General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 08:51 AM   #1  
Constantly Tweaking

S/C/G: 172/159/130

Height: 5'2" (give or take)

Default KA & VB Jenny Craig Commercial

Why did they close this thread? I thought this was the general chatter section where topics c/be things other than weight loss and support? Just wanted to say that KA is in the new Good Housekeeping. Did anyone else know she was 56? I was truly shocked when I read this; I thought she was in her mid-40's. Hmmm, guess she takes care of herself (or knows some people! ). Anyway, the article talks about her weight loss and how it's changed her life. Yeah, yeah it also said that "Alley is probably a little north of the 145 pounds she's reported, but even so, she looks fabulous." Isn't that the point? Maybe she got down to 145 and put some back on. So what. She lost 75 lbs and I say kudos to her. While she's never been my favorite I give her a lot of credit. The only thing that really caught my eye was the fact that her fridge/freezer was stocked w/JC food. Doesn't JC transition you to "real" food? I'd got nuts having to eat prepared, frozen stuff for life no matter how good it is.

I LOVE VB. Always have. I was even more shocked to learn that she was short!! Always thought she was taller, like 5'7" or so. Just goes to show ya how much TV can distort. I wish her all the luck w/her weight loss journey. She's got a lot more guts than I do trying to do this in front of millions. I don't care if she gets all the JC food for free forever. I have trouble looking in the mirror all by my lonesome; imagine being under a microscope! Lot's of courage there!

Jo
Old 04-25-2007, 10:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

i think it was closed because there was a lot of "bashing" going on. Alot of acusations. And i think the moderator was correct for doing so. If you go back and read some of the post..they were getting a bit out of hand. Yes there are some ppl who question how much ali weighed from the start and were "bashing" her for not being upfront and honest about how much she really weighed...and honestly she was probably embarrassed by her initial weight..some ppl don't feel comfy telling anyone how much they truely weight..i see lots of ppl who post here that don't have their weights and won't tell (and that is their right to do so). Yes this is a place for us to talk and have free speach but it is a place of support and sometime we (me included) tend to get a bit catty in out talk...and i think when that happens, sometimes it discourages ppl. How would you like to have someone question how much your really lost? Why is it different when its a celeb who doesn't come to this forum. If you said you lost 75 lbs here we'd all be cheering and jumping for joy for you. I think some ppl were just getting a little critical and the moderator chose to close it to keep moral for wt loss high. And i think that's a plus. We need to clebrate weight loss (unless its too extreme, anorecic etc). And not worry about true numbers. Weight loss is great, no matter what!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2007, 10:46 AM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

I don't think the issue is whether or not KA has lost weight. It is clear that she has, and that everyone is or should be very supportive and happy for her. I think the issue is that no one has seen proof of the claim that she has made - her start weight or her end weight. In a private life, or even a public life, this really doesn't matter and isn't our business. BUT, if she is PAID TO MAKE THESE CLAIMS FOR MARKETING PURPOSES, THESE CLAIMS SHOULD BE ACCURATE AND VERIFIABLE. To date, they have not been verified. Hence the debate. I personally don't care what she weighs, and I think she looks great the way she is, and on any forum she deserves plaudits. BUT, I DO have a problem with any company involved in the weight loss industry having a spokesperson making claims that haven't been verified and aren't open to scrutiny by the purchasing public.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:29 AM   #4  
it's always something

The thread was closed because we received plenty of complaints from members that felt insulted. This is a weight loss support forum, where many of our members have been put down for their weight in the past, and it was hurtful to see fellow members do the same thing. It's not fair to Kirstie, and it's not fair to any of you.

We've closed and/or deleted similar threads in the past. This isn't a topic for discussion. Even if a thread starts out with kudos to Kirstie for her accomplishment, it always degrades into an attack on a woman for her weight. We don't think that's good for the support system here, considering the purpose of our community forum.

Thanks for understanding
Closed Thread