Support Groups - Back In Kindergarten #24!

View Full Version : Back In Kindergarten #24!

Mom2Gaby
05-01-2007, 12:44 PM
"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

:cofdate: So, pull up a chair and join us!:cofdate:

Mom2Gaby
05-01-2007, 12:59 PM
UGH - missed up the color, sorry. Ok - enough damage done here - lol Have a super day!! And if you are happening through - join us!! We would love to get to know you!!:df: :df:

Mom2Gaby
05-01-2007, 06:00 PM
Ick, where is everyone??? I need to chat with someone. I am waiting for my doctor to call me back regarding my results. They said her nurse couldn't tell me that I needed the doctor. Bad news??? UGH......hate waiting. I did get some good news on the apt, he is going to fax me over an application. It is almost into the village, right by the US armory katy......it is a duplex. lol......clues for you. Hope I get it.
anyway - I shall go sit on pins and needles.....:?:

RosieKate
05-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Hi Susan -
I used to live in a duplex in that area - you should pm me the address. If it is the same - wouldn't that be a hoot! Would be cool for the girls to be in Kindy together :)
I'm baby-steppin' too. Finished my 1st 10 lbs - now to work on the 2nd ....steppin' steppin' steppin'

Hi to everyone else. Hope you are all having a great day.

I am having a hard time staying away from bread...think I'm ovulatin'...TMI sorry

I put up a little contest on the Picky blog. It may be too soon to try this because not too many people read the blog, but we'll find out now won't we?

suetalks
05-01-2007, 11:31 PM
Good evening ladies...Quick stop by to say "hi."
Susan- Keeping my fingers crossed for you on the duplex.
Katy- I will go check out the blog.....

Landscaping the new house and still haven't finished decorating....I am slow!!
Food has been my enemy, but I am walking again. I can relate to the baby steps. :)

Sassy_Chick
05-02-2007, 12:43 AM
Hi Ya Ladies.

We took my mil out to see the Titanic Exhibit today and also took her out for the day. She had a good time, it was her "early" mother's day present, we had to go early as the exhibit goes away soon. ;)

It was really neat, I won't bother you with all the details, but it was very interesting. I did a lot of walking today, I know it doesn't count as exercise, but at least its better than sitting on my rear........:)

Well I finally gave up my "demon" -- regular pop. I know it is very very bad for you, but I felt like I "needed" it to get through work. I work nights and where I am a night person, sometimes I just need a boost. Well I now drink Coke Zero, so I have no calories or sugar, but I still have my caffeine. Not my favorite drink in the world, but it will work when I am tired of drinking my water, which I am drinking a lot more of and even have DH drinking a lot of it too.

I think I finally got my eating under control. I know when to stop eating and to push away food and not inhale it like a hoover vacuum. lol. J/K about the hoovering. lol. I know that I am no where near where you gals are, but its a beginning, AGAIN. I just hope this time is the finale because I am tired of it all.

Now I just need to work on exercising and then I think I will be doing okay, at least to begin, AGAIN for the million and one time!!!! Think I would have gotten it right by now!!!!!!!!!! GEEZ!

Anyways. Sorry to ramble on.

I hope you all had a great Tuesday.

:hug:

Mom2Gaby
05-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Good Morning, I dribbled coffee on my shirt and now I have 2 brown blobs on my chest. Cute, always the fashion statement.
Speaking of clothes, I can't wear any of mine. I sqeeze into my size 14 pants and try and breathe. Most of the time I unbutton/unzip them as I sit on my *** all day at the desk. Oops, excuse my naughty mouth. Yikes. lol
I had a bowl of yummy organic steamed veggies last night with a light sprinkle of garlic salt on them. It was like........to die for.....and I thought I was going to die. lol......so, I stole a spoonful of Gaby's Mac -n-cheese and felt better.
I had Atkins shake for breakfast again w/ banana. It was good - turned down bacon and felt in control. :jig:
So, day 3!!
Would love to see Titanic exhibit Sassy!!
Hi Sue :)
Katy - I pm'd - I love bread too, especially homemade - yum.

k- better get to the bathroom - full of water......what a pain.......
hi to everyone.......

Michelle
05-02-2007, 10:10 PM
Well it's been very stressful again here and sorry I'm not getting on here as much lately. On Saturday morning, part of my sister's kitchen caught on fire and she ended up putting it out by herself, but she was absolutely horribly burned and now she's off work on disability, going to many surgeon appointments, and she's in so much pain that it makes me very sad. Her kitchen has so much damage to it and so does she. Her left hand and arm are the worst, and she has a few spots on her right hand but still able to use it, and a few spots on her left ankle. She was heating up some of that green wax that you use to wax your eyebrows and upper lip with and a little bit of it spilled onto the burner which caught on fire and then caused the whole little dish of the wax to explode right in front of her and the hot wax went everywhere. Her little six month old puppy was standing by her feet and one of his paws stepped in the hot wax and it's burned horribly and has been to the vet now three times being treated. My sister started going into shock and she said her skin on her left hand was just handing from being melted so badly. I would appreciate any prayers from all of you. I spent all day today with her taking her to the surgeon's office for another procedure. I'm so tired tonight, but I'm heading upstairs right now to do my 2 mile WATP dvd. I'm very upset because I've been eating really good and still exercising every single day now for over four weeks and my weight is still the same, no change, but I see people on the boards losing tons right and left, and when I ask for some suggestions or a sample of their meal plans, I don't hear a word back, so I guess nobody really wants to help me out so I'll just stay on my own. Sorry to be so negative and a downer, but sometimes I really feel people could be a little more sensitive and helpful.:cry:

suetalks
05-02-2007, 11:52 PM
Michelle- Prayers for your sister. That is terrible. I hope she recovers quickly.

Hi kindergarteners....

FrouFrou
05-03-2007, 02:28 PM
MICHELLE...oh my goodness! I am so sorry to hear about your sis. I will keep her and you in my thoughts and prayers. :hug: :hug:

HI to everyone else :wave:

Not much to say right now, but wanted to stop by and say hi to everyone.

Lots of hugs to everyone :hug:

Mom2Gaby
05-03-2007, 02:33 PM
Good Morning -
Cristina- Where are you???
I am stuck on the phone with Kaiser. Still no test results.
Michelle- I am sorry about your sister - what a terrible thing to have happened. I hope she heals ok, many prayers.In answer to your frustration about needing suggestions or advice and not getting it. I don't know. Sometimes I think losing weight is self absorbing. I think it takes a lot of focus and it is hard (at least for me) to focus on anyone else........lol
Does that sound bad?? Sorry. It took me this long to get motivated. SusanNYC success was a push to get serious. I just kind of read around and take what will help me. Does that make sense?? I don't think (or at least hope) people mean to overlook, the world is just so busy.

Now lets talk about me. lol I had a good night. Ate a bowl of steamed veggies for dinner with chicken. I drank 80 oz's of water. I think I did pretty good. If I could just lose 20 pounds I could wear some of my clothes again. All my shirts are too small. I stretch and stretch them out and still too small. UGH. The girls are well. I might take them to the beach this weekend, just to get out and clear my mind.

anyway - hugs to you all and I hope you have a good day!!!

Mom2Gaby
05-03-2007, 02:38 PM
oops, there you are Cristina!!! What do you mean you have not much to say?? You are missed.
oh, just talked with the doctor. My results were good, same inflammation (sp) thing going on in the esophagus. I guess I will live dang........jk......better get to work!!

HUGS back Cristina!

50lbs2go
05-03-2007, 03:18 PM
I'm very upset because I've been eating really good and still exercising every single day now for over four weeks and my weight is still the same, no change, but I see people on the boards losing tons right and left, and when I ask for some suggestions or a sample of their meal plans, I don't hear a word back, so I guess nobody really wants to help me out so I'll just stay on my own. :

i am sorry to hear about your sister. some advice i can give about losing weight, what has worked for me is no sugar and hold off on the carbs. i am doing south beach and i am almost done with phase 1 and it has helped a lot. keep up the exercises and remember we are here for you.:hug:

Mom2Gaby
05-03-2007, 04:56 PM
:welcome2: Welcome 50lbs2go!

Michelle - I think my only suggestion that I have noticed works is water intake. Whenever I would stall I drank more water and the scale would move again. Also, not eating past 5pm worked for me too.

seagreenwater
05-03-2007, 05:15 PM
Michelle--Prayers to your sister. That's absolutely terrible. I wish her a speedy speedy recovery.

Mom2Gaby--Water is my thing too. I definitely try for 3 quarts (96oz) of water a day. It's tough to keep on it though because I usually start about two hours before bed and then I just want to go to sleep. But water is definitely part of the trick, I think. ;)

seagreenwater
05-03-2007, 05:17 PM
50lbstogo--I'm in Northern California too!

Mom2Gaby
05-03-2007, 06:39 PM
:welcome3: seagreenwater!

96ozs of water is awesome seagreenwater. I just started this week and can manage 70ozs. When I get home from work I stop because I am tired and I don't want to keep jumping up for the bathroom. lol

Lunch - was a greek reduced salad (130 cal) w/ a can of albacore (160 cal) - plus I did have 22 nuget size pretzels at 110 cal......and 2 small gala apples - but I don't count those calories- I consider that a freebie.

My weaknesses are breads and meat. Pretzels and tuna satisfy that. Plus I am really into these fruit lime popsicles @ 100 calories. I have one a day - every since I went to Hawaii I like to munch on ice. I guess I could get some ice and save myself a 100 calories - lol

anyway better get!!

Mom2Gaby
05-04-2007, 01:16 PM
Good Morning.
Breakfast was a serving of oatmeal, banana and an Atkins shake.
I am glad it is Friday! I will take the girls down to the coast tomorrow for the day.
I am going to do my weigh day on Monday , anyone want to join me? I better get busy on my water, just wanted to check in.
Have a wonderful day!!

seagreenwater
05-04-2007, 02:19 PM
The running around to the bathroom is the terrible part of all the water. When I drink before bed I end up getting up two or three times during the night just to pee. I don't enjoy that, at all.

Popsicle brand (I believe), the same people who make Fudgsicle bars have GREAT popsicles that are sugar free and large so they can satisfy the craving. I also tried Yoplait Light Boston Creme Pie yogurt the other day and it was really satisfying for 110 calories.

FrouFrou
05-04-2007, 04:12 PM
Hello ladies...

SUSAN...I have just been in a mood, blah. I think it's because I haven't exercised much and this darn weather. I don't know, I feel like there is a cloud hanging over my head, lol. Good for you for getting back on track! :bravo: You're doing great! i am still WI in Monday's so yeah, I'll join ya. ANd I get what you are saying. I do the same. I read and I take what I can use from that. And you are right, it's hard to concentrate on someone else when you are trying to focus on yourself...just the way it is I think. Hope you and the girls have fun at the beach. I miss the beach so much! We practically lived at Redondo Beach in CA.

A big :welcome: to 50lbstogo & Seagreenwater! Glad to have you ladies here and looking forward to getting to know you.

SASSY...wonder if that is the same Titanic that came here. I missed it. Glad you guys liked it though. For some reason I was thinking your mother was coming at a later date. Hope you guys are enjoying each other.

KATY...how's the house coming along? WTG on your first 10 lbs.! :woohoo: And heres to the next 10 :cheers:

MICHELLE...how are you doing today? How is your sister?

Nothing much going on today. Had to run to the post office this morning and mail some things and straightened up the house and that's about it. Chat more later.

Mom2Gaby
05-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Afternoon!
Hi Cristina and Seagreenwater - hope you both are having a good day.

I am just across the hall from the bathroom and I still run with my legs crossed. It is such a bother I wait til the last second and heck if I get there on time. I should bring an extra pair of pants.
TMI??? lol

I have to use the Loo every 30 minutes, I don't know how I am going to get to the coast, a 90 minute drive. I think I will just not drink water until I get there.

Lunch was another Greek salad w/ tuna. I like the feta (reduced fat) cheese on it. I also bought some fat free chicken broth to heat and sip on, it only has 20 calories in the whole container. It is pretty tastey.

Good, so you will join me Cristina on Monday (or I am probably joining you - lol ) The problem w/ M is he fell in love with me heavy and that was kind of nice but I was gaining over the months - getting bigger. I really want to wear my old clothes again.....and my skirts!! I miss them the most.

You can only eat so much and enjoy it before enough is enough - lol yikes....I will tell you in a couple weeks how high I was....:yikes: -

oh, good news! Becky's best friend isn't moving like planned. I am glad, they are so cute together.

Chat later and hi to everyone!

Michelle
05-04-2007, 05:30 PM
Thank you ALL for your kind words and prayers for my sister. I have been busy this week with getting her to appointments and running out to her house to help her during the days when everyone is gone. She is in SO much pain and I feel so bad for her.:cry: Yes I've been very down lately with my weightloss, and with being gone every day this week, it has thrown my eating pattern off, so tomorrow I'm back on track again. I usually weigh in on Saturday mornings, but I can change it to Monday mornings to join all of you.:p I had a bad experience yesterday with a lady in the contact department at Kaiser, where we have our insurance, and was just giving up on my contacts, but I called there this morning and went through a different lady who was SO nice and SO helpful, explaining everything in detail, and now I'm in my two week trial pair to see how they do with me. It's so difference, I actually feel naked, without glasses on, but I do love it! I can only wear the contacts four hours today, and then add two hours each day until I can wear them all day. I think they will be a lot more convenient and I can wear regular sunglasses now. Susan, I have such a weak bladder to begin with and so when I'm drinking a lot of water, I have to make sure I'm always right near the bathroom. Whenver we drive to the coast, I cannot drink anything that morning until we get down there, and awhile before we leave to drive back home, it's a pain! Well I've decided to just stay on my own with my weightloss and now try and get help from others, who seem too busy to help anyways. Hope all of you are having a good Friday.:hug:

SUSAN ~~ I meant to ask you, did you get clear or colored contacts? I tried on several pairs, and did think about some green ones, but my daughter said I looked like I had alien eyes and she liked my brown color the way it is so I ended up just getting clear ones. I just thought it would be fun having a new color of eyes, but they didn't look natural on me. I can see really clear except up close isn't super clear for me yet.

FrouFrou
05-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Hello ladies...

MICHELLE...hugs to you and your sis. My first hubby walked passed a wall furnace and it blew up as he walked by. It burned a good size of his back and he said that was the worst pain anyone could ever have to deal with. I'm hoping your sis isn't that bad...just the thought of her having to go thru what DH did hurts me. I hope you meant you won't be dealing with your weight loss by yourself. I know I said it is hard to help others when one is trying to do it but I think we all need each others support. I know I do! That's why I am here...I can't seem to do it on my own. Glad you got in touch with someone who was nicer than the other person. Do the contacts bother you at all? I would like to get them and then be able to buy some cheaper sunglasses. Right now I have prescription ones and need new ones. I don't really need them as I can actually see without glasses...they just make things clearer. But I don't know that I could stand something on my eye.

SUSAN...I am the same way. If I know I am going to be gone most of the day or in the car a significant amount of time I won't drink water. It comes out as fast as it goes in, lol. Glad Becky's friend isn't moving. It's hard when a good friend moves away...you feel lost. Hope you guys have a fun time at the beach.

HI to everyone else :wave:

Nothing much going on. Going to hang some pictures on the wall and getting laundry done. It's icky out again...supposed to get some bad storms later. I swear...we will never get any yard work done.Anywho...better get going. I need to unpack a couple of boxes as well. Going to go get more stuff out of storage tomorrow. Having a neighborhood yard sale and I want to be ready for it. Already have three boxes of stuff. I can't believe the amount of stuff I have held onto and carried around each time we moved, ugh. As much as I hate to let go of things I am. I am one of those people who say...I will use it, one day, lol. Then it sits in a box for years!

Take care ladies, and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! :wave:

Mom2Gaby
05-06-2007, 05:53 PM
Happy Sunday!!
Michelle - as far as the contacts go I have clear. I like them. Let me know the price the price at Kaiser, ok? I spend $70 for 3 months going to Lens Crafters.
I hope you are feeling better and getting out of a *blah* mood Cristina!! :)

Went to the beach yesterday with the girls. It was good to get out of the city.
I ate:
Breakfast
Atkins w/ banana
Lunch
Clam chowder at Mo's in Lincoln city. It was sooooooo good, I had 2 bowls w/ 1 slice of bread.
I thought that was ok considering it was all I was planning to eat.
Until we went to the cheese factory in Tillamook. I sampled 3 cheeses, little cubes, no biggie. I saw some carmel corn and bought a pack. Ate some of that which was a mistake because it was heaven on earth! I swear it melted right in your mouth. I threw it at Rach and told her to hide it after a few handfuls. I took a bit of Gaby's beef jerk........and, I think that was all in my fall from grace. lol
I did have some apples too.

So, the damage was done. Today is going good so far. Gab went with her father so I am just spending the afternoon resting and reading.

catch you all tomorrow!!!!

Mom2Gaby
05-07-2007, 12:22 PM
Good Morning!
Weigh day for me and I lost 2 pounds. yay......I wish it had been more though- grrrrrrrr. Good news is my pants feel better. They aren't digging into me and I can actually breathe now when I sit down. So, I will try and focus on how my clothes fit and not the scale too much.
I switched to Slim Fast shakes in the morning. I couldn't find Atkins strawberry at the store, my favorite flavor. I don't like the chocolates or vanilla. I also bought some 94% fat free popcorn. I had some last night and it isn't too bad. I burned it but ate it anyway.
I have soooo much to do at work. I wanted to say good morning!!!
Hope you all had a good weekend, I did :)

RosieKate
05-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Yay Susan- here's to baby-steppin'! Good job...I'm holding steady this week. I must be ovulating or something, 'cause I have craved salty things all week and the scale is not being kind to me. I do a TH weigh in, so I'll just post my .4 loss from then here, and let's keep our fingers crossed that I have some ok news by next Monday.

Michelle - your new pic is so pretty! How are you liking your contacts?

Hi Cristina - hope you are being spared all those horrible tornadoes..

Hi to everyone else.

The weekend zoomed by for us. DS finished up track season with meets on Sat and Sun. DD and I went to the Fairy Festival at Alpenrose on Sat. then to Sunday School and the meet on Sunday. Then came home exhausted. We ate a late dinner and watched the couple we most did not want to win the Amazing Race win the Amazing Race. Bummer.

Hope everyone is having a good Monday.

Mom2Gaby
05-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Dear Susan,
How are you ?
I am fine.
Kind of lonely, kind of quite here. Heeeeeeeelloooooo, heeeeeeeeellooooo.
I ate a gala apple and bell pepper. I consider them snacks. I try not to feel too much like a cow grazing. It is hard though with all these fruits & veggies. I did pick up another greek salad, love those. Counting the minutes until I can eat again!! lol
Tonight is The Bachelor! Look forward to that. Finishing up my first 33 oz bottle.
What else?? I guess that is it. If I can manage 3 pounds loss this week I would be a happy camper. :)

edited for Katy :Oh, sure.....sneak in and don't tell me!! - you are ovulating? is that the same as TOM? Confused.......I know ,,,,,I am slow. My kids always think I am not listening but I am just trying to figure out what they are saying. ....lol
k- back to work...

FrouFrou
05-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Hello ladies! :wave:

SUSAN...I am out of that "blah" mood. Ya know, I think all it was, was no exercising. I started walking and doing some weights on Saturday and I am feeling so much better! I was going to wait until Monday, today, to start and I thought there is no time like the present. So put on my sneakers and went to the park, and prayed I wouldn't get rained on, lol. WTG on your 2 pounds! :woohoo: :bravo: Glad you and the girls enjoyed going to the beach.

KATY...WTG to you also! :woohoo: :bravo: The tornadoes have missed us, thank god! I feel for the people west of us and north of us. Geez, all these tornadoes and flooding. They have actually called school off in soooo many counties/cities. Of course last night we had a scare. After watching the weather and them saying there was no severe weather anywhere around the tornado sirens went off about 11:30! False alarm though.Thanks for asking!

MICHELLE...I too like your new avatar and you without glasses. I forgot to mention that. How is your sister doing?

JULES, SASSY, SusanNYC...how are you ladies doing? Hoping all is well with you.

Today has been a busy day for me. I got in a 2 mile walk on the treadmill. The weather is too if'y right now to go to the park. I am feeling better, more energetic. I am drinking my water and the eating is going well. This is only day one though, lol. I plan on having a loss come next WI! Oh, forgot to mention...I am up 2 pounds :( Not to fret though...I know I am on the right track again. Of course this is a bad week.

Chat later gators :wave:

Michelle
05-07-2007, 06:22 PM
SUSAN...CONGRATS on losing 2 pounds!;) I've not been eating very well since last Thursday. I've been running my sister to appointments, and myself also, and my eating schedule has been thrown way off and we've done way too much eating out; I've put 2 pounds back on.:devil: I had to run down to Kaiser this morning to exchange my two week trial pair of contact lens, because they were drying my eyes out so much and I was constantly putting eye drops in, and they were irritating my eyes to where I could always feel them. The ones they put me in today are the same kind I wore years ago when I had contacts and they haven't bothered me once today and I don't even notice they're in and they are slightly tinted so I won't lose them like I almost did with the others. I go back on May 17 for my followup and to order my contacts and when I do, I'll let you know how much they cost. I think $70 for three months sounds kind of expensive.:o

KATY...Thank you for the compliment. I'm loving my contacts and being able to wear sunglasses. I still find myself trying to push my glasses up on my nose and realizing there is nothing there.:dizzy: Congrats on your weightloss, great job!;)

CRISTINA...Great job with getting back to your walking again! I know how much of a difference the exercise makes with me, for sure!;) The tornadoes have been horrible in Kansas and I'm so glad you're safe.:hug:

Well like I said, I've put two pounds back on and I'm very unhappy about it, but I will be getting back on track again tomorrow. I need to get to the grocery store tonight, because we're about out of everything.:(

Mom2Gaby
05-08-2007, 12:04 PM
Good Morning -
Yes, I did get on the scale this morning and it was a total 4 pounds loss, instead of 2 from yesterday. Maybe I didn't get all the water of of me??? Anyway, I kept getting on and off the scale :goodscale to make sure, I was thrilled!!!! yay......now I am happy.
I started taking a green tea herb on Sunday. It is suppose to help burn fat.I will see this week if it helps.
I had veggies and a breast of chicken for dinner last night and a slim fast w/banana this morning. I have a red grapefruit and apples for munchies during the day.
I tried another pair of pants on this morning and they feel looser! Thank goodness.
My main motivation is all the clothes I can't wear. I have some cute things and it would be sooooooo nice to get back into them. Please, please God:dust:
k- getting to work!!

Jules Where ARE you??? Miss you.

Michelle HUGS to you and your sister! Take it easy :)

Cristina I am glad you are out of the blahs! You are doing great on the exercise, I need to get my butt in gear too.

Katy Beautiful day, huh? I passed on that one apt. I think the traffic would have gotten on my nerves.

Sassy, Sue, Susan, Seagreenwater and everyone else. I hope you all have a good day!!

Michelle
05-08-2007, 01:25 PM
SUSAN...What is the name of the green tea herbs and where did you buy them? Congrats on 2 more pounds!!!:woohoo:

Mom2Gaby
05-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Michelle - Not sure of the name. I think it is just Green Tea. I bought it from Freddies in the health food section, near the Atkin products. Finding something that would boost my metabolism (sp) seemed attractive to me. Kind of my way around exercising - lol

Michelle
05-08-2007, 02:09 PM
I'm going to Freddies today so I'll look into them, thanks!;) I've still been doing my exercising, but anything to help out a little more, especially with my slow thyroid, will be helpful.:D

FrouFrou
05-08-2007, 02:48 PM
Hello ladies :wave:

SUSAN...YAY! 4 pounds is a GREAT loss! WOOHOO! I've heard lots of good things about the green tea...may have to check it out.

MICHELLE...don't feel so bad about the 2 pounds, I gained 2 too! But I know we'll get it off and get back on track.

I am walking to Iraq and Back, lol. I saw this on one of the military sites. In Georgia they are having an event to support the troops called Walk to Iraq & Back. They are trying to get enough volunteers on the post there to come out and get a total of 13,000 miles walked. This lady said she can't get to Georgia to walk but thought it would be a great movitvation for her to get healthy and to pass the days, months while her son is deployed. Just wish I would have seen it sooner...a great motivation for me as well. So I added a ticker. Let's see how long it takes me to walk to Iraq. I added 900 miles to it since I am not in Georgia. I'll have to check out and see what exactly the mileage would be from here to there. I'll be curious to see how long it takes me.

Nothing much going on today. Sticking around the house and getting some things done. And spending some time on the 'puter. The sun is actually shining today! :sunny: It rained a little this morning. I went around the park (3/4 of a mile) once and it started so finished my walk on the treadmill. Feeling pretty good with the exercise...must keep it up.

HI to everyone else :wave: Hope everyone is having a good day!

Mom2Gaby
05-08-2007, 07:06 PM
Wow, you are walking to Iraq and back Cristina?? That is a lot of miles - amazing. Best to you :) I need to start walking too. What kind of walking shoes do you wear? My feet always start to hurt, that is why I stopped the last time.
Michelle - Did you see Green Tea products @ Freddies?? I spent like 15.00 dollars on what I bought - it better work for that price!

I walked to Starbucks and bought an ice coffee.....had a gala apple, greapfruit and my greek salad w/ tuna. Tuna is greek, right??? haha. crack myself up behind this computer. Don't worry, I am not really this stupid acting in real life. Drank 66 oz of water and call it a day on that - I don't like drinking in the afternoon. I need to figure out what is for dinner and popcorn sounds good while watching American Idol tonight.

k- back to the grind at work!!

Sassy_Chick
05-08-2007, 11:15 PM
Size Discrimination. It sucks. That is all I'm saying.

Michelle
05-08-2007, 11:46 PM
Size Discrimination. It sucks. That is all I'm saying.

SASSY...I've been wondering about you lately. Please share with us so that we can help you out.:hug: I sure hope nothing happened at work, because you are a super hard and good worker and deserve the best!!:hug:

Sassy_Chick
05-09-2007, 06:52 AM
SASSY...I've been wondering about you lately. Please share with us so that we can help you out.:hug: I sure hope nothing happened at work, because you are a super hard and good worker and deserve the best!!:hug:

Thanks Michelle. Nope nothing to do with work, for once. lol. I had a bad experience when I went for my ultrasound for my gallbladder, abdomen, and my dr. wanted a pelvic ultrasound too. Was not a good experience at all and I've had several before (for the same issue) and never have I been treated this way! The ultrasounds were not done by my dr. I went to a medical clinic to have it done.

I hope you are all well!

Michelle
05-09-2007, 11:42 AM
Thanks Michelle. Nope nothing to do with work, for once. lol. I had a bad experience when I went for my ultrasound for my gallbladder, abdomen, and my dr. wanted a pelvic ultrasound too. Was not a good experience at all and I've had several before (for the same issue) and never have I been treated this way! The ultrasounds were not done by my dr. I went to a medical clinic to have it done.

I hope you are all well!

SASSY...I'm so sorry.:hug: I've had many of these done also and they are already horrible enough, but being discriminated is totally unacceptable! I would definitely make a report immediately.:(

Mom2Gaby
05-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Good Morning -

:hug: :hug: Sassy :)

I am just getting into work. Already stressed from Rach who is crying not wanting to go to school. She has gained a lot of weight this year and says she has no friends. I told her she actually has to go to school to have freinds. she has missed so much. Just a drag. You want your kids to be happy.
Gaby is happy. she loves her animals and cars. She is always chattering in the back seat to herself -what a sweetie.
Beck is happy. She is trying out for the dance club next week - for high school next year.
I had Wendy's chili for dinner last night. I had a slimfast with oatmeal this morning. It was good. I put it in Gaby's Miss Kitty bowl and made it seem like I was eating a hearty portion. Have to fool the mind........the trick to losing weight. lol

*sigh.........ok, I guess I am going to get busy......you all have a good day!!!

Sassy_Chick
05-09-2007, 02:01 PM
Thanks Michelle. Yes I plan on reporting it, because like I was discussing with my friend last night, I don't want it to happen to some young girl who is overweight and already self-conscious and totally ruin her life or something. I'm an adult, I can gripe about it and get over it, but a young girl or even an elderly person may not. Also if I don't say anything about it, its almost saying that it was okay and it definitely was not.

A lot of people think its acceptable to treat people who are larger in size like crap and we shouldn't complain about it. It also irritates me when people who are not of a larger size think that its "no big deal". Well if it happened to you, then yes it would be a big deal.

If I were discriminated against my sex, race, or if I had a disability, then I have laws on my side. It just really really irks me how people think its acceptable.

Well it just keeps getting better. I guess the apt. complex decided today to jackhammer all of the sidewalks. Luckily we don't have to work tonight, or I'd be complaining. I wonder how they would like it if I went and jackhammered under their bedroom window at 4 am.

DH took FIL to the dr. FIL has to have another test done. Also FIL's sisters and brother-in-law are coming into town on Friday from Tennessee, FIL wanted DH to take off of work to take them to this international grocery store we have here. DH is like um I can't take off work on that short of notice. I understand that its family and all, but um we can't help that we work weekends and nights. If they um I don't know maybe would have planned this ahead of time, then yeah DH could have gotten off of work. It just irks me how everybody just assumes that we can just take off of work like its nothing. We have to battle for every night we do get off. I mean if it was an emergency or something, then yeah he'd take off, but its not.

Anyways, guess I am just majorly grumpy from oh I dunno getting woke up by a huge jackhammer going right under my bedroom window.

Have a Nice Day.

Sassy_Chick
05-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Good Morning -

:hug: :hug: Sassy :)

Thanks for the hugs.

Mom2Gaby
05-09-2007, 02:25 PM
awww, you are welcome Sassy. Praying that you have a better day today. Going to start on my water. I shall return in between bathroom breaks! :)

Jules...........where ARE you???

FrouFrou
05-09-2007, 03:16 PM
SASSY...I am a grump as well, a grump with a headache. Your day sounded like the start of mine. It can only get better, right? Well, lets hope so. I am sorry you had to endure the rudeness and insensitivity of others. I don't understand people today. Lots of hugs to you :hug: :hug: :hug: One thing I was going to mention...has any of the doctors recommended a MRI? I have heard that is the new ultrasound now days for detecting gallstones.

SUSAN...lots of hugs to Rachel. :hug: :hug: :hug: Been there done that. I hated going to school too. I hope she gets to feeling better. And you are right, we want to protect our kids and do what we can for them. It hurts us as much as it hurts them.

MICHELLE...glad you are liking your contacts. One day I may try them. Hope your sis if feeling better.

HI KATY, JULES & SusanNYC! :wave:

Busy morning and so far haven't gotten a walk in. yes, Susan, walking to Iraq. DD was joking and said it would probably take me 30 years, lol! I am going to try fit one in later, maybe do a a few 10-15 minutes walks. Anything is better than nothing. Just wanted to get on the computer and sit down for a few minutes before getting started on things again. Today is definitely not going to be a good eating day. HAd McDonalds for breakfast/lunch. It was breakfast but I had it for lunch. Stopped by on the way to take DD to the womens center for a recheck. So warming up hotcakes (w/o syrup & butter, ick) when I got home was my brunch. Will have a snack in a hour or two. We, the family are going to Olive Garden for dinner...going to try and not overdo it but it is my favorite place. Anywho...want to go post on another thread and then get off this thing to get something done. Chat with ya's later! :wave:

Mom2Gaby
05-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Good Afternoon.
33 oz's down, working on my second 33 oz's. It isn't too bad. I did have a headache earlier and took some Bayer.
mmm, McDonalds Cristina! I love pancakes. Oatmeal was good though- 150 calories. M went there this morning too and picked up his coffee at Chevron - ick.
I went to Starbucks, I would never buy coffee at a gas station. Oh- take that back. I bought this turbo coffee once - had me zooming all day.
I did my usual greek salad for lunch - kind of addicted to those.

Rach needs a lot of prayers. Going through a difficult time. Very hard to watch her struggle emotionally. We are going back to the beach this weekend for an overnight - maybe she will relax and open up. School was hard for me too. I was overweight and was teased a lot. I just think she is out of the loop when she misses days. *sigh*,,,,,,

k- back to the grind called work!!

Sassy_Chick
05-09-2007, 10:49 PM
TY all. :hug:

Well the jack-hammering finally stopped and I did manage to get a few more hours sleep. I'm just glad we are off tonight.

Cristina :hug: I haven't had an MRI for my gallbladder, I've had a few for my spine. When they detected DH's they found them with the ultrasound. Also I highly doubt my cheapskate insurance would approve it. But we'll see what the ultrasound shows up first. But I've also had the test done before where they inject the dye into you, that is awful. At least it was back when I had it done. All it showed back then was that my gallbladder was "Sluggy". But I'm hoping that something shows up, if not as my dr said, since I've had problems for so long, they might go ahead and take it out anyways. Oh I bet my insurance would just love that one............NOT! lol.

Anyways. Big :hug: to you all!

Mom2Gaby
05-10-2007, 12:36 PM
Good Morning!

I am suppose to have 4 gallstones - they found them with the c-scan. They never did say what they are going to do with them if anything. My faher had one blocking something and that is how he got an infection and passed away. Kind of scary. Anyway - what gloomy news.

Good news is I had oatmeal for breakfast w/ the slimfast. I had chicken and 1/2 a baked potato last night w/ a tsp. of butter. Gaby was good and ate a bowl of oatmeal with me this morning.

Busy day but wanted to say good morning! Yesterday was the 1st day I didn't have to unzip my pants to breathe!!

chat later

Michelle
05-10-2007, 02:15 PM
SASSY...I hope things are better with the noise today, geeze!:devil: Sorry you're having to go through so much right now with your health; you're in my thoughts.:hug:

SUSAN...You're doing SO good girly with your eating!;) Are you counting calories so you know how much you're taking in each day? I've been doing that, and also I have LA Weightloss plan, but they're basically about the same. I did my 1 mile WATP this morning and last night, and my DD and I are going walking up at the park when she gets out of school. I really want this weightloss to start up again. I'm losing nothing and just sticking at 227.:devil: I tried to look in the health food area at Freddys yesterday, but there are way too many things to sort through. Do you have the name of your green tea item and is it in a form of a pill?

CRISTINA...Hope you and your family had a nice time at Olive Garden last night, and hope you had a breadstick for me.:hug:

Mom2Gaby
05-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Michelle, good morning!

I have a general idea of the calorie intake. 1,200 to 1,500. I like the low fat thought and I also try and keep the carb down , but mainly the fat. I really like the greek salad and look forward to that each day. I don't know if the green tea curbs the hunger pains but I am not really hungry. I probably munch on something every 3 hours and I try not to eat after 6pm. I was going to look for Jolly time popcorn, it comes in a 100 calorie bag. I have been eating from a 220 bag.
I think the green tea was Green Tea Diet package. . It had a sample 1,500 menu in it. It was 15.99. Hope that narrows it down!

I love Olive Garden! I have only been there once but the bread sticks just melted in your mouth. That was my last meal out with M - when I have the Tour of Italy plate. Decided after that enough was enough......it was a huge plate of food.......and I felt guity - lol

anyway - almost done with my first 33 ozs. Have a good day!!

Michelle
05-10-2007, 02:43 PM
SUSAN...Your calorie range sounds great. I had been doing 1500-1600, but wasn't losing enough so then I was going around 1450-1500, but now I think I'm going to lower it a little more. It's just so frustrating to see some people losing so quickly and I sit here. I did start back with my healthy foods two days ago, because I had gotten off track some during the whole week when I was taking my sister to appointments and did too much eating out. Your greek salads sound yummy. How does M feel about you losing weight? When you see him, will he understand when you want to eat healthier when you go out to eat? You're very lucky to find such a kind and understanding man. I'm so sorry about Rach and her feeling so down. I hope when you go to the beach this weekend for an overnighter, she will open up to you. Is M going with you? I've had 24ozs of water so far and just keep it going.:dizzy:

Mom2Gaby
05-10-2007, 03:05 PM
Michelle -
I have always been able to lose 10 pounds quickly - after that it slows down.
When I was 24 I lost 110 pounds in 7/8 months on this crazy 500 calorie veggie soup that I made out of v8 juice. It was yummy but that is all I ate.
The next time I lost that much weight was in 1999 and it took me a healthier 17 months - that was on slimfast and about the same calorie intake - plus walking 3 miles a day. I don't know - the older I get the slower it is to lose. I get to 160 and stall - we will see how it goes this time!! At the moment I would love to be 160 - lol
M isn't going with us. He has met the girls but I want my own weekend of rest and doing what I want. He just can't beleive I gained 30 pounds in the months we have been together but I have. He never said anything - he always thinks I am beautiful. He is a sweetie - though he should have said something!

anyway - better get :)

FrouFrou
05-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Just a fly by to say Hi! :wave:

Very busy day and no time to post individuals but...

...forgot to mention yesterday Susan, the shoes I wear to walk are New Balance and I also have a pair of Skechers that aren't walking shoes per se but are comfortable to walk in. The New Balance are walking shoes. Of course I think "all" shoes are walking shoes, lol. And...V always gets the tour of italy too! I couldn't eat that much food. I love their lasagne and it is always too much for me.

Anyway...chat more tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a great day!

Michelle
05-10-2007, 06:03 PM
:wave: CRISTINA...Sorry you're having such a busy day, but hope to chat again soon.:hug:

SUSAN...My shoes I use to work out in and walk in are also New Balance. I got them at Freddys and they are actually running shoes, but I never run lol. They are absolutely so comfortable and my DD likes to work out in them also. We just got home from the park and I walked one mile, and it's way more harder on my legs than doing my WATP.

Sassy_Chick
05-10-2007, 11:46 PM
Hey all.

Just a quick hi. I hope your all well.

I haven't been feeling the greatest. I sure hope my ultrasound shows something. But then again at least with not feeling great, I'm not eating that much!

Take Care.

Michelle
05-11-2007, 11:28 AM
SASSY...I'm so sorry you're still not feeling very well. I hope you get extra rest today, and you're in my thoughts and prayers.:cry: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Mom2Gaby
05-11-2007, 03:01 PM
Good Morning!
Not in a good mood myself this morning. Trouble w/ M and that makes me sad. Trying to stay busy and think of the trip to the beach!!!

New Balance shoes??? Thanks Michelle and Cristina. I will check that out next time I am in the stores.

Breakfast was oatmeal and a slimfast - gobbled it down because I was running late.

Ok- sad and bummed. No sense in talking. Hope you all have a good day!!

FrouFrou
05-11-2007, 03:28 PM
Hi ladies...

MICHELLE...thanks. I was pooped yesterday for sure. Hate running around so much. This morning was a little busy but nothing like yesterday. Now tomorrow...whole 'nuther story.

SUSAN...hugs to you missy. :hug: :hug: Sorry to hear about you and Michael. Hope everything is fine, or gets there and you feel better.

SASSY...hugs to you too! :hug: :hug: I hope things get better and they find out what is wrong. Nothing worse than feeling bad and no one doing anything about it.

Had some errands to run this morning and planted some flowers. Now just trying to get my computer time in and do some laundry. Also, have to get my walk in too. Some days I just hate it but I know I need to do it. Going to go ahead and wish you ladies a wonderful weekend. I won't be on the computer at all this weekend, very busy weekend ahead, especially tomorrow. So...take care ladies and Have a very HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

Michelle
05-11-2007, 03:49 PM
CRISTINA...Thanks so much for writing me back. Your words really helped me out to why others can be the way they are.:hug:

SUSAN...Please talk to us and maybe we can help you when you are so sad and upset.:cry: I hope everything will be okay with you and M.:hug:

Sassy_Chick
05-11-2007, 09:17 PM
Hey Everybody:

I did get my ultrasound results, well sort of. DH called and spoke with the nurse, she didn't go into detail, I will find out more at my appt. But so far they can see I have Cysts, which is common for my disease: PCOS.

That is about all for now.

Take Care Everybody!

Happy Mother's Day to All! & I hope you had a Happy Birthday, Cristina!:celebrate:

Mom2Gaby
05-14-2007, 12:13 PM
Good Morning!
I hope you all had a wonderful Mothers Day weekend! I did with my girls. We went to the beach and relaxed. Went to see a movie - the one with Jane Fonda - forget the name. Ate lunch at Mo's and gobbled up 2 bowls of clam chowder. It is sooooooo good.
Back to the grind though and back to watching calories. I weighed and down 3 pounds from last week!! yay.....ate a banana w/ slimfast this morning - no time for oatmeal.
k- better get to work! suppose to be warm today in Portland - can't wait to go sit outside at lunch time.
chat later!

FrouFrou
05-14-2007, 02:59 PM
Hello ladies :wave:

MICHELLE...you are welcome sweetie. I honestly don't know why some people are the way they are and that person, ugh! I think she was just down right rude and mean to you and it was totally uncalled for. :hug:

SUSAN...glad you had a nice weekend at the beach. :woohoo: on the 3 pounds! :carrot:

SASSY...thank you! Wish I could say I had a nice one. WEll, actually, it was, just down in the back and that wasn't any fun at all. Couldn't do much at all, still can't. Glad I have DH and the kids to help me out. All those tests you had made me think of DD when they were trying to find out what was wrong with her. She had to drink that nasty stuff too and they didn't see anything. They just didn't want to believe that a 15-year-old had gallstones and they kept treating her like she was crazy and just making this up, ugh. :hug: :hug:

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Today is WI and I am happy to say I am down 1.8 pounds. Considering last week was a terrible for eating. I started off good but knew there was going to be two days of bad eating. Still didn't do so bad, not as bad as I thought. Hoping for a bigger loss next WI. We'll see...

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a good day!

Mom2Gaby
05-14-2007, 03:12 PM
:bday2you: :bday2you: I meant to say Happy Birthday earlier Cristina!! Sorry - hope you had a nice day :) :cheer2: Congrats on the 1.8 pounds!!! - that is great.

I think I will go get my salad for lunch. Ify with M at the moment. Trying to merge our 2 lives might be too difficult. He wants peace and quite .......lol - and I don't think my life is that. Not until these kids grow up at least. anyway - kind of makes me ill but I need to let it go.

k- chat later....

FrouFrou
05-14-2007, 03:41 PM
Thank you Susan! :thanks:

Sorry to hear about you and M. I do hope everything works out. :hug: :hug: :hug: Did he think kids were quiet? Lol Hang in there missy, and don't give up. Merging two lives/families is and never will be easy but it is well worth the work and effort if the person(s) are worth it. And it seems to me from all you've said, M is worth it and you sure as **** are! So just hang in there. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Was getting ready to log off and get up off my butt and get something done. Thought I would check the thread again. So...ta ta again ladies.

Have a good Monday!

Sassy_Chick
05-14-2007, 10:12 PM
Hey Cristina,

Sorry to hear about your back, I sure know how that feels! Yeah its like the medical field refuses to beleive that we actually know what we're talking about our own bodies! Crazy. Well at least they found something, Cysts, but don't know how they would cause all of this, but possibly, will have to see next week!

We went and looked at a couple condos today, we really like the 2nd one, going out tomorrow to look at apts. We just want out of this apt and to be closer to work and the in-laws.

Take Care,

suetalks
05-14-2007, 11:32 PM
Sassy- Good luck on finding a new place. Change is good. Hope you find out what they can do for the cysts. Something to make you feel better, I hope.

Cristina- Congrats on the loss. Keep up the good work.

Susan- Sorry also to hear about M....hope things work out the way you wish them too. Man, you are not taking baby steps...you are sprinting! Good job!

Michelle- How is your sis doing now? I sure hope she is okay. ALSO...I am like you as far as being a slow loser. Seems like I work and work at it and the scales won't budge. This time I have noticed that my legs are thinner, even tho the scales aren't moving much. SO you might be losing some inches. Keep up your good eating and WATP.

Nice to see all you gals.... I am trying to be good this week after eating CAKE over the week-end. (twice) I rode 3 miles on the bike tonight and it was great...the wind in my hair, all that jazz. LOL Hope to go 4 miles by Sat. *fingers crossed*

Hi to everyone!

Mom2Gaby
05-15-2007, 12:56 PM
Good Morning,
I had a slimfast and picked up an 8 grain roll at Starbucks to eat instead of a banana. I left my water bottle at home. I think I will go to Trader Joes and get another bottle, apples and salad.

Sue - The bike riding sounds nice, must be fun.Gaby had a cupcake last night in the car.She eats the frosting and gives me the cake. I told her no, throw it out the window - I don't even want to smell it!!! lol

Michelle - Where ARE you????

Sassy - Best on your search!! I looked at an apt last night. I think I will take it - just 5 blocks from my mothers.

Katy - Where ARE you???

Cristina - Hope you are having a good day! I put M's ring back on. I had taken it off last Thursday. He is suppose to be up tomorrow and he said we can get together and talk. I know he loves me a lot - he just has his life in order and I don't know how much he is willing to change it. I don't know how much I am willing to change mine....he is worth it though! Sweetest man -:o

Jules..............yes, where ARE you???? and SusanNYC????

I better get to work. I would be happy with 2 pounds this week - 3 would be awesome. blah -blah......

FrouFrou
05-15-2007, 04:51 PM
Hiya Girlies! :D

SUSAN...I was like you at one time. I think I still have a hard time sometimes. I was married for 12 years, then single for 8 and then along comes V. I told myself I was ready for a relationship but when it happened I had a hard time dealing. I fought it in the beginning. Figured he would probably get killed or something so what was the point. I think I just didn't want to allow myself to be happy. But, yeah, I wasn't sure I wanted to change things for a man, lol. But I am glad that I did even though it was hard, and still is sometimes. I hope you and M work things out because you both deserve to be happy. :hug:

SUE...thank you!You are doing great wtih your walking and biking, keep up the good work missy! :bravo: I told V no cake for my BD...for once he listened, lol. The kids wanted it but I didn't want it because I know I would have eaten too much of it. :nono: When we went to Olive Garden I brought a slice of the lemon cake home...that was my BD cake.

SASSY...hope you guys find the perfect condo/apt. I am glad that they know it is cysts but what can they do or what will they do now?

HI MICHELLE, KATY, & SusanNYC! :wave:

Taking it easy still. Don't want to make my back worse. I do hate that I can't walk or do any exercise. :( I have managed to keep up with the laundry though, with the help of the kids & V. It totally sucks having the laundry room in the basement! Anyway...

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Mom2Gaby
05-15-2007, 05:12 PM
Hi Cristina -
Sorry about your back!! I have this little bone thingie sticking up on my wrist - a bone out of place?? It hurts when I stretch my arm out in front of me.
Not sure what I was thinking. M just happened along. I usually wasn't getting past 2nd dates and he kind of sneaked by,,,,lol He was so sweet when we met. He came into my mom's place and I was sitting in a chair - he kneeled down and gazed at me. I said "don't you want to sit down??" and he said no.....he just wanted to look at me for a minute- he said I was beautful. Awwww......so, ya,,,,,he just happened.....and I missssssss him sooooooo much. It has been 2 weeks!!

I had salad for lunch and 4 ropes of red vines - trying to drink my first 33 ozs - going slow.

Just a day to be outside!!!

Sassy_Chick
05-16-2007, 03:50 AM
Hi Ya Ladies. :wave:

Okay sorry this isn't about weightloss or exercise.......but I figured you all could give me some helpful advice........

Well we went out today looking at apts. We found a great one, it is close to work and the in-laws and it is totally awesome! Its next too a lake that has duck and geese on it (will drive our cat absolutely insane IF we get it), a nature trail :D, the apt. is HUGE with loads of closet space, a garden tub........aw girls its just dreamy...............

So we are just waiting for the results of our credit.........We have been working really hard, but have had some slow pays, but DH has paid off a lot of them already...........Well I think we'll be okay. Today, yesterday, lol, we got an offer in the mail by a legitimate bank offering to refinance our new car that we bought 6 months ago. They are offering a much, much, much lower interest rate, so we are going to try for it. But I don't think a decent bank would give us an offer like that unless we are making progress, right? They even said in the letter since we have worked so hard they want to help us......

I know we get all kinds of junk mail, but this isn't one of those from Bob's Bank, this is a legitimate one. I mean yeah we are going to read everything of course and be absolutely sure.........But well, it gives me some hope.

But then again it makes me wonder. Are we doing the right thing by moving into a more expensive apt? Even though it is much closer to work and the in-laws and stuff we like to do? We just are sooooo tired of living in this "crap-box". I dunno I'm just a major worry wort...............We almost moved about a year ago and we backed out, for the same reason, worrying. We wanted to wait and see what was happening with our jobs. Well now we know we have job security, our depts are expanding. UGH why do I do this to myself.............:dizzy:

Any advice girls? What would you do? I'm open to ideas and input.

Here is the situation at hand:

We currently live in a small 2 bedroom upstairs apt and pay out the WAZOO for ultilities. (yes we have already checked w/ the utility co. everything is considered normal, nothing wrong) Infact my in-laws and our co-worker who both have 3 bedroom homes w/ basements pay LESS than we do on their utilities. WE have been here for 2.5 years and we (in my opinion) have the crappiest apt. We have been the best tenants as we have always paid our rent on time, never make any noise, and infact were in the last monthly newsletter as the best residents of this community. DH does computer work for the office and they screwed him out of his pay last time he did work for them. Usually they give him much more $$ and this time he did a lot more work and they gave him less. When he asked, they said no they always gave him this rate. No they haven't. Then if that wasn't enough, they are raising our rent, only $20 more a month, but its just the principal of it all. Why are we busting our buns helping them out again? We have been waiting and waiting on things to get done in this apt.

Ok now the new place is a 2 bedroom + a den, loads of closet space (what we are lacking here), much newer appliances, its closer to work & the inlaws, its also a gated community so not just anybody can come in, and I just love it there. It is so nice, so unlike living here. Its like comparing a palace to a one room shack. But the new place is a bit more expensive. We pay $606 here, there we would be paying $959 + $70 for a garage for storage (that is on site). We also pay $50 now for a storage unit that is 1/2 the size of the garage we'd be getting there. The new place is newer and updated.

So there is my quandary. So any advice? WWYD???

Well anyways, we will see what happens...............

Have a Great One!

FrouFrou
05-16-2007, 03:25 PM
Hi Ladies...

SUSAN...sounds like you are in love big time missy! I think it is when we least expect something to happen, it happens. Sometimes there has to be compromise too in order for it to work. I do hope things work out for the best with you and M. He seems like a good man and you guys a good couple. :hug: :hug: :hug:

SASSY...ha, I think what I just said to Susan applies here as well. There is a reason you guys are looking for a better place and if you think you can make the payment I would say go for it! You only live once! In the long run you will be happier in a new place and being close to your in-laws. About the refinancing of your car...I would definitely check that out completely before doing anything. There could be upfront fees to pay and maybe even a longer loan. Also, remember that everytime your credit takes a hit (someone checking it) you drop a point. And yes, decent banks will make/send all kinds of offers. Sometimes they just get a mailing list I think and send to anyone and everyone. Just be careful there. But hey, what do I know, lol!

HI to everyone else:wave:

Nothing much going on. Had some errands to run...went to Bed, Bath & Beyond and pick up some Wedding Day scented candles. It's almost the only place that has any left and when they are gone, they are gone. Didn't find any placemats that I liked so went to Target. Decided on some plain black ones...looks nice on the new table and with the black in the valances. Felt good to get out and walk a little. May be doing the yard sale Saturday after all...feeling much better, just need to be careful. I figure Monday I will be able to get back to my walking and exercise, woohoo! Anywho...that's about all I have.

Have a good day ladies!

Sassy_Chick
05-16-2007, 05:13 PM
Thanks.......

Well we aren't taking it. Two reasons really. We discussed it last night and decided it was silly to move from one apt. to another, even if the other is a lot better. But its a HUGE jump from what we are paying here, so we wanted to wait a bit and maybe save some money. We know we could afford it, but we decided to "tough it out" here and save some money so in 6 months - 1 yr. Instead of an apt or a Condo we could buy a house. Plus we still aren't 100% sure what is going on with fil, so we kinda want to wait and here we don't have a lease, so we can leave whenever we want, we just have to give them 30 day notice. Where if we got the new place, we'd be tied into a year's lease.

Also I'm glad we aren't going there either as they had false information about my husband on his background check, some things showed up that was not true. My husband called the County Sheriff's Dept and they have nothing on him. So he called the apt. place back and told them and asked where they got the info, at first he said they didn't want to give him the info, but when he said he spoke with the county sheriff, then they did. They got it from a credit reporting company? Which I don't see how they got that type of info from them, but DH says that they probably did a web search and my DH's name is a common one, there are lots of people by his name.

Anyways, we aren't moving and we got the deposit $$ back that we put down. So no big deal. I just told DH last night that I feel stupid for even going through with it yesterday, but he said, well at least we backed out before we were into a lease, etc. We just had this feeling that it wasn't the right thing to do lastnight and after all of that crap, I think we did the right thing by getting out of it.

Yeah I know we need to look into the refinancing very carefully, but if its legit, it would save us a ton of money on the interest we are paying an extremely high one right now. So we will of course look into all the "ins and outs" and the "small writing", etc. before just doing it. But this is one of the top banks in the world and I have never gotten a thing from them before. If we get anything like that its usually from something that we've never heard of. Not saying that it couldn't be a scam, we will check it out completely first. I just thought it was nice to be noticed for all the hard work we have been doing on our credit is all. We've been really busting our buns on it.

Well guess that is all I have to say, so thanks for the advice, but we already made up our minds about the new apt. We're NOT taking it. Staying here and saving money for a house instead.
Take Care,

Mom2Gaby
05-16-2007, 06:11 PM
Afternoon!

Had my usual slim fast w/ oatmeal this morning - it was good. Munched on a mid morning apple and the greek salad w/ albacore tuna on it. Plus bought some pretzel nuggest and had 8 - which is 110 calories.

You make a lot of sense not taking the apt Sassy. I still need to put my application in for the one I was thinking about. Kind of scared to live on my own again...lol - bills and such. Nice not to have to pay rent where I am at....

Cristina - I think I do have it bad for M. He just dropped by and we went to Subway for his lunch. I hadn't seen him in 2 weeks and he looked so handsome. Couldn't take my eyes off him as he talked. He'll be back up Saturday for his weekend class. awww, I love him. He is the best.

k- back to work! Oh, my bone thingie is some sort of cyst. It is fluid from the bone. Gaig something....cyst....anyway - at least it isn' a bone out of place.

Sassy_Chick
05-16-2007, 10:27 PM
Afternoon!

Had my usual slim fast w/ oatmeal this morning - it was good. Munched on a mid morning apple and the greek salad w/ albacore tuna on it. Plus bought some pretzel nuggest and had 8 - which is 110 calories.

You make a lot of sense not taking the apt Sassy. I still need to put my application in for the one I was thinking about. Kind of scared to live on my own again...lol - bills and such. Nice not to have to pay rent where I am at....

Cristina - I think I do have it bad for M. He just dropped by and we went to Subway for his lunch. I hadn't seen him in 2 weeks and he looked so handsome. Couldn't take my eyes off him as he talked. He'll be back up Saturday for his weekend class. awww, I love him. He is the best.

k- back to work! Oh, my bone thingie is some sort of cyst. It is fluid from the bone. Gaig something....cyst....anyway - at least it isn' a bone out of place.

I hear ya. Its always scary when your changing something, esp. a move like that. I wish you all the best. I feel a lot better now. I know we made the right decision in waiting.

Mom2Gaby
05-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Good Morning again! I totally hate change Sassy!! lol. - I do. I would love to really move back to the coast and be a beach bum. In and out of traffic all the time is exhausting - not a city girl at all. It will be nice for me and Gaby to get our own place again.

My eyes are kind of dried out - my contact is annoying me today. waaah - waaaah.

Breakfast was slimfast/oatmeal and a mid size banana. I feel pretty good - it doesn't scare me as much to look in the mirror - even though it is only a 7 pound loss - I can see the Skinny Susan fighting to get out!! lol My skirts are screaming for me to wear them again and shoes at Freddies are calling me to come and buy a decent pair of shoes to walk in. ok,ok.....I will get my butt in gear.

Haven't started on my water yet.

Michelle - miss you! Thinking of you and your sister - hope you both are ok?

Like the FrouFrou Cristina! Cute. :)

better get to work! chat later

Mom2Gaby
05-17-2007, 02:24 PM
Dear Me,
Yes, I am back. I finished my first 33 oz bottle of water. My eye is still bothering me, the maintenance man came in and is in his usual grumpy mood. I am thinking of lunch. Thinking of Jules who sends me emails but doesn't post here!! Miss you Jules. Miss Katy too and went to her MsPicky blog to read up what was happening in her life. lol........stalking you all.

k- going to the loo and up to see a vacant unit.....I shall contain my excitement.

later - :D

FrouFrou
05-17-2007, 03:50 PM
Hello ladies, and a Happy Thursday to you!

SASSY...well, ya gotta do what is best for you and your family. Sounds like you guys have a plan with saving and buying a house...good deal! Reputable banks screw people just as well as others. Not saying that that bank will, just saying that because it is a bank that's been around for years doesn't mean they don't screw people. I know you guys know what you are doing though. And hey, I am all for saving moola! :) How is your FIL doing by the way? Your MIL too? Did she ever go to the doc?

SUSAN...hey, I think you and M are made for each other! :love: Hey, if you move down to the beach can I come? I want to be a beach bum too! gotta lose some weight first so I can wear lots of cute shorts and such, lol. Glad it's not a bone out of place. No what about your throat and the gallstones? Have you heard from the doc about what he is going to do? The FrouFrou...just like the way it sounds. Don't like using my name for my username. I thought it was kind of random so sounded good to me...it is a band, that's where I got it from, lol.

HIYA JULES, MICHELLE, KATY, & SusanNYC! :wave:

Did the wally world thing this morning. Feeling really tired for some reason, sleepy actually. Since my back went out I have not slept good at all. Other than that not much going on. Headed to Sams later to pick up lots of water and other necessities. I have got to get things ready for a yard sale Saturday, ugh. I hate having a yard sale. But have some things we need to get rid of instead of carrying them around every time we move, what a pain. Can't wait to get back on track with my walking. Anywhoo...

Take care ladies, and I hope everyone is having a TERRIFIC Thursday! :hug: :hug:

RosieKate
05-17-2007, 04:38 PM
Yay - someone is reading my blog! Hee hee. Susan - I am here, but just running around crazy. Lost .30 lbs this week. Need to go over to PEA and do a blog post (my weekly Thursday check in)

Been working hard to sit down for every meal and snack. Harder than it looks - yeesh - I didn't realize how much eating on the move I was doing.

DD goes to kindergarten open house today - she is so excited to see her classroom and meet her teacher. I think she wants to go to kindy right now - heck with summer.

Hope you all are well - I quickly read thru some posts.
Sassy - sounds like you did the right thing. We scrimped and saved to get into this house and have never regretted it.

Susan - hope things work out with M - he sounds like a really great guy.

Christina - is your back feeling better? Is that old news? I have been doing water aerobics and yoga this week and it's amazing how much better my back and knee are feeling

Hi to everyone else!

Mom2Gaby
05-17-2007, 04:56 PM
Yes, I was reading about your goal to sit with every meal Katy. I notice myself standing at the kitchen sink. Like standing will just force the Food out the other end - and if you sit it will get stuck inside of you. lol It is nice to see you post! and Congrats on the .03 loss!!!!

Open House Kindy??? Dang.....I really need to figure where I am moving too! Gaby is going to miss out on all the fun!

I will start walking too Cristina. I need to go to the store and pick me up those New balance shoes that you and Michelle were talking about.

M is a sweetie. He is also a workalcoholic. He says he is just being responsibile but most weekends he has worked. I kind of get the feeling it is why some of his relationships have ended. He has been good to me. Yesterday he had me stand in line with him while he ordered his subway and he held my hand. When we sat down he caressed my arm.........*sigh. Now I just miss him the ady after but my mom said don't put him ahead of myself.....so, I won't pressure him to see him more. Just let him be.....

Lunch was a greek salad with salmon, it was yummy! I love the feta - had to look and make sure it was a reduced fat one - it tasted so good. Gobbled down 2 gala apples and now drinking my second 33 oz water.

It is allllllllll about me!!:encore: :encore: :encore:

Michelle
05-17-2007, 06:08 PM
changed my mind, just very down right now.

Sassy_Chick
05-18-2007, 02:30 AM
Thanks All. :hug:

FIL is doing pretty good actually. His last test results came back ok so as long as it stays that way, he will be able to go back to work next week and he said he is ready as he is extremely bored at home and MIL is getting on his nerves! lol. MIL I think went to the dr, but I didn't hear anything about it. I think it was probably due a lot to all the stress from FIL being in the hospital, etc. ;)

Have a Great Day!

Mom2Gaby
05-18-2007, 01:22 PM
Good Morning All -
Thank goodness it is Friday! I need some days off from work. Weekends though are more difficult with eating. I am not really on a scheduled and it is soooooo much easier to find myself munching on food that I had no intention eating...........until after I ate it! Big Oops.
So, I think I will sit down and write up a schedule of activities and a menu before hand. See if that works - can't hurt!!
I plan on taking Gaby to get her picture taken in the morning and she will go with her father after noon time. Otherwise I have no plans.....M is up for his class - don't know if we will see each other.
Becky is getting ready for her promotion and I need to help her find a dress. Rach has a summer job! She is also 214 pounds, she has gained 50 in a year. She is very discouraged about this - and refuses to go to school. Her doctor is going to put her on a diet and she has a membership to the community center - I would like to see her swim - I think that is a wonderful form of exercise.

k- breakfast was slimfast/ banana and oatmeal.

Weigh In is Monday!!!:goodscale :goodscale :goodscale Can't wait......

Chat later!!

FrouFrou
05-18-2007, 05:06 PM
Hello ladies...

Busy morning...

SUSAN...hugs to Rachel. :hug: :hug: Maybe you guys can help each other. You should print out your article from the paper (the one you sent me) and let her use it/you as inspiration to lose weight. You have come a long way baby! ;) M sounds like such a sweetie.

KATY...wow, can't believe little Leigh is going to be in kindergarten! Where has the time gone. Back is much better, I think. I'm hoping I didn't mess up by doing some gardening this morning, lol.

SASSY...well, I am glad to hear both MIL & FIL are well.

MICHELLE...sorry you are feeling down, wish there was something we could do for you. :hug: :hug: We are here for ya when you want to talk.

A little late getting on the computer today, and not much time to post. But, hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Chat with ya tomorrow :wave:

Mom2Gaby
05-18-2007, 05:28 PM
omg, lets talk about M!:o :dizzy: :lucky: :val2: Yes, he is a sweetie. He had left a message this morning on my work phone saying to call him. I might in a bit - letting him wait. Otherwise he might think I have no life - lol He is just like -- ummm, really wonderful. I was going to say yummy but that sounds lame. I am not that goo goo over him.

Rach is stubborn. She wants to lose wieght while eating candy bars and watching MTV all day. Her father has gone out and bought her salad fixings and even some diet pills. Which I wasn't happy about - the pills, I mean. She did go to the doctor and they are running some blood test because we do have thyroid (sp???) problems that run on my side of the family.

anyway - ate lunch and TRYING to drink this water! What a bother....

Have a wonderful weekend too Cristina!

jules1216
05-18-2007, 07:55 PM
Hi all, sorry I haven't been posting though I have been lurking....

Lots going on. Reader's Digest Condensed version is work still sucks and keeps me busy, I have been having problems with my allergies of course since it is spring, I ended up with the flu and had no voice for two days, DH and I are trying to work through our problems to salvage our 21 year old relationship, my niece and her little Blair are doing well, Little Henry Joseph arrived on Thursday, 8 lbs, 4 oz, 21 1/2 inches long looking like a carbon copy of his Daddy with the exception of a head full of jet black hair (will be a heartbreaker with the black hair and his Daddy's green eyes), DS and his gf are having problems which is breaking my heart, DD broke up with the bf who was going to be a cop--too controlling and violent, she met a new guy who has a three year old who calls her TeriBeri and will soon have a little sibling since DD is now pregnant--went to the first appt today and heard the heart beat and got an ultrasound picture the tentative due date is Dec 28, she goes for the sonogram to get a better idea of the date next month--she can't remember her last period date, all we know is that on March 19, the hospital did a pregnancy test when she had the stone to rule out an etopic pregnancy and she definitely was not pregnant then.

Well, I will try to keep up better!!

Sassy_Chick
05-18-2007, 10:10 PM
Hi Ya Jules! :wave:

Wow sounds like you've been very busy! Big :hug: as well.

Hi to everybody else out there! :wave: I hope you all are doing well and have a Great Weekend!

jules1216
05-19-2007, 11:22 AM
Sassy-Thanks for the hugs--it's been stressful to say the least.

I hope I didn't scare everyone off with my problems--it's why I haven't been posting--kind of depressing.

Sassy_Chick
05-19-2007, 05:39 PM
Extra :hug: Jules and no you didn't scare anybody off with your problems......That is why we are here, to support one another and to be there in the good times and the bad. I hope things get better for you soon. If you ever want to talk, please feel free to PM me or email me. (I think you have my email? If not just PM me and I'll give it to ya!) ;)

:wave: to everybody out there, I hope you having a Great Saturday! :D

Mom2Gaby
05-19-2007, 05:41 PM
Hugs to Jules & Michelle - I hope you both are having a good Saturday.
I am glad you posted Jules, I was missing you!!:hug: :hug: :hug:

I am at the library and this couple is yakking up a storm next to me. Annoys me,,,,I mean it IS the library! Shhhhhhhhh.

I am having a good day. Gabrielle went to her fathers and I am free to go to the mall! I bought 2 greek salads for the weekend and my mother ate some of my feta off 1 of the salads. I almost went ballestic (sp) I bought those especially for me!!!
Anyway - I didn't kill her or anything - I am just going to have to make a trip to Trader Joes for a salad tomorrow.

I am wearing a pick tee shirt that was tight 3 weeks ago! yay.....

k- hugs to you all!! Weigh In Monday!!!

RosieKate
05-19-2007, 10:48 PM
Hi everyone!

Jules - Whew! Here's some :hug: from me...hang in there.

Michelle -hope you are feeling better; I've been thinking about you this weekend and hoping all is well with you.

Sassy - Glad your FIL is doing better. I know I'm a day late and a dollar short, but, imo, you and your DH did the right thing about the apartment. OR did I post that already - I'm so behind!

FrouFrou - love the new nickname, Cristina! Kind of reminds me of a little french poodle....I've been out in the garden as well - amazing how much exercise that is. It never really seems like much until the next day and i'm sore all over!

Susan- did you get to see M this weekend? How's apartment hunting going? Would love to see Gaby in Leigh's school, you know - wouldn't that be fun? All this talk about greek salads has me salivating - gonna have to get me one of those.

I went to aerobics this morning, then took the kids to the zoo and walked around there for 3 hours. I also had a bacon cheeseburger :( from Burgerville, sitting down, I might add :dizzy: I think I may have burned it off, but I feel pretty stuffed anyway. My other meals today have been real light. I will eat better tomorrow! I will!

Enjoyt the rest of the weekend, ladies!

Sassy_Chick
05-20-2007, 04:19 AM
Hi everyone!

Sassy - Glad your FIL is doing better. I know I'm a day late and a dollar short, but, imo, you and your DH did the right thing about the apartment. OR did I post that already - I'm so behind!

I went to aerobics this morning, then took the kids to the zoo and walked around there for 3 hours. I also had a bacon cheeseburger :( from Burgerville, sitting down, I might add :dizzy: I think I may have burned it off, but I feel pretty stuffed anyway. My other meals today have been real light. I will eat better tomorrow! I will!

Enjoyt the rest of the weekend, ladies!

Hey Katy -- TY and no prob. I think we did the right thing too. I know we are not very happy with where we are now, but its extremely affordable and we can save a lot of money by staying put.

Congrats on the aerobics! :carrot: We are going to take my mom when she comes up to visit this coming week to the zoo for the zoo babies........I think one burger is okay, esp since all your exercise you did! :D

RosieKate
05-20-2007, 10:20 AM
Thanks, Sassy

One burger was ok - just got on the scale and it wasn't "Once on the lips, forever on the hips" Guess all the activity yesterday was a good thing, lol I am sore from all the weight work in the aerobics class.

We used to live in a crappy apartment when we moved to this side of town. We lived there for 6 years and sometimes I wondered why we stuck it out, but it was cheap and a good location for us. Let's face it, it costs $$ to move,and we just couldn't afford to do that. We did finally find our little duplex and moved there, where we stayed until we bought our house. So you just hang in there,Sassy....pretty soon you'll be able to buy a house and you can spend years living in a perpetual state of remodeling, just like us!

Today is church, then I'll go to cardio salsa. I may do some grocery shopping and get some buttons for my latest sweater. It's done, but it may be too warm to wear it much. ti-MING. My knitting timing could use a tune-up. The latest knitting project is a lace tank top - now that's more like it.

Hope you all have a great Sunday

jules1216
05-20-2007, 12:42 PM
Thanks all for the hugs--I just need to make myself let them the kids make their own decision and live with them. DH and I did go on a bike ride yesterday it was really nice.

Katy--I don't think one bacon cheesburger once in a while will hurt anything. The lace tank top sounds pretty!!

Sassy--I am glad your fil is doing better. The zoo for zoo babies sounds fun!!

SuzyQ--I have the tendency to get a little withdrawn when too many things are going wrong and keep everything in. I just need to come here and accept the support from all of you!! M still sounds like a sweetie. Sorry Rach is having problems. I bought some feta cheese, some green leaf lettuce, cherry tomatoes and olives to put in a wrap for lunch at work on Monday. Hubby hates feta cheese so I don't have to worry, but if I get the little round Babybel cheese he eats those up!!

Cristina--I love the FrouFrou too!!

Michelle & SusanNYC--hi to you both!!

Well I got clothes to wash and grass to mow!!

Sassy_Chick
05-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Hi Ladies. :wave:

YW Rosy and Jules. :hug:

Rosy -- You are right, I just need to think of the positive, that we are saving lots of $$ towards our home that we can buy in the future. DH said that since we are not moving we could possibly save up and buy a new couch or something, maybe try making the best out of the "crappy apt." lol.
Hope you had fun today!

Jules -- TY. We are glad too. Its tough to see your loved ones sick. Big :hug:

Hi to all of you out there! :wave:

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday Evening!

Mom2Gaby
05-20-2007, 06:57 PM
Good Afternoon!
It is 2pm and I am starving! Headed for my grrek salad as soon as I hit the send button.
I woke up at 8:30 and made some oatmeal along with a slimfast.
Went back to bed and slept until 11:50. Was suppose to meet my brothers and sisters up at my fathers gravesite - it will be a year tomorrow that he passed away. So I rushed to get ready and went to pick up one of my sisters. Who needed to buy flowers , so I stopped at Freddies for her.
Anway - it is raining today and we all got rained on but it was nice to all be together and all the flowers were beautiful.
So, now I am headed home to eat!!!
I did see M last night. He came and we went out. I watched him eat a awesome hamburger at The Bomber. He had to go put some hours in at the office and write a presentation for his class to give today in class. So, I didn't bother to offer to go down to Salem with him.
My mom and I watch The Queen and I slept with Momo, the cat. lol
Still looking Katy! It would be nice to go to that school too. We'll see.
How is your Kaiser study going????

Love feta Jules :) hi Sassy :) and Cristina :) and where is our SusanNYC?? and Sue?? :)

better get - hungry!! and don't forget weigh in!!!

FrouFrou
05-20-2007, 07:04 PM
Hello ladies...

Wow, Susan! I can't believe that a year has come and gone already. Glad you and your family spent the anniversary of your dads passing together, it sounded really nice.

Hugs to you Jules!

Hi Sassy, Michelle & Katy! :wave:

Been outdoors enjoying the weather. It is supposed to start raining again tomorrow evening and rain thru Wednesday...last I saw on the telly anyway. Of course it changes every hour so who knows. :dunno:

Hope everyone is enjoying what's left of the weekend.

suetalks
05-20-2007, 11:11 PM
Quick "hi" to all....Gotta go watch my shows.
I will WI tomorrow, but I know I will be mad at myself!!

Keep up the good work Susan. We were supposed to get that rain tonight too Cristina....but I couldn't wait, I watered plants.

Sassy_Chick
05-20-2007, 11:52 PM
Hi Everybody :wave:

I hope you had a Great Sunday and will have Sweet Dreams.......:cloud9:

Mom2Gaby
05-21-2007, 12:23 PM
Wake up, Wake up , wake up!!! Weigh In day, yay!!

Way thrilled. I weighed this morning and lost 3 pounds last week! Total of 10 in 3 weeks - yay. So, I changed my ticker and feel good. My pants aren't digging into me any more and I am staring to feel some relief.

Need to get some morning reports out ASAP so better go. Back later!

Sassy_Chick
05-21-2007, 06:35 PM
Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know I just got back from my drs. appt. My A1C (Diabetes Test, checks my blood sugars for 3 months) is very high, so he gave me some new meds to try. My cholesterol is a tad bit high, so he is putting me on Lipitor. But my Good Cholesterol is only down one point! :carrot: I also have a Cat Scan scheduled for very early in the morning for my abdominal pain. The Ultrasound showed nothing, there were a few cysts, but he said they aren't the kind to worry about.

I did tell him about my awful exp. with the ultrasound tech and he was not happy at all about that. So I'm getting my Cat Scan done at the Hospital instead of the Clinic here in town. ;)

That is about it. Don't have much time to chit-chat, sorry. I have a lot to get done as we're going to pick my mother up tomorrow afternoon.

Ta Ta For Now!

jules1216
05-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Just wanted to pop in to say hi--I am so tired I can't hardly keep my eyes open and it's only 8:00!!

Good nite my loves!!

suetalks
05-22-2007, 12:05 AM
WI day and I didn't budge the scales. My own fault...so I will just have to shape up!!!

Hi everyone.

FrouFrou
05-22-2007, 03:25 PM
Hello ladies...

SUSAN...:woohoo: wow missy, you are doing GREAT! Has it been 3 weeks already?! Geez, where has the time gone? Anywho...WTG on the 10 pounds gone forever! :bravo:

SASSY...hope they find out what is wrong with the cat scan.

HIYA JULEScome back when you have time, we miss you.

MICHELLE...hope you are feeling better, miss you too! :hug:

SUE...I'm right there with ya on the weight. Starting to think I am meant to be at this weight, ugh! Your hard work will pay off soon, I know it will. You are doing great with your biking and walking.

SusanNYC...where are ya? Are we going to have to come and get you, lol?!

KATY...are the kids out of school there yet? Hoping all is well with you.

Busy day yesterday with yard work, ugh. Will be so glad when it is all done and we can sit back and enjoy. Of course my body feels it today so I am taking it easy. My back wasn't back where it should be and I've been pushing it a bit too far. I've been being careful, but still shouldn't have done some of the things I did until it was 100% back to normal. I did start my day off yesterday with a walk at the park...felt good to be back to walking. Not sure if I will do one today though. I was going to do an exercise tape but I think a walk on the treadmill will be easier on my back. I am really sore today. Anywho...WI is was yesterday and I am up .8, guess it is better than a whole pound, lol. We'll see what happens next WI.

Hoping all is well with you ladies. Take care and I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Mom2Gaby
05-22-2007, 03:34 PM
Thank you Cristina - 3 weeks flew by! I tried on some smaller pants today but couldn't get then up past my knees. I will try again after a few weeks.
I went to a cheerleading meeting with Becky last night. $850 to join! You can earn some of that back with car washes but still. Yikes.
I love working out in the yard Cristina. My mom has a little patch of garden - maybe if she left for the weekend I could work out there? Kind of hard to do with her watching me. lol
Hi Sassy :
Hi Sue :)
Hi Jules
Hi Katy
Hi SusanNYC!!! Where ARE YOU??
and Michelle where ARE you??? miss you all.

Haven't started on my water yet. Not in the mood :?: I will though.

k- hope you all have a good Tuesday!!!

FrouFrou
05-22-2007, 03:44 PM
You are welcome SUSAN! $850?! Yikes! It would be a great experience though. Funny about your mom, lol.

I've had so much water I feel like I am drowning...need to go get some lunch but don't feel hungry. Guess I'll have some tuna...been on a tuna kick for a while for some reason.

Mom2Gaby
05-22-2007, 04:01 PM
mmm, love tuna. I buy the Bubble Bee albacore or salmon is good.
My mother is trippy! She gets the kitties on her lap and uses a tweezer to pick the fleas off. She does this most night. So, while she is doing that I am using a finger nail clipper cutting my split ends out. One strand at a time - lol
anyway - off for lunch!
cheers!

Mom2Gaby
05-22-2007, 06:08 PM
STOP!!! Please join us on the Back In Kindergarten #25 thread!!:mag: :moped: :moped: :moped: