Support Groups - Crazy Canuks Cluck Club - May '07

View Full Version : Crazy Canuks Cluck Club - May '07

meowee
05-01-2007, 06:36 AM
Okay Gang . . . here we are at our new chat thread for the current month.

One little spot in the great big 3FC world where we can speak/spell 'Canadian' when we need to . . . use the metric system for temperatures and measurements . . . and talk about great 'finds' for the diet concious in Canadian stores . . . all without having to wonder if anybody else will know what it is we are talking about. ;)

If you are a continuing member . . . :welcome2: . . . glad you found us and don't forget to "subscribe" to the thread so you'll be able to find us more easily from now on. If you are a brand new member . . . :wel3fc: . . . as well. Tell us where you're from and what your programme is and then just jump on in and start posting.

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned. If we just keep doing the best we can,as much as we can, the rewards will follow.

See you soon . . . :carrot:

meowee
05-01-2007, 06:56 AM
Morning all . . . :hug:

Did you notice the lack of a "Good" at the beginning of that sentence? It is snowing. Hooray, hooray . . . the first of May. :( Yuck.

Thanks for all the good wishes, gang . . . obviously I survived the second eye surgery. . . although I cannot call it quite the rousing success of eye one. This one needed to have a stitch (horribly mind-boggling to think about a stitch in your eyeball, somehow) and consequently it is considerably more tender than the other one was. Also not as great a vision improvement either. All in all, though, life is good. Once this eye is pronounced healed, I can hardly wait to get to the optometrist for new glasses. I think that will make all the difference. Of course, don't know if I'll be able to fit that in before the hysterectomy. Wow, this is not one of my easiest years to plan. :dizzy:

On the home front . . . I've been pronounced 'trustworthy enough to sleep on' by the kittens. Purrecious is back to her 'flying squirrel' routines and is playing with the kittens. They love Jazz (who lets them play with his tail) and Mouse -- well, he just ignores them. All of my routines (eating, moving, blood glucose control) were out of sync yesterday and so far today doesn't look a lot better -- but hopefully everything will be back to normal soon.

Anyway, that's enough about me for now. Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned and that you have better weather than we do in Atlantic Canada, too. See you soon . . . :carrot:

BerniceOntario
05-01-2007, 09:58 AM
Good morning,

We had company for the last week, and now i am back on track. Not feeling great but one step at a time is what i have to keep in mind.

I did post on the quick reply but the posts never appeared. Don't know why.

I guess i have such a feeling of self loathing, these days. I am sure many of you have been there, done that and now smile and say you have passed that point and are on to self love.

I won't weigh in untill Thursday morning.

I am clallanging myself to one day. Today is the day.
Toast, low fat cream cheese, coffee. So far so good.
We are bringing in the last of the wood today, so bend pile, bend pile......here i go.

Thanks for listening.

Bernice

Bernice

canadian mom
05-01-2007, 10:26 AM
It was snowing here first thing this morning also but it has stopped now but it is dreary.

HeatherAngel
05-01-2007, 11:12 AM
Dreary here too, but at least April is over! :)

Meowee - I hate to think of a stitch in your eyeball, but wishing you a speedy recovery from surgery!

Bernice - one day at a time - that's really the only way, right? :hug:

Hi Jen! :D

Okay all - I did NOT meet my proposed mini-goal for May 1st... and the weirdest thing is, I don't mind. I mean, I would have LIKED to, but during my nasty cold (or viral throat infection thing) last week, I ate. And made poor choices. So, with two pounds to go, I don't really feel all that awful about it - after all, the inches are still coming off, the scale is still going down, and *I* am controlling all of it! :) I expect to lose those two pounds this week, and I feel VERY good about knowing exactly why I didn't meet that mini-goal!

Keep moving and shaking all! Or, in the Nova Scotia snow - at least shaking! :D Oh, I am SOOO funny... not! :)

Heather

BerniceOntario
05-01-2007, 11:22 PM
Today was a really good day.

I helped my DH stack about two and a half cords of wood, he dumps it in the wood room and i stack it.....bend, stack bend stack. Then i went outside and weeded the heck out of the garden and dug out three potentella bushes that were all woody. And if that was not enough to get the bugs out of my funk mood, i walked 2.2 k.

I feel so much better. Even just posting this morning got it out into the open and i had to deal with it, rather than just swollowing my emotions.

Challange for tomrrow, greet the day with a smile and do my best.

Thank you for your encouragement today, it was much appreciated.

Bernice

HeatherAngel
05-02-2007, 12:44 AM
Bernice - :hug:
Glad to hear you had such a great day! :)

eusebius
05-02-2007, 01:06 AM
Hi everyone. Can't believe it is May already. My little angel will be 4 this month and it still seems like yesterday that we were fighting to get DH into the hospital for her birth (she was born during the SARS epidemic). The weather here was a bit dreary today but on Monday it was just gorgeous.

Linda - :hug: I am glad the surgery went OK and I hope the recovery process is trouble-free. I'm sure those kitties will help!! Good thoughts to you as you go through this stressful time!!:goodvibes

Bernice - WTG on a terrific day!! How inspiring that you overcame all those challenging emotions to achieve such a good result. I have BTDT and still have many, many tough moments but that is what these boards are for ... we can support each other!!

Heather - You WILL get rid of the 2lbs this week, I know it!! It is VERY hard to keep on track when you're sick but I know you will bounce back quickly. GO HEATHER GO :cheer: :carrot:

:wave: to everyone else ... hope I can be more active on this May thread.
cheers
e.

Ilene
05-02-2007, 01:49 AM
eusebius -- My oldest baby turns 19 this month... oh, my, oh, my I feel old :( ... Time just goes by way too fast :yes: ...

It's getting late and I can barely type, so I'm off to bed :yawn:

BerniceOntario
05-02-2007, 08:25 AM
Good morning,

Woke up smiling and in control, what can be better?

I hauled out my WW book this morning. I was wondering if there were some very good WW sites here.

Last fall i joined on line, but i really dont want to go that route this time. I certainly know the drill at this point. I had a motive as i was having surgery in October and lost 13.5 lbs with no effort at all, so i know i can do it. I used the points as a guide line and at first was shocked to see what i really was consuming in the course of a single day.

Ilene, eusebius and heatherangel, thank you for your kind words.

Can you tell me please, what is the difference between the quick reply and this post?

I will try to post at least once a day.

Anyone up for small step challanges?

Bernice:D

HeatherAngel
05-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Hi eusebius! :wave: GREAT to see you!

Bernice - another great start today then - well done! I remember starting WW a few years back and being absolutely STUNNED by what went in my mouth in a day - it taught me a LOT! :) There is a WW group on this site - do be sure to check it out. As for advanced and quick replies, the only difference I notice is that I can add more smileys that I wouldn't know how to make otherwise - LOL! :D But I'm sure that can't be it, so no doubt a moderator or someone more 'advanced' than me can clarify this for you :)

Jen, Ilene - howdy chickies! :cool:

Meowee - how ya feelin' today? :hug:

I have to make today my 'running around' day - getting groceries and household tasks done - blah... boring, but necessary.

Have a great day, all!
Heather :D

meowee
05-02-2007, 11:12 AM
Hi gang . . . :hug:

Started the day with a little sunshine . . . but it is fading fast . . . and it is still non-seasonal in the temperature department. . . :(

At least I had a good night's sleep last night and the eye is feeling a little bit less painful this morning, but I certainly know it is still there. BGL has been dreadful . . . don't know what they pumped into me to "calm me down" during the surgery on Monday, but I wish it would soon flush away. :(

Kittens (and adults) are doing fine . . . although I feel like I've got 3 babies in the house and I always seem to be wiping little cat bottoms (they are not exactly the neatest in the litter yet). Doing the 'kitten shuffle' has become the standard way of walking for everybody who comes into my house to avoid stepping on one. I know they will be out of kitten-hood in the of an eye so I'd better enjoy it while I can. :D

Been pondering long and hard about the upcoming hysterectomy and think I may delay it until the Fall . . . I've had enough for now what with the three minor surgeries so far this year and I really need a break. Haven't had any 'problems' since the one that started everything last September/October so it should be a safe little delay -- yeah, I know, famous last words. :dizzy: Haven't called the GYN yet. Going to wait until next week to see if I feel any differently about it by then.

Bernice . . . there is definitely a Weight Watchers forum on 3FC and here's a link . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2 . . . you will find all sorts of stuff over there. BTW, I never use "quick reply" because "advanced" gives you so many more options and it is only one little button click to get there. Then you can keep things simple or use as many of the extra options as you want.

Okay everybody . . . keep things moving and shaking today . . . see you later . . . :carrot:

greeneggsandtam
05-02-2007, 01:09 PM
:flow2: :flow1: :flow2: :flow1:
It's MAY!!!

