WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for May

View Full Version : Thursday Chatters for May

Tina
05-01-2007, 09:46 AM
Good morning May Flowers!
(Is that corny or what!)

For any newcomers, this is a great group. We talk all the time and help each other through tough times. So come on in and stay awhile!

I'm ready to return to Cayman. It's such a "laid back" society. They are all so friendly. Yesterday I went to my local supermarket. I asked the checker how he was doing. To that, he gave me a dead pan stare and said, "fine." I was shocked because I'd been in such a congenial place for a week.

Other than that episode, I'm ready to return to Program. I desparately need to return to Program.
How is everyone doing today????

:flow1:

Tammy
05-01-2007, 09:42 PM
LOL to May Flowers!! A laid back place is nice. The town we live in is pretty laid back. Today was just ok foodwise. Definitely wasn't Core, that's for sure. Not sure if I'll have a loss this week because of TOM, just hope I don't have a gain.

Hope to hear from everyone!!!

auntie
05-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Can't believe it's May!!! Somebody has a birthday in a few days.... wonder who??????

I got my blood work back but nothing was out of the normal range. However, she wants me to go to an endocrinologist..... the first appointment available is July 13. Can you believe that? I also met with the dietician today and she put me on a diabetic exchange program. She thinks it's going to help alot....We will see.

Tina, I'm just having a hard time losing weight even excercising and all. I've gained. My doctor thinks my hormones might be out of whack.

Tammy, I don't like being that tired. I get that way when Pat's band plays (the next day).

Oh, did I tell you.... on 16 days left of school???? :)

Tina
05-01-2007, 10:26 PM
Hi again!
Susan, I don't think I own any hormones anymore. :lol: I had an early menopause and it wasn't fun. My dr. put me on estrogen for several years. I got scared of it and stopped a year ago.

Tammy, what day is your big day? I'm sorry I can't remember.

Where is everyone?????????????????????????????????????????? ?

Tammy
05-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Hmmmm. I wonder who? How can you keep track of that??? I don't remember anyone's!!! My day is May 8. We are leaving for Michigan that day. We'll be back on Friday, May 11. Have you guys ever heard of Mackinac Island in Michigan? There aren't any motor vehicles on the island (except fire trucks, ambulance, police). Anyway, there is a hotel there called the Grand Hotel. It is absolutely beautiful! Not sure how old it is, but it is old. Very expensive, but right now there are different nights in May that you can stay there at quite a discount, so we are staying there on May 9. Birthday/mother's day gift for me. I have wanted to stay there since I was a little girl when my family would go up there. People aren't even allowed to go up on the large porch unless they pay $10 (I think), and we are actually going to stay there! After 6:00 at night, you have to be dressed up if you are on the main floor. This will be a new experience.

Today I actually have energy! I guess Mon. and Tues. were to rest up from the weekend. I wouldn't have given up the weekend for anything though. It was so awesome to be there.

Susan, I'm glad that someone is getting things figured out for you. Hope it all works out!

Tina, I wish I would have menopause right now. I'm getting tired of this. I know that's part of what is making me tired right now too.

I agree. Where is everyone????

auntie
05-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Hi,

Ok, I have to confess....... I actually have ya'lls birthdays on a reminder that send it to me about 10 days before. If not, I would NEVER remember. Now, I will be reminding you when mine is, you won't have to worry. :) I love those birthdays!

Tammy, My best friend lives in Michigan and they go to Mackinac Island every year. She loves it there. It sounds beautiful from the way she talks about it. WOW!!!! sounds like a fancy place you will be staying at. Do tell us all about it?

Tina, how are you doing? Is it raining down there? We've had some big storms that don't stay very long.

Where is everyone?

Tina
05-02-2007, 11:09 PM
Where is MY mind???
I just looked in my address book and I have the birthdates written down there. Duh!
I am still so tired from my trip. And, I haven't been eating right yet.
It was the day to take my mother to the eye doctor. That was very trying as she can't hear, can't understand what's going on because of her stroke dementia, etc., etc., etc. I didn't feel real good to start with......
Tomorrow, I will get back OP and I'm going to rest, rest, and rest all day.

Tammy, that place sounds great and expensive.
Maureen, are you still lurking around? If so, get yourself online!!!
Jody, Dee, Sis, Terry, Chantal, etc., etc., etc., please post.

Susan, we haven't had rain yet.

Tina
05-03-2007, 12:12 PM
Happy Thursday!

Boy, I stayed in bed until 9:00 this morning. We took our trip to chill out and do nothing. However, when you are on such a gorgeous island, you go non-stop.
The heat was horrendous and I didn't drink enough water for hydration. I'm paying for it now. I am exhausted.
This is the first day that I can do NOTHING.
I am going to empty my carry-on case. I have stuff in the washer. It's time for a Diet Coke. :D

Okay y'all, it's time for "The May Challenge." Anyone up for it? :D :D :D
I go for my annual physical on June 5th and would love to have lost 10 pounds. Is that too adventurous? Is it possible to lose that much? Really, what do y'all think???

Tammy
05-03-2007, 04:21 PM
Susan, you can start sending me the birthday reminders. Could you add all my family members to your reminders????? I might have seen your friend up there because we go up there every summer too! We usually stay in Mackinaw City, and we have stayed on the island once. This will be a real treat. I just can't wait!

Tina, I love your mind!! I would do the same thing. Taking your mother to the doctor had to be a stressful time for you. You were already tired from the trip, so that doesn't help, I'm sure. Our cost for the hotel for the night includes a 5 course meal for two plus breakfast the next day, so I guess it all evens out in the end. There is no way we could stay there for their regular rate. For 2 people for one night it is about $500+. Not something we could do on a regular basis for sure, and I know of people who stay there every year for several nights.

Tina, I hear you on the Diet Coke!! I'm sitting here with a Diet Mt. Dew. It hits the spot sometimes!! For me, I know that 10 pounds would be too much to lose, but if you think you can, go for it!! I'll aim for my butterfly to hit 20 by that day, so that's only 4 pounds. The little bugger has been sitting there for ages, and I think he needs to get on the move. My last coupon thing ran out the end of April for WW. Last night, I went online and bought the monthly pass. I wasn't going to do it, but Bob keeps telling me that I'm worth it, and I should go for it! Love that guy!!!

other news. I have checked around about a doctor here in town, and I believe that I am switching. The doctor is a woman, and her grandmother is one of our neighbors. I won't be going in to talk to them about switching to her until after we get back from Michigan.

Hope we hear from everyone else!!

auntie
05-03-2007, 10:41 PM
Hi Friends,

I hope ya'll had a good day. It sounds like were both really busy.

Tina, I know it's stressful for you to take your mother to the doctor. You have to do so much! You deserved your trip!

Tammy, I think it's great that you and Bob need to get away. Celebrate your retirement.

I'm in for the May challenge. All I can do is promise to do my best....

You guys are awesome!!!!!

Tammy
05-04-2007, 11:22 AM
Susan, part of my dreams for retirement was to take trips. We have always enjoyed our vacations, and now we can take them whenever we want! We are already talking about going back to that gambling boat sometime. There are shows there and other activities besides gambling. I enjoyed watching the people!! Of course, the Ben and Jerry's ice cream place there was a big draw for me!!! lol

Tim just called. His last exam was over about 10:45, and he was packing his car. He should be home in less than 2 hours!! I know we just saw him yesterday, but it will be great to have him home. I know Kramer will love it!!

I need to get the dining room table cleaned off. When it's just the two of us, we eat at the breakfast bar. With 3 of us, we'll need the table. OR maybe we could just go out to eat all the time!!!

Hope you all have a great day!!

Tina
05-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Happy Friday!

Susan, how many more days? ;)

Tammy, I told Larry about the place you're going and he reminded me that we saw something on the Travel Channel about the place. Wow, that's a big hotel. You will have such a good time.

I need to clear off my dining table, too. I still have lots of vacation stuff on it.
I think it's great that y'all still eat at the table. The only time we do is on Sunday. Other times, we sit at TV trays and watch TV. I guess that's okay since we're all "grown-ups." :lol:

I actually walked for 25 minutes this morning. I'm getting back into the swing of every day life.

martysgirl1197
05-04-2007, 11:30 PM
Hi Ladies first of all I'd like to thank Tina for inviting me over to this Board ;) A little about me I'm new to the Group and in March I joined WW and as of Thursday I've lost 11 Pounds I only have 6 Pounds to go to get to my 10 % Target Weight:carrot: The Hotel in Michigan sounds Beautifull please send pictures. I am hoping to go to Greer, SC the end of August for my Grandson's 12th Birthday I see my Oncologist on the 17th and I have to get clearance from him I am also hoping to fit into a size 14 Bathing Suit by then ( keeping my fingers crossed ) :) . Well Ladies I'm not that good with names but I hope ya'll have a GREAT weekend.

