Support Groups - Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks 4/23/07 ~ 4/29/07

JasonsLea
04-22-2007, 08:17 PM
What is Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks?

A bunch of us were all part of different challenges together, and when the challenges ended, we decided not to! So we all came together and decided to start a long term challenge group, and we called them the Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks!

-Anyone can join the group no matter what your goals are or where you are in your weight loss journey.
-We are here to support each other, encourage each other, laugh together, and cry together.
-Our unified goal is to exercise, eat right (whatever diet plan we may each separately be following), and have fun!
-We encourage new members, as the more that join, the more friends we have to support us along the way!
-We only ask that you follow one teensy, tiny rule. At the beginning of each month we state what our goals are, and they can be WHATEVER YOU WANT!
Then at the end of the month we can share how well we did with our goals, etc. However, sharing at the end of the month is completely optional.

We can do this!!

JasonsLea
04-22-2007, 08:21 PM
Sorry if I'm posting this thread a lil early today but I need to get home and do some cooking.

I hope more people pop up this week. This is our last thread for April. Can you believe April is basically over already? These months are flying by!:dizzy: I decided to forget the calorie counting and get back to counting points.

My goals for this week:

Get in more water.
Stay soda free.
Stay within my points.

Peace out ladies! :D

SD Gal
04-23-2007, 10:12 AM
Good morning!! :carrot:

Despite my disappearing act last week I assure you I am still here. Last week was just SO BUSY for me!!

I got on the scale a day early and after having just eaten what I wanted this last few days, I thought I would be up around 163.. NO SO!!... I was still at 159.. well.. as long as I didn't gain, right? :D

Hope everyone is doing well..

My goals for the week..

Drink my daily water..
Walk every day..
Stay away from *sigh* desserts! (I had a lovely caramel apple from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory yesterday..)

New question.. does anyone eat fage? You can buy it from Whole Foods and Trader Joes apparently.. I dont know where else.. I hear its supposed to be very healthy and high in protein.. (13g) & (its a greek yogurt). You mix it with things like honey, berries, splenda.. I guess there are a variety of ways to eat it. :) I just wanted to hear if anyone eats it as I am tempted to go buy some.

Back later ladies!! Big hugs all around! :hug:

Canuk4
04-23-2007, 01:42 PM
SD Gal, can't say I have ever heard of it. Good to have you back!

Jasonslea, thanks for starting the new thread and I to hope more people show up, we miss there input.

My Goals This Week:
Drink all my water daily.
Stay on my plan.
Get that exercise in, no matter what! Get moving!!!

Sharon S.

Canuk4
04-24-2007, 03:48 PM
What the heck is going on???? Where is everybody??? I was the last one to post yesterday afternoon, and know one has been on since, I can't believe it. Oh well.

I did good yesterday, with exercise, even got 40 mins. in, drank more than my quota of water, did good eating till I had one of those 100 cal. choc. bars, then I had a bigger one in the fridge and ate some of that, ruined a perfectly good day.

Today so far, have only had yogart, water is low, but I did get in a 30 min. walk this morning, outside even. Will have to try and do better the rest of the day.

Sharon S.

SD Gal
04-24-2007, 05:27 PM
What the heck is going on???? Where is everybody??? I was the last one to post yesterday afternoon, and know one has been on since, I can't believe it. Oh well.

I did good yesterday, with exercise, even got 40 mins. in, drank more than my quota of water, did good eating till I had one of those 100 cal. choc. bars, then I had a bigger one in the fridge and ate some of that, ruined a perfectly good day.

Today so far, have only had yogart, water is low, but I did get in a 30 min. walk this morning, outside even. Will have to try and do better the rest of the day.

Sharon S.

You did well Sharon.. keep your chin up silly! :) Good job with the walking, that rocks!! :carrot:

JasonsLea
04-25-2007, 02:19 PM
Hey everyone. Everything's same ol with me. Hoping I can get to water aerobics today *hoping* Registered for school Monday, classes start May 14th. Peace.

Jasmine31
04-25-2007, 04:43 PM
Hello ladies. I have been gone, I know. The kids were out for two weeks and I spent alot of time with them . I am also trying to get more involved with reading the bible and praying. I have been maintaining and not losing and it is time to give that a kick in the butt!

Fage, I have never tried it but have heard it is good. What I LOVE right now is Brown Cow yogurt. It is cream top(they do pasteurize but do NOT homogenize!) Is fage similiar?

VeggieGirl1
04-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Hello everyone

I have been posting occasionally in various forums, and I stumbled on this thread. I like that each person is doing whatever works for them here and would like to participate. I am trying to maintain healthy eating habits, and would like to lose a small amount of weight in the process, although my main goal is to get my "disordered" eating under control.

