive oil.
Closed Thread