Support Groups - Weighty Issues #52: Let's Get Back To Sexy!!!

melekalikimaka
05-01-2007, 11:41 AM
:welcome3: to the May 2007 Weighty Issues Thread. Spring is here and more sunny summer days are ahead. We should be focusing on exercising, eating right and making the most of our sexy selves. Before you know it, summer will be upon us. Do we want to feel great and show it off? Or will we be kicking ourselves for not taking control earlier so we can enjoy the lazy days without any cares in the world? Fake it til you make it, I say. We can do this together and bring sexy back!

Hey newbies out there, need some new inspiration? We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life, spread out from the East Coast :coolsnow: to the West Coast :shocksn: and the sunny Pacific :sunny: :rain: .

We support :cheer2: :congrat: :cheer2: each other through the highs :high: and lows :( of every day life--it's not just about weight loss :goodscale , it's about LIFE :dunno: . If you have something to say :gossip: or need a shoulder to cry on :cry: , come on in, :comp:
grab a chair and stay awhile :cofdate: . You'll be glad you did.

FatToFitVirgo
05-01-2007, 11:48 AM
Hello, ladies! Happy May Day! We are all of us "Queen of the May" today!!

Thanks for the link, Mele! Damm--this site is jamming up. I type a few characters, but I don't see them; I wait 2 minutes, and then they appear.

I'll come back later to post. In the meantime: Have a great day, everyone!

melekalikimaka
05-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Good morning ladies. Well, Kai is back home and the vet says he may have some strained ligaments in his shoulder and elbow. He can't go on walks for 2 weeks and is on pain meds for now. He got to sleep in the house tonight and Chloe got to sleep on his cushy bed outside. He's just right now chewing on something near his back foot so at least now he seems able to turn his head. Yesterday at the vet he wouldn't bend his front leg and was really stiff when the vet was trying to turn his head from side to side. That could be because he's terrified when he's in their office. His gums actually turn white when he's there, once we're out the door he's back to healthy pink :lol:.

Hey Virgo, you're welcome. Thanks for crowning us all :queen:

Cal, I still can't believe it's May already! Maybe you'll have some of your current English students in your social studies class next year. Did Ashley set up her cruise countdown calendar? My sis and her daughter took a 1 week cruise around the islands here and they loved it. The ship had a really good program for kids and my niece didn't even want to go back to her room. That is good to hear about Bert that her test results came back negative, is she moving nearby you folks? I just found out that my aunt and uncle are living in Phoenix, they moved there a year or two from Guam.

Kempy, I DO yell at the kids next door if they are making too much noise and their parents don't tell them to knock it off. :lol: I'm the mean neighbor lady :lol: How far did you get on painting the kitchen?

Hey Karen, instead of walking miles, you could do workouts in the pool. Of course can't log minutes while just floating with a drink in hand, but if you swim from one side to the other a few times, those will definitely burn some calories. :D I'm sure you will enjoy the scenic view as you drive all the way over to MO. Take some pics for us, I'd love to see the way.

I gotta get ready for work and school... I'll be back later. Have a good one.

angieME
05-01-2007, 01:03 PM
Hi guys!! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Brit and Corey were supposed to be spending the night with friends this weekend and lets just say they got into some major trouble. I cant believe they keep doing stunts like this!! Parenting was so much easier when they were little.

Kempy, AWESOME POOL!!! I will bet you guys are ready for your first pool party.

Noelle, Poor Kai. That sounds alot like what Candi did to her knee except she actually pulled a peice of bone off with the ligament. I do think she is going to be needing surgery, she isnt really taht much better yet. I hope not though.

Cal, Cool that you will be switching subjects next year. That should be a nice change of pace.

Virgo, I hardly ever have problems wth this sight, Do you think it may be something to do with your computer?

Karen, Maybe each day that you and your hubby stop for the night while traveling you 2 could get in a nice long walk together. It will help you unwind and stretch your legs and help you get some of your goal in.

Well, I gotta get some work done. I will check back later.

cwneeds2lose
05-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Hi everyone. I hope this post finds everyone doing well. I went to weigh-in today and lost 1.4. :dance: now it's to keep it off and move continue to move forward.

Cal, how many days till cruise?

Virgo, thanks for naming me :queen: I think we all forget that we are all Queens, and not just for the day, but every day. To bad our husbands don't seem to remember that we're royalty. :frypan:

Noelle, how's the 50th party planning going. I planned my parent's 50th. There about 200 people attended, I did most of the planning and running around myself. Believe me, I want to do it that way. One sister acts like she works way too hard, and the other lives 3 hours away. Anyway, it was really stressful, but so worth it in the end. Their 50th was really a beautful night to remember for them.:cheers:

Angie, you would think that Brit would have learned from the first time, and that Corey would have learned from Brit's mistakes. I agree with Noelle, send them to Dips and her family and let them take care of them for a while.:kickbutt:

Hello Dips, Karen and Kemp, hope you are having a blessed day.

melekalikimaka
05-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Hey ladies, I just got an email from my niece who's stationed in AK, she sent pics of the north pole but Santa was on vacation. I wonder where he goes? Hawaii maybe? :lol:

cw, nice to hear from you again. Great job on the 1.4 loss! :high: I totally hear you on the husbands not getting it that we're always QUEEN of the house or of the universe for that matter! :lol: As for sisters.. :rolleyes: It's nice to know I'm not the only one who has one like that :lol:

Angie, I'm really hoping that Corey and Brit will settle down soon. They must be driving you nuts. Ain't payback a b*tch? :lol: Just kidding, I know you were a good girl. I'm worrying about the day when Michael gets to be into his teen years, I'm thinking about all the stuff I pulled on my parents will be coming back to bite me :eek: I forgot to ask you, how old is your dog Candi? Hope she feels better soon.

calnative
05-01-2007, 11:05 PM
Noelle: I had to comment on the pictures. We went to the Santa Clause House. Did your niece tell you which reindeer she took a pic of? We saw Comet and Blitzen when we were there. She should send you pics of the light posts there: they are candy canes.
I will have all of my same students next year...oh joy!! Ashley does have her countdown calendar and she's already started marking off the days. She told me this morning that it's 43 days, not counting today.

I'll post more later.
Cal

Karen31
05-01-2007, 11:43 PM
Hello Everybody,

Noelle, Glad to hear that Kai is back at home. I would be so scared if something like that happened to Ginger or Sissy.. Although Sissy does have bad knees and right now the vet. says as long as they don't bother her they will just let it go. If they start getting bad I can just imagine what it will run to have surgery on both knees! :(
I will definitely take pictures along the way and post them when I have an internet connection. I always try to get a good shot of the Mississippi as we are going through St. Louis. Sometimes traffic cooperates and sometimes not! And some of the places through Pennsylvania are just beautiful. I'll have the camera ready to go!! :)

Angie-- I hope Candi is doing better now. Sometimes our 4-legged kids can be just as big a worry as the 2 legged!!

You know I hadn't thought of walking the dogs on our trip as exercise but guess I should. We stop several times to walk them and let them do their business so I decided to go ahead and put an exercise goal in for May. It isn't as much as I usually do but if I get close to that before the end of May I can always up it.

Noelle, I talked to my brother today and he is still waiting on people to come out and get all the maintenance done on the pool!! :( I guess someone was supposed to be there today but never showed up and he wasn't happy. He said if they don't show up tomorrow he will check in with some other people back there. He said these other people are more expensive but if they show up that is a PLUS!!! ;) So Hopefully I can do some laps in the pool when we get there! Of course Ginger wants me to hold her the whole time I'm in the pool--- don't know what Sissy will do, they didn't have water in it last year. My brother is living there now-- he is going through a divorce so since my Dad is over at my sisters it made sense for him to stay at my Dad's through all this. His soon to be EX is a real nutcase and will try to get everything he has and then some!!!

CW-- :congrat: :bravo: on the weight loss!! I love seeing a loss on the scales and hope that it continues through this next month!!

HEY!! We have a "North Pole" here too!! It is at the base of Pikes Peak and is really a neat place to go. We took the grandkids a couple years ago and they had a blast!! It is one of my favorite places to go.

Can, Dips, Virgo and Everyone that I might have missed...hope you have had a good day.

I'll let y'all know when we leave----right now it is looking like the middle of the month. But I'll be back on here hopefully everyday 'til then to see how everyone is doing.
Take care, Karen

FatToFitVirgo
05-02-2007, 01:49 AM
Hello, ladies!

