Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2001, 11:01 AM   #1  
MbG
Big Zilla

Default Thru Thick & Thin #117

Thru Thick & Thin is a group that was formed to give and receive support on our journey to take off the excess pounds and to keep them off. No matter who you are or where you are from, you're welcome here with us. We'll stand with you while you're losing and stand by you if you're not. We all have ups and downs and we need support in both.
Old 11-18-2001, 11:05 AM   #2  
MbG
Big Zilla

Hi Ya'all

Saw that we were on page 2 of #116 so I was brave and strated the new thread, and it worked.

Just a quick note this beautiful Sunday morning as hubby just called that my brunch is ready. Had a good day with Mom yesterday and loved the 'Harry Potter' movie. Might take a run back up and pick her up for a visit down here this week. No one seems to have made any plans for Thanksgiving and hubby and I talked it over last week and decided we'd 'kidnap' her and let everyone guess where she is.

Will stop in later for a longer visit. Jen, glad you are doing well after the surgry [sp?] Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Mb
Old 11-18-2001, 04:09 PM   #3  
Senior Chick

Hey everyone.

We are having another beautiful day here. It is so warm outside and I have all the windows open.

Marybeth~Thanks for starting a new thread. I don't understand why it went to 2 pages with only 16 posts but the other threads seem to be doing the same thing. I think that your plan for your mother sounds like a good idea. Take her out for a nice Thanksgiving dinner and no one has to cook or clean up. Let the rest of them wonder what happened to her. We helped a friend move his pontoon boat out of the river today and I got to ride on the boat. I wore a sleeveless shirt and got a sunburn. We saw a bald eagle sitting on a nest and a gator catch a coot. It was an exciting day for me. Enjoy your vacation this week.

I think that this was the shortest post that I have ever written. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.
Old 11-18-2001, 05:20 PM   #4  
soon to be thin

Good evening ladies: Today I decided to low-carb for afew days. Once I get going my hunger seems to disappear.

MARYBETH: Thank you for starting the new thread.

JEN: Im so glad your surgury went well.

Hello to everyone !! I'm now going to wonder over to the low-carb site to get some info

Have a nice evening
Old 11-18-2001, 05:39 PM   #5  

Hello Everyone

I'm feeling really crappy today. I started getting a sore throat again last night. I wasn't over the other one completely. I woke up about 4 a.m. cause I couldn't breath thru my nose and ended up staying up for a couple hours and then went back to bed and got up around 10:00 and now I'm just dragging today. I haven't done much of anything except play on the puter and I went to the grocery store to get some food to last a few days.

Marybeth, you did just fine starting the new thread. Thats strange that the other thread went to two pages after only 15 or 16 posts. But maybe its because alot of the posts were really long. We'll have to see what this one does and maybe have to start new threads sooner. I bet your mom would enjoy being kidnapped for Thanksgiving.

I just can't believe its almost Thanksgiving already.!!!!

Skeeter, Its a little chilly here today but it could be this virus I've got. I've been cold all day and have had the chills to. I stopped at the pet shop in the mall yesterday but they didn't have any bettas. I'm just going to wait until I'm positive I'm going to get one and then I'm going to have some water ready to transfer it to right away. I don't want to get one and leave it sitting in that little cup for several days till the water is ready. I'm thinking I might need a small aquarium with a heater. The last fish tank I had, all the fishies died when we lost power for several days and the water got to cold for them. I just need to check into it more for sure.

Marlana, I know you were here after I posted on the last thread but I'm scared to try and bring up the last thread cause I don't want to lose what I've written already. AOL works different than using internet explorer. I just don't trust it. I hope you are having a good day.

Oh, yesterday, I didn't find any Christmas gifts so it wasn't a good shopping day for me. I'll have to try next weekend although I dread going out that weekend. But thats probably when they will have the best sales. I might just have to get up really early and go. We are not buying very much this year. I'm buying for the youngest niece and nephews and my MIL and dh and thats it. It seems like everyone else is in agreement with me on that. I've got neices in their twenties now that we usually buy something for their birthdays and Xmas but I just think they are old enuff that they shouldn't expect it from us now. Besides, they each have a child that we have to buy for.

Tammy, does going lo-carb work for you? Marlana does that to.
I have a big problem avoiding carbs.

Well, I'm going to get going now. I hope I didn't miss anyone from the last thread. Take care.
Old 11-19-2001, 07:18 AM   #6  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Morning Girls~~It's raining at my house and turning cold. It was about time. Of course it would do that for thanksgiving day. Can you believe it's already thanksgiving. I tell you the time is sailing by. Brett is finally coming today, so I won't get one thing done. I've got a bunch of toys I've got to hide before he gets here. The other kids found them in my closet and told him where they was, and the last time he was here he kept wanting to go in my room and I couldn't figure out why until he come out with one of the toys. Girls I've messed up my record, I didn't lose any weight this week, that's the bad news, but the good news is I didn't gain either. If I can just be super good this week I might be able to lose even with the big day Thursday. We are going to OK. City and go out to eat with Daughter and Kassie...Daughter's name is Sherrie. I really dread the trip and all the traffic.

MaryBeth~~Thanks for starting the new thread. I just thought no one was writing this week end until Skeeter sent a note and told me a new thread had started. Boy are we going to have to change threads every 15 post. I noticed the page is getting short. Wonder what the deal is? I thought we would go to AUK. City early and take Kassie to see Harry Potter if is is showing about 1:00. Sherrie don't get off work until 3:00. Hubby is gripping, he don't want to stand in line. We'll see.

Skeeter~~I'll be having all my window's closed today, old man winter has arrived. I thank that's the shortest post you ever wrote too!!! What am I suppose to talk to you about???? Just joking ya!

Tammie~~Short post are in I guess. Carbs are a problem for me too. I don't have carbs for breakfast hardly ever. If I do I seem to crave food all day. Give us the link for the low Carb site.

Jo Jo~~Bless your heart. Every time I read someone is taking a cold, I cringe. I don't only get a cold I get asthma bugging me for months. I thought the same thing about the post being long, so I checked it out, they wasn't that long. I also checked out other threads, they wasn't long either. If you'll notice now the support board has 10 pages to access at the top. They've changed something. I don't like aol's browser at all. I bet they have sent me 4 disk for the new 7.00 version, plus called me a couple of times. I just flat out told them I didn't like their service.

Jo Jo hasn't got her fish yet, and I haven't either. I did buy the bowl at a flee market Sat. It's a nice one, round like a ball and holds 2 gal of water. I might end up putting change in it. I better get out of here, I have a couple of letters to write. Have a great day.
Oct. 7...-8lbs....Oct 14...-2....Oct 21...-1.25....Oct 28...-2....Nov 4...-3....Nov 12...-2.25

300~268.50~167~-31.50~101.50 TO GO!....Not a thing changed this week!
Old 11-19-2001, 09:45 AM   #7  

Good morning ladies.

I can’t believe the weekend is over already. I am sooooo tired this morning. I was so tired last evening that I wanted to go to bed by 8:00. So I started busying myself so I could at least try to make it to 9:30. Well I did that and then Mr. Mom came on TV. That used to be one of my favourite movies when I younger so I ended up staying up and watching it. I had an all right weekend. Dh and I had a huge fight on Friday evening (after a really nice dinner out – go figure) and things haven’t quite been the same since. Saturday morning is normally when I go to the gym to cross train. But I just didn’t feel like doing anything but running. So I put on my shoes and grabbed some Gatorade and my transit pass. I decided that I would run until I got too tired and then would hop the streetcar home. Well I ran and I ran and I ran. By the time I finally got my legs to stop, I had gone 9.3 miles! What a great stress relief! Saturday night was an awkward one – we had made plans to go for dinner at a friends’ house and then go out to a movie with them and their daughter. Of course we didn’t want to break these plans just because we were fighting. Besides it is too hard to discuss that option when you aren’t even talking to each other! So we did go for dinner and then we went to see Monsters Inc (finally). It was very cute. Yesterday we spent the day at my boss’s house. Her husband had bought a DVD player and wanted help with hooking it up to their home theatre system. My dh is a wiz that – so they boys played with that while the girls chatted. I think it was a good idea that we continued with all of our plans. It did shake off some of the “ice” between us. But like I said it still isn’t right. I have decided to play the grownup and work it out tonight. I am going to make a romantic dinner tonight and we are going to work this out. I am also going to stop the lingerie shop on my lunch hour so that if our talk goes well, I will have something new to wear.

Jen: Glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery all ready! It is funny how we act differently at work. There I am not shy and have a sense of control. But through me in with a group of strangers at a party and I won’t be able to think of a single thing to say. I am slowly getting better but I still find it hard. Before if I was a restaurant and was served the wrong meal, I wouldn’t even say anything! At least stuff like that is changing now.

Jojo: I was hoping to get some shopping done this weekend as well but it didn’t happen. My boss has been telling me to take a day off to go shopping – and I think I may just take her up on that offer. The close we get to December the crazier the malls get on the weekends. Uh!oh! Sounds like you have caught was has been going around our office. Our poor admin assistant caught it and now she is out with a throat infection.

Skeeter: It is nice that they are really looking after the water/fish in your area. That just seems to be such a low priority in a lot of areas until it is too late. Glad to hear that you switched vets. I was thinking of you this weekend. I went for a short run/walk yesterday (I was still pretty tired from Saturday) and the number of squirrels that were out was staggering. I tried to count them all and actually lost track. We have a lot of oak trees in the area and they were all busy burying the acorns. Here is the link to where I go Jen’s attachment: http://www.house-mouse.com/cgi-bin/e...ory&gc=&type=m I think you would like a lot of the pictures they have. They are all really cute pictures of squirrels, mice, etc…

Marlana: Sinus infections don’t seem like very much fun. I am fortunate that I have never had one. However, it seems like if you get one that you are more susceptible to them. You sound like my mom. She normally has her shopping done by January as well. I didn’t inherit that gene. I have several recipes for biscotti. So here is the one for my almond biscotti – it is dh’s favourite by far:

--------------------------------------------
Almond Biscotti

12 Servings

2 cups whole wheat flour
2/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
4 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
3 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons almond extract
1/4 cup almonds, finely chopped

Combine flour, sugar, and baking powder. Use a pastry cutter to cut in yogurt until mixture is resembles a coarse meal. Stir in egg whites and vanilla and almond extracts. Fold in the almonds.

Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and shape into two 9 x 2 inch longs. Coat baking sheet with non-stick spray and place logs on the sheet, leaving 4 inches of space between the logs to allow for spreading. Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes or until lightly browned.

Cool the logs at room temperature for 10 minutes. Then use a serrated knife to slice the logs into ½ thick slices.

Place slide on an ungreased baking sheet in a single layer, cut side down. Bake at 350 for 18 - 20 minutes or until dry and crisp, turning slices over after 10 minutes.

Transfer to wire racks and cool completely.

Amount Per Serving
Calories 143 Calories from Fat 17
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 12% Protein 12% Carb. 75%

Nutrient Amount per Serving % Daily Value
Total Fat 2 g 3%
Saturated Fat 0 g 1%
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 77 mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 27 g 9%
Dietary Fiber 1 g 2%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 4 g

Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 5%

Unfortunately I don’t think it would make a very good crust for the fluff. However, here is a LF piecrust that I think would work great for it. It is the crust I used for our pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving. You may have to bake it longer if you are putting in fluff it. It would normally bake for the 10 minutes and then go back in to bake longer with the filling:
Low Fat Pie Crust

8 Servings

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine graham cracker crumbs, honey and applesauce. Pat into a 9-inch pie pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.

I have never done a web page but dh has. If you have questions on it, send me an e-mail and I can pass it over to him.

Mb: Glad to hear that you had a nice weekend – and that you enjoyed the movie.

Well I have working on this post for almost 2 hours now – so think I had better call it quits here. Also my water and L A R G E decaf coffee is starting to weigh heavy on my bladder - oh too much information. Sorry ‘bout that.

Have a good one!

Tobey
Old 11-19-2001, 10:47 AM   #8  

Good Morning Gals. I'm still here. I didn't get in to post this weekend, not for lack of free time, but lack of motivation. Saturday dear bf came over and raked leaves for me. They couldn't be burned tho, too wet from a very foggy night. Now today it's much colder and windy. There go my nice piles of leaves. There is nothing I can do about it. Yesterday I just sat on the couch and watched football, all day. Maybe today I'll write my paper for school! I'm not sure how smart it is to write it while I'm still taking the "good drugs" for pain, but it should be interesting! I haven't done much the last few days as far as staying OP. I'm sure I've gone over. But I was more concerned with nutrition for healing than low calories. My belly is still swollen and I always hold fluid after the anesthesia, so it'll be awhile before I weigh in anyways.

Tobey- I hope everything goes well with your hubby tonight. You were busy all weekend nonetheless. I say definately take your boss up on the offer of a day off for shopping. Sounds great to me!!!

Marlana- Thanksgiving has snuck up on us hasn't it? I'll be going to Grandma's Thursday! I hope I can control myself!!! You have done great with your weight loss lately. This last week of staying the same is just your body adjusting to it. Just hold tight!

Jojo- I'm sorry you're getting a crappy cold again. What a pain in the butt! Just remember, plenty of rest and nutritious food.

Tammy- How strict are you on the low carb? I don't know if I could handle that! Hope it works for you.

Skeeter- Our warm weather has quickly passed. We were so lucky with highs in the 70's. Today it's supposed to be 40, our normal. UGH.

Marybeth- Sounds like a great idea to "kidnap" your mom! Haha!

I should go and work on this stupid paper before I lose all motivation and land on the couch in front of the TV!

Jen
Old 11-19-2001, 07:44 PM   #9  
Senior Chick

Hey everyone.

We went grocery shopping today and ran a few errands. It took all day and I am so tired now. None of the pictures of the fish turned out at all but a couple of our last 4 wheeling trail ride did. I will try to get them scanned to post soon.

Tammie~I never knew anything about TOPS. Is it just a low carb plan or is there more to it than that? I think that I would get so confused if I tried anything different now. I first tried Adkins and it didn't work so I have been following WW 123 since. Obviously, not real close though or I wouldn't still be so overweight after more than a year.

JoJo~I have been sneezing my head off all day today and fighting a sinus headache. There are bushes blooming all over the woods right now that must be affecting my sinuses since I have had my windows open for several days now. These little fish don't like cold temperatures. I found a really good site that answered all my questions and the girl has a really good sense of humor too. It is bettatalk.com. You can find everything you need to know right there and look at some pictures of her fish too. My husband said that he heard a prediction of very cold weather for us on Thanksgiving with a possibility of lows in the upper 30's. Brrrrr.........that doesn't sound like a normal Florida November.

Marlana~I noticed all those pages listed at the top of the board and wondered why we suddenly had all those choices. I guess all the pages are smaller now. You are so right about Thanksgiving getting here so fast and Christmas being right around the corner. Time just seems to be speeding by too fast. I hope that you had a good visit with Brett. Did he find some hidden Christmas presents in the closet? I am really looking forward to seeing my grandchildren Thursday. I have 3 and a step and my husband has 6. We will be seeing mine on Thursday.

Tobey~I'm sorry that you and your husband are having a spat. That's how I ended up with the third and fourth fish with little tanks. Hubby tries to buy his way out of trouble when he knows he was wrong. If he would only learn that a simple "I'm sorry" would fix a lot of our problems. You seem to have a well thought out plan to make repairs and I wish you luck. I just loved all those little pictures and picked a few out to save. I will attach one today that seemed appropriate for the area that I live in.

Jen~You are doing so well recovering from that surgery. I don't think that you should be very concerned about losing weight during your first week after surgery. There will be time for that next week after you start feeling better. You shouldn't try to do much of anything as long as you are having pain and taking those lovely pills that you earned. You could really hurt yourself by trying to move around too much on pain killers. Wait until you are off of them to find out what really hurts and what doesn't. Stay down and enjoy it for a while.

It's getting late and I need to get a shower so I can settle down and watch figure skating on TV tonight. I am really looking forward to the winter games this year. Y'all have a good evening.
Old 11-19-2001, 07:48 PM   #10  
Senior Chick

I forgot the attachment. It is so cute that I had to come back in and post it.
Old 11-19-2001, 10:23 PM   #11  

Hellllllllllooooooo!!!!!

I'm so tired I'm feeling goofy right now. I am going to finish this up and go to bed. I had an all day meeting and I found myself drifiting all day long. Of course, there wasn't much I hadn't heard before.

Skeeter, I've got a headache to and an earache. I very seldome go to the dr for an earache unless I start having dizziness because I'm always told its just allergies. Why pay to be told something you already know. Its cold here today and its supposed to drop down in the 20's tonight. Hopefully I won't need to scrape the windows in the morning. I will check out that site you told me about after I finish this. I just found the ice skating you said you was going to watch. Its one of my favorite sports.

Jen, Thats good you rested most of the weekend. Its the best thing for you. Maybe your bf will get back over soon and burn those leaves for you.

Tobey, I've decided I'm just going to have to power shop when I do go. Get everything right then and not have to worry about it anymore. I'm still trying to talk myself into getting up early Thursday and going out then. My problem is I just don't know what to get anyone. I've got some personal and comp time coming to me that I may use some afternoon if I don't go this weekend. Are you and your dh made up now??

Marlana, no I can't believe its already Thanksgiving. Seems like we just had it not all that long ago. Your plans sounds good. I'd love to to eat out at a restaurant and not have to worry about doing any cooking or cleaning up. I've got asthma to and it seems to bother me seasonally.

Well, I'm going to get going now. I"m just so sleepy. Take care everyone.
Old 11-20-2001, 07:24 AM   #12  
~~Senior Member~~Really

HidyHo~~It's cold in Okla. this morning, about 22 degrees at my house.burrrrrrrrrr The day went very well with Brett yesterday, he got everything he wanted and I was his master the intire day. He's a sweetheart, I can't hardly believe he's almost 4 years old. I'm heading out for some shopping this morning early. The stores will be full today and tomorrow. I hate to shop in a crowd. My food was good yesterday, not balanced, but not too much of it. Got to eat a little more healthy today.

Tobey~~Sorry to hear about the in-house fighting. Hope it's all settled by now. 9.3 miles, I can't believe you girlfriend. No wonder you are so small. I just can't understand why someone would want to run that for at all. Oh well, we can't all be a like, I'm sure you wouldn't understand me at all either. I thank it's super that you can do that. Just read some more of your post, you you. Now I know we have something in common, I've played that roll in the lingerie myself a few times in the past. Notice I said past...when they get a few years under their belts that could backfire on yak.:eke: But use it while you can. Thanks for the recipes, I'm copying them and keeping them. I've tried to make a web page and failed, but I want to learn to make one. Just what I'll put on it I don't know. But I love to learn to do things that don't come easy for me. I have to find the time for it, it is very time consuming. I also want to learn to make stationery. I can make some now but I have a long way to go.

Jen~~You shouldn't worry about laying around for a while, you need to heal some first. The leaves at my house are still down. I have done some of them on the north side of the house, but we have one tree that is hanging onto it's leaves and until they are all done, I'm not touching the rest. Hey let Grand Ma wait on you hand and foot when you go for dinner. I'm a Grand Ma and believe me when I say she will take care of you. Just thank after this Thursday we will have one of those dreaded holiday's over with. Christmas is around the corner, and coming fast.

Skeeter~~I thank maybe your going to be all right. Just thank you went to town yesterday and didn't bring home a fish. I was looking forward to seeing pictures of them. I put some junk in my bowl yesterday. I have some bright colored glass and some sea shells I but in the bottom. The glass looks like when it was hot it was poured out in little piles and it flattened out to about 1 1/2 inches across. You thank that would drive a poor little fish crazy? I was over on the help thread yesterday and 2cute had ask what the deal was with the pages going to a 2nd page after 16 post. They answered and said it was because people was tired of scrolling through all the long post. She said if this don't go over they will try 20 post. I don't like 2 pages, but I don't like 16 post either. I hope it goes to 20. Is your hubby past the lingerie thing Tobey is playing with her hubby to end a fight? I passed that a few years ago. I have found out one thing, Canadian's are more like us than different, at least ours is.

Jo Jo~~You mean you don't feel goofy all the time, I do. It seems like all of us has some kind of a ache going on somewhere in our bodies. I love skating too, but if hubby is up, he won't watch it. I like to watch CBS on Monday's anyway. That's the only night I just set and watch TV all night. I didn't know you had asthma. It's a pain in the butt isn't it? I really don't have real bad asthma, unless I get a cold and it gets bad then. I wheeze around from time to time in all seasons, but not bad enough to use the inhaler, I hate things.

It's after 6 AM and it will be daylight soon, so I thank I'll get dressed and off to town. You all have a great day. Sally where are you this morning?
Old 11-20-2001, 08:49 AM   #13  

Good morning ladies

Not too much to report. I had to wear my full winter coat and gloves today. Brrrr. I finished making the arrangements for our office Christmas party yesterday. We are going ice skating and then for dinner. I will attach a picture of where we are going skating. It is a spot called Nathan Philips Square. It is a park area in front of City Hall. They really deck it out at Christmas time. Not sure if I will actually skate or not. I may just go to watch and perhaps take a few pictures.

Jen: It is nice that your sweetie has been helping you with those pesky leaves. A drugged paper could be very interesting. If it doesn’t work out, call it creative writing – then it becomes art. I have a case study that I need to finish. I just can’t get motivated to do it. Maybe I’ll just lock myself away tonight and try and finish it once and for all!

Skeeter: After work yesterday I thought I would pop into the grocery store just to pick up a few items (since I didn’t make it to the store on the weekend). I ended up being there for over an hour and doing a full shop. Oh well – I did get some good bargains though. That’s too bad that your fishie pics didn’t turn out I am looking forward to seeing your other ones though. Dh also has a habit of buying me things. I’ll complain how he doesn’t help out enough and he’ll go out and buy me something to show me he’s a nice guy. You’re right – they don’t realize how far a sorry or just picking up a dishtowel would go. Glad you like that website. I was thinking of you when I was looking at them. Love the ‘gator pic – don’t even remember seeing that one.

Jojo: An all day meeting? I don’t blame you for drifting. I think I am also going to try the power shop method. I think I might take Wednesday of next week off to do it. I can also do a few things over my lunch hour (on the days I’m not at the gym) and some after work while waiting for dh. Things started going better last night with dh and then we broke out into another fight this morning!

Marlana: Oh you have it cold there today too! I am such a baby about being cold! Glad to hear that you and Brett had such a good time yesterday! He sounds like the biggest sweetie pie. Things were starting to get better with dh last night but still not 100%. Put it this way – I did buy some really cute lingerie; dh got to see it; but not while it was on – just out of the bag. I think we really need to sit down and have a long talk. I am just afraid to do it because I know it will turn into a very emotional situation. We also broke out into another tiff this morning on the way to the subway. Blah – enough of that for now. What software were you using to design your web page? Hope you have in town.

Well that is all for this morning. Hope everyone has a great day! I suppose you are all counting down the days until Thanksgiving. Gobble! Gobble!

Tobey
Old 11-20-2001, 12:09 PM   #14  

Good Morning Gals. Just crawled out of bed a little bit ago. Can't believe how much I sleep. Like 10 hrs or more at night, plus a nap in the afternoon. Man, I would love to be able to do this all the time! I got my paper done yesterday. Now I have a "project" to work on for the other class. My goal is to have all of this crap done while I can't really do anything else, and then when I can get out and about I can go shopping, bake cookies, goof around in general. Tomorrow I do have my first follow-up visit with the surgeon. Nothing else on my busy schedule!

Tobey- I'm not sure how far I could get with creative writing and art on my paper, it's community based prevention of type 2 diabetes in children. Your ice skating rink is beautiful. I wish we had something like that around here. But nope. Would you like to borrow some of my "creative writing pills" for your case study?

Marlana- It is just as brrrrry cold here. Glad I don't have to go out for anything today. Heehee! I'm glad you had fun with Brett yesterday. What a great way to start a holiday week! Don't worry, I'm having no problems laying around. Now I just need one of those Greek Gods in a fig leaf to feed me some grapes!!! (Ooohh I'm so bad!)

Jojo- I'm already drifting thinking of an all day meeting. It's an accomplishment just to stay conscious! I hope that your earache and headache are just allergies. Now you know me, full of advice, (well, full of something!!) if you get a fever, call the doctor! Dear bf was going to come over yesterday and burn the leaves, but it was too windy. Maybe tomorrow.

Skeeter- Your little mouse is soooo cute. Everytime I go to the store I look at the little fishys. I wish I could figure out something so I could keep the cats out of it! Until then, I'm just the big strange lady who ooogles into their little glass world! Man am I weird today!

Ending on that note, I'm gonna go take my weird butt to work on my "project". At least shoot for the creative points! Catch ya all later!

Healthy and happy,

Jen
Old 11-20-2001, 12:56 PM   #15  
Senior Chick

Hey everyone.

It is another beautiful day here with sunshine and temps climbing into the high 70's or low 80's today. It was in the high 50's this morning and we started walking again. I took the dogs with us and we went 2 miles and all of us just loved it. We got to see fresh bear tracks and the dogs got to smell fresh raccoon poop. Who could ask for a better day.

JoJo~They have been showing the figure skating on Sundays on ABC. They also show another one on Monday night on ESPN2 and another one Friday at 6:00 on Lifetime. I try to watch them all. Last weekend Sara Hughes beat Michelle Kwan. Michelle fell on two different jumps which almost never happens. I am sure hoping to see her get a gold medal in the Olympics. There is a Canadian couple in pairs that is absolutely wonderful and also some great Russian ice dancing pairs. I used to only watch the men and women skate but have started getting hooked on pairs and ice dancing too. Of course all of them are good but some just stand out more than others. I am going to make some more pumpkin fluff and some dreamcicle after lunch today. I bought s/f f/f jello and pudding mix and lite Cool Whip to try the dreamcicle. I figured that if I never tasted the REAL stuff that I would never know any difference.

Marlana~I can't believe it is that cold there. I am running around bare footed and all the windows are open. I was just hoping that it doesn't get too hot and I have to close them all and turn the a/c on again. I went out a little while ago and picked some more cherry tomatoes and checked on my other tomatoes. All the plants are full of tomatoes but it is still not a sure thing of any of them getting ripe before the first frost. Sometimes we don't have frost until January but the last two winter here came early. I might have to have fried green tomatoes again. The lingerie thing would still work for my husband but only if someone thin is wearing it now. I gave it up about 30# pounds ago. I saved it all just in case I ever get some of this flubber off. There are other ways though. I even went to a pet store yesterday and only bought some stuff for my parrot. I tried to tell my husband that I could look at the fish and not buy one but he latched on to me and wouldn't let me try it. He said that it was too soon to test me yet. I don't mind the 2 pages as much as backing out and finding a different thread when I am writing a post. All you have to do is go to the bottom or top of the thread and click on the page that you want.

Tobey~That is a beautiful picture that you attached. I can't even imagine it being real because I have never seen anything like it. I was born in Ohio but left there when I was 21 and have forgotten what really cold weather is like. My children have only seen snow once in there lives and it was very early in the winter when it is just barely cold enough to snow. It has only cooled off enough here right now for us to walk in the mornings without feeling like we are in a sauna. When my dogs can walk 2 miles without begging to be carried, we know it is cool enough to plan on doing it daily for a while. I hope to find some time this afternoon and tomorrow to scan some of the pictures and put them in the album. I had my husband take one of me holding 4 of the sticks to give you and idea of what he has. I think that we will sent you one of the longer ones and your mom can cut if off if it is too long. I like enough space under the knot to grab my sticks in different areas for different terrains.

Jen~I am glad that you are taking it easy and doing all the paper work now. Soon you can spend all day strolling through the malls. I just love to do that and not have to look at my watch or be in a hurry. Grab a cup of coffee and find a good bench and people watch a while. Our only problem is having to drive so far to get to the mall. But at least we are never in a hurry when we go there. I liked your grape eating idea. Those pills are sounding better all the time.

Well, it's lunch time and my tummy is ready. Y'all have a good day.
Closed Thread