Tina
05-05-2007, 03:13 PM
It's Saturday :coffee2:
I hope everyone is out having lots of fun. Remember that exercise helps us lose those inches and pounds. :D

Martysgirl, I'm so glad you found your way over to this thread.
You mentioned something about your oncologist. I hope everything is going well for you.
About me----I'm in my 50's, have a fantastic husband and a super 33 year old son. (Wow, 33--makes me feel old.) I reached Lifetime in '93 but have fallen off the wagon several times.

We're having a good day. We've been painting the outside east wall of our house. Because of all the rain we've had and our vacation, it's taking us some time. We just need to paint the trim color now.

What's going on with everyone else???

Tammy
05-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Tina and martysgirl, the Grand Hotel is really big. I just can't wait!! I have my camera and extra film ready to go. There is a website you can check out: www.grandhotel.com

Tina, we can see the tv from our breakfast bar. Our favorite show to watch at suppertime is MASH reruns. We just crack up at them.

Martysgirl, you are doing awesome with your weight loss!! Keep it up!! I'm 51 (soon to be 52), just retired from 30+ years of elementary teaching, married to Bob for almost 26 years, and we have a son, Tim, who just turned 19 and just finished his first year at college.

I don't know why I don't stick to the program like I know that I should. I frustrate myself!!

It has been raining all day today. Bob and Tim were going to go to some races tonight, but they've been postponed till the 19th.

martysgirl1197
05-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Hi Tina I have Cancer Multiple Myeloma ( MM ) for short, but God has been very good to me. I was Diagnosed on June 30th, 2005 and so far I have no Tumors or Leisions which is good, the only treatment I had to have is Iron Intraveniously when I was first Diagnosed. This Cancer in incurable but very very treatable. When and if the time comes I will receive heavy dosages of Chemo and I will get a Stem-Cell Transplant using my own Stem-Cells. Here is a Link to the Disease I have:
http://myeloma.org/main.jsp?menu_id=0&tab_id=1&type=ARTICLE&id=601

Tammy that Hotel sure is beautifull enjoy yourself :) I will be 54 on the 18th :) when is your BD ? I was just married 10 yrs in January between us we have 4 Sons, 2 Daughters, 7 Grandsons & 1 Granddaughter and we enjoy spending time with all of them.

Tammy
05-05-2007, 10:18 PM
My birthday is May 8, so we are almost twins! lol I'll have to check out the link to your disease. I have one of those invisible illnesses: fibromyalgia. Also have arthritis in my lower spine. I just take it day to day.

I need to get ready for bed. I was up late last night, and I didn't sleep well. I want to be bright eyed and bushy tailed to get up and rolling for church in the morning.

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

auntie
05-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Hi,

It was an extremely HUMID day here!!! It sprinkled off and on.

Martysgirl, welcome to the group. We have a friend that has mulitiple myleoma. He has had it several years too. I will keep you in my prayers.

I am Susan and live in North Texas. I'm 44 and have been married 22 years. I have one son, he is deceased and would be 3 years old in July. I am a deaf education teacher and teach students that are both deaf and mentally challenged.

Tammy, i'm glad that you and Bob are getting to travel some. I can't think of anyone that deserves it more....... however, you know you have to bring us something back from all of your journeys.

Tina, 14 days left of school and that is counting Monday. My student teacher finished up Friday, so I the teacher again on Monday. I've missed not teaching :) We have our big Spring Show on Friday night. The theme is Disney, of course my class is doing a fashion show again.

I went to the gym today. Didn't want too but did it!! I'm following the dietician's guidelines. I can't remember if I told ya'll or not but my blood work came back all normal. So my doctor wants me to go an endocrinologist. The next appointment was July 13.... guess I'll be waiting. My friend still thinks I have PCOS, she says it doesn't always show up in your bloodwork. So more waiting.

Have a great weekend.

Tina
05-05-2007, 10:50 PM
Evening,
Martysgirl, I'm glad you are doing so well. And, it sounds like you have quite a family. that's wonderful.

Tammy, I hope you are bushy tailed for church. That would be quite a sight. :o

Susan, I know you will enjoy the Spring Show. You love doing things like that. Is Pat's band playing some place this weekend?
We had great weather today. There was a nice breeze.

I'm ready for another vacation. :lol: I've got to lose what I gained first. Oops!
Maureen, where are you????

auntie
05-05-2007, 10:56 PM
Tina,
Pat's band is on break until June 2. It's nice having him home on Sat. nights or us not getting in at 4 am. :)

martysgirl1197
05-06-2007, 08:20 PM
Hi Ladies how was everyone's Sunday ? Mine was a very lazy day :dizzy: My Grandson and Granddaughter had a Flee Market and made $50.00 they were very excited :high: In July we are going on a Family Picnic to an Amusement Park the Tickets are $45.00 per person, this includes Transportation to and from the Park, four hour Buffet and unlimited Rides and Water Park from 12-10 PM. I think Dad should make them each put away some money towards the trip. My Grandson is 10 and my Granddaughter is 6 what do you Ladies think ?

Tammy
05-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Susan, I'll bring you all lots of my memories of our trips! lol Have fun being the teacher again tomorrow!!

Tina, well I was bright-eyed anyway! I'd better watch the food while we're gone so I don't have to lose more!

Martysgirl, I agree with you about the kids putting some money away for the trip. It teaches them responsibility, etc. even though they are young. We've been doing things like that with Tim since he was in preschool. That's part of the reason his savings account was very nice when his first college bill came. lol

If we can drop Kramer off at the Pooch Parlor in the morning, we are leaving for Michigan about noon tomorrow. Bob made reservations at a Holiday Inn Express in Dundee, Michigan. It's right next to a Cabela's. He and I were there this fall, but Tim has never been there. It is a site to see!!

auntie
05-06-2007, 10:14 PM
Hope everyone had a great day! It was suppose to rain but never has.
The radar shows some on the way. We might get out of the drought we've been in four the last 4 years. That would be nice.

Pat weed whacked some today. The area around the perimeter of our property is at a slope so you have to use the weed eater. It's REAL HARD work. He only did part of it but it took all day. His hip has been bothering him so I know it was really hard. I actually think he is going to go to the dr. for his hip. He is afraid they will say a replacement.

Tammy, have a blast on your trip!!!! I'll try to have fun teaching tomorrow. It will be so much easier knowing only 2 and 1/2 weeks left.

Marty, I agree with Tammy. The kids should put some of the money away for the park. It's a good lesson and they will appreciate it someday. :)

Tina, What have you been up to today?

I went to the gym this afternoon. I didn't stay a long time but I went! So I was proud of myself. We also went to Red Lobster tonight. It was SO good. It's one of my favorite places to eat. I brought most of it home with me.

Tammy
05-07-2007, 05:57 AM
Susan, I hope Pat's trip to the doctor is ok. Pain is not good. Your countdown for summer is winding down! Isn't that a great feeling? Good for you on going to the gym. I've been a slug lately. I love Red Lobster!

That's all for now. I'll try to check back in before we leave today.

Tina
05-07-2007, 09:11 AM
Morning,
Martysgirl, I agree that it's good to teach the little ones to save. Mind you, they shouldn't be told to save a big portion, just a little bit. (That amount will seem like a lot to them.)

Susan, It sounds like Pat has a big area to weed-eat. I hope he feels better. Good luck teaching on your own today.

Tammy, we will miss you, girl. I'm glad Kramer likes the Pooch Parlor, and you trust the people.

Maureen, where are you girl?

Beach Babe, how was your weekend?

auntie
05-07-2007, 10:28 PM
Hi,

Mitch called this morning and said did I want to come in to the gym at 5. He wore me out today. We played basketball and if we made a shot the other one had to make it at the same location. If you didn't make it, then we had to run the length of the court. It was fun. Then we played a game, the loser would have to run 3 lengths. Luckily, I won! So I ran with him and laughed. Then we did some weights. I really enjoy working out with him. Plus his looks don't hurt :)

Tammy, have fun on your trip!!!!! (oh, we live on 11 acres)

Tina, how is David doing? I don't think I've asked lately.

Martysgirl, how are you doing?

I'm off to check the weather channel to see where the storm is at.... hopefully we will get some rain and and not the bad winds.

Tina
05-08-2007, 10:23 PM
Hope all had a good Tuesday.
We had "brown outs" all afternoon. (That's where the power goes on and off a lot.)
It's in the 80's now and I guess people are using too much electricity.

I stayed pretty much OP.
How did everyone do?

auntie
05-09-2007, 09:47 PM
Tina,
That does not sound fun at all! How long would the electricity be out for at a time?

Beach Babe
05-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Hello everyone! Sorry I've been gone for a while.

Sounds like there are a lot of fun vacations coming up. Since you all were introducing yourselves a bit, I guess I should do the same.

I'm 29 years old. My husband and I were married on 10.29.05. We've been togeather about 6 years total. We knew we wanted to start a family right away and so far we've been dealing with 22 cycles of infertility. I'm taking new fertility meds this cycle and am feeling quite optimistic. With the start of the new meds and TOM last week I have been horrible about staying OP's this month. I'm a bookkeeper for a restaurant/bar, although I've vey jealous of all you teachers. I originally went to school to be an educator but left school to work full time. My future plan is to either go back and finish school or possibly open an in home day care. For now I have to work full time as these fertility treatments are not cheap. We're also hoping to buy our first house in a couple of months and we're planning a family trip in July. My family lives in Illinois while I'm in Florida so we try to get togeather once a year.

Whew, that was kinda long. Everyone have great days!

Beach Babe
05-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Oh, Tina, I ment to tell you. Our honeymoon cruise docked in Grand Caymen for a day. We loved it! Your right, everyone is so nice. Did you make it out to StingRay City? We did that and also visited the Turtle Farm and Rum factory. We'd love to go back someday.

Tina
05-10-2007, 11:43 AM
Beach Babe it's so nice to know more about you. I hope the fertility treatments work this time. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.;)

Yes, we've been to Stingray City/Sandbar. It was weird having the stingrays swim right up against me. Did you get to hold one? We went with Capt. Dexter and he only takes a max of 12 people. He would get one and let us hold it.
Also, I love the rum cakes!!!!!!!!!

Beach Babe
05-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Yup, we got to hold (and give kisses) to the sting rays. I don't remember the name of the guy that took us out. We booked the tour through the cruise but it was a fairly small group, I think max 20 people. He would also catch the sting rays and then you could hold them and let his helper guy take your pic. It was fun.

Actually that pic of me in my profile is from my honeymoon. Although it was taken on Princess Cays. It was the last stop on our cruise. Now I really wanna go back!

Tina
05-11-2007, 02:36 PM
It's Friday....
Do y'all have plans for Mother's Day?
My sister and I (and families) will be taking our mother out to eat after church on Sunday. My mother doesn't remember that it will be Mother's Day and will be very confused and won't know why she's getting gifts. It's very sad.

Tammy, are you home yet? I have missed you sooooo much.

Mom4kids
05-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Hello, I am Dee, I am the mother of four kids, my husband is serving in the desert, I will be joining him soon, my thryroid biopsy came back negative,but I am borderline hypo (whatever,either you are or you aren't, not borerline) my son is still up and down with the CFS and school is almost out:dizzy: The kids are doing well. They are ready for summer break, they have lots of plans. I do too, mine involve lots of heat and sand.

I have been running around like chicken with...well, you know what I mean.

I have been gone from here forever. I haven't even had time to keep up with your posts. I must confess however, that I gave up on WW. I have been running ragged. I did join Jenny Craig. I just started. I like it so far, with the meals preplanned, I look on the calendar, pick out the foods and no brain work for me. The kids eat anything...so I find it easier to cook for them and then make my JC and eat with them. Got to get into shape before I leave. Thought this might be a start.

Sorry girls.

So, what's new? Have I missed much?

Tina
05-11-2007, 05:45 PM
Welcome back, Dee!!!!!
You have been missed.
I'm glad your son is doing better. I've never heard of borderline hypothyroidism. That's a new one.
Who will keep your children while you're gone? Do you know how long it will be?
I hope Jenny Craig helps you lose your weight. I've seen their ads. What kind of foods do you get?

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Mom4kids
05-11-2007, 08:56 PM
My thyroid hormone results were .like .1 below the normal range. I guess my last few lab tests teeter back and forth. I have all the signs/symptoms. Still makes no sense to me, he holding out on starting me on meds, he's hoping diet and exercise will get my body to kick into gear on its own. I have a huge nodule on my thyroid. I have to go back in 6mos and get it checked. If it changes one bit it will be removed. Cross your fingers on that,I am not a fan of having that done. Nor am I a fan of taking meds.

The little ones go to Gramma's house for "vacation". The big boys go to their dad's and to camp...they might miss me.

So far the food has been good. Banana Nut Cereal for breakfast, burger for lunch, chicken fettuccini for dinner and choc cake for desert. That was yesterday, and it was yummy. But it is all perfectly proportioned. I was actually full after dinner tonight (barbeque meatloaf). So far, so good. :T

Tina
05-11-2007, 10:17 PM
Dee, Your food sounds good.
And, I had a small nodule on my thyroid. They put me on medicine and it went away. If it hadn't, it might have been cancer and would've come off. I'm glad it went away!

Where is everyone tonight?

Tammy
05-12-2007, 06:11 PM
Hi all!! We arrived home yesterday afternoon. We had a wonderful time! The Grand Hotel is just as grand as it sounds! Talk about being spoiled!!! For the discounted price, I expected a small room, nothing spectacular. Well, we ended up in the China Suite. Chinese decor with lots of antiques. Oh my!! Huge 4-post bed with a ceiling (Not sure what else to call it!). The sides and head of the bed were wood. The only way to get in was to climb on a stool and crawl in from the foot of the bed. Not an easy task!! BUT it was great!!

I thought I did ok on the eating, but I still don't want to check the scales.

Tina, I'm sure tomorrow with your mother will be a tough one. I'll be thinking of you. We'll go to church, then out to eat. Then come home and pack Tim up to go back to school for 5 weeks. I know I'll cry.

Dee, there have been many, many times when I was tempted to call you. I still have your number on my cell. You have been in my prayers (as are all of the rest of you), and I knew you'd be leaving soon.

I've thought about Jenny Craig or any program where I don't have to do the planning. Do you have to go get the food or is it mailed to you? Of course, I think Bob tries to sabotage my weight loss efforts sometimes. Anyone else ever feel that way with your hubbies???

I did do the monthly pass for WW, so I guess I'll give it some more time. I really need to get with it.

Tammy
05-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Just remembered that I said I wanted to get my butterfly to 20 by June 5. I really need to get with it!!!!!

Mom4kids
05-13-2007, 09:52 AM
Tammy,

I went in to the JC Centre. I feel better when I have to go weigh in and be accountable to someone other than myself. It helps motivate me. When I go in for my first weigh in this week, I will pick up my next week worth of food.

I used to think my DH would sabotage me all the time. He would eat a half gallon of ice cream in front of me, or eat chips and dip, alot of it. He would tell me that he thought I looked good the way I was. It stopped when one day he realized that he had put on 30 pounds:o . He then became real supportive. He started running and encouraged me to run with him. He told me he would eat whatever I said was ok to eat, and nothing without my 'permission'. He lost 12 pounds before he left and was up to running 3 miles a day. He is super supportive of me trying JC. He knows I am tired of struggling with the decisions of what to make for breakfast lunch and dinner. I also need to decrease my stomache size, or the amount I am able to eat, so that I can get in gear for going to the desert.

I never got to see your DH. Is he a thin guy?

Mom4kids
05-13-2007, 09:54 AM
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Tina
05-13-2007, 03:25 PM
Happy Mother's Day to everyone and their mothers!

auntie
05-13-2007, 08:41 PM
Happy Mother's Day! This year is the first year that Pat as said anything about it. He took me out for breakfast, we worked in the garden and then he cooked a great steak!!!! What a day!

Well, I've not been around much this week because much has happened!!! My mom fell and BROKE her hip!!!!! Not the one with the replacement. She did it on Wednesday and refused to go to the doctor. She went on Thursday to her GP, then she sent Mom straight to the ortho. and then he sent her straight to the hospital. She had surgery on Friday.

