WW Clubs and Groups - Feisty & Sexy 50-60 Year Olds #96

View Full Version : Feisty & Sexy 50-60 Year Olds #96

flaggies
04-18-2007, 03:48 PM
G'day all from Las Vegas.

Couldn't resist starting the new thread whilst Alan is hovering around for me to get going.

Glenda here is the blog address....http://flaggies.blogspot.com/

The photos I post can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Must fly, cannot wait to catch up with Glenda being the first one of our group that I will meet. Hope we survive the madness of the freeways!!!!

Cheers
Maria

muffinsmom
04-18-2007, 09:37 PM
So interesting to follow Maria and Allan's adventure and read their comments about our way of life. They certainly learned fast enough how everything is supersized and especially our American figures. No wonder we are always trying to diet. We don't recognize a normal portion if we saw it. We do everything to excess.
Too bad they had to see the dark side of this country with the massacre at Virginia Tech. Truthfully I don't understand it either, why guns are so easily accessible and why these people are so disgruntled that they act out in such an awful way.
Haven't had much computer time but I'm enjoying all your e-mails. Thanks!:carrot:

Lizziepie
04-22-2007, 07:02 PM
Hi All- I am finally back in circulation. On Friday night some firned and I wwent to the Cancer Relay for Life evening, had a free dinner for the survivors, and then I tried to sell my daughters jewelry. It was a bad night- lots of lookers and very few buyers. Then the wind came up and it wanted to blow everything off the table, and then it got cold and so we quit and came home.

Last night was the last big event of this winter season. We had a dinner theater of sorts. An outside group comes in, and does the show, and we provide the dinner. Another gal and I were the co-chairs of the event. this show was a take-off of the old HeeHaw show. It was good fun. We worked Friday a.m. and then most of Sat. to get it done. One of the fellows in the park cooked the pork barbecue, and we gals made cole slaw, potato salad, and barbecue beans. Other ladies baked cakes for our dessert. It was a good evening but I am glad it is over. We served 164 dinners. :stress: :crazy: :yawn:

We did have food left over, so tomorrow we are taking the leftovers to a Misson for homeless people.

Now it is time to just relax for a while.
I'm not even going to ride my bike tonight. Just put my feet up, and read or watch t.v.

It is fun keeping track of Maria, and she knew we needed her to give us a new thread. It will be great to hear about her meeting with Glenda. Makes me jealous.Oh well. It is good to see things through her eyes.

I'm off to my rocking chair. Ann

survivor
04-24-2007, 01:46 PM
Ann, one whole night off! I can't believe it! A WHOLE night off! You must be tired. You all must have had the same storm we had. At our Cancer Relay it rained and it stormed and it blew. I didn't go, but I did think about all those kids out there freezing. Ours was at the college and it was full of college teams and businesses. Today we are still under a storm watch. I have to catch myself and remember, I WILL NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT RAIN!

You know, the closer it comes for Alan and Maria's visit, the more I am looking forward to it. Like everything else, when something is close to you, you don't really "see" it. I just printed off the National Cowboy Hall of Fame website. We haven't been there in years and it is just so very special. We should be proud of it. Can't wait to see it again.

Talked to my kid, the principal. He said everyone is just so bummed out about the shooting. He said there is no way in the world they could close down a high school, let alone a university. I just got my copy of "Time" and I was so impressed by the writing. They did not glorify the shooter at all, just talked about those lost. On the front cover is a picture of each one. So much potential gone.

Darn! Got to get off that sadness wagon! Just makes my heart hurt.

Anybody got any jokes to send me, today would be a good day to lighten this mood.
Glenda

flaggies
04-25-2007, 12:31 PM
G'day all,

Just as I thought we were about to leave Alan decides he needs to use the bathroom and we all know what men are like so I thought I would take advantage of the time and post.
We had a good sleep in Dodge City and are off to a museum this morning.
People are having problems understanding us here... Alan wanted a beer last night and we had to repeat it 5 times and she then said 'oh a BEAAAAARE', she was very funny and we all had a good laugh.

Ann that sounds like a very hectic time you had, serving 164 dinners.:dizzy:

Glenda we are also looking forward to finally meeting and the museum sounds great, Alan will love it.
The weather is not the best today but I think it will be good by the weekend.

I just have to say that I have never come across feed yards before, boy do they smell!!!! Someone here at the motel explained what they were, don't know what they do with all the pooh, perhaps use it for fertilising, it looks very healthy country though I was told they had snow here on April 13 and all the wheat crops were destroyed :(

I must be off and explore Dodge City, everyones mouth falls open when I tell them after Stillwater we are off to Winnipeg:D:D

I will need a big rest when we get home;):D

Cheers
Maria

survivor
04-30-2007, 05:53 PM
Maria, I cannot tell you how wonderful your visit was for us. My daughter-in-law are still talking about visiting you in 10 years after they have saved. We so enjoyed showing off OKC to you. And who would have thought the university was so interesting to you!

Girls, if Maria and Alan are visiting you, you will just have a treat in store. Maybe it is just the 7 years of visiting back and forth, but I did feel that we had known each other forever. And Alan was just wonderful too. The accent was something too. "Blimey" and 'bloke" really are words used by Australian, not just Crocodile Dundee!

What have you all been doing lately? Gloria, are you getting ready for your big celebration? Slavika, where are you? Karen, forgive me. Is your mother still visiting you? Are you in the swimsuit season? Peggy, how is Peyton doing these days?
Glenda

flaggies
04-30-2007, 11:08 PM
G'day all,

We are in Chadron Nebraska tonight.
Thank you for your kind words Glenda, we enjoyed our stay in Oklahoma and Stillwater very much and your hospitality was very much appreciated.

I will get on with my blog....

Hope everyone is well...

Cheers
Maria

survivor
05-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Girls, are we not talking anymore? I have missed hearing and talking to you all. What is going on?

nanacas
05-02-2007, 05:23 PM
Ah, Glenda, you have shamed me into posting but I am happy to be doing it as it means I can sit for a while. It has been busy here but it should slow down in a while. What are you busy with, you may ask....well been doing a bit of Spring cleaning and we finally got the matching chair to our two love seats. Love them, the new chair is a swivel/glider and very comfortable. Of course I am never satisfied and found another chair in the set that matches the throw pollows on the love seats. Hmmmm, should I mention it to DH?...think I will! Today was the run up to Bedford to the Commissary for a long needed grocery run. Then we drove up to visit dd#3 and had lunch with her. Then it was back home and put everything away, which is even worse than shopping. Got some meats so that meant repacking for the freezer. Gee, no wonder I want to sit for a while.

I have been keeping track of Maria & Alan's Trek across America and they seem to be having a wonderful time. Glenda, sounds like you really had an enjoyable visit with them.

We are looking forward to the Middle School Musical, next week. Both of our local Middle School kids are in it. They are in the chorus...Cam is a Jock and Kerrie is a Cheerleader. It is called the High School Musical which I don't know a lot about but it should be fun.

Then there is June and Marie & Alan and in July everyone will be here for the celebration of our Fifty Year Anniversary. It isn't actually until September but the best time for the Raleigh contingent is during Summer vacation. It should be fun. We have reserved the bouncy castle for the kids for one of the days. We had it 4 years ago and they had a ball.

Before I leave I do want to wlsh Maria and Alan a very HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Gloria

flaggies
05-02-2007, 09:30 PM
G'day all from Rapid City,

I agree Glenda, what has happened to everyone?

Sounds like you have been busy Gloria, I am glad you are enjoying the blog. It is a bit of a commitment to do it at the end of each day but when i get home and I will be able to print it out, I will have a good record of all the things we did.

We have been incredibly lucky with the weather, I think you have had a lot of rain again Glenda since we left. The one day (morning) of rain when we went to the National country western museum was no problem.
Today and yesterday lovely sunny days.

I hope everyone is well and perhaps too busy to post.

Cheers
Maria

Lizziepie
05-03-2007, 08:03 AM
Good morning everyone: I too have just not bothered to come and post since nothing much has been happening here. I am disgusted with myself, since I don't seem to be able to get going with any continueing weight loss plan. I have big ideas and then they just go down the tube.

I want to paint our kitchen, but haven't come up with just the right color scheme, and of course there is a lot to do before painting, like washing down everything, then putting on the primer- and so it goes. we have a lot of cupboards and I dread the doors. Does anyone have any special shortcuot steps for cupboard doors, without having to take them off the wall. I know I have to remove the knobs, but I just hate the thought of having to take them all off.

I have started bike riding again, and finally went to the pool for some much needed exercise.

Right now I am upset that the package I sent to DD in Williamsburg hasn't yet arrived. It has been ten days now, and they assured me it would be there in 5. It is all her jewelry that she sent for our Relay sale. and now she needs it for hers. I went to the post office, and was told that I sent it the slow way, and that there was nothing they could do. And if I needed to make a claim I would have to wait 30 days before doing so. And she needs the stuff this week. I could kick myself for not sending it Priority, but :mad: I guess I was 'pennywise and pound foolish' as the saying goes. I've never had this sort of problem with the Postal service before, and the package is insured for $500. Wouldn't you think they could do something about finding it.:stress:

I still haven't been able to find a good sale price for flying to Williamsburg. I would dearly love to be there when Maria and Alan arrive, but so far it seems that it is only my dream. they may just have to settle with Holly and Mike.

Somehow I think that we communicate a lot with email, and so then I neglect to post. I will try to do better. How about the rest of you?

Ann

flaggies
05-03-2007, 09:16 AM
Early morning in Rapid City....Alan is still asleep:dizzy:

Nice to see you post Ann, sorry to hear about the package not arriving as yet, how frustrating and there is nothing you can do about it.:mad:

I have to say America is NOT diet (or eating healthily) friendly!
Your way of eating is so different, if you ask for a salad, it comes with croutons (very tasty!) unless you specifically ask, the dressing invariably is wonderful but high in fat. A lot of dishes are smothered in cheese.
Perhaps at home it maybe easier but eating out it is very difficult.
Even a simple ice-cream cone is filled to overflowing!
We have been stopping at subway, at least you have a little say what goes on and what does not.

I think we had a honeymoon couple next to us in the motel.....quite noisy:o, I ended up knocking on the wall at 2 am for them to quiten down!

Off to breakfast and on the road again.....

Cheers
Maria

painter5
05-03-2007, 06:38 PM
I am going to try this again. I just lost my post because it keeps saying I am not authorized even though I have logged in.
It is fun to read about Maria and Alan's great adventure. I like seeing things through their eyes especially since I have never been to these places. I guess I thought everyone liked ice in their drinks and take for granted the ice machines. Been trying to think of exciting things to when they visit here. A baby rhino was just born at the zoo-it was on the Today show the other morning. Hopefully we will be able to see it.
Ann I hate, hate to paint. I make a big mess of it. I also have a hard time deciding what color to paint. Have you tried ***********?It is a site like WW but free and free is good. They are located somewhere on the east side of town. You are quite amazing with all that you do. I think you need to rest in that chair a little.
Glenda - I loved hearing about your visit with Maria. The cowboy museum sounds like fun. P was 2 on Easter. He is getting big. I will send pics that Neil just sent me today. He wears me out when he visits or we go and watch him.
Maria you have to save room for Graeters ice cream. Oprah's favorite. Too bad your not going near Cleveland to the Rock n Roll museum since Alan likes to serande you. I had to laugh at your men and bathrooms-it must be a universal thing.
17 days till school is out for the year. It is so hot in there I think I am melting sometimes. They are adding a kindergarten next year. As good as our feeder schools are I think I would save the $2000 and send them there. Going to go out and water the flowers since the rain didn't appear.

Lizziepie
05-05-2007, 11:22 AM
The lost has been found. I am so grateful that it was nothing serious with the package. After going to the Post office once and getting a not so satisfactory answer to my question, I waited a day and went back again and spoke to another person. This time she went on the computer and then cam back and told me that it was at the Williamsburg post office and had been there since the 26th waiting to be picked up. Holly had never received apick-up card in their mail. So I immediaatley called her cell phone and told her where it was. She went after school and sure enough. they couldn't explain just what had happened since they thought the rural carrier had put in the pick-up card. so anyway- all is well that ends well. All that worrying and fretting for nothing.

I am imagining that you gals in Winnepeg are now having a grand time with Maria and Alan. I am still trying to find a cheap fare that I can afford to get to Williamsburg while they are there. So far- no go. It will be dissapointing, if I can't go, but such is life. I know that Holly will take my place.

Off to get some shopping done and pick up a prescription now. I keep checking all the cheap tickets to see if I can come up with something. Say a prayer.

'See' you later. Ann

survivor
05-07-2007, 05:45 PM
Slavika and Trudy, I know you all are having such a good time. You know I am envious! I wish I were there for all that good talking. And with Slavika, all that good eating.

Ann, I sure hope you can find that good cheap fare. You will so enjoy them. So happy the post office thing turned out great. Bureaucracies--"I thought he did it! I thought she did it!" I relate to this. Painting is the biggest pain to me, but it is so necessary. Once we start, I am surprised always that we let it get this bad. We have two rooms right now that are so sad.

Gloria, you know I envy you being so close that you can see your middle schoolers when they have something in school. We have two bigger grandchildren who are the products of divorce and we never get to see them in anything.

Girls, I think your lives sound wonderful. I love to hear about them.

Our barbecue for Mothers' Day has just shrunk from over 30 down to about 26, This will probably be a bit more manageable anyway. Hubby has worked himself silly in the yard--you would think it was the President visiting instead of just family.

All it does here is rain. I am trying real hard not to complain. Remember last summer when rain seemed like a dream? I am trying to remember those days!

This has been Monday all day!
Glenda

slavika
05-08-2007, 07:12 PM
Hi Everybody: Maria and Alan left today and although they did stay here an extra day, I miss them already. Today is one year since my David died. Maria said that her and Alan would stay over one more day with me and we could all go together to the columbarium to see David on Monday (yesterday) along with Trudy and her DH. It made it so much easier for me having friends with me. I think it was harder for Maria then for me, because I guess she knew how I was feeling. They arrived here in Winnipeg Friday afternoon and we went out for dinner that evening. My son stopped by with Grandson and told Alan that he had tickets to the hockey game and would Alan like to go,,,,hee hee :) Alan was as excited as kid since he had never been to a game. The game was on Sunday evening. On Sat. Trudy and DH did everything for us all and she will likely tell you all about that. On Sunday I made an early dinner so that Alan could go off to the game and Trudy's husband went home and it left Trudy and I and my friend Irenie and of course Maria on our own to chat to our hearts content. My dil and granddaughter came by too for a bit. I won't say anything more about our activities so that there will be something for Trudy and Maria to talk about. I'll just end by saying that Maria is a sweet, kind, loving gal and I am happy to have her as my friend. Alan is gentle, smart as a whip and you can tell he sure loves his Maria.

flaggies
05-08-2007, 09:53 PM
G'day everyone,

We are in Virginia, Minnesota tonight after quite a long day and having been picked up by the police :eek: (see the blog for more details)

I just hate farewells and it was very difficult to say farewell to Slavika this morning:( I had said my farewells to Trudy and her dh the previous evening.

We had the most wonderful time, Trudy, her husband, Sally, her son and dil and grandchildren were just great.
I am loving meeting everyone but I am finding it very difficult to say 'goodbye', first my friend Nancy and her dh, then Glenda and Leon and now our Canadian friends.:cry:
Everyone has been so generous and we are very grateful, hopefully we might be able to return the favour to some of you, are you listening Sally;);), I guess you may be the most likely person to take me up on my offer.

I must fly and do my blog after this long day but if any of you get a chance to meet one and other, I have to say it has been the best experience for me, so far it has been the highlights of our trip.
At the moment Alan's highlight has been the ice hockey game, he never expected to get that opportunity.

Cheers
Maria:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Lizziepie
05-09-2007, 12:35 AM
Glenda: Could you please send us some rain? It is so dry and right now there are wild fires all over the state, as well as in South Georgia. We can smell smoke in the air, and over on the coast in Tampa they have had to have school children stay inside- no outside activities, because of the bad air.

It sounds like you Winnepeg gals had a great visit with Maria and Alan. I'm so glad that you all had such a good time. Maria - I guess on your long trip that there was bound to be some policeman that had to get in the way of a perfect driving record.

I got busy the past two days and washed all the windows in our screen room. They are the pop-out kind. Easy to take out, and hard to put back in. They are vinyl windows, so you have to spray on a special window cleaner, and after wiping it off, then you have to polish it with a soft dry cloth. It took me two days to do all 8 sections.

Now i have to get serious about painting the kitchen. I just have to decide on the right color scheme. I was thinking of a soft yellow, but now am leaning more to the gold idea. I have to make up my mind pretty soon.

See you all again soon. Ann

flaggies
05-09-2007, 11:16 AM
G'day all,

Yesterday wasn't such a good day, leaving Winnipeg, getting pulled over by the police and having to travel on to Virginia because we could not get accommodation in any towns earlier.

Today is a different day other than I shaved my legs (only half shaved them as it turned out) and must have nicked a vein and had a hard time stopping the bleeding, Alan tied a hanky around my leg and said it has to be firm, I didn't think it had to be that firm that my toes were going blue!!
It has now stopped bleeding and I will kep my leg up as much as I can.

I forgot to tell you about Costco's.....we went there the last day in Winnipeg...what a great store and so many bargains:D:D
Alan and I enjoyed having a bit of a gander there.

We will probably stay at Milwaukee tonight and hit Chigaco on Thursday.

Goodnes you would not be wanting to wash your windows too often Ann, that sounds like a huge chore.
I liked the windows Glenda had in her house, they were sort of hinged and folded in making it a breeze to wash the windows.
I am probably not explaining this correctly Glenda, but I thought they were great.

Alan is ready to get going so.....

Cheers
Maria

painter5
05-09-2007, 06:26 PM
It sounds like Maria had a wonderful visit in Winnipeg. Maria sorry to hear about your meeting the police. If it only happens once on your whole trip-that is a good thing.
A Chicago tip-you can buy online a ticket for their hop on - hop off trolley ride and save a few bucks. It goes all around the city with a guide and you can get on and off whenever you want. We enjoyed it. And since you have granddaughters you should visit the American Girl doll store. It is quite amazing-they have tea room and a beauty salon so the child can get her hair styled like her doll. I was with a friend who has gdaughters and it was fun. We saw a funny play there in a real small theater-Menopause the musical. We loved it but there weren't very many brave men there. I can't wait to meet you. I am trying to figure out things that you might like.
Ann go for yellow in a nice buttery shade. I wish I had easy windows to wash. That is not my favorite job.
Slavika that was nice to have friends with you to visit David. Do you have hockey year round?
I think I am supposed to go to dinner tonight with the WW. I have to check that out.
Peggy

Lizziepie
05-10-2007, 10:36 AM
Good Morning all
Maria: I was interested in your impression of Deluth. Those ocean going ships were what DH job was before retirement. When he captained ships he went all the way to Deluth, and later as a pilot he went only on one section of the St. Lawrence River. I was lucky enough to make some river trips with him. It was quite an experience. Sorry about the nicked vein. Could have been a bit scary, for sure.

What an adventure you are having. And as Peggy said, if you only meet the police once on this long trip that is plenty.

It sounds like you all had a wonderful visit in Winnepeg.
And Slavika, it was so nice for you to haave some company on your visit to David. It hardly seems possible that a year has past, but I imagine it seems much longer to you.

I'm off to have a massage now. After all the windows, i need one.

Oh, Maria- none of the houses in Florida have basements like they do up north. The water table is too close to the surface, i guess, and it is all sand, so the cost would be prohibitive. So each house has a cement slab foundation.

I love reading your blog. Ann

survivor
05-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Maria, I love reading your blog everyday. I always wonder what they have got into today. You and your leaking--blood or whatever that was when you were here. Glad you got it stopped! FYI Girls, Maria sprung a leak when she was here on her arm. It took a couple of days to stop. You are just having the most amazing time! I told you I live vicariously through your traveling.

Slavika, you seem to have done so well in this year. Glad you had some company on your visit with David. He was (and is in spirit) such a nice man. You Canadian ladies really showed them a good time. Their pictures looked happy. Alan was a real surprise to us--he was just as nice as Maria and, like you say, just wanted to absorb as much as possible.

Ann, I am glad you are doing the massage. Your screen room sounds nice and I know you enjoy the view once the windows are clean. And what a fun memory to think of being on the big ships with your husband. But I know Florida is a good change, especially in the winter.

Gloria, I wasn't sure if Maria and Alan are going to visit you or not. You know, we couldn't have been positioned in better places to give a traveler a good taste of North America.

It is still raining. Ann, I am TRYING to send it west, but it isn't working!

painter5
05-10-2007, 06:13 PM
Yikes, bleeding bad is a scary thing. Maria you will have stop shaving your legs or you won't have any blood left.

Trudy
05-10-2007, 06:23 PM
Wouldn't you just know it... it rained for 3 days while Maria & Alan were here! It has been sunny and hot/warm since they left. It was lovely visiting with them. Alan is great... he fixed my computer! I wasn't able to get any mail in my inbox.
He also got the Defragmenter to work for the first time.
The time just flew by, and we had the most fun tea/dinner/supper (we all called it something different) times. I will always remember their visit fondly. And, you never know Maria, we might just save up our pennies and make a trip to Adelaide. Whether we were at my home or Sally's, everyone was relaxed and made themselves at home and that is what I loved the most. Anyone else like to come and visit?... I can't wait.

About this board, Does everyone else have a ton of advertising down the side and between the postings? What is going on? I had to sign in again, first time that ever happened. Let me know if I am the only one experiencing this problem.

Time to be creative regarding "Supper" (as I call it)....

flaggies
05-10-2007, 07:47 PM
G'day all,

Maddison tonight....what a lovely trip along the Mississippi, beautiful country side and what a river, wow. I will post some pictures on my blog.
If any of you want to visit Winnipeg, I can thoroughly recommend it though I would also recommend a very strict diet before you get to Slavika's, she tends to go a little overboard foodwise, in the nicest possible way;):D;):love:
Trudy the rain did not bother us, we did have a lovely sunny day on our last day. I do hope you will perhaps one day make a trip to Australia, you would enjoy it, it is certainly different to what you are used to!

My leg is fine, it just so happened that I nicked a vein, it would not have bled this badly otherwise.
I also had a leak coming from my arm when I was at Glenda's. It was very strange, just a clear fluid but it 'leaked' for 4 days :eek::rolleyes:
It happened once more since leaving you Glenda but only lasted a day.

How interesting Ann that your dh actually captained some of those ships. We thought it was a lovely area and to have done some trips with him would have been a great experience.

Onto Chicago tomorrow and then Cincinatti sometime next week and we will meet Peggy and her husband, not sure of the date as yet.

I would love any of you to come and visit us in Adelaide, I am sure you would enjoy it and I would love to return the hospitality that has been shown to us.

Off to do my blog....

Cheers,
Maria

Lizziepie
05-10-2007, 11:31 PM
Maria: I think thata the bird in your photo is a Baltimore Oriole. It seems to match the picture in my Bird book. They are beautiful birds, but my favorite is the Cardinal. They are so beautiful. You will probably see some in Virginia. Holly has a bird feeder in her back yard and Cardinals often come there.

Have you decided where you are going from Cincinnati yet. Will it be Niagara Falls or South first?

Ann

flaggies
05-11-2007, 10:35 AM
I think you are right Ann, they did tell us and we forgot the name, Oriole sounds familiar now you have jolted my memory.
The cardinals we saw were stunning but unfortunately we were too slow, no doubt there will be other opportunities.
Cheers
Maria

Lizziepie
05-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Maria: When you see another Cardinal listen to his whistle, and if you can imitate it, it may come closer to you. I was out in the yard this p.m. and heard our Cardinal whistle, and I am getting to be able to imitate him and lo and behold he was on a tree branch just over my head and looking my way. So give it a try, and while one of you is whistling the other can snap his picture. Good luck. Ann

painter5
05-12-2007, 08:13 PM
Ann I didn't know that about cardinals. I love to see them in the winter out in the snow. So pretty and red against the white snow. We occasionally have them at our feeders. I will have to try the whistle idea. Sometimes we get little yellow and black finches? I call them wild canaries.
Happy Mothers Day to all of you. I hope you have a nice happy day. We are going to the happy home [assisted living]to visit dh's mom and dad. They moved their in Jan after Dad had a couple of little strokes. Being dh's moms caretaker we thought this was best. She seems to like it there but not sure about him. They are both 90. Dh's one sister is Pa and the other is moving to Oregon next month when her youngest graduates from high school. Her husband was transferred there. Since she sold her house she is living in the parents house down the street from us. Her van was stolen from the driveway last week. Such fun. We are going to my nieces later to celebrate a couple of birthdays. Supposed to be a nice day. We keep looking for the rain that Glenda has.
Going to water my plants which makes for an exciting Sat night.
Peggy

Trudy
05-13-2007, 02:29 AM
Our DD had us over for a Mother's Day supper Sat. They will drop by on Sun with something they have made for me, on their way to the in-laws. It was a lovely day. They made New York Ribs, delicious! The grand children were so much fun. It was such a nice day. I usually find a shady spot to sit, but today we were out running around with the kids.
I hope you all have a lovely Mother Day.

flaggies
05-13-2007, 11:21 AM
Trudy I can now exactly picture where you had your mother's day supper/tea/dinner;):D
Sounds like you had a lovely day.
We are off to our first big time baseball match the Whitesocks v Cansas City!!!
We will no doubt take some photos and upload them to my blog!

Hope everyone is having a lovely Mothersday.

Cheers
Maria

flaggies
05-13-2007, 11:22 AM
onto the next thread all, my little job in Chigago!!!

Maria