Old 05-01-2007, 09:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150ish/???/125

Height: 5'2"

Default Another newbie here

HI everyone,
I'm not actually new to 3FC but for some reason I haven't posted on 20-somethings... and this seems like such a cool group! I'm graduating from college at the end of the month.... very exciting.... and my plans are pretty open after that!

I've been on the fence about whether I want to count calories or not... sometimes it makes me just think about food more and get obsessive about it, so I'm not sure. What plans are you guys on?

I'm looking forward to meeting you all.... I recognize some from other boards. Have a good one!!
~Snowbunny
snowbunny2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:31 AM   #2  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

I counted calories religiously last year, and lost 30 lbs., sometimes I looked forward to logging my calories, other times I didn't want to be bothered with it. Now I don't count all my calories but since I did before I know basic calorie values of most foods and I keep a sort of loose idea of how much I've eaten during the day, it helps a lot!
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:55 AM   #3  
In Search of Collarbones

S/C/G: 171/154/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi!! Glad you stopped in!

I am a Weight Watcher. I just started the CORE plan, and I love it. It's basically just eating till you're satisfied from a list of approved foods. So far, so good!

Good luck to you! I know what you mean about counting calories. It just didn't work for me. The thing about weight loss is that it is such a personal journey. There are a few universal truths, but for the most part you just gotta do what fits into your life best if you want any hope of sticking to it. If calorie counting doesn't work for you, then no sense butting your head against the wall!
futurepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 12:14 PM   #4  
Chunky Dunker

S/C/G: 252.8/tick-tick-tickerrrr/215

Height: 5'6"

I count calories and I love it-- I don't like being restricted to a llist of food-- I would rather learn how to balance eating what I want.
WakeMeForSummer is offline   Reply With Quote