Hello all...Happy May!
I hope and trust all is well in the lives of everyone here. Meowee - Hang in there with your eye recovery! :hug: Have a hug. I hope you'll be feeling better soon.

Heather , Bernice, Ilene, Eusebius - Happy Wednesday....
It feels like I've been off my plan for months on end, but it's only been a week. This is what happens when life gets in the way. It's funny. Sometimes I'm sure that a healthy lifestyle is what I lead and that it doesn't take all that much effort, and then I sort of de-rail myself and BLAM! - I'm off to the phone to order Vietnamese...then I can't seem to get up early enough to get to the gym and it's easier to buy lunch and drive to work, not bike..:(

Oh well perhaps coming here is the most sane and sensible thing to do. - Although admittedly I'm typically not one for sane and sensible. Cheers to better choices I guess.

Anyways, look at me blathering on. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!
Tam

canadian mom
05-02-2007, 03:00 PM
A little chilly here today but at least the sun is out. I went out for groceries today so of course all the "good" fruit willbe eaten first. I am down a pound but 1 pound up from ticker but once TOm is done I hope to be back at ticker then hopefully downhill from there. i am finally COMPLETELY back on plan not just half assed......

meowee
05-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Just quick :wave: from me today . . .

I was out and about for around 4 hours today and then I spent a couple of hours trying to read this afternoon. My eyes are both aching and I'm so tired I can hardly keep them open, anyway. :(

My vision is so much better now that the cataracts are gone that my glasses are next to useless. I can't read with them or without them -- my arms must have shrunk during the surgery, I guess. ;) But I really need them for driving and distance vision, but the prescription is actually too strong and gives me a headache. :( I have to wait 3 to 4 weeks (until the second eye is deemed completely healed) before I can go to the optometrist to get new ones. Nothing works really well for looking at the computer either -- although it is easier than trying to read a book or magazine. This is going to be a long month. . . :o

Anyway, gang . . . I hope everybody keeps things moving and shaking wherever you are . . . and I will at least try to stop in for a quick hello again tomorrow . . . see you then.

canadian mom
05-03-2007, 05:52 PM
just a quick Hi

Meowee~ I don't know what I would do if I could not read. My kids would drive me bonkers i am glad your are feeling well after your surgery.

i was at ticker weight this morning. I hope it sticks

meowee
05-04-2007, 06:40 PM

I am going bonkers . . . although I can read by putting the book in one of those cookbook holders just beyond arm's reach . . . but it is a nuisance when I need to turn the page. . . :dizzy:

Anyway, the eye is definitely still being a pain (both literally and figuratively). The weather is not helping any either - cold and rainy today and predicted for the rest of the weekend - although it is finally supposed to warm up (low to mid 20's) for Monday and Tuesday . . . hope they are right. :^: Kittens are still trying to eat me alive; but they are so darn cute, it's hard not to :lol: at them even when they are bad.

Nothing on my agenda for the weekend . . . hope everybody else has great moving and shaking plans . . . look forward to seeing you all again soon . . . :carrot:

canadian mom
05-04-2007, 06:45 PM
I ahve posted this everywhere cause i am so dang proud....I made a chocolate cake today and do not feel guilty cause the cake (with out icing) is 113 cals for 1/12 of cake and the hubby loved it said it was one og the best ones I have made! Oh yeah with Betty Crocker french vanilla frosting it came under 300 cals.

meowee~ I hope your eye is feeling better soon. that would be a nuicence reading a book that far way.

meowee
05-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Hey JEN . . . is that a 'scratch' recipe? How about sharing it, whatever it is? . . . I never met a chocolate cake (or a chocolate 'anything' for that matter) that I didn't love.:love:

canadian mom
05-04-2007, 07:22 PM
yes it is from scatch except the frosting I usually make my own but it was on sale the other week and I looove french vanilla.

cocoa cake (chocolate cake)

preheat oven 350 degrees

1 3/4 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp salt
1tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup margarine
1 1/2 cup Splenda
2 eggs(whole)
1tsp vanilla
1 1/14 cup skim milk

bake for about 20-25 mins.

i usually make peanut butter icing for chocolate cake

3tbsp margarine
beat in
1/2 tsp of vanilla(optional)
few grains of salt
blend in
2 cups of icing sugar
2-21/2 tbsp skim milk

for peanut butter icing I add about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of peanut butter depends how peanutty I want it. to do a 2 layer cake doubble recepie.

for chocolate add 3 tbsp cocoa.

cals for 1 batch of vanilla are about 1056 so for a boubble batch it will still be about 300 cals with peanut butter icing it is about 500 cals.

HeatherAngel
05-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Mmmm - Jen - that sounds GREAT! and GOOD for you!! (in both senses! :)

Meowee - hope that eye stops being a pain (in both senses! :)) soon!

I met my mini-goal today, folks - yay me! (four days late - who cares? I'm there, aren't I? All is happy in Heather's World.. and sorry, meowee, but the sun is a-shinin' here!

Chat properly next week when the show is all over!

oldtimehockey
05-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Hi, All!

Just a quick "fly-by" from the lower 48 to say "hi"! It's a busy Saturday; I'm off to take DD to visit her father and maybe take a hike.

Meowee - I hope the eye is feeling better. I can't think of anything worse than a stich in the eye! I can't even bring myself to say "keep your eyes peeled" when we're looking for something!

I'll write more tonight, provided I can stay awake!

Em

chinook
05-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Hi everyone,
My name is lisa and I live up in whitehorse and doing the ww online as we don't have meetings up here (no lifetime members to do it) so it is my goal to lose my weight and start meetings up here although I have a long way to go.
I've just started this week so no weight loss yet but my first weigh in is Monday (fingers crossed). Anyway, You all have a great day .

srmb60
05-05-2007, 04:18 PM
Welcome Lisa!
It is glorious here today. I planted onions, salady stuff and squash. I've got laundry on the line. There's lots more I could be doing ... if I only had a wheel barrow. Mine died last fall.

Wide in Winnipeg
05-05-2007, 10:43 PM
Hi Folks! I've gone astray for awhile but I'm finally starting to get back on track!
Been raining for 2 days here and probably one more to come, I suppose we could use it to rid us of the dirt and grime that covers the grass.
Off to a country social tonight and I plan on doing some 2 steppin' and a few swings also, should be fun!
have a good one!

srmb60
05-06-2007, 07:56 AM
Hi Wendy!

Morning everyone.

meowee
05-06-2007, 08:32 AM
Hi Gang . . .

Still have rain - still have a semi-sore eye - still have insane (but awfully cute) kittens. So nothing is new for me.

Hope everybody is having a great fun and moving,:carrot: shaking weekend. See you later.

rainstorm
05-06-2007, 03:36 PM
Hey everybody!! Thanks meowee for letting me know about this group!!

I went to WW today and i lost 3.8 lbs! 3 more lbs and I get my 10%! I saw snow flurries today. It better not snow. I need spring and summer! I love snow and winter too, but its not the time for it now! lol

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Rainstorm

meowee
05-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Glad you found us, RAINSTORM . . . :hug:

Congratultions on that nice, nice loss. :D Keep up the great work, chickie. BTW, I'm in Pictou . . . where are you? Just being nosey . . . feel free to tell my to go jump in the harbour, if you want. ;)

See you later . . . :carrot:

oldtimehockey
05-07-2007, 12:11 AM
Hi, All!

Welcome, Lisa! :welcome2: I've never been up to Whitehorse, but it's on my "short list" of places to visit!

What a great weekend! I spent yesterday at the zoo with The Baby, just walking around and talking about the different animals. Then we went out for swordfish - just plain ol' delicious swordfish with a touch of lemon. Mmmm-mmm, good! :hungry:

Today was a bit chilly, but I got some housework done, and a bunch of errands. I'm not a big t.v. watcher, but I did bounce between the Red Sox game and the Rangers/Buffalo game while I was cleaning and doing laundry.
Tough news for us Red Sox fans - Roger Clemens is headed back to the Evil Empire (the Yankees :devil:).

Tomorrow is another day - I've got my meal plan, my exercise plan, and I'm rarin' to go! :broc:

Have a great Monday, Everybody!

Em

srmb60
05-07-2007, 07:21 AM
Morning! The sun is shining here again. We're on a roll I think.

meowee
05-07-2007, 08:43 AM
Good Morning . . . well, it is Morning, at least . . .

Unfortunately it seems to be shaping up to be one of those days where things just all go wrong. The power-mate for my vacuum cleaner is broken -- needs a new agitator assembly, I think. :( My refrigerator has decided it doesn't want to . . . refrigerate. :( It's a little over 12 years old. Before I get too panic stricken, guess I'll pull it out and vacuum the coils (don't need the rug-beater-attachment for that) to see if I get lucky. My stove (same age as the refrigerator) has decided it will only be a three burner model now :( -- no, it is not just a fuse and no, it is not the burner itself, I've already checked those possibilities. :mad:

Hey, at least the sun is trying to shine and the temperature is supposed to get to the mid to high teens. :cool: So not everything is bad. Eye is feeling a little better. Kittens and cats are all fine -- did you know that 3 small kittens have a total of 54 needle sharp little claws and I'm not sure how many needle sharp little teeth -- but I get to feel them all every day. :)

Had finally decided to break down and buy a couple of window A/C units -- hate them, they are so ugly and so noisy -- since my house is electric baseboard heated, I have no forced air system to hook up for central air conditioning. We don't get too many really bad weeks down here, but I'm getting less tolerant of temperature fluctuations as I get older. So, now what . . . do I go ahead and buy those or do I wait to see if I have to buy a new refrigerator. I can probably live with a three burner stove, but not with a large white warm food-storage-cabinet. :p

Oh darn . . . live does seem to get complicated sometimes . . . makes me hungry . . . and not for a bunch of nice healthy veggies . . . :o

Hey that's enough of my little :tantrum: for now. Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking day on the go. See you soon . . . :carrot:

meowee
05-07-2007, 08:53 AM
Okay. . . since it is 'one of those days' anyway . . . I looked up "feline dentition" -- kittens have 26 teeth (adult cats have 30) so the three of them have 78 -- bringing the needle sharp instruments to a total of 132 . . . all of which get used on each other, and everything else in the house, including me, with great regularity. I hope I survive their kitten-hood. :lol:

BTW . . . puppies have 28 and adult dogs have 42 . . . I just knew you couldn't live another moment without that information . . . :rofl:

rainstorm
05-07-2007, 10:17 AM
morning all! today is a really nice day so i'm gonna go for a walk sometime today! hows everyone today?? how was everyones weekend?? meowee i live in cape breton:P i think it is in us nova scotians to be nosey...lol:P
Hope everyone has a great day!!

HeatherAngel
05-07-2007, 01:51 PM
Meowee - thanks for the info - I'll be sure to remember that (hopefully not while being bitten!!) :D

Welcome Em, Rainstorm, Wendy and Lisa! Nice to see you here :)

Nothing of news, folks - all is good in my world :) Finished the show last night and burned off LOTS of calories tearing down the set which took a little over four hours... going to get my bike out this week, and get walking again starting tonight (although hubby wants to walk with me after dinner, so we'll be 'easing in' as opposed to a power walk!)... still not snacking, either!

The sun is shining, so I might get started building that gazebo I bought that has just been sitting there, waiting to be built...

Hope everyone is moving and shaking and doing well!

meowee
05-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Okay . . . here's one of the best bits of news I've seen in a long time . . .

Primo has revamped quite a few of their soups to make them healthier . . . mainly by making some drastic cuts in the amount of sodium, always one of the killer things about canned soup . . . for example, they've cut the sodium in my absolute favourite Lentil Soup by 50%.

Now . . . if only Habitant would follow the same pattern and do something about the sodium content in their French Canadian Pea Soup.

HeatherAngel
05-08-2007, 11:58 AM
Morning, Munchkins!

Yesterday I bought a box of Breyer's 70 Calorie Frozen Fudge Bars... really very tasty and satisfying! Even hubby had one and said they were very nice :)

I have no other news, so that's it - :D

Have a great day!

Heather :)

Ilene
05-08-2007, 12:02 PM
A gorgeous day in the neighbourhood today :sunny: ... I work all day so tonight I will bike :ebike: ... Can't wait, I love biking!!

meowee
05-09-2007, 08:51 AM
Good Morning everybody . . . :hug:

Just not feeling very talkative today . . . really odd for me . . . :?:

Have a great day . . . see you all later . . . :carrot:

Ilene
05-09-2007, 09:38 AM
G'morning girls :wave:

I slept well last night but woke up with a headache ... Probably because of the glass of wine I had last night before bed, some wines give me a headache some don't ... After this post I'm off to run to the gym, workout, then run back home, get ready, go to work....

Same ole, same ole... TTFN :wave:

chocco
05-09-2007, 09:54 AM
Hello everyone , i have been kicking around the site for about 1month now and i really like it . i was weighed in yesterday and lost 2 3/4lbs ; grand total of 42 3/4lbs . i feel great ! on the other hand i went out last night and had what i call my cheat of the week. i went way overboard , i could just kick myself , anyway i guess i will be drinking lots of water and hopefully make time for the treadmill. if anyone has some encouraging words i would be greatful. i for some reason feel really bad about last night ; eventhough i have a cheat meal everyweek. i guess i do not usually make such a pig of myself . talk to you all later . have a great day !

annette

canadian mom
05-09-2007, 10:33 AM
we spent most of the day outside yesterday,it was goergous and it is supposed to be the same today. I have got my exercise done this morning now i just have to shower an dstart laundry then sfter lunch the little ones and I are outside for the afternoon.

rainstorm
05-09-2007, 10:51 AM
hey all!! so tired this morning!! i woke up at 4:0 bbecause my sister was getting ready for work and the kids were crying...i dont know how my sister does it...lol i did pretty good with my eatingyesterday...but no exercise really...today i'm gonna take the kids outside..its beautiful out:P hope everyone has a great day!

canadian mom
05-09-2007, 05:41 PM
We spent the afternoon outside and I am now burnt and yes i had sunblock on,no I didn't reaply....oh well too late now. The kids had a blast I am sooooo happy nice weather is here now I just hope it stays.

HeatherAngel
05-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Pretty quiet all round today... and nothing new here either - LOL!

Chat tomorrow :)

Heather

rainstorm
05-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Hey all!! How's everyone this morning? Its another beautiful day here, so I'm going for a walk in a bit. Spring is FINALLY here!! I can't wait for summer. I'm hoping to look decent in a bathing suit this year. LoL! I want to get below 200 by June. Just 9.8 lbs left:P Well, I hope everyone has a great day!
:D

greeneggsandtam
05-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Good Morning Crazy Chickies!
Thursday. Man!! ...where does the time go?? I haven't been around lately and as can be expected, have been sticking to no plan. As soon as I buggered my knees, I cut down on the exercise and well...the rest goes without saying. So here I am again. I hope and trust people are well. :hug: :hug:
I am off on a road trip tomorrow with my SO and that should be a scream. we eat fairly healthfully so no issues there. And the first outdoor soccer game Sunday.
I am hoping to go for a bike or a run after school and after the road trip- back to the accursed gym. I mean..ahem just back to the gym.
Gettin back on track!:carrot:
Everyone have a great Day!!
Tam

sweetNShoney
05-10-2007, 01:47 PM
Hi everyone!

I have a question for you all, I am trying to lose about 30lbs and I have been eating better lol for about 2 months I have only lost a couple pounds, althought I have toned up some from excerise, I have been counting my calories on fitday and I seem to eat alot of carbs, fats and protein seem about even could this be the reason I am not losing the pounds?? I need more protein maybe??

Thanks for any insight

Ilene
05-10-2007, 03:06 PM
sweetNShoney -- That may be why you're not losing... You'd have to try to cut carbs and increase protein and see what happens... We're all different...

greeneggsandtam - :welcome: back :wave:

It's a gorgeous day here, but clouding over now :( ... I biked an hour and ran an hour this morning :D I feel quite virtuous ...

meowee
05-10-2007, 06:57 PM
Hi Gang . . . :hug:

Wow . . . this has been one of those busy days that seem to just disappear in the ;) of an eye. Started cleaning at 7:30 this morning and didn't get stopped until just a little while ago . . . weather is so nice right now. Anyway, the A/C units are installed, then the freezer got moved. Furniture pushed and shoved and cleaned behind -- you know the usual spring routine stuff. Unfortunately the refrigerator has not had a miraculous recovery even though it is so clean all over that it squeeks; so guess I'll call Sears for a service run in the morning. :( In the meantime, I'll try to think of having to run up and down the stairs to the big freezer as a form of extra exercise. :dizzy:

CHOCCO/ANNETE . . . :hug: . . . Welcome to our little group and :wel3fc: . Hopefully you you will love it here as much as the rest of us. BTW -- where (or what) is "ysj"???

SWEET . . . :hug: . . . Hve to agree with Ilene . . . we are definitely all different. Also, well exercised muscles will tend to hold water while they repair themselves. Definitely try increasing your protein and try to get a bigger majority of your carbs from veggies, if you can. All those great micro-nutrients help too.

Well, guess I'd better go make myself the BIG dinner-time salad. Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking evening . . . see you soon . . . :carrot:

chocco
05-10-2007, 07:47 PM
HI Meowee , thanks for the welcoming banner, much appreciated . I 've been kicking around for a few weeks now and just found the cannucks yesterday.
YSJ is Saint Jean , New Brunswick . I am originally from Moncton moved here 10years ago for work .

I love this site. I will definitely need some support on my adventures to model city . LOL . Loosing weight is not a piece of cake . ha ha !! Actually i think i need some words of support right now . I have been craving all day and i just want to attack a bag of cheez eez while my husband is not here. Maybe i will just go get the kids ready for bed instead and then get my super taco salad ready for supper . without the taco chips of course .

bye for now

annette

meowee
05-10-2007, 08:38 PM
Oh those cravings . . . luckily I do not like cheezies. . . now, chocolate - that's a different story . . .:drool: A big glass of water (or two) while typing on 3FC helps to get me past the crucial time. ;)

srmb60
05-11-2007, 09:31 AM
Morning everyone! I'm off to the GT Boutique this morning. I have not one top that is even remotely Springy coloured.

canadian mom
05-11-2007, 10:51 AM
Man it is dreary here today I am spoiled now witht he nice week we had. I hope to get out for a walk today as soon as DH id done getting cleaned up so i can pee (man we REALLY need 2 bathrooms)

HeatherAngel
05-11-2007, 11:02 AM
LOL@Jen - I remember having one bathroom... I don't envy you that! It always seemed hubby needed it when I was IN the bath... grrr!! :D

Morning all - sun in shining here, and I'm feeling good. I haven't started my walking again yet, which there really is no excuse for, but the scale is still moving southwards, so all is good :)

Got the gazebo built and had supper outside last evening, which was lovely. Going to tackle the garage this weekend and get it all re-arranged for summer; might get a bit of gardening done, too - or maybe I'll leave that until next week! ;) I actually don't enjoy gardening - I'm what hubby calls a 'plonker' (not in th UK sense!) - I like to see immediate results, and so I buy things and PLONK them in the ground and - Ta-Da! A Garden! :D It's those weeds I HATE :(

Going for my waxing today (haven't been in a while, hope she notices some weight loss!) and then off to the theatre tonight (to sit in the audience for a change! :) )... hope everyone else is having a great day, too!

OH! PS - yesterday hubby handed me dumbbells of 30lbs... since I've lost a bit more than that - boy, if you haven't tried to lift the weight you've lost - go ahead and try it! What a reminder of what this is all about :)

meowee
05-11-2007, 05:36 PM

Just a quick zip through, I'm afraid. It has been another busy (and expensive) day. The Sears service man came early this afternoon -- fixed the stove (the one I cared the least about) -- told me he could fix the refrigerator (a leak in the cooling system) but it would be about $400. So I went out and spent $850 for a new one instead. It will be delivered tomorrow. Other than that, I'm just tired. . . and broke. :mad:

Still eating OP but no formal exercise worth discussing. Hopefully things will settle back into a normal, less expensive rut really soon.:)

Hope you all have a great evening planned . . . see you soon . . . :carrot:

oldtimehockey
05-12-2007, 02:24 AM
Hi, All -

Just a quick "Good Morning" from here in MA. We've had a run of VERY summer-like weather, and it looks as though it may continue on into the weekend! I hope everyone's getting the same kind of "weather treatment", and you're all able to get out and about!

Hey - my last 3 posts never showed up here; am I doing something wrong? Or am I just paranoid??!!

I've lost 4 more pounds - WOO HOO!!!!

Em

canadian mom
05-12-2007, 01:14 PM
Just a quick hi. I walked to town today to get fruit and milk and now we are on our way outside to wait for Grammie to deliver a sandbox. They are very excitted they got to but some new sand toys from the dollarstore.

srmb60
05-12-2007, 02:19 PM
Well, the dreary is here today. The sun peeks out once in a while but it's cool and windy. A good day for a nap!

meowee
05-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Hi there, everybody . . . :hug:

Just a quick little :wave: again . . . Wanted to let you know that I have refrigeration and, as the Martha would say, "It's a good thing". Hopefully my life will be back to boring normal again really soon and I'll hve more time for on-line gossip.

In the meantime, keep things moving and shaking, gang . . . :carrot:

srmb60
05-13-2007, 06:36 AM
Happy Mothers Day!

chocco
05-13-2007, 07:05 AM
[B]HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL THE MOTHERS OUT THERE [B]
i am off to work and hopefully it is slow so i can return home to my girls earlier than planned

meowee
05-13-2007, 07:53 AM
:celebrate: Have a great Mothers' Day :woo:

Ilene
05-13-2007, 02:06 PM
HAPPY MOM'S DAY EVERONE!!

rainstorm
05-14-2007, 09:03 AM
Hey all!! I hope everyone had a great weekend and Mother's Day!! :D I made my mom some angel food cake with berriess and whipped cream...we had it later because she had to work until 10...i lost 1.6 this week!! I hope everone is losing!!!

Ilene
05-14-2007, 09:31 AM
:bravo: on the weighloss rainstorm

Well I'm off to the gym, bike, eat, shower, work... same ole same ole ...
Mother's day was awesome DH made supper of my mom and I, beer can chicken, yummy ... All in all I ate too much, today is a new day, thank goodness for that...

HeatherAngel
05-14-2007, 11:23 AM
Phew - what a weekend! :)

Hubby and I did LOTS of gardening on Saturday (and, oh my goodness, I can STILL feel muscles I did NOT know I had!!) and then spent yesterday with my parents for Mother's Day - went to see a show and then had dinner here, outside, in the new gazebo - very pleasant, and both of my parents (very much the traditional 'meat-and-two-veg' type!) enjoyed the vegetarian lasagna I served up with salad! :)

Back to humdrum house cleaning today - blah! I wish I had a cleaning lady - or man - or small child - or convict... anything! I hate , Hate, HATE cleaning screens and baseboards, and they REALLY need done! :p

Hope everyone is well - lots of messages this weekend and great to see everyone here!

Have a super day! :)

PS - Susan - we should try to arrange that lunch and walk sometime, and see if anyone else wants to join us!

Ilene
05-14-2007, 12:03 PM
Susan - we should try to arrange that lunch and walk sometime, and see if anyone else wants to join us!Where would you get together, I'd be willing to go and meet for lunch :yes: ...

srmb60
05-14-2007, 02:25 PM
I selfishly thought Stratford. There are lovely walkways by the river and it's only 45 minutes from my house ;) I even could be there by 4-ish if I had to work days.
Any other thoughts?

HeatherAngel
05-14-2007, 06:30 PM
Oooh - no, I love Stratford, and it is so nice by the river... since I'm in Kitchener, I wouldn't invite people here - it's not very aesthetically pleasing - LOL! Actually, that's not true - where I am, I live by the Grand River... I could host a 3FC lunch and we could walk by the river here... if it is easier for people..

Okay - just typing as I think (always dangerous!) - how about Stratford this time, and somewhere else NEXT time? :)

HeatherAngel
05-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Oops! Forgot what I originally came on here to say -:dizzy:

Today at the supermarket I found some sushi packs - only 270 calories for the California Rolls (pack of six, including ginger and wasabi)... haven't tried them yet - that's tomorrow's lunch! - but I'll let you know. The shrimp rolls were over 500 cals for the pack, so I grabbed a couple of the California rolls and hubby and I will test them tomorrow and let ya'll know.

Note: I'm not a huge sushi fan, but I'll try it - sometimes I find it very nice, if it isn't TOO 'fishy', if you know what I mean. :) I like to find variety for meals - I don't really eat 'packaged' meals as a rule... and it is VERY high in sodium... anyway - will let you know after lunch tomorrow if it was a worthwhile purchase :D

Heather ;)

Ilene
05-14-2007, 08:30 PM
Stratford is a little far for a lunch 5+ hours from here :( ...

rainstorm
05-15-2007, 09:26 AM
Hey all!! How's everyone doing?? I'm soo exhausted!! I've been getting up early every morning to baysit my niece and nephew...i'm soo tireddd...I really dont know how all you moms do it...lol!! My eating was pretty good yesterday...hopefully today will be just as good!! I hope everyone is having a great day!!

meowee
05-15-2007, 09:28 AM
Hi there, Crazies . . . :hug: . . . Sorry, but I'm just flying through again . . . :wave:. . . Hopefully, I'll be back later . . . See you soon . . . :carrot:

HeatherAngel
05-15-2007, 11:59 AM
Flying visit for me, too - running late already and must get the car in to the mechanics...

Will pop back later - keep it mooovin' and shakin'!!

HeatherAngel
05-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Okay - sushi was pretty good! Made for a nice, different lunch, and only 270 calories - very filling too!

oldtimehockey
05-15-2007, 10:49 PM
Hello, All!

Wow! It sounds like Everyone's doing really well -- I hope all the good weight-loss luck rubs off on me, as I seem to have "stalled"! No Big Deal, though; the weather's been really nice, so I'm going to be doing lots of beach-walking!

A single Dad just moved in next door with his 6 year old son - he's an EMT at a hospital on Cape Cod, and he is GORGEOUS! All the more incentive to lose, lose, LOSE!

Hey, it just started thunderstorming outside, so I'm going to jump off, for fear of electrocution!

Have a GREAT Wednesday, All!

Emily

chocco
05-15-2007, 11:19 PM
Allo ! everybody ,

I have no good news regarding weight loss this week. It seems all my bad food choices this last week have come back to teach me a lesson . I guess it is not that bad seeing i have no gains but no loss either . Oh well i guess i will have to suck it up and drink lots of water along with staying away from those nasty carbs and yummie chocolate i have been craving for the last week . i hope everyone is doing better than me in the weight loss department. well its bed time . Goodnight everyone !!!

meowee
05-16-2007, 09:54 AM
Oh Phooey . . . Afraid I have to apologize for another quick :wave: again this morning.

Sears sent the wrong part for my vacuum (even though I gave them the model, serial, and oart numbers when I ordered it). :( They tell me that is all they have with that number and it won't fit my machine. So, guess I'm off to the nearest vacuum repair centre (two towns away) to see what they can do for me, even though I've had a not perfect experience with their work in the past. Only other alternative would seem to be another new appliance and this vacuum is only three years old and was not a cheapie to begin with -- talk about planned obsolesence. :mad:

To top things off . . . we have a snow warning . . . SNOW????? on the 16th of May????? :?:
Anyway . . . keep things moving and shaking, gang . . . hope to see you later . . . :carrot:

Ilene
05-16-2007, 09:57 AM
Good luck Meowee :wave:

Hello gang :wave:

Not much happening here, no snow, but cold damp rain, yuk!!

Off to the gym for a good leg workout, although I do NOT feel like it, the weather is dragging me down...

canadian mom
05-16-2007, 10:32 AM
They are calling for 10 -15 cm overnight with freezing rain.....Hello where the heck did spring go.

My legs are killing me the day before yesterday I used the gazelle like a skiing machine,yeaterday my legs were a little sore but today .....and to top things of I had to do squats today man were legs burning.

meowee~ why thing goes wrong or breaks evrything seems to go at the same time...lol good luck with getting the vacuum fixed.

chocco
05-16-2007, 10:54 AM
Oh meowee i hope you have a better experience with the vaccum shop this time. good luck getting it fixed .

annette

meowee
05-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Just wanted to let you know I'm back and most of the news is good . . .

The bad . . . I'm very angry with Sears . . . no problem taking back the agitator assembly but they will not refrund the $6 shipping charge . . . Not my fault they shipped the wrong one. :mad:

The good (a) . . . The powermate is now at Scotia Vacuums awaiting delivery and installation of the new (correct) agitator (direct from manufacturer, not from Sears - although it is a Kenmore product???) . . . same price as from Sears, but no delivery charge and the clips are metal and cannot melt if it clogs again (original problem). Also they were kind enough to lend me another powermate to use while mine is waiting . . . so tomorrow I can get rid of some of the accumulation of cat hair. Things will look a little funny - my vacuum is black; the loaner attachment is blue - but, somehow, I don't think the carpets will care. :D Now, just have to keep my :crossed: that they actually fix it without screwing up something else. :^: Think good thoughts.

The good (b) . . . Although it is very cold (only about +2) and extremely dull; there is no snow so far (in fact no precipitation of any kind has yet fallen). Once again, keeping my :crossed:

Anyway . . . hope everybody has a great evening. See you tomorrow . . . :carrot:

canadian mom
05-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Aren't you lucky it has been snowing here since this afternoon.

Fredericton has been busy first there was a bomb at one of our Hiigh schools, last night a 14 YO robbed a store by where I used to live, a woman jumped off the bridge and a man got stabbed at the emergency shelter not sure if he is ok thought. I hope for good news on the radio tomorrow morning.

ChantyKitty
05-16-2007, 09:51 PM
Hi all!
Whoa its been awhile since I've been here.I'm doing ok.I'll write more tomorrow.*yawn*I'm getting tired.
good night chicks
Chantal

meowee
05-17-2007, 10:06 AM
Morning . . . :hug:

And what a delightful one it is . . . :mad: . . . Yep . . . we got it after all . . . not just the snow, but rain, then freezing rain, then hail, then snow, and now back to rain . . . roads aren't too bad, but my front and back porches are just covered in ice . . . other than that, nothing much is going on around here . . . but then, who needs more than that. :dizzy:

Hope you all have a great moving and shaking kind of day planned and also hope that your weather is better than ours . . . see you later, gang . . . :carrot:

HeatherAngel
05-17-2007, 12:56 PM
Morning (almost afternoon - having a lazy day!) -

It's overcast and cool here today, but I plan to keep busy all the same. Today I am going to sort my outgrown clothes (should that be 'ingrown', since they are now too big? :D) into bags - charity, garbage, eBay and keep-so-I-can-look-at-them-when-I-reach-my-goal!

Not much else of news - hope everyone is well :)
Heather

rainstorm
05-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Hey all! It is freezing here!! it snowed last night! soo cold!! it is May! MAY!! it shouldnt be snowing...even in Cape Breton! other than that...everything is pretty good! I'm graduating on Tuesday. I'm excited but yet sooo sad! i hate saying goodbye to everyone! I hope everyone is doing good!!

Ilene
05-17-2007, 03:28 PM
Heather -- It's such a good idea to get rid of too big clothing :bravo: to you!!

Very cold and dreary here too, brrrrr, sooo damp! I'm working all day :(

hefty1
05-18-2007, 07:58 AM
:wave: my puter died and it's alive now. love your cat jen

canadian mom
05-18-2007, 12:21 PM
hefty! ~thanks my little ones love it my 2 year old goes aroung saying shake that booty after she sees it

It is freezing here. It is very depressing nobody wants to get out of bed in the mornings. The power company uped it's rates again at least that is what someone told me today. man pretty soon nobody is gonna be able to afford power.

meowee
05-18-2007, 12:37 PM
Yep . . . and let's not even think about gasoline . . . :mad:

Anyway, :wave: gang . . . have a great moving and shaking day . . . pretty soon that will be the only way we can stay warm in Atlantic Canada. Cold and rainy weekend ahead; but at least the snow has melted again. Not much on my agenda for the long weekend. Hope the rest of the country has a better weekend weather-wise.

Happy Victoria Day weekend, everybody . . . see you later . . . :carrot:

oldtimehockey
05-18-2007, 08:13 PM
Good Evening, All -

Sorry to hear about the cold and snow (!) up your way! It's pretty miserable here in MA, cold and very, very rainy, but no snow predicted (thankfully!).

Rainstorm - where do you go to school? I have a dear friend in Sydney who graduated from CBU a loonnnggg time ago (Go, Capers!)

It's just that kind of night to curl up with a bowl of warm grapenut pudding....
DAMN this weight loss thing!!

Have a great weekend, Everyone!

Emily

Ilene
05-19-2007, 12:39 AM
sorry to hear about everyone's bad weather :( Here it's supposed to be pretty nice up to 21 tomorrow afternoon :woohoo: Biking here I come!

Later all :wave:

canadian mom
05-19-2007, 12:05 PM
Now rub it in Ilene lol. I heard thst from a friend on another site. It is just not fair!!!

Ilene
05-19-2007, 02:18 PM
Now rub it in Ilene lol. I heard thst from a friend on another site. It is just not fair!!!Sorry :^: ...

But it is a gorgeous day here... I've run 9.13k this morning and came back and hopped on my bike and rode 17k ... .... Not much else to rub ;) in except life is gooooood and I need to do some housework now :( ...

canadian mom
05-19-2007, 02:18 PM
here are pics of the kids bday cakes. the pic with 2 is the one i sent to school I knoe it is the wrong way I am sorry I wasn't thinkng when i scanned it

Ilene
05-19-2007, 02:23 PM
That's so pretty!! What talent!!

meowee
05-19-2007, 03:21 PM
Wow . . . this cold and rainy weather really gets depressing quickly . . . :( . . . enjoy your sun, Ilene . . . and you, your cakes, Jen.

See you later, gang . . . :carrot:

srmb60
05-19-2007, 07:15 PM
I planted tomatos and peppers today. Frost, frost ... stay away!

chocco
05-19-2007, 08:04 PM
i wish we had nice weather here in new brunswick . it is suppose to rain for the next couple of days and it seems like its been a week already . you're right meowee it is just depressing :( i could so just sleep for the next few days .

sweetNShoney
05-19-2007, 10:00 PM
Hi everyone

The weather here is crappy too rain rain and more rain I haven't been walking its about the only thing I like to do and the eating thing well its not been so great either, I need to pull up my boot straps. I am such a carb craver lol I look at my fitday and cringe!

sigh

HeatherAngel
05-20-2007, 10:51 AM
Morning all -

Raining here, too, I'm afraid - but I'm telling myself we need it... I like to believe that in a few weeks we'll be DESPERATE for rain! :D

Really nothing of news - just plodding along... well, that's news, I suppose! Just have a veg-out weekend, but still eating well... not as much walking as I should, though.

Jen - love the cakes! I don't know how you can make them and not EAT them! LOL!

Chat to ya'll tomorrow or Tuesday - Have a great long weekend!

meowee
05-20-2007, 11:31 AM
Hi everybody . . . :hug:

OMG . . . it's still raining. And if that isn't nasty enough, my water heater has sprung a leak -- just great on a Sunday and a long weekend -- I have a call in for the plumber. Shudder to think what this is going to cost me (if he even calls me back - hope he isn't away for the weekend). :mad:

Obviously I'm not feeling too chatty -- the laundry room is turning into a mini swimming pool and the water is soaking the hall broadloom -- see you later. :(

canadian mom
05-20-2007, 01:33 PM
Oh I eat them I adapt the recepies to suit me. like using Splenda and WW flour. I also think it is opk to have something once in a while just not all the time.

HeatherAngel
05-20-2007, 05:26 PM
Jen - that's very smart - good for you! :)

Meowee - good lord, can your week get ANY worse?! Thinking of you :hug: Good luck with the plumber!!

Right all - feeling quite pleased with myself - went for a hike to Hilton Falls; hadn't been there before - very pretty and not too strenuous. BUT... <insert ominous music here> the BLACK FLIES!!! URGH!!!! The good thing was... I walked VERY fast - LOL! :D

So, got in some exercise, and still have a 1000 calories left for dinner - yay! Going to treat myself to making Red Thai Curry - with chicken and red pepper and jasmine rice and half a naan bread - mmmm!

See you all tomorrow!

canadian mom
05-20-2007, 05:29 PM
It is supposed to get nicer here finally by the weekend it is caliing for 24 on saturday FINALLY!!!!

oldtimehockey
05-20-2007, 05:34 PM
Good Afternoon, All!

Jen - Those are some cakes! I'd just sit down with a fork and eat the WHOLE thing!

Lots and lots of rain here in MA, too, although it just stopped, and the sun is trying to come out. It's supposed to be really warm and sunny later in the week -- perfect "walking" weather! We finish school on Friday - always an emotional time, as my Pre-Kindergarten kids are off to Kindergarten in the Fall! sniff!

Well, I'm in the middle of clearing out old clothes and such, and watching the Detroit-Anaheim game. If I get the good weather first, I promise to try and send some of it North!

Emily

rainstorm
05-20-2007, 06:02 PM
Hey all!! How's everyone doing?? Well Ottawa is in the finals for the cup!! Yay!! :D Hope the cup comes to Canada! I lost 1.2 this week...babysitting my niece and nephew sure keep me moving!! lol went bathing suit shopping today and actually got one...it doesnt look too bad, but my thighs are horrible in it...:S i still have some time to work on that though!

Heather: Awesome job on the exercising! i hate black flies too...thankfully they aren't out around here yet..but I dont walk much when they are (I'm allergic and I live in the country...lol)

Kelly Lynn

Ilene
05-20-2007, 07:02 PM
It was a cloudy cool bleak day here but DH and I went for a 31k bike ride anyways, by mid afternoon it started to rain... Not much else to report, same ole, same ole...

HeatherAngel
05-21-2007, 05:01 PM
Hey all - guess what? I finally (!!!) got my bike out of the basement and tuned up and got out - I REALLY DID! :D I finally stopped SAYING I would do it, and I DID IT!

Okay, so I only biked for about ten minutes, but I got out there! Yay me!! :D

Okay - just thought I'd tell ya'll... now your job is to tell me 'Hey Heather - it's NOT raining - why don't you BIKE to the store and buy some salad!!" hahahaha Oh dear, the endorphins have gone to my head...!

meowee
05-21-2007, 07:15 PM
Hi everybody . . . :hug:

It rained less today :) , but it is still cold and dull. Temp made a high of 7. :( Still have the plumbing problem -- hope the plumber turns up tomorrow -- you should never be allowed to have problems on a holiday weekend if you live in a small town. :o

Today, one of my ex-employees (before I retired employees) was at work (silly boy) and whining for assistance so that kept me kind of busy and gave me something else to think about besides the water and weather situations. ;)

Other than that . . . nothing new. Have a great moving and shaking evening everybody (get out there and pedal, Heather) . . . see you soon.:carrot:

chocco
05-21-2007, 10:17 PM
Allo everyone !!!

i worked all weekend and am off tues and wed . i also get weighed tues at around lunch time. i really do not want to go because i know i have not been that bad but also know that i have not been that good. well i will let you all know how everything went tomorrow.

Please send me some luck and courage ; i guess maybe not luck , since luck has nothing to do with weight loss, but courage so i will actually go and step on that gosh awful scale. :shrug:

Good night everyone .

annette

Ilene
05-22-2007, 12:31 AM
Allô Annette --- Courage :hug:s ?? Is that the same? Hope so, here are some more :hug: :hug:

canadian mom
05-22-2007, 10:57 AM
It is sunny thank goodness! It is supposed to be sunny all week :yay:

chocco
05-22-2007, 02:51 PM
Allo everyone,

So i was weighed this afternoon and as i thought no good news this week either. I actually gained almost 1 lbs. :( I feel so defeated .

I am sorry i do not sound more enthusiastic today but I just feel crappy.
I hope to find the energy and willpower i need this week to stay on track .
At least i can take comfort in the nice weather we are having today and tomorrow too i guess , not to mention i am off these two days .

Thanks for the hugs Ilene they are much needed at this time .

I hope everyone is having a great week !!! :flow2:

oldtimehockey
05-23-2007, 12:47 AM
Good Evening, All!

What a day today was! The sun was shining, the birds were singing, the flowers were blooming -- AHHHH, SPRING! (Oh, and did I mention that the last day of school is Friday??). :sunny:

Annette - It is so frustrating when you don't lose anything, and sometimes actually GAIN some back! :yikes: And then there are those rare, special occasions when you jump on the scale and - surprise! - you've lost more than you expected! :goodscale Just remember -- you're getting healthy (healthier), AND there are lots of Funky Chickies here to keep you going! :grouphug:

Hey, it's almost midnight! I'd better get off to bed before I turn into a pumpkin (hey, no "pumkin" jokes! :rofl:

Em

Jen - I really like your posts -- it looks like a Broadway show!

canadian mom
05-23-2007, 10:29 AM
Going for a hugewalk toady DD1 has to get her teeth and retainer checked so we are gonna walk there. I live uptown almost out of city limit (literaly the next street over is out of the city but we are not) and we are gonna walk into downtown to her appointment then the bank then out for supper (if DD3 is feeling better) then to the grocerie store then home. We will all be glad to see our beds tonight. all of this pushing my double stioller with 65 pounds of little ones and thier "stuff".

meowee
05-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Hi gang . . . :wave: . . . :hug:

Just a quick little hello to everybody. Don't know where the day has gotten to. At least nothing else has broken down today (at least not that I've discovered yet :( ). Went to the optometrist and ordered new glasses today . . .yippee . . . soon I should be able to see properly again. Another yippee . . . Finally got weighed after my 4 week abstinence and got to move my ticker 3.2 pounds further east. Not much for almost a month, but lots better than watching it go up and down . . . happens to all of us, I know. ;)

Have a great evening, gang . . . keep things moving and shaking and I'll see you again really soon . . . :carrot:

chocco
05-23-2007, 09:51 PM
Hooray for Meowee !!! :flow1:

that is awesome that you lost over the last 4weeks . :bravo:
you must feel great!

:dust:

meowee
05-24-2007, 09:45 AM
Good Morning . . . :hug:

Wow . . . I woke up to sunshine this morning. :cool: Not exactly warm yet, but definitely a step in the right direction.

Also woke up to a kitten peeing on the couch :yikes:. Most of the time they do pretty good trucking up and down to the kitty litter just like the big cats; but every once in a while they (mostly Frickle) seem to get a little 'confused'. :mad: I know, they are still babies, but I certainly hope they soon outgrow this. Anyway, after a good scrub, I gave the couch a vinegar spray in the hopes of removing the 'memory scent'. Hope it works. :^:

Nothing too exciting on my agenda today. Kittens have to go to the vet for their second round of shots this afternoon, and I hope to get a little sewing done. Other than that SSDD and I'm definitely keeping my :crossed:that no more appliances decide to go on vacation. ;)

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking day planned . . . see you later, gang . . . :carrot:

rainstorm
05-24-2007, 02:12 PM
Hey all! Its really cold here...well...mostly because the furnace is broken at my house...its warmer outside then it is in my house...right now i'm babysitting...i just have my nephew today because my niece is gone with her nanny and poppy...so pretty easy day...i hope everyone has a great weekend!

srmb60
05-24-2007, 02:42 PM
Does anybody eat low sodium cottage cheese? I've only been to Wlamrt and Zehrs ... but they didn't have any.

oldtimehockey
05-25-2007, 01:01 AM
Good Evening, All!

Hey! What's going on with all the appliances up there in NS? Did they all get together and decide to stage a revolt? Rainstorm, I hope you get your furnace back on line, and soon!

Meowee - I hope the Kitties do a better job of remembering that the couch is NOT a litter box! (But it's so much more COMFORTABLE....).

Susan - Sorry, I never had a taste for cottage cheese. It doesn't matter what gets mixed into it, I still can't stomach the taste. Good luck in your search!

My daughter graduated from preschool today - well, she's got one more year of pre-K before she goes to Kindergarten, but it was a special day just the same! Lots and lots of sinfully decadent goodies, and I only succumbed to one (ok, two) little (really) cream cheese brownies. And then I had salad and rice for lunch and dinner to atone!

It's supposed to be a record-breaking day tomorrow, weather-wise -- really, really HOT, something like 92 F! And I just saw on the t.v. weather that it's 20 F in Churchill. Yikes!

Have a great Friday, All!

Em

srmb60
05-25-2007, 08:40 AM
I did a web search for low sodium cottafe cheese and it's not looking promising. I'm in a bit of a stew. I'd like to cut sodium but I'm down to what's in diet cola, cottage cheese, canned fish .... hmmm
Fiddling with carbs instead of protein sent me :?: ... oh, I haven't even put it all in fitday yet.

HeatherAngel
05-25-2007, 10:36 AM
Morning all - sorry to be MIA for a few days :)

Susan, I haven't heard of low-sodium cottage cheese, but then I wasn't listening for it! :D I have a number of places around KW to get to today - I'll keep an eye out for you, and let you know if I find any!

Rainstorm - Good luck with the furnace :(

Meowee - ahh those cutie-pie kittens eh? Hope the vinegar works!

Ilene, Annette, Jen and Em - big group :hug: at ya'll!!

The weather's been so gorgeous the past three days I have finally succumbed and turned on the air conditioning - I am not a fan of a/c, but the other half works from home, so he moaned about it until I couldn't take any more - LOL! I can always sit outside...!

Have a great weekend, everybody - make good choices and keep moving (oh, I'd better do that, too! :D)

canadian mom
05-25-2007, 10:57 AM
another nice day :yay: there are showers of and on today but I am glad we do not need the furnace on anymore.I can finally open some windows. It is currently 20 degrees it is supposed to go up to 33 with humidex of someting like 35. It may be too hot to take the kids out this afternoon I may have to wait until after supper.

I weighed @ 133 this morning but it didn't stick the last couple of times [I] was rightback up the next day and considering Aunt flow is schudeled to make a visit starting tommorow I should be going back up but I was surprised to see the scale down I should be going up now.

meowee
05-25-2007, 11:12 AM
Hi there gang :wave:

Well, the adorable kittens slept about 10 hours straight after getting their shots yesterday :D . . . they are all healthy, with no signs of parasites or any congenital problems, and they are all growing -- although I was right that Frackle is lagging behind a little. She weighed in at 2.5 pounds while Frickle and Freckle were 3.1 pounds each. But the Vet is not concerned and figures she'll catch up again soon. However . . . :mad: somebody peed on the couch again :mad: . . . even after I sprayed it with this ever-so-expensive, guaranteed-to-work (ha) cat-off stuff from the Vet . . . Think I'll go buy it a plastic cover to wear until they get over this nasty little habit. Either that or they are going to find themselves 'living' in the downstairs bathroom for a bit (and I really don't want to do that if I can avoid it). :^:

Don't think I've ever seen sodium-free cottage cheese either . . . but hve to admit I've not been looking for it. Once tried the dry-curd stuff and found it to be yucky; so I just stick with the 1% stuff. Good luck.

Looks like we are doing the usual thing and moving right from 'too cold' to 'too hot' in the blink of an eye. I seem to remember that we used to sometimes get Spring in this country . . . but not this year. OMG, I don't know which I hate more -- the heat and humidity or the nasty little bugs that seem to come along with it. :(

Okay, gang . . . hope everybody keeps things moving and shaking today. Do lots of great fun stuff and I'll see you again really soon . . . :carrot:

hefty1
05-27-2007, 02:27 PM
where is everyone. glen

oldtimehockey
05-28-2007, 01:26 AM
Hi, All -

Just a quick "hello" whilst navigating 3 graduation parties :bravo: , a bon voyage party :hat: , and trips to the cemetaries for Memorial Day :cry:
Fortunately, the weather here in MA has been really nice; the eating, however -- um, not so nice.

Talk to you all later!

Em

meowee
05-28-2007, 09:36 AM
Hi there . . . :wave:

Sorry I've been missing the past couple of days, but I've had an incredibly awful migraine to go along with the sore throat and sore shoulder I think I mentioned the other day. I'm sure it's the stress of my appliance-gremlin :devil: filled May and all that has entailed. :(

Glad to hear our semi-Yank is having a good Memorial Day Weekend. . . :hug:

Keep things moving and shaking gang. See you soon . . . :carrot:

srmb60
05-28-2007, 09:42 AM
Hi! I sooo missed being able to communicate on 3FC this weekend!
I hope everyone was good ;)

About the cottage cheese ... I use it instead of salad dressing. So I was reading labels and salad dressing has much more soduim than my cottage cheese. I'm not going to change that.

rainstorm
05-28-2007, 02:38 PM
Hey everyone! Just a quick message while i'm babysitting...my dad is home for a while (he works away most of the time) so the furnace should be up and running soon!!
Meowee: those kittens sound soo cute!! i love cats!!
Kelly Lynn

HeatherAngel
05-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Morning all!

Well, it's been a pretty good few days of eating at my calorie limit (or up to) - but oh boy! Do I ever need to get MOVING! I feel sluggish, and I can't entirely blame PMS (though I'd really LIKE to!) - and I know I'll feel LESS slug-like if I get out on my bike or for a walk or something.

Okay - today's plan is, quite simply, to MOVE. I'm close to my mini-goal, and I am going to have to get this butt shaking to get there!

Know what else?? I REALLY missed you guys while the server transfer was taking place!! Hope you are all well and moving more than me!! ;)

Ilene
05-29-2007, 12:14 PM
Just finished moving with a good 7.2k run :D ... It's such a gorgeous day I'm going to go for a bike ride this afternoon ... But first I need to clean the pig pen up and pretend to do something ...

Have a great moving and shaking day!

meowee
05-29-2007, 12:21 PM

Hope everything is getting back to normal around your areas after the server move.

I've been out to the vet (Jazz for blood tests) and done a little shopping and also done a little sewing. Now my neck is aching. Hopefully a lot of these aches and pains will disappear once I have my new glasses. I'm sure this one is from the angle I'm holding my head while I try to see what I'm doing at the sewing machine. :mad:

Nothing else exciting -- weather is pretty good so far although they are calling for thunderstorms later this afternoon.

Have a good moving and shaking day . . . see you soon . . . :carrot:

canadian mom
05-29-2007, 02:01 PM
More rain coming I do not want anymore rain. I got out for a good walk today went to see my older 2 dds at their track and field meet, then to the grocerie store and home. I go t laundry on the lin (yeah the hubby FINALLY put up our clothes line, it only took a year lol) So i gotta get those in before it rains. The scale said 132 today so TOM is leaving and if I can keep the loss off it will be sooooooooo nice.

chocco
05-30-2007, 09:45 AM
Allo everyone ,

things are good here . it is beautiful outside . Sun is shinning and the entire household slept in this morming . It was awesome. My 1 yr old slept til 7:45am
I was actually up before her and just got to lay in bed for a few minutes . Can't remember the last time that happenned. I lost 2 1/2 lbs this week . I feel great about that because i had been in a no loss zone for about 2 or 3 weeks . Now weighing ** 214 lbs ** This is actually a big goal for me . This is as far as i got 5yrs ago when i had lost 52 lbs . Then i found out I was pregnant with my first and totally lost self control .

I hope everyone is doing well . Meowee , I hope Jazz is well .

talk to you all later

HeatherAngel
05-30-2007, 01:27 PM
Morning all -

Have been out on my bike this morning - you know, I can only go about 15 minutes before I am panting hard! - so I guess I'll try to intersperse cycling with walking and just build up to a 'proper' bike ride! ;)

Beautiful day here - VERY hot! - and I'm just pushing to lose this last pound and a half to mini-goal...my body SO wants to stay at 242lbs - I won' let it! I WON'T!! :D

Hope you are ALL having an awesome day!

bless
05-30-2007, 01:47 PM
Hi my name is Bless and I am from Vancouver, B.C. I have just found this website and am hoping to find support and encouragement in my weight loss and getting healthy. I am a single mom and will be going back to school soon. My hardest obstacle to overcome is finding the time to exercise and prepare healthy food.

canadian mom
05-30-2007, 02:40 PM
welcome Bless.

Not much new here today. My 2 and 4 year olds took off on me today while I was hanging out clothes. They went to the neighbors.

I have a familr reunion on the 10th of June. My uncle from Ireland is coming we haven't seen him in years. I am excitted to see most of the family except him he is the uncle that never had anything nice to say. we are just waiting to see what he says to my sister, pregnant and not married, he never said too much to me when I had my first 2 and was not married so we are hoping this willpass by him. My sister is postponing her wedding because of the pregnancy (she wants to be able to PARTY).

meowee
05-30-2007, 05:10 PM
Hi Gang . . . :wave:

Bye, bye Gang . . . See you later . . . :carrot:

chocco
05-30-2007, 08:03 PM
:welcome3: Bless

i hope you enjoy this site , I sure do . I find people here really encouraging and supportive . So you are going back to school !! :bravo: I am sure you have heard this before but i think the easiest way to keep on track with weight loss is having your food pre-made. It may seem like alot of troube but just make way more than you need to eat and freeze the rest in induvidual containers . that way it is a no brainer when you get up late in the morning and do not know what to bring for lunch and end up buying take out or get home from work / school and have to start making supper/dinner and are raiding the cupboards because you are so hungry.

Oh yeah!! water , water , water drink as much as you can . it fills you up and is good for flushing toxins out of your body .

as for excercise start with whatever you possibly can do / physically and time wise . some is better than none .

well those are my 2 cents worth

good luck in your weight loss/ new school adventures

chocco
05-30-2007, 08:17 PM
:bravo: Heather !!

:applause: 15mins on the :bike2: is a great start . I can't remember the last time i was on a :bike2: Oh wait yes i can and it was not pretty . I no longer even own one because of my last experience. :yikes: :rolf: so i have to say
Yay !! for Heather :cheer:

Meowee , i hope everything is going ok . you did not say much and i have to say your luck in the last month has not been that great . I am sending you some :sunny: thoughts

annette have a great evening everyone

oldtimehockey
05-31-2007, 03:10 AM
:welcome: Bless! This is a great site, lots of support. I'm a single Mom, too. :D

Meowee: "semi-Yank"? Sounds vaguely obscene! :o

I'm stuck - no weight loss last week or the week before. I haven't been pre-making meals the way I was when school was in session; I'll have to get back to that pretty quickly.

Happy Thoughts go out to Ottawa - bring the Cup back to Canada!

Here's to more movin' and less (personal) shakin'! (Reminds me of a line on "Cheers" when Norm walked in to the bar, and Sam yelled, "What's shakin' Norm?", and Norm replied, "All four cheeks and a couple of chins!" Ewwww!)

Em

rainstorm
05-31-2007, 09:36 AM
Hey all! How's everyone today? I went for a walk yesterday and the neighbors probably thought i was crazy...i was singing my heart while walking...not regular songs...no...i was singing songs from musicals like Wicked, Urinetown, and Rocky Horror...lol:p it was fun though:p
I hope everyone has a great day!!
Kelly Lynn

Ilene
05-31-2007, 10:00 AM
Good morning Em and Kelly :wave:

It's a dreary morning here :rain: but it's warm...

No big plans except to vacuum today :woohoo: .... NOT!!

Have a great day everyone!!

HeatherAngel
05-31-2007, 10:29 AM
Morning all!

Big WELCOME to Bless - you'll love it here, and we already love having you here! :D

Shout out to Ilene, Em, Kelly Lynn, Jen and Meowee :hug:

Thanks for the kind words, Annette - I'm starting small on the exercise - I like to think SOMETHING about me is small!! ;)

Overcast and hot this morning - we're in for thunder storms for sure! But who cares?? :) I met my mini-goal! whoot whoot!!

Okay - another good day for eating and exercising coming up - yes, I can feel it!

Sending good vibes from here to everyone!!!

meowee
05-31-2007, 10:34 AM
Hi there . . . :hug:

Another quick :wave: from me for now. A few things to do and places to go -- although not exactly anything exciting. Personally, I will be very happy to see the backside of the month of May. Hopefully June will be better from a lot of points of view. :dizzy:

Have a great moving and shaking time today, gang . . . see you later. :carrot:

chocco
05-31-2007, 08:32 PM
hello everyone ,

i have a bit of a problem . Some girls from work are going out tomorrow night and i have been invited but i have already had my "cheat" meal for the week . i want to go but I am scared i will not be able to control myself once i am at the restaurant. I have every intention of gettting some sort of a salad but once faced with the menu and waitress i hope i can hold my own, and be a good girl . I am going to East Side Mario . Mostly pasta dishes . I do not even like the restaurant , I just want to go out for an evening without the kids. Oh yeah we are going to the movies after supper as well . Yikes !! More choices i will have to make . Like walking by the concession counter without buying anything . [B]HELP[B] i NEED SOME ADVISE AND WISE WORDS

Hope everyone is having a great evening

annette

meowee
05-31-2007, 09:06 PM
Annette . . . :hug:

You just do the best you can and keep remembering how far you've come already. My :crossed: for you, chickie.

Ilene
05-31-2007, 10:29 PM
Choco --I go to Eastside's all the time and order the salmon, I have two ends of the bread because that's my favourite part :lol:, have one glass of wine before my meal. When my meal comes if I have wine left, great, if not I drink water... No if ands or buts ... You have to go in there with a determined mind set... Of course even with the salmon supper you'll be eating more calories than usual, but it's a very good choice... And hey, you just gotta live a little Bada Bing, Bada Boom .... Just with different choices now since you have a new "lifestyle", this won't be the first nor the last time you have to make choices like this... So learn to deal with them, although they aren't easy sometimes...

You know I've come to really, really dislike pasta dishes, especially the cream ones :barf: they make me want to sleep afterwards because of the process carbs and sugar content in the dishes. There are also some really good chicken dishes over a nice bed of lettuce or they have a very good chicken ceasar salad, just ask for very little dressing on the salad or ask for it on the side and mix it yourself when it gets to the table.

It doesn't have to be an all or nothing night... Focus on the company, the conversation, the atmosphere, have fun and enjoy the moment with friends and conversation...

Think of all the wonderful choices you CAN have and don't dwell on the choices you can't ... think positive thoughts with the healthier choices.

Here are some healthy choices: I found on the Eastside Mario Menu on-line (http://www.onlife.ca/restaurants/on/waterloo/2255/tab=536&nw=Y)... Make your selection now and don't veer away from it...

As for the concession counter at the show.... How can you possibly be hungry after eating a large meal at Eastside's?? If you must buy something get a pack of gum and a bottle of water... I find if I've eaten before going to the show the popcorn smell actually turns me off because I'm so not hungry ...

I don't claim to be wise or have wise words but I hope I've been of help... I'll get off the :soap: now ....

Good luck, here's some :dust: and report back we'll be here for you no matter what :hug: ....

Oh, and HAVE FUN a night out with NO KIDS is something to celebrate :cheers: ... Say hi to the girls for us :wave: .... Ok, now I'm just being downright silly...

HeatherAngel
06-01-2007, 12:51 AM
Hi Annette -

East Side Mario's has an online menu and nutrition guide - lots of the entrees are actually very good calorie-wise, so maybe have whatever you like and have salad on the side instead of garlic bread or whatever.

Have a good look at healthy choices before you go, and you might be able to share a starter with one of the other girls, have an entree and salad, and skip the concession stand at the cinema: "I'm so full from dinner!" LOL

Good luck - and hey - let us know how it goes and what you had!!

Have fun! (don't stress until you wish you hadn't gone!!)

oldtimehockey
06-01-2007, 12:54 AM
Good evening, All!

Hey, Heather - :bravo: Congratulations on the Mini-Goal! That is another incredible accomplishment! As we say in the Preschool business: Give yourself a pat on the back, and give your brain a kiss! :cheer2:

Kelly Lynn - Keep singin' Girl! Nothing like belting out a few Broadway tunes to keep the pounds at bay! "Avenue Q" is one I especially like, although I tend to sing kids' songs; my favorite band is Trout Fishing in America (they are WOEFULLY unknown, and are absolutely BRILLIANT!).

Annette - Are you close enough with at least one of your work friends to let her know that you are "watching what you eat"? It never hurts to have someone give you the "hairy eyeball" if you're leaning toward the pasta carbonara! Plus, I found that it makes my friends feel special if they know I'm depending on them to help keep me in line (sometimes).

A little cooler here in MA, with some rain threatening, but it's light years over the rain and cold of April! The weekend is supposed to be lousy, but that's ok; more time to get the housekeeping done. :devil:

I'm going to hit the hay. Talk to you all tomorrow!

Em

meowee
06-01-2007, 09:14 AM
Happy, Happy, Happy . . . a new month has made it's appearance (and none too soon, from my point of view ;) )

Here's the link to our new June thread . . . see you over there, gang . . . :carrot:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1715786#post1715786