Old 04-18-2007, 09:55 PM   #1  

Default question-if you've lost a lot of weight and exercised at the same time...

Hi,

I've been exercising pretty consistently for the past four years. Unfortunately, my eating has stunk most of that time. I usually do two strength workouts per week, at least three cardio sessions, and two or three yoga sessions (at home with dvds) or use my recumbent bike.

Anyway, I'm curious-if you've lost a lot of weight and exercised at the same time, when could you finally SEE the results from the exercise? I know there's some muscle and definition somewhere, but I can't see it because of all the weight I need to lose. I'm hoping there's a well toned body under here somewhere!!!! I'd be really discouraged to do all this exercise and not physically see some results at some point.

Thanks!
Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:04 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Personally, I've seen results pretty much immediately. I recently rejuvenated my exercise and healthy eating habits and I'm amazed at how much fat seems to be disappearing and how much muscle definition I'm seeing. Of course there is still flab but I feel firmer, look a little firmer and can definitely tell the difference in the inches lost just in the past few weeks.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:30 PM   #3  
Starting is half the task

S/C/G: 330/ticker/160

Height: 5'10

YES!! I have always been up and down with my weight, but now I am doing both exercize and diet changes, and I see bones and my arms look better. I mean, its amazing to me to be 270 pounds and able to see collar bone!! Something I swore I didn't have even when I broke it! HTH
Cokia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:59 AM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Sherry,

I see results almost immediately. It almost seems like the weight "re-distributes" and the inches start to drop.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 08:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

You really do just have to stick with it and have faith. As you get fitter, you generally start working out longer or more intensely, so the workouts have more of an effect. When I first started this, I was just walking a few times a week, so it took a while to see an effect. Also, I had so much fat covering everything, I knew it would be a while before I could uncover any muscle tone. I still have lots of flab, but as my workouts have gotten harder and more frequent, I see changes more quickly. I've always noticed changes in my legs first, especially now because of my running. My legs have completely changed.

And yes, the collarbone thing is so nice! Also, I can't really SEE a hipbone (I don't think I would want to be thin enough to see that, really), but I can feel it. I touch it all the time because I can't believe I've found it! I remember when I was a very skinny kid it used to hurt to lie on my stomach because my hipbones stuck out so much...but I haven't been aware of their presence since, until now!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote