South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 04:27 PM   #1  
Sabbykay

S/C/G: 254/ 220.8 /140

Height: 5' 5"

Default HELP!!! Fell off and need advice!!

Wow!!
14 lbs!
Until today.
I had a conference and had prepared accordingly with my eating, but didn't get a snack in before lunch.. thus I was starving. So I had a little pasta...and a cookie.. or two..
NOW I remember why I am on this WOE. I feel like crap.

I plan to do Phase I for the remainder of the week and go back to Phase II next Monday.

Any suggestions for when you fall off the wagon?

Sabby Kay
Old 04-23-2007, 04:33 PM   #2  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

good for you for getting right back on. just be strong and do it. i've been beaching for a year and for the first nine months i felt in control enough to not have to return to phase 1... but eventually i did and now i'm 4 weeks back into phase 2 and it's going well...

don't use a 'treat/cheat' to stay off the beach... just get right back in the swing of things!
Old 04-23-2007, 05:25 PM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabbykay View Post
Wow!!
14 lbs!
Until today.
I had a conference and had prepared accordingly with my eating, but didn't get a snack in before lunch.. thus I was starving. So I had a little pasta...and a cookie.. or two..
NOW I remember why I am on this WOE. I feel like crap.

I plan to do Phase I for the remainder of the week and go back to Phase II next Monday.

Any suggestions for when you fall off the wagon?

Sabby Kay
When you fall off...pick yourself up, brush yourself off and jump right back on! Your journey isnt over yet and there is no reason to not continue. Try to use this as a learning experience. Many of us have one or two (or more!) trigger foods that we just cant touch or we will soon be out of control. Two of mine are french fries and bread. Maybe pasta is yours?
Old 04-23-2007, 10:07 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

The Beachies are totally right. You just jump right back into P1. The bad way that stuff makes you feel helps you avoid it in the future. The other thing to do is figure out what the problem was (you didn't have a snack) and avoid that problem in the future (pack a snack, just in case).

Glad you're jumping right back in...you'll do fine!
Old 04-23-2007, 10:36 PM   #5  
On The Beach!

SK - CONGRATS to you on your 14 lbs! Sounds like your head is in the right place....I'm sure you're gonna be just fine. Everybody has a slip-up now and then. You 'fell off' the wagon - heck, I'm not even 'in' it yet!

Here's to movin' on!
Old 04-24-2007, 08:51 AM   #6  
Michael Ann 1973

Everyone is right...this WOE is a lifestyle...not a diet.
If you run your car off the side of the road do you stay off the road?
If you spill something on the kitchen floor do you leave it there?
If you wake up and your hair looks a mess do you not fix it?
If your husband says something stupid do you say you want a divorce?
If you make a typo do you not correct it?
If you miss one week of church do you stop going all together?
If a friend forgets to call you do you never talk to them again?

These are all really silly...sorta...but they are for me and you. We just need to remember that we can't think short term. We ARE going to mess up and occasionally eat things that we probably shouldn't...but don't think about it that way...it is just ONE choice we made. NOT the choice for the rest of our lives.

When I did SBD in 2005 I thought about it way too much in black and whites. There were no shades of gray...like last Friday night I ate Papa John's Pizza...and then I moved on...no big deal!

I love coming in here and talking to you all
Closed Thread