Whole Foods Lifestyle - May Exercise - Sweat Washes off, Fat doesn't

LindaT
05-01-2007, 12:49 PM
Happy May Day ladies and so begins the new challenge for the month. Quite a few of you have been scarce and probably not getting in yor exercise. You need to get back on the stick because this is for the rest of your life so why wouldn't you want the rest of your life to start right now?? I know everyone is busy but please check in and don't forget to cheer on your fellow sweaty chicks because we ALL need support on this journey!

My plan is to continue with my 350 minutes a week with hopefully my shoulder improving so I can do more things with weights and my tummy improiving so I can stop taking this freaking medication!!

So get busy and get to sweating! :drill:

healthyeater
05-01-2007, 02:22 PM
LMAO..."sweat washes off, fat doesn't" I am begining to look forward to whatever crafty title Linda has for the new month! This is the best one yet, IMHO!

I was waiting to post today, after Linda started the new sticky. I must confess, last week I was busy, and did not get enough exercise in. (aside from the "olympic" walking I did on Saturday, shopping! )

Today, I decided to do the 2mile watp tape. Albeit, I didn't really push myself, just did it at a nice pace. It was a good return to movement for me. It is nice outside. I am feeling a bit blue today...no reason in particular...just one of those days when you want to hibernate....but I know what I should do is get outside for a walk later. I may try to get that in, before the kids get home and I need to start carting everyone here and there. Last week, I also need to admit, that I did not journal my food. I set my spreadsheet up today though, and tracked it from yesterday.

Linda, you have a good plan, as usual. Hope all your maladies are better soon. See, we all need to be like you. Even in the face of medical issues, you still chug along--doing what needs to be done! Bravo!

Jenn, glad to see all is well. I know you have been busy, busy! But I also know you are still chugging along as well with your diet and exercise! :)

Lwyr, what gives, chickie? OK, you pass the bar, and abandon us? JK! Have the partners given you alot more work now? Hope to see you soon!

Everyone else...check in! We need you, even if the message is breif or you can only stop by once in awhile....and uh, it's may....weren't you all going to do another challenge?

**Jennifer**
05-01-2007, 07:16 PM
Evening, ladies. A late pop-in for today. Good news- board meeting last night, and all went well. Hubby is back on the board, and is VP. 4 members are from prior boards, and now maybe we'll see some action as far as getting the roof done, and other issues in the community so that I can fix the old house (can't do squat until the roof is done) and sell it, and finally move on with life. Wouldn't that be nice?

Slept in today, and it was nice to be able to play hooky. My glasses were ready, so I went out and picked those up, and we finished planting another one of the 4 foot key lime trees. I think we've got enough to qualify for agricultural exemption by now. :)

Linda- I love the title. Yup, sweat washes off. Sweat drips in your eyes, and lets you know that the fat is coming off. No sweat, well, no fat loss. It doesn't wash off, no matter how hard you scrub. Dead skin cells weigh a few 100ths of an ounce, and no scale is going to be fooled by that, now are they? Of course, if you exfoliate, trim your bangs, and shave both legs and both pits, you may get .1 to register :lol3:

Ok...the big 3 for this month....my personal challenges. Get 100 miles in with WATP, and the bike. 200 minutes per work week, and keep the buns moving over the weekend, with structured exercise, and plenty of "butt in action" things like gardening, going through boxes, climbing to put boxes up in the attic, etc. No sitting around gathering dust. Keep up with the 10+ glasses of water. Get back to 1 can of diet soda per day, since a few extras have crept in there lately. That's why you can't get to sleep, dork. The 8pm diet coke isn't going to act like Nyquil. Duh. Drink more water, or Crystal light. Foodwise, keep prepping in advance, and keep under the 1800 calorie maximum we've calculated. 4 servings of veggies per day, and at least 3 servings of fruit. So far, this has been the key to the success. Keep this up and we WILL see the -70 this month. Oh, and keep Memorial Day weekend with mom & dad over under control- this is NOT an excuse to go nuts for a long weekend and gain back what you lose during the other 25 days in the month.

Ok...and on that note, it is time to go heat up some chicken vicious, brown rice and green beans (tossed in the dressing used for the asian noodles) and get ready for tomorrow. Tonight is upper body while watching House, and then getting my buns to bed.

Happy May, ladies!

gahundy
05-02-2007, 10:02 AM
I have not posted recently but i have still been exercising. it has just been hectic, that's all. the contest at the gym is almost over. I am going to come in third but that's ok. my goal is to get 100 points and as of yesterday evening i was at 87. 13 more to go and 3 more days. i can do it, but my family will have to be neglected for a little bit. that's ok they will get over it! the only thing i have to do that i can't blow off is a meeting at the high school for upcoming freshman. yes you heard me HIGH SCHOOL! my baby is going to high school. i just can't believe it. so i may not quite reach 100 but i am gonna give it h e double hockey sticks til they close the doors on friday if that is what it takes!
so what exactly is the challenge for May?
you know i'm in!
well gotta go, talk to all you sweatty chicks later....amy

phantastica
05-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Mind if I jump in?

"Sweat washes off, fat doesn't" ... awesome!

I've found two activities that I can do weekly that are easy and fun. I've started attending an aerobics class with a friend, and I began rollerblading every week with another set of friends.

I also biked to the video store last night. Only about 4 miles round-trip, but better burning sweat than gas. :)

healthyeater
05-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Happy to have you join us phantastica!

Today, I did a WATP tape, the 2 mile tape...and I feeel pretty good about it. I did it yesterday too, but because of time restraints, I only did part. I think I am getting bored of the treadmill, and although I have enjoyed walking in the park and around the lake, the weather isn't always accomodating to outdoor activities around here...and I am just not one to brave the elements....sorry. :(

I remembered today, one thing I absolutely hate about the watp tapes. It is the people who are exercising along with Leslie and the things they do and stupid comments they make...it annoys me...and since it is a tape...they do it every single time! They should just exercise and keep their mouths shut!

Anyway.....

Amy, third place is FANTASTIC!!!!! I am so proud of you! btw, I also joined that mindless eating challange...what the heck? it couldn't hurt and quite frankly, I love giving out my opinions! LOL I sent my oldest off to high school last year...so I feel your pain, chickie! LOL Atleast you still have the little guy to cuddle with!

Jenn, So glad you are doing well....diet pop is a hard habit to break, for sure...it is almost addictive, if you ask me. But you are strong! :) Hurray for getting on with the repairs and sale of your other home! That will be a big load lifted off your shoulders!

That's it for me today....make a good day chicks! ;)

LaurenNC
05-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Ooooh, a new thread! A new month! A new me! Ok, not sure about the last one, but I am definitely up for starting fresh from the beginning of the month and seeing if I can stick it out for the whole time.

My goal is going to be 315 minutes a week/45 a day. That's ambitious for me, but a good compromise between the 30 minutes a day I've been doing and the 60 that is my hope. I will definitely need this thread to keep me accountable, so hopefully there will be lots of activity on it.

Yesterday I did 45 minutes of jogging. It is so nice outside! And my doggie gets exercise that way too :) I'm planning to do Curves tonight and maybe some more jogging too. Will check in later.

LwyrChick
05-02-2007, 06:01 PM
Hi ladies!! Sorry I've been MIA (here and in the Journals...)

Been losing my mind a bit since I passed last Friday. Lots to share, but I'm running out the door right now. I'll post a longer entry tomorrow and share what all has been going on. :dizzy:

Linda, great title :D I agree with Renee - best one yet!

Renee, no abandonment, just CRAZY busy. I've been missing you guys alot!!

Welcome to the newbies! :welcome2:

Ok, back tomorrow with a real update. Much Love.

ceejay52
05-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Mind if I join. I've pledged 1200 minutes for May.

gahundy
05-02-2007, 08:56 PM
good evening ladies and a great big hug and a welcome for all of the newbies. pretty soon our group is going to be so big we will need our own website!!
today i got in 45 min of cardio and 45 of weights. i was so tired that i just wanted to go home, but i didn't so for me that is great progress. my goal was to get 100 points in the contest. after today i have 91 points and i have been trying to figure out how i am goin to get another 9 points in 2 days!! tomorrow i have to be at the high school for upcoming freshman orientation. this is just the honors program orientation, in july there will be another one for all freshman and i willhave to take a half day off work for it. yuck!
and friday night i have to be at the high school for the band banquet and awards. so i think i will be lucky to get to 95, but i will get another 10 points for not gaining weight so that will push me over a hundered. not as satisfying though. but at least the tshirts are cool!!
well chickies, i have to go now, have a good night...amy

LaurenNC
05-03-2007, 01:39 PM
So far, so good - I only did 35 minutes of Curves last night, but did 90 minutes of yoga this morning. Three days in, I am 170 minutes toward my weekly goal of 315. And since I didn't jog yesterday, I might just go after I hit the farmers market on the way home (fresh strawberries and asparagus - yum).

:carrot: ----I've been waiting to use this guy!

healthyeater
05-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Hey there everyone! Welcome to Lauren and Ceejay...glad you are here!

Not too much going on today...went grocery shopping and avoided the candy in the checkout aisle again....always a plus.....when I was at the store, they had samples of this most delicious thing....a gyro burger...it was homemade and they furnished a recipe, so I scrapped my original idea of bbq chix and made this. I can't see how it's not healthy, and you could substitute ground turkey easily for the beef...here are the ingredients....a pkg of ranch dressing mix, ground sirloin, chopped onions, tomatoes, lettuce, whole wheat pitas, and lf plain yogurt. Tasted just like a real gyro, no lie!

On the exercise front, I got a nice walk in this afternoon. Only about a half hour though. I am feeling kinda down today. Linda suggested that it may be because I have not totally been on program, and that is true and i am sure part of it...but I still think pms combined with the upcoming birthday is bothering me. It is ok though. This too shall pass. Overall, today was a good day. I stayed within the point range and did some exercising.

Lauren, that is a great goal...and I am glad you finally got to use the little carrot guy! LOL MMmmm fresh strawberries and asparagus, I agree, yum. I got some fresh strawberries myself today.

Ceejay, also a great goal!

Lwyrchickie, glad youre back. :) I don't like crazy busy...hope you find time to breathe! :)

Amy, you're going to look great in the new tee! Post a picture!

See all you great, wonderful, lovely ladies tomorrow! :)

**Jennifer**
05-03-2007, 10:07 PM
Happy end of Thursday, chickies. Wow, a nice flurry of activity. :D Nothing like a new month to really get a fresh start. :)

Welcome Phantastica! :) Glad you're here with us!

Renee, some of the newer WATP DVDs come with the option to just have the music, and to mute Leslie and her crew of smiling sadists. If you want to try one out, let me know. I'd be happy to send you a copy to try out. Makes it more bearable. Oh, and there's always muting her all together and doing the steps to your own music. Like Fergie, or Gwen Stefani. LOL- you'd be amazed at how it actually syncs up! LOL

Amy- 3rd place is nothing to sneeze at. Look at all the hard work you put in over the last month, and for these next 2 days. I bow to you- the successor to LindaT's throne. That in itself is an amazing feat. We're all so proud of what you've accomplished. And there is no way that you can have a child starting high school! I don't believe it! They grow up so fast, don't they? My neice just turned 10- I swear, she was born maybe 3 years ago, in my head. :dizzy:

Lauren, are you planning a rest day at all? I'm already worn out thinking about over 300 minutes. :)

Ceejay, good to see you here!

Linda, hope you're feeling more relief and that work isn't totally crazy for you.

Tonight- did my 12 miles on the bike, all intervals, between levels 2-5 for the whole thing. Ooof. At 5, I can barely get the rpms over 70, and at 2, I can get them to the 90-92 range. I can still feel the after burn, and it has been 2 hours since I finished. Sucking down my water, and I'm hoping this kick starts the month off, and is the push I need to hit my mileage goal. Food today was within my calorie range, but certainly higher on the fat and carb side. Forced lunch with coworker, boss, and a closing attorney, since it was coworker Roid's birthday. 2 words- Macaroni grill. I did get whole wheat pasta, but there is nothing good that can come from even just 2 cups of that pasta (tried to eyeball best I could, and scrape off a lot of the sauce) but the chicken was not as lean as I would have made it myself. Not a blown day, but definitely flushing all the sodium out of my system as quickly as possible. Water is at 12 cups so far, and counting. I'll be refilling my 32oz mug once I post this, and head to bed to read a little and keep sipping.

Have a great Friday, ladies!

healthyeater
05-04-2007, 11:15 AM
checking in early to post my workout so far for today....

2mi watp tape, done. Promised dh I would cut the front and the back grass today (it was a trade off, since he picked dd up from the dance studio last night...I figured sitting my butt in the car wasn't going to do me as much good as getting my butt moving with the mower....LOL) I normally don't count things like housework or general gardening/yardwork...but mowing is something I definately count as exercise...we have nearly a half acre, and I cut it with a power push mower and bag the grass as I go along....trust me...it's a good workout.

Jenn, LMAO, "smiling sadists" Yup, that about sums it all up! that is so funny that you mentioned turning off the voices and listening to the mp3, because that is exactly what I did! LOL Apparently, I am more adept at reading lips than I thought though! LOL Yes, i would LOVE a copy. I will email you my address later! Thanks chickie! ;) You are doing great on that bike....you know it makes me want to trade in the treadmill for a recumbant bike! LOL I have the old style downstairs in the basement (which is dark, and not finished...yet...) but it hurts my butt soooo much! Roids birthday, huh? What did you get her (she asks with a smirk, in a sarcastic tone....LOL)? I bet I can guess what you wanted to give her...and it involves a certain appendage on your hand! LMAO Macaroni Grill...doesn't impress me for the amount of cals and fat in the food...I mean if you are going to indulge that much, it should atleast taste like heavan! LOL They have decent bread though. Not as good as Carrabas though, IMHO. You did good. It is not easy to do good there...unless you just drink water.

make it a great weekend girls. I am going to try to pop by sometime Sat or Sun if I get a chance! LUV to all!

**Jennifer**
05-04-2007, 11:26 AM
Renee, when you are done, want to come mow our acre???? Ok, only about 1/4 of it is grass...you're welcome to come stay at the house, too....

My bike is the upright style- I think I have a pic- but it has a nice, wide seat on it, which minimizes the butt bruising and soreness. And it has some pretty cool iFit functions, and pre-programmed interval training & things like that. Got it at Sears about 4 years ago for under 200. It's well worth the cost, and sturdy as all heck! I'll look for a pic to send your way.

LaurenNC
05-04-2007, 11:46 AM
LOL, what is WATP? Although I'm not sure I want to know. I don't enjoy the combination of sadistic smilers and exercise!

Well chickies, even though it was cold and overcast last night, I did indeed get a short jog in. In fact, when I checked my time and distance, I could even log it in fitday as "running"! Yes, it was 11.5 mph, so not exactly olympic speed, but for someone who has never run in her life, I was pretty excited. Anyway, I digress.... so I'm up to 195 minutes towards my 315 goal with four days to go. I'm planning on going to Curves tonight, and it's my weigh and measure day so hopefully it will be good news (they do it once a month).

Jennifer - I'm aiming for 45 minutes of exercise a day with no rest day. Although I usually end up with one :) . I'm hoping this challenge will keep me better on track. I read that 30 minutes a day is minimum for good health, and weight loss should be 60 a day, so I thought 45 a day would be a good, realistic goal to ease me in. We'll see how it goes!

Renee - that faux gyro sounds delicious. I might have to try that recipe!

healthyeater
05-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Here is the recipe for the gyro burgers, if you are interested:

Here is the recipe...hope you like it!

2 (8oz) containers of plain yogurt, divided ( I used lowfat)
1 (1 oz) pkg dry ranch-style dressing mix
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
1 1/2 pounds of ground beef ( I used sirloin and 2 pounds worth)
1/4 cup finely diced onions (I used vidalia)
6 pita bread rounds ( I used 4 whole wheat ones cut in half, and just stuffed the halves)
2 c torn lettuce leaves ( I used a bag of torn romaine)
1 tomato seeded and diced ( I used roma tomatoes and diced about 3- we like tomatoes! )

Combine 1 container of yogurt with ranch dressing mix. Remove half of the mixture to another bowl. Into one of the bowls, add the remaining container of yogurt and diced cuke; mix well. Cover and reserve for later. Mix the ground beef and the onion into the remaining yogurt mixture( I added some salt and pepper too); shape into patties. Grill on med heat until done ( I used the indoor grill pan,but you def could do out on the grill).
Cut end off of pita pockets and fill with lettuce, burger, cucumber sauce, and tomatoes.

ceejay52
05-04-2007, 01:20 PM
Exercise yesterday consisted of a 20 minute bike ride at home then went to the gym. Completed 10 minutes on the treadmill and 10 minutes on the eliptical with a 40 minute weight session. I'm really liking the eliptical for a weight bearing exercise.

healthyeater-- I count mowing the grass as exercise. I timed myself last week to see how long it actually took me. Since I've purchased my new lawn mower I don't have to stop to refill cause it's electric.

LindaT
05-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Welcome those new to the thread : phantastica, Ceejay and Lauren, I think I got you last month.. if not.. WELCOME too!!:welcome2: We are group of sweaty ladies who think nothing is more fun than stinkin' up the joint. :lol: Yes we DO think that. :drill:

I got in my 350 minutes for the week so I am pleased. I posted about my back in the journals but not sure if I did here. On Sunday, I bent over to pick up a sock and OUCH. Really pulled something. It's been sore and a challenge all week, but it is improving. I've been doing my desk job with a heating pad strapped to my back all week and I've also been dealing with the ribbing and teasing about age from those that walk in and see my in my office. :p Betweem my back, my torn shoulder and my ulcer/inflammation I told a co-worker that if one more thing happens I am going to bed and not coming back to work until I am well and can stop hurting myself. :lol:

Let's see how all of you are doing!

Amy, you have done wonderfully. It's all about progress and not perfection. A few months ago, could you ever have imagined you'd be exercising like this? :carrot:

phantastica - I too am an aerobics junkie so glad you are here. Rollerblading also sounds likea blast but I am te type the seems to injure myself so I think I'll stay away from that until they come out with a bubble pack suit I can wear. :lol: Good going

Renee, I am glad you got a good workout. Heavy yardwork can be excellent excercise. As long as the scale moves downward I would say fine count it! It's good that you are mixing up the types of exercise you are doing. That can only help you avoid injuries.

Lauren - Wow, you jog? Really? I wish I could, but I got banned from that by my orthopedic surgeon years ago. Besides, even if my ankle and knees were in decent shape, my lower belly bounces so much it hurts. I need a belly bra. :lol: WATP is a walking video with the eternally perky Lesile Sansone. She really is very nice, but sometimes i want to stuff a zucchini in her mouth for a little quiet.

LwyrChickie - Nice to see you. I hope you are getting exercise in. You know how cranky I can get when you don't.:dracula: :sumo:

Ceejay - sure you can join us. 1200 minutes is very ambitious. Good for you! I am glad you are enjoying the eliptical. I really do need to try one of those some day.

Jenn - Oh yes Wide bike seats really can help. That's been my peeve about bikes and stationary bikes for awhile. All the seats make my heinie hurt!! I've never been to the Macaroni Grill as luckily we don't have one nearby but you are brave going there. Sounds like you did good too.

So now I need to hobble off into the sunset and deal with work issues. Happy weekend and reamember to sweat! Your body will thank you for it.

healthyeater
05-04-2007, 05:51 PM
ok, I just have to report that I am in from cutting the entire lawn. Geesh! I started at 1pm and it took me 2 hours...I am stinky and definatley sweaty! LOL the grass was so long in the back...poor drainage back there and this time of year it really gets wet...which is why it hasn't been cut for 2 weeks...it was so long, and wet the ducks were sitting in the grass the beginning of the week! It is not so much the mowing that gets me, it's the bagging....it was so long I had to empty the bag every single swipe....7 big, full black garbage bags later....LOL I'm pooped. Off to do laundry! LOL

**Jennifer**
05-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Woo Hoo! Looks like my restraint at Macaroni Grill, and the killer interval bike ride I did helped keep things on track! Down to 66 pounds gone. And I get to change my tracker! LOL. I started off this morning with 2 miles WATP for abs, and since hubby is still napping (he got up at 3am, worked a little, and then went back to bed at 7:30am) I might get on the bike. We've got a day of either yard work or sorting through boxes planned, and I wanted to make sure I had some formal exercise in, to kick start things for whatever the day brings. I may also get on the bike once we are done for the day.

Ok...time to get this day moving in high gear. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

ceejay52
05-05-2007, 02:47 PM
I planned a trip to the gym after 5 p.m. but when I got there I remember they close at 5 p.m. on Friday afternoon. I'll go this afternoon for a weight session.

I felt the burn of the 45 minute bike ride yesterday in my upper legs this morning. A warm bath took care of the ouchies.

ceejay52
05-05-2007, 08:49 PM
I've updated my challenge to 215 minutes done. I went to the gym this afternoon and completed a 25 minute walk on the treadmill, only 6 minutes on the eliptical and the rest of the time doing weights.

No exercise tomorrow.

LaurenNC
05-06-2007, 06:45 PM
You ladies have so inspired me that I made a new signature for my exercise challenge!

I am also excited because I had been stuck for a while on a plateau, and today I was three pounds lighter on the scale. It sure is nice to get a boost like that to keep motivated.

Congrats lwyrchick on passing the bar and your exciting new job - that's great!

gahundy
05-07-2007, 11:47 AM
Good mornign ladies! it sounds like everyone has been busy the last few days.
well this weekend i didn't get in a workout because we had to have our kitchen floors redone and hubby had to work so i had to stay home. but the floors look great!! i am so happy, i have hated those floors since the day we moved in!
well here is some good news...
the gym i go to is owned by the medical clinic i work for so the managers decided to divide the contestants into two groups, members and employees. i had the most points of the employees who participated so i won 10 half hour sessions with a personal trainer!! yay me.. i am so excited, i have my first session today. who'd a thunk it, me, a winner in an exercise contest!!
needless to say i was in a good mood all weekend, but this morning i am exhausted! the guy who did our floors stayed late both nights and ds went to bed late both nights, so i have not had much sleep this weekend. next weekend is full up too!
oh well maybe i will get to ed early tonight!
i'll check in again later chickies...amy

urs
05-07-2007, 04:25 PM
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Linda has been such a motivator for me on the journals, so I am going to subscribe to this exercise challenge! My goal is to walk/run/climb stairs whatever I have to do for a minimum of 420 Minutes and 14 miles per week. My weeks will be from Saturday to Friday.

May 5th: 40 minutes on treadclimber
Total 40/420 minutes
2 miles for the day
Total 2/14 miles
May 6th: 62 minutes: 40 minutes-treadclimber, 12 minutes-treadmill, 10 minutes
stair step machine
Total 102/420 minutes
2.5 miles for the day
Total 4.5/14 miles for the week

;)

LaurenNC
05-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Who hoo! I exceeded my first week goal! Did 20 minutes walking yesterday (what a nice day), then Curves and yoga tonight. And ...... I lost another pound this morning. Best of all, I just feel really good. Lots of energy and pep and yet destressed at the same time. Thanks to everyone on this thread for being such an inspiration (especially you, Amy - how great that you won the contest!). Now let's see if I can keep it up for another week!

urs
05-08-2007, 10:16 AM
Good morning everyone!

The report I posted yesterday is a little off, so I am going to update that post today with the correct information! :dizzy: Correct me if I'm wrong with my math :D :strong:

May 7 2007: treadclimber: 40 minutes/2 miles, :tread: treadmill: 12 minutes/ 1 mile, stair step machine: 10 minutes/ 1/2 mile, walk during break: 20 minutes/1 mile
Total miles to date: 10/14
Total minutes to date:184/420

May 6 2007: treadclimber: 40 minutes/2 miles,treadmill: 12 minutes/ 1 mile, stair step machine: 10 minutes/ 1/2 mile
Total miles to date: 5.5/14
Total minutes to date:102/420

May 5 2007: treadclimber: 40 minutes/ 2 miles
Total miles to date: 2/14
Total minutes to date: 40/420

healthyeater
05-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Wow! You chicks are kicking some serious butt here!

Jenn...66 pounds gone! Woo HOOOOOOO! :carrot:
Amy, WTG winning that contest...keep us posted on the personal trainer deal! And congrats on the new floor!
Ursula, glad to see you here! WELCOME!!!!!!
Lauren, love the new tracker and congrats on the great progress!
Ceejay, keep up the great job!

Gonna get going, just thought I'd check in because I missed yesterday and didn't get a chance to get here during the weekend. I will stop back later to report my sweating for the day!

LindaT
05-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Sorry but have been busy at work the past couple of days.

Sunday 73 minutes
Monday 70 minutes
Tuesday 70 minutes

Urs, nice to have you back. Stick around!
Renee, it's later.. where is the sweat posting? :drill:
Lauren, isn't exercise great to get rid of tension? i have a yellow punching bag that I beat the tar out of from time to time. :D
Amy, that is so cool you won this. I might look into this after my shoulder heals.. someday :lol:
Ceejay - yay for 215 minutes
Jenn hope you are doing well.

LaurenNC
05-08-2007, 09:21 PM
Hi, good to hear from everybody today! Keep up the good work, ladies.

Just a quick check in for me - did a 45 minute jog after work today. My IPOD shut off after a couple of minutes and boy was I temped to quit. I love jogging to my IPOD. But I persisted and finished! Now off to charge up the battery :dizzy:

gahundy
05-09-2007, 10:55 AM
ok i have been a naughty girl. i have not committed to exercise this month yet, so here it is, i commit 225 minutes a week for the rest of the month. now it's in writing and on the www for everyone to read and hold me accountable for.
monday with the trainer was AWESOME!! i wish i could afford to have her everyday! i only get 10 sessions so i am going to see her once a week and then follow the routine the rest of the week.
yesterday was not a good day though, i had a bad day at work and didn't even get in a little cardio, today i have to work late so i will do a tape when i get home.
everyone else seems to be doing great so far this month, keep up the good work ladies...til then i have to get back to work...amy

urs
05-09-2007, 10:57 AM
Good morning Ladies!

Exercise for May 8th 2007: :woops:

Treadclimber: 40 minutes/ 2 miles
Treadmill: 12 minutes/ 1 mile
Stair Step machine: 8 minutes/ 0.5 mile

Total miles to date: 13.5!/14 and I am only half way through the week! WOO HOO!:woohoo:
Total minutes to date: 244/420 (a little over half way there!)

Just wanted to say that I am so glad I joined!
Its keeping my butt in gear! :kickbutt:
:thanks: Thanks LINDA and all the rest of the girls! :grouphug:

ceejay52
05-09-2007, 04:55 PM
Gym last night consisted of 30 minutes. 10 minutes on treadmill, 6 minutes on eliptical, 40 reps of abs using 37.5 pound weights, inner thighs, 30 pound weights, leg press 50 pound weights. Just remembered that I also did 20 pound weights for back and biceps. I use the machines for the weight bearing part.

LindaT
05-09-2007, 05:03 PM
Glad you are here too Urs.

Since everyone is just making quick posts recently, I guess I will too

Wednesday 70 minutes

healthyeater
05-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Here I am, reporting my exercise for Wednesday, May 9th...

WATP, 2mile done this morning. That is it for today. The weather has been really, really nice today...80's. that is summertime for me! I LOVE it!

I posted in my blog today about requesting those tofu noodles from my new grocery store...and they honored my request! Woo hoo!

That is about it. I didn't sweat yesterday, I am sorry to say. But that is ok, cuz I did today...and I really, really did sweat...it is warm out! LOL

Lwyr chick...where o where are you girl? Thinking about you. come back!
Linda, CJ, Urs, lauren, and amy...good workouts!

Gotta go. I will check in tomorrow! Hugs!

gahundy
05-10-2007, 10:16 AM
Wow everyone is doing so GREAT!!
Ceejay and URS, glad to have you on board, you are both doing fantastic, keep it up!!
Renee-it sounds like things are going great at your house too! You sure stay busy with the kiddos and everything.
Linda-glad your back is feeling better and i am impressed that you worked out anyway. if my back hurt i would use that as an excuse not to work out at all. you are my HERO!!
Lauren--you are doing great things too! i am so glad you decided to join us.
LWRY--where are you?? We miss hearing about your amazing weekends. :belly: you know us old married with kids women live vicariously through you, you can't let us down!
as for me, well i have slacked off considerably. so far this week i have only done 90 minutes. i still have 135 to go to meet goal. i am hoping i can work out tonight after work, but i am trying to squeeze in some overtime. we are going on vacation in a couple of weeks and i could use a little extra money;)
well hope everyone has a great day! will be back to check on everyone...amy

LaurenNC
05-10-2007, 11:00 AM
Reporting in - did 35 minutes at Curves last night, and threw in a 1.5 mile jog (even in the drizzle! but with a charged IPOD :) ).

I have a question for you exercise divas about the sameness of my workouts. Since the weather has gotten nicer, I've been pretty much jogging outside on trails near my house for my cardio. I still do strength 3 x a week at Curves, and an hour and half 1 x a week (sometimes twice a week) yoga for balance and flexibility.

Anyhow, during the winter, when I first started exercising, I jogged occasionally but mostly did different aerobic/dance videos since it was cold and dark out. So I feel my cardio was much more varied. Is it too much of the same to just jog during the summer for my cardio? I just love being outside instead of inside. And as I mentioned before, it's so much nicer for my dog too - she runs outside with me, but is not much good at dance videos :D Just thought I would get some expert opinions!

urs
05-10-2007, 11:25 AM
No exercise to report for yesterday. Today is 60 minutes of cardio, so I will post that tomorrow! Have a nice day ladies!

~Ursula

ceejay52
05-10-2007, 06:46 PM
LaurenC--good job on the exercise goal's.

gahundy--Let's get moving girl. LindaT does have a cattle prod she uses occasionaly. Beware.

Urs and Healthyeater-- Keep up the good work.

LindaT--Glad your back is feeling better.

You women have really motivated me to keep exercising. I've mowed part of the yard today before the brief rain shower. It took 20 minutes to mow the front and side yard and the back yard took 20 minutes but I'm not finished.
I stopped long enough to get a drink of water.

Have a good day.

LindaT
05-10-2007, 07:38 PM
Afternoon everyone. Almost time for me to hit the road for Trader Joe's for my weekly shopping trip. Cannot wait :D This morning was primarily step aerobics with a few minutes of floor aerobics tossed in to get the full 70 minutes. Tomorrow is my blessed day of no exercise so I cannot wait. For some reason i was awake at 3am this morning and really enver got back to sleep. It might have been due to the fact that kitty cat was curled up next to me and I was too HOT!! Beast is like a mini furnace. So sleeping in tomorrow will be welcome.

Ceejay- you go mow that lawn into submission!! Good for you! :lol:

Amy, the trick is to KNOW that you'll use in as an excuse and just do it anyway. Believe me I use to use everyting in the world as n excuse: too cold, too hot, too sleepy, sick tummy, sore whatever... You just have to tell yourself that unless you are bleeding, have a fever, puking or falling over in pain.. you exercise!

Everuone else.. keep up the exercise. body will thank you for it! :woops: :running: :exercise: :ebike: :swim:

gahundy
05-10-2007, 08:11 PM
just a quickie before i get busy making cookies for work.
i did 45 min of strength today. it was the same workout my trainer took me through on Monday. i am also planning to get in an hour of yoga. since i can't take pilates anymore i am going back to my joga tapes. maybe that will help[ me sleep at night. i will let you know tomorrow.
thanks for the prodding ceejay, i'd rather get it from you than Linda T and the sure'nough prod.;)
have a good night ladies...amy

urs
05-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Exercise for May 10 2007

Treadclimber: 40 minutes/2 miles
Treadmill: 12 minutes/ 1 mile

Total minutes for the week: 296/420
Total miles for the week: 16.5/14 miles OVER MY GOAL ! :woohoo:

Tomorrow is weigh in ladies! Wish me luck! And have a happy mom's day!

urs
05-11-2007, 03:25 PM
30 minutes and 1 mile of walking! WOO HOO!

healthyeater
05-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Urs, how cute that little guy is with his new atv...pic here is a little bigger than the journals...awwwe!

Just a quick 30 min walk on the tm this morning. I have not been too good about getting some exercise in everyday this week...but I am trying to sneak in something here and there. My grass also needs mowing again...I am thinking about doing that later tonite, but I have a dance gig for ds to get to...so I am not certain I will have time.

Everyone looks like they are doing well...I agree with Amy and missing Lwyr. Have a wonderful mom's day everyone! :) Back to serious business on Monday for me....goal...exercise for 5 days...no excuses!

LwyrChick
05-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Hi ladies - First off, Amy and Renee :hug: I missed ya loads n loads too!

Sorry I have been so MIA, but it's been for good reasons, I promise. I've been interviewing like CRAZY at different firms in the city and Northern Virginia area in order to find a place that I'll be happy and can grow and contribute. I have hardly been in the office and when I get home, I'm exhausted. Seems like DH and I have spent the past 2 weeks just talking about my job search/weighing pro's and con's/etc. Well, after numerous first and second interviews and four offers - I think I found it! I will be joining a wonderful firm in downtown D.C. at the beginning of July.

Just today I gave my 3 week notice to the firm I'm working at now. They were, of course, upset. It's unfortunate actually - they are a small firm and so whenever an attorney leaves, they take it very personally. They just have to understand that people move on in their careers, and it's nothing against them personally. It's true that I was ok there, but I knew I could join a better group of people...and I'm happy to have found them! I'm giving them a good amount of notice, though, so I can help transition whoever they hire to replace me.

Anyway, so since my days have been filled with driving, interviewing, and doing my regular job on top of it - exercise has been NIL. Awful, I know - but it's ok, it had to be. I have been on the ball with eating though, so I haven't gained anything.

I'm happy to have made a final decision and move on now with wrapping things up at my current firm. I can get back into my regular routine and start moving my butt again!! :D

So, my weekend...hmm, well tonight DH and I are planning on sitting on our deck and enjoying the warm weather and sipping mojitos and eating spanish tapas at home. We've been so GO GO GO and all our conversations have been so job-interview driven lately that we wanted a night at home to sit back and just talk and enjoy the feeling that I'm happy I made a good decision and life is moving forward for us. So at this very moment, I'm curled up outside on a lounger and DH is lighting some tiki torches and then planning to get out the old mortar n pestle to crush some fresh mint leaves for the mojitos.

Tomorrow is DH's hospital's graduation dinner and dancing cruise from 6pm to 1am. They have it for all residents to celebrate the 3rd years' graduation from the residency program. They rent out an entire boat for a seated dinner and hours of dancing. I'm looking forward to it - I got my roots touched up this week, my eyebrows waxed, and a manicure and pedicure in anticipation!

Sunday will be our usual weekend brunch followed by some shopping perhaps. I'm a mommy too - to Cosmo, our 3 year old Pomeranian! :D So maybe I'll get a few extra kisses from him on Sunday.

Alright ladies, DH is getting impatient, so I'm signing off for now...but rest assured, I'm baaaack! Oh, and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! LOTS OF LOVE.

Kandesmom
05-11-2007, 08:21 PM
I have been doing my walking daily. 2 miles in 30 minutes. Then in the evening, my 13 year old and I walk together another 2-3 miles. I drink 2 1/2 liters of water daily and eat mostly veggies. Tonight I went overboard and had shripm, and baked fish. I also wake up every morning and drink my superfood, as that is my breakfast. Everyone says they can tell I am losing weight, and the scales show it, but it sure dont seem like it. I hope to be down to 190 by the end of May... I so hope!! Am I getting enough exercise? I also do the ab lounger and the thigh toner daily.

ceejay52
05-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Worked 12 hours overtime yesterday so last night I crashed. Friday the gym closes at 5 p.m. I live in a small town. There was no exercise yesterday.

Congratulations LwyerChick to both you and your husband.

Everyone have a good week end and for those of you who are mothers Happy mothers day.

LaurenNC
05-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Happy Mother's Day, everyone! I, too, am a mother ... to our "child", otherwise known as our beloved pooch. :)

I also skipped exercise on Friday. Suffering a bit from cramps (although I know exercise can help with those, I'm afraid they were my excuse to take a day off). I bounced back yesterday, though, by doubling my usual Saturday run. So I ran 5 1/2 miles, consecutively!!! That was HUGE for me. I just took it really slow and easy and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Today, though, back to the usual run, and maybe I'll go out and work in the yard if it doesn't start raining again here soon.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

ceejay52
05-13-2007, 10:46 PM
Just to check in--Friday and Saturday there was no exercise but today I've completed a 20 minute bike ride.

Hope every one had a good Mother's day.

gahundy
05-14-2007, 10:23 AM
Good morning ladies, hope all you moms had a great mom's day!
Lwry-welcome back, you were missed! congrats on the new job and i am glad you were able to keep your food in check since you weren't able to exercise!
Urs--ds is too cute on his atv! good job with all the exercise. keep it up!!
Renee-as always you are doing great! you sure keep your kids active! dd is in band and church and that's enough to keep me hopping. glad ds is too young for activities just yet;)
Ceejay: thanks for the extra prodding, every little bit helps. sounds like your exerciseis going good.
Lauren: You are doing amazing with your runs! i hope to be running this time next year, we'll see. my goal is to jog a 15 min mile.right now i am at about a 25 min mile. :p
Linda..hope kitty was good to you for mommy's day!
as for me, friday i did the tae kwon sculpt class, it was good as usual and then this weekend i didn't get much time in for exercise, just too much going on, but i kept food in check and lost another pound!!! so needless to say i am in a great mood this morning.
today i am not sure what i will do for exercise... i was supposed to have a session with my trainer but my dd has to be picked up from school and i don't have anyone else who can get her today so i will have to do a tape. that's ok i haven't done one in quite awhile so it will be like a new workout!
have a good day ladies. i will report back how much time i get in today. my goal for the week is 225 minutes. i know i can do this!!
amy

urs
05-14-2007, 11:19 AM
Alright...I have a little exercise to report for the weekend:

Saturday...none, unless you want to count shopping for 5 hours haha!

Sunday: 40 minutes/2 miles on treadclimber
20 minutes/1.75 miles on treadmill
30 minutes of football(throwing the ball anyway)

This week I am planning on going to the gym daily, if not at least take a walk with DS outside...hey maybe even both!

Have a nice day ladies!

P.S. Food was excellent this weekend, except for a few glasses of wine and a couple of cosmos, there was NO SNACKING for me! Surprise surprise! LOL

LaurenNC
05-14-2007, 12:11 PM
Well, so glad to know cosmos are allowed on this thread - I had a couple myself this weekend ;) ! Good job on getting some exercise in with your shopping, urs.

Amy, congrats on losing another pound - that's awesome. And I know what you mean about the 25 minutes miles. It was definitely a bit disheartening the first time I ran (back in January) and discovered that I could walk faster than I ran. But it gets a little easier every time I do it. The beginning is rough, though, I won't lie!

Welcome, kandesmom! Congrats on all of your walking! Do you have a pedometer? 15,000 steps a day might be a good goal to aim for. I got a book from the bookstore a couple of months ago - something like pedometer walking - and it was really enlightening to see how important walking is. Anyway, hope you enjoy it around here. I find this thread to be great motivation. Good luck!

Okeydoke, we finally heard from lwyrchick ... where's Linda and Renee??? Let's start off the new week right!

LindaT
05-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Hope everyone had a nice weekend and got some sweating in. I did. :)

Sunday was 73 minutes and this morning was another 70 minutes before I headed for work. Still keeping the weights low because of my shoulder. The doctor says its some sort of a tear and if stuff hurts, don't do it. Sigh. Main thing is I am moving it, keepignt he range of motion and not lifting heavy stuff.

Lauren - eeks. you ran? Golly. Good for you.

Urs - sounds like you got some good exercise. When my mother comes shoppign with me, I about die from exhaustion. That woman can go for HOURS without a break. !

Amy - nice loss. Any loss is good, no?

Ceejay - nice bike ride. I might like to do that myself one of these days.

Kande - You sound like you are doing fine. The main thing is to continue to challenge yourself. In order to keep improving your fitness, you have to change things up. Also changing your routine will make you less prone to injuries.

Lwyr - we all told you that you would be successul and it would all turn out. You should listen to us more :P

Renee. hope you got your exercise today!

healthyeater
05-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Well, today starts my no excuses week of exercise! LOL 2 mile watp tape this morning....Saturday, walked to the lake and then took the long way home for some extra steps....Sunday, walked around the outdoor mall. ( www.crockerpark.com ) Yes, I believe walking while shopping counts, ursula! Ok, maybe not sweat producing, heart pounding credit, but better than sitting our butts on the sofa credit! LOL

Lwyr, glad you are back and congrats on the new job! :) Speaking of people mia....has anybody seen Jenn????? Jenn, come back. I will email you tomorrow. Hopefully just busy with the house.

Welcome, kande....Linda is the exercise authority on this board, and I totally agree with her. I think any exercise is better than NO exercise!

Ceejay, good exercise! Keep it up!

amy, another pound down is wayyyy cool! Change that tracker! :)

Linda, good work as usual. I hope that shoulder gets better soon!

ok, I am going to end this with saying....mmmmmm....mojitos......yum!

healthyeater
05-14-2007, 08:45 PM
and I almost forgot Lauren....good job getting the exercise in! And cosmos are sooo allowed on this thread, the furry kind or the liquid kind! LOL

healthyeater
05-15-2007, 11:39 AM
Reporting in for Tuesday, May 15...
30 min of treadmill work in today.
Will try to squeeze in another walk, possibly outside, later in the day...it's gonna be a HOT one here today...near 90. I LOVE hot weather! LOL

gahundy
05-15-2007, 01:03 PM
this will be short, yesterday i did 30 on the treadmill. so that still leaves me with 195 minutes to go...i think thinbelina has ran away from home again. too much crap going on at work and hubby is real sick and if he doesn't get better soon they will put him in the hospital. please keep me and my family in your prayers this week. i can sure use the extra help...amy

urs
05-15-2007, 03:39 PM
Okay exercise for May 14th 2007:

40 minutes on treadclimber
20 minutes on treadmill
3.75 miles total

Tonight will be the gym again with the same old routine! I think I will stick with it through the month of may and switch it up in june when its nice outside!

Have a good day ladies!

healthyeater
05-15-2007, 04:37 PM
Oh Amy, I just read your post and I will certainly keep your dh in my thoughts and prayers this week. Hugs!

urs
05-16-2007, 11:54 AM
Okay...so yesterday exercise was good!

I did a total of 4 miles and 60 minutes of cardio!

I actually ran 30 minutes on the treadmill! I was doing it during 'Dancing with the stars', and seeing all those lean girls made me push my self harder. My goal was to only run on the tm for a 12 minute mile, but I really am ready to get my but in gear!

This forum is helping lots because seeing all those miles and minutes add up makes me feel like I am actually accomplishing something!

Tonight exercise will be another 60 minutes of cardio. I think I have become a 'cardio junky' like Linda! LOL

Read over some posts, and it looks like all you ladies are doing great with the exercise! Definitely keep it up! It will definitely be worth it!

Have wonderful day everyone!

~Ursula :wave:

LaurenNC
05-16-2007, 02:29 PM
Amy, I hope everything is OK with you and your DH. We're thinking of you! :hug: Let us know how things are going.

LOL, urs, I have to say that I was inspired by Dancing with the Stars myself ... when the young guy and girl did their "raunchy" cha cha I have to say I threw in a few whirls around the kitchen myself as I was watching and doing the dishes :o

Embarassing kitchen gyrations aside, Monday night I did 30 minutes at Curves and a 90 minute yoga class, then I did another jog last night. Here's to another "no excuses" week! (I liked that term, Renee)

ceejay52
05-16-2007, 02:39 PM
Hello to all --mia this week. Just haven't had the get up and go to exercise. That's changing tonight.

healthyeater
05-16-2007, 03:46 PM
Checking in for Hump day, May 16, 2007...
30 min watp tape....raining today, so no chance to walk outside..

Will check in later! Luv and sweat to all!!!!!!!!!

urs
05-17-2007, 12:08 PM
Linda~ I really think that this challenge is working for me!

Once again I did 60 minutes of cardio last night.

40 minutes/ 2 miles on the treadclimber
20 minutes/ 1.5 miles on the treadmill

The janitor at the gym even said he is noticing a difference, but that I need to slow it down....hmmm I don't think so!

LindaT
05-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Glad everyone here seems to be doing something. Good for you!

Not a lot of time right now but today was day 5 of my exercise so i got 353 minutes for the week.

healthyeater
05-17-2007, 03:19 PM
checking in for Thursday, May 17, 2007,

Once again, watp 2 mile...that makes 4 days in a row for me...no excuses.
My cat just jumped up on the desk, with her whiskers all full of cobwebs from the basement and she is looking at me like I should be yelling at her or something! LOL wonder where she was.....probably her supersecret hiding spot! LOL It 's supersecret, so I have no idea where she has been!

ceejay52
05-17-2007, 10:13 PM
50 minutes of walking this afternoon behind the lawn mower. It really felt good to be outside and in the sunshine.

healthyeater
05-18-2007, 02:15 PM
checking in for Friday, May 18, 2007

I am on my way to go and cut the grass....I am not certain how long it will be, but I am certain it will be good exercise! :)

I made it through, (after I am finished with the lawn) my 5 days of no excuses this week. It feels good. I am going to do it again next week. WI will be tomorrow. Last week. No loss no gain...ok...that has been the story of my life lately...but eating and exercising were decent this week, so we will see. I am planning to go off plan on Sunday...as we will be eating out to celebrate my turning 42 (eeeks! how in the heck did that happen??) and there will be cake. But I will keep it to the one day...and that is it.

have a good weekend chicks! ;)

LindaT
05-18-2007, 02:34 PM
Today is my lazy slug day (no exercise) and I am enjoying it!! Had a tough day yesterday with tummy issues. I ate tomatoe sauce and it didn't go perfectly. Not horrid bad bad pain, but it wasn't comfy. I tried and it didn't go well so I won't try that again for awhile!!

Aww kitty brought you a present of cobwebs! Aren't they cute when they get into mischief? Good thing too because usually when they get into stuff, you hear a loud crash and then see a cat hauling *** for the bedroom :lol: Good going on your No excuses week Renee.

Ceejay - another lawn mowing person. Good for you. I hated mowing the lawn so when I moved, I planted creeping thyme in my yard. No mowing, but it does need trimmed from time to time. Hope you didn't get a sunburn!

Everyoen else have a hppy weekend and get some sweat! June is around the corner!!

ceejay52
05-18-2007, 06:30 PM
Linda My yard is to big to plant enough flowers to keep from mowing the lawn. If it were my lawn I'd have serenity garden. There's one in Paragould that I envy.

Renee--Happy birthday. Enjoy the cake and trimmings you only turn 42 once.

Did 20 minutes upper body using 5 pound weights and rode the bike for 20 minutes.

**Jennifer**
05-21-2007, 09:47 AM
Peeking in on the fly. Boss has been away for the last week, so things here have been nutso. Also have a short week myself, since Mom & Dad will be coming out for the long weekend. I'm trying to get ahead with everything so that when they are here, we can spend some time just hanging out, with nothing that we absolutely have to deal with.

Miss you all- June should be an easier month. At least I'm hoping so! :) More time to do the little extras, like coming to post, or playing online.

Have a great week, ladies!

urs
05-21-2007, 02:54 PM
Alrighty chickies!

Friday...exercise didn't exist..not enough time. Got my hair done, and was still late picking up DS from school.

Saturday...got up at 7am and hit the gym for an hour and 24 minutes/5 miles

Sunday....got up at 7am again and hit the gym for an hour/ 3.5 miles

No loss to report...still hovering around the 157-160. Trying to at least drop a couple of pounds this week...the scale is making me crazy! :dizzy:

Plan tonight is dinner, play outside with DS until DH gets home, and off to the gym for at least an hour, maybe an hour and a half and some tea right before bed (thats my new "dessert"...its a dulche de leche carmel tea...yummmy!) Helps me sleep better too (its decaf)

~Ursula

ceejay52
05-21-2007, 06:54 PM
I'm going to be wearing the pedometer for exercise for the rest. I've got a pulled muscle in my leg. I'm striving for 2 miles per day. Problem is that it's not all at the same time.

LindaT
05-22-2007, 12:44 PM
Morning everyone. Glad to see a few of you at least still straggling around here and getting exercise. I wish I had time to post every day, but sometimes it just doesn't happen. I figure if I have to make the choice between exercising and posting, exercise is going to win every time.:p Also, I don't have much to say when I do post except. I got in 73 minutes Sunday, 70 minutes on Monday and 70 minutes this morning.

The year is nearly HALF over. What progress have you made? What changes can you make to your routine to make the second half of the year be more productive? We ALL can do with some refinement of our programs I am sure because when you do the same thing over and over again, your body becomes very adept and just won't burn as many calories!!

ceejay52
05-22-2007, 04:54 PM
The progress I've made was to get into a routine of cooking instead of stopping by the fast food places. Much healthier.

I'm planning a 20 minute weight session later this afternoon. I have 1.3 miles on the pedometer.

healthyeater
05-22-2007, 08:14 PM
checking in for Tuesday, May 22....

Well, I am here. Dinner dishes are needing to be done, as well as laundry folded...but I thought I would pop in and post....

I managed 20 min on tm this morning before my dentist appointment. My mom saw my van there and stopped in (my dentists office is at the top of her street) , so I had lunch at Ruby Tuesdays. Had the salad bar...only veggies on my salad and lowfat dressing and veggie soup...so I think I did good. It was terribly hard to eat with one side of my face numb...but, hey, a girl has got to eat...LOL

My birthday (thanks ceejay and all you girls that sent me ecards or wished me a happy day...it really made my day) was good. I got a dyson. I am in love! LOL

Happy birthday (belated here by a day--but I got you on time in the journals) LINDA! I hope you got the nice card as well as the funny card...and not just the funny card..sorry, I just couldn't resist...I mean come on...a hampster doing exercises...how perfect is that? LOL

Jenn, glad you popped in. A visit from mom and dad...that will be so nice!

Urs, good job getting the exercise in even though it was a busy, busy weekend for you!

ceejay, sorry to hear about the leg...take it easy!

June, I am afraid, is going to be my very busy month (my calander is full of sharpie already! ) so I am just hoping to hang in there status quo and get my exercise in on a regular basis. I think I will start some PUSH back up though...I didn't think it did, but I think it really helped tone some areas...

urs
05-24-2007, 12:15 PM
Helllloooo Ladies! Looks like we are hanging on to only a few people in here for the May exercise challenge! For those of you who are still in here, gahundy,ceejay,renee, and linda...great job on getting that exercise in! You guys are an inspiration to keep me going! If you can do it I can to! No excuses, right Renee? That was my motto this week and will be next week too!

So exercise for Monday didn't happen. Went and got a new cell phone! yaaay!

Tuesday: 40 minutes treadclimber/ 2 miles and 20 minutes treadmill/ 1.75 miles

Wednesday: 40 minutes treadclimber/ 2 miles and 24 minutes treadmill/ 2 miles

Thursday: The plan is to do another 40 minutes of treadclimber/2 miles and 24 minutes treadmill/ 2 miles. Maybe 20 minutes on the bike or stair stepper.

Friday: The plan will be to do an hour of cardio if DH gets home in time before the gym closes...lets cross our fingers!

Saturday and Sunday will also be an hour or an hour and a half of cardio.

Sunday I am taking DS to the zoo with DH goes fishing with his friend. Its going to be so fun!

Well ladies, May is almost over! Lets hit our goals and get out butts in gear!

~Ursula

ceejay52
05-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Morning everyone--It's a beautiful day outside. Yesterday completed 20 minutes of floor exercises and the pedometer showed 2.6 miles and rode the bike for another 4.2 miles.

LaurenNC
05-24-2007, 03:28 PM
Urk, I've been bad. Sorry I have not been by lately, but I have been getting in exercising. I've updated my ticker below, and as you can see, I've been exceeding goal but the quantity is decreasing - not good. I have also had a heck of a urinary tract infection since Saturday and the antibiotic does not seem to be helping as much as I would have liked. Whine, whine, whine. The worst is that I actually have gained 10 pounds in the past 6 days. That's right, the scale was TEN POUNDS HEAVIER this morning. I have been eating a lot of junk but c'mon, shoot me while I'm down!!!! You all keep up the good work - I need the inspiration!

urs
05-25-2007, 12:46 PM
hola chicas!

Yesterday, no exercise at the gym. Gave into DS, he didn't want me to go, so instead, I took him on a "stroller ride". Thats what he calls it. It was about 20 minutes/ 1 mile, I am assuming. It started to rain so we headed in! I was pretty bummed because I wanted to go to the gym yesterday, but I improvised a little! Well this weekend, exercise sat and sunday at the gym, but monday, the gym is closed, so once again I will have to improvise.

I keep telling myself I need to invest in a dvd or tape so that on the days I can't make it, I can just pop that in. I don't know. I like the treadmill better than doing silly movements! LOL Less giggling on the treadmill I guess is the reason :)

Well see you all tuesday!

Ursula

healthyeater
05-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Not much time, but I want to wish everyone a nice, LONG relaxing holiday weekend...and lots and lots of nice weather to get out an enjoy! Remember, even a nice walk in the park is exercise...and better than sitting on your duff not doing anything! ;)

LindaT
05-25-2007, 06:42 PM
Hi ladies,

Sorry to be among the missing this week. Monday was my birthday so I'll use that for an excuse. Thank you for Renee and Jen for the cards! I got in exercise S-W this week. 70+ minutes a day. Thursday I was home sick with an IBS problem . I had been up most of the night not feeling well so exercise was missed for the day as well as most of my food! Much better today. Call in to my doctor to see what she wants to do and waiting her reply.

The weekend will be very much appreciated. No plans other than usual cooking and chores and a nap every day if I feel like it. :D Exercise will be Sunday and Monday because fat doesn't take a holiday!

Hope you all have a wonderful 3 day weekend, well those of you in the US!

ceejay52
05-28-2007, 02:28 PM
Walked 3.6 miles Saturday according to the pedometer. My legs are still feeling the affects of it today.

LindaT-Sorry you are not feeling well.

urs
05-29-2007, 02:08 PM
Friday: walk 20 minutes/1 mile
Sat: none
Sun: 90 minutes 6 miles (treadclimber, treadmill, and elliptical)
Mon: vegged

Today: Plan is

40 minutes treadclimber
25 minutes treadmill
20 minutes on elliptical
15 minutes on bike

We will see if I can make it that long! LOL I know I can do 60 minutes, but 100? that would be awesome!

And your right Linda! Fat does NOT take a holiday! LMAO hahahaha I wish it would!

LindaT
05-29-2007, 02:22 PM
Morning and happy TUESDAY!! I keep typing Monday because I am brain dead today.

Had a nice weekend. My appetite seems to have come back after almost two months on this medication so uh oh. I didn't eat any crap. Just more than I would have liked to. It is really nice to not feel nauseated for a change. Hope it lasts.

Exercise was stupendous... 73 minutes on Sunday of step aerobics, Monday was 70 minutes of Taebo - double taebo and this morning was step aerobics and floor aerobics. My inner and outer thighs were not happy this morning and I attibute that to doubling up on the Taebo on monday. I know tomorrow I will really be walking funny so I am ready. :lol:

Ceejay - hope you legs are feeling better today

Urs - You are getting a good workout today. Hope you don't keel over!!

Everyone else.. front and center :drill:

gahundy
05-29-2007, 05:31 PM
ok, ok, here i am. i am lurking in the corner so that noone can see that i have gained back 2 pounds! I have nothing and noone to blame but myself. i just didn't have what it took to keep me moving all weekend and when i don't move, i eat junk. i don't why, it just is.
so for today my food has been great(except for lunch) but one meal doesn't resign the rest of my week to failure. dinner tonight will be some veggie and a turkey burger.
exercise today will be half hour (usually longer) with Meredith(pers. train.) and 25 minutes on the treadmill.
have a good night ladies, i will be back tomorrow...amy

LaurenNC
05-29-2007, 06:19 PM
I am back - my infection is gone so hopefully I will be back on track. I'm still in it for May, but gosh am I straggling to the finish line! See my sig below, wow has my enthusiasm waned each week :devil: But I am still proud that I met my overall goal for the month already, and still have today, tomorrow and Thursday to add on. Whew - can't wait for the June challenge to do better! Thanks for keeping me motivated!!!

urs
05-30-2007, 01:34 PM
Alright ladies! Heres the scoop:

Yesterday MIL drove me nuts and rearranged my entire house...I mean everything from my closet to the kitchen cupboards! Than she tries to tell me to eat more food when i already ate...talk about sabotager! LOL oh well! I made and stuck to the plan I had for yesterday! It is definitely much easier to stick to eating healthy when its planned! My cals yesterday were 1128, fat was 42, carbs were 123, protein was 105, and fiber was 29. All in all VERY GOOD food day. Had soy protein for breakfast, nuts and raisins for snack, southwest chicken salad for lunch, banana and tea for snack, turkey and bacon wraps for dinner, and dessert was nuts, raisins and sleepytime tea!

Exercise:

8 minutes on bike
40 minutes on treadclimber
28 minutes on treadmill

I think it was about 5.25 miles possibly more, but we will go with the lower number. I already reached my goal for miles so woo hoo! Just need to get the minutes in. Usually its harder to get the miles in, odd.

Well chickies,
:ebike:
Plan tonight is gym for an hour and a half
25 minutes on the treadmill
40 minutes on the treadclimber
15 minutes on the bike
10 minutes on the elliptical

So where is everybody?:grouphug: A lot of people have fallen off the may challenge band wagon! Well its almost june! Start thinking about what goals you want to accomplish next month!

Ursula:wave:

ceejay52
05-30-2007, 06:34 PM
rode 4 miles this morning on the stamina bike.

Ursula--Those are cute avatars.

Amy--Hope your dh feels better soon and things settle down at work.

Lauren--1397 exercise minutes deserves a special reward. Did you reward yourself?

Hello to the rest.

urs
05-31-2007, 02:14 PM
AAAHHHH! Its already the end of may and I still haven't reached my minute goal!

So plan tonight since DH is home due to rain, he can watch ds, I will be heading to the gym early.

I only have 74 minutes for my goal for may, but I want to try and get in 90 minutes. Shooting high, but I do need to make up for yesterdays flump! (30 minutes....maybe a mile:^: )

Thanks ceejay re:comment on avatars

So Linda- I can't wait to see what June's challenge title is going to be! You have been such an inspiration, whether or not this was your idea! You work so hard at keeping yourself healthy and really kicked my rear into gear! Overall I feel really good! My energy is up! and I am more alert! I need it with an 18 month old running around!

Have a wonderful chickies!

Ursula