LA Weight Loss - Hi Everyone

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

BethIsLosingIt
04-25-2007, 07:49 AM
:D I am new to the boards. I am a a 30 year old Stay at home mom with 100 pounds to lose. I did LAWL before I had my son and lost 60 lbs and then gained it back and then some when I had my son. Looking foward to getting started again. I cannot afford to go to the center so I am doing it on my own and could use lots of advice. I look forward to chatting with everyone.:D

Joni135
04-25-2007, 09:14 AM
Welcome Beth - this site is great....lots to read and learn. There are a few other SAHM's on this thread (personally, I don't qualify). Enjoy the chatter on the monthly thread...we do get a bit crazy at times.

MomOfThreeTeens
04-25-2007, 09:31 AM
Welcome Beth! Good luck on restarting, you know it works!!

Wrongway
04-25-2007, 10:58 AM
welcome beth!!

Angie
04-25-2007, 11:00 AM
Hi Beth -- Nice to meet you, welcome! :welcome:

emmysmom
04-25-2007, 11:24 AM
Welcome, Beth! You'll get lots of support here:)

bizlawchik
04-25-2007, 01:18 PM
Welcome!

slim n trim
04-25-2007, 02:41 PM
welcome Beth.

I just joined here as well. And, like you, I am doing this on my own without the centre. This seems to be a great bunch, and there is a lot of support available.

AndreaMarie
05-05-2007, 11:53 PM
Hi Beth!! Not sure how the centers where you live run their programs, but you may want to call, returning clients at my center get stabilization and maintenance back for free so the only thing you usually have to pay for is your weight loss weeks and that is at a special rate too!

Debbie367
05-06-2007, 08:32 AM
Welcome Beth!

Kristenpag
05-06-2007, 02:12 PM
HeyBeth, Im Kristen, Im new on here too. I, too, did LAWL 5 years ago. Started at the same weight I am now, so when I hit it again, I was like UH OH!!! Im trying to do it without the center, but I think all my materials are in my hometown at my parents house, so Im relying on my memory, and any other information people have here. So far, Im not being so strict :( I just came back from a cookout. I ate a cheeseburger, chips, a cookie, a raspberry square, AND an oreo!!!! I havent been strict with myself in a long time (hence the weight gain). How are you getting back in the mode with no counselor to "yell" at you when the scale goes up? Im having trouble.

Dan2112
05-06-2007, 10:03 PM
Welcome ya'll!

Kristen... Look at it this way.. At least you only ate 1 cookie, 1 raspberry square and 1 oreo.. If you weren't on the plan, how many would you have eaten? At the beginning, take heart in the small victories, and keep them moving forward toward big ones!!

Kristenpag
05-07-2007, 08:00 AM
Thanks Dan,
I did finish out the day strong, but saw a pound gain this morning. Guess I cant just eat what I want and it wont matter. That mindset is so dangerous!! Really makes me think that the little "nibbles" here and there really do make a difference!

Repo girl
05-07-2007, 08:52 AM
Welcome Kristen and Beth!

hu11aba1oo2
05-07-2007, 08:59 AM
Hi Beth, I'm new here too and new to LAWL, I'm still trying to get it all figured out. Good luck.

Courtney

Dan2112
05-07-2007, 10:05 AM
Thanks Dan,
I did finish out the day strong, but saw a pound gain this morning. Guess I cant just eat what I want and it wont matter. That mindset is so dangerous!! Really makes me think that the little "nibbles" here and there really do make a difference!

You're right Kristen.. The nibbles and bites here and there eventually do add up.. But the one thing to remember is that the 1 lb. gain you saw this morning is more than likely caused by the actual physical food you still have in your body.. It usually takes a couple of days for the damage we do to show up as an actual weight gain as our body processes the fats, starches and proteins. Same thing with a weight loss... It takes a day or so for us to see if a TO has been successful...

Kristenpag
05-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Yeh, I know what you mean though. I just hate seeing the scale go UP not DOWN!!! I guess I shouldnt be stepping on the scale every day anyways, it becomes an obsession. I remember when I first started the program 5 years ago, and in the first week I lost 5 lbs, then just kept going down 2 lbs per week. Not so far this time. Oh well!!!

JerseyMadchen
05-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Welcome! I too am doing this on my own! Let's stick together and do this! All it takes is will power!

Kristenpag
05-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Sounds good! Dont let the sweets take over!
Yum...chocolate

mlmagic
05-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Welcome! I too am doing this on my own! Let's stick together and do this! All it takes is will power!

Hi Jersey...
I also am starting up again on my own. I can't go back to the center, as I have not been in for almost a yr and I quit for a while...all that money...:o but I am starting now on the purple plan, right where I left off! Good luck to you! At least we have this place, so we are not totally at it alone!;)

Repo girl
05-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Welcome Lysa and Courtney! Good to see some new faces!

Mama Nicole
05-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Welcome to all the newbies. There is a wealth of information on this site, and many pro-LAWLers here. You have come to the right place :)

JerseyMadchen
05-07-2007, 09:34 PM
Talk about a chocolate weakness?? My honey works for Hersheys chocolate. He brings me cases of chocolate. Well, not anymore. It's a constant battle!!! Hang in there all!!

Kristenpag
05-08-2007, 10:06 AM
WOW!!! I feel so sorry for you (and a lot jealous). Avoiding chocolate is tough, which is why Im glad I have my Pria bars, but they still dont substitute and handful of peanut M&M's (or six handfuls) LOL!