LA Weight Loss - First Day on Plan!!!

View Full Version : First Day on Plan!!!

ambrosiapixie
05-01-2007, 03:18 PM
So today I started my Gold plan (how do they decide what "color" you are anyhow?). Not doing too bad. I still have some grapes, a rice cake, and a LA lite while I am at work....and dinner at home.

Those LA lites....ugh...so SWEET!! I'm sure for those of you who struggle with the sweet tooth that some of those bars are a welcome treat. But sweets aren't my problem....salties are. I love chips and nachos and salty style snacks (mainly because I don't salt anything...so I suppose my body craves the sodium). Anyhow...tried the Cookie Dough this morning...not too bad but so very very SWEET to me!! Ugh!

Anyhow...back to chugging my water :(

smjezzy
05-01-2007, 03:25 PM
Welcome and good luck! I think the correct answer to you color plan question is weight, activity level, work schedule. I'm with you on the salty thing. Sgt. Salty Dawg will keep you under control though. You'll meet him later...chime right on in dan....

MomOfThreeTeens
05-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Welcome Lil Pixie!!! This plan works! I hope you have great success!!

emmysmom
05-01-2007, 04:13 PM
Welcome!:wave:

The cookie dough bars are very sweet...you might like one of the others better, like peanut butter.

Dan2112
05-01-2007, 04:15 PM
AP, you and I are the same.. While I can appreciate sweet treats, my BIG addiction is to salty stuff, which is probably why I'm known around here as the Salt Police... It's such an obsession with me that I've overcompensated for my addiction by going WAY off the deep end with my sodium mg counting...

I find the peanut butter isn't near as sweet at the others.. Especially if you microwave it for 15 seconds or so...

I also LOVE the carmel bars.. Probably WAY to sweet for you, but they taste so much better than 80% of the other bars, in my opinion...

emmysmom
05-01-2007, 04:18 PM
Pixie - did you purchase the lites because you can do the plan without them...just a thought:)

ambrosiapixie
05-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Actually...in my particular center lites are NOT an option unless you are medically excused from them due to allergy. It is in my contract. :( I don't know if its a franchise thing or a new thing or what.....but I did not have an option on the lites.

smjezzy
05-01-2007, 04:33 PM
Actually...in my particular center lites are NOT an option unless you are medically excused from them due to allergy. It is in my contract. :( I don't know if its a franchise thing or a new thing or what.....but I did not have an option on the lites.

Mmm, wow, where are you in texas? I thought LA Weight loss just got in lots of trouble for that. I'm in austin and I don't do lites

ambrosiapixie
05-01-2007, 05:32 PM
I am up in Dallas...and its plain as day on the contract that I MUST purchase the lites unless advised otherwise by a physician

hdsqrl
05-01-2007, 05:34 PM
Yeah, here in KC we have to use the lites, too. I mean, they can't MAKE us purchase them, but they have to tell us that we have to use them. It's kind of a silent acknowledgement that maybe people aren't using the lites but no one says that out loud. For me, I bought them in bulk and love the twice-daily treat, but I know others don't use them and are doing well. :)

marzbe
05-01-2007, 06:29 PM
The lighter Lites are also not as sweet. When I'm craving salt and not sweet, I almost always go with either the Key Lime or the Caramel Crunch. They both do the trick. Also the Strawberry-Kiwi drink mix is also not sweet at all. I personally have sliced up a cookie dough and tossed it with a 100 calorie pack of pretzles on tons of occassions. It's the perfect mix of salt and sweet. ;)

ambrosiapixie
05-01-2007, 06:35 PM
Anybody have any experience with the soups?? When the center called to check on me today since its my first day on plan...they asked if I had any comments, so I mentioned that I'm not much on the sweets....so they suggested that when I come in to buy my lites I try the soups...

Repo girl
05-01-2007, 06:38 PM
Yeah, I'm a salt hound too.

Welcome Pixie!

Mama Nicole
05-01-2007, 06:50 PM
I don't eat lites (soy intolerance), so I am not really going to be of much help, except to tell you that if you you REALLY don't want to eat the lites, there are ways to get out of them. I do think they are helpful to some, but they are not for everyone. I didn't even know I was soy intolerant until I started eating lites.........and when I mentioned tummy trouble after a few weeks, my COD suggested that I try not using them....and I did get a Dr. note, but didn't end up needing it. Anywhoo, if you can make them work for you, by all means, do so......but if you really don't want to eat them, you can always say that they upset your stomach (gas, bloating, cramping). Oh, and welcome......this is a wonderful plan........and an even more wonderful group :)

Repo girl
05-01-2007, 07:05 PM
Thats right! Just march into your center and tell them that the bars gave you the worst gas you have ever had, and your family has told you that you must STOP THE INSANITY! LOL, sorry, I couldn't resist. Actually, I have IBS so I am not on bars either.

Debbie367
05-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Welcome!!!! I am on Purple with Lites...and I like the Chocolate Crunch bars. They are not too sweet and don't seem to have the fake chocolate taste like double chocolate. My center has individual bars or sale so I can try them out before buying a box. I LOVE the lites..they really help take the edge off.

emmysmom
05-02-2007, 11:05 AM
I have tried the chicken soup and it's actually pretty good...I added some chicken and carrots and made a little chicken soup out of it...not too bad.

Katie - you crack me up! :rofl:

MomOfThreeTeens
05-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Does the Chicken soup count as a lite??? I'm looking for things that will be easy to prepare for after my surgery. I'm going to make some things from the cookbook and freeze them ahead of time, but I sure like soup!!!

emmysmom
05-02-2007, 02:43 PM
Yes, it does count as a lite...it's a creamy chicken soup.

Speaking of your surgery, are you going to be brave a take before and after pics? You should...and if you feel comfortable enough, you should post them. I'm like a fanatic when it comes to plastic surgery. I've never had anything done, but I like to see the before and afters.

MomOfThreeTeens
05-02-2007, 02:46 PM
I've never had anything done before either Tina, but I'm so excited at the thought of having this loose skin gone that I'm about to shout! I know the recovery is going to be a b*tch but the results are going to be SO worth it. The doc told me I would be a pants size smaller with the "empty Walmart bag" gone from my lower abdomen. Sure I'm brave enough, I'll post some pictures so everybody can see my amazing transformation! LOL

bizlawchik
05-02-2007, 04:13 PM
Welcome Pixie! On the subject of the lites, I don't like the cookie dough either. I like the caramel crunch (not deluxe), the chocolate coconut and the chocolate crunch. Oh yeah, and the chocolate raspberry. I also like the hot chocolate and soup, the cafe au lait and the shakes. I like the LA vanilla shake w/ a packet of splenda and either 3/4c blueberries, 1/2c pineapple or 1/2 banana. It's a lite and a fruit and very yummy. Not too sweet and a good quick breakfast. So maybe they are options for you. Good luck!

ambrosiapixie
05-02-2007, 05:40 PM
Today I tried the Chocolate Coconut...and minus the aftertaste its not bad. Currently muching on the Honey Nougat and thats not too bad either!!

Went in today to buy my lites....I am down 2 pounds at this moment....BUT...today I was with the manager and we were talking and such and I casually mentioned my work schedule while we were talking about water .... so now I am on Blue instead of Gold.....heh....apparently she didn't realize I work 10-12 hours per day!!

bizlawchik
05-02-2007, 05:51 PM
I LOVE blue. It has made things so much easier! The extra starch and 1/2P are lifesavers.

Jillibean1
05-03-2007, 10:53 AM
I like the blue best also. In the past, I've also been on red and gold. There is only one thing that I would change about the blue. When I was on red, I would get 2 slices of pizza once a week. Now it's only one. I'm thinking of upping the exercise from my current 4 hours/week to over 5 when I get out of school and have more time. I want that extra slice of pizza, but some of the other portion sizes are too big for me on the red plan.
Jill

bizlawchik
05-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Jill - I'm with you on the pizza. And I also want to veggie burgers. I love them open faced on a 4" pita. (aahhhh.... memories...)

Kimphin
05-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Cassi - you can't have veggie burgers anymore?

ambrosiapixie
05-03-2007, 04:05 PM
OMG....

I tried the caramel deluxe today......I am in LOVE!!! I like it better than snickers!! Those things RAWK!!! :carrot:

bizlawchik
05-03-2007, 04:21 PM
Kim - Oh, I can have veggie burgers, but now only one. :(

Mama Nicole
05-03-2007, 04:29 PM
Cassi..........that just sucks!!! I love having 2 veggie burgers too.....although I can only have them once in a while (soy).

Pixie...glad you found some lites that may work for you. They are a wonderful tool, and when I did try them, I LOVED the honey nougat. Keep up with the great losses.

Kim #2......how many days now? I am sooooo thrilled for you. I can't wait to see your before and after pics........and knowing you, you will have a super speedy recovery. Half of the battle is the mindset going into surgery, and girlie.....yours is awesome :)

momerath
05-03-2007, 05:41 PM
I like the blue best also. In the past, I've also been on red and gold. There is only one thing that I would change about the blue. When I was on red, I would get 2 slices of pizza once a week. Now it's only one. I'm thinking of upping the exercise from my current 4 hours/week to over 5 when I get out of school and have more time. I want that extra slice of pizza, but some of the other portion sizes are too big for me on the red plan.
Jill

I agree. When I started doing the Lites again and was moved from purple to gold, the 1 slice of pizza less hurt. Who can stop at one piece?!

Because of my exercising, they offered to move me up to either blue or red. I chose blue for a variety of reasons, but I was very tempted by the red, if only for the extra slice of pizza! (Or the larger carb craver serving in general... my favourite is Frosted Flakes for breakfast, but I don't even bother on blue, because 3/4 of a cup is NOTHING :p)

As for lites, I'm all for the sweet ones. The sweeter the better. Cookie dough, honey nougat, caramel and ESPECIALLY s'more are my favourites. So if you're looking for non-sweet, I'd recommend ignoring the ones I just mentioned :)

marzbe
05-03-2007, 06:48 PM
The whole reason I keep working out like a crazy woman is the food on Red. The Carb Craver Cereal on it's own is two whole cups of cheerios! I toss in some strawberries and coconut to work as a fruit and fat, and I'm full for hours on end. (which in turn has me lower on the rest of my exchanges for the day ;) )

The massive serving sizes can totally be a bummer sometimes. I mean if I didn't do 8 mini meals a day, I would never ever get the food in. Amazingly, I've gotten used to eating 2 Turkey Burgers at once.

Now with stabilzation it's 6 Veggies a Day! I've officially given up lettuce, there's no way I could fit them all in if I ate lettuce. Next week I get to add a 1/2 Protein, with the massive protein portions, it's going to be a challenge.

If I could only do a CC piza three times a week. :devil: That would solve all my fitting in the stupid extra food problem. ;)

momerath
05-03-2007, 07:02 PM
One of the main reasons I didn't go for red is because I just can't handle all of the proteins. Even my precious peanut butter; 3 tablespoons can be pretty tough to swallow, quite literally. And I don't know what I'd do with all of that food after stabilization!

On the flipside though, and I agree with you, Megan, is the pizza problem. I could spend an entire day eating pizza. I would have no problem getting my proteins in if carb cravers, especially the pizza and cereal, were allowed all the time! I've actually decided to stay away from the carb cravers altogether at least until I'm on stabilization, because I found it's just too hard to stop at the allowed amount. Even when I was on purple, 2 slices of pizza somehow became 4 or 5. Pizza is definitely a problem food for me :p

In any case, I don't intend to keep up the huge amount of exercise I've been doing lately forever; I don't want to be stuck on red for stabilization, and then find that it's waaay too much once I start cutting back a bit on the exercise.

MomOfThreeTeens
05-03-2007, 10:07 PM
Nicole- my surgery is May 22nd, 19 days! I have my Pre-op appointment tomorrow. Last minute instructions, prescriptions for the heavenly pain killers,etc....I'll take some before pics and figure out how to post them and I'll get afters as soon as I can stand up LOL

saranacbnl
05-04-2007, 10:59 AM
Wow - Congrats on your loss MomofThree. I was just reading this thread and saw that - awesome. And good luck with your surgery. I think it is great that you are doing that - I am hoping I lose enough to do that too :)

AndreaMarie
05-06-2007, 12:18 AM
You might want to re-read your contract on the Lites. They are usually required for "guaranteed weight loss" and to get your rebate but they should NOT be mandatory for the program in itself.

ambrosiapixie
05-06-2007, 06:41 PM
I did re-read my contract....heh...my job is all about contracts :D

It states you MUST purchase the lites as a part of the plan, and NOWHERE on my contract is there a guarantee

Snactuary
05-07-2007, 02:02 PM
I just wanted to post and say that I'm also in the Dallas area - I signed up in Mesquite (east of Dallas) - and my contract has the guarantee if you buy lites, but there was definitely the option to not do lites (and lose the guarantee). They didn't push this, of course... And - I did sign up in early 2005 - so I guess it's possible that times have changed...

bizlawchik
05-07-2007, 02:13 PM
From all of the posts here, it has pretty much been determined that the purchase of lites as a requirement varies from center to center and area to area. Just read your contracts and you'll know what the correct answer is for you.