:queen: Angie, I think there is a problem with my Windows application, but the fact remains I don't have problems any other site like I do with this one. I refuse to pay money to abolish the ads, so I practically trip over them here. Literally, every time I arrive at this site--even before I log on--is the (bonk)(bonk) of two Netflix ads being stopped by my security program! I've put off calling my provider, since it's a pain in the butt to be on the phone for an hour for stuff like that--when I want to enter my info on FitDay & post here!! How was the May 1st weather "down East"? We had a great day for gardening on Sunday, then the temp dropped again Mon, then rose again today, now it's 52 degrees again!

:queen: CW, so nice to have you back! We miss you when you're not here. Congrats on the 1.4#!!!!! You go, girl!!!! Thanks for reminding us we're queens every day--that's right!:D

:queen: Cal, and :queen: Mele, what part of Alaska is the Santa Claus House found in? My nephew's in the Coast Guard in Kodiak right now. I wonder if it's anywhere near there. Of course since that state is the biggest, there is the remote possibility that Kodiak isn't anywhere near Santa's house!!! (Emphasis on remote!) I also liked seeing the fuzz on the reindeer's new antlers!

:queen: Kempy, thanks for your kind words! There's terrific southern writers, too--right now I'm finishing up reading Gone With the Wind to my husband. We gardened & were too tired this weekend for me to read/him to listen. I forget how many years ago I started; sometime in the '90's, I do believe. I hadn't read to him for maybe 2 or 3 years (maybe longer!) before we picked it up again 5-6 weeks ago. And we're finally at the last 7-8 chapters, the best part of the book! I do all the voices. It's very satisfying--I hope we can finish before the summer. I'd really like for the book to end this year! Then we can finally watch the movie together! (I've already seen it, he hasn't--but he doesn't want to spoil the book for himself, bless his heart.)

:queen: Karen, I think walking your dogs on the trip is a great idea! Everyone will need to stretch their legs, and it's a painless way to 'sneak' in that exercise! What major highway will you be taking? I'm familiar with I-80, since that's the route we take to visit our grown daughters in NY state. Boy, is Pennsylvania a long state! It's like crossing 2-3 states just by itself! (Of course, I'm using Midwestern standards. To you Westerners, this is laughable!) Look forward to hearing about your travels!

:queen: Dips'n'Twists, hope that you're just super busy, handling it all; that all is okay with you. We miss you, too! Get your beauteous self back here, girl!!

Finally, I hold all of you in good thoughts and prayers for your various situations. Whether it's children, your own (or students), parents, other relatives, pets' problems, sicknesses, or our own weaknesses--do remember the positive outwelling of good energy among us. Our health is many-dimensional, not just physical. I think our little group realizes that, which is what makes it special. I may not post every day, but I wish the best for all of us.

Ladies, let's eat right, exercise, and keep on keeping on!!!
Love to all,

:queen: Loya (but I love it when you call me Virgo!)

calnative
05-02-2007, 09:10 AM
Virgo: I just wanted to answer your question. The Santa Clause House in just outside of Fairbanks, I believe it's on the Richardson Highway.
Have to get ready for school. Have a great day everyone.

Cal

melekalikimaka
05-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Hey ladies, Happy Hump Day! I am battling a migraine from yesterday and it hurts like heck. Ain't PMS fun? :mad:

Cal, I think my niece said the reindeer she saw were Donner and Blitzen, and she sent different pictures but they all looked the same to me :lol:. She is stationed at Ft. Wainwright I think.

Virgo, just the mention of your nephew in the Coast Guard reminded me of the movie The Guardian with Ashton Kutcher and Kevin Costner :love: You know, the only book my husband will let me read to him is a "how to" guide for Poker :rolleyes:. I think it's sweet that you and your hubby read together. I would love to be able to do that, but I am a bookworm and he is definitely not.

Karen, I am crossing my fingers for the pool people to come out and get things ready for you guys. That is funny about Ginger wanting to be with you in the pool all the time.

Well, I have to get some paperwork going so I'll stop here.

Hi to all and have a great day.

angieME
05-03-2007, 09:05 AM
Hi Guys!! Oh boy this is gonna be a long one :blah: :tantrum: .... Okay I let Corey and Brit each spend the night at a friends house on Saturday night. When they are home their cufew is 7:30 but I guess the boy Corey stayed with is to be home by 10. The girl Brit was staying with I guess her dad took off and went to the bar and left them home alone. So they are all uptown with friends that night and the girl Brit was staying with decided to go into her aunts restaurant and steal some liquor so Corey went with her and another girl!!! :rollpin: Later that night while her and Brit are hanging out at a couple of 23 year old guys house they all decide to go to the same girls aunts camp on the lake to get more liquor. :no: Brit was in the car but didnt go in the camp. The girls all spent the night at the 23 year olds house!! :club:

You remember before I had Brit arrested last year that the friend she was staying with her parents were getting Brit drunk and high all summer and we didnt know until she got arrested? Well, the next day I get call from her telling me that her daughter said she spent the night at my house and that I kicked her out at 6 in the morning. :tired: By then I am so pissed. Well, the kids never gave us the whole story and it took most of the night and 3 other people to let us in on all that they did. I am so sick and tired of this!!!! :( Saturday we get to go meet with the girls aunt and uncle so they can lecture the kids. :drill: They dont want to call the cops since it is their neice but let me tell you, I think they should!! So now we get to go be embarrassed and in the same room with a ***** that let my kid do drugs with her. I can NOT see this ending well. :mad:

So the next day I catch Corey smoking in his closet... :mad: cig burns all over my carpet so he must have been doing it for a while. Brit makes it all about her and we almost had to call the cops on her since she was so out of control. :(

okay next day...8:30 in the morning the principal called and he is kicking Corey out of school for mouthing off at the sub and not cooperating. :mad: He said he has given him many chances and he is sick of it. (arent we all) so now Corey is living with his grandparents. I can not handle 2 of them. We talked to Brit's PO and he cant do anything to her since no charges were filed. Stupid since I would think staying out all night would still be breaking probation!!! So she is free on the 20th and I bet you within a days time she tells us to f off and leaves. Oh and her period is late and she refuses to take a pregnancy test. :preg:

Why are they so bad? We have tried so hard with them and I feel so lost and dont know what to do anymore. :( :( :( :dunno:

And Meanie is on the kitchen counter dying as we speak. He has gotten worse since his vet appointment and quickly. He lays in his bed and pees himself, he isnt interested in food and can barely stand up. I guess we are going to have to make the decision to put him to rest. I loved him all morning and cried on him and told him if he has to leave then it is alright to go because I dont want him to suffer for us. :cry:

Life is just great right now!!!

melekalikimaka
05-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Angie :hug: :hug: :hug: I'm sorry things are a mess right now. Hang in there, you've got your hands full. Take a step back and just breathe. I've got to make a run to the airport, but I'll be back later.

FatToFitVirgo
05-03-2007, 12:37 PM
The first thing that jumped out at me from your post were the words, "...her dad took off, went to the bar and left them home alone." I don't know just how old Brit & her friend are, but if they're underage, can't family services be called on this anus? I am sure you let her go with the understanding there was to be some adult supervision there. I have not had children of my own; my stepdaughters are grown now, living in NY state; in any event, I can only hold your hand and pray with you.

Angie, you are really in my heart right now. I will be praying for you all day. All we can do is offer you our support. Just remember these words: This, too, shall pass. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there, dear. God still loves you...and so do we.

angieME
05-04-2007, 08:50 AM
Morning. Well, I will start off with some good news today. She is NOT Pregnant!!! :cheer: (that is if she actually took the test and didnt just dip it in the sink water or something) She refuses birth control so I dont know for how long she wont be pregnant. How do you raise kids nowadays. I jumped at the opportunity for birth control when I was a teen and knew I needed it. She is so irresponsible that it is scary.

Jay is going to take Meanie down to be put to sleep this afternoon. He is doing so bad that we didnt think he would make it through the night when we went to bed. We dont want him to suffer. This one will be as hard for Jay as me because we have had so many years with him and we love him so much. Me Jay and Alicia sat around and thought of all the funny things he has done over the years.

Noelle and Virgo, thank you for your kind words. They mean alot to me. :hug:

Well, that is about it for me today. I will check back later.

melekalikimaka
05-04-2007, 01:48 PM
We had a power outage yesterday and I couldn't get online...plus it's a good thing I was home when it happened because it seems the electric company was doing the "brown-out" thing and had things running at half power--which would be fine exept my poor computer was on and was struggling to stay connected. I could smell that funky electrical burn smell like when a motor is ready to burn out. I had to unplug almost everything including my fish tank filter, the poor guys were swimming around in murky water.

Angie, that is good news about Brit not being pregnant. Have you thought about forcing her to go for a OB/GYN exam? Maybe the doc can talk some sense into her head at least in that regard, or maybe give her a depo shot :chin:? I'm so sorry about Meanie. He had a great life with you and I know he knew you loved him. :hug: As for the other parent that allowed the girls to drink, have they ever been reported before? That would infuriate me, I think if it were my child in that situation, Rick would just take things into his own hands and go settle the score on his own :boxing: I can't believe some parents, if you can call them that. :mad:

I have quite a few errands to run today, gotta get a jump on it. Have a great day everyone and TGIF!!!

cwneeds2lose
05-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Angie, I just read your posts. First off you need a cyber hug. :hug: :hug: :hug: My heart goes out to you for your precious Meanie, and also for all the heartache over Brit and Corey. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I can't believe there's nothing that her PO can do. It's too bad you can't have her imancipated, so she can realize that grass isn't so green on the outside of momma's door, or boot camp maybe.:drill: Anyway, I will keep you in prayer.

Hello to Noelle, Virgo, Cal, Kemp, Karen and Dips. Hope you are having a wonderful day.

Karen31
05-04-2007, 05:53 PM
Hello Everyone!
Well, this morning the scales weren't very nice!! I didn't lose and I didn't gain. :tantrum: I know I just have to get back in to the WATP's everyday like I was doing before! I haven't changed much in my eating so it has to be that I'm just not walking like I was. :(

Angie--- I'm sorry that you are having such a rough time right now. I know how that feels. Our son gave us such fits for about 10 years!! He was in and out of jail several times (I know wrong crowd works once but not over and over again!) We bailed him out so many times it isn't even funny. I kept a "running" talley of all we spent to get him out of trouble and right now the balance is about $7,000.00!! I don't think we will ever see that but if he shoudl ever decide that we never do anything for him I can always bring out his "BILL"!! I think that he thought the courts would just forget about him after while and he just never figured he would have to go to the alcohol classes or anger management or anything!! Well, he ended up having to go to a place called Com/cor (Community corrections) He had to live there but could go to work. He had 30 minutes to get to and from work and they did breathalyzer tests on him everytime he came back from being out. He could earm time for passes but still had to check in if he changed locations of where he was. He had to be able for them to be able to get in touch with him at all times (Not a cell phone but a land line, no answering machine) The judge told him if he saw him in his court again he would make sure that his new address would be the state prison!!! I had to get real tough with him and Tim and say that there would be no more money going to get him out of trouble anymore!! Enough was enough!! AND if he didn't straighten out and ended up in prison--- I would NOT visit him there! I just wouldn't see him with a glass between us!! And if he ended up there --- well, I guess that was his choice! Well, something along the way must have clicked-- because he got all of his classes done like he was supposed to. is now completely done with the court system and has been doing great for the last 2 years!! Knock On Wood!! So hopefully something will happen that will make your kids see that what they are doing is going to get them absolutely no where and they will straighten soon. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and know that you are not alone in this!
I'm so sorry to hear about Meanie but you know you loved him and he knows it too! I'm sure he couldn't have asked for a better home.

Virgo, Noelle, Cal, Kempyd, Dips and anybody else that I might have missed --- I hope you had a real nice day too. I'll ty to get back and chat more later.
We're going to be around here for at least another week. Karen

angieME
05-05-2007, 07:58 AM
Hi guys. Meanie passed away yesterday on my counter in his kitty bed. Me and Jay took him out so he could lay in the grass and sun one last time before he died. I pretty much get teary eyed whenever I think of him. We got him cremated so now I am going to order another kitty urn from embraceable urns. Do you remember Tinkies urn? It is a kitty laying on a rock with their name stamped into it and they paint the cat to look like your cats. They do an awesome job so I am getting one for him.

We have the meeting today with the parents and kids that broke in to the camps and restaurant today. I hope mine dont expect me to defend them because I am dont doing that.

On the bright side, I am down 3.5 more pounds this week. I actually was bloated up like 3 pounds for the first 4 days of the week. I dont know why but it left and I even had a nice loss to show.

Have a great weekend everyone. I will try to update more after the meeting.

Here is a picture of Meanie. He is the one on the left and Puddin my Ragodll girl is the one on the right.

Karen31
05-05-2007, 08:51 AM
Hi Angie,
This is just a quick note to let you know that I'm sorry to hear about Meanie. When I lost my Sheltie to cancer years ago this link was sent to me and helped me a lot. I still miss her but know that she isn't suffering anymore. I hope you get as much comfort from this site as I did. And still do. Karen

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

Dips'n'twists
05-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Hey everybody...I don't even have time to really be here but I need my girls right now :(

Angie- I am so so sorry about Brit, Cory and dear Meanie. You are an incredibly strong woman and parent and it is hard to raise kids these days. Don't give up on them, I know they have pushed you to your limits but don't lose your ground. I'm all for boot camp, you know that!

CW- Great job on the weight loss. You are doing great.

KAren- Wow, you had major parenting challenges too. Yet you still manage to come away with grace and loveliness :D

Noelle- I missed you. Your poor baby is hurt, I can't imagine anything being wrong with Niko. I haven't really prepared myself for those realities.

Virgo- Being queen sounds good to me :D I thank you your majesty.

Now fo rthe rant:

I was up til 3 am this morning finishing a group project (4 of us) which ultimately became a solo project (me) These *******s are so f*cking lazy. It is a simple project all they had to do was send me thier part (no more than 1 damn page) and I would put together the entire power point. Well NOBODY has sent me anything and the presentation is due today. And we could have had another week but these sons of B****es volunteered us to go first and now we all are going to look like idiots and I'm going to curse everyone of they're asses out. I HATE GROUP PROJECTS!!!

[Deep Breath]

Okay- I gotta make some phone calls. I'll try my hardest to check back but it's finals week so I don't know...Luv you guys!

calnative
05-05-2007, 10:11 AM
We have had some doozies as parents, but the one I spoke with on Thursday was :?: :shrug: ...words fail me. He complained because his daughter called him when school let out to tell him that there was no tutoring (never mind that a notice went home 2 weeks ago stating that Tuesday was the last day of tutoring for the year). He was yelling at me about it (I have nothing to do with tutoring) and saying that the schools can't do that because people are planning to pick people (students) up at a certain time and now he was on the road and had to turn around. I told him that his daughter should have called him earlier in the day, and he said that she's only in the 7th grade and she can't just up and call, and it was the school's responsibility to call him. If she isn't given responsibility now, when does he expect her to have it??)I kept calm and finally told him that he needed to call the principal, but he kept yelling. There were kids in my room and they could hear him. Finally, I told him that he needed to call the principal, and that I couldn't talk to him anymore. Then I hung up. After the kids left, I went to the office and told the secretaries to expect him...and I told them the story. (The principal was at an administrator's meeting). The secretary emailed me later and said that he did come in and was just screaming at them. She said she turned to look once and he screamed at her to not look at him like that. The secretaries thought he was going to come over the counter. He said that they were there to serve him and he was not there to serve them. I also called the principal Thursday night at home and told her everything...then I told Alberto that THAT is why I'm not a principal. :dizzy: She appreciated that I gave her a heads up, and she would take care of it on Friday. (We had picture day on Friday, so I didn't get a chance to talke to her yet). I did tell Alberto that that parent must be careful because he can be prohibited from coming on campus if he remains threating to staff.
It's really sad because his daughter is the sweetest kid. She always has a smile; she's friendly; never a discipline problem. One of the teachers said that the girl never listens (just that morning her homeroom teacher reminded them there was no tutoring and even wrote it on the board, so she had all day to call her dad. I did get on her about that after I hung up on her dad). I think she's learned how to tune him out, and she does it to others as well. Poor kid.

Sorry for the long post.

Angie: I'm so sorry to hear about Meanie. :hug: We've only had Tucker for 3 years and I couldn't imagine losing him. I'm also keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. It's ironic that here we hear that the type of problems you're having with Brit and Cory are found in the cities, and the kids in small towns are always pleasant and respectful. I've even known people who have moved to small towns because they don't want their kids persuaded by "bad influences". They just don't realize that kids are kids (good or bad behaviors) no matter where they live.
By the way: :carrot: :carrot: :celebrate: Congratulations on the 3.5 pounds loss!!!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cal

cwneeds2lose
05-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Dips, I hate group projects. It never fails, it's my kids that end up doing all the work. Last year my daughter had a project with two other girls. We bought all the materials, and did all the working. We spend over $75.00 on this project, that the other girls wrote the list, and decided my daughter need to purchase the items. Needless to say, the other girls didn't pay us back. I even sent the moms a copy of the receipts for all the items purchased for the project. Needless to say, they only worked about one hour each on the project, and my daughter did all the work. I never saw the money out of it, either. I was so P*ssed off, that I told the teacher that the girls didn't do any of the work. Hopefully you'll get a good grade, regardless of the lazy fools you ended up doing this project with.

Cal, I'm sorry for your grief of that parent. It's too bad parents don't really understand that you get more with honey than you do with vinager.

Hope everyone is have a beautiful day.

Karen31
05-05-2007, 05:41 PM
Hello Everyone!

Can you believe my Hummingbirds are back and it is snowing like crazy here!! I may have to crochet them some "teeny tiny" sweaters!! :D

Also I have intended to post some pictures of our house. In The picture of the outside of the house you can just barely see a part of another building--- That is Tim's 4 car garage. It is mostly storage right now and he has plans to make at least one bay a workshop. In the picture of the livinig room, where the rocker is there is now a fireplace. We put that in last year. It still needs some finishing touches but we used it like crazy this past year. We are hoping to convert it to gas this coming year..... guess we'll have to wait and see how things go now. I will post one more picture in the next post and then I won't bug you guys anymore.

Karen31
05-05-2007, 05:44 PM
Ok--- This is our master bath and I LOVE IT!!! We both fell in love with this house when we looked at it 2 years ago. Of course we didn't ever plan on Tim losing his job at this stage of the game..... BUT I'm sure that things will work out for the best--- just have to see what that will be.

Well, I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. I'll try to get back later and chat some more.
Karen

Dips'n'twists
05-05-2007, 07:48 PM
Well the saying goes "when you fail to plan, you plan to fail" So the proffesor said we had to present today and so we had to go with what we had. One of the losers in my group showed up a half hour late and begged us to let him do his part last which completely F*cked up the order because he was supposed to go first. So I went first and nailed my presentation :D I figured it would put everyone else at ease. WRONG!! Since no one else rehearsed, they all sounded like mumbling bumbling idiots. The guy who was late didn't even have his part written, he read directly from stuff he had obviously JUST printed from the library downstairs. Luckily I did the conclusion so our presentation finished halfway decent but if we were working for a corporation, we'd have been fired! I was so upset i left class early, otherwise you all would have probably seen me on the news.

[Deep breath]

Cal- I know that as a teacher you deal with jerks like that all the time. Good for you on being the bigger person and not losing your cool. People can be soinconsiderate of other people's feelings sometimes.

CW- Those parents are a**holes for not helping you. It seems that proffesors and teachers give out these assignments to see who the slackers really are because they always emerge in these situtations.

Karen- That bathroom is awesome! Just add a bed and you pretty much have my apartment :lol:

angieME
05-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Hi guys. I hope everyone had a great weekend. We had the meeting yesterday. It went okay but I would have rather not been there. :lol: It was great to go in and watch the other parents be so hypocritical since they are both drug users and drinkers. The house reaked of pot when we walked in I couldnt even believe it. :lol: They had a state senate guy who has worked in law enforcement etc. come to talk to the kids and all I could think while he was there was cant he smell the dope? :lol: :rofl:

Karen, Thank you for the link. I had actually found that a year ago when my other cat Tinky died. The poems are so sad. I am comforted to know Meanie went quick and isnt old and in pain anymore but oh boy the everyday habits that he isnt here to do will get to me for a while. Your house is beautiful. Is it a modular? Your bath is set up just like mine. Do you have a shower in the corner across from the sinks too?

Dips, Will you still get a good grade since it is obvious that you were the only one to have her **** together? I hope so. I am so impressed with how well you are doing. Too bad we couldnt all get together to go to your graduation when the time comes.

Cal, Wow that parent sounds like a nutjob. You handled yourself great. Nope the small towns have the same problems as the cities. We dont have gangs but we have a bunch of bored kids who get into trouble. The drug situation is just as grim here as in the cities I am finding out too. It seems to be getting worse as time goes on.

Kempy, Watcha doing this weekend?

Karen31
05-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Hi Angie, Glad that your meeting went OK --- I can't believe that guy who has worked in law enforcement couldn't smell that!! Maybe he just didn't want to say anything--- is he a friend of theirs?

Thanks for the compliment on our house--- Yes, it is a modular and the shower is over in the corner across from the sinks.. It also has a floor to ceiling cabinet just on the outside of the shower room next to the sink.. I love it. Just hope things straighten out and we don't have to sell and move somewhere else. I'm sure once we get back from visiting our families that we will be more focused and get something done to get jobs.

Dips, good to hear from you... Sorry you had such a hard time with your project. It just goes to show that the only thing you can count on is you can't count on anybody else!!

OK, This is MAY 6 and I just took this picture of what it is doing outside!!! Can you believe it !!!

Well, I hope everyone has had a good weekend and I'll try to get back later to chat and see what's going on. Karen

FatToFitVirgo
05-07-2007, 01:01 PM
Angie, I am so sorry for your loss of Meanie. At least you got to enjoy his company for many years. It's hard to lose that uncritical love, especially at a time when so many other aspects of your life are turbulent. Please know you remain in my thoughts and prayers. (And congratulations on the concurrent weight loss--see, something can still go right.)

calnative, I find your inner strength while under such irrational attack to be impressive and inspirational! WHAT AN ANUS THAT GUY IS!! You deservce The Nobel Patience Prize!!

cw, even though it happened some time ago, you too deserve commendation for being the mature one, when dealing with the parents who wouldn't repay you after you saved the group project. Honestly, I don't know how some people can look themselves in the eyes when at the mirror. You'd think they'd be ashamed. But you can hold your head high, my friend.

Dips, that also applies to you. I'm glad you took the high road and left those no-good loafers alone. It's thanks to you they'll even get a passing grade. Just think of it (for yourself) as building character. You know you can hold the fort when it's under attack. Once everyone's out of college and in the real world, those kids'll get smooshed like flies because they never learned how to pull their own weight. Living well is the best revenge--and you don't even have to waste your psychic energy on punishing them, since they'll do it to their very own selves.

Karen, that piece on the rainbow bridge made me cry. Next month, we'll have had our little cat for a year & a half. She's a 7 year old rescue kitty who had been mistreated in her early life. She's still threatened when anyone visits, but she's turned into a real trusting sweetheart with us. Yeah, I can still cry thinking about pets no longer with us. Good video. And I hope things will work out well for you & Tim.

kempyd, how's the pool situation coming along? How's the weather been down there? It's finally spring here, but it's cool. That cold snap we had a couple weeks ago was not kind to the shrubs and other plants who thought it was safe to come out--but it wasn't. Still, trees and tulips are blooming everywhere, and it is quite lovely. Hope it's lovely there, too.

mele, my husband tells me the electric company doesn't do brownouts as an alternative to blackouts. Rather, it's in the way the major electric grids re-align the current when a part of it fails. As you noticed, it's very hard on all the appliances. He's had me go around the house turning off anything I knew was on whenever we had one. That's a tip, by the way, ladies--during a blackout, everything is obviously off. During a brownout, there's still a little current going through the wires. Since our appliances were made for a specific amount of current, anything less is actually harmful to the appliances, and could possibly even cause a fire. So if you see your normally bright lights down low as if they were on dimmers but they're not!, then turn them off, and unplug your TV, stereo, and other appliances.

Okay, ladies, let's keep on keeping on!! How does one do that li'l cheerleader for "10 pounds lost!"? I just changed my numbers! YAY!!

Dips'n'twists
05-07-2007, 11:41 PM
Whew, ya girl is going BANANAS :dizzy: as this semester winds down. Two more weeks to go, somebody pray for me:stress: And just when I thought I had just enogh on my plate before going postal I Get called for jury duty:judge: DAMMIT!! So to try to unwind with a special visit from the boyfriend and he gets a little too excited if ya know what I mean ;) so needless to say instead of releaving stress, he just added to it (men) :rolleyes:

Anyways I just needed to check in with u guys.

Virgo- what great advise you give. I think you're right about those other kids
thier laziness will come back to bite them in the ***.

Angie- that would be so cool if we could all get together for any reason.

Karen- I hope you get summer some time soon :(

melekalikimaka
05-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Hello ladies... my computer at home decided that it no longer wants to work for me so I no longer have internet at home until we get a new computer. I am holding off for now until I get part of my tax return. So for now, I am only online while at work. I didn't come into the office yesterday either so I was having withdrawals over the weekend. :lol:

Well, I went to my WI on Saturday and was UP 2lbs... it was TOM and I wasn't journaling so I'm just taking that one in stride. 2 steps forward, 3 steps back :rolleyes:. Oh well, it isn't the end of the world. We went bowling for my niece's 10th b-day party on Saturday and it was a blast! I never knew it could be so much fun. I want to go again maybe this weekend.

Angie, may Meanie RIP, he was such a beautiful cat. Congrats on your 3+ lbs loss. You are totally rockin' it girl! That is crazy about the senate guy and the scent of dope. Maybe he's used to the smell? :lol: So did any of what he said make a difference to the kids?

cw, again, I can't believe some parents! :rolleyes: I hope your daughter got the good grade and that the teacher failed the other lazy student.

Dips, I will send you a PM. I'm praying for you girl, hopefully your next 2 weeks go more smoothly. Sorry it sucks to have done all the work on the project, hope the instructor can see that you did more than your fair share and grade you accordingly.

Karen, your house is beautiful and the setting around it is awesome. It's still snowing??? :shocksn:

Virgo, thanks for the info on the electronics. Have you figured out the cheerleader emoticons? The cheerleader can be found in the "smilies" list on the right side of the page. Or if you just type in a colon like this : and type the word cheer2 and another colon without any spaces in between, the cheerleader should come out like this :cheer2:. There's another cheerleader that looks like this as well :cheer: You can use these smilies in your signature line or on your regular posts.

Cal, you were awesome handling that psycho parent. I don't think I would've handled it as diplomatically :rollpin:.

OK Kempy, are you swamped with work or is your pool done and you're too busy enjoying it that you can't stop in? :D Hope everything's good with you.

Anyway, I've got to get a jump on some work, ya think? :lol: Have a good one.

angieME
05-09-2007, 09:42 AM
Hi guys!!! We tried to get Brit on birth control but she made it clear that she doesnt want it to the docs and they cant force her. He even called me after hours to apologize and let us know that he thinks we are good parents for trying. So how much do you want to bet we are grandparents within the next year?

Karen, I would hope he knew what the smell was but he probably felt uncomfortable pointing it out. :lol: I am not sure if he is friends of theirs. I think he probably eats in their restaurant alot so that is how he knows them. Cool, we have the same floorplan for the bathroom. :lol: How late into the year do you guys usually get flurries?

Virgo, Thank you for your concern with Meanie. We got a call from the vets last night to tell us Meanie is all cremated. We are going to pick him up today. This week I will be ordering his urn. This week has definately been weird to not see him doing the same things he had done for 15 years. CONGRATS ON YOUR 10 POUND LOSS!!!!!! :cheer2:

Dips, Sorry life is hectic right now. Just think thopugh soon summer will be here. :cheer:

Noelle, You will get those 2 pounds off as soon as you start I bet. You are my inspiration because we both seem to go up and down but we never give up hope that it can be done for good. Sorry about your computer. I hope you get a new one soon.

Are any of you doing anything exciting for Mothers Day?

angieME
05-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Where is everybody today?

FatToFitVirgo
05-10-2007, 12:32 AM
Today we had a 40th HS reunion committee meeting. It's coming up REAL fast--June 23rd will be here before we know it! I had to type up notes from our decorating committee meeting last month, to be able to present them today. We've all started to call folks who haven't sent in their money yet. We requested $$ by June 1st. We contracted with the hall for 125; so far only 31 have actually been paid for. Our treasurer is extremely nervous! So we've been calling old friends to encourage them to attend. I think we'll be okay, but we really have to get on the phone & 'beat the bushes' to get the roster filled.

The woman who's spearheaded this whole project was at her prettiest and most popular back then. The rest of us remember our HS experience warmly, but I think it means way more to her than it does to the rest of us. However, she's terminally ill--I won't even go into all the health problems she's had and has. She picked the date sometime last year, without consulting anyone--just submitted an ad in the alumni paper saying it was "going to be June 23, 2007, so mark your calendars!", then gave her name and phone number. Our 20th & 30th reunions were in the fall; we think she selected this earlier date based on when she thought she would still be feeling well enough to have a good time. Given a choice, the rest of us would have opted for the fall. But since she went ahead, here we go!

To a person we have admitted privately to one another we're doing it for her. Since we don't have as much time as we'd like, we have to work harder to get this done.

So between now and then, I'll be posting less as it gets more demanding of my time. Just letting you know what's going on!

angieME
05-10-2007, 01:29 PM
Hi Virgo!!! Have fun planning your reunion. I hope you have fun!

Where the heck is everyone????

It is soooo nice out here this week. Right now it is close to 90 and beautiful. It would be nice if we had the airconditioner set up. :lol: All of the leaves are opening up on the trees and I LOVE it!!! We will probably open the pool next week just to be able to look at it. The water will still need to warm up some before we can actually swim in it though. :lol:

Karen31
05-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Hi Everybody,
Gosh it has been a busy two days!! I've been trying to get things all ready and I "THINK" we are hoping to leave on Sunday for our vacation. There is supposed to be some severe thunderstorms coming in on Monday and if we can stay ahead of them that would be great!! If we don't finish getting the 5th wheel all ready and water tanks checked for leaks and filled in time to leave on Sunday then it looks like we will probably not be leaving until after the bad weather is passed.

Thanks to all of you for the compliments on our house. We really like it and I know after being gone from it for about a month we will be anxious to get back home.

It sounds like everybody is having really nice warm weather now. We are finally up in the mid 60's and 70's now so that makes me happy!!

We went and picked up a few things at the store this morning for snacks while we are traveling and I think I have just about everything we are going to need. But of course we always forget something.

I will try to get on the internet every time I have a connection so I can see how everyone is doing. I will have my laptop with me. So if you dont' hear from me everyday you know we are somewhere where I can't get service. Most of the state parks now are preparing to put in internet but not all. I'll post pictures along the way too.

I hope everyone has a great day and I'll try to get back on later today and see what is going on.
Take care. Karen

melekalikimaka
05-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Hey ladies, it is crazy over here. I've had family from both sides passing through town on their way to the mainland or to Guam, and my parents are leaving for CA tonight for a baptism. I can't wait til everyone is out of the house and I can have some peace and quiet. I haven't been into the office as much as I should and I don't have the computer at home, so things have been a drag. To top it off, Chloe has figured out a way to scale the wall up to the front yard from the downstairs. We have had to tie her up and she still manages to slip her collar :rolleyes:. No wonder the people who previously owned her didn't bother looking for her, she probably escaped from them a few dozen times. We've taken to calling her Clo-dini, like Houdini :lol:

Virgo, good luck on your reunion planning. I know you and your committee will put something great together.

Karen, I'm crossing my fingers that your 5th wheel checks out all systems go so you can beat that storm. Be safe out there.

Angie, you guys have us beat as far as high temps go. We are hitting just around 85 I think. It's a beautiful day outside with just a light drizzle.

Has anyone heard from Kempy???

I have got to get some lunch, I'm starving. Have a great day all :wave:

angieME
05-11-2007, 08:40 AM
Good Morning girls!!! It is cooler here today...only about 65-70 for the high today. Nice walking weather. :lol: We are going to go to my sisters house and hava a BBQ for my Mom on Saturday. I think I will buy her some flowers and bake her a cake. Her doctors appointment is on Wednesday and me and my sis are going to go to the hospital with my Mom and Dad. Hopefully she gets good news. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is good anyways.

Have any of you watched Inside Brookhaven Obesity Clinic on TLC on Wednesday nights? That show is so interesting. I think I am addicted to it and it helps me stay focused for the rest of the week with eating healthy.

Karen, Have a good time on your vacation. I cant wait to see your pics. We will miss you!!!

Noelle, I hope you get to enjoy your quiet house this weekend. Chloe sounds like quite the little handful. :lol: I have been wondering where Kempy is also.

Kempy, WHERE ARE YA????

Karen31
05-11-2007, 08:48 AM
Good Morning Ladies,
Well, I weighed this morning and I'm not happy but not surprised! I'm up 2 pounds!! :tantrum: I just haven't been doing the walking like I was doing and I've made cookies for Tim to eat on the trip--- but of course I had to sample them (way to many times!) to make sure they would good! :( I really hated to move my ticker but that's what I get for not being focused on my weight and still able to get the stuff done that I need to. I did put the WATP's videos in the 5th wheel to take with me and also the stroller for Ginger and Sissy. I'm hoping to be able to get some good walks in OUTSIDE but if not I hope I can get some walking done inside.
I talked to my brother and he will have the pool filled when we get there so I should be able to do lots of playing out there!!

Virgo-- sounds like you are going to be very busy getting things ready for your reunion. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Angie-- how are things going for you? Just remember to hold your head high and KEEP SMILING!! :D I know it took a lot for me to get over all the stuff that our youngest son put us through, but once I realized that it was his choice to be the way he was (at that time) and nothing I could do or say would change it, it almost seemed like a weight was lifted and it made things a lot smoother.

Dips--- How's things going? It sounds like you have been really busy too. Let us hear from you when you can.

Kempyd--- Where are you? Did you get your pool finished? Sure hope things are OK for you.

Well, guess I'd better get going and get started around here. Have a good day and I'll check back later. Karen

calnative
05-12-2007, 01:24 AM
Just checking in to let everyone know that I'm still here.
End of year is so hectic. We got our checkout list day before yesterday, and I've been trying to get some things done ahead of time. Also, I'm cleaning out the 4 closets in my room so I can move to my new classroom in a couple of weeks. I've got so much junk in those closes; I can't believe I've held on to so many things for so many years.
Karen: Have a great time on your trip. I haven't walked myself in about 3 days; I'm going to make sure that I do tomorrow morning.

Have a great weekend everyone. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!

Cal

angieME
05-12-2007, 07:30 AM
Good Morning girls!! I am down 2.7 pounds this week. :cheer: I am so close to getting another cheerleader. :lol: Today is my one month mark for being on track and I have lost 19.4 pounds. :cheer2:

Karen, I know you will get those 2 pesky pounds. I know whenever we go on vacation I really look forward to walking all over the parks and checking out everyone elses campers and the scenery. Me and Jay get in so much walking on vacation and Rebel LOVES it. :lol:

Cal, Enjoy your walk this morning. Have a great Mothers day.

We are going to go to My sisters and do a BBQ today. I bought Mom a dozen roses and baked her a cake. :lol:

calnative
05-12-2007, 09:46 AM
I forgot to mention that we had our weigh-in at school yesterday. I'm down a total of 6 lbs. (I did have some water retention once and went up, but I'm definitely feeling better).

Cal

Dips'n'twists
05-12-2007, 10:44 AM
:Cheer: ALRIGHT ANGIE!! :cheer: Yo earn that cheerleader baby!
You are doing great, I am so proud of you. Have a great time at you mommy's bbq. I gotta check out that TLC show, sound interesting. Brookhaven is the neighboring town to where my parents live in LI. In fact I think I may have driven by it a few times.

Cal- 6 pounds! :carrot: YOU GO GIRL :carrot: If the last week of school is kicking my butt I know you are going through it. I was looking at my proffesors like they were nuts for assigning us these 10 and 15 page papers until I realize...they have to read them! My hat off to you Cal, you can be a teacher nd still lose weight :lol:

Karen- I am hella busy as you can imagine but I'm hanging in there. Don't sweat the two pounds. This comes along with losing weight, that why it's a challenge because every once and again you get these curve balls lobbed at you. you are a champ though so you'll give those pounds right back

Speaking of giving back pounds...I gained wieght over the last couple of weeks because of all the ordering in I've been doing. I have baracaded myself in my apartment to the point where I didn't even go grocery shopping (I also missed my salsa classes during this time) so I called my good friends Dominoes and Chinese take out. Fast food to your door, am I doomed or what :lol: To add to that, I started drinking the SODA that I keep for company and I NEVER drink soda. No wonder I put on 8 POUNDS in two weeks. I shocked the **** out of my system! Then I got a shock when my BF turned to me in bed and said, "you're gaining weight" DAMMIT! I was hoping he wouldn't notice :o But needless to say that turned me around so after just two days of flushing my system with veggies and tons of water I am already down 2.5 pounds. I guess that's the good thing about gaining fast weight...it's usually water and it comes off just as quick.

Why do we always sabotage all that we worked hard for when life gets a little tough? I want to kick my BF's *** for basically calling me a fat-*** but he's just being honest with me. He said he wanted to say something before things got out of hand then he went out and did my grocery shopping (all healthy stuff ofcourse) So I guess I'm on track again.

Anyways, I'll check back in later...gotta got to class now. Love you guys!!

Karen31
05-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Happy Mother's Day everyone!! I hope you all enjoy your day. Karen

http://www.alighthouse.com/mday29.htm

cwneeds2lose
05-13-2007, 10:10 PM
Happy Mother's Day everyone.

Cal and Angie, :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: on the weight loss.

angieME
05-14-2007, 08:44 AM
Good Morning. The picnic was fun. A new boy came to pick Brittany up and drive her to work so my WHOLE family wnet out front and sat on the porch with her til he got there. We were embarrassing her so bad. :lol: After she left my sister called his cell phone and asked for Brittany and told her to look behind her because we all got in the car and followed them :lol: :rofl: She believed her too!!! haha. The day was really fun. I ate take out for supper that night and the next day I started my period and didnt feel like cooking so I did it again. :yikes: That is is though, I am totally back on track today.

We are painting the deck this week and opening the pool out and getting the garden ready. We will be busy.

I went out yesterday while Jay was at work for his mom and I made ALL the cake donuts for him. It saves him alot of time since he is so busy but let me tell you my arms are sore from sinking the donut screens into the grease. You have to hold them in the oil for over a minute until they float off the screen and then you can let the screen go until they are all cooked and it hurts your arms. :lol: So I have a new job this summer to save my baby some work time. On the bright side I can count it as an arm workout. :lol:

Dips, Great Job on the 2.5 pounds!! You Rock!!!

Cal, Great job on the 6 pounds!! You Rock!!!

Karen, I hope you had a great Mothers Day too.

CW. Thank you. How have you been?

Noelle, Did you guys have you BBQ this weekend?

Kempy, WHERE ARE YOU???

Karen31
05-14-2007, 09:41 AM
Good Morning!
I hope everyone had a good weekend. We got quite a bit done and I am so ready to get going on this vacation. Right now it jsut depends on what our weather is going to do..We don't want to have to travel across Kansas in the middle of a thunderstorm! Kansas is always too windy anyway and it wouldn't be fun at all to be in a storm too!

I know I dont usually weigh until Friday but I just had a feeling that I wanted to this morning and I lost those 2 pounds that tried to attach themselves to me again!! :carrot: :dance: So that made me pretty happy!!

Cal-- great job on the 6 pounds!! :congrat: :cheer: That is just wonderful.

Angie-- Good job on the 2.7 pounds lost! :bravo: :cp: It feels so good to see that scale move down!!

Dips-- you sound like you are really busy! Don't forget to make time for you!!

Noelle, CW, Virgo--- and anybody I might have missed-- hope you have a great day and I'll check back later to see how things are going.
Karen

Kempyd
05-16-2007, 10:22 AM
Hey, I am here but just for a bit. I have to get dressed for work but I just wanted to pop in and say hi.

I didn't get a chance to read everything but I will try when I get home this evening. I will say I started WW again Monday and man, I don't remember it being so hard.

melekalikimaka
05-17-2007, 06:25 PM
Hey ladies, sorry I've been MIA. Been in a bit of a funk lately. My girlfriend's mom who's in her 80's is really sick. My friend had to quit her job to care for her mom, then her boyfriend started having seizures which the docs are still trying to diagnose. It's just been a downer hearing all the bad news. I'm thankful that my own family is healthy, but my girlfriend, she's family too you know? I've known her since the 4th grade. Plus Melinda got voted off AI :(. :lol:

On a happier note, Rick bought me a bowling ball for Mother's Day...not the most romantic thing, but we all got bitten by the bowling bug and it just seemed fitting. I didn't know bowling could be so much fun.

WW for me is not going so good, so Kempy, I hear ya! I knew when I stopped journaling things would go downhill. I'm still trying to "restart" myself to get that mojo back, I know you guys know what I'm talking about.

Congrats to all of you big losers (of weight that is!) and keep on trucking for those of us struggling. :hug:

Angie, I finally caught a bit of that Brookhaven Obesity clinic show... I was glad I ate a salad for dinner!

Karen, let us know when you hit the road.

Virgo, don't you just love technology? :D

Dips, you hang in there. Be thankful you have a supportive man to help you drop the lbs. Mine just likes to eat right along with me :rolleyes:

Hi cw, hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day out there in sunny Cal.

Kempy, that pool is coming along nicely. When can we all come and dive in?

Cal, only one more day til Friday :D

Well, I have to catch up on some emails. Have a good one ladies. :grouphug:

melekalikimaka
05-18-2007, 05:35 PM
TGIF!!! :carrot:
Hope everyone out there is doing well. Any plans for the weekend? It looks like the water park for me and the family, then maybe catching Shrek 3. Then bowling on Sunday :goodvibes: My mom and dad come back home tonight so I better get to cleaning the house before they get back. Have a wonderful weekend ladies.

calnative
05-19-2007, 12:51 AM
TGIF
There's so much to do as the end of the school year approaches. I try to get online, but I'm so tired at the end of the day; also, I haven't been getting home before 5pm every night. Only 2 1/2 weeks left...June 6 will be here very soon.
I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I might take Ashley to see Shrek 3. Out school is not open this weekend, so I won't feel the pressure to go there and work.
Have a good night everyone.

Cal

FatToFitVirgo
05-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Hi, everybody. Twice I've written long messages, mentioning everyone--and twice have I lost them! (Wednesday AND Friday) I've just been on the phone with "my Internet provider" for an hour, trying to see what can be done on my end. In the meantime, I'm still reading you all, WISH YOU A BIG HELLO!! AND A LOVELY WEEKEND!!

But I'm more than a little tired of my computer right now, so please know I'll catch up with you Monday or Tuesday! Love to all,

--Virgo

Karen31
05-19-2007, 05:40 PM
Hello Everyone, We are in MO. at my Dads house and right now we are planning on leaving here tomorrow or Monday to go on to PA. to visit Tim Dad. We'll probably be there about a week and then head back here for about another week and then head home again. We've had a good trip so far and hope we have good weather for the 3 days we will be traveling to PA. Still trying to watch what I eat but I haven't done much walking yet. Was to tired when we got here yesterday! I'll try to get on again here in the next few days when I can spend more time and chat with everyone more and try to post some pics. Take care everyone. Karen

angieME
05-20-2007, 07:26 PM
Hi Guys!! My computer died on Monday afternoon and I am just getting it back. I guess it was the hard drive because I lost EVERYTHING!!! All of the family pics I have taken all of my itunes songs etc. It is funky and different and I dont like it much. :lol: I also fell off the wagon all week. I will get it back.

Well, My Mom has breast cancer. She is going in for surgery on the 12th to remove the lump and see if it has spread at all. Me and my sister had to go to the hospital with her and my dad twice this week to see her new doctor. The doc doesnt think it has spread but we wont know for sure until after the surgery. Please keep your fingers crossed for her to be okay.

I havent had a chance to catch up yet but I will try to.

melekalikimaka
05-21-2007, 07:16 PM
Angie, I'm sorry to hear about your mom. She's lucky to have two supportive daughters and a hubby to look after her. I'll keep her on my prayer list. Is there a reason they can't do the surgery earlier? It would scare me to "know" I have something inside me that needed to come out and have to wait a few weeks. That sucks about the computer, did you get a new one? I want a new one so bad for home but we have to prioritize right now with our budget... :( Did you get your groove back? I seem to have lost mine, at least 50% of the week is blown for me, I have to get my head straight again.

Karen, stay safe on the roads out there. Hope you both have a really wonderful time visiting family. It must be so nice to be out on the open road without much of a deadline to get anywhere. How was the pool? Was it ready for you?

Cal, I know you can't wait for school to be over. Just take your work days one at a time and before you know it summer and your cruise will be here. What I also can't believe is how old and how tall our own kids are getting :lol:

Virgo, how are things in Chicago today? Computers are a pain, hope that doesn't keep you away from us too long. How's the reunion coming together?

Dips, how are you girl?

Kempy, haven't heard much from you lately what are you up to besides work?

Is there such a thing as a bowling obsession? I think I have one. Me Rick and Michael played one game on Thursday afternoon. Then Saturday evening (after a whole day at the water park) we invited my sister my 13 and 9 y.o. nieces along and played 3 games. We had dinner afterward, my sister and her daughter went home. I called my other sister to see if she wanted to play at another bowling alley which was recently renovated and had cosmic bowling. SHe said yes, so we dropped the kids at home and Rick and I met her at 9:30 pm. We didn't get to play until 11:40 pm (the wait list was really long), then we played 4 games until 1:30 pm. Then Sunday morning we go to the 8:00 am mass, then go to another bowling alley and bowl another 4 games. It was great!!!! My arm hurts like heck since those muscles got waaaaaay overused than usual, but if you asked me if I wanted to go play right now, I'd say YES. :lol: If I continue this way I'll have one long gorilla arm :lol:

Anyway, sorry for the novel, and hello to anyone I may have missed. Have a great day everyone.

calnative
05-23-2007, 12:46 AM
Noelle: I hear you about how old and tall our kids are getting. I can't believe Ashley is going into 4th grade next year. She's doing long division, and doing it well. I told her today that she's going to be good in math like her Aunt Bert. I came across a picture of her at Disneyland the year we met up with you...she was 7 then. How time flies.

Angie: You, your mom, and your family are always in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you are doing well.

Karen: Take care on your trip. We're looking forward to seeing some pics.

Everyone else: Come out and let us know how things are going with you.

Only 10 more school days. It's really going by fast. Tomorrow I have a niece and nephew having their 8th grade promotions. On Thursday, a niece is graduating from high school. This is a very busy week for our family. My sister, Bert, will be here tomorrow night, and she has an interview at a high school on Thursday morning. If she gets it, she will be working about 5 miles from where I live.

Have a good night everyone.

Cal

FatToFitVirgo
05-24-2007, 11:20 PM
Dear Angie: Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. We are all keeping a good thought going for you. Stay brave!

Cal: Likewise, I'll keep a good thought going for your sister to get that job close to you!

Mele: Thanks for thinking of me--I always appreciate your joking commiseration regarding these *&^%@! computers! Have a great time with your bowling addiction! It's movement! It's exercise! YAY!!

Karen: I'll be praying for your travels to be safe and happy ones! Have a lovely time visiting with everyone!

Dips: How're the final exams and papers coming? I KNOW why you haven't been online visiting us--you've been too dern busy!! I've got a prayer going for you, too.

CW: Thanks for the Happy Mother's Day wishes! May this coming Memorial Day weekend be happy for you!

Kempy: How's that job coming along? Hope you're able to spend at least some time around that wonderful new pool of yours this holiday weekend!

In fact, that's a good idea, seeing as we'll all be occupied/preoccupied this weekend: HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND, EVERYONE!!

Love to all,

--Virgo

calnative
05-27-2007, 01:17 PM
I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Take care and be safe.

Cal

Karen31
05-28-2007, 08:33 AM
Hello Everyone, I thought that I would get some pictures posted over the weekend but didn't realie that the site would be down. I'll try to to get that done now. Well, I just clicked on the attachment button to post a picture but it isn't letting me. Maybe I can get a chance to try again later. I guess maybe this is something that still might not be just right since the move.

Anyway, we are in PA. at Tim's Dad's house. We got here last Tuesday and have had a good visit. We are planning on heading back to MO. to my Dad's tomorrow.

Noelle, my brother didn't have the pool ready when we came through the first time but I'm hoping that he will this time. Things are kind of messed up for him right now. He is going through a divorce and it is going to get messy!!! His two sons are really doing everything they can to help him get the pool ready too. But they are 11 and 12 years old. He does have some people that are supposed to come out and get it done but who knows.... When we got in to town last the first Friday of our vacation no one was around--- I called him on his cell phone and everyone was up at the ER with my Dad. He had a coughing spell and couldn't catch his breath. They ran some tests but came to the conclusion (?) that he might have a bit of a mild infection or he could be going into mild heart failure.. They gave him a RX. and sent him home. I've called a lot since we left there and he seems to be doing pretty good right now.

I have taken a few pictures of this Great Big Beautiful Cross that is in Effingham, Illinois. It is just right by the highway. I just tried to post the picture again andit still won't let me but I do have the website that tells you all about this Cross. It is really Beautiful. The website is: http://www.crossusa.org/internet/home.html I hope you can get on the site and check it out.

Well, I will try again later to post pictures. Sure hope everyone has a good day and I'll check back later.
Karen

Karen31
05-28-2007, 10:22 AM
Hi Everybody,
Well, I figured this out again---- I had to reset my settings to allow me to post pictures again. These pictures are of the bridges in St. Louis over the Mississippi as we are coming to them. The other one is a barge on the Mississippi river. I have a few more pictures to share but since I'm on a dial up connection I will do the others later so I don't have the phone line tied up for so long here.
Karen

Karen31
05-28-2007, 12:14 PM
Here is a picture of that Cross that I was telling you about in Effingham, Illinois. I just thought it was really beautiful. The website will show you the different stages that they took in constructing it. The other picture is our truck and 5th wheel at Tim's Dad house in PA. His Dad has 4 acres and it really is kind of a park like setting.

I'll try to get back on later. Karen

Karen31
05-28-2007, 01:23 PM
OK, This is Ginger, Sissy and myself at Tim's Dad's home. That is a rose bush there and it is just starting to bud out---when it is full of roses it is just beautiful. His Mom loved roses so this was transplanted here from their other home after she passes away. She moved it up here from Mass. to PA. His sister has done a reakky great job of keeping it so pretty.

OK, I'm not sure if I can get back online tonight but I'll try. If not it will probably be about 4 days before I get back on when we get to my Dad's.

As you can tell by my photo I haven't lost too much weight on this trip!!! :D

Take care, Karen

angieME
05-29-2007, 08:38 AM
Hi guys!! Wow, I have been doing some yard projects all week. I painted my deck and side steps and planted all my flower beds and started on the vegetable garden. Jay has been working his butt off as usual at his Mom's bakery.

my diet has been BAD!!! So bad in fact that I have gained more than half of my loss back!!! You know I am so sick of this struggle. It is the same thing time after time, all I ever do is lose and gain and it seems like it is the main focus in my life. One yummy food and I am on the rollercoaster again fighting to stay on track. Sad thing is that I always lose!!

Karen, Your pics are so nice. I am jealous that you guys are traveling. :lol: We only get to use our fifth wheel for 2 weeks at Christmas to go to Florida. The whole summer Jay is swamped working for his mom to make ends meet and by the time the tourists have left all the campgrounds around here are closed for the season.

Kempy, AWESOME pool pics!!! Echo looks like she is loving it. Has she gone in the pool yet?

Well, That is about it for me. I just wanted to check in and fess up that I am not doing so well dietwise. :lol:

FatToFitVirgo
05-29-2007, 11:26 AM
Angie, you know better than we do what trials you're going through right now. But please remember that we're here to :hug: offer you the best support we know: we share your weight struggles, and know just how frustrating they are. The fact is, you still post a net loss, not a net gain. You're going to cry and be scared and worried about your Mom; you're going to be frustrated by countless other things in your life right now, and then you'll read this, shrug your shoulders and say, "So there's these not-really strangers in other parts of the country who type things, so what...", but you'll know that we are pulling for you, praying for you, and you'll feel a little better, square your shoulders, and not eat those extra bites.

That's how it works; we all know that. Yes, it can be a very slim tendril of hope indeed, some days. But we are here for you. That's the part that counts. Do you know how proud we are of you? Are you aware of how amazing you are to work in a bakery--and still have lost weight??!! MAN! I cannot help but imagine myself in that situation, and wonder if I'd be doing that well! You are in extraordinary circumstances in a NUMBER of ways; instead of berating yourself, celebrate that you're still in the game--get back on that horse, and ride, Angie!! We're all cheering for you!!

angieME
05-29-2007, 12:20 PM
Hi Virgo, I am not that upset...just sick of it all. :lol: Thanks for your support though. It means alot to me. I am so glad that I found this sight and all of you guys. :hug:

I know I need to get it together and get moving back in the right direction.

melekalikimaka
05-29-2007, 07:47 PM
Hello ladies, I'm back in the office and near a working computer! :carrot: Yesterday was my mom's b-day and me and Michael baked her a 2 layer cake, it was huge! We made one layer chocolate and the other a yummy buttery yellow. We have bunch left over so I am trying to just limit myself and not go whole hog and eat until I burst. :lol:

A close friend of the family just passed away on Saturday morning so we are dealing with that. It wasn't entirely unexpected but her illness was just diagnosed late last year and then boom, she's gone, it's been hard. The one year anniversary of my cousins passing is coming up Thursday, we are preparing for that. He was only 44 when he passed.

Angie, I am doing really badly right now too. :( Ever since I stopped going to therapy it seemed I stopped journaling my food and well, you know what happens after that. All excuses aside though, it seems so easy to get derailed and so hard to get back on track. It's there if we want it though, to get back on track that is. Any news on mom? I know you guys are just awaiting on her surgery date right? Are her spirits good?

Karen, your pictures are great. I've been getting a lot of pictures from my niece stationed in AK as well so I feel like I'm experiencing a whole lot of the US through you guys. Thanks! Don't put yourself down in pictures, you look great and so do Ginger and Sissy. Glad to hear your dad is feeling better, that must've been a bit scary to hear the news but at least you will be passing through to see him again. That cross in IL is truly awesome! Thanks for sharing that.

Virgo, I see you are persevering in your weight loss, congratulations on getting into one-derland! :cp: :bravo: :cheer2: I know you are hard at work on it and deserve the cheers.

Kempy says hello, I got an email from her and she is busy at work and isn't able to get on during work hours. Her pool is coming along and I'm sure once it's completed we'll be even seeing less of her :lol: Just kidding Kemp, hope you can pop on soon.

Hey Dips, how's it going?

Cal, Michael has 1-1/2 more days of school left. :eek: How are your year-end classes going? The kids must be getting restless.

I have to run for now. I hope to be posting more since I plan to work this week--hee! Have a great day.

angieME
05-30-2007, 09:16 AM
Good Morning guys!! I am waiting for the Directv guy to show up to fix my dish. They installed it in front of a tree and now the leaves are in so I cant get any signal. Nice huh? :lol: The DVR unit and the regular one in my room dont work either so I guess they will have to replace them. I wished I had never switched from Dish Network. :lol: :rofl: It has been a big pain in the butt.

Noelle, Your cake sounds so nice. You and Michael are so sweet. I am sorry for the loss of your family friend. :hug:

My Mom is doing good. She is confident that there isnt too much of a problem. The doc says they should be able to get it all if everything goes as planned. then she will have to do radiation every day for 6 weeks. That will be hard on her because they live an hour away from the hospital and she will have to travel every day. I am not saying anything to her but I am worried because Jays cousin Lorri thought they had all of hers and she ended up dying a couple of years ago....She was only 2 years older than me.

Well, I should really find something to do right now.

calnative
05-30-2007, 11:24 PM
I'm so busy right now with end of year everything.

Karen: I love your photos. I love going on road trips.

Angie: I'm keeping you, your mom, and family in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so proud of you and the progress you're making. You are still my inspiration.

Noelle: Only 5 more school days. June 6 is our last day (Ashley's also). Next week, though, are only 3 half days. I can't wait.

Kempy: Echo looks like she's staked out her spot; she just looks like she belongs there. The pool looks great. Have you been able to enjoy it yet?

Dips: Are your finals over yet? Enjoy your summer!!

We leave for Alaska in just over 2 weeks. After school's out next week, I'll focus on packing.

Have a great evening everyone.

Cal

melekalikimaka
05-31-2007, 03:32 PM
Good morning ladies, I just got back from a year-end awards assembly at Mikey's school. He got two certificates for perfect attendance (2nd year in a row) and for high scorer on a national language arts test; he also got a medal for academic achievement and outstanding service in his class. So I'm a proud mama :lol: I can never get a good picture of him during events though, he always hide his face behind whatever he gets... this is a pic of him after 1st holy communion :rolleyes:

Cal, wave hi to my niece as travel through AK :lol: That trip sounds so exciting, I'm sure all of you will have a great time.

Kempy, I think my new cat may have deleted your email of the pool pics. She was sitting on my lap and walked across the keyboard and hit the delete button, a whole string of emails went into the delete box. Hope you can enjoy the pool this weekend.

Angie, thanks for your kind words about my friend. Her services will be held on Monday evening. This really makes me think about my parents' mortality you know? This lady was 2 years younger than my mom. Have you got your TV situation fixed? We have cable but I was contemplating Dish network, is it any cheaper where you are? We've had cable for so long I'm just lazy to make the change. :lol:

Hope everyone is having a great day.

angieME
06-01-2007, 09:45 AM
Good Morning girls!!!

Cal, Wow, My kids have to go to school until June 20th!!! They have a few snow days they have to make up. But Man, that is the longest into June they have ever gone. Have fun on your cruise!!! I cant wait to see the pics.

Noelle, Michael just gets cuter every time you post a pic of him. Sounds like he is doing great in school. Good Boy. I know all about all the worries with our parents. My Mom is only 52 but with this cancer scare it has me realizing that they wont be here forever. Jay's Mom is having heart problems now, they think she may have a blockage so she is on meds for 3 weeks and if it doesnt improve she is facing surgery as well.

Well, I should finish doing my hair. I still am not on track but I promise that on Sunday or Monday I am starting fresh and I will get there this time. Jay wants a lobster feast this weekend and there is no way I could resist that!! :lol: That is why Sunday or Monday for me. :lol:

angieME
06-01-2007, 09:47 AM
Oh yeah, the cable is all fixed too. He had to put the dish on a pole so that it cleared the big tree in my front yard. Now I am waiting for the new DVR recorder to come so I can swap out the funky one. So I am happy now. :lol:

melekalikimaka
06-01-2007, 08:25 PM
It's a new month and time for a new thread. Follow me there!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1716752#post1716752