At school, the Deaf ed. department for the entire district put on a Spring show. So, it was hard not to go to San Antonio asap!!! However, after talking to my dad, and my older siblings they both said stay here until school is out. So I am officially counting the days of school left. I think I will fly down Sunday after school is out and stay a week.

So that's what's going on here!

Dee, glad you are back! I've missed you!!! I've thought of Jenny Craig before.

Beach Babe, I hope you have lucky with your fertility treatments.

Tina, I know your mother enjoyed her day. Did you?

Tammy, I'm so glad you had a good time on your trip!!!!!!

Tina
05-13-2007, 11:00 PM
Oh Susan, I am so sorry about your Mother. I hope she isn't in too much pain now. That's just terrible!!!
How many more days of school? Is it just this week and you are out?
I'm glad that you and Pat had a nice day.

Larry pampered me royally. He went out and brought home breakfast.
David gave me a gift card. The family lunch was okay. My sister, her husband and our mother didn't get to the restaurant until an hour after we arrived. I don't know what held them up---I guess something at their church. The 3 of us and my nephew and family just sat there, eating bread and appetizers. Well, I ate the bread and they had the other. :)
Tonight, Larry bought us hot dogs from our favorite place.

Like Tammy, tomorrow I'm back on water and veggies.

Who else had a nice day?

Tammy
05-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Dee, my hubby is about 6'3" and weighs from 185-190 depending on the day. The doctor still wants him to lose weight. I told Bob, now way!! He did weigh 220 at one time. I don't even know how far I'd have to go to a Jenny Craig place.

Susan, I hope your mother heals quickly. These last few days will go slowly since you want them to go fast, so post here often and we'll help to make the time go faster. Yummy! steaks!!

Tina, I couldn't have resisted the appetizers! It sounds like you had a very nice day.

Bob was sick, so it was an interesting day here. Tim and I left for a while and went to Fazolis. I had a salad and a couple breadsticks. We worked on getting him packed to go back, then the two of us went while Bob stayed in bed with the phone beside him.

Tim called this morning after his 7:30 class to say he thought that was way too early for a class. I just laughed at him. He said the dorm is not full at all, so it is almost creepy because it's so quiet. He has a single, so I hope he gets to know some people. The guy across the hall has a single also.

We went to Wal Mart and McDonalds before I left to come home. Also had a salad at McD, BUT I also had ice cream afterwards. Bad Tammy.

The sun is shining, and it looks like it will be a beautiful day. Bob is feeling much better. Actually eating a little bit. I have water aerobics tonight. I haven't been there the past couple of weeks because of TOM and going to Michigan. I'll have to wear a nametag so they know who I am!!

Mom4kids
05-14-2007, 06:54 PM
My goodness Susan, how is your mom doing? Broken hip and didn't want to see the doctor...she must have a high tolerance for pain. I hope she heals quickly.

Tammy- your hubby does not need to lose weight, where is that doctor from, ethiopia? Sounds like he is a healthy weight to me. I am 5'4 and weighed 193 when I started my weightloss journey. Yeah, he probably doesn't need JC. It was a thought.

Tina-hot dogs? I hope you covered them with all the toppings!! LOL

Water and veggies...oh yum (note sarcasm)

I had a decent day....still had to take care of 4 kids. But I didn't cook for them, I ordered them pizza. ;)

Tina
05-14-2007, 08:05 PM
Please don't mention pizza! :dizzy: :lol: I just ate supper and I'm hungry.
Today I have stayed below my points. I know, I know, I'm supposed to eat all of them. But, I needed a good jump-start after the weekend.

Tammy, I hope Bob is feeling better.
Susan, have you heard from your mom today?

How is everyone else doing today???????

auntie
05-14-2007, 09:48 PM
Hi,
7 days and counting!!!!!!!

Mom called late last night to tell me "she was going home today". I laughed because they said 5 days after surgery and she was going home in 2 1/2. She does have a high tolerance to pain and a low tolerance for medication. It doesn't take much to make her stomach upset. She is doing very well. She can't put any weight on it for 4 weeks, so she won't be doing much. She is on a walker and will have home physical therapy.

My sisters say my dad is doing good but is very tired. He isn't in the best of health nor does he sleep well. So I plan on going down and taking care of them. I'll be making stuff to put in the freezer, etc.... and give my sisters a break.

It's tough seeing your folks get old. It just breaks my heart!

Dee, when are you going to see your husband?

Tammy, I hope you know your own name :) Yes these last days are dragging!!! Hope Bob feels better.

Tina, I would be upset if my family showed up late!!!!! It sounds like you had a good day. I love those hot dogs!

Oh, my assistant is in the hospital again having emergency surgery. She has a blockage in her intestines. So, my student teacher is subbing for her. My supervisor had her get all her paperwork done so she could sub for me if I had to go home, since I didn't it's a good thing. So she is with me subbing for my assistant. I don't think she will be back before school is out.

Tammy
05-15-2007, 10:02 AM
Dee, we have both been very disappointed in this doctor. We've gone to him for a long time, and I hate to switch, but he has really changed since he merged with another group. All he wants me to do is go for test after test after test. He always tells me I'm overweight. Like I don't know that. I want to tell him to look at his wife and some of the staff that works for him, but I kept quiet.

I didn't eat just water and vegies, but I didn't do bad yesterday. So far today I'm doing a good job, but heck the day has hardly begun.

Bob is much better today. He is out running errands, and I'm just hanging out here. I like that.

Susan, that will be good that you'll be able to give them a break when you get there. I'm sure your parents will be glad to have you there. That's great that your student teacher will be there to sub for the aide! I'm sure it will be easier on the students too.

Well, I guess I should go do something. Not sure what. Too early for a nap! lol Not to early for a load of laundry I guess.

Tina
05-15-2007, 10:45 AM
Hi,
I'm staying OP so far today. I've got to get to the store and buy more fruit. I'll be so glad when the blueberries start coming in. It's just a few more weeks!!! I could eat a ton of them every day.
I was sooooo hungry last night. I will eat 20 pts today. (ate 14 yesterday.)

Dee, how long have you been on JC?
Susan, you're mom is "super woman." :)
Tammy, I'm so glad Bob is doing okay. How long is summer school for Tim?
BeachBabe, how are you doing?
Chantal, how is Cleo?
Terry, are the kids running you wild?
Maureen, did you fall off your roller blades? :lol: Get yourself back here.

Tammy
05-15-2007, 02:20 PM
Tina, I like blueberries too. I am meeting Melissa later for our Emmaus Share Group, and I plan to hit Wal Mart afterwards for salad fixings and fruit. I ended up taking out screens and washing them out in the yard and washing windows inside and out today. I didn't do all of them because Bob stopped me. He didn't want me to overdo it since I am going away. He was probably right because I'm hurting now. Will I ever learn????? But at least some of them are done. He was working on moving some things out of the garage to take to a guy who takes things to a scrap metal place.

I've done good on points today. We are having soup and salad for supper, so that will be good.

Tim will have classes for 5 weeks. After 2 days of classes, he has nothing but positive comments about the classes. He has NEVER been positive about any math classes that he has taken since junior high, so this is a good thing!!

We received a letter today from Ball State wanting to know if we want our same reserved seats for the football games in the fall. I wish we knew if Tim would make it into the band again before we have to decide. It's $150 for both of us, so I guess it won't kill us that bad. I'm sure someone else could use the tickets if we didn't want to go to all the games. Jess's parents go to some of them, and they pay at the gate. $15.00 per ticket. We could sell them our 2 seats for less than that per game. We'll just have to see.

Well, I need to put Kramer out before I leave. Hope you are all having a great day!!

auntie
05-15-2007, 10:26 PM
Hi,
Guess what, the endocrinologist's office called and said they had a cancellation on Monday and did I want to come in. I said "YES" that will be much better than the middle of July. So hopefully I will know something soon. I'll keep you posted.

Ok, Supermom is a nut!!! Let me tell ya'll what she did.... you know my dad is not in the best of health and my mom goes every place with him. My little sister, Amy, calls this morning all upset. She has talked to my parents and my dad has a meeting across town and mom is going to ride with him and sit in the car. So, I call my aunt and tell her. She tells me "I'll be right down" then I call my big brother and tell him "Can you drive dad downtown?" He says he will call my dad. My dad said yes he would like for him to drive him. So I get all figured out. I call my mom and say "NOW YOU SHOULD BE RIDING IN THE CAR and SITTING FOR SO LONG, YOU JUST GOT OUT OF THE HOSPITAL" Can you believe it? She is so stubborn. I wonder where I get it from.

I am going to go down on either Saturday or Sunday next week. I'm sure the girls will be happy.

Oh I wanted to tell ya'll... my dietican said that everytime you eat a carbohydrate (milk, starch or fruit) you should eat a protein. I lost a pound and 1/2 last week. I go on Thursday so I'll let you know how I do this week.

Tina
05-15-2007, 10:33 PM
Susan, what does eating a protein with a carb do for your body?
Congratulations on the loss.

Your mother sounds stubborn. That's probably why she's doing so well after surgery. She's driving everyone else nuts, though. :)

auntie
05-15-2007, 10:40 PM
Stubborn but we love her the same. She did teach us all how to be that way! :)

Tina, the carb and protein combination takes longer to digest and the carb is used up first instead of turning to sugar or fat. (I think, I will double check on Thursday)

Tammy
05-16-2007, 03:30 PM
Susan, I'm so glad you'll get into that appointment sooner than July! I had to laugh at your stubborn mother. I do think we are related!! I have heard that before about the carb and protein. I think they balance each other out somehow. Like if you eat a baked potato, it is better to eat it with FF cheese or FF marg. or sour cream than to have it plain. Marg isn't a protein, but I'm sure that's what the thing said.

Kramer and I just woke from a very nice nap. It is only about 62 today. It's cloudy, and the wind is blowing. We cuddled under a light throw and snoozed.

Water aerobics tonight. This session, we are lucky if we have 6 people there, and that includes the 2 women who take turns teaching it. Monday night there were only 3 of us there.

Tammy
05-17-2007, 11:10 AM
Our instructor last night was supposed to be the less agressive of the two. We rarely even get our heart rates up with her, and most of us have written that on our evaluations of her. I almost didn't go to class. We had a substitute, and she was awesome! She teaches the morning classes, and she will be teaching the morning classes this summer. I had already planned to sign up during the summer, and now I know that I will for sure. After I got home last night from class, Bob and I took a walk. We didn't take Kramer because we planned to go further than his little legs will take him. While we were gone, he pulled a bag of stuff off of Tim's dresser and proceeded to shred the bad and some of its contents. I don't think he liked being left behind when he saw us walking.

I weighed at home today. I am sick. I am not going to weigh in. It's too embarrassing.

Hope you all have a great day and a great weigh in!

Tina
05-17-2007, 11:28 AM
Good for Kramer!!!! :o He's able to tell you how he feels.
I wish we had a class like that at our pool. There's one at the gym where Larry is a member. (You see that I said "where he's a member" because he never goes!) Anyway, I don't have a class. Maybe I should come up to Ohio.

I am not weighing today. I feel bloated. Not a good sign.
I have cleaned both bathrooms and am now going to the nursery for plants for my front flower bed.
The temp was a wonderful 65 when I got up. Now it's only up to 72!!! We're having a cold spell. :lol:

Tammy
05-17-2007, 02:59 PM
Tina, you could come up and join our class!! Wouldn't we have fun??? Larry sounds like us actually. We haven't been to the Y other than me going for the aerobics classes since before we left for GA in March. Pitiful. Hey! We are related!! I cleaned the bathrooms too!

As for flowers, I now have 2 hanging baskets of geraniums. One in front of the house, and one in back of the house. I have a plant to plant that Melissa gave me, and I think I'll let Tim do that when he gets home tomorrow afternoon. The town where we moved from is having their yearly festival this weekend, so he is coming back to hang out with some of his HS friends.

We're only in the 50's today. I think it is supposed to be warmer over the weekend though.

Tina
05-18-2007, 10:12 AM
Happy Friday,
Where did this week go???
I never made it to the nursery. I had to wait for a phone call. I finally gave up after 2 hours. (They called at 4 p.m.!)
So, I might run over there today.

We had Thai food last night. I'm not sure if that will do a number on my weigh-in today.

Susan, have a safe trip to SA. Tell Amy hello and tell her to get herself back online.
Later.....

Tammy
05-18-2007, 02:14 PM
This week really did fly by, didn't it? I don't like waiting for phone calls. It makes me nervous. I've never had Thai food.

I agree about telling Amy hello and to get herself back here.

Mom4kids
05-18-2007, 07:42 PM
I guess Kramer showed you. What were you thinking,going without him?

Did someone say 'Blueberries'? I love blueberries. yummy....

This is my second week at JC. I lost 4 lbs at my first weigh in. This week won't go so hot. I was cooking for my kids culture fair at school and found myself eating as I was preparing. Then at the fair, they had the parents try the different foods from each country. I tried so hard to just have a bite here and there, without trying to look like I wasn't participating. I also noticed that if I have to go out with the kids to a function...I can't not eat with them. If I am at home all day, no problem. Hopefully this will get better.

We had alot of rain this past couple of days. I am watching my grass grow. Poor DH has has a little rain in the desert. Odd.

auntie
05-18-2007, 08:50 PM
Hi,
Hope everyone is doing good. I've been trying to do paperwork etc.... for school and get it all caught up. Then we find out that we are having our carpets redone and need to move things off the floors. Oh great!!!! Nothing like adding more to my list, plus teach!!!!

I am so tired. I am so ready for vacation! I'm going to go down to San Antonio on Sunday after I get out. That way I will have a day or two to get some of my stuff done.

Who wants to come clean my bathrooms?

Tammy
05-18-2007, 10:07 PM
Dee, good job on the 4 pounds!!! That is great!! I can understand how you feel about eating when you are with the kids.

Susan, I remember the year that they made us box up everything and move it out of our rooms because they were removing the ceilings because of asbestos. What a pain!!! It was even a bigger pain in the fall because we didn't get back into our classrooms WITH ceilings until the Saturday before school started on Monday. We were NOT happy.

Lets all go for a vacation together!! I'm done cleaning bathrooms.

Tim and I went for a ride earlier looking at car places. Not buying, just looking. I hurt so bad now. I didn't do anything but ride for about an hour. This is crazy! I just took some medicine and I am heading for bed very soon. I just hope Kramer sleeps past 5:00 in the morning.

Tina
05-18-2007, 10:40 PM
I've got to find a new way to scrub my bathtub. Being on my knees really did a job on my left knee. I never have any problems. But, my left knee is swollen. I tried to stay off it some of today. At least it's better than last night.

Sorry Susan, you have to clean your own. :lol:

Dee, I need some of that rain for my gardens.

Tammy, have you looked at the Saturn convertible? I saw one on TV. I want it!!!!

Tammy
05-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Tina, I don't do any of the stuff that requires getting down on the floor anymore. That's Bob's job. Hope your knee doesn't keep causing you problems. My left knee is always the one that I have the most problems with too.

I'll have to check out the Saturn convertible! We don't have a Saturn dealership near here.

I just ate a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich. I think I'm in heaven.

Tina
05-19-2007, 03:02 PM
Oooh, I wish I had a Skinny Cow sandwich right about now. :o
Thanks Tammy, my knee is almost back to normal.
I'll be more careful from now on.

I'm being bad today. I'm not journaling or counting points. Now I must say that everything I've eaten was healthy. I fixed healthy French toast for breakfast and tuna sandwiches for lunch.

Everyone have a good Saturday.

auntie
05-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Howdy,

Well, some friends ya'll are.....;) not cleaning my house! I just finished it. I could have done it last night while Pat was out but I put on my pjs and watch General Hospital. What a life!!!!

Did I tell you that I lost 4.25 pounds this week? However, after yesterday, I might have gained them back. My young girl's mom brought me a birthday cake made out of cupcakes. It was so cute.... we celebrate everyone's birthday's and since mine is in the summer we celebrated early.

Tina
05-19-2007, 05:07 PM
:congrat: Susan that's great that you lost all that weight.

Tammy
05-20-2007, 06:16 PM
Tina, I had french toast on our Michigan trip. I forgot how much I liked it! I'm sure mine wasn't at all healthy!!!

Tim was home, so I feel like I ate too much this weekend. Tomorrow is the retirement shindig for the 3 of us from the elementary who are retiring (or retired for one of us!!). I have no idea what the menu is, but it is being catered and this guy is fantastic! Tim will come home for it, and then go back to school afterwards. I think maybe I shouldn't eat at all during the day because of it. Maybe just salad to hold me over.

Susan, 4.25 pounds is wonderful!!!

