South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 11:17 PM   #1  
keep on

S/C/G: 187/173/130

Height: 5*8

Default i have stayed the same...

i have been on phase 1 for 4 weeks. i have lost 14 lbs. and im still at 14 lbs.
which is good but want to continue to lose. i work out 6-7 days a week and
im wondering if i need to step it up a notch and i am afraid to start phase 2
Old 04-21-2007, 09:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

I think you should definitely consider going into ph2 I remember reading in the SB books that prolonged stints in p1 isn't good. Maybe that's why your weight loss stopped. I don't know though I 'm not an expert. I'm sure someone else will have a better solution.
CONGRATS on the 14lbs
Old 04-21-2007, 10:09 AM   #3  
Michael Ann 1973

You definitely need to go to phase 2...Phase one is not mean't to be a prolonged eating plan. I have lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks since starting phase 2. You just need to start slow and watch for foods that trigger cravings.

Check out the FAQ's there is a lot of info. there that will help.

Besides 14 pounds is awesome!!!
Old 04-21-2007, 10:32 AM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

It can be scary to start phase 2 when phase 1 has been so very successful. Try easing into phase 2 slowly...just add one thing into your day...maybe a piece of fruit or a whole wheat item...and wait a few days before adding another thing. I think you might be pleasantly surprised at they way your body will continue to shed the excess pounds and inches for you. Speaking of inches, have you taken your measurements? For me, the scales may not move much for a couple of weeks, then they will drop on the third week...but, during that time, I will drop major inches! For me, the inches are numero uno! I wouldnt care if the scales said 200 if I could still fit into a size 8.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 262/251/160

Height: 5'6"

Just like aimeep77, I have stayed the same this week. Started Phase II this past week, added only one carb item and even began the Leslie Sansone walking tapes which kicked my butt and still the scale hasn't budged. I lurk around here sometimes, but I am still plugging away. Just trying to be patient and hopefully the weight loss will kick back in.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:10 AM   #6  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hang in there, Suzrbeth. If you are staying on-plan, your body will lose the weight. Are you measuring? If not, I strongly encourage you to do so. The scales arent the greatest measurement of our success. Even when the scales don't show a drop, your body is changing. The scales will catch up soon.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:06 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7.5"

Default I stayed the same too..which is disappointing...

I am disappointed in myself...but refuse to take it out on me,or get down about it. I felt though I needed to 'report' it..to keep myself honest. I've done so well since starting,and I did know that the weekly loss would slow down...but didn't think it would totally stop. I remember when I did sb several yrs. ago the same thing happened to me..I really think Phase 11 is harder..so I prepared myself to go slooooooooooooow,apparently not slow enough. I've made my April goal already..so for this last week, I'm going back to Phase 1..and then back into p11. I had pasta last week,and although it was only 2/3cup that might have been my downfall..as well as a glass of wine...I'll eliminate those treats this week and see what happens....'CHIN UP...CHOICES~
Closed Thread