Old 04-27-2007, 08:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: .

Height: .

Question TMI skin yeast infection?

I am having a problem with the skin under my breasts, under my tummy fold and inbetween my legs in the groin area.
I sweat a lot there and now it is becoming very itchy. I shower daily and wipe these areas through out the day but, it doesn't seem to help much!
I looked at the skin in the areas mentioned and it looks red and shiney. Does this sound like a skin yeast infection?
How do I get rid of it? I will be extremely embarrassed if I have to go to my doctor. He already gave me that huge long speech about losing weight.
Is there anything I can do at home for it?
Goldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/233/137

Height: 5'6"

I have had something very similar in the same areas - not sure exactly what is was though, it might have been a yeast infection but I don't know. I got rid of it by cleaning the areas and putting on diaper rash cream, it treats mild infections and seems to clear the skin right up.

I also found that I had to be careful not to overdry my skin by putting on too much talcum powder or wiping too much as I think I was doing more damage than good. So now I shower, dry normally, apply a very small amount of talc to make sure no water is left and then apply the diaper rash cream.

Hope it clears up soon.
Lillibeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:36 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Goldana,

Someone else had this same problem a couple of weeks ago. The posters recommended she try athletes foot spray and it worked for her.(I wouldnt use it near the private areas!) What you have definitely sounds like a yeast problem.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:41 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Goldana, I'm not too familiar with what you have going on. Perhaps it would be best if you saw a dermatologist about it. They will probably know exactly what to do and can even prescribe something for you and have it cleared up in no time. And possibly tell you how to avoid it in the future. You really don't want to take any chances here.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:53 AM   #5  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Definitely sounds like yeast to me . . . I get them a lot, in all the same areas as you mentioned -- I'm diabetic and we are very, very prone to yeast infections (all kinds).

Two little suggestions that might help . . .

The easiest, give yourself a vinegar rinse in the applicable areas . . . simply mix good old white vinegar with warm water (about 5 parts water to 1 part vinegar) and wipe the areas with it after you have your bath or shower and every few hours throughout the day, if possible.

You can get a topical cream (Canestan, for example) at the pharmacy and use it. It is usually sold together with the products for treating vaginal yeast, but you can usually find the topical cream by itself too.

Good luck . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:06 AM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

I recently went to the dermatologist for a recurrent impetigo-like infection around my nose (I had some redness and irritation in other places also, but not as bad). The dermatologist recommended that I use "Head and Shoulders" or the generic equivalent with pyrithione zinc as shampoo, face, and body wash. My skin (everywhere) has never felt better.

Zinc kills yeast, fungus, and bacteria so it zinc soaps are used for all sorts of skin infections and rashes. You can buy zinc bar soap in some pharmacies and online, but they're really expensive. Since generic zinc dandruff shampoos are so cheap, and even come in "sensitive skin" formulas, it doesn't pay to buy the fancy stuff. I use the Walmart or Walgreen's brands (but buy Head and Shoulder's conditioner for my hair, because I haven't found a generic conditioner). I keep a bottle in the shower, and one at the sink, so when I wash my face or even hands, I even use the dandruff shampoo. The dermatologist says this is always her first recommendation because it's cheap and safe.

By the way, I noticed a dramatic improvement very quickly, maybe 3 days at most.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:13 PM   #7  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hi Goldana - I am VERY familiar with this.

I've never used zinc, but it sounds logical, and I am going to give that a try myself! However, I can echo meowee, and say that I use Canesten whenever I suffer from this - can I recommend the Canesten Hydrocortisone? That's what I use, and it is over the counter, so you'll have to ask the pharmacist. This works for me on everything from the topical yeast monsters to sweat rash, which could be the problem for you!

Good luck,
Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:23 PM   #8  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Here's a link to the previous thread for you. Hope you find relief soon!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...ighlight=yeast
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:11 PM   #9  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Height: 5'7"

My friend had this problem when she was pregnant (never be heavily pregnant in the hottest part of summer in the deep south!). As the issue is essentially too much moisture and skin-on-skin contact, she found the Monistat gel-to-powder stuff was super helpful. It's some kind of silicone-based anti-chafing gel and she swears by it. As long as she used it, she never had another problem.

It's a small tube in a blue box, usually found near the other girly products.
NicoleNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:17 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 280/241/150

Height: 5'5"

I have this also...like meowee, I am diabetic... I've happened upon something that seems to help... I keep witch hazel around to put on bruises- it helps them go away faster... and I get them from injecting my med sometimes.... anyway, the bottle says it's an antiseptic so one day, when the area under my tummy fold was beginning to get irritated, I grabbed the bottle of witch hazel and tried it... it helped! another use! I'll have to keep the athelete's foot med in mind too... it will soon be very hot here in LA (lower Alabama).

Reba
RebaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:53 PM   #11  
Its all about choices

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

A few years ago I had something similar where my panty lines were. I tried an ointment geared toward jock itch and it cleared it up in no time.
Hope it clears up for you soon!
NickiB68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:23 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 280/276/150

I'm not sure it's yeast, I would lean more towards fungal. Women frequently get fungal infections under their breasts, aprons, etc... Your Dr can prescribe something or you can try an anti-fungal from the drugstore.
katrs5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:33 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

A yeast infection IS a fungal infection. That is why most over the counter anit-fungal products do get rid of yeast infections also.
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:58 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 297/137/150

Since my gastric bypass surgery I now get constant yeast infections in my skin folds a dermatologist recomended a powder called Zeasorb to me and it works fantasticly. I found it on the shelves with the other anti-fungals at the drug store (Rite-Aid) If you can't find it ask the pharmacist most drug stores will order items like this for you.
Ophelia924 is offline   Reply With Quote