Tim just left to go back to school. He has a test in his criminal justice class in the morning. He's going to go back and study for a while, then go to bed early.

Tina
05-20-2007, 08:32 PM
I did good with food today. I had cereal and banana for breakfast.
Then, we went out with a couple after church to a Chinese place. They have a Sunday buffet. I stayed away from anything fried. I mainly had dumplings and lo mein noodles. So now I'm starving!!!
Larry just left to go get some burgers. They won't be that healthy. :lol: But, since I was so good all day, I'm going to enjoy them.

Tammy, drink lots of water and eat that salad tomorrow. Don't worry about the party food. This is for you. Enjoy!

How did everyone do today?

Tammy
05-21-2007, 08:30 AM
Tim and I ate Chinese on Friday night. It was yummy!! How were your burgers?

No plans for today except for the party later. I told Bob that I want to be well rested for it so I don't hurt.

I just ate some Smart Start cereal for breakfast. Small salad for lunch, then the party!!

auntie
05-21-2007, 10:04 PM
Hi,
I hope everyone had a good day. Each day gets BETTER AND BETTER!!! I will be so glad when Thursday gets here.

I LOVE chinese food!!!! I think I could eat it every day.

I went for my appointment today. The endocrinologist looks at all my blood work etc..... and does the exam, he leaves the room and comes back and says "I don't think you have PCOS because your levels are all correct. However, you said something before I left the room that sticks in my mind." I had told him that I was so afraid that I would become diabetic because I am so much like my dad. I am working hard but nothing is happening. So he said "I can give you a medication that is for PCOS and diabetes. It is an elective medication at this point." So we discussed the options and I am going to try it. It Gluophgen?? I go back in 3 months. So we will see.

Tina, did you enjoy your burger?

Tammy, how was your retirement luncheon?

Tina
05-21-2007, 10:26 PM
Ya know, I don't know anyone who doesn't like Chinese food. :D
Now, someone will post that they don't. :o

Susan, I'm glad you went to the dr. today. Are there any side effects to that drug? I hope it works for you.
And, :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: for school being out soon. How is your mother doing?

Tammy, I know you had fun at the party.

Maureen, are you still with us?

auntie
05-21-2007, 10:42 PM
Tina,

He told me to start out taking 1/2 a tablet for about a week. It can cause an upset stomach. Then I add 1/2 in the evening for a week. Gradually working up to 2 tablets a day.

I don't know if I mentioned it but he said they have found this help those who have a predispostion for diabetes and helps them not develop it later. Hopefully it will help.

I'll keep you posted.

Tina
05-22-2007, 11:48 AM
It's Tuesday and it's raining. Yuck!
And, my little finger hurts. :(
Yesterday I was out cutting back stuff in the backyard and got something up under my nail. Larry tried to get it out but made it worse.
This morning, I got out all the surgical equipment :lol: well, it looked like an operating room----and took that thing out!!! It has just stopped throbbing.
I'm feeling sorry for myself here!
Also, I can't make my tracker move in the right direction. It's stuck---I'm stuck and I'm trying so hard.

Thanks for letting me feel sorry for myself. :D

Tammy
05-22-2007, 02:31 PM
The retirement dinner was very nice. They did little skits about the 3 of us, and it was funny! Tim said he was very glad that he came home from school for it. The food was great!! There were 3 cakes decorated for each one of us. We had to guess which one was ours. Mine was trimmed in purple (favorite color) and had a dachsund on top! One of the others mentioned grandchildren (only Sandy has those) and the other one had an RV on it (Deb and hubby just bought one).

I never thought about gifts, but we received a teacher throw, a retirement mug and stuffed frog, flowers, and a $50 gift card! I was amazed! There were about 45 people there including us and our families. The elementary staff has about 35 people, so I thought that was a pretty good turnout.

Susan, keep us posted on how the medicine works for you. It sounds like it would be a good one to take.

Tina, sorry about your finger! I know about getting out all of the surgical equipment. We've done that several times around here.

We bought a new grill yesterday, so Bob and I grilled a steak for lunch today to try it out. Yummy!! We can keep this one right outside the porch so it will be much handier than when we had one before.

It's 85 here today. All the windows are open, and the breeze is blowing through. It feels great!

Tonight is our reunion for the April Emmaus Walk. I'm taking bbq meatballs. I planned to make a dessert too, but I don't know if I'll get it done. Might run to the grocery and get a pie or something. Their bakery is quite good. I have a little bit of the cake leftover from last night, but it would only be enough for a couple people so I guess I shouldn't take that.

auntie
05-22-2007, 10:56 PM
Hi,
Well, I can't tell ya'lll enough how ready I am for a vacation!!!!! Not like I don't tell ya'll.

Tina, I laughed at the surgical equipment. I'm glad your finger stopped throbbing. Poor thing!

Tammy, Purple is my favorite color too!!!1 I'm glad the party turned out nice. It should have been!!!! I'll keep you posted on the medicine.

I'm tired!!! I'm trying to get all my stuff done at school so when we can leave...... I am OUT OF THERE!!!!

I exercised today and Mitch said "Now, when you are out of school, I'm going to work you very hard!!! You are going to do 1 hour with me and then 1 on my own." I thought I was going to fall off the treadmill when he told me.

Tammy
05-23-2007, 02:08 PM
Susan, by any chance, are you ready for a vacation??????? lol
I don't blame you for trying to get everything finished so you can get out of there. I always ended up having to go back in. LOL to Mitch!!!

I am having one of those feel sorry for myself days. I'm just disgusted with how I've been doing in the weight loss area. It has been quite a while since I sat and cried, so I'm making up for it today.

One of Tim's classmates from high school moved to Dayton during high school. He went to live with his dad. He was hanging out with the wrong crowd. Anyway, he was shot in the back of the head last week, and he died yesterday. Tim found out and called us late last night. They were never great friends, but they played little league baseball together and junior high basketball. I feel so bad for his mother. I'm sure she is wondering how things would have turned out if he would have stayed with her.

Remember the man that hit and shoved me at a football game 1 1/2 years ago? Just found out that his daughter (one of my former students) has cancer. It sounds like maybe 6 mo. to 2 years to live. I just talked to her about 3 weeks ago. She found out 2 weeks ago. When I started talking to her, I knew that she wasn't sure whether I was going to be nice or not after what her dad did to me, but she loosened up and was friendly. Her dad is still an ***.

We're getting the van serviced today, so I am without wheels. I should just go take a walk, but the mood isn't helping me "get up and go".

Tammy
05-23-2007, 10:19 PM
After I got the van back, I drove to Wal Mart and spent way too much money. When we moved here we bought light blue towels for the bathroom from JC Penney. Well, they are not looking very nice and unraveling. I bought some new towels at WM. A very pretty blue and definitely not as light as the others.

I thought about something with my weigh loss going in the wrong direction. I started a new BP medicine 2 weeks ago. I've decided that maybe all the gain wasn't just from the vacation. I went on line and checked it out, and weight gain is one of the side effects. Lucky me. This pill is a lower dosage and cheaper than the one that I was on before. That's why it was changed.

Hope you all have had a great day! It was about 90 today. All the windows were open with a nice breeze. I can't believe we haven't had the AC on yet.

auntie
05-23-2007, 10:46 PM
Tammy,

It's ok to be down on weight. I'm right there with you. I know exactly how you feel. I would let your doctor know about how you are feeling. It could certainly be the medication.

I seem to always have towel problems :) They either fade or unravel.

I'm sorry about the boy Tim knows. I know the mother is having a hard time accepting what has happened.

I agree that man is still an ***. I'm sorry that he has cancer but he is still a jerk.

Yea!!!!! tomorrow is the last day!!!! I'm so happy.... I am sure I will have to go back to finish up but I'm hoping that I can get it all done if I work hard tomorrow.

Tina
05-23-2007, 11:37 PM
Evening,
Tammy, I agree with Susan about talking to your doctor. Tell him about gaining weight. He might just put you back on the old medicine OR let you try another one that won't make you gain.

I have a doctor's appt. in two weeks. I've been trying so hard to lose and it just refuses to go further than 2 or 3 pounds.
I just don't understand how some can lose so much----Terry, I'm talking about you! :D

Tammy, when it's 90 degrees here, no one leaves the doors and windows open. :lol:

Tammy
05-24-2007, 05:47 PM
I do need to let the doctor know about this, but I don't know if I want to keep going to him. We've talked about switching, so I guess I need to make a decision soon.

Susan, it isn't the man that has cancer, it is his daughter. I have a card ready to mail to her, and I seriously considered sending her parents a support card, but I don't know if I should.

Woo hoo to being finished at school!! I always had to go back for a couple of days because I had so much junk!

Tina, the old medicine was good, but it is really expensive on this new insurance program. Good luck at your doctor's appointment!! Maybe your doctor will give you some advice for getting that fish to move.

It's about 90 again today, and we have windows open again. I really think I'll be ready to turn the AC on very soon. I'm sure Kramer is too.

Tammy
05-25-2007, 10:20 AM
Well, I wrote a little note of support to the *** and his wife. I am just too nice. lol I already mailed a card to the daughter.

We turned the AC on last night. I couldn't stand it anymore. Bob walked in with sweats and a sweatshirt on after I turned it on though. Oh my!! It will be a long summer!!!

Tina
05-25-2007, 10:46 AM
A/C Some people are cold-natured. My mother was always that way. (Now she does it from habit. She never knows if it's hot or cold.)
Tammy, you are a good person. The guy might not appreciate it but you did your part.

We couldn't live without a/c. I don't see how they did it here years ago. Whenever we go to San Francisco, we make sure the hotel has a/c, a lot don't. Some times we've gone and they were having a heat wave. :lol:

We have some new members over on the Weigh-In thread. I hope they all find their way over here.

Any plans for the Memorial Day weekend??? We are staying home and will work around the house.
Tonight I'm fixing a WW recipe I found online. It's grilled chicken on skewers with satay sauce. I'm not going to make the satay sauce hot, though. I'll let y'all know how it comes out.

Question---why aren't the trackers showing up this morning?

auntie
05-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Hi,
It's my first official day of VACATION!!!! I know there aren't enough smiliey faces to put on here. Pat took the day off, I went to the gym to work with Mitch, then Pat and I went to lunch and then to see Pirates of the Carribean. It's been raining here all day. We need it, come July we'll be dry as a bone.

Tammy, you are VERY SWEET!!!! and Thoughtfull!!! I agree with Tina!!! On both accounts..... we wouldn't survive down here without ac. We've had ours on for a long time now.

Tina, your dinner sounds yummy!

I'm going to San Antonio on Sunday. I'm thinking I'll grill out for Memorial day for my folks and have my sisters come over. I'll be down there a week.

Tina
05-25-2007, 09:50 PM
:carrot: Susan, I'm so happy for you. Vacation! It sounds like you started it off good. How was the movie?

That recipe I told you I was fixing----it was awful. So, I won't be posting it. I just hope I don't get indigestion. :lol:

Tammy
05-26-2007, 08:26 AM
Tina, Bob got up in the middle of the night last night and put on sweats and a sweatshirt. We didn't have the AC on, but we had the windows open. He gets cold so easily lately. I thought that recipe sounded good, but now I won't be asking for it!!

Susan, hooray for vacation!!!!!!!!!!! I want to see that movie! Enjoy your time in San Antonio with your family. I know they'll be glad to see you.

I went shopping yesterday. I bought a really cute shirt, 2 pair of shorts, and 2 pairs of jeans. All in smaller sizes than I've been wearing. Well, the shirt is the same size, but I don't like snug. AND everything was on sale!!! The bill with tax was right at $70, and the real price would have been $130. I thought I did pretty good!! Bob was pleased because he is tired of my "baggy butt" jeans.

Bob is now a trustee at the Eagles Lodge here in town. Every morning he goes in to help count the money from the day before. I'm glad that it is giving him something to do. Since he retired, he hasn't done much of anything. He went there about 7:30, then he is going to an auction. The parents of a couple of his friends passed away, and their estate auction is today. It starts at 9:00. I haven't decided if I want to go or not. One of the boys (men) is moving into the family home. There was a huge cherry bedroom suite in one of the bedrooms. He told his brothers that he'd just buy it so they didn't have to move the damn thing!! I cracked up!!

Tim made out a grocery list last night. He is planning shish-kabobs for tomorrow. He was planning beef and shrimp, and I mentioned chicken. Now we are having all of them. I hope we're inviting some friends over to help eat it!!

Graduation parties start this weekend, so we'll be doing that late afternoon/evening tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!!

auntie
05-26-2007, 09:36 AM
Morning,

Tammy, Tina and I will come eat with ya'll :) I'm glad Bob has something to do too. You have a new name "Miss Baggy Pants" :) do you like it? :D

Tina, sorry the receipe didn't turn out. Hopefully you don't have to suffer from it twice ;)

The movie was GREAT. I love all of them!

This afternoon I have to go to a memorial service for a friend's dad who passed away last weekend. He decided to go off diasyslis and on hospices. He lived about 5 days. My friend is pregnant with her first child, due in Oct. She is using the same dr. I did and has some health problems. So I'm going for moral support along with another friend. I don't think it will be long since it's just a memorial service.

It's raining here. Guess I'll clean some and start packing. I'm anxious to see Mom and Dad. I know I'll be busy but I'll be posting from down there.

Oh, did I tell ya'll on June 9, we are going to the INDY car races. I'm so excited.

have a great day.

Tina
05-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Hi,
Susan, why thank you for a nice birthday present. You are taking me to the races, aren't you!!!
Have a good trip to SA and have fun with your family.

Tammy, I'm also glad Bob has something to do. I've heard it keeps you young to keep busy. :D

I got in my exercise today. I bought lots of plants and dug and planted in the front yard. I need more but not today. I'm all clean now and ready to rest.

What time is supper!!!!!

Tammy
05-26-2007, 06:53 PM
I forgot to tell you that Bob is in the Color Guard for the American Legion now too. He'll be in the parade on Monday that goes out to the cemetary for a ceremony for Memorial Day. He tried on his uniform last night, and he looked wonderful.

LOL to Miss Baggy Pants. I hope someday the new ones will be baggy too!

I hope the memorial service went ok. It's always tough on everyone.
Tim wants to go to the races with you. Would you mind????

Tina, good for you for getting things planted! I can't do that anymore unless I'm putting things in pots and I can sit at a table or the kitchen counter to do it. Anymore I mainly go for hanging baskets. I have 2 geranium baskets out right now.

We'll be having our shish kabobs sometime after the race starts tomorrow. Bob and Tim will be watching it, and I'll probably be reading or napping.

Tim talked to Jess last night, and I think it is really over between them. I don't even know if they'll get back together ever. What happens will happen I guess. I like Jess. I still think they both needed to date other people though.

auntie
05-26-2007, 10:00 PM
Sure everyone can go to the races with us.... I'm sure Pat won't mind :D We've been before and had a blast. The best part is that it's a night race when we go so I won't have to wear sunscreen. I have to use it but I hate the way it feels.... strange I know!!!!

I'm not packed or anything. I guess I'll have to do that sometime soon.

Ok, get this... the dietication tells me she thinks I shouldn't take the medicine right now. She thinks I should wait and see what happens..... Mitch does too. Now remember the dr said it was an elective medicine. So what do you? The dr. did say, I could wait and see what happens with the dietician. I'm so confused now. Oh I was up 1.5 but TOM came that day too. So hopefully I will lose it when I go when I come home. Please give me your opinion and advice!!!!!! I don't know what to do?

auntie
05-28-2007, 12:57 AM
Well, I made it home. Everyone came over for dinner tonight. Amy did most of the work.... well pretty much all of it along with my older sister. I promised them I would do my fair share.

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day! We are driving out to Fort Sam Cemetery tomorrow. My grandfather & grandmother are buried there. It will be neat to see all of the flags.

Thank you to all that serve our country and their loved ones and all to those that have lost loved ones while protecting our country. I admire you all. Thank you for your generous gift!

Mom4kids
05-28-2007, 08:57 AM
It's Memorial Day, I wish I could go to Arlington. That would be such an honor. My DH is in Iraq with part of my unit and of course they don't have a day off. Please remember them and all of my service brethren today.

All is well here in single motherhood. Got some household problems like a leaking faucet, leaking roof, ants....these things don't happen while DH is home. I am working on getting everything fixed before I leave, because when it rains, it pours. Ok, bad joke. The kids are fine, school has two half days left and then it's summer break. Looking forward to that. :dizzy: The kids are excited, they have a busy summer planned.

Take care girls, have a wonderful day.

Tina
05-28-2007, 10:33 AM
:bravo: There were no flag smiley faces so I thought the bravo would do for this day.

