UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/214/147

Height: 5ft 7

Unhappy Hello..one very scared chick!

Hello everybody...one very new and scared chick here...just wanted to introduce myself. Just started what I hope will be a new adventure. I'm a yo-yo dieter, chocoholic,and a binge/emotional eater...wow some intro!!

Also interested to know if there are any other Berkshire chicks out there.
SerendipitySnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:20 AM   #2  
Slowly, slowly.

Height: 5'2"

I'm new here too, and just being here reading the posts gives inspiration and support.
I hope you too like it here.

I think your introduction describes many of us
mum2two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:56 AM   #3  
baby steps

Height: 5ft 4inches

Hello

Im also new to this and i have already changed my user name it was pointed out to me that i should use a more possitive one...

So these guys are already helping me..

good luck and see you around the boards.. its scarey.. but fun..
imworthit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello and welcome girlies.

Don't be scared come and join our daily witterings.

Michele
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:49 PM   #5  

Hello and welcome! I'm in Berkshire too, not too far from you actually

I was a major chocoholic but I'm managed to completely kick the habit. I can take it or leave it now, mostly leave it
Phudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 164/161/130

Height: 5'8

Welcome! Everyone here's really friendly and supportive - since joining here I've been a lot more motivated to stick to it!
ABitOnTheChubbySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:13 PM   #7  

Ooh nothing to be scared about.

Another reformed (ish) chocoholic here. I just discovered raw chocolate - all the taste, no fat or added sugar. Wehey!
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:13 AM   #8  

yep I have it bad when chocolate is involved,I weighed in this week on my first week and only lost 2 lb so was gutted and sat and ate 4 cadbury cream eggs and half of one of those huge gars of galaxys,so I guess that makes me a binger and emotional eater and chocoholic o yeah and i too yoyo diet so yeah welcome to the gang.
I felt angry that I had no will power and gave in to easy and so it starts that vicious cycle which I so need to break.
WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!
flowerfairy2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:33 AM   #9  

Expensive but very high flavour, so should last:

http://www.detoxyourworld.com/acatal...uperfoods.html

I've got the raw cacao nibs and whenever I feel like chocky, I just eat a few with some nuts and cranberries. Hits the spot AND does you good.

Am about to try making some raw chocs with honey and some other stuff too. Will tell you how I get on.

I'm a comfort eater too but broke the cycle by turning to exercise or others things, at my 'danger' time (Evening. I can be really good all day but come 9pm, I'm out to eat naughty things!) I also used Rosemary Conley's idea of 150 cal treat each day and when I lost most of my weight, I was drinking a glass of wine a day too. Something nice in moderation tends to stop binges - it's when you make a food a banned substance you get into trouble!

After a while you don't even feel like a treat every day - knowing it's there 'in the bank' is enough. And you can save a couple of days' worth up and really have that Mars Bar or whatever.

Recently, I'm not even eating chocolate at all since discovering the raw chocolate. If I want some - I have some. It's GOOD for you! Then I move on! Turning chockie into a health food has a great psychological effect!

They reckon to break a habit takes 21 days. So don't beat yourself up if at first you don't always manage to stay on the straight and narrow.

If you fall off the wagon, best thing I found was to just offset it next day with some extra exercise.

We're all human. Cut yourself some slack, forget it and move on! Works for me.
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:33 AM   #10  

Hi
Another Berkshire Gal! In fact quite close to you also.......
I have been a yo-yo dieter for many years. I am slowly losing weight this time and hoping to keep it off!
Welcome aboard
Sand
sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:11 AM   #11  
spending time aimlessly

S/C/G: 144/141/132

Height: 5'7

Hello and welcome!

Not from Berkshire but totally know where you're coming from with the emotional/binge eating, it's a really big problem for me. Lots of us on here understand and the support really helps
piddlingaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:34 AM   #12  

Welcome! Hey! We are not scarey (unless you dangle chocolate under our nose!). Unless you are meaning 2Frus and her kickboxing or YP1 and her running everywhere (puff pant! wears me out just reading her posts!).
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:56 AM   #13  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Welcome from another yo-yo dieter, chocaholic and emotional eater
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:19 PM   #14  

Count me in on the general welcome - I fit into those categories too - having said that I've gone "cold turkey" on the chocolate for about 10 weeks now. I occasionally feel I want some but I'm a bit worried that if I start I won't be able to stop and I'll pile the pounds back on. I like the idea of this raw chocolate - never knew you could buy it! Is it really healthy? Are you talking about the cocoa bean? Does it taste anything like chocolate? I guess all the sugar and fat that's added to chocolate makes it taste the way it does! Ooops sorry got side-tracked by talk of chocolate! Welcome SerendipitySnaps (love the name by the way ) love ff x
fighting flab is offline   Reply With Quote