LA Weight Loss - LAWL Losers and Friends _ May 2007

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Joni135
05-01-2007, 07:12 AM
I declare this National POP Month!!!
:dust: to get us all started.

Joni135
05-01-2007, 07:20 AM
Okay, Dan. I read your post in the April thread and you have regained your "good guy" status. And by all means, keep the jokes coming. I actually really liked them.

LeaAnn - Great 4 lb loss on TO. I'm down 2 this morning Day 1. Maybe if I throw some Fiber Sure on my food rations today I can get to the 4 mark....I must say, though, I'm loving the grapefruit. It may be a regular fruit exchange.

Boo'sMom
05-01-2007, 07:20 AM
I should have been FIRST this month!! Stupid me--posted on April--it takes me days to switch gears!:mad:

OK--I am copying over here--good job Joni!

Joni--thanks for the membrane info (still an icky word!). God knows I'll try anything. So just what would be your fast food choice? I'm a Chik-fil-a nugget fan myself--yum. It's too early. Joni--you have every right to be upset (and vent--that's why we are here friend!). Nicole is right--she's an ***--and was just plain rude. You need sticker in your car that says "if you are smoking--you had better be on fire". My husband was a volunteer firefighter for years and we had one at home and it solved a lot pf problems before they came up. :devil: No use in you and your belongings stinking! My apologies to the smokers.

Nash Deb--I am so happy to see you back around--we miss you (everyone!) when you take a break. I know when I go MIA or lurk I start doing really badly.

Kristen--hope your tummy is feeling better--guess you and Sharon both had a major "house" cleaning--lol. I wish that would happen to me so it would be easier to resist temptation!

Dan--since we are in total agreement--keep on cracking jokes--lol. Really--even if I didn't agree--I'd laugh. Remember--I am a Texan and I am anti-Hillary.

Well--TO was good--I was down 4.0 this am--so not normal for me and TO. I will say that I think only 2-3 are "real". Saturday night we ate BIG and I had blackened cod and I feel the spices caused the sodium level to be really high. I was definitely at an all time high Sunday morning when I started the TO. So even when I lose 10 and will still be a little higher than at my b-day last yeah--wah wah wah....:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Boo'sMom
05-01-2007, 07:22 AM
Joni--I totally agree on the grapefruit. When I eat it my hunger pangs really diminish. Plus--the weird aftertaste makes me NOT want to put anything in my mouth for a long time--even water tastes wrong. I am going to buy some 100% juice just to keep on hand and see if the occasional sip will have the same effect. WTG on the losses--like I said--i don't think I can count the whole 4 but I will for now!

Joni135
05-01-2007, 08:01 AM
I sent this recipe to Nicole to see if the LAWL Chef would convert / adjust / give us LAWL approved exchanges. This was on the Hungry Girl site this morning and it sure sounds yummy....

Ingredients:
4 packs 100 Calorie Packs Oreo Thin Crisps
3 cups light vanilla soymilk
1/2 a small (4-serving) pkg. JELL-O Sugar Free Fat Free Cook & Serve pudding mix; Vanilla
1 envelope unflavored Knox Gelatin
2 cups thawed Cool Whip Free
2 tbsp. sugar-free chocolate syrup

Directions:
Stir pudding mix into soymilk in a medium-large saucepan. Stirring constantly, bring to a full boil. In a large mixing bowl, combine soymilk mixture with gelatin and whisk continuously for at least 5 minutes (until gelatin is completely dissolved). Place dish in the fridge for about 45 - 60 minutes, until chilled and partially set. Meanwhile, take 1 and 1/2 packs of the cookies and process in a blender or food processor until reduced to fine crumbs (or place them in a sealable plastic bag and crush through the bag with a rolling pin; less clean up!). Place crumbs in a 9" pie dish, and use your hands to spread crumbs along the bottom to cover. Take remaining 1/2 pack of cookies along with 3rd pack and break into pieces; set aside. Once mixture in fridge is ready, stir in 1 and 1/2 cups of the Cool Whip (a wire whisk works wonders) until thoroughly mixed. Next gently stir cookie pieces into the mix. Carefully pour mixture into pie dish and spread evenly on top of crumbs. Return to fridge until set (3 hours or overnight). Once ready to serve, break 4th pack of cookies into small pieces. Sp read 1/2 cup Cool Whip over pie and sprinkle cookie pieces on top. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and prepare to get cookies 'n cream crazy! Serves 8!

Serving Size: 1 slice
Calories: 115
Fat: 1.75g
Sodium: 175mg
Carbs: 20.5g
Fiber: 0.5g
Sugars: 8.5g
Protein: 3.75g

JLem311
05-01-2007, 08:10 AM
hey everyone. day 2 of my TO and it's going well. yesterday i wasn't hungry at all, which with the regular FF (at the beginning of the plan) i have a hard time not eating things i shouldn't. so i was surprised. i love grapefruit, so maybe that's it? :) well, i'm showing down 3lbs from yesterday, but i know that of the 5lbs i gained over the weekend, the majority is water except for maybe a pound...there's just no way for me to gain 5lbs in that short period of time. so i think this TO is good for me. it's definitely helping me shed the water weight faster and i'm not really craving carbs. hopefully, tomorrow will show that i lost the last 2lbs and maybe i can get one more, so i can go to WI and see a loss!

anyways, i've got to get a few things done before work @ 10am. see ya later tonight.

GailR
05-01-2007, 08:46 AM
Hi everyone!

This place moves fast! Trying to catch up on everyone's posts! Whew!

Kudos to those that have losses! I remain impressed with everyone's progress. And even to those that fell off program over the weekend I'm impressed with y'all also as it seems everyone just picks themselves up by the boot straps and carries on. THAT is success too!!

Michelle, :welcome: No sweets?! Are you allergic to sugar? Bless your heart! One of the reasons I think I'm successful on this program is because of the two Lites I get each day. I'm in awe of you!!

Joni, you crack me up! As I read your last posts in April, I spluttered coffee all over my computer screen.

Debbie/Nashville, I'm sending you positive food vibes while you're in Chattanooga.

Sharon, my oldest daughter has the same problem as your DIL. She's allergic to cat dander (reason we never had cats) and her doctor told her if she's ever in an enclosed room with one she will be seeing the inside of an ER. I guess you're getting your exercise in doing all that extra cleaning.

Well, I just learned a few minutes ago when my DH phoned me that he did not get the week of vacation in June he asked for. Guess what? I made reservations YESTERDAY! In fact, he's not even sure which week he will get!! I'm in a bit of a tizzy right now. He says he will know sometime today and will phone me. :stress:

Later...

Angie
05-01-2007, 08:48 AM
Joni – That’s so inconsiderate of your friend, she’s taking advantage of your generosity in letting her smoke in your car. I wouldn’t roll lint for her either! I think though, smokers really just don’t get it, because they are truly addicted to nicotine. My mom doesn’t. She thinks I’m over doing it by not having anyone smoke in the house, or around Cameron. When we go to my aunt’s cottage, she lights up in the living room after I put Cam to bed. Yeah, like smoke doesn’t travel to bedrooms…*rolls eyes*. (I’m an ex smoker too, and probably did some very selfish things too)

Danette – You can have pizza as a carb craver, but only once a week. I probably indulge in that about every other weekend, and it’s a lifesaver sometimes at team lunches for work or when we’re running around doing family stuff.

Dan – Your before and after pictures are astounding. What a difference you’ve made.

Lea Ann – Amazing results on your TO so far! You’re May 25 goal doesn’t seem like such a stretch now.

Kristen – Sorry BK was so hard on your tummy. So tell me, did you have fries? Can you describe the crunchy salty goodness please? ;) My latest junk food that I try to call POP is a turkey burger from Licks, with only half the bun, which I count as 2S…it’s very good, and they offer with a mixed green salad as a side.

Morning Jillian! Good job on your TO too…you guys are going to set records this time around.

zambejaly5
05-01-2007, 09:02 AM
When we go to my aunt’s cottage, she lights up in the living room after I put Cam to bed. Yeah, like smoke doesn’t travel to bedrooms…*rolls eyes*. (I’m an ex smoker too, and probably did some very selfish things too)

My son has asthma and just being where people have smoked has sent him into an attach. We stayed at a hotel once and all they had was a smoking room. so we took it, we were up all night with him. We almost had to go to the ER. and he was never even around the smoke its self just the stinky room. never again!

fan4u2
05-01-2007, 09:03 AM
Good morning all

I was lying in bed last night and was thinking about all the posts I've read since starting my journey to the new ME!!!!! A few of the posts last night said you don't know why you end up cheating and eating foods not on plan!!
Since I'm just starting week 7, I still have the newbie feeling alll excited and want to make my goal. Well I want you all to have that newbie feeling again... SSSSSSSSSoooooooooooooooo I want you to close you eyes..... NO NOT YET KEEP READING LMAO..... I want you to remember the first time you got a big reaction on your weight loss and what that person said to you and how you felt...Do you remember feeling smaller and you could see the changes in your body and just waiting for someone else to notice:o Do you remeber how great it felt...proud ....excited...happy...grinning ear to ear.........I think we all need that feeling again!!!!!

My first big reaction was this sunday when I went to see my MIL for the first time since starting lAWL I didn't tell anyone on my husbands side of the family about my weight loss....I walked into the kitchen and she looked at my face and then looked down my body......giggle....Then said with all kinds of excitment "ARE YOU LOSING WEIGHT" and very proudly I said yes I am 14 pounds gone This has been my best reaction as of yet!!!!

NOW CLOSE YOU EYES...............REMEMBER THE REACTION AND TRY TO GET THAT FEELING BACK

:hug: 's to you all

zambejaly5
05-01-2007, 09:04 AM
I too posted in April first. I was trying to get caught up but then I was just getting behind over here!!! I am still up about 1.5 or 2 from what I lost on TO. talk about a naughty weekend. and now we are all getting sick. I think it is from being in the camper this weekend, DD-7 year old... was getting sick and I think we all were breathing her air, every one of us have it now!

Dan Love the new avatar!!!!!! all I can say is WOW!!! wow wow wow...... you have come a long way buddy.

Angie
05-01-2007, 09:25 AM
Danette -- Yes, thank you for that reminder. I love that feeling, when someone notices a difference...or when you notice your clothes fitting better, or go down a size. I'm comfortably back in a 16, thank God, finally, and it feels great. Yesterday my assisstant said 'wow, I can really tell that you've lost weight in that outfit'...and my 2 yo son said 'momma, i like you!' when he looked at me in the morning. All that feels great, and thank you for reminding me to keep those moments in mind the next time I'm not feeling so motivated!

Lettie -- Oh no....didn't you guys just get over being sick? Poor you!

fan4u2
05-01-2007, 09:42 AM
Your very welcome Angie:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

MomOfThreeTeens
05-01-2007, 09:44 AM
I just LOVE when aunt Flo visits 5 freakin days early! At least that explains why I was up .6 this morning cause I've been good dangit! LOL Oh well, I'll just chug HLW now and just hope for the best at the end of the week!! Hang in there everybody!

Kristen- :-( So sorry your tummy hurts but OMG BK sounds good LOL

zambejaly5
05-01-2007, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrispieD View Post
Attention Attention: FATTY BOOMBLATTY CONFESSION:

"I ATE BURGER KING LAST NIGHT!!! DH and I worked all day, kids went to bed and I was dying for some of my old favorite fast food.. ate BK ( did get the burger with no mayo) BUT my body was in turmoil all night.. no details but I woke up at 2:30 and spent the next 6 hours running to the bathroom.. message sent and received.. we were having one of our days of habit of working hard on house, sitting outside after and having a bevvie and I think my former thinking kicked in but my new body said no way girlfriend.. stick to the fish and salad.. so lesson learned and for those that had a weekend that was not up to par.. welcome to my world"

yikes! that makes my stomach hurt just reading it! Next time you have a hankering for BK, try the BK Veggie, it is POP friendly and won't leave you feeling yucky and it is very yummy, (although I am not sure if all BK's carry them.)

hdsqrl
05-01-2007, 10:02 AM
Hey all! I stuck to plan yesterday and dropped 1.5 of the 2 I'd picked up over the weekend, whew! Send me :dust:, please...I need to keep going!

smjezzy
05-01-2007, 10:07 AM
Greetings all. It's my second day on TO with the grapefruit. I managed to sodium myself up 3 lbs this weekend. I'm sure the pizza had nothing to do with that. And by the way, after not having had it since Feb 26th that was the best pizza I've ever had in my entire life. : )

This morning after day one I'm back down the 3. I know I'm still retaining plenty'o water though so I expect more to flush out today. I'm only doing one grapefruit a day though. Hopefully that won't mess up the results.

So, last night my DS goes up to the video store to rent movies and comes home with a bag of sour patch kids for himself and a massive box of sweet tarts for me. I looked at him, I looked at the sweet tarts, drool started pouring out of my mouth, my eyes began watering, my leg started twitching. I sat debating on whether to compliment him on how thoughtful he was to bring me my all time favorite treat or start throwing large furniture at him for being such a "thoughtless pig", to coin Nicole's term : ). I settled on thanking him, taking a couple (a handful) and handing him the box and asked him to finish the rest. I don't have any clue what that damage is going to be. The calories didn't appear to be too bad so I'm crossing my fingers.

I'm hanging in there though and trying to be good. I'm having such terrible cravings for french fries though. What's up with that?

Sounds like most everyone is doing well and losing WTG on that people! Dan I think you are a fantastic multi-tasker and you could probably handle poo patrol with ease. I have every faith in you. I think you should deputize Wendelina and have your own force. Or maybe Krispie since she's had recent experience. I dunno. It's your force, your call. Hey deputize BOTH!

emmysmom
05-01-2007, 10:17 AM
Juliemarie update for those who haven't checked her blog today...

"So we got word that Josie will be brought to the hotel tomorrow morning at 9am. Wow . . . this is really happening."

How cool is that?

I'm feeling pretty miserable today...bloated...TOM is on its way...blah. So I thought I would check on JM and that brought a smile to my face:). I just want this day to be over...and to stay POP...ugghhh!!!

Kimphin
05-01-2007, 10:21 AM
OK, while I did not post in the April thread, I have been sitting there, wondering why no one is posting today..... damn, I did so well last month.

Well, just had the entrance conference with the State Auditors - they say they will be here for 2 MONTHS!!! Holy crap - They might just as well do my job for me, theyare gonna be here that much. I hate this. I need a new career, but just as well paying. Or win lotto. Or inherit a lot of money. Or all of the above.

So far TO is going OK. I grilled a bunch of chicken last night and baggied up all of my 2 oz portions. My greens were looking a little no-so green this morning, so I had some celery and now have to head out to the store for lunch. I'm hoping for 4 lbs, but will be happy with anything, really.

Golf league starts tonight, so I will be walking 9 holes, I think it comes out to about 2 miles or so, lugging my clubs, so that is my exercise for the day. I bailed on the gym last night - I succumbed to the stress of the meeting this morning and went home. Had liquid fruit.

Anyway - hi to all, everyone stay strong!

zambejaly5
05-01-2007, 10:31 AM
Juliemarie update for those who haven't checked her blog today...

"So we got word that Josie will be brought to the hotel tomorrow morning at 9am. Wow . . . this is really happening."

How cool is that?

I'm feeling pretty miserable today...bloated...TOM is on its way...blah. So I thought I would check on JM and that brought a smile to my face:). I just want this day to be over...and to stay POP...ugghhh!!!

I am so Excited for JM!!! I can't wait to see pictures of her and her sweet little one!!!

Dan2112
05-01-2007, 10:34 AM
Morning gang..

Thanks for the avatar comments.. That was taken a year ago last month.. I had just spent the day outside and was horribly sunburned, and was getting over a cold sore, so not only was I big, I was also having a VERY bad day... I took the picture so I could get a good look at the sunburn...

Can't believe it's already May...

Dan2112
05-01-2007, 11:17 AM
Sorry for the double post, but I had to mention....

The "Year of Music" continues today, with the release of Rush's new CD - "Snakes and Arrows"...

For old time Rush fans, it's a celebration of retrospection with an eye on the future. New sounds blended with old, resulting in one of their most mature efforts.

For potential Rush fans, the mix of textures and complex blending of sounds is a feast for the senses... Straight forward rock, mixed with acoustic jams, a hint of blues and good old fashioned "Prog"... You will understand why Geddy, Alex and Neil are considered true masters of their instruments.

I dare you not to enjoy it...

http://www.rush.com

Angie
05-01-2007, 11:47 AM
Tina -- Thanks for mentioning that, I can't wait to go check it out!
Hope you feel better.

Kim -- Auditors are so grrrrreat! Right? Haha, I know we had a BIG bank audit last year...not fun at all.

mamato2girls
05-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Good morning!! Been a pretty good day so far. I'm working at home today to give my eyes a break from the fluorescent lighting and yucky work air. Plus, I went to Muffins with Mom at my daughter's school this morning. I was good. Just had half a muffin (1S, you think???) and a small cup of apple juice. After the breakfast, we went to DD's room, and they had some cute things made for us in the classroom. They put together this nice thing all about their mom's. Thankfully, DD only said I was 2 years older than I really am, but one kid said that he thought his mom was 98!!! Kids are so funny.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to do a round of TO since I'm so close to goal. I haven't had good results in the past, so not sure I want to go through the torture. I tend to get "backed up" (TMI, I know), so it always takes a few days for things to even out again. Don't think I'll try it with grapefruit, though. I do like it, but I don't think I can eat it 3 or 4 times a day for two days!!

Dan - Love the new avatar! You have come a long way.

Oh, and I've been reading JM's blog, too. How exciting that she will be getting Josie tomorrow!! Hope everyone has a great day!!

Boo'sMom
05-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Angie--from your lips.... Considering I weighed 158.8 on my last birthday (for about 30 minutes I think!) I am a long way from where I should be. That's what I get for bragging about how easy 160-162 was to maintain--stayed there (happily) forever then looked up one day and had gained 10!! Anyway--back on the trail.

Joni--too funny--I copied the Oreo HG recipe this morning too! Sounds yummy.

Jillian--great job on your TO so far--I liked it with oranges but I liked it even better with grapefruit.

Gail--that stinks about the vacation--hope you can cancel your reservations without any problems.

Danette--thanks for the reminder--I am afraid I've "lost that loving feeling" but I need this newbie approach again!

Lettie--don't let anyone touch your computer--no germs!! Hope everyone gets well soon. What a horrible time of the year for sickies.

Megan--I can't spare much but I'll share all I have!!

Shannon--you did great. I would have thrown furniture!

Tina--thanks so much for the JM update--HOW EXCITING!!!!! I can't check it at work so I am glad to hear the scoop. I can't even imagine. All this talk about TOM and I can feel myself getting all puffy--thanks--lol.

Kim--2 ounces?? I eat 3 on TO. Have fun at golf--pretend it's the auditor's head! I am jealous--I only get to play in the summer at my folks so the girls can stay with grans.

Okay--I gotta get busy--have a room full again today--it's not looking good for the rest of the year! Still POP (since sunday--big deal)--haven't been able to say that in months! Later gators!

Boo'sMom
05-01-2007, 12:13 PM
Wendy--that sounds like a fun time with the kids. At Open House for my 1st grader the kids had all done an "All About Me" poster and one little boy put Hooters (logo and all) as his favorite place to go! We just about died laughing. Bet his mother was so proud....

smjezzy
05-01-2007, 12:19 PM
For those of us who didn't bookmark it the first time it was posted......grrr....
http://vietnam-adoption-journey.blogspot.com/
It's bookmarked now!

Dan - WOW on the new avatar. Very handsome, you should be very proud of yourself

Jason - I know you can do it. I think you're right, you've learned what you need to know, it's just a matter of doing it.

Wendy - you're almost there yougogirl

Angie - I've had my fill of auditors when I worked for the state. What a royal waste of time. I'm sure it's a good thing and keeps things on the up and up but it was certainly a lot of work.

Kim - the golf sounds like it would be a lot of fun and good exercise. I worked all weekend and was just too tired last night to do water aerobics. I did walk the Winkster though so I got a little more exercise in and I still walk a couple times a day at work. I am just completely exhausted right now and praying for a weekend this week. I need one day down time or I'm wiped out the entire next week.

Megan - WTG on sticking with the plan. Seems to get harder and harder to do. Think I'll try that eye closing, remembering my response at my first weigh in thing someone mentioned. That was a rush.

I miss Cassie. I think she should be required to post once a day. Even if she is trying to squeeze 68 hours into 24. : ) Hope you're well Cassie and enjoying school.

To everyone else good morning and I hope National POP month is a wonderful success for us all.

MomOfThreeTeens
05-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Leann- I have 14 in ISS today. With TOM showing up this morning they've all been giving me evil looks. Guess I'm being meaner than usual. Man I hate that! LOL I keep telling them ISS is punishment, not 7 hours of free time. I warned them when they came in this morning that by the end of the day they would all hate my guts and I probably wouldnt like them very much either! LOL

Repo girl
05-01-2007, 12:31 PM
Hi guys! Just a quick check in. Life has been insane the past few days. I have been taking the Phentramine, hardly eating. This morning I ate a big POP breakfast before my pill so that I would be able to get a head start on food. SO weird not feeling hungry, yet feeling so thirsty that I could die. I know that I still need to get all of my food in, so I am going to make my best effort today to get it done!

Have a great POP day all, and I promise to stop getting so behind that I cannot do personals!

mamato2girls
05-01-2007, 01:11 PM
Lea Ann - LOL!!! She also put on the poster that on the weekends "I love to clean" What????....and that my favorite food is crab cakes. I actually do not like seafood, but I had some once and commented that they were pretty good. Tee hee...

Joni135
05-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Katie - I was just thinking we hadn't heard from you. Hope things get back to normal soon. Back in April I posted about an article I read and wondered if you had read this guys book - "Dr. Neal Barnard's Program for Reversing Diabetes?" Sounds like you are taking a miracle pill, but you are right, ya gotta eat!

GailR
05-01-2007, 02:47 PM
I know as I sit here typing this post there will probably be more posted from where I left off reading. :dizzy: But one can try...

Megan, good for you! Good loss! You want some dust? :dust: There it is! :)

Shannon, craving french fries? Could that be coming from the TO you're doing? :dust: If you are still craving them after the TO, plan a carb craver meal.

Tina, you will stay POP! :dust:

Dan, you've come a long way--good job! If you're going to post a "before" picture one might as well post a really bad one...but I don't think your "before" picture is bad! But I can see the difference that's for sure! Good job! :)

Kimphin, walking a golf course carrying a bag of clubs is great exercise!

Lea Ann, I was able to transfer the reservation to the week before but at a higher cost!! I was informed prices went up today--first day of the month!

Tomorrow is WI and I'm looking forward to stepping on that scale! :D

Later!

zambejaly5
05-01-2007, 02:53 PM
just back from WI......... it was as bad as I expected if not worse. up 3.2, I don't know I ever want to do TO again this happens everytime. in the end I only lose as much as if I had been POP for the whole time.

I am in between flower deliveries right now, and really feeling the old sickie bug. think I will go lay down for a while

Dan2112
05-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Thanks again for the avatar comments...

What's weird is that I never really noticed that my face is uneven... It may be the way that I smile, but seeing the "big" picture really makes it stand out compared to the current look..

Well.. Not sure if I'll be back today... Lots to do and i'm on the road tomorrow.. and can't remember if the place I'm staying has internet... I suppose you'll just have to go on without me.. But at three pages already on the first day of May, I'll have to do a lot of catch up when I return..

Become one with your POP...

Wendelina
05-01-2007, 03:59 PM
Well I seem to have the same problem, Lettie.. I just returned from WI and I'm up 2.4! What a bummer.

Wendelina
05-01-2007, 03:59 PM
Dan - your old photo looks a bit "hungover" :-) Must be the sunburn.

Mama Nicole
05-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Hey everyone........
Sorry to everyone who had a gain today. That just sucks. Don't let it get you down (tells self.....).

I just read JM's blog too.........now, can anyone tell me what time it is in Vietnam right now?

So, I didn't even realize it was May.........and I have a May Day poem........are you ready???

Hooray, hooray, it's the first of May......outdoor *&#$@#* starts today!!!

I know.......it's the writer in me........just can't stop myself sometimes. Actually, I cannot take credit for this one.......my mom taught it to me years ago.......LOL.

I am anxious to hear from Cassi too. I hope you are not wearing yourself out too bad, Cassi.

I am SOOO happy to see you bustin your butt again, Lea Ann!!! I love it whe you are avidly posting, and congrats on your huge TO success. I didn't even realize that Joni had declared May national POP month....and I started a FF this a.m. I didn't even get on the sclae, and I am going to try try try to wait until Monday to do so. I don't know if I will make it that long, as we all know I am an addict......but I intend to try......really hard.

Kim.....I have never golfed, but I am sure I would suck at it......as I have impaired depth perception. I guess on driving a lot. Scary, I know.

Dan, I have not yet read your Gore joke, I must have missed it, but I am going to try to go back and find it. I love political jokes. New avatar is fab, and why haven't we heard from Liz?

Kristen........I, personally love BK......and it NEVER makes me sick. I am sorry the King (not you Jason), failed you. I would say better luck next time, but that wouldn't really be right, now would it. I see you lost another pound. WTG, girlie!!!

Katie.....please eat. LOL.

Jason.......Joni is already our King......so I wouldn't get too crazy with the tin foil crown......LOL. Glad you have really applied your good eating habits even when you are not POP.

Well, I have to run.........the laundry is not going to do itself. Every time I talk about laundry, I think of Lettie and Wendy....LOL. Anyway......I will check back later......and hello to everyone I didn't personally address. I will try to stay caught up so that I can visit with all of you more.........I adore you all!!!!

Dan2112
05-01-2007, 04:28 PM
^^ Liz is MAJORLY busy at work with a programming assignment and just doesn't want to pick up the computer when she gets home at night.. Kind of like that old Gynocologist joke.. Ok.. Sorry.. No more jokes.. :lol:

As for me.. Obviously I haven't left the office yet.. Millions of things to do and yet I'm here posting.. What the **** is wrong with me?

hdsqrl
05-01-2007, 04:30 PM
*excited*

So far, am POP for two days in a row. Hooray for POP month!!! :cheer:

Mama Nicole
05-01-2007, 04:37 PM
^^ Liz is MAJORLY busy at work with a programming assignment and just doesn't want to pick up the computer when she gets home at night.. Kind of like that old Gynocologist joke.. Ok.. Sorry.. No more jokes.. :lol:

:nono: :joker: :lol:

Mama Nicole
05-01-2007, 04:38 PM
Ok, well, tell Liz we all say, "HI!"

Repo girl
05-01-2007, 05:14 PM
Haha, funny, funny, Nicole and Dan.

Nicole- GL with FF. "You can do it! You can do it all night long!"

Joni- I have not read that book. I get info overload kind of easy.

Gail- GL at WI!

Mama Nicole
05-01-2007, 05:44 PM
Katie.....so I know this is bad...but ever since you mentioned your new WL meds........(can't remember the name), all I can think is...."I feel the need, the need for speed......" I am so twisted.......LOL.

Repo girl
05-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Haha, scary to say, but that is about how I feel every morning until I take them. Wonder what my center is gonna say about taking these? Think I should tell them?

Wendelina
05-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Dan must be addicted to us Losers or something.. :-)

juliemarie
05-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Hey guys-I got up at 4 am this morning-which is actually the latest I've slept since I've been here-and am killing time waiting for Josie! So-I thought I'd pop in here for a sec.

The jet lag finally came to a head for me last nite-yesterday afternoon I realized I had only slept about 13 hours since leaving Portland last Friday morning. I keep staying up all day (no naps!) thinking i'll be able sleep a full nite's sleep, only to wake up after 5 hours at most. So-the first morning i got up at 1am, 3am the next day, and 4 am this morning. I did finally sleep a full 8 hours last nite though-thank goodness. Who knows what my sleep schedule will be from now on . . .

So in about 4 hours I will have my little girl . . .she's bring brought to the hotel this morning at about 9am (that's 7pm tues nite, pacific time).

I hope you are all doing well-forgive me for not perusing the posts to catch up . . .

Debbie367
05-01-2007, 06:44 PM
Of course I just posted to the April thread...duh!

Repo girl
05-01-2007, 06:44 PM
Yahooooo! So great to hear from you JM! I hope that your "Gotcha" moment is filled with magic that you will never forget!

Debbie367
05-01-2007, 06:51 PM
Ditto!

juliemarie
05-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Thanks guys! I just finished my first pot of french-pressed coffee and am considering making another . . . .by the time Josie gets here I will be talking 1000wpm . . .

So-keep me distracted! Jokes, anything! Anything you want to ask about Vietnam?

JLem311
05-01-2007, 07:07 PM
so excited for you JM! :)

JLem311
05-01-2007, 07:08 PM
what types of foods have you been eating over there? anything interesting or weird?

juliemarie
05-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Nothing weird yet . . .I've had some yummy noodle/meat/veggie dishes, fish Galanga (steamed in banana leaves), Vietnamese beer (nothing to write home about), Udon/prawns/chili sauce . . .we have some fruit here that I haven't tried yet-it looks like a cross between a lime and an orange.

BTW-they do eat dog here-another family posted this horrible picture of a pile of skinned (and cooked?) dogs on their blog. I about hurled!

juliemarie
05-01-2007, 07:14 PM
So-how many ounces of dog meat do you think one could eat on plan? Anyone want to ask the COD? :D

JLem311
05-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Nothing weird yet . . .I've had some yummy noodle/meat/veggie dishes, fish Galanga (steamed in banana leaves), Vietnamese beer (nothing to write home about), Udon/prawns/chili sauce . . .we have some fruit here that I haven't tried yet-it looks like a cross between a lime and an orange.

BTW-they do eat dog here-another family posted this horrible picture of a pile of skinned (and cooked?) dogs on their blog. I about hurled!

omg..no wonder i'm a vegetarian! how sad!

SaskNewfie
05-01-2007, 07:54 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I had to mention....

The "Year of Music" continues today, with the release of Rush's new CD - "Snakes and Arrows"...

For old time Rush fans, it's a celebration of retrospection with an eye on the future. New sounds blended with old, resulting in one of their most mature efforts.

For potential Rush fans, the mix of textures and complex blending of sounds is a feast for the senses... Straight forward rock, mixed with acoustic jams, a hint of blues and good old fashioned "Prog"... You will understand why Geddy, Alex and Neil are considered true masters of their instruments.

I dare you not to enjoy it...

http://www.rush.com

A good old Canadian band! You know, I was never a big Rush fan...I do like the songs I hear, but never bought an album yet. I did hear their new single (can't remember name), and it was really great...definately had a modern edge to it. Now, if you want to hear an awesome Canadian band from Newfoundland, try Great Big Sea. I'm partial to them because I'm from Newfoudland, but I can guarantee you wouldn't be able to sit still at one of their concerts.

Repo girl
05-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Oooooh dog meat. Can you even imagine? JM, I read on your blog that you cannot even open your mouth in the shower for fear of their water. What is the big problem with the water?

juliemarie
05-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Katie-I think it's similar to water issues in Mexico-there are bacteria in the water. Most folks end up with at least one bout of GI issues while they're here-it's impossible to not have any contact with the tap water in some form. That's why we're told to stay away from the street vendors-even though when it's hot-a bag of cut up pineapple sure looks good.

just being careful-I have a baby to take care of-don't have time to be sick!

Joni135
05-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Julie - so good to see you chatting just hours before Josie's arrival. When they bring her to the hotel, is that for good, or does it start with just visits? I cannot even imagine how you must feel at this moment.
Your hotel views look quite nice, but I, too, could do without all the traffic. I always forget how crowded other countries are. Makes me appreciate our crazy country all the more.
Here's to a healthy stay in Hanoi.
I'm watching American Idol right now (I'm 11 hours behind you here in Atlanta so it's only 8:55 PM)...Bon Jovi is the featured artist. Some of the underdogs are really shining tonight. Melinda is still my favorite...she'll get my vote tonight; maybe Jordin too. Heck, they really all were good.
Can't wait to see current pictures of the newest "Chick" (aka Josie)....tell mom we want to see her picture too!

Joni135
05-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Oh, you can only imagine my horror at the dog meat reference. I may have to join Jillian and go vegetarian one of these days. I hate it when I actually stop and think where my yummy burger, steak, etc. come from.

juliemarie
05-01-2007, 09:02 PM
No-it's for good when they bring her . . .

As for the traffic-i'm going to try to get a video of the Old Quarter-the traffic by the hotel is nothing compared to it. Although-I almost got hit my a car crossing the street yesterday. Even in a crosswalk-they DON'T stop for pedestrians-they just weave around you and scare you to death. Seriously-my heart jumped up so far in my throat . . . Also-they don't just go one direction-you have to be watching both ways when you're crossing-they come out of nowhere.

I'll also be able to watch AI tonite (don't know if I will or not) . . . .

one more hour . . .

juliemarie
05-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Oh-and I made sure i know the word for dog meat-so I DON'T order it accidentaly-pho comes with beef, chicken or dog . . .

juliemarie
05-01-2007, 09:32 PM
30 minutes . . .

I feel like I'm going to throw up.

Angie
05-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Nicole – I think I’d love your mom, that’s so funny! They should make a greeting card for that.

Dan – Ha! You’re funny today.

Juliemarie -- Thank goodness you finally got a good nights sleep. I’m so excited for you and I’m awaiting the story of you and Josie meeting, the same way I usually wait to hear a birth story from a girlfriend. This is more exciting though, because it’s not something that we get to be a (remote) part of every day. I hope everything goes smoothly! By now you’ve been with her a few hours and I can’t help but imagine what overwhelming, emotional, beautiful moments these must be for you. Omg, skinned dogs…brrr…gives me chills, the bad kind. I’ve never had the b@lls to ask my Pilipino friend if they ate dog there, but I know she thinks it crazy to have one as a pet! The water thing must be such a pain in the bum…did you have any shots for that kind of thing before you left? Can you get Imodium there? Lol. What’s the shopping like? Are the stores similar to what we’d see here in North America?

Jason – I love Great Big Sea, awesome band.

Joni – I loved Melinda tonight, and also Blake…I loved what he did with his song.

Angie
05-01-2007, 09:39 PM
I guess it hasn't been a few hours yet! Any minute?

Debbie367
05-01-2007, 09:49 PM
Oh I am so excited for JM and Josie!!!! I guess we won't hear from one once she gets that precious little girl in her arms...can't blame her.

As for AI...Blake totally rocked!!! I thought Phil did an excellent job, as well. He's not my fav but I want to give him credit. Bon Jovi is hard to sing.

Joni135
05-01-2007, 09:57 PM
JM
30 minutes . . .
I feel like I'm going to throw up.
Oh, please don't do that...first impressions are so important on first dates with a guy and your new baby! But I feel the same way you do right now?
It's like I want to see pictures your mom takes on your blog before you go to lunch. I want to see what dress you put her in. I wish you moments of pure bliss.

mamato2girls
05-01-2007, 10:56 PM
Oh, JM, I'm so excited for you!! By now you have her. Can't wait to hear more!!

Wendelina
05-02-2007, 12:26 AM
Oooooo !! How exciting! JM will by now for sure have Josie!! That's just wonderful.

Not so good about the dog though! (As I pet my Yorkie)

juliemarie
05-02-2007, 01:09 AM
Real quick-she's beautiful, just perfect! Hasn't cried at all. Spent a hour on skype/webcam with all the fam. She just had a little bit of a bottle and fell asleep holding her teething ring (her first "toy"). I'll get pics/video as soon as I can.

zambejaly5
05-02-2007, 05:04 AM
Yea! JulieMarie I am so happy for you, give Josie lots of kisses from all us Chicks and Roosters, I wish we could all throw you a real baby shower and pass her around, Congrats on being a mommy!

JLem311
05-02-2007, 07:37 AM
Real quick-she's beautiful, just perfect! Hasn't cried at all. Spent a hour on skype/webcam with all the fam. She just had a little bit of a bottle and fell asleep holding her teething ring (her first "toy"). I'll get pics/video as soon as I can.

awww! i got goosebumps when i read this! yay! so excited for you! congrats mommy!:bb: :congrat: :yay:

JLem311
05-02-2007, 07:41 AM
good morning. well, the grapefruit TO results are in for me: i lost 5lbs (so i'm back to what i was on saturday before my not-so POP weekend started. yay! i was hoping for just one more pound, but i'll definitely take what i got!
so, i'm happy with the results and doing the TO wasn't as hard as i thought it was going to be. i'm not able to go to WI today, but i will on saturday, so hopefully i'll be down even more by then.

it's my day off today, so not much planned except for cleaning the house, laundry and working out.

be back later!

Joni135
05-02-2007, 08:01 AM
Juliemarie got a quick post and picture up on her blog.......check it out.
Made me cry.......Josie is beautiful!
http://vietnam-adoption-journey.blogspot.com/

Joni135
05-02-2007, 08:08 AM
Nicole - did you ever find out if you get to go to Germany with your DH?

Katie - are things less hectic for you?

We've got MamaNicole, can we call you MamaJuliemarie now? Let the joys of motherhood begin!

Hi Kristen, Cassi, Kims, Debs, Wendys, Dan, Jason, Angie, Megan and the rest of you out there. I need to go hop on my treadmill before the day gets away from me.

GailR
05-02-2007, 08:24 AM
Good morning everyone! :)

Yesterday evening, DH and I rode our bicycles in the neighborhood instead of walking. I am sore. Today, my youngest granddaughter will be here with me and I'll be running after her--more exercise that I usually do not do.

I'm sorry to hear that a couple gained and going through TO to have that happen is just not fair! Perhaps the weight loss will show in a couple of days? Our bodies can be mysterious at this things at times! Hang in there.

JulieMarie, we haven't "met" yet (as I'm new here) but I took a peek at your daughter and...she is just precious! I know you can't wait to bring her back to the States and get her settled at home. :)

I need to go get ready for the day before GD#2 (3 1/2 yo) arrives. Once she's here all my attention is focused on her. :)

Later...

Mama Nicole
05-02-2007, 09:12 AM

She is just perfect. Thank you for sharing this with us!!! Can we call her our neice? She doesn't have to call me Aunty Mama Nicole.........she can call me what all of my other neices and nephews call me....Aunty Cole. Enjoy your first day of motherhood......and try try try to get some rest. I know you won't...........just try to remember to sleep when she sleeps......she needs a healthy mom (I always sucked at the whole resting bit). Oh, and sorry about the dog meat. That's just GROSS!!!
XOXO

mamato2girls
05-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Oh, Juliemarie, Josie is beautiful!!! And, your videos made me cry. I'm so happy for you!!!....MAMA!! :hug:

Well, my eyes are doing much better today. I'm in the office, and the lights and air don't seem to bother me quite as much. Maybe I won't use a gallon of drops today!! Reading tiny print is getting easier, too.

Going in for WI today. My BNWI at home was lower than on Monday, so I'm hoping the scale will be kind at COD.

Hello to Joni, Nicole, Jillian (WTG on the loss!!), Lea Ann, Kristen, Dan, Jason, Cassi, Shannon, Allanah, Wendelina, and everyone else I know I missed!!!

katiebug77
05-02-2007, 09:30 AM
Good morning guys. Glowing bride checking in.... I'm sure I have a million things to catch up on. Just wanted to share that the wedding was beautiful and we are already missing Jamaica. Have not been to the COD yet, but home sclae shows me up 3 lbs, which is not too bad, as I have very much induldged this past 2 weeks . I've decided to do TO, so it's day 1 on the juice for me, yuck. Lots of posts to read. I have missed you guys :)

Joni135
05-02-2007, 09:32 AM
Oh Katie (Mrs. Newbride!). Welcome back. We had a toast in your honor....it was quite the celebrated event. Your avatar picture is so cute. Your dress looks beautiful. You do too. Glad to have you back and if all you gained is 3 lbs, you'll have that off in no time! We've missed you.

Kimphin
05-02-2007, 09:32 AM
Katie!!! Glad you had a wonderful wedding - I see that the weather was a lovely Jamaican day - we need details!!!!!!

PS - we did a whole thread for your wedding last Wednesday - go back a few pages and check it out.

katiebug77
05-02-2007, 09:39 AM
I will definitely share pics and I will make sure to read the threads... you guys are the best!!!

hdsqrl
05-02-2007, 10:06 AM
Aww, such happy news to start the day with!! :D
:congrat: to everyone!

smjezzy
05-02-2007, 10:24 AM
What a nice thing to wake up to this morning. I'm a bit depressed today so seeing these happy posts helped take some of my edge off.

JM - I just can't even tell you how happy I am for you. She is adorable and I can't imagine how happy you must be right now. The video brought a tear to my eye...or seven... Such an exciting and emotional time for you. Be strong though, no dog. It's not on the plan, VERY high in fat, dairy and starch. Give Josie a big hug for us. She's a lucky little girl.

Katie - The avatar is beautiful. Like JM this was a very exciting and happy time for you. You looked beautiful and I wish you a lifetime of happiness.

Not good news for me and TO. When I weighed this am I'm still 1 lb heavier than I was Saturday. I guess the good news is that Monday I was 4 lbs heavier. I'm curious where the 4 lbs came from though. One starch here and extra dairy there. Really sucks considering that even with the extra starches etc. I'm never going over 1200 calories a day. I'm pretty sure my water weight is gone now so in essence I've just lost water weight and still gained a pound. With the amount of overtime I've been working I'm too tired to go to the gym this week. I've tried to keep up the walks but I guess my body depends on 3+ hours to lose anything. I should never have started the exerise so early in the diet!!!

I'll never get to onederland at this rate. I am going to continue trying to stay pop and not waver and hopefully I will start losing again.

KrispieD
05-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Shannon it's called the unexplained 4 lbs curse.. I did have a cheat on the weekend but paid for it dearly physically.. but today at WI I was up almost 4 lbs too.. as soon as I get out of jail for accosting the sclae at COD I will be working my butt off.. literally.. so don't fret.. it will come off. I think when I am sleeping someone comes and injects huge amounts of sodium into my veins!

Repo girl
05-02-2007, 10:33 AM
Morning all! Wow, tons of great news this morning. There are 2 Utubes on JM's blog now. Josie is so freaking cute. She has her laying on the bed tickling her, Josie is squealing and laughing. So great. Her "Gotcha" moment in the lobby made me cry.

Katiebug- Congrats to you! Your avatar is just beautiful.

I am just still keeping on, managed to get all but 1/2 a dairy, 1 fruit, and 4 veggies in yesterday, so I did much better on food.

Question- Do any of you know much about antiques? I have a few pieces that I just aquired from a storage unit that I need some help with.

mamato2girls
05-02-2007, 10:35 AM
Katie - Welcome back!! Glad everything went well. Your new avatar is beautiful.

zambejaly5
05-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Katiebug your wedding picture is so pretty! glad you had a great time,

you all must check out JM's blog and see the video! oh josie is a sweetheart, love the giggle.

Still real sick here, coughing, hacking, dizzy, nausous, snotty nose, sore throat. the whole nine yards.

k, going back to bed....... too dizzy. the up side.......... no appetite!

smjezzy
05-02-2007, 11:05 AM
Shannon it's called the unexplained 4 lbs curse.. I did have a cheat on the weekend but paid for it dearly physically.. but today at WI I was up almost 4 lbs too.. as soon as I get out of jail for accosting the sclae at COD I will be working my butt off.. literally.. so don't fret.. it will come off. I think when I am sleeping someone comes and injects huge amounts of sodium into my veins!

I'll bet it's Dan.

emmysmom
05-02-2007, 11:15 AM
Juliemarie - I can't even express how happy I am for you. I've watched your videos (many times) and it's just sooooo overwhelming. Congratulations on being a mommy!!!!! You have an absolutely adorable baby girl. And THANK YOU for allowing us to share this incredible journey with you. I'll be looking forward to all the cute stories you'll have in the months and years to come:)

Katiebug - Welcome back Mrs!! You look beautiful on your avatar...can't wait to see more pics!

Well, I'm up 0.4 today...I'm sure it's from TOM. But, ya know, with all this great news this morning, I don't even care any more!

JLem311
05-02-2007, 11:19 AM
hey katie! welcome back!

Angie
05-02-2007, 11:35 AM
I checked out Julie’s blog too…I was all teary eyed at their meeting, and especially when I heard her giggle while JM was tickling her. What a sweet little girl.

Jillian – 5lbs is awesome, you must feel great! Now, don’t do what we all seem to be doing and blow it in food-celebrations…lol.

JM – It’s so cute that she likes her little teething ring. Does she have any stuffed animals? I bet she’ll love those!

Katiebug – Welcome back! I love your new avatar pic. I bet you miss Jamaica, who wouldn’t? Can’t wait to hear all the details about the wedding and honeymoon.

Kristen/Shannon – Sorry you were up 4 – how sucky is that?

Really sucks considering that even with the extra starches etc. I'm never going over 1200 calories a day.
Shannon, maybe the problem is that you’re not getting enough calories. I’ve read that nobody should eat less then 1200 calories per day (not even someone who weighs 110lbs!) or you just won’t be taking in enough for your body to function properly. Maybe check out some of the online calculators that help determine the number of calories you need per day based on your height/weight and activity level.

smjezzy
05-02-2007, 11:41 AM
If I stay on plan that's what it comes out to. I don't do lites, that would bump the count up but they said I'm on the highest plan so I took that to mean the red w/o lites plan. They know I don't do the lites. The only way I see to bump it up is eating red meat instead of chicken. Unless Spar* isn't counting my calories right... Seems I eat enough to be gettin gmore calories in than this. I think I'll try the fitday and compare the counts.

Oh what was the peanut butter you guys were raving about? I've been using Smuckers Organic but I think it's way too high in fat. (I don't do it often) I seem to recall whatever it was it could be ordered online because we don't have it here. There was also a "trader" something that people were raving about. Chips or something. Please repost these so I can look them up and bookmark them.

Mama Nicole
05-02-2007, 11:50 AM
Nicole - did you ever find out if you get to go to Germany with your DH?

HOLY CRAP......guess who's going to Germany?????

I am freaking out right now.......DH just called me, and it is confirmed, I am going to Germany on September 27!!!! It is only for 5 days......but really, that is better than a week, cuz I was having a hard time thinking of leaving my babies for a whole week. OMG, I am sooo excited. My DS and DM are going to come stay with the kids, and OMG, I can hardley believe it. The last time DH and I were on vacation together w/o kids was 6 years ago on our honeymoon in St. Lucia!!! Wow.......I guess I better stay OP, as it is almost possible to get to my goal by then. Well, there's some motivation, huh? Unreal. Things like this just don't happen to us. Ok, I will try and chill out now..........I just couldn't wait to tell you all........and Joni, it is so crazy that you asked today..........cuz I just found out about it a few minutes ago!!!

smjezzy
05-02-2007, 11:51 AM
Congrats Nicole! Email us some beer when you're there

Mama Nicole
05-02-2007, 11:55 AM
Oh, Katie.....I didn;t even read posts before I exploded............you look so beautiful in your wedding dress. If you have time......post it in your profile a bit bigger so we can see it better. Congrats on the wedding, and congrats on getting right back OP!!!

Hi Kristen :)

JLem311
05-02-2007, 11:58 AM
yay nicole!!!! :)

MomOfThreeTeens
05-02-2007, 12:06 PM
WOW all kinds of good news going on today!

Katie- welcome home, you were a gorgeous bride!

JulieMarie- I'm so happy for you! Congrats new Mommy!

Nicole- OMG thats so great! You deserve a trip and some alone time! Nothing like kicking motivation in to high gear! LOL

WI at the COD was kinder to me than my Home scale WI. I was only up .2, I'll take that as a positive with TOM making an appearance early! I decided to do a TO the next 2 days just to keep my munching in check with the freaking hormones going crazy! I dont even care if I lose, just want to keep from gaining this week!

Everybody (Dan, Liz wherever you are, Kristen, Nicole, other Kims, Wendys,Angie, Shannon, Katies, Lettie, Jillian, Joni, Leann my ISS buddy, Gail-WELCOME, Nashville Deb, Sharon, Danette, and a whole bunch of others that I know I missed, didn’t leave you out on purpose)!!!! have a great day!

mamato2girls
05-02-2007, 12:34 PM
Wow, Nicole!! That is awesome! DH and I haven't spent that much time alone since we had kids 6 years ago...just the occasional weekend. But never out of the country. In fact, I've only been out of the country once. We went to Niagra Falls when I was 18 or 19, and went over to the Canadian side for a few hours.

Well, WI went great. I was down another 1.4 lbs. from Monday. I'm not sure what I did, but YAY!!! My counselor said that after another 2.2 lbs. I will drop a plan, which seems crazy since I'm so close to goal. What plan is below Gold? Seems like I've seen someone talk about a Green plan??? I'll have to do some searches to see what I will lose.

Hope everyone has a great day...and let's see some more good news posts!! This is great!

Wendelina
05-02-2007, 12:35 PM
Woo Hoo Nicole!!! Das is wunderbar!! :-)

katiebug77
05-02-2007, 12:50 PM
Nicole - OK, so I added the pic to my profile, so it is bigger now. I promise I will add more photos for you guys to see! How awesome that you're going to Germany!!

JulieMarie - Just saw your blog. It brought tears to my eyes!!!

Wendy - WTG on your loss. Wow, green plan??? Awesome!

mamato2girls
05-02-2007, 12:54 PM
Katie - Just looked at the bigger pic. You were such a beautiful bride!!! Yeah, not sure if I'll get a chance to drop to the green plan or not. My weight loss weeks actually run out next Friday (May 11th), and I didn't go to COD enough times a couple of weeks, and I didn't use the bars for a few weeks in the beginning. Since I'll be so close to goal, I'm not sure if I'll buy more weeks or not. My counselor said that a lot of people continue to lose in the first couple of weeks of stability, so I may just go ahead and go on stability. Congrats again!!

Joni135
05-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Shannon - regarding Peanut Butter. I like the Better'n Peanut Butter (I got it at a trade joes, but saw it at a food nutrition store yesterday). I think it's really good. 2T have 100 calories, 2.5g of fat, 95 mg of sodium, 13g Carb and 4g protein. It's all natural, no saturated or trans fats, gluten free, dairy free, no preservatives...(website is betternpeanutbutter.com).

Kristen (OOPS...Meant Nicole!!!)
- OMG OMG OMG OMG (Wendy...too funny "Das is wunderbar!! :-)"
Love the new avatar...let's see....September 27 is about 21 weeks away...set a goal so you can wear your new outfit..picked it out just for you!

Kimphin
05-02-2007, 01:16 PM
Wow, Nicole - that's great news!!!! Don't worry - the kids will be fine for a few days without you - it will be just long enough for them to appreciate you even more, but not get majotly Momsick! (same for you too)

Angie
05-02-2007, 01:20 PM
Nicole – That’s awesome! Don’t worry, you only have to look good in leiderhosen, not a bikini, by the time you get there.

Mama Nicole
05-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Kristen - OMG OMG OMG OMG (Wendy...too funny "Das is wunderbar!! :-)"
Love the new avatar...let's see....September 27 is about 21 weeks away...set a goal so you can wear your new outfit..picked it out just for you!

Um, yeah, I know you meant that message to be for me.......LOL. LOVE the outfit..........is that a beer wench get up???? LOL. Ok, so if I have 21 weeks, would it be unreasonable to say I am going to lose 40 pounds???? Although I haven't WI lately, I would guess I am about 190-195.....and that would put me at about 150-155, which is close enough to goal, right? I know I can do it, if I just put my mind to it.........I believe I can fly........oops, sorry, I often do the whole song burst thing........ Can you tell that I am a bit excited??? I have since found out that we will be in Frankfurt during Octoberfest......so that could be pretty wild. Ok, I HAVE to get back to work...........ha ha ha, like I've done any work yet today. Hey, maybe I ought to look for a naughty little outfit like the one Joni picked out for me for the nighttime???? LOL. DH would flip!!! Ok, really now.......what a day.....I'll check back later :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
05-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Wow, Nicole - that's great news!!!! Don't worry - the kids will be fine for a few days without you - it will be just long enough for them to appreciate you even more, but not get majotly Momsick! (same for you too)

Kim, I totally agree..............when I thought it was a week, I was a bit worried......but I can do 5 days......might have to get some valium to get me on that 10 hour flight.....but otherwise, all should be good :)

Mama Nicole
05-02-2007, 01:27 PM
thanks everyone.....for sharing in my excitement!!!!

Mama Nicole
05-02-2007, 01:36 PM
thanks everyone.....for sharing in my excitement!!!!
Also, I am day 2 of TO, and I just got on my sclae and it is a complete jerk. I am not going to officially WI until tomorrow.......and then I will update my tickers. I know, you are probably thinking.....whatever, Nicole.....but I just have to stay honest here :)

Hey, where oh where has Evette gone???

MomOfThreeTeens
05-02-2007, 01:42 PM
I saw my chart and it said I would more to green at 134! Yeah right, like I'm gonna see that number again! LOL

Nicole- LOVE the new pic, you lil cutie!!!

emmysmom
05-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Nicole - WOOHOOOO!!!! Germany - how awesome is that!! You can definitely hit goal by then - or at least come really, really close! And I LOVE the new avatar!!

Kristi
05-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Wow, Nicole!! That is awesome! DH and I haven't spent that much time alone since we had kids 6 years ago...just the occasional weekend. But never out of the country. In fact, I've only been out of the country once. We went to Niagra Falls when I was 18 or 19, and went over to the Canadian side for a few hours.

Well, WI went great. I was down another 1.4 lbs. from Monday. I'm not sure what I did, but YAY!!! My counselor said that after another 2.2 lbs. I will drop a plan, which seems crazy since I'm so close to goal. What plan is below Gold? Seems like I've seen someone talk about a Green plan??? I'll have to do some searches to see what I will lose.

Hope everyone has a great day...and let's see some more good news posts!! This is great!

Congrats on your loss, Wendy! I just wanted to let you know that the last time I was on LAWL I never did drop down to Green, I stayed on Gold and lost 3 pounds after reaching my goal of 130. I actually haven't known many people who have done Green because it just seems like very little food and it could cause you to stall. That's just my 2 cents, but from my experience Green is not really necessary and with your wonderful losses lately I have no doubt you can reach your goal pretty easily while on Gold.

Repo girl
05-02-2007, 02:04 PM
Yahoooo Nicole! How exciting for you! You are gonna have so much fun. And yes, you should pick up something naughty for the night time! Have you seen the movie Beer Fest? If not you had better run out and get it. 40 lbs over the summer? No problem! No more being naughty on the weekend, and I mean it!

Repo girl
05-02-2007, 02:04 PM
Hey Kristi! Good to see you!

Kristi
05-02-2007, 02:14 PM
Hi Katie!

mamato2girls
05-02-2007, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the advice, Kristi!! Yeah, I'm also a little worried that the Green plan might make me stall. It would be different if I was plateauing. Plus, I'd like to pick up the exercise.

smjezzy
05-02-2007, 03:02 PM
Cute new avatar Nicole

mamato2girls
05-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Nicole - You could definitely lose 40 lbs by September. I always lose easier in the summer...less tempted to eat comfort food. :) And, I love the new avatar.

bizlawchik
05-02-2007, 03:04 PM
OK... I just caught up on the EIGHT PAGES IN TWO DAYS! Everyone stop talking so I can stay caught up!

I didn't take notes, but here are some quickies...

Katie(bug) - Congrats. 3lbs is nothing. You look beautiful.

Katie (the original) - I saw you're on phentermine. My doc put me on meridia this month because I was nervous about school, the hours, etc. It's expensive, but it works. Good luck w/your meds. Hope it helps. And I told my COD about it and told them I had to go to the Dr. every month to be monitored so they were OK with it.

Nicole - I'm so excited for you! Great timing. You'll be hitting Octoberfest!

Lea Ann - Awesome TO loss! Glad to see you back in the game.

JM - What can I say... CONGRATS!!!!! I am soooooo happy for you! Thank you so much for keeping us updated so we can share this with you.

Dan - Love the avatar. You're lookin' good!

Wendy - Glad the surgery went well.

Jillian - Awesome TO loss!

Shannon - Keep on keepin' on. The trip to Onederland is a slowwwwww one, but you will get there. Remember that the only way you can fail is if you quit.

As for me, yesterday and today are totally off plan. But not from school. We're crazy busy with a closing at work so there's no time for anything. I will probably do FF next Mon and Tues myself. School is awesome. I got 103% on my first quiz (got the bonus questions right) and two 100s on my rice pilaf and pasta. Our second quiz is tomorrow so tonight I will be studying.

OK... back to work. Love and miss you guys. I am reading, just don't have the time to post as much. But I will get my time management down. It's just that I had that crazy weekend so I got behind.

Oh yeah, on the weekend thing. Remember I mentioned that Sunday there was a birthday party for my mom? Well I brought four appetizers to my sister's house and was in the kitchen helping her and it turns out that two of the guests were caterers. One has his own company in Nantucket and one has a company here. If I had known they would be there I probably would have been nervous about cooking, ya know? Anyway, they both loved the stuff and the one here offered me an internship. I can come and get a few hours for starters (unpaid) and then work into a paid part time position. Cool, huh? I just don't want to over-commit so I will start on a case-by-case basis instead of every Saturday or something like that.

OK... back to work. I'll be lurking though.

mamato2girls
05-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Oh, Cassi!! That is cool!! (about the internship) Glad you are enjoying school.

bizlawchik
05-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Thanks... (but I said stop talking! I can't keep up!!!!) :D :lol:

Kimphin
05-02-2007, 03:20 PM
OK Cassi - don't read this until you have time....LOL...

Congratulations! The internship offer is great, it is nice to have connections! Oh, and aren't you the overachiever with the 103%!!!! We will have to put you on our honor roll!

Nicole - great picture! I love this one the best of all! 99 luftballoons! (just popped into my head, sorry)

Day 2 TO going well. I sneaked a sclae peek this AM, but I'm not posting anything until tomorrow. Had a great time at my golf league, it was nice to see all of my summertime friends - but it rained on us for a little while. Of course it is sunny and beautiful today... ain't that always the way.... I am going to make myself go to the gym tonight.....If I write it here, I has to be done!

smjezzy
05-02-2007, 03:24 PM
Cassi it just keeps getting better and better for you. Way to go and I'm happy you already have opportunities lined up and JUST started school. You'rethewoman.

Angie
05-02-2007, 03:26 PM
I need to vent.

I just finished up a meeting and one of the other managers pulled me aside and said she needed to tell me about a rumour she'd heard about me.

"I heard you are pregnant" she whispers.

Really you stupid *(*&%# cow? So what you're saying is that I'm still fat enough to be mistaken for early pregnancy. Great, glad you thought I needed to hear that.

Okay, so if I'm not pregnant, is she too stupid to realize that would hurt my feelings..whether it made me think people thought I was fat, or whether it was because she knows I've struggled with infertility?

I'm sure it's her who thought that, and this was her way of trying to get me to share.

I'm just so shaken by hearing that, I'm sitting here on the verge of tears. I know I'm overreacting, and maybe I'm hyper sensititve, but it still seems a stupid thing to 'share' in my mind.

LizzyW
05-02-2007, 03:35 PM
OK, Ya'll need to back off of my man!! Doesn't he look great. :)

Angie - I hate it when people do that. I never go up to someone and ask them stuff like that. It's rude.

Katiebug - You look so beautiful. Can't wait to see more pictures. I have never been to Jamaica so have to live through your experience. LOL

JM - Josie is beautiful. You must be so proud. I know I am. It is always a good feeling to be a mom. I can remember holding my babies for the first time. What a joyful experience. I love her giggle too.

Must get back to work. Catch you all later.

Liz

Kimphin
05-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Angie - Well, now I am Pi$$ed off FOR you! I hate people like that.... Why would anyone EVER say something like that to anyone? It brings out a side of me that I dislike. I would have served her right if you had said that you just miscarried.

I'm sorry that she upset you, but please realize that you have done great on this weightloss thing!!!!

bizlawchik
05-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Kim – Hope TO brings you all you hope for. It’s nice to be rewarded when we sacrifice! Golf league sounds like fun. As for the 103, I was shocked. I haven’t taken any test in at least 10 years so that was cool!

Shannon – Thanks! I’m so excited right now. I’m definitely working my butt off in school (I’m studying 1-2hrs every night), but I’m really hoping things will just work out so that I can eventually quit the legal field and concentrate on my cooking.

Angie – WTF??? Is this co-worker overweight? Is she generally insensitive or just downright mean? She could be trying to make herself feel better. If that’s not the case, have your co-workers noticed a change in your eating patterns? Maybe she thinks the healthy eating is because you’d be eating for two? Or do you not go out for drinks after work now that you’re on LAWL? Maybe that’s where she got it from? I know there can be a bunch of reasons, but you could just tell her, really loudly so anyone around could hear, “No, I’m not pregnant, I’m just fat.” And say it without any shame. That would probably embarrass her. Or, if you want to be mean, you could add, “But I’m losing my weight, you’ll still be a b#@#%”. Sorry, couldn’t resist that last part. J Feel better!

smjezzy
05-02-2007, 03:53 PM
Angie - I'm so sorry for that. I hate that some people are so rude and insensitive. My evil side says Karma's a bio*ch. In the immortal words of Justin Timberlake "What goes around comes around". : )

keep your head high

smjezzy
05-02-2007, 03:55 PM
Or, if you want to be mean, you could add, “But I’m losing my weight, you’ll still be a b#@#%”. Sorry, couldn’t resist that last part. Feel better! [/FONT]

Amen!!!!!!! :D

Kimphin
05-02-2007, 03:56 PM
Good one Cassi!

Joni135
05-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Hey Liz - You've got yourself a good man, and he knows he's got it good right there on the homefront. You're a wonderful team. Have no worries; we're just a bunch of harmless souls out here and you know it's nice to get a guys perspective on things from time to time.

Angie - sorry your manager is such a dumb ***. Cassi hit the nail on the head and I hope you find a way to confront this manager and what she said to you. Don't let her stupidity eat at you.

Personally, I follow this rule: "You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she is pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment."

mamato2girls
05-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Wow, Angie! What a biotch! I don't know why she felt she had to "share" that. Obviously, if you WERE PG, you'd eventually announce it. Anyone with common decency knows that you NEVER ask a woman if she's PG.

Mama Nicole
05-02-2007, 04:08 PM
OK, Ya'll need to back off of my man!! Doesn't he look great. :)

You girls are cracking me up today.

Thank you all for your kind words about my trip and my avatar. I am going to try to add a couple of pics of the fam to my weshots in a bit. I am still trying to figure out how to use that site efficiently. I just hate wasting time.

Katie (original) (loved that one Cassi)..........Now I am going to have to go get that movie for the weekend....LOL.

Angie..........she's an ***.

Good to see you, Cassi :)

Kim......LOL about the 99 luft balloons......I see you are a song burst girl too :) I guess I didn't realize you were doing TO also.......we are on the same page, huh? For every pound you lose, I will lose one too, and you do the same, ok? cool. alright.....back to work :)
XOXO

JLem311
05-02-2007, 04:11 PM
angie--what a stupid, ignorant, insensitive comment. there's no excuse for people who say stuff like that and think it's ok. don't let a b!tch like that get to you.
i'm a FIRM believer in karma, so she'll get repaid for what she said.

emmysmom
05-02-2007, 04:14 PM
I just had a friend of mine join me on LAWL! Of course, she has like 15 pounds to lose compared to my 55...but that's okay. She's been calling other places, like Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem...etc...so finally I said...ok, come to my office. So I took out the plan book and shared it with her and she's all for it. She yelled at me for not telling her that I was on LAWL sooner, but I'm not one for sharing my weight loss with anyone...except for you guys:) So I'm gonna try to help her lose her, as she calls it, 15 happy pounds. She's newly seeing someone and gained the weight from being too comfortable with her newfound love life.:) I'm not sure I want to share you guys with her, though. Only because this is kinda like my "getaway"...ya know?

zambejaly5
05-02-2007, 05:16 PM
I have been reading along and almost giddy with all the good stuff happening on here, (or maybe I am still dizzy from being sick) ….. new babies, honeymooners back, Hey Katie good to see ya back 103% ‘s on test, offers for internships, Trips to Germany!!!! Yay Nicole!!( and love the new avatar too!) all these good things and then I I read Angies’ post…… Well now I just want to slap someone!!! And I am sick too, so I might just do it…… little cranky here….. Sorry that happened Angie. That is just wrong!!!! Good to see you Liz, and thanks for sharin’ your man,

Tina that is funny, reminds me of when George didn’t want Susan to hang with Jerry and Elain and Kramer, “there is the friend George and the relationship George” I totally agree.

I didn’t exactly stay on plan today, but calorie wise I probably haven’t done too bad. Hubby took me to PF Changs. Yum. Still coughing and hacking……. But getting better tomorrow should be much better,

Ok AI tonight……… anything thoughs. I will go out on a limb and say……. Chris and……..Phil……

bizlawchik
05-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot - Lettie - Sorry you're sick. Hope you feel better soon. Seems like this round of virus lasts for a few weeks. Hang in there.

And Tina - I know what you mean about the "getaway" thing. We can all vent and not worry about what someone thinks when we are having troubles, whether it's LAWL or life stuff, and sometimes you just don't want people you physically see every day to know everything we know. It's almost like we're reading each others' diaries, ya know?

KrispieD
05-02-2007, 06:20 PM
Tina don't feel guilty.. I have a friend on LAWL and also my SIL that both started after hearing about it from me.. I didn't tell either about this board as I did the research to join LAWL , helped them with food and did the searching on the internet till I found this group... it's my motivational, confessional group of gals and roosters and I don't think I have to share it all... on a side note.. SIL is also the daughter of my evil MIL :devil: so I can't have all my rants being read :)

Dan2112
05-02-2007, 07:27 PM
I'll bet it's Dan.

HEY!!!:mad:

Congrats to JM and Katie... Way to go on both counts!

Well, here I am in Gallup.. Spent the morning teaching kids all about trees and spent the afternoon hiking up a mountain.. Not too bad a way to spend the day.. The teaching continues tomorrow..

Had a pretty good ceasar salad with chicken from the place next door to the hotel. Of course I asked for dressing on the side.. But when I got back to my room, the dressing, of course, was NOT on the side.. Luckily, it wasn't too thick...

Hope you're all staying POP...

Debbie367
05-02-2007, 08:07 PM
JM - What a beautiful daughter you have. Your videos were so moving, such emotion and pure joy. Josie is the cutest and I LOVE the tickling video...you two are going to have a lifetime of fun :o)

Katiebug- Welcome back! Your wedding picture beautiful. The dress fits you so perfectly and is absolutely stunning.

Lettie - Sorry to hear you are still sick...I hope you feel better real soon. PF Changs...YUM!

Jillian - Congrats on your 5lb loss. That's 20 sticks of butter!!! :D

Nicole - Wow Germany!! How awesome. I can't wait to hear all about it. Of course you and Hubby won't don't much sightseeing :o I love the new avatar...hottie!

Wendy - WTG on your loss. You are going to whittle away to nothing!

Cassie - So good to hear from you! We miss you more than you know. I am sure you will be swamped with opportunities for work. If you ever need any "quality control" help, let me know!

Angie - Some people are just so insensitive. I hope you are able to let it go. She's not worth it!!! And is probably saying those things only to make herself feel better. You could make up a big story and really let the rumors fly....Oh yeah, don't tell anyone BUT not only am I pregnant but I'm having an affair with the UPS guy, it might be his but then again it could be the other guy I am sleeping with....you get the picture ;)

Liz- Dan is the man...YOUR man but we appreciate you loaning him out to us. Who else would keep tabs on our salt intake???? Good to see you on the board!

Today was WI day and I am up 4oz..GRRRRRR :mad: I know 4oz and TOM is here but I have been SOOOO perfect. I am praying for a loss when TOM leaves. Tomorrow I start on HLW!
As for AI - I voted for Blake and Melinda- my two favs. I think Chris and Phil should go tonight but who knows.

Hugs!
Debbie

Mama Nicole
05-02-2007, 08:57 PM
Oh crap.....I forgot they are going vote 2 people off tonight.......now that just sucks.........
have to go and give my DD to drop off some job apps......more later xoxo

DenverChick
05-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Wow! It really seems like a banner day around here!!!!

JM - I am soooo excited for you. Josie is an adorable little girl and very lucky to have you as her mommy. I watched your videos and was so moved. Congratulation!

Katiebug - Welcome back! You made a beautiful bride. I am so jealous. I would love to go back to Jamaica. You'll get those 3 lbs. off in no time.

Wendy - Oh my gosh girl! You are only 5 lbs. away from your goal. You are doing so well. Congratulations.

Nicole - Great new avatar. Congrats on your news. Germany will be a blast. Nothing as good as an all expenses paid trip furnished by someone else!

Joni - Did you ever hear back from Pearl? Didn't you send her a message?

Katie and Cassi - I've done both Phentermine and Meridia. Once your body adjusts you won't have that absolute desire not to eat anymore. However, when you first start it sure does remove any desire for food. Good luck with them.

Angie - Great to see you as usual. I have the funniest picture of my older brother in leiderhosen when he was about 2 or 3. I think we should get Nicole some for her trip.

Glad to see everyone doing so well. I am still fighting this plateau. I have been hovering at this weight for about 6 weeks now. Something is going to have to happen soon. Wish me luck at WI tomorrow. Maybe the sclae will be kind.

ElleofALady
05-02-2007, 09:07 PM
I'M BACK!!!...in case anyone missed me:)

Long post about my trip, revelations, and LAWL drama...

We had a great time in CA. I got a chance to see my "sisters" whom I have not seen in almost 20 years since my Daddy's funeral. You are probably wondering how one does not see their sisters in 20 years...well, I was adopted by my uncle(whom I called Daddy) who was married several times. My sisters are from the 1st marriage and I am from the 3rd. (On a side note, I do have two younger blood sisters who my natural mother kept, but we do not have a relationship, including my natural mother.) My big sisters haven't seen me since I was 12, so it was quite a shock to see me with a husband, kids, and at 32 years of age. I miss them already. What I don't miss was the CA food. We stayed in San Diego and LA and just didn't find any food to WOW us. I guess it was for the best, because it sort of helped me stay on plan. It was TOM and I have only lost a 1 lb in a week...which is slow even for me, as I am the self-proclaimed President of the Slow Losers Club. I under ate on the plan for the most part and a few times I went off plan, it was something like bacon with an OP breakfast, a piece of cake or something baked, and that dreaded Chinese food. It had my stomach in shreds...I did have some Cafe Japengo sushi, though...yum, but could have gotten that in Atlanta. Oh well, my husband has put me in charge of our next trip. We usually travel twice a year, so I have until Aug/Sept to get things together.

On another note, I am fat. :D I guess I wouldn't be on this board if I wasn't. I am looking at my vacation pics and man, I am fat. When you are tall and you only lose 15 lbs, the only thing you notice gone is like an inch of back fat. I will find something positive to say...I've lost 15 lbs since Feb, my hair loooked pretty and my make up was cute. Other than that, I am fat. Man, I can't wait to reach goal. (KrispieD, I keep looking at your photos for inspiration.)

I did get a chance to stop by a COD to pick up some lites...no new flavors and when I asked about them, the young lady looked at me like I was an alien. (off to ebay) After I left, I called the CS# to ask about where I could find the new flavors in the San Diego area and she asked, "How do you know about them?" I told her my COD in GA had mentioned them and she said she would transfer me to one of her co-workers who could give me some listings...well I got voice mail, so I just hung up. Funny thing happened at CO...at least it was funny to me, the COD where I went to pick up the lites, I called them first and told the cslr that I was visiting from out of town and wanted to try some new flavors. She asked if I had a bulk...I said yes, but had them all at home. She then asks what COD I was and I tell her...I thought it was weird she was asking. Any hoot, when I arrive at the CA COD to pick up some snacks, she tells me she called my COD, which I find out she called my 1st center by mistake...the addresses are similar, I can see how that happened and tells me she can't give me any bars. Totally confused, I was like what does my COD have to do with me buying any bars. She just went on, that I didn't have any bulk left, etc., etc., etc. I told her I didn't understand why I couldn't buy any. (Are you tired reading yet? Just imagine how I felt on my cell phone calling my COD...looking foolish?) Anyway, my COD mgr said that she knows that a lot of my stuff was not documented from the old COD, but she did not want to get in the middle of this situation. Even more confused, I said, "How hard is it to buy lites from a different center?" My COD mgr says, "Oh! That COD thinks you want to use your old bulk." I had to laugh...as it seems I have LAWL COD drama almost all the time...Please universe release the LAWL drama from my surroundings! Deep breath...now relax!

Congrats to the new bride, the new Mommy, the losers and those trying hard. We have all been there.

Wendy NC- You are so close! I am certain you will make goal by 5/11!!! You can do it!

BobbySam- How's it going, twin?

No more personals...as I am still experiencing JETLAG!!! I will catch up but you all post too darn much! Slow down...Where do you find the time? Let me take my fat arse to bed. :D SMILE. I have WI tomorrow. I will post then.

DenverChick
05-02-2007, 09:12 PM
OK. I suck. I totally posted before I read the last couple of pages. So, adding to my comments:

Angie - Your manager should be shot! I think she just has a mean streak as every single woman knows you NEVER ask a woman if she is pregnant or when she is "due" unless you know for a fact! On a commiserating note, my cousin is pregnant with her first. She is about 15 weeks along. She went to visit her in-laws before her FIL was to have surgery and he said to her, "Gee, you're really getting fat." OMG! I asked her if he had lost his mind. Geez!

Lettie - Hope you feel better soon.

Cassie - Congrats on the offer. It looks like the stars are aligning for you!

Debbie - Hang in there. It will come off soon. I agree with you - Phil and Chris need to go.

OK. I am sure I missed many more but I have to get to my show!

Angie
05-02-2007, 09:36 PM
Liz, Shannon, Wendy, Nicole, Jillian, Lettie, Libby, thank you all…she really is a dumb cow, and I’m not going to let it get to me anymore. Of course every decent woman knows you don’t say stuff like that. :moo:

Kim – Thanks! I was pretty pissed too, and I really wanted to push her down some stairs, but resisted. I have done great, (thank you), and I’m going to keep doing great, and she can just stay her same old fat nasty puffy self. I did a lot of swearing in my car on the way home, that helped too! I said all the worst words.

Cassi – Yes, she is overweight, and she’s mentioned many times that she has been her whole life. I thought of it afterwards and realized she might have said it because she’s jealous of my success (umm…that was halfway thru a cheeseburger actually, and that thought made me throw away the bun and leave the fries, yay!). I think she may have been being downright mean…she’s one of those women who will be smiling sweetly at you and saying something that initially sounds nice, but turns out to be a sharp tongued insult. My DH has been in NYC for the last two months, and she knows that too. We have whiteboards above our cubicles at the office and I was thinking of writing up there “I’M NOT PREGNANT”. I hate rumours. Thanks Cassi!

Joni – She’s not my manager, thank god, we’re both managers…but I do know that the people working on her teams are miserable. I’m not the first to have been treated so callously. Ha, if she was my manager, I would have complained about her comment to HR, that would have been fun! I’m over it now, I won’t let it bother me any more. I live by your rule Joni, unless a women tells me she’s pregnant, she’s not!

Debbie – Ha! That’s a great idea, I’ll tell her I really am pregnant and ask what I should do since my DH is out of the country! Don’t worry too much about your 4oz, when TOM is here, that’s going to be gone, plus more in a few days.

Libby – Good luck at WI tomorrow – a 6 week plateau is just crazy. I’m crossing everything that you’ll break through it tomorrow.

Letisha – I’m fat too! :D Don’t worry, we’re working on it.

Tina – I know what you mean. I’ve mentioned LAWL to a few friends, but there is only one group I would share you guys with, and they are my mommy-group of online friends. I’d rather not share this space with people I see day to day. (Or how could I vent about them? Lol)

My AI guess is Lakisha and Phil to go home tonight.

Joni135
05-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Libby - I actually sent a PM to Pearl a long time ago and got no reply; about 10 days ago I mailed a card to her home address and I haven't heard anything yet. I'm hopeful that when I least expect it I'll hear something. I hope she's okay.
That picture of your brother in leiderhosen is too cute...he actually looks like Nicole's little boys (by the way Nicole, I'll take doggy Maggie May any day!!).

Welcome home Letisha - sounds like you wrapped a lot into your trip. Family, food, even a trip to an LAWL center. Have fun settling back into reality.

Tina - I agree with what others have said in that I like this place as my own little haven. I have told quite a few folks about 3FC, but hope they are all too busy too dig into the LAWL forum and read all my chatting. When DH tries to read over my shoulder I always shrink down the screen; he pretends he's not nosey, but he really is.

Okay, I won't give the Idol results away, but I'm fine with the results. Gotta busy day tomorrow.

bella mia
05-02-2007, 10:34 PM
Hi everybody

Just wanted to pop in and say hello.

I know I haven't been on for a while, and hesitated to post anything as you are all probably thinking who is she.

Not going to cry the blues, just going to say straight out that life in the last year has been busy....sometimes I wish I could just slow things down (everything of course except losing weight, that's never fast enough).

How do you guys do it? I mean with work and family and busy evenings and weekends...just everyday stuff...I never seem to have enough time to do everything I want. Although I must say, that my mind set has been different since last Valentine's day...the day I almost lost my son. Now I 've learned to leave the small petty things in life and enjoy my family as you can't turn back time.Before I would put things off with them until tomorrow, now I realize that tomorrow could be too late. I still haven't mastered it but I am getting better. I've learned that its not so important to have my house cleaned 100% each weekend,but its more important to spend that quality time with my kids and hubby and enjoy them...the house and the dust will always be there. I just wish sometimes I had more time, more hands and more patience. Sorry for rambling on and on...this probably doesn't make any sense. Anyhow, just wanted to drop in and say although I may not post frequently I still would love to feel part of this wonderful group.

Hope you all have a wonderful evening and have a POP day tomorrow.

Dan2112
05-02-2007, 11:27 PM
Sara,

Don't think that just because you haven't posted in a while, that we've forgotten you...

I think you answered your own question... It basically boils down to "don't sweat the small things"... There are always more important things to do, like spending time with family and enjoying life...

You have a focal point in your life right now that's probably stronger than any you've ever had.. Family is always first, and in that, I totally agree with you..

Kiddo, it sounds like you've got your heart AND your mind set in the right direction.. I wish I could be that lucky..

Keep it up, and keep in touch...

Mama Nicole
05-02-2007, 11:51 PM
Joni.........after I looked at that picture (webshots) of Ms Maggie Mae.....i realized just how scruffy she was looking in her naughty garbage eating photo.......and then I noticed all the stuff on my floor.......and I just had to laugh. This is how real life is at the Massie house.....LOL. Maggie is a good girl.....just can't imagine our crazy house without her :)

Mama Nicole
05-02-2007, 11:52 PM
Oh, and I have to say that I was quite satisfied with AI as well......and I was rather touched by Blake and Chris's (is that right? My use of the possesive??? Lea Ann???) friendship......it seemed quite genuine.

Wendelina
05-03-2007, 12:39 AM
Letisha - welcome back.. enjoyed your story -- and hey, we're all working on this thing!! I hate looking at photos of myself, but it does inspire a girl to back away from the cake!! (Nicole :o) )

Angie - so sorry for the tacky co-worker.. but hey, it made you put down the cheeseburger. Everything happens for a reason, right? :-) Even prg girls don't like it when people mention their weight.. just don't do it people!! Maybe we should teach a class or something to the ignoramouses in the world who don't get that whole deal.

Sara - My motto: "Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweatty stuff!" Life gets crazy.. you just have to enjoy the roller coaster ride!

Joni & Tina- I'm with you. Even with all of the people around me who are doing "the plan".. I haven't shared the website with anyone but my mom.. and she can't figure out how to sign on. It's a great place to vent!

Cassi - always good to hear your words of wisdom, girl. Thanks for posting today. Congrats on the job offer.. that's gotta feel good!

Jillian - woo hoo! 5lbs gone - wonderful!

Dan - have fun playing in the trees again tomorrow

Ok.. I've got to get to bed. I promised dh I'd be in bed before Conan came on tonight.. and I just heard the music starting.. so i've got to run.

Guten Abend! (That was for Nicole) :-)

GailR
05-03-2007, 07:51 AM
Happy Thursday!

I'm pretty proud of myself at the moment. Yesterday I babysat my youngest granddaughter (3 1/2 yo) and I didn't eat one thing I shouldn't. She's a tiny thing and a grazer--eats throughout the day. Usually in the past when I babysit I usually graze right along with her and her older sister but I didn't yesterday. THAT is a major victory for me. :) Plus, I drank all 8 glasses of water. And THAT is a major victory for me when any of the grandkids are over--they keep me so busy I end up forgetting.

I just looked at the calendar and I see that I have six weeks until I go on vacation and now I'm in a panic. I would love to be 10 lbs. lighter. At least.

Letisha, I hate looking at my own vacation pictures so I totally relate to what you're saying! That's right look at the positive. You've lost a lot of weight and THAT is saying something! BUT...I thought I was the President of the Slow Losers! I'm not?! Can I at least be Vice President? Because I am a Sloooow Looooser also. But a loser none the less! My youngest daughter has lost 23 lbs. (no, she's not on LAWL--she's on <whispering>...Weight Watchers) and she said last night she just does not see the lost weight. I told her, "Of course, you don't, sweetie--because those pounds are GONE!" BUT...her Dad and I see the change in her body...so what I'm getting at is that I'm sure if you don't see the change in your body I bet others see it. I'm sure your husband sees the changes that are taking place. BTW, were you ever able to buy those Lites? Don't worry, you're not alone with the LAWL COD dramas--I have my own.

Angie, I am always amazed at the things that come out of people's mouths! I'm sorry that you were the target. Did you ever watch "Ally McBeal"? Remember, when she would see what she was thinking? I'm sure you were slappin' her up side the head when she said that! People can be so insensitive.

Katie, I loved your wedding picture. You are beautiful! Love your gown. Welcome back (from someone you don't even know--I'm new here!).

Nicole, I'm very happy for you that you are going to Germany. Best wishes...and a whole lotta fun!

Everyone have a POP day!

Dan2112
05-03-2007, 09:14 AM
Morning gang..

Just killing time before I need to head out the door... Gotta stay POP today.. Had eggs and an english muffin for breakfast along with some fruit..

Good thing I brought my own veggies for lunch..

Have a POP day, all!

hdsqrl
05-03-2007, 09:37 AM
:dance: *happy dance* :dance:
My at home sclae finally broke below the 177 mark this morning...176.5, w00t! :D Gotta keep it moving!!!

smjezzy
05-03-2007, 09:44 AM
Wow you guys have been busy!

Megan - Woohoo!

Letisha - Welcome back! Glad you had a nice vacation - minus the drama.

Angie - Now that you mention she's, mmm, of a larger stature it does make sense. She's jealous. I know I felt jealous when a friend of mine lost a bunch of weight from the gastric bypass. Of course I never insulted her I always complimented her on the weight loss. And while I was happy for her that she was losing I just cried inside that it wasn't me. Unfortunately she's gaining it back. Glad I chose this route! If I gain it back at least I still have what God gave me

AI - Not happy. While I didn't like Chris' Bon Jovi selection (one of my all time favorites, please don't take a song like that and screw it up) he was the best last week (in my humble opinion). I would have voted off Blake. At least did something different this week (I didn't like it but....), up to now every song he's done has sounded exactly the same to me. And while I do like his voice, once you hear it once.... I just can't imagine an entire record of that same stuff. I'm sure when he gets out on his own he'll do more of the beat box stuff or whatever it is. Personally I don't see the point, I'm just not of the age to appreciate that I suppose. I feel like an old woman for even having said that. Wow. I thought Phil's Bon Jovi song was awesome by the way. Melinda pretty much has this in the bag barring any naked porn, lesbian, hollywood madaam scandals.

The end of our fitness challenge is today/tomorrow. I missed my goal by 2 lbs. Oh well. I hate failure, it wasn't an unreasonable goal either, 2 lbs a week like they guarantee. I only missed it by 2 though. I don't think I'm retaining water or I'd take another half a diuretic. At least I'm back down to last Saturdays weight.

Shake it off, move on, no more pizza. I thought it would be ok, no meat and 3 very small slices of a small pizza. I don't think all three of those slices equaled the one slice she showed me. Live and learn

saranacbnl
05-03-2007, 09:58 AM
Good morning everybody. This is my second post so I hope I am doing this right. Today is my fourth day on LAWL. I did the FF for the first two days which actually went fine this time for me. I know I lost two lbs doing that, but not sure what my actual weight is today. I feel much better than I did just five days ago. I really like this plan and I hope to keep up the willpower I feel now. I know just from reading all of your posts that it works!!

Not sure what else to write - but I do love reading the posts on this board - that is what motivates me to keep going. So far I have had 1/2 english muffin, dab of cream cheese on it, coffee, and an apple. Looking forward to my "bar" in an half an hour or so.

Enjoy the beautiful sunny day (at least here in NY). Thanks again.

Angie
05-03-2007, 10:07 AM
Wendy – Actually I blame the cow for driving me to pick up the cheeseburger, and give myself all the credit for putting it down. Hee! Yes, I guess there should be a class available who don’t absorb these life lessons along the way.

Gail – Yes! I rembember that! You betcha I pictured myself saying and doing all kinds of things to her in the hours after she said that to me.

I was so sure I would be rewarded with an excellent WI this morning, despite the burger with 1/3 bun! I've been POP for the last 4 days...but I ended up gaining 2 oz. The counsellor recommended eating 'lighter' fruits..hmph. I'll keep on going though, I know it will pay off soon.

smjezzy
05-03-2007, 10:15 AM
what are lighter fruits

Boo'sMom
05-03-2007, 10:23 AM
Nicole--first--I LOVE the new avatar and congrats on getting to go to Germany! Second--I am a literature teacher and have horrible grammar myself so I know as soon as I throw in my 2 cents I would be wrong--lol. I actually take the cheater route and tell my students (and myself) that if you are unsure (as in your sentence) just reverse it to Chris and Blake's friendship--the "s" on the end throws a lot of folks--including me (but I am fairly confident you were correct). The rule is that if it's a singular noun possessive add the 's, if it's plural noun possessive and ends in s just add the apostrophe. Clear as mud?? OK--lesson over.

Hi to all--no personals for now--swamped with kids and junk. I didn't want to tell anyone but I have to tell you guys--I have a job interview tomorrow after school!! I hate telling people because of the pity looks if you don't get it and everyone asking--just weird. You'd think I'd had lots of rejection but I haven't so I guess that's why it scares me so much. I hate that I want this job so so much. With the one I have now it didn't really matter like this one does. I've told a few people at work because they are all in the position to help in some way (interview questions, curriculum, they know someone, etc..) I'm just a little sickish when I think about it--haha.

okay--gotta get busy looking at questions and formulating my outstanding answers--lol.

katiebug77
05-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Good morning all. Sorry I haven't had much time to chat. I am so swamped at work. So much to do after 2 weeks off. I will try to get some personals in at this afternoon after I am home. Hope everyone is having a great day!!!

Mama Nicole
05-03-2007, 11:38 AM
Wendy........do you know German??? And.....how much of it am I going to have to know before I get there? And......has anyone else ever been there???

Lea Ann........it makes total sense to me......and I am a total and complete geek, as I rather enjoy grammar......which is why it pains me when I don't have a reference book in front of me to ensure that I am correct. Ok, now do tell.........about this job interview.......we want details!!!

Hello to everyone!!!

I actually got on the devil sclae.........and it was not kind.....so I am updating my tickers.......and getting busy getting skinny. I want to feel wonderful in Germany.....so I have to work hard now.....no more messing around. You know.......I was down over 30 pounds at Christmastime......and now.....I have gained a few back........and I just keep messing around. No real progress. Well, that is OVER now..........and Megan...cognrats on breaking 177......you can do this.

Ok, I am actually going to try to get something done today.......so hopefully you won't see me too much today.

Lettie......I hope you are feeling all better now :)
XOXO

Wendelina
05-03-2007, 11:45 AM
Good Morning everyone..

My company's website is broken and that's where I do the majority of my work.. so I'm taking a forced coffee break! Thought I'd see what's shakin' over here.

I've hit one of those discouraging points of losing the same 3 lbs over and over for the past 3 weeks. I'm never going to make goal with this going on and it's bugging me. COD suggested I move to the Gold plan. I'm trying it for 2 weeks, but I really hate having less food. What if it doesn't change anything??

Angie - You blame the cow.. I love that!!

Megan - Wtg on getting past the 177 mark! *high five*

Wendelina
05-03-2007, 11:47 AM
Nicole - I took German in HS, my daughter is going to Germany in June for 3 weeks on an exchange program and my grandparents spoke nothing but German at the dinner table. :-) Most people our age and younger speak English in Germany. They're taught it in school... but like any country they appreciate it when we try to speak their language. How exciting for you!!

Joni135
05-03-2007, 12:09 PM
LeaAnn - Best of luck with your interview.......sending good vibes your way.
Megan - way to go on breaking the scale...well, not breaking the actual scale...
Saran....welcome. We're a crazy group, aren't we...good luck with the program.
Shannon - I love your comment about Melinda winning AI barring any scandal. I agree and truly think she's good; I like Jordan too, but Melinda has the edge.
Nicole - I was so proud to see you were actually offline!! Bet you got a lot of work done. Suggestion: see if your library has any language tapes/dvds to learn German. At least to help you get basics down. I totally stink at picking up new languages. I tried to learn some French before I went to France and it was pretty pitiful. Thankfully, my niece speaks it fluently from living there for three years. Plus, the French people I encountered (in the smaller towns) were rude whether I spoke English or bad French. I'm sure they are a lot nicer in Germany. I find beer drinkers more pleasant than wine drinkers....(JUST KIDDING to all my liquid fruit lovers!).
gotta run........
Julie and Josie look so cute on the blog today...they both have touches of green in their outfits.....awwwwwwwwww

JLem311
05-03-2007, 12:25 PM
hey everyone. just thought i'd check in to say hi. not much happening here today. i need to get a workout in since i've only done 1 so far this week..oops. i'll get it done today and one tomorrow too, so i'll have my 3 for this week. we leave for our trip to see the kids again in 2 weeks and i'd like to be at least another 5lbs down. hopefully!!!

ok, i'll be back later.

smjezzy
05-03-2007, 12:28 PM
I strongly recommend knowing how to ask where the bathroom is. I was in Mexico and had just taken my pills (diuretic) and couldn't for the life of me remember the word. I used every english word I could think of and then started to act it out when banyo hit (probably spelled wrong but you get the point). Now mind you I'm sure the woman knew EXACTLY what I was asking (cop) and probably laughed her a** off when I walked off (actually potty danced off). I was just happy to have finally remembered the word before wetting myself.

Another terribly important question. Germany is known for beer. Can you do beer on the plan? Are the calories you have to watch in alchohol or what. Do Germans even bother with wimpy beer or would you be driven out of town by an angry mob if you attempted an order?

Mama Nicole
05-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Ah, good idea Shannon. I do not drink beer or wine, or anything alcoholic......so that won't be a worry for me.

Oh, and Joni.........I often leave my computer online, on ths site......so although it may appear that I am on here, I am not always. Most of the time, I am......LOL. I never used to sit down during the day until I found this site.........and that is not necessarily a good thing :) Oh well. I really don't know what I would do without you guys now.......

GailR
05-03-2007, 01:27 PM
I just got back from WI and I'm down another 1.4 lbs. Moving right along...

Also, got some walking in this morning. Exercise done for the day also.

Let's see what else I can accomplish today! :)

bizlawchik
05-03-2007, 01:36 PM
Letisha – Welcome back! Sorry the COD drama followed you, but glad you stayed pretty much on plan.

Debbie – I will definitely keep you in mind for QC. I actually could have used you last night. Made more bread pudding (I think I perfected the recipe this time). Spooned out a ramekin and baked it separately for DH to have so I didn’t poison my class. :lol: Had one bite of his and it was goooooood!

Libby – Love the picture of your brother! And did I ever mention that I love your avatar? You’re gorgeous!

Angie – WTG stopping the emotional eating in the middle. I know that you’re probably mad at yourself for grabbing the burger and fries, but the positive thing is that you realized what you were doing and got it under control. And the next time that lady says, “I heard a rumor” you can interrupt her with a surprised look and an “Oh, I didn’t think you knew.” When she asks what you can tell her something like how you heard her position was going to be cut or something. Just cut her off with something that would be just as mean. If you have to play office games, you might as well get some enjoyment from it.

Sara – Glad you dropped in. Even if you don’t keep up with everyone and do personals, feel free to post every couple of days to let us know how you’re doing. It seems that when we come here and post, we tend to stay on plan.

Gail – What a great NSV! (non-scale victory)

Megan – WTG!!!

Lea Ann – Good luck! Just get it in your head that you already have the job and you will get it!

Shannon – Love you Mexico story!

Hi to Sara, Joni, Nicole, The Wendys, Katie, Katie(bug), Jillian, Deb, Dan, Kim, etc., etc.

Hey, I actually did personals!

Kimphin
05-03-2007, 01:42 PM
I didn't want to tell anyone but I have to tell you guys--I have a job interview tomorrow after school!! I hate telling people because of the pity looks if you don't get it and everyone asking--just weird. You'd think I'd had lots of rejection but I haven't so I guess that's why it scares me so much. I hate that I want this job so so much. With the one I have now it didn't really matter like this one does. I've told a few people at work because they are all in the position to help in some way (interview questions, curriculum, they know someone, etc..) I'm just a little sickish when I think about it--haha.

okay--gotta get busy looking at questions and formulating my outstanding answers--lol.

Ooh - Lea Ann - a great big good luck to you! You've put in your time there - you deserve to get a FT job! How are the outstanding answers coming?

Angie
05-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Nicole & Wendy – I’m in the same boat. I lost 3 lbs last week, but I’m no farther ahead than I was a month or more ago. That was a pretty sh!tty realization. I’m going to have to buckle down and make sure I’m REALLY pop and not just ‘my version’ of POP. I’m really ‘hungry’ to reach another milestone. I think more exercise is called for on my part.

Joni – Thanks for the reminder to check JM’s blog again. That just brightens my day to see their happy faces.

Jillian – Hope you get that workout in today. You’ve been doing great with that!

Gail – Great job! Way to go on getting in your exercise too.

Cassi – Thanks, yes, I was angry with myself for the burger, but I’m pretty proud that I stopped. For the record, the dumb cow did call and leave a message on my voicemail apologizing for upsetting me. I’m sure she was thrilled that she got a visible reaction. I won't let her get the better of me twice…she’ll get the brunt of my full cold B****-mode from now on.

Lea Ann -- Good luck on your interview! I just got a call back today on a part time job I was hoping to get, so I hope to have an interview as well.

Kristi
05-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Lea Ann - Good luck with your job interview! They'd be fools not to snap you up!

Katie - How are you doing on your diet pills? I could use some of those about now but I don't know if my doc would go for it. Hmmm....

Cassi - I'm amazed that not only are you juggling school, work, and home but that you're also restraining yourself around all that good food. I adore bread pudding!!!

Hi to everyone else! I hope you are all doing well. I'm not losing but I'm not gaining, either, so that's a good thing. I also started working out again so I'm proud of myself for that. Have a great day!

Kimphin
05-03-2007, 02:37 PM
I strongly recommend knowing how to ask where the bathroom is. I was in Mexico and had just taken my pills (diuretic) and couldn't for the life of me remember the word. I used every english word I could think of and then started to act it out when banyo hit (probably spelled wrong but you get the point). Now mind you I'm sure the woman knew EXACTLY what I was asking (cop) and probably laughed her a** off when I walked off (actually potty danced off). I was just happy to have finally remembered the word before wetting myself.

Another terribly important question. Germany is known for beer. Can you do beer on the plan? Are the calories you have to watch in alchohol or what. Do Germans even bother with wimpy beer or would you be driven out of town by an angry mob if you attempted an order?

DH took 7 years of Spanish in HS and college - and has the smallest bladder EVER! So, he was all happy when we went on a Mexican Riviera cruise - he remembered how to ask where the bathroom is (it's really all he retained - that and telling people that he brushed his hair this morning) well, all was going great for us... Cabo, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta... then we hit Acapulco - and there was much less English spoken - so he asks donde est a el bano? and the girl he was asking launches into these directions - in ripstop spanish! The look on DH's face was priceless - in all of the other ports he would ask in Spanish and they responded to him in English - he never expected to get a spanish response! Finally the girl had to point.

It is funny though - I took 4 years of French and all I can say is hi my name is Kim and where is the bathroom.

I think you can have beer - when they came out with wine=fruit there was a similar exchange for beer - probabaly a starch.

Kimphin
05-03-2007, 02:43 PM
OK, scatterbrain today...

TO netted me a 3lb BNWI loss, so that's good. I sort of extended the TO through this afternoon too.... sometimes it's nice to not have to think about food.

The audit is going pretty well so far - I like the auditors a lot, and I've been able to point them towards some things that I would like them to look for.

OK, I've blown my down time - back to work.... I feel pretty lame not doing personals when Cassi has, considering that her schedule barely leaves her with time to take a breath!!!!

Be good everyone!

Repo girl
05-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Hey everyone!

Kristi- I am doing well. I am trying not to weigh more than once a week, so I really do not know if the pills are helping or not, however, I am definitely much more in control of my diet and hunger. Great job with the exercise!

Kim- Great TO loss!

Angie and Lea Ann- GL with the jobs!

Cassie- Good to see you. I will PM my address for my ramekin of bread pudding.

Gail- Great loss!

Nicole- Don't you even dare put your housework before us!

Jillian- Get out there and work out!

Joni- I went to France when I was in college, and our tour guides instructed us to tell people that we were from Canada if anyone asked. True enough, if you said that you are from the US, you were treated rudely. Weird.

Wendy 2- Hmmm, gold? Not sure that is enough food, really, but after 2 weeks you should know.

I am just plugging along, doing the same old stuff. Hoping that when I weigh on Monday I will see a good loss. Have a good day everyone!

smjezzy
05-03-2007, 03:29 PM
LOOKIE LOOKIE LOOKIE - I JUST GOT THE BEST OF ALL NSV THAT I COULD HAVE ASKED FOR!!!!

I have been having dizzy spells lately and I called the doctor to find out if my blood work was back. Dan you will be proud to know that my sodium level was fine so they think the problem is my blood pressure. They reviewed all my other counts....I'll get there in a sec.....and told me to cut my bp med in half!!! WOOHOO That's the first ns victory. Next, my triglicerides have gone from 202 to 158. I'm 8 away from normal! My cholesterol has gone down to 131 (200 is normal) and my glucose..ready for this...93!!! That is outrageous for me. My bs is always above 100, always!

So long story long, I might not be losing as fast as I'd like but my main goal here was to get my health under control and to get off all these da*& pills. I'm not off but they are being reduced. I asked if my levels will continue to drop or if I've seen all the benefit from this diet that I'm gonna see bloodwork wise. She said that they will keep dropping to even better levels and that the doctor is exceptionally happy. I will get my A1C (3 month average bs) next time and I'm hoping to drop or reduce one of my diabetes meds. Cross your fingers!!!!

woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mama Nicole
05-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Shannon.......this IS the best NSV ever!!!! Dr. Oz talks about how losing only 10 % of your body weight makes these huge health improvements.......and you just sold me on his words!!! You have lost 9.25%, and check out yor stats!!! And, yeah, Dr. Oz agrees with your doc......it just keeps getting better!!! Thank you for doing such a great job and showing us the REAL reasons we need to take care of ourselves!!!
WTG!!!!!

bizlawchik
05-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Shannon - That is awesome news! Keep up the great work! :cheer:

Joni135
05-03-2007, 03:56 PM
never used to sit down during the day until I found this site.........and that is not necessarily a good thing Oh well. I really don't know what I would do without you guys now.......

Nicole - you could be doing a lot worse, like sitting in front of the tv watching the Game Show channel all day or something. and we don't know what we'd do without you.......so just stick around....at least for the next 40 lbs!!

I have to go be part of a "faux" audience tonight. A good friend (and former co-worker) got laid off in April and has decided to go into motivational speaking. This guy shed about 60 lbs through good eating and exercise (duh!!) and he's an excellent presenter, so he decided to take what he does best and he's entering into the motivational speaking business, focused on health, wellness, fitness and weight loss. He's filming his promotional video tonight, but I'll actually get to hear his whole story, and who knows, maybe something will motivate me to adopt this whole lifestyle change for good!
I have to tape Grey's Anatomy and my plan is to watch the 2 hour episode on my treadmill sometime tomorrow. DH has a company outing tomorrow afternoon - his company rented a theatre in the early afternoon the employees have exclusive seating (and concession snacks) for Spidey 3! He's so excited. Now I have to go find some kid to go see this with me. I'm a fan (although I draw the line at buying of those webmaking guns)!

fan4u2
05-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Oh my god shannon that is so great that you levels have dropped soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. The struggles you have been having with the scales have paid off for you....sending you a great BIG HIGH FIVE....funny today I was also telling my husband I was feeling dissy and really dragged out so I called my dr. today and made a appt for the end of the month for blood work

To everyone else who have been posting sooooo much your making me tired reading :dizzy: Keep up the posts it keeps me going

I have watched the video of josie and I also cried my DH thought I was nuts
nicole - way to go on the trip
angie- don't let the b#### get you down
letti - hope your feeling better
wendy- I think it was you who asked about the turkey bacon....you don't cook it like real bacon it's pre cooked so it's suppose to be tender not crisp
There is 2 weny's here right...well to wendy 2 glad you can see better and you are soooo close to goal
I have read so much I can't remember everything that was said...soooooooooooooooooo to all who had weight losses WTG. I gained .4 on wednesday still waiting for aunt flo...my pants are getting to big for me almost falling off my butt I think it's time to buy new ones...tight ones so I feel fat again, I really think I'm starting to feel to comfortable in my new skin and I want to cheat sooooooo badly..... Our 17 wedding anniversay is this saturday and I told my dh that I want to go out to eat I hope I didn't make a mistake with this because it's so early in the game to mess up

Thanks for being there for me I really like this group It helps alot....I'll try and post my pic on here this week so you can put a face to the name

Angie
05-03-2007, 04:34 PM
Shannon -- That's awesome news! I hope that you continue to see those kinds of NSV's and get to give up the pills all together.

Danette -- Hmm, anniversary. Well, I'd probably eat light through the day and save lots of exchanges for your dinner out. I'd probably also cheat, but my advice to you is "stay strong!" you can have a great dinner and still stay on plan.

KrispieD
05-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Sorry I haven't been able to post but I got thrown in the slammer for hunting down the cow that dared to talk to Angie like that, threw her in the back of my Mommobile and drove her to every drive thru in town and forced her to eat 22 cheeseburgers in sucession and then got her a tshirt that said "I'm Rude" and left her on the side of the road :)

I'm off to get Letisha's COD so will check in soon!

smjezzy
05-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Sorry I haven't been able to post but I got thrown in the slammer for hunting down the cow that dared to talk to Angie like that, threw her in the back of my Mommobile and drove her to every drive thru in town and forced her to eat 22 cheeseburgers in sucession and then got her a tshirt that said "I'm Rude" and left her on the side of the road :)

LMAO you're out of control!

JLem311
05-03-2007, 05:10 PM

girl, you are freakin' hilarious! maybe you should come and capture the baristas that never leave me alone after i've left work...and never leave messages as to what they want, but they still want me to call them back!?! ughhh...i just want some peace!

KrispieD
05-03-2007, 05:34 PM
I'll add the baristas to my "LIST".. it's a long one.. feel free to add names.
And I'll be happy to do it in return for some venti green tea lattes, non fat, half sweet... not like you Jillian.. you are full on sweet!

Sara.. I missed you and so glad you posted.. the rest of you, I'm catching up after I exterminate all the rude and unruly folks on the planet :)

Repo girl
05-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Ooooooh, can I add some daycare parents to the list?

Shannon- Excellent news, great job!

Jillian- Serenity now!

Dannette- A lot of places have their menu posted online. I try to pick out what I will order before hand, that way I can save the correct foods for dinner. Congrats!

Joni- Have fun being in the audience, that sounds really fun!

KrispieD
05-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Katie... EMILs are first on the list.. I'll be heading to your town as soon as I'm done here..hope you are doing well!

Hello Everyone.. I'm off for Survivor.. and I'll be picking up tips on how to vote people off an island!

Will check in after WI tomorrow.. my BK and a few cocktails gave me a lovely 4lb gain on Monday so they add my new portion in yet but if all is good tomorrow I'll be adding a dairy serving.. bring on the lattes, SF pudding and yogurt!!!

:)

MomOfThreeTeens
05-03-2007, 09:16 PM
Good Thursday evening everybody!

Shannon-Great news from the doctor!

I survived my 2nd day of TO, gonna WI tomorrow. I'm not expecting too much with the arrival of Aunt Flo but it accomplished something, it kept the hormonal munchies at bay for a couple of days, which is why I decided to do it when I did. I tend to go a bit overboard on Lays Sour Cream and Onion chips OMG!!! Sooo even if all it did was keep me from gaining I'll be pleased!

Drs. appointment tomorow, final instructions before my surgery, whew, I'm really going through with this! I wobble between being excited and feeling selfish for spending all that money on myself. Then I decided I've spent 25 years taking care of my family, I've worked hard, I deserve something for just ME so dangit I'm doing it!

Kristen-let me know if you need bail money! LOL

Debbie367
05-03-2007, 09:50 PM
Kim2- you soooooo deserve to have the surgery. Don't let yourself feel guilty.

Shannon - Great news from the Doc!!! Losing weight will reap many rewards...You must feel pumped!

I am trying super duper hard to stay POP. As many of you know I have been on the plan since Oct 2006 and I have lost and gained the same 9lbs. Most of my issues revolve around traveling and flat out laziness. I just don't FEEL like planning however since my 40th b-day I have turned over a new leaf and have lost the weight I gained back from the first of the year and am 150% committed to LAWL. I bought into the 8 week makeover and am OP no matter what. I really really don't want to be a fattyboomblatty any more and I am completely inspired by the members of this board. I guess what I am trying to say is...It's been a tough mental challenge but I am now ready and I want to thank you for keeping me in the game!

Thanks for listening....I feel better....If smoked I'd need a cigarette! LOL

Hugs to all!
Debbie

Angie
05-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Kristen -- Thanks for beating up the mean girl for me! :club: We were in a meeting together today and she brought a jar of candies with her..lol. From now on I'm going to enjoy watching her eat her way to a bigger size and secretly (muah hahaha!) know that she's clogging arteries and building fat with every bite.

Debbie -- :woohoo: Good for you! I'm glad that you've decided to recommit to the program and give yourself the gift of a healthier, sexier body, and all the great things that come with that. Self esteem, confidence, pride in knowing you can do what you set your mind to...all these are yours!

TN Kim -- I'm getting pretty excited for you! Don't forget to take your before pics so we can all get the full appreciation for your after!

Dan2112
05-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Hey gang...

Had a good POP day today (well, until I had to have a few licks off an ice cream cone at dinner) and made it home in one piece..

Hoping that WI tomorrow won't be too discouraging, but you know how it can be when you travel...

As for beer.. I believe it's 1 lite beer = 1 starch.. 1 regular beer = 2 starches... Something like that..

Ordering in German: (phonetically spelled) Ine beeren bitta! (correctly spelled, I think): Eine Bieren Bitte!

ElleofALady
05-04-2007, 06:44 AM
TGIF!!! It's Friday everybody!

Boo'sMom
05-04-2007, 06:59 AM
ok--apparently I can't have a real job because just since being slightly MIA yesterday (trying to learn new terms!--why do they have to change the names of the same thing on me????) I am already behind and I hate being behind! Anyway--been up since 5 trying to get my act together. We have our schoolwide track meet ALL day so I shouldn't have too much time to brood.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU--for all the well wishes. I promise--good or bad--I will let you know. Crap I am a wreck and it's only 5:58am!

Congrats to all of you losing--I have been POP since Sunday which is a minor miracle for me. Still a long ways from this time last year but i got lazy--pointing finger at SELF!

You really all are the greatest and I appreciate you all.

Joni135
05-04-2007, 07:44 AM
Yes. TGIF. LeaAnn, even with a new job you'll figure out a way to check in. Keep up the POP attitude. You can do this!
Morning Letisha! BTW, love your new avatar.
Dan - how do you stop at just a few licks of an ice cream cone? You have da will power!

Last night I went to watch a former co-worker talk about his lifestyle transformation and the motivational speaking business he's starting up. He's a 46 year old guy, married, 3 kids, active in church, and, basically, just didn't work out or watch what he ate and at 5'10" weighed 246 lbs. High Cholesteral. I'll share a few of the things he talked about; maybe something will inspire us all to be good this weekend!!

Marty (my friend) lost 60 lbs and incorporated working out and healthy eating into his lifestyle. No particular diet, (no WW, Jenny Craig, LAWL, etc...but he is NOT against those) He showed us a list of common foods he eats, and someone in the audience commented that it was very South Beach like (lean proteins, good carbs, fruits/veggies galore (he found out he had very high cholesterol about two months after starting the program, so that helped him focus even more on the good foods).

Marty started by going to his local YMCA where they were offering a program called "coach approach." He met with a coach one time a month to get any help he needed on nutrition, exercise, etc. He had a goal to lose 25 lbs in 6 months and make it to the gym 3 times a week. His coach's key advice was "just keep coming back" (to the gym). Marty had a written exercise plan, which he said is key. He equates having your exercise plan written out to printing off a google map of directions. How many of us print off driving directions (okay,I don't have a GPS so I do) to get from point A to point B. Well, I want to get from a size 14 to a size 10, so I need some directions...printed out. (I like this analogy!).

Due to his size (and the fact that he hadn't worked out since college), Marty started out slow...treadmill walking and a few machines. He would add things on in one minute increments or five pound weights. Nothing too extreme. Two years later, he's doing triathalons and loving the challenge.

He only weighed himself once every 2 weeks; he liked seeing the scale change vs. if he weighed every day, he wouldn't see this. (this will be tough for me to do; maybe I'll start with one time a week).

Be Patient and Persistent with your change. His analogy here was you are boiling water; you put the pot on the stove and you check back in a minute and it's not boiling yet; what do you do? Do you take the pot off and give up? No, you leave the pot on the stove and continue to apply the heat. Eventually, the water will boil. Eventually our pounds will come off.

He doesn't use the word diet. He said Diet stands for "Don't Imagine Eating This! or Don't get Interested in Eating This!"

I'm not sure my friend is ready to take his show on the road, but it truly was motivational to hear another real person talk about his successes.

Now for my stupid confession. On the way home, I stopped and bought an ice cream cone and ate it!

bizlawchik
05-04-2007, 07:45 AM
Good morning all! Not much to say yet, but I'm checking in anyway.

katiebug77
05-04-2007, 07:51 AM
Good Morning Letisha!

Good Morning LeAnn! We all have our fingers crossed for you.

Kim - Good luck with your appointments! I am so excited for you!

Debbie - Don't get discouraged! Recommitting for the 8 wk program is a great step, not to mention coming to this forum. We are here for you!

Kristie- If you need an accomplice, let me know. Ooh, and we do have lots of $$$ from wedding gifts, so I can make our bail :)

katiebug77
05-04-2007, 07:52 AM
Good morning Joni and Cassi! Sorry, posting at the same time.

Angie
05-04-2007, 08:09 AM
Good morning everyone!

Joni -- I liked the road map analogy too! Hmmm, I think he has some work to do if you stopped for ice cream! lol That reminds me of when I was a smoker, and whenever there was a quit smoking commercial on tv, I'd light up. It wasn't intentional, not on a conscious level anyway!

Off to check for Josie updates!

Kimphin
05-04-2007, 08:24 AM
Oh, yeah, definitely TGIF, and it is going to be gorgeous here this weekend!

Joni - Wow, great story your friend has! Although, he may need to check out any subliminal messages he may be sending if you ended up at the ice cream shop afterward!

Kristen - as always, you crack me up - "I'm Rude" T-shirt- hysterical.

Shannon - your NSV is the best and most important one of all - congratulations!!!!!

Kim2 - good luck today, and don't feel guilty, feel awesome!

I woke up about 1.5 hours early today - thanks to some horny turkeys (real ones, not the one's you find in bars on weekends) and could not go back to sleep. Wow - I should do that more often, I can't believe how much I got done! Normally I am so not a morning person. Did laundry, washed the kitchen windows (obviously I am not up in time to have the sun shine at such an angle that showed how filthy they were!) I'll probably be asleep at my desk at 2PM!

Gotta go - someone please wake me up at 2:15!

Angie
05-04-2007, 08:33 AM
*Pokes Kim* Wake up Kim... :coffee2: Wow, I should try getting up that early sometime. Maybe I'd finally clean out my hall closet!

Kristen -- I really should get an "I'm rude" tshirt made and send it to her anonymously through the interoffice mail. That might be fun! I can make a series of them actually...rude for her..."I talk with food in my mouth" for my boss..." etc etc...

Joni135
05-04-2007, 09:06 AM
Morning Cassi, Angie, Mrs. Katie Newbride, Kim....

Julie does have an entry on her blog this morning...I actually posted it verbatim on the Julie/Josie thread.

Repo girl
05-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Angie- I love it! "I'm rude", "I talk with food in my mouth", "I don't wash after going to the bathroom", "I pick my nose", "I am 10 minutes late for work every day", "I am the office slut", "I waste half of my time at work on the internet" (oops, that one is for me!). This is quite the business idea. People get online, order a specific T shirt, your company makes the shirt, gift wraps it beautifully, and ships it out to your office nemesis. Anonymously, of course.

Speaking of offices, did anyone catch "The Office" last night. Hilarious, as usual. Oh, what I would give to be a writer on that show.

Joni- Wow, your friend has an interesting story. You know what though, so do we. I think that we should write up a presentation similar to the Vagina Monalouge, and take it to the road. We could call the "Fattyboombalatty Chronicles", or perhaps "Thunder thighs, badonkadonk butts, and other interesting body parts".

Kim- Wow, where do I get some of these horny turkeys? They must be better than an alarm clock!

Lea Ann- I hope that every thing goes really well for you. You deserve this job!

Debbie- Glad to see you with your head in the game! You can do this!!!

Dan- GL at WI!

Kim2- The jitters about surgery is normal, but don't you dare feel guilty. You deserve this, and you have worked way to hard to get there to feel bad about it!

Kristen- I hope that your WI goes well. Those 4 lbs ought to be history by now. Maybe we should start up and EMIL extermination team. We can practice on yours and mine, then start hiring out.

I am so thrilled that it is Friday! I have been at work nearly an hour now, and have done next to nothing. I have to go to an all day conference tomorrow, so I am only working a few hours today to make up for all of the time I am giving up on Saturday. Yahoooooo!

fan4u2
05-04-2007, 09:37 AM
Well I went to the COD for WI and I was very happy I"M 200.6 sooooooo close to onederland That makes me more determined to eat right when we go out tommorrow for our 17th wedding anniversary. I tried to get the menu from the restaurant I want to eat at but it keeps opening to word pad with html format so this sucks, but someone told me that they serve halibut with brossetta on top so I think thats what ill get with a baked potatoe and a side salad (curious to see if i'll stick to it lol) I'm very pleased I still lost with aunt flo comming to visit. Oh by the way I bought grapefruit juice yesterday with all the talk of grapefruits on here latley because I have been drinking my fruits with orange juice so I figured I would give my body a change. Well here is a tip for you all NEVER NEVER have peanut butter and the down a glass of grapefruit juice to wash it down:nono: ....... my DH laughed so hard at the look on my face it was priceless:o Never doing that one again:joker:

smjezzy
05-04-2007, 09:48 AM
Good morning everyone. Thanks for all the comments. I am totally psyched about my blood counts. I've had these issues for over 10 years now and just never really cared enough to do anything. "Oh I'm on pills that control it..." It's so nice to be seeing some positive results especially since the scale isn't budging much. BTW I'm up again.

I teach an ESL class (English as a second language and you've already read my Mexico story so NO I don't speak Spanish) and last night was the last night of class. We went to IHOP so they could practice ordering from the menu. Yes, there were some good choices I could have made but I much preferred going for the belgium waffle. I blame it on Nicole since Belgium and Germany both have a G in the name. Or how bout this, all the Germany talk made me hungry for a waffle. Don't try to find logic in either of those statements, you'll hurt something. I did opt for the sugar free syrup so that counteracts the waffle right? Oh well, guess it's all veggies for me. Boca burgers here I come.

OK Krispie the enforcer - last night my son went to see the premier of Spiderman (I don't know why). He was sitting with his girlfriend on this bench. A man with 2 women walk up and they sit on the other side of the bench. The woman that sat behind my DS starts pushing and wiggling until she knocks him off the bench. He gets back on and then she spills popcorn and brushes it over onto him. I'm so so glad I wasn't there. She'd have been on her a&* on the pavement or at best a lap full of accidentally spilled coke. I don't really understand why people are so rude.

Lea Ann - good luck and I'm crossing fingers for you.

Danette - WTG you're so close!

Everyone else good morning!

Oh and Katie - I love the Office. I would love to work in a place like that. Too funny!

mamato2girls
05-04-2007, 09:53 AM
Good morning! Only have a few minutes. I'm working at home today and also trying to get some laundry and a bit of cleaning in. DH and I are going out of town tomorrow and tomorrow night, and my MIL is going to keep the girls here. (Oh, joy!!) I love my MIL to death, but I freak out when anyone comes to visit (much less my MIL) because my house is always a mess. DH has promised to pitch in tonight and tomorrow morning. I have a lot of temptations ahead of me this weekend. Tonight we're going to celebrate my FIL's birthday, so I have to decided whether or not to do cake. Then, I know that DH and I will be eating out the whole time we're gone...not a good timing for a trip when I only have 5 lbs. to go to goal. :)

Hope everyone has a great day!! I'll try to check in later today or tomorrow morning, since I won't be around much this weekend. Oh, and I am SO enjoying reading JM's blog! I'm so happy for her and Josie!!

No time for personals but just wanted to say, "DANETTE, you are so close to ONEderland. You go girl!!!"

KrispieD
05-04-2007, 10:05 AM
Danette Way to go!!

Angie I'm working on the line of Thshirts as we speak so will have some samples ready.. I got that as my prison duty instead of laundry.
Tshirts for the Ignorant .. Designed by Krispie :)

Shannon I will add the rude lady behind your son to my list..her Tshirt will say I'm too Immature to go to the Movies

Well the mystery gain is gone.. oops.. there was no mystery it was the Burger King.. and I must say even though I ordered it with no mayo.. it was the driest thing I've ever eaten (not that that stopped me) but it made me realize how much they must douse the burger in the white poison! I have to say that it honestly took my system until yesterday to recover.. message sent!! I told my hubby that if I feel a need to have a 'cheat' or a 'choose' as Jillian would say that I will get an extra veggie dish when we order Thai or maybe share a samosa but the fast food is not coming in this house again. Luckily we can custom order pizza as that is a weakness still and a busy mommies friend! Our local chain does a multigrain thin crust veggie and the girls seem to love it as well.
So before the weekend of stomach insanity I was 157.8 and then on Wednesday I went up to 161.6 (gasping in horror!) and today I was down to 157.2 so lost what I gained and a bit.
I also got another exchanged added as it is now week two of stabilization.. one extra dairy!!!!!!!!!! They said the only problem they find when they add the dairy to people's program a lot of people splurge it all on cheese and that cheese is much higher in cholesterol and sodium so they prefer you keep that to a minimum and instead have milk and yogurt. There are so many flavours of yogurt you can get now and I am a smoothie junkie so I can make one for breakfast every day and still have milk left for my coffee and tea. She also suggested crumbling cheese or grating cheese on grilled or cooked veggies and salad. I have been attempting to plan a bbq meal every night to minimize cooking time in the kitchen while our renovations are going on so have been making a huge plate of grilled veggies with the Salad Spritzers and No Salt Cavenders seasonings.. if you aren't a big veggie fan you may enjoy them on the bbq.
Off to pick a paint colour for the kitchen and of course attend to some people on the list.. Katie which EMIL are we taking out first?

Angie
05-04-2007, 10:55 AM
Katie -- Exactly! I’m afraid I would get the ‘spends half her day on the internet’ shirt too. :(

Kristen – Oh how I wish my computer at home was working. I’d like to make up a few sample shirts for your new business on Photoshop. I’m happy for you on many counts…1) that the BK is finally gone and didn’t do lasting damage 2) That you get an extra dairy! 3) happy and jealous that you are bbq’ing….I need to get our tank filled! The veggies sound great. Who was it that recommended grilled cauliflower? I’m going to try that tonight.

Dan2112
05-04-2007, 11:15 AM
Morning all.. WI went pretty well, considering I was out of town for a couple of days...

The COD counselor and I were talking about plans for the weekend.. She has to go to three "first communion" celebrations.. In the Hispanic Catholic culture, that's basically means three huge parties full of food people on LAWL shouldn't be eating.. So I gave her some pointers based on what I do when I'm out of town and having to go to banquets and such... Kind of funny having a client counsel a counselor!

As for us, we're taking DD to "Itz" for her birthday party tomorrow. "Itz" is like a combination of Chuck E. Cheese and CiCi's Pizza Buffet, but on steroids... The one time we were there previously, we made it out of there without cheating too badly, but it's tough... The place is expensive, so Alex is only bringing a couple of friends.. She'll have a more formal party with cake and such next weekend at our house, so she can invite more of her friends..

So I'm going to try to be extra good today in anticipation of tomorrow.. sign.. It's never easy, is it?

Joni135
05-04-2007, 11:54 AM
Dan - Itz sounds divine.......I love fine (expensive) dining when someone else picks up the tab.

Angie - boy, she better make a bunch of those shirts (spends half the day on the internet!).

Kristen - are your prison stripes horizontal! Even on a skinny gal like you, they just don't flatter us, do they? Enjoy your extra dairy. I love that you are so into the proper way to follow the plan. Makes me realize what a cheater cheater pumpkin eater I am.

What color are you opting for your kitchen? (let's see, if it's a 300 sq ft kitchen you get to do Purple; if it's a 250 sq ft kitchen you get to do Blue; if it's a 200 sq ft kitchen you can do Gold)....

Katie - what meds are you on? I want some......LOL
I think that we should write up a presentation similar to the Vagina Monalouge, and take it to the road. We could call the "Fattyboombalatty Chronicles", or perhaps "Thunder thighs, badonkadonk butts, and other interesting body parts".

emmysmom
05-04-2007, 12:24 PM
Hi everyone:wave:

I'm pretty much just lurking today. I was down 1 lb this morning, so I hit the 10 pound mark...yeah!! I still have TOM, so I'm hoping that I see a bigger loss on Monday. My DD wanted to weigh herself, too. She was 30.2...and when I got on, she said "You're 6-6, mommy"...don't know why...but it was cute! Speaking of, my DD is in her first gymnastics "performance" tomorrow at a local fair...picture a bunch of 2 and 3 year-olds doing gymnastics along side the big kids...should be adorable:)

I have some planning ahead to do like some of you...tomorrow we're going our for dinner after the fair. At least we're skipping the fair food. You're right thought, Dan, it's never easy...life happens:)

I guess I'll head off to lunch now (because I've been working so hard this morning...not!!). Today is one of my challenge days where I'm drinking a SF for lunch...yummmm...maybe not.

Mama Nicole
05-04-2007, 01:00 PM
Good morning everyone :)

Oh, wait, it's almost noon........how on earth did that happen?

Lea Ann..........I have been OP since Sunday too..........congrats. It is not an easy thing to get back to :) And Nashville Debbie.....so happy you are back and kicking a$$ too. This is good.....I am not the only loser of losers.....LOL.

Hi Kristen :)

Katie.......I LOVE the office, and I have a small crush on Jim. He is so stinkin funny. And Michael......OMG, what a dinkis. Good times, good times.

I don't have time to play right now........but congrats to everyone who is working hard at staying OP. It is not easy, but one day at a time.....right? (yeah I am trying to convince myself........).

Oh, and I love JM's blog too........I love that she is sharing this experience with us.........and she will be so happy that she has written about this experience. Josie will love reading about it when she grows up.

Ok, I will check in later.......XOXO

Wendelina
05-04-2007, 01:41 PM
Happy Friday Gang!!

WI was good.. down 2.2 from Tuesday. I'm feeling a little pathetic though while I'm scraping every last grain of rice out of my Lean Cuisine lunch....

katiebug77
05-04-2007, 01:57 PM
WTG Wendy!!! Don't worry about the rice thing Wendy. Sometimes I get tempted to lick the sauce from the box :)

mamato2girls
05-04-2007, 02:02 PM
Woohoo, Wendy!! I have to admit I savoured my Lean Cuisine today, as well. I try not to indulge in them very often, but we're a little low on groceries right now, and that was my emergency meal. Not the best choice since we'll be dining out most of the weekend, however. Guess I need to down some extra HLW today!!!

smjezzy
05-04-2007, 02:15 PM
Congrats Wendelina! Moving right along there.

Geez Wendy I you are almost at your goal - Woohoo for you too

LittleBlueCat
05-04-2007, 02:27 PM
2 hours and 5 minutes to quitting time... Can this day go any slower??? :?:

JLem311
05-04-2007, 02:28 PM
hey everyone. just thought i'd check in after a super early, super crazy busy day in the coffee business. not much happening here today.
thinking about catching a nap though. and then a workout. i normally do a workout then nap, but yesterday i did it the other way around and it was fine. hopefully gonna go and WI tomorrow morning...actually i have to since i haven't made it in yet this week. dang. can't believe it's friday already. wow. hopefully i show a loss, but we'll see.

Mama Nicole
05-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Oh, crap......I'm late.....WAKE UP KIM!!!!!!!!!!

Wendelina
05-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Hey Kim!! :frypan: WAKE UP!!

KrispieD
05-04-2007, 04:01 PM
KIM!!!!! KIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Someone go pour some coffee on her head.. you can use my extra dairy to take the bite out!

GailR
05-04-2007, 04:21 PM
Okay.

I'm on page 13 (trying to catch up) and this is what I've retained:

(1) ...and most importantly. Shannon, good for you! Getting off some of the medication is wonderful news! I'm happy for you!

(2) ...keep in mind that I did not take "college prep" courses in high school, just the business courses as I was not going to to college (at that time) so I didn't take a foreign language of any kind. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is--I didn't miss a thing! Even if I had taken a language course I would only either remember to say my name OR ask where the bathroom is! Okay. Just wanted to get THAT straight! Whew! I hate it when I miss out on some things...hmmm...but wait a minuute...NOT knowing where the bathroom is could be a BAD thing!

(3) and Krispie, I would have bailed you out of the pokey! About time someone hunted "the cow" down and gave her what for!

....going back to do more catch-up reading...

KrispieD
05-04-2007, 05:28 PM
Gail .. thanks! It's good to know I've got friends with cash! That way Katiebug doesn't have to spend her nuptuials fund!

Joni135
05-04-2007, 05:34 PM
Gail - I'd think twice if I were you; the exchange rate isn't doing to well in Canada!.....ok ok....the thought of my girls without a mom saddens me...I'll help too.
Kristen - any bevvies on the menu tonight?
I'm going for a massage. I think I've pinched a nerve and hope this helps. It's either a massage or join the girlfriends at cocktail hour. My choice is much more LAWL friendly.

I hope the janitor doesn't lock Kim in the building!

Bye for now.

Nicole - btw - congrats on being POP for 5+ days.
Wendy - 2.2 lbs....congratulations....that's a great loss!

KrispieD
05-04-2007, 05:39 PM
I would love some liquid fruit.. we are also bbqing and it's gorgeous here.. but alas I did have a few last weekend and that added to the whopper contributed to the 4lbs.. I think I should try to be a good girl this week and then next weekend for Mother's Day I'll enjoy a little glass of vintage..hmm maybe just a sip tonight..
NO I WILL BE STRONG.. using my extra dairy for a pudding tonight so that will be my treat.

Enjoy your Friday night everyone!!

equinetcan
05-04-2007, 07:19 PM
hello everyone,

I am still here reading every day but work has been so nuts this week and by the time I get home and check all my different websites and catch up it is time for sleepies!!!

But this had to be the slowest day ever as far as I am concerned. Every minute creeped by even though we were nuts again at work. But I am on vacation!!!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

I don't have to go near that place or talk on the phone all day for a whole week and I plan to relish every minute of it. I am spending the weekend with the furkid although I will be coming home tomorrow night but then back again on sunday. I am looking forward to that. It is supposed to be a bit rainy tomorrow but nice on sunday so I figure I will take her for a walk at the park on sunday.

I get so tired of cooking for just one person that tonight I stopped at Subway and got a chicken sub on oat bread. Maybe not great but better than what I could have had. Tomorrow I will have to stop at the grocery store before I go see furkid to pick up something to make for myself for supper there. Not sure what that will be but we'll see.

Not a lot new here. All I have been doing is working. Next week while I am off I plan to get out to the barn to see my horse a couple of times and also spend some more time with the pooch. A friend and I who is also off next week may get together one day too. Not sure yet. I am just taking one day at a time.

Well, I'll check in later. Have a good weekend everyone!!!

JLem311
05-04-2007, 07:23 PM
enjoy your week off alannah!

zambejaly5
05-04-2007, 08:49 PM
Just a quick hello, WI sucked, up another .4, I felt so yucky yesterday that I didn't eat much but what I did eat was Chinese hot and sour soup. there was so much MSG in it that my legs arms and head burned and I felt horrible. and I felt so icky that I didn't want to drink water either. now I am feeling better but I have got to stop cheating!!!!! If I just stay POP and drink all my water plus some HLW I bet I will be down a bunch on Monday. My counsler wants me to do this summer thing, it is alot like the 8 week makeover but it is for 5 weeks, and some different things. but TO every two weeks. I don't know If I want to do that or not.

Have a great weekend all!

ElleofALady
05-04-2007, 11:30 PM
Joni- Thanks about the avator. We were at Legoland. Kids loved it! I like your friend's idea about mapping out your weight loss & exercise goals. When I get some quiet time this weekend, I may just map out a plan for my Christening challenge. Enjoy your massage,too!

Shannon- WTG about your numbers. Your body is responding to LAWL quite nicely. Keep it up and uhhmm...watch your salt. I want to see you off those BP pills, too.

Dannette- I really like your name. One-der-land sounds better than Disney Land, right now. You will be there by Monday. Happy Anniversary and have a POP weekend.

KrispieD- An extra dairy...lucky you. Perhaps the extra calcium will relax you...jail bandit!:smile:

WendyNC- Have fun on your adult trip. I'm particular about my MIL in my house, too. She already thinks I'm too "big" for her son, so it's no telling what she thinks about my housekeeping skills. Who cares?

Lettie- Shake it off, girlie! I know it's easier said than done, but just know we ALL are sacrificing the foods(well, at least most days) that we are used to and love to the highest heavens... It's all about choices...Dr. Phil, does know what he's talking about most of the time.

Jillian- GL @ WI!

As I suffer from Mommy Brain X 2 today, If I am leaving you out, you know I am sending good vibes your way.

As far as me, I am tired. This Friday seemed to drag along so slowly. Any whooo, my WI on Thurs was down .8, but when I checked my scale today it showed I am down 3 lbs. I hope it shows at tomorrows WI at the COD. By the way, I sampled the LA Chz Curls...they are pretty good. Well, off to bed. I think I will try to meditate a little and focus on weight loss and peace of mind after some Teavana. Good Night!

Angie
05-05-2007, 07:46 AM
Good morning everyone!

I'm off to WI today, so if I'm not down, Kristen, I may need you to come up to Brampton and do some damage to the sclae. I'm not eating or drinking ANYTHING before we get there.

From there it's off to Toddler Trampoline, my effort at wearing out my DS nice and early on weekends. Doesn't work, BTW.

KrispieD
05-05-2007, 08:20 AM
Angie.. I will take care of the sclae for you.. I don't even have my vitamins before I weigh in and I take off my wedding ring LOL
Toddler Trampoline.. I'll have to sign them up for that one.. or in a few weeks you can bring your little man here to meet one of his future wives and have a swim!
I have a church class today so off to repent for all the bad things I thought about my MIL :) Hope you all have a superb day!

Kristen

mamato2girls
05-05-2007, 09:03 AM
Good morning everyone! Probably won't be checking in again until Sunday night or Monday morning. Getting ready to take the kids to my MIL's while DH finishes cleaning the house, then it's off to the beach until tomorrow. Yay! My MIL has decided to keep the girls at her house for most of the day so that FIL can spend time with them, too. She'll probably come here after dinner, so that the girls can stay here tonight. The house is looking pretty good, so I'll try not to stress too much. :) At least this trip is turning out to be pretty cheap (except for GAS!!!) because DH's aunt is letting us stay at her place for free. She will probably only be there part of the time because she lives part time at the beach and part time with her daughter. Too difficult to go into the whole story here. :) Anyway, we're just planning to relax, go out to dinner, and maybe catch a movie. If it's not too crowded, maybe Spiderman 3.

Well, gotta get moving. Hope everyone has a POP weekend!! I know I won't.:o

Debbie367
05-05-2007, 09:21 AM
Good Morning!!!

Danette - Happy Anniversary! Ewwww PB and Grapefruit..I shudder at the thought :)

Kristen- What are we going to do with you? You'd think you would have learned your leason in the slammer but now you are off to make naughty t-shirts! LOL

Dan - Good luck with WI. PUT THE ICE CREAM DOWN..STEP AWAY FROM THE IC!!!

Lea Ann- Great job staying OP!!! I think it gets easier the longer we do it...don't you? Good luck with the job interview...keep us posted.

Joni - Thanks for sharing the motivational WL story. I love to hear success stories- they do inspire me! Of course you and Dan have my brain on ice cream ..LOL

Katiebug - Such a good friend you are.... offering your wedding $$ to bail out Kristen!

Katie- I think my work shirt would say "I'm a BIT*CH" LOL

Tina - Congrats on your loss! Hitting the 10lb marks is AWESOME too, WTG!!:hug:

Wendy II- WTG on your 2.2 loss...After TO those Lean C's will feel like a 4 course meal! LOL

Alannah - Enjoy your vacation!!! Do you ever cook meals and then freeze them for later? I use to cook on the weekend and then freeze single servings for the week.

WendyNC - Have fun on your trip!

Today is WI day....actually yesterday was but I totally forgot to go to the COD! :?: Am I in severe denial mode or what? I've been OP all week but home scales are not budging....TOM is still hanging on so maybe that has something to do with it. Yesterday was the first day, since TO, that I did not have to drink a slimdown for one meal...I felt like a total cheater actually eating my protein and starch...weird huh? Keep your fingers crossed that WI is kind to me today. I really really want to hit the 10lb mark.

I hope you all have a fabulous and OP weekend!

Big Hugs-

Angie
05-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Kristen -- You'll have to beat up someone else's sclae -- mine was cooperative today. I was down 1 since Friday, yippee! I'm hoping for 1 more before my TBL weigh in on Monday.

Good luck to everyone else doing WI today!

stitchinchick
05-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Hi, all!

This is the first time that I've posted in this thread. But I am so happy, I just had to share with someone: I went for my WI today and I was down a pound (no biggie); but the big news was that I was measured for the first time since I signed up & I have lost a total of 17"!!!!! Although the pounds have def. been coming off, so I know I was losing - still: to actually see the results in INCHES - That was awesome & made me that much more determined to continue on (finally!) shedding this weight...Although I have a long way to go, it feels a little shorter today!

Hope everyone else is having a good day...

GailR
05-05-2007, 02:40 PM
I just got home from visiting my oldest daughter--she's expecting her first child ANY DAY NOW. Bless her heart, she is retaining fluid badly. I walked in and there she was like she was weighted down. She's ready but obviously my grandson is not. She's tired.

I'm POP. I've been going through the LAWL cookbook I have and have jotted some ingredients down for my next trip to the grocery store. I ate a turkey burger for the first time last night. It was good!

Other than visiting my oldest daughter, doing housework, reading, and knitting a little, that's about it. Just wanted to check in.

Debbie367
05-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Congratulations Angie and Becca!

Gail - I think your grandson is waiting to make a grande entrance! LOL

Well...I DID IT!!!! I lost 2.2lbs this week (first week of the 8 week makeover plan) and have finally made it past 10lbs. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! My mini-goal is to lose a total of 15lbs by May 17th.

Here's to a POP weekend!

JLem311
05-05-2007, 04:41 PM
hey everyone. WI was ok, i was down about a pound. i suppose better than nothing since i was so horrible last weekend and did a TO to get most of the water weight off, so all in all, it was fine.
not much going on today. i took a long nap today since i didn't have to work at all today. it was nice to just do nothing and relax.
hope everyone has a great weekend.

Debbie367
05-05-2007, 05:02 PM
Congratulations Jill!!! A pound is pound..take it and run :)

JLem311
05-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Congratulations Angie and Becca!

Gail - I think your grandson is waiting to make a grande entrance! LOL

Well...I DID IT!!!! I lost 2.2lbs this week (first week of the 8 week makeover plan) and have finally made it past 10lbs. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! My mini-goal is to lose a total of 15lbs by May 17th.

Here's to a POP weekend!

2.2lbs! that's great! congrats! keep it up! you'll definitely be able to make that goal!

fan4u2
05-05-2007, 08:34 PM
Thank you all for the well wishes for our anniversary!!!!! We went out this evening to a great restaurant ......All I ate today was 1/2c of cereal with
1/2 c of milk ..... lunch large coffee and a biscotti .......WELL supper was fabulous I had oven baked halibut it was about 9 ozs with 3 large scallops and 3 large shrimp covered in tomatoe and onion in a white sauce but it seemed really light not heavy it came with a large baked potatoe and green and yellow beans ,turnip ,brocolli,califlower it was sooooooooooooooooooooooooo good .......oh and yah i had sour creams a tablespoon full not a level one hehehheh and of couse the roll I was starving by the time the meal came........Oh I forgot the beer just one........so I don't think I did so bad What do you think? did I do good To all who lost weight I'm very proud of you...ANgie and ohmmmmmmmmmm the one with the grandson comming sorry I don't remember your name and the new girl with the great loss on the inches....Just giggling here I think the one beer went to my head first drink in 7 weeks feels like maybe 2 or 3....happy happy happy sitting here drinking water now feels like another beer though....well maybe just one .........no none......just one ......no none ..........the fat cells are tempting me :dizzy:
Well have pop weekend all
ok fat cells won.........:cheers: CHEERS ALL

MomOfThreeTeens
05-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Good Saturday evening everybody! WI yesterday was good, To during TOM was a good thing, kept the munchies at bay and I was down 2.6! Pre-op appointment went great, got all my last minute instructions, now just the waiting game and hopefully a few more pounds off before then!

Hope everybody has had a great weekend! It rained here all day so me and hubby spent the whole day being bums in bed watching old westerns on TV. He goes non stop all the time so it was nice to see him relax.

Congrats to all you losers! Heh, only place I know of that its a good thing to be a loser! LOL

MomOfThreeTeens
05-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Ohhhh man I forgot something, I had a slice of thin crust cheese pizza from Pizza Hut last night and OMG it was like ambrosia! LOL Thats the first pizza I've had in 7 months! It felt nice to know I could STOP at only one piece! Had a huge salad with it so I got full. I hadnt done pizza because I was so afraid I wouldnt be able to stop myself, I even resisted the bread sticks! It wasnt too hard after looking at the nutrition info, those freakin things have 150 calories a piece, sheesh! One slice of a large cheese pizza only has 190! I couldnt believe the bread stick would be so much! Glad I didnt eat one before I checked! LOL

Jillibean1
05-05-2007, 11:17 PM
Kim - Wow! I can't believe the calorie count of the Pizza Hut breadsticks. They are my biggest downfall. I won't even go into Pizza Hut at the moment because I know that I would not be able to resist them. Good for you that you came armed with information.
I went to WI today and was down 3 pounds. The weight seems to be steadily coming off. I'm leaving for a cruise on June 17th, so I want to get more of this weight off before then. I am worried about all that great cruise food....
Jill

MomOfThreeTeens
05-05-2007, 11:20 PM
Congrats, great loss Jill!! You'll be lookin hot by your cruise!!!!

Debbie367
05-06-2007, 08:18 AM
Congratulations on your loss Kim2 and Jill!!!! I have really been craving pizza...Have you ever tried Mellow Mushroom pizza? It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. ::drifting off into pizza dream land::

Angie
05-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Deb -- Congratulations on making it past 10lbs!!! Even better than you'd hoped. I bet that willl keep you pretty motivated to make it to 12 lbs this week!

TN Kim -- You too...you're getting so close to your TT date, and you're doing so well. What a great NSV with the breadsticks. Wish I'd read that before we went to a bday party there a few weeks ago....I ate 3 of them!

Gail -- WTG on your loss!

Danette -- Hey! It feels a bit like we're on Survivor, and you got to go on a reward challenge, and then came back and described it to the starving. Did you bring me a dinner roll? A half gnawed on bit of potato? Hmm??? ;) J/k...congratulations on your anniversary, and I'm glad you had a good time!

Kimphin
05-06-2007, 12:23 PM
Oh, crap......I'm late.....WAKE UP KIM!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Kim!! :frypan: WAKE UP!!
KIM!!!!! KIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Someone go pour some coffee on her head.. you can use my extra dairy to take the bite out!

Aww... thanks for remembering! I never did fall asleep - the auditors kept me hopping! And, here I am at home on a gorgeous Sunday AM .... doing work (well... obviously not right now! LOL) I'm stressing. Thank God I have Thursday off.

Cinquo de Mayo got me. Lemon water it is for me today!

momerath
05-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Kim, congrats on sticking to one slice! I love Pizza Hut, and before, my fiance and I would each eat half a large pizza and half of a large serving of cheesy breadsticks... the amount of calories I must have consumed makes me cringe, and boggles my mind!

I have a job interview at Red Lobster in about an hour, and I'm getting pretty nervous (although not nervous enough to go off plan, I'm getting better, guys!). Wish me luck! :eek:

BobbySam
05-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Somehow everytime we change months, I loose the right thread! Way too many pages to try and catch up on. Hope everyone is doing well. I've hit 20 lbs.!!!! Yes!

Debbie367
05-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Sarah -Good luck with your interview!

BobbySam - CONGRATS on hitting 20lbs....:; doing a happy dance::

FYI....JM has a new video of Josie posted.....too cute!

Today has been a strange eating day...I am OP but just eating off my normal pattern...could be the big 2 hour nap I took earlier. LOL

With all the tournadoes around I hope everyone is okay...my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Debbie