Dee, I was thinking about your husband. I hope and pray that he remains safe. You'd better stay safe while you're over there, too. :)
Isn't it the truth that things break when our men are gone!!!

Susan, I'm glad you made it there safely. Enjoy your family. I know you will. Tell that Amy to get herself back online.

Tammy, how was that big meal Tim planned? How is Tim??? I'm sure Bob looks nice in his uniform. Hopefully, you'll have good weather for the parade.

It's sunny here now but it rained a few minutes this morning. Yesterday it flooded. The parks are a mess, not good for picnics with kids.

Everyone have a great holiday!

Tammy
05-28-2007, 01:34 PM
Susan, I'm glad that Pat won't mind if everyone goes to the race with you!! What a guy!!! Tim and Bob went to the Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis a couple years ago when Tony Stewart won it. He's Tim's favorite racer. He owns a dirt track about 20 miles from here called Eldora Speedway.

I agree with the dietician about the medicine. Try to change the eating and see what happens. I'm glad that you were able to make it home to see everyone.

We visited the cemetaries where our parents are buried. We took flags for the one where Bob's parents and brother are. The one where my parents are there were already flags there, so we now have the 2 we took outside our house. Today we went to the cemetary here in town for the memorial service. I must admit that Bob looks pretty good in the American Legion uniform that they wear. He carried a flag. Tim wanted him to carry a gun. Maybe next time.

Dee, it would be so awesome to go to Arlington today. During the ceremony here, I thought about you and your husband, and I'll admit that I had tears running down my cheeks. I think it kind of bothered Tim, but oh well! Hey! We have ants too. And spiders as big as Kramer!!! Well, maybe not quite that big, but I sure don't like them.

Tina, the meal was delicious! We ended up just eating the shrimp cold with the shish kabobs. Tim was a nervous wreck doing everything, but it turned out great! He'll be leaving about 4 to go back to school. Bob just left to head for another town's Memorial Day services. He didn't know until last night that they were doing the 2nd one. He told me to stay home in the AC after walking and standing in the sun this morning. Tim is helping to get a couple things done around here before he leaves. He's a good kid.

Tomorrow I'm planning to go to the end of the year picnic for the 3rd grade where I taught. The teachers invited me to come since I worked with their kids so much this year. I also get my hair colored tomorrow afternoon, so I'm happy about that!! Wednesday Bob is taking my van to get it cleaned inside and out. It really needs a good cleaning, and he talked to a guy here in town who is going to do it for us. On Thursday, I'm going to the 5th grade graduation and picnic. The kids asked me back in Feb. if I would come back for it. Between the 2 events, I'll be running and getting lunches for the teachers. Probably pizza or subs. Yummy.

Well, I need to go put things in the dryer. Hope you are all enjoying the day.

edna354
05-28-2007, 11:16 PM
Hi there everyone....My name is Stacy and I joined your thursday weigh in group and was directed over here also. I will tell ya a little about myself.

I am 36 yrs old and have been married for 8yrs. We have 3 kids ages (6,4,2) and I work the midnight shift full time!!! I am very busy and Im never well rested.

I have tried WW before and have done well. This is my 3rd try and going to be my last (I hope!!!!) I am more focused and determined this time than ever. I hope to get and give lots of encouragement and tips from everyone. Anything good you have please share....I need it!!!:dizzy: :dizzy:

Well enough blah blah blah....thanks for inviting me over and I look forward to getting to know all of you. Thanks again

Stacy:D

Tammy
05-29-2007, 08:05 AM
Welcome to this thread Stacy!!! I'm a couple years older than you, well, maybe a few more than I couple. I just turned 52. lol My hubby and I will be married 26 years on June 19. We have one son, age 19. I just retired the end of Feb. with 30+ years of teaching. Because of health issues, I chose to retire then instead of waiting until the end of the year. I know if was a good decision.

Good luck on WW!! I know if works if you do it right. I don't stick to it like I should, and it shows.

Have a great day everyone!!

Tina
05-29-2007, 12:14 PM
Stacy, welcome to this thread. I'm so glad you found your way over here:)
Wow, 3 children and working at night full time. I don't see how you get any sleep.
Eating enough fruits and veggies and drinking your water are very important to losing. I'm just now "into" eating more f. and v. and it is making me feel better. I just hope the weight will start leaving me, very soon!
Also, journal, journal, journal everything you eat.

How was everyone's holiday weekend?
I don't think I did too bad on the food part. Since I have a dr. appt. soon, I'm really trying to stay good and away from sweets. We had some sugar free ice cream with ff Cool Whip for dessert last night. Not bad.

Tammy
05-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Journaling is my downfall. I know that I should, but I just don't.

Bob came home from the grocery yesterday with a small German chocolate cake and a carton of vanilla ice cream. I really think he is sabatoging my efforts here!! lol I know, I don't have to eat it. I ate a small piece of cake with a small amount of ice cream which is better that I would have done in my past life.

Tina
05-30-2007, 05:26 PM
What was Bob thinking!?! Probably that he was hungry for cake and ice cream. :lol:
Tammy, congrats for having small portions.

Nothing much going on here. I've been eating more fruit lately. Tonight I'm trying a recipe with white beans, tomatoes and onions. You cook it all up for about 5 minutes. I hope it's good. Oh, and I'm using my indoor grill to fix chcken breasts. Hey, I'm making myself hungry.

auntie
05-31-2007, 01:11 AM
Hi Ya'll,

Ok I need to vent. My MOM is driving me NUTS!!!! She once again is being her STUBBORN self!!! Refusing to eat and if she does it's only a bite. Putting more weight on her leg than she is suppose to. She has NO energy..... wonder if it could be because she isn't eating and is only 100 pounds now. So, tonight I picked up some protein powder that was tasteless to add to her milk. She said "I'm not drinking it. From now on, I will fix my own milk." My dad, said you didn't eat dinner. Oh but she says she did, we had bbq and she had 1/4 of an apple with peanut butter on it and only a small amount. Then she went to bed and was pouting. I told Daddy, "I know she is mad at me but we just want her to eat something so she can get some energy and get stronger and heal." He said "she is going to end up in the hospital again if she isn't careful." I'm so tired of her telling me to stop doing things... like she can do it! Not!!!! So I'm going to keep a count of everything she eats tomorrow. My older sister and I are going to figure up the calories and let her doctor know. The home health nurse is coming and her surgeon wants a CBC done. I'm sure she is anemic now. Can you tell I'm frustrated with her???

My food has been pretty good. Not as good as it can be but I'm trying.

We tried to go out to Fort Sam Houston Cemetery to see my grandfather and grandmother but it was so crowded we couldn't get in. Plus my folks can't walk that far now. We are going to go back when we can get closer. Probably on Friday.

Stacey, welcome to the group!

Tammy and Tina, hugs to you!!! What would I do without ya'll?

Dee, I've thought about you over this past weekend. Alot!!!

My best friend was in Washington DC for Memorial Day and saw the president at Arlington cemetery. He said it was awesome.

Have a good evening what's left of it.

Tammy
05-31-2007, 06:24 AM
Tina, I have no idea what Bob was thinking! That is my favorite kind of cake, so it is hard to resist. I haven't had any more of it though. How was the new recipe? If it is good, post it please!!

Susan, I think it's a good idea to let the doctor know how much your mom is eating. I would be frustrated too.

Hoping for a little rain later today. The yards are looking pretty bad, and I know the crops need some rain.

Well, I'm going to go take a short nap. I've been up since 4:15. I'm having trouble sleeping through the night. I'll leave here about 8:00 for the picnic, etc. Should be fun.

have a great day everyone!!

Tina
05-31-2007, 10:01 AM
Morning,
I'm having a hard time with new recipes. :lol: I want to get out of the rut of cooking the same ole, same ole. This new one didn't taste good to us. However, I think I'll fix it again, without the oregano and lemon juice.
Tammy, I'll post the recipe the next time I'm online. You better take care of yourself, girl. Or, I'll have to come up there. :D

Susan, I feel your frustration! Yes, it is a good thing to write down what your mom is eating for the doctor. Maybe he can tell her to drink that Ensure, or whatever. When my father was sick and getting so thin, they told him to drink that Ensure. I'm sure it would help your mom.

How is everyone doing?????????????

Tina
06-01-2007, 11:07 AM
It's time for the June Chatters.
Go there to post.
Thanks!