Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 04-24-2007, 09:33 PM   #1  

Default Tricks or advice?? Getting back on track.

What are some tricks or things you do to get yourself back on track?

I have had a horrible week last week and this week isn't shaping up much better and now I am in the beating myself up part.....urgh! I just keep talking myself into eating crappy fast food!

Any advice or tricks would be great.
phoebegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I would sit down at the computer and find a really great healthy new recipe to try. Then, I would plan out all my meals for the next week - breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks. I would make a grocery list with everything I will need for the week. Then, I would go to the grocery store and buy JUST the stuff on my list. I would come home and do as much pre-work as possible. If I plan to have bagged veggies and dip for snacks for the week, I will get them bagged up and ready. If I plan to take salads/sandwichs to work for lunch, I would get them ready. If I had time, I would make my new healthy recipe (hopefully, it's something that might save well - pasta, soup) and have it ready and in the frig for when I need it.

Then, I would follow my plan. If I don't follow the plan, all that food will go to waste and I hate foods going to waste.

I would set a reward, if I followed the plan for a week, I would get something nice - like a pedicure or a pretty new pair of sandals for the summer, or a necklace from this site (love this one of a kind stuff). http://www.snazzygirl.com/2mile/

After a successful week, I would feel great and motivated.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

Like Glory I plan. So at the end of the day I say to myself I could really go for some peanut butter on a ww tortilla and I didn't plan for it. I simply don't have it. I say to myself wait until the next day and if I still want it then I include it in my calories for the day. Usually I don't want it anymore so it hasn't ruined my day. That may sound simple but sometimes you have to talk yourself out of bad ideas.
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Exactly what Glory said. I had a really rough January and was trying to get back on track after gaining during the holidays. I sat myself down and went to the Cooking Light web site and started searching and printing recipes. I found a lot that I wanted to try! Then I made my weekly shopping list and went shopping. I had a menu for the week and I made so many new, fun things! My kids were ecstatic! They loved all the new changes (I had been in kind of a rut prior to this with a lot of BBQ chicken, steamed veggies and brown rice).

It's really funny how after just a few days of eating good things that your body starts to crave the good stuff (and unfortunately, eating the bad stuff makes you crave more bad stuff).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:36 AM   #5  
RosieKate

I love all these suggetions - and I wasn't even the one asking for them! I just had an off week myself. My plan for gettting back on track is to plan for the produce. I try to eat 3-4 servings at every meal, so I plan around that first.

I am definitely checking out the Cooking Light website...and I am not going to beat myself up about a gain. Just going to move forward.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:18 PM   #6  

Thank you guys!! All very good ideas
phoebegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:42 AM   #7  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

I try not to beat myself up over it, but gradually get back on track. I'm only human and definitely not perfect when it comes to eating well and exercising regularly, and usually when I fall off the bandwagon, it's because I've been celebrating or chilling out after a really stressful time. I try to get get back into the mindset of taking care of myself and my health, rather than just losing weight. I find that I'm a lot less likely to get myself on track if I'm beating myself up and constantly worrying about dieting and weight loss.
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:02 AM   #8  
hara hachi bu

I'm a planner, too. Write up some menus, buy your produce, and prepare it right when you get home from the store. Make containers of freshly cut fruits and vegetables so you can take them on the go when you need to.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote