Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2001, 01:51 PM   #1  

Default Weight loss with health problems

Hi
I have been trying to lose weight for so long now, that I've almost given up hope. The problem is I have high blood pressure and everything I have tried so far either raises my blood pressure or does not react well with my medication. I would really like to find a product thats all natural that I can take as just dieting and exercise is really not working for me.My friend says there is a product that's been on the market for a while that won't harm me even with my health problems- it's called Quick Slim. Has anyone heard anything about this at all?
Old 11-19-2001, 12:14 PM   #2  

I'm afraid that you're looking for a magic pill that probably just doesn't exist. I surely wish there was one myself, as I could really use some magic way to help me lose this weight, but so far, what I've found is that you have to modify your eating and exercising habits, and you have to do it permanently. That's the only way I know to lose weight permanently.

I took phen-fen, and lost 60 pounds. Thankfully, I didn't have any permanent heart damage, but I've long since gained back that 60 pounds plus 25 more, some of which I've now lost again. I'm currently doing the Weight Watchers online program, and I really like it. When it doesn't work (and I don't lose weight), I can usually attribute it to my not working the program carefully enough. Right now, though, I've been stuck at the same weight for weeks. I'm going to increase my exercise, and I bet it comes off soon! Knee pain be damned, I am going to get some exercise!
Old 11-20-2001, 01:30 PM   #3  

You can bet when the magic pill is invented that has no side effects and causes us to lose weight effortlessly comes out it will be front page headlines and the top story on all the news programs.

You will have to get real. The only safe way to LOSE weight and KEEP IT OFF is eating less and exercising more while you develop a life long eating plan.
Old 02-27-2002, 08:55 AM   #4  

Default still no success

I thank you for all the valuable input, I've done ww's with little success and followed the low fat diets and low carb ones the dr.s given me. I wish I was able to increase my exercise but due to an accident as a teenager my ability to exercise normally has been comprimised to the extreme. I can't affort the gyms etc but got a reasonable rate at a pool for their exercise classes. I 've incvreased all the heathy foods vegs fruits etc and no unhealthy ones except for a slice of homemade pizza once a month. All tolled I lost 15 pounds in a year and remain there. I'm so frustrated I could screem and to say the least my lack of progress is extremely hard on my self image.I guess I'm doomed to be fat!
Closed Thread