Old 04-23-2007, 08:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/238/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Another newbie...

I'm Jennifer (31) from GA. My hubby and I have 3 sons, and it seems like I've gotten progressively heavier after each child - I was 118 when I got pregnant with my oldest, and I hit 226 by the time my youngest was 10 months old. I started trying to reverse that trend a few weeks ago, and I'm down 10 pounds, but I still have a looooong way to go. Sometimes it just seems impossible and that it's going to take forever to get back to a healthy weight, but I owe it to myself, my children, and my husband to be healthy enough to do all the things we like to do, so I'll keep plugging away, I guess!

I have several things working against me that are really hard for me to overcome. For one thing, I'm still nursing my youngest son and will until he self-weans (within reason, of course - I don't plan to still be nursing him in college ), and, unlike *most* people, I gain weight while nursing. Another thing is that my hubby works really weird shifts, and that has our meal structure pretty messed up, so my brain has a hard time knowing when it's supposed to tell me I'm hungry these days. Also my MIL lives with us, and she is constantly bringing home fast food; she's an adult, so I can't exactly tell her what she can and can't get for herself, but having it in the house all the time really messes with my self-control!

Right now I'm following the basic principles of Volumetrics, but not doing any kind of structured plan with it; I have had the hardest time feeling full for the last year, so finding foods that I can constantly snack on has really helped me not to backslide (much, anyway... lol). I haven't really done much exercise yet, but now that it's starting to get nice outside I hope to change that.

I'm generally a fairly quiet poster, but I look forward to getting to know everyone!
zookeepera949906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

welcome to 3FC...good luck and join us on our daily thread. BTW..where do you live in ga? I currently am in savannah but will soon be moving to Marietta.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/238/150

Thanks for the welcome! We're NE of Atlanta... Stone Mountain-ish.
zookeepera949906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

very cool! i'm moving to Marietta in July...its the otherside of Alt...i have a cousin who lives near st. mt. Very nice area.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:12 PM   #5  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Hi Jennifer! Welcome! Please join us on our daily thread too so you can really get to know us! Glad you're here! Melinda
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote