Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 05-01-2007, 06:15 PM   #1  
:)

S/C/G: 180/118/117

Height: 5'8 and 1/2

Smile Your opinion of these strength workouts

Last week I found a link to this site www.reachfitness.tv which has a bunch of workout videos on it(I'm pretty sure you have to be registered to see whole videos, but it's free). There are several strength videos on there-they're pretty short. I did the Full Body Sculpt 3 yesterday, but I'm not sore at all today. Anyways, if any of you have seen them I was wondering what you think of them. Do you think they're pretty good strength training workouts?
xtiffanyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:51 PM   #2  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Hi Tiffany

I took a look at this site and lets just say I don't think it's one I'm going to bookmark. While watching the full body sculpt 3 workout the first thing I saw made me cringe, squats with upright rows. After watching a couple of other strength videos on this site I noticed many of these routines were executed rather quickly with lighter dumbbells. Size of the weight not an issue because we all are at different levels, but the speed in which these are executed bothered me. I prefer to go heavy and slow. There just would not be enough time for me to concentrate upon correct form. Nor would there be enough time to make a connection between the movement and the muscle in which it was intended to target. Just my opinion.

I also noticed that many of the videos were seven or ten minutes long at the most and after watching two I found that several exercises were thrown into the routine. I really think that it takes longer than just seven minutes to do a chest workout effectively. It seems more like a cross between cardio and lifting but not really one or the other.

You may want to look at some of the videos offered through Expert Village. It's not a complete workout but demos of specific exercises. http://www.expertvillage.com/videos/...quat-press.htm
They also offer different videos for stretching, Yoga, Pilates etc. I also like http://www.trainwithmeonline.com/ as well. Many of their exercises are with a fitball which is another way to challenge your core while doing lighter strength training. Well, lighter for me anyway, I'm afraid of rolling off the ball and sending a 25lb dumbbell into someone behind me.

Anyway, just my opinion. There are a lot of great sites and the best sites are the ones that offer suggestions that meet your needs. Good luck with your goals.
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:32 PM   #3  
Dieting Diva

Thanks Lydia- that gives me a little direction of what to look for.
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:40 PM   #4  
:)

S/C/G: 180/118/117

Height: 5'8 and 1/2

Thanks Lydia-I was a little concerned about the speed at which he was going, but since I'm kinda new to strength training I didn't know if he was actually going too fast, or if I'm usually just too slow. For the most part, I think I was going quite a bit slower than him because I was afraid of injuring myself-I definitely don't want to do that. Thanks for the links too...I'm going to check them out now.
xtiffanyx is offline   Reply With Quote