I eat Fage yogurt regularly. There are several varieties sold in my health food store, the difference being the fat content. I eat the nonfat (0%) variety and love it. It has a really thick, creamy consistency. I try to sell it to my husband (who eats most unhealthy) like a cross between sour cream and whipped cream, but he just rolls his eyes at me while he dishes up the ice cream lol. I HIGHLY recommend it:carrot: :carrot:

My goals for the rest of the week are
exercise every day
drink at least four glasses of water in addition to other liquids
avoid the excess sugar and bad fats

Canuk4
04-25-2007, 11:57 PM
Welcome VeggieGirl1 thank-you for answering SD Gal's question on Fage, that is great, I didn't even know what it was. I too have a husband who is a very unhealthy eater and he should not be as he is diabetic and has a serious heart condition. But I cannot get him to eat well and he still gets good reports from the doc's, even with toated jam sandwiches every day for lunch.

Thanks for the support SD Gal, how are you doing?

JasonsLea, what are you taking in school?

Jasmine, good to hear you are still around, it can be busy with five kids home from school for two weeks. Brown Cow Yogart, another new thing I have not seen here yet. So you heard of Fage too aye.

It has been a busy day for me, first helping Dad, then I had my first physio appt. she just got the particulars, I start the exercises tomorrow, I will be going 3 times a week for the first while. Then I did some grocery shopping, put that away and had some supper, then put out the garbage (Yuk!), dh is putting a new floor in at the cottage and has been there since Monday night, he is coming home tomorrow as he has a hockey meeting, then going back again to try and get it finished. We have no heat yet, the propane has not come and will not be there till May 7th or so. He does have 2 small heaters. Glad it is not me.

Food was good today, lots of veggies, a little low on the water, but did 2 miles for exercise.

Talk to you all tomorrow.
Sharon S.

JasonsLea
04-26-2007, 07:21 AM
Morning everyone!

Welcome Veggie!

Sharon, I'm taking administrative office management.

VeggieGirl1
04-26-2007, 10:38 AM
Good Morning everyone and thanks for the welcomes.

Exercised today - stationary bike and weights

Half of the water down and a healthy breakfast so far...egg whites with spinach and tomato, high fiber rye toast and small pear...

Have a good day all:)

Canuk4
04-26-2007, 08:30 PM
JasonsLea, that sounds like a great course to take as it can be used anywhere.

VeggieGirl1, Sounds like you are really off to a great start, keep it up.
Sharon S.

JasonsLea
04-27-2007, 07:13 AM
Veggie ~ I made some eggs with spinach the other day...fabulous! I love adding spinach to basically anything.

Sharon ~ That's part of the reason I chose that major. I want to be a secretary and I figure if the hospital sees that I'm taking courses gearing towards that, I can get into a clerical position.

VeggieGirl1
04-27-2007, 10:05 AM
Good morning everyone

Sharon - thanks for the encouragement!

JasonsLea - I like spinach too, although noone else in my family will eat it, so I buy the frozen, chopped variety, and keep some thawed in the refrigerator to throw in to various meals.

Today started well again...I exercised, treadmill this time, and a good breakfast...

Keep going all! :coach:

Canuk4
04-27-2007, 12:52 PM
Hi all, I didn't quite finish my post last night, got called away to the phone, then watched Grey's Anatomy and ER, then was just to tired to post again so went to bed. My day was pretty good yesterday except I did not get my exercise in. Not sleeping well, so low energy, but still I should of done something. Hopefully today will be better.

JasonsLea, that is smart thinking, my son is doing the same thing. He wants them to recognize he is putting a lot into work and school, so he can go forward. I think it is working, he has an interview for a new job coming up this next week and it is more money as well.

VeggieGirl1, wow you are putting me to shame, I have had another slow start today. Trying to get Dad in for an X-ray of his hand and helping dh with getting food ready for him to take up to the cottage. I don't think this floor is ever going to get finished, it is only a 5 x 8 room, but of course he took the whole floor out, toilet and sink, and is insulating it as well. Just a little frustrated this morning, just feel like I want to go back to bed and hide my head. Did not get my walk in, will have to use my tapes, have to take Dad for the X-ray at 1:30pm. That is what I get for being the only daughter and living 3 blocks away. As if I had a choice in the decision to be the only girl, with three brothers. Will go now, sorry for the ranting, will try and come back in a better frame of mind.
Sharon S.

VeggieGirl1
04-27-2007, 07:01 PM
Sharon - Your post sure rang a bell...I'm the only girl who lives one block from her mom, and you know what that means....Oh well, it's lucky that we get along as well as we do!

Don't let my couple of good days fool you...I can be just as bad as the next one:devil: when I let myself indulge or stay in bed rather than :tread:
I'm counting on you all to keep me honest!

Exercised today and seven glasses of water. Oh, and two servings of Fage yogurt...told you I loved the stuff!

Canuk4
04-27-2007, 10:44 PM
Hi all, me again. Please don't get me wrong I love my Dad to death, I just wasn't in the mood to deal with it all. Good thing we had an X-ray, he does have a fracture, but the bones seem to be lined up and at his age, probably would not put a cast on, per the doctor, recommended a Tensor or stretchy bandage going around his hand. So I ended up taking him to the bank, then the bulk food store and then home, I just got home and got a call from the doc and had to go back over with the bandage and put it on.

He is better tonight, thank goodness.

Hubby called around 8 pm and told me he has finished the insulation, now it is two floors he must put down, then sand it and prime it and put the tile down, I guess I will see him in about a week. lol

I did not do great today, surprise, surprise. Water very low, veggies good, no fruit. Just will have to do better tomorrow I hope! Help!!!! I need some support.
Sharon S.

FatToFitVirgo
04-28-2007, 12:34 AM
Hi, ladies! God bless Canuk4 for personal-messaging me to let me know this thread moved! I'm so glad she figured out why only a few people were posting! Please, everyone--remember that not all of us are as sophisticated in the ways of websites as everybody else! I've only been online for just under 3 months. While I've learned a lot, I still have more distance to go. Remember the newbies and add a link, if possible, to the new thread so we don't get lost in the cracks--please! I don't know how to add links myself, or I would do it.

Many thanks, again--I don't want to lose you, ladies! Your support is much appreciated!!

VeggieGirl1
04-28-2007, 10:19 AM
Morning all!

Sharon S. - glad to hear that your dad is doing ok. Here's good wishes for a better day today!
FatToFitVirgo - I too am not the most computer literate -- I often have to ask my teenage daughter how to do this and that, which only compounds my feelings of inferority and her feeling that she's invincible! lol

Okay, the day begins...good breakfast today, and I am off to exercise

Have a great day everyone

stopeating
04-28-2007, 01:02 PM
Hello everyone! I've been missing MIA for awhile. Why? Because I'm doing lousy and eating everything in site!! :o Wow I scare myself. Anyway I bought a pedometer today and I'm pretty excited about it.

Keep working at it everyone!

Jasmine31
04-28-2007, 01:05 PM
VeggieGirl1

Hello! Nice to meet you. Have you tried Breyers ice cream for him? I am thinking of when we do have ice cream for a treat to get that one cause it has more natural ingredients in it. I know not the same as not eating ice cream but if he is going to then to have it be healthier for him. ;)

Canuk4:

It's so good to see you too! *hugz* Glad to hear you are still doing well. So you joined a gym?

JasonsLea:

Hello! Great job on keeping the home fire burning!

FatToFitVirgo:

Hello! Yes everyone remember we do a new thread every week! Whoever starts the new one place a link in the old one!!!

Okay ladies so I seen one of my other buddies from here and in the 3 months I have been slacking, she has lost 35 pounds!!! WoWzeers! We need to get going ladies!! I know what I need to do. I need to quite making up 4 lasagnas a month and only have 2 for the month. I need to go get some more of that skinless ch. breast and just feast on that. I really need to start watching the cheese intake! More water! More vegis consitently, etc. More walking! That is a big thing for me and I got bad for a while. Sd gal are you still keeping up with your walking? I think I did so much better when I challenged others. I was so good I had some months at 1800-2000 minutes! Now I have been lucky to get 90 minutes a week. :( I need to think about this. What I want to shoot for is 300 minutes a week and to start doing my 8 minute abs again. Who wants to shoot with me for the 300 minutes a week??

Jasmine31
04-28-2007, 01:06 PM
stopeating

Hey hun! I have slipped too! Lets get back on it! !

VeggieGirl1
04-28-2007, 03:00 PM
Hi Jasmine31

Thanks for the Breyer's suggestion. I go back and forth whether its better to buy the low-fat ice creams, which uniformly have chemical, artifical stuff, or to stick with the all natural, but then higher fat ice cream. My daughter eats ice cream almost every night (vanilla only - I can't believe she's my daughter and doesn't like chocolate:rofl: ), but she is also on a swim team and eats otherwise healthy, so that's fine; for her, I'd rather she not have the chemicals.

I don't think I can realistically do 300 minutes a week; I usually do 35 minutes of intense cardio 5x a week and 3 days of weight training a week. I find that if I do more than that my body rebels:frypan:

Good luck!:broc:

Oh, also, could you tell me how to add a link? Specifically, I'm thinking of next week's thread? Thanks

Jasmine31
04-28-2007, 03:38 PM
Hey veggie:

Well my opinion is that the closer to nature the better, fats included. I TRY to stay away from artificial stuff and preservatives whenever possible. I am even thinking of looking into mixing carbonated water with 100% welch's grape juice, basically grape soda. (Yes I know too much sugary juice or anything isn't good for you but I am thinking for the kids and dh as an alternative to koolaid/ soda etc. Dh has committed to soda only two days a week but he still wants something sweet at dinner time. I do love crystal light and am trying to figure out what to do about that to get around the phenalynine and other atificial ingredients. *sigh* Here is a link to the fats stuff:

Low Fat Diets (http://westonaprice.org/knowyourfats/lowfatdiets.html)

Confused About Fats? (http://westonaprice.org/knowyourfats/index.html)

Lots of interesting articles on that site. Sounds like you are doing good with your daughter!

I understand what you mean about rebelling. I was doing so good like an average of 60 minutes a day of walking and then got stuck once (car problems) walking 3 hours in one day and that really blew it for me for a while!
Do you go to a gym or exercise at home?

Link: Do you mean how to post a new link for the new thread? Just copy/paste what is in your browser when a new thread is started, like for instance this thread says this:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110583&page=2

Canuk4
04-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Hi Everyone, busy place here today. Fat ToFitVirgo, your more than welcome for the heads up on the weekly site. I too am not great with computers, that is why I have no headers at the bottom of my posts, with my weight etc. I can't figure it out to get them on.

Well I am glad I am not the only one not doing great, sorry girls. Even though I had a bad day yesterday, I weighed in at my lowest weight yet today 220.5, I weighed twice just to make sure it wasn't a mistake. But I was pretty busy and running around yesterday, so I should actually be thanking my Dad for all the extra places I had to take him. lol

Jasmine I am up for your challenge, my knee is going out on me a lot, but I still want to try for it, when do you want to start? And is that divided by seven days? I really need to lose the weight before this wedding of my daughter's ( which the date, or something might be changing, she said something is up, but she is not ready to talk about it yet! YUM!!!!) anyhow, I definately want to get lower before the summer and continue to lose during the summer. I did not join a gym, I just got my brace off my arm and the pins out, a week ago Thurs. I started physio, and they are very gentle movements 3 times a day, repeats of 10.

I have not done bad today, water is more than half gone, I have been busy cleaning and plan on doing 10 min. intervals of walking while watching tv tonight. My eating is pretty good as well, just getting ready to have a nice chicken salad for supper.

Our friend SD Gal is rather busy socially at the moment, she too like some of the rest of us is eating well, but not always getting the walking in. I took that from a previous post!

Talk to you later.
Sharon S.

VeggieGirl1
04-29-2007, 12:42 PM
Good morning everyone

I wasn't sure if you start a new thread today, or tomorrow?
Anyway, glad to hear from you all --

Jasmine, thanks for the fats info. I actually work out at a gym in my apartment building, alternating between the bike, treadmill and elliptical for my cardio, and the free weights and machines for my weight training. I like your idea about mixing fizzy water and juice -- right now, I've been mixing two ounces of unsweetened cranberry juice with 14 0z. of water, and it makes getting all my water in much more palatable. Have you ever tried Hint water? It has just a touch of flavor with no calories, and nothing artificial added. The only problem is it's expensive here....

Canuk4 - glad to hear that your good deeds resulted in good karma for you on the scale!

I found a new cereal I like; its very high in fiber, has no added sugar or sweetners, and yet it actually tastes good! It's called Simply Fiber and I get it in the health food store.

I read about this site called my plate on another forum here; I've been using it to track my food intake and exercise. I like it much better than fitday. This site has a huge database of foods so you often can just click on what you ate, and it has a built in calorie calculator that tells you how much you should eat based on your ht, wt , age, activity level and current wt loss goal.
Does anyone else use tools like this?

Here's good wishes for us all today...:wave: :wave:

Oh

Canuk4
04-29-2007, 01:58 PM
VeggieGirl1, thanks for all your nice comments. Your doing really well! We start the new thread today. Someone will set it up, hopefully there will be a link for us this time. But if not, do what I told you too last time.

I have never used Fit Day or the other thread your speaking of, but would gladly. I just have to become more aware of what I eat. Writing it down is very helpful. I got to a dietican and she is trying to get me to eat 6 small meals a day, (which I find near impossible) need to plan better. At this time she does not wanting me counting calories, just to get in a better way of eating. I am trying, but seem to revert back to the calorie counting.

Did get all my water in yesterday and exercise. Hope today goes as well

BBL
Sharon S.

JasonsLea
04-29-2007, 07:49 PM
Veggie ~ I usually have my spinach in the baby salad form. I just love chicken and baby spinach salad! I've never had Fage yogurt before. I don't even know if they sell it in any stores near me.

Sharon ~ So happy DD is getting better!

Welcome back Virgo and SE!

Jasmine ~ No prob! ;)

I was going to post this week's thread but it's too early. If I'm still here about 7:30, I'll post it and post the thread here. :)

JasonsLea
04-29-2007, 08:40 PM
Okay, here's the link to this week's thread:

4/29/07 ~ 5/06/07 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111204)