Old 04-18-2007, 11:48 AM   #1  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Office Donuts.... gee, thanks

Just venting here. My cubicle is about 10 feet from our coffee area. Someone just wanted to give us all a "treat"... donuts. Not a problem, because I will not get any donuts. If I were going to ruin being on plan, it would not be with donuts. I just had to do an eye roll.

Bring in flowers, bring in a veggie tray, bring in a card... whatever... just leave the "treats" at home!!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:12 PM   #2  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Ah, Diane! Here are some flowers for ya! Congratulations for sticking to your plan!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:33 PM   #3  
Beach Babe Wannabe

S/C/G: 257/226/125

Height: 5' 4" - 51 years old

WE don't need no stinkin' donuts!!
I can sure relate..
I used to work in a hospital.. food EVERY day! all day long.... from RN's and other Patients and parents of patients and Doctor's wives.....

there was this one Doctor's wife.. skinny little... well don't get me started.. she used to make this thing called Thunder Cake.. I would look at it and think.. .ya.. thunder thighs you mean.. skinny little.... #$%&*!!
I am SURE she never ate a tiny spoonfull.. we used to all joke that she wanted to keep the staff fat so her hubby wouldn't be tempted.. HE never ate it.. so it was sure not for him...
she used to bring this stuff every Friday... $##%%^&*@
Sorry... went back to a bad place for a minute..

CONGRATS on just saying no..
Runundefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:55 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

I used to work in an office where people would constantly bring in candy, cookies and other treats. They would go to Costco and get the big things of treats. I learned to ignore them.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:57 PM   #5  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Man, I'm so glad I don't work in an office anymore! People were always bring donuts, cakes (so many bdays), etc.
jennylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:03 PM   #6  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Thanks for the flowers Rhonda! Made me smile!

Runundefined: What a hoot! I think you might still have some unresolved issues there. That's not a professional opinion, but I just have a hunch! Funny how the husband doctor didn't indulge!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:04 PM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Oh yeah, my old office and my new office both have monthly birthday celebrations with cake. I don't go.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:13 PM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I give you much credit Diane and all you ladies who work in an office. I used to think it was sooo hard working at home, being close to the fridge and all, but now I'm beginning to think an office is even worse. There's just all that immediate, oh so tempting garbage food lying around.

Great going Diane. Stay strong.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:42 PM   #9  
Beach Babe Wannabe

S/C/G: 257/226/125

Height: 5' 4" - 51 years old

Hi Diane,

I am SURE I have unresolved issues with that woman.. she was evil on several levels!..

you know I think it is hard whereever you are.. I work at home and think that is actually harder than when I worked in the office.. at the office I KNEW I should not eat the junk.. so I usually did pretty good..

here i have all pretty much healthy food.. but I can tend to trip to the fridge too much.. and eat too many almonds or too much plain yogurt with blueberries or too my ryvita and cheese.. if I am not constantly diligent..

there is temptation everywhere eh?

Nelie..
I used to believe (no really I did) that if you didn't eat a piece of someone's birthday cake you could cause them bad luck for the year.. (silly ha?)..
so I could NEVER not eat the cake..
until one day I learned how much crisco they use in that frosting and the whole idea really made me sick.. .. now.. if they have birthday ribeye...
that's another story!!!
Runundefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:44 PM   #10  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

There is ALWAYS food around here. From catered meetings where there are leftovers, to birthday/anniversary/welcome/goodbye cakes and treats... it is TOUGH. It feels good though to walk right by it.
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I feel your pain. Someone is always bringing something in here and it drives me nuts! Plus, there is tons of junk food and snacks that the people order to have on hand. I just stocked up the fridge with the stuff I can eat, and once in awhile I"ll have a bag of chex mix.. but other than that, I stay the heck away from the darn kitchen!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:12 PM   #12  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Every place I ever worked was the same. Someone was ALWAYS brining in donuts, snacks, the works. It was always a treat in the breakroom. And then I started working here. There is NONE of that. Not birthdays or nothing. No one brings in treats...ever...and if they do, they go almost uneaten. I have never known anything like it.

We do have candy & chips in the breakroom for the students, so I am not without temptation, but nothing extra.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:20 PM   #13  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

I've never had a problem with treat temptations at work - I think it's because I always worry about what people would say to me (or even worse, behind my back!) if I were caught in the act of eating something that might not be considered healthy! I have to confess though that I am one of those people who brings in home baked goodies occasionally (I "eat" vicariously through my co-workers!). But in my defense, I am the only one there that is even vaguely overweight and I won't bring anything in if any of my co-workers are trying to lose a pound or two that week.
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:04 PM   #14  
Its all about choices

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

We have a snack machine in our break room, stocked by an outside comapny. Since its so expensive, we created a snack drawer. One lady does the shopping, buys what we want and we pay for it. I got my chocolate fix from that drawer every day. I haven't touched the handle of that drawer in 3 weeks! Not even to peek! I put my yogurt, water and lunch in the fridge and ignore the snack machine.

Great job ignoring the donuts! I turned down b-day cake and ice cream Monday. I was tempted, old habits die hard, but am glad that I did. My dept has 4 out of 5 doing WW, so the last party we had consisted of fruit, baked chips w/ salsa and angel food cake w/ strawberries. Office parties can be (kinda) healthy!
NickiB68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:22 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 266/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Good for you for resisting! Its so hard not to want the office treats. I work in an office in a hospital where drug reps are constantly bringing in breakfast and lunch (there's lunch everyday!!). The worst part about it is that we're the endocrine department which includes diabetes! To think that we're getting all this bad food. And probably even worse, the left overs end up on a table that's about a foot away from my desk, so its always sitting right in front of my face. I know how you feel, its hard to pass up!
Flutterby873 is offline   